WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: May 14 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back on track! View Post
01/01 276.0
01/02 275.0
01/03 272.8
01/04 269.8

What a crazy year last year! I'm glad it's over and life is moving forward. I missed you all so much! I had my youngest daughter and my grandson here for 2 weeks in December and we did EVERYTHING we could think of! Baked, cooked, ate out, went to the zoo, went to Six Flags, went shopping...went shopping...went shopping...lol. They left 3 days before Xmas and I've spent the past week in bed with pneumonia. What a way to end the year! My daughter and I spent New Years Day planning our menu for the entire month so that we stay on track. We're back on another Whole30 which is by it's nature low carb (with no sugar, no soda, no sweeteners of any kind, and no processed food at all, just real food cooked at home) I still have 4 days of antibiotics left but other than that, I'm on the mend. I'm glad to see so many old friends and so many new future friends here Have a wonderful day all!

Remember - "owning" our choices is half the battle! Chin up, lovelies!
Wow, great job on loss!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2017, 11:36 AM   #62
Parisfox
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 254/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Repeat Offender!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitCat View Post
Happy Birthday Judy!!
Thanks, Kit!!

"I may give in, but I'll never give up!!"...

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 04:16 PM   #63
Smileybcuz
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Smileybcuz
Judy Happy Happy Birthday!
Old 01-04-2017, 06:19 PM   #64
LowCarbAng
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbAng
Stats: 300/291/200
WOE: LCHF, Keto, IF
Start Date: Jan 1, 2017
Goal for 2017: Develop a livable low carb eating plan for life.

Jan 1- 300 IF, steak, spinach salad w/bacon and feta
Jan 2- DNW IF, free lunch (don't ask!), pulled pork
Jan 3- 298.3 protein shake, spinach salad w/bacon and chicken, omelet w/bacon,cheese,veggies
Jan 4- DNW, IF, taco salad, peanuts, salad, bunless burger w/onions,mushrooms,cheese (half leftover for lunch tomorrow!)

We ate out at Texas Roadhouse. Declined the bread even being brought to the table. I did have the peanuts they freely give. They have the shell so that kept me from eating too many. They were roasted and so yummy!

That bloated feeling is finally gone. Ahhhh! I need to always remember how this feels and how much BETTER it feels than that carby bloat. Less joint pain today as well. I had such horrible joint pain yesterday part from just sitting still for so long and part from the carbs.

Reading Tami's post about fat bombs...got me thinking that I need fat bombs laying around. I have a few recipes and just need to make them. Do they freeze well? or last a long time in the fridge? Right now I'm eating bacon for my cheat prevention. When I get cravings I KNOW it helps to find some fat and eat it.

Terri- thanks I really do appreciate it.
Tami- I'm a routine girl too! I guess that's a good trait being a teacher. I have to food prepare if I know my routine is about to implode.
Laura- I'm so glad to hear you are doing better! Being sick really does suck.
Janet- that's awesome...4 years! What weight did you start at?
Teresa- that's a good solid goal!
Judy!

to everyone!

LowCarbAng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:33 PM   #65
kind
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kind
WOE: Good fats, Plant base,calarie counting>1200
Start Date: April1 2013
Thanks,
I started at 178{April 1st 2013{Now 128
I'm 4 ft. 11{So I have left a whole lot of me down the long road.
Getting close to being normal weight>123
and then take it to *110 lbs{And that is not to far eighter.
But Still slow . But I keep on and I will. This is the year.
Plus going to be doing weights and other stuff too, besides walking or jogging. Thats my plan and I'm sticking to it.

Happy Birthady Judy and many more.
Janet
kind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:08 PM   #66
tamigirl
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tamigirl
Stats: 216/171.2/130
WOE: Low Carb/Keeping it under 30
Start Date: Feb. 16, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbAng View Post

Jan 3- 298.3 protein shake, spinach salad w/bacon and chicken, omelet w/bacon,cheese,veggies
Jan 4- DNW, IF, taco salad, peanuts, salad, bunless burger w/onions,mushrooms,cheese (half leftover for lunch tomorrow!)

We ate out at Texas Roadhouse. Declined the bread even being brought to the table. I did have the peanuts they freely give. They have the shell so that kept me from eating too many. They were roasted and so yummy!

That bloated feeling is finally gone. Ahhhh! I need to always remember how this feels and how much BETTER it feels than that carby bloat. Less joint pain today as well. I had such horrible joint pain yesterday part from just sitting still for so long and part from the carbs.

Reading Tami's post about fat bombs...got me thinking that I need fat bombs laying around. I have a few recipes and just need to make them. Do they freeze well? or last a long time in the fridge? Right now I'm eating bacon for my cheat prevention. When I get cravings I KNOW it helps to find some fat and eat it.

Terri- thanks I really do appreciate it.
Tami- I'm a routine girl too! I guess that's a good trait being a teacher. I have to food prepare if I know my routine is about to implode.
Laura- I'm so glad to hear you are doing better! Being sick really does suck.
Janet- that's awesome...4 years! What weight did you start at?
Teresa- that's a good solid goal!
Judy!

to everyone!
The ones that I make do freeze well. You have to keep them in the freezer so they don't melt due to the coconut oil in them.
Goal Weight: 175lbs.
Final Weight Goal: 130lbs.

Tami
Starting Back In Induction Phase. 20g. Carbs A Day For Two Weeks
Why You Say? Cause I Got Goals!
tamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:11 PM   #67
tamigirl
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
1/2: 231
1/3: 230.2
1/4: 230.4

Good morning all, everyone is off to such a great start!!

I have a definite goal of drinking more water....I REALLY need to focus on that!

Tami....what kind of fat bombs are you making?? I looooove fat bombs and I'm always looking for new things to try!!

Have a great day everyone!
The kind I make are the peanut butter chocolate kind. I love Reeses PB Cups so these to me are yummy. I'll post the recipe tomorrow. I haven't tried Amy other flavors. What kind do you like?

Tami
Old 01-05-2017, 05:33 AM   #68
tamigirl
Senior LCF Member

1/1- 180.6 Yikes!!
1/2- 179.2
1/3- 177.4
1/4- 176.2
1/5- 176.8
I am still on plan.
I checked my ketones and I am in small ketosis so that's good. That means that I am burning fat. I don't have much of an appetite and the cravings have subsided a lot. I have a lot of sewing to do today. My niece is turning 12 and is into Harry Potter so I am making her a Gryffindor house robe. Her birthday is this Saturday so I have to get on it.
Janet~ You have done very well since you've started. You have lost 50lbs. and have kept it off. You are down to the dribbles so it gets harder the smaller you get, as you probably know. With all the exercise you do your heart and body are really thanking you. Don't give up! You'll get there.
Angie~ That's great on the routine and food prep. You have to be prepared cause you never know when life is gonna happen and it does happen. Lol I used to work for a school a few years back as an office aid. I hardly had time to eat lunch. I had a hard time getting someone to cover for me to take a proper lunch break so I ate while I worked. Now that I look back at it I should have taken my breaks. I was working for free during my lunch time. I was too nice.
Judy~ to you... to you... to J~udy... to youuuuuu!!! And many moreeee!
Hang in there everyone!! It's a new month and a new year!!

Tami
Old 01-05-2017, 06:32 AM   #69
Terri B
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Terri B
Stats: 295/220/190 6'0"
WOE: LC/I.F.
Start Date: 4/26/12
Jan 3 - 235.0
Jan 4 - 234.0
Jan 5 - 232.0

Work the plan, and the plan will work!

Laura! So happy to see you back! Missed you, girl!

Tami, proud of you and your commitment to the re-start! It is more difficult to do than the initial start of your WOE. It will build your confidence as well!

Happy Birthday Judy!

Happy Thursday, all!

[/SIG[SIGPIC]PIC]
Terri B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:06 AM   #70
Back on track!
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Back on track!
Stats: ^400/263/125
WOE: Whole 30/Paleo
Start Date: January 2011
01/01 276.0
01/02 275.0
01/03 272.8
01/04 269.8
01/05 267.4

The one thing I was really missing with all the changes was my furbabies. As some of you know, with the end of the relationship, he kept our 2 dogs (*cry*) and since my daughter here had 5 cats, I thought my dog days were over. For Christmas, my daughter gave 2 of her cats to my youngest daughter and we now have a dog. He's a rescue boxer, 8 years old and such a sweet sweet boy. He sleeps with me every night and fills a spot I thought would remain empty. It has also helped me to finish healing from a rough year. So here's to Cash, my new walk partner and play buddy and general all around companion!

Judy, I hope you have a wonderful birthday and an amazing year Love you!

Hop on the train everyone, we're on the track to Onderland and goal for those already in Onderland! Never forget where you started your journey and remember how far you've already come.

Happy Thursday all!

~I'm a marathon, not a sprint! ~

Back on track! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:15 AM   #71
tamigirl
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
01/01 276.0
01/02 275.0
01/03 272.8
01/04 269.8
01/05 267.4

The one thing I was really missing with all the changes was my furbabies. As some of you know, with the end of the relationship, he kept our 2 dogs (*cry*) and since my daughter here had 5 cats, I thought my dog days were over. For Christmas, my daughter gave 2 of her cats to my youngest daughter and we now have a dog. He's a rescue boxer, 8 years old and such a sweet sweet boy. He sleeps with me every night and fills a spot I thought would remain empty. It has also helped me to finish healing from a rough year. So here's to Cash, my new walk partner and play buddy and general all around companion!

Judy, I hope you have a wonderful birthday and an amazing year Love you!

Hop on the train everyone, we're on the track to Onderland and goal for those already in Onderland! Never forget where you started your journey and remember how far you've already come.

Happy Thursday all!
I am glad you got a furbaby! I just love animals. Nice drop BTW!!

Tami
Old 01-05-2017, 07:18 AM   #72
tamigirl
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri B View Post
Jan 3 - 235.0
Jan 4 - 234.0
Jan 5 - 232.0

Work the plan, and the plan will work!

Laura! So happy to see you back! Missed you, girl!

Tami, proud of you and your commitment to the re-start! It is more difficult to do than the initial start of your WOE. It will build your confidence as well!

Happy Birthday Judy!

Happy Thursday, all!
Thanks Terri I try to be as encouraging as I can cause I've been there and know what it's like. I still have my issues today. Fantastic job on the drop!

Tami
Old 01-05-2017, 07:43 AM   #73
Smileybcuz
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Smileybcuz
1/3 - 244.2
1/4 - 243
1/5 - 241.2

Angela I totally agree with you on the bloating, if I could remember that everyday maybe I would stay on track... I don't do well with that fat bombs around, I eat to many and well that's not good, I think part of it is because my DH will eat them all up in a night and I'm afraid I wont get any so I overdo it. This is something I work on, I get upset with him but I have to realize I can make them again.

tamigirl thanks, I think my goal is doable. I'm also looking at it that if I lose 6 pounds this month and only 4 next month then I am still on track, going to try not to be so hard on myself.

It's great seeing so many wonderful people back here, we've got this!

My goal for the year is to loose 5 pounds a month, so by the end of the year be 60 pounds down. I won't be at my goal but a lot closer then what I am now.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:43 AM   #74
KathryninAR
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathryninAR
Stats: 302/260/Onederland
2016-Lost 31 lbs

1/3 271.2
1/4 269.0
1/5 265.8

Glad I'm coming out of this decade quickly...since I've already seen this one pass in November ...5.2 lbs in 2 days, I'll take it. I'm definitely working hard for it. Three small meals a day, less than 20 carbs, and cardio for an hour each night. Also drinking 100oz of water...that's probably my least favorite. I have to tinkle every single time I stand up..and I'm always cold.

Onward and downward...
KathryninAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:46 AM   #75
Parisfox
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Parisfox
Stats: 254/..../160
WOE: LC & VLC
Start Date: Repeat Offender!
01/01...251.4
01/02...253.0....NOT the right direction. But I promise myself to get back on track after my b-day.
01/03...253.6...
01/04...256.4...
01/05...255.6

Thanks, everyone for the b-day wishes. You guys are the best!!

Laura...That's nice that you were able to get a dog....and rescue dogs are the way to go.

Hugs, everyone. I'm going out to lunch today and then that one lunch next week. I'll be good between and after them.

"I may give in, but I'll never give up!!"...

"Always keep people in your life who charge your battery, not those who drain it."
Parisfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:22 AM   #76
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 230 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: starting over AGAIN
1/2: 231
1/3: 230.2
1/4: 230.4
1/5: 230.2

Good morning ladies! Well, I seem to be off to a slow start Maybe I didn't have as much water weight as I thought? That's ok, I AM in ketosis, my keto strips are a nice dark plum.....and I am eating on plan and tracking my macros....it'll all kick in!!

Judy, Happy belated birthday!! I hope it was a GREAT day!!

Laura, I just LOVE Boxers....well, truthfully I love ALL animals, but Boxers are one of my fav's....they're so sweet and playful!! My DH is very allergic to anything with fur, so I get to vicariously live and love everyone else's fur babies!!

Tami, I do a LOT of the Choc / PB fat bombs, but truthfully I've kind of burned out on them. I do make one with some coconut oil, butter, a splash of SF salted caramel syrup, and some chopped nuts....you have to keep it in the freezer and even then they don't always freeze all the way through.....but they sure are tasty! I have a recipe for a lemon cheesecake fat bomb, a raspberry bark bomb, and a chia seed/coconut bomb that I want to try in the next few weeks....I'll let you know how they turn out!

Angela, I TOTALLY relate about the bloat!! I was just thinking yesterday how nice it is that I already feel a HUGE loss of that bloated, gassy feeling that had become so chronic....you'd think I'd learn my lesson and STOP going back to eating the garbage that makes feel so crappy to begin with!

Have a great day everyone, let's rock this!!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

231 225 220 215 210 200 195 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:50 AM   #77
Bloodhound
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bloodhound
Stats: 252.2/231.0/149.0 5'3"
WOE: Stillmans & Adkins hybrid + 3 mi./day
Start Date: 11/28/2016
01/01/17 236.0
01/02/17 234.6
01/03/17 236.0
01/04/17 234.4
01/05/17 236.0 Grrr

Carbs were good yesterday, but I didn't get a walk in. I need to get some keto strips to make sure carbs are low enough.
Bloodhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:38 AM   #78
susan46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susan46
WOE: High fat, low carb, moderate protein
Start Date: April 2016
1/01---233
1/02---232.5
1/03---232
1/04---232
1/05---232
susan46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:05 AM   #79
groovygiirl
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: groovygiirl
Stats: 320/271.8/220
Start Date: Aug 11 2016
Jan 1 - 275.4
Jan 2 - 275.2
Jan 3 - 275.6
Jan 4 - 274.2
Jan 5 - 275.0 - stress eating yesterday

Happy belated birthday Judy!

Never tried fat bombs, I will have to try those. Chocolate/peanut butter sounds yummy

Well, we decided yesterday that we are taking the kids to Disney World in May. So now my goal is to lose enough that I can sit comfortably in the airplane seats. Guess I better get off my butt and add some exercise to my life

Goals:

• Goal for January: 264
• Stick to WOE, no cheats
• Drink more water
• Try and be more active
groovygiirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:08 AM   #80
KitCat
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KitCat
Stats: 242/232/140 5'8"
WOE: lower carb, lower calories
Start Date: 11/01/16 this time-after a million failed attempts
01/01 - 232.4
01/02 - DNW
01/03 - 233.8
01/04 - 232.8
01/05 - 231.6

Dealing with a cold right now.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:13 PM   #81
pawleys14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 324/250/190
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: was 324 on Aug. 26, 2008 - have come a long way
01/01 - 252 3
01/02 - 249.3
01/03 - 249.3
01/05 - 249.9

Know why I went up ..yesterday after exercise I had to help friend move to a senior assisted living home...she had fallen a lot last year and is not well....so hard for her ..from a 3 bedroom, two bathroom home to a studio apartment sized place... so did not have time to eat lunch and did not eat until after 7pm...was so hungry and ate too many carbs

Today - 55 min on nustep and 1 hr w/a class.

Laurie - love boxers...glad you have a new fur-kid....I had a grand-fur boxer ..Isabela, but she died a few yeare ago..she was so sweet..now my son has a boxer/lab mix Raider, and she is also so sweet..

Teresa - sounds like you have a good plan

Judy - happy birthday

Shannon - yes, you can do it and be smaller in May and fit in an airplane seat....that was one of my goals this past Sept...such a good feeling to fit in the seat

Kit - Hope you feel better

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:22 PM   #82
TheBelly
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheBelly
Stats: 243.5/213.5/195
WOE: Low Carb and Common sense
Start Date: 5/2013 1st time. Encore 3/2016
To the Fox of Paris:

You are fun. You are Fabulous. You are Fabulous fun. Even if I am a bit late saying so. Hope it was a fun birthday.

Happy late Birthday Judy

Last edited by TheBelly; 01-05-2017 at 12:24 PM..
TheBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:41 PM   #83
TheBelly
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheBelly
Stats: 243.5/213.5/195
WOE: Low Carb and Common sense
Start Date: 5/2013 1st time. Encore 3/2016
Dec 16 2016 - 212.5
Dec 31 - 215
Jan 5 - ?

Just starting the tracker.

TheBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:56 PM   #84
spride
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spride
Stats: 327.6/232/200
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Jan 2016
January goals:
Maintain weight before Jan 16 (not go above 235) - T-Day morning weight 232.2
(this is a pre-planned hiatus in low-carb that started Thanksgiving day being maintained by every other day fasting)
(Why Jan 16? - I restarted low-carb Jan 16, 2016 )

Kickstart regular weight loss again Jan 16 - End month at 100+ pounds down 227.6 -

Jan 1 - a non-weight loss day
Jan 2 235.2 morning - fast D burgers, eggplant, hashbrown, broccoli, Dst - split tiramisu with DW
Jan 3 233.6 B eggplant w/ mozzarella S sausage stick D beef stew (with potatoes)
Jan 4 230.4 morning - fast

And the weight goes swing again. I've been bouncing back and forth (high 238.2 - low 228.8) over the last six weeks. Sure, I've been able to eat some food I've missed over the last year, but I'm not sure the headaches and insomnia that's accompanied the change in diet have been worth it. I'm pretty sure I've kicked into and out of ketosis at least a half dozen times.

Part of me is looking forward to the sanity of purity starting on the 16th

Judy - Happy Birthday!
Tami - I'm so familiar with the Christmas cookie conundrum. That and the Christmas chocolate corruption One thing I've been trying to teach the kids this year is slower consumption of sweets (so only one or two a night). It's been working really well and hopefully will serve them well down the road. The downside to this is it's lasting forever. I have excellent willpower, but we're talking about Guylian, Ferrer Rocher and Kirkland Belgian cookies!

Stay On Target

Ten years ago, i embarked on a low-carb lifestyle and once upon a time I was 305/215/199. Then DW had to go ahead and have our second child (ok, part of that was my fault) and so we had a two-year-old and a new born. Between the lack of sleep and the holidays, my diet exercise plan was torn to shreds. And bad habits returned. Once more into the breach my friends. Once more into the breach.
spride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:04 PM   #85
spride
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spride
Stats: 327.6/232/200
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Jan 2016
January goals:
(this is a pre-planned hiatus in low-carb that started Thanksgiving day being maintained by every other day fasting)

Kickstart regular weight loss again Jan 16 - End month at 100+ pounds down 227.6 -

1/1 - a non-weight loss day
1/2 235.2 morning - fast D burgers, eggplant, hashbrown, broccoli, Dst - split tiramisu with DW
1/3 233.6 B eggplant w/ mozzarella S sausage stick D beef stew (with potatoes)
1/4 230.4 morning - fast D salmon, broccoli
1/5 228.4 B cheesy eggs L tuna salad

I see my yesterday post didn't post when I hit submit.
Feels good to see a low number.
I am now officially down 99.2 pounds

Of course, I really want that third digit. But it's just a number (of course, I'm a math person, so I REALLY want that third digit). I told myself that on the 16th I'd assess where I was and look at my weight management from a health perspective. But I'm starting to think about it now.

What exactly is a healthy weight and what are my long-term goals?

But for now...
Wow

Stay On Target

Ten years ago, i embarked on a low-carb lifestyle and once upon a time I was 305/215/199. Then DW had to go ahead and have our second child (ok, part of that was my fault) and so we had a two-year-old and a new born. Between the lack of sleep and the holidays, my diet exercise plan was torn to shreds. And bad habits returned. Once more into the breach my friends. Once more into the breach.
spride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 05:27 PM   #86
LowCarbAng
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
01/01 276.0
01/02 275.0
01/03 272.8
01/04 269.8
01/05 267.4
Wow Laura! Your loss is awesome so far!
I'm so glad you have a pup again. Animals help life be more enjoyable.

Old 01-05-2017, 05:40 PM   #87
LowCarbAng
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathryninAR View Post
2016-Lost 31 lbs

1/3 271.2
1/4 269.0
1/5 265.8

Glad I'm coming out of this decade quickly...since I've already seen this one pass in November ...5.2 lbs in 2 days, I'll take it. I'm definitely working hard for it. Three small meals a day, less than 20 carbs, and cardio for an hour each night. Also drinking 100oz of water...that's probably my least favorite. I have to tinkle every single time I stand up..and I'm always cold.

Onward and downward...
Great job!
yes, I feel you with the water. I just can't get that much water in or I would be heading to the bathroom between every class and I think my coworkers would wonder when I was going to take my turn monitoring the halls.
But even though I don't drink that much I do still feel like I'm always peeing! Hate that part. and yes...the cold part is very real.
But doesn't your body seem to adjust? I always feel like after about a month I'm not peeing as much.

Old 01-05-2017, 05:50 PM   #88
LowCarbAng
Senior LCF Member

Jan 4- DNW, IF, taco salad, peanuts, salad, bunless burger w/onions,mushrooms,cheese
Jan 5- DNW, leftover omelet from Tues, jello, taco salad, hot tea w/cream and sweetener

Tummy ache today. I never get a tummy ache! It began soon after I arrived at school and lasted through about 3rd period. It began to get better and so I ate jello for lunch. After that it was gone. I have a iron stomach. A student told me that his stomach had been hurting for 2 days so I wonder if there is a little tummy virus going around.

Its cold around here. SW Texas isn't hardly ever cold. I don't even buy sweaters anymore. Tomorrow the temps will be below 40 for much of the day. That's VERY cold for us! I've been wearing flip flops and had to try my tennis shoes today (it was about 55 all day). It was okay but not as comfy on my post op foot as the flip flops. It will be below 50 all weekend. YUCK.

Question: Do you have to check ketosis with the pee strips in the morning or can you do it any time?

Kit-sorry about your cold. Colds suck.

Shannon- Disney is our goal for next Thanksgiving or Winter break. No kids...just us! This summer I want to get back to working at camp in PA.

Tammy- love your quote!

Old 01-05-2017, 09:07 PM   #89
tamigirl
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spride View Post
January goals:

1/1 - a non-weight loss day
1/2 235.2 morning - fast D burgers, eggplant, hashbrown, broccoli, Dst - split tiramisu with DW
1/3 233.6 B eggplant w/ mozzarella S sausage stick D beef stew (with potatoes)
1/4 230.4 morning - fast D salmon, broccoli
1/5 228.4 B cheesy eggs L tuna salad

I see my yesterday post didn't post when I hit submit.
Feels good to see a low number.
I am now officially down 99.2 pounds

Of course, I really want that third digit. But it's just a number (of course, I'm a math person, so I REALLY want that third digit). I told myself that on the 16th I'd assess where I was and look at my weight management from a health perspective. But I'm starting to think about it now.

What exactly is a healthy weight and what are my long-term goals?

But for now...
Wow

Stay On Target
100lbs. Wow that's fantastic!! You just birthed a small adult!! Lol That must feel great!! I am proud of you! KUTGW!!

Tami
Old 01-05-2017, 09:12 PM   #90
tamigirl
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbAng View Post

Jan 4- DNW, IF, taco salad, peanuts, salad, bunless burger w/onions,mushrooms,cheese
Jan 5- DNW, leftover omelet from Tues, jello, taco salad, hot tea w/cream and sweetener

Tummy ache today. I never get a tummy ache! It began soon after I arrived at school and lasted through about 3rd period. It began to get better and so I ate jello for lunch. After that it was gone. I have a iron stomach. A student told me that his stomach had been hurting for 2 days so I wonder if there is a little tummy virus going around.

Its cold around here. SW Texas isn't hardly ever cold. I don't even buy sweaters anymore. Tomorrow the temps will be below 40 for much of the day. That's VERY cold for us! I've been wearing flip flops and had to try my tennis shoes today (it was about 55 all day). It was okay but not as comfy on my post op foot as the flip flops. It will be below 50 all weekend. YUCK.

Question: Do you have to check ketosis with the pee strips in the morning or can you do it any time?

Kit-sorry about your cold. Colds suck.

Shannon- Disney is our goal for next Thanksgiving or Winter break. No kids...just us! This summer I want to get back to working at camp in PA.

Tammy- love your quote!
On the Keto strips...you can check it anytime. It'll probably be stronger in the morning due to having concentrated urine. Also I have read that the more water you drink the more diluted the ketones so if you drink a lot of water you might only show tract to small. That doesn't mean that you aren't in good ketosis. I had to get blood drawn at my Dr.'s office last year and I was only showing trace on the strips. When I got my results back she said I was showing large amounts of ketones in my system. She was impressed with that. She is big on the LC WOE.

Tami