Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2016, 09:49 AM   #1
Mick6
Senior LCF Member
 
Mick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 473
Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 228.8/204.9/140
WOE: gluten free/ low carb
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Anyone up for Summer of 2017 challenge?

Anyone up for a challenge that runs until summer 2017 and beyond? I'd love some buddies in this journey!!!

Rules:

~ Check in regularly for support and to cheer others!
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2016, 11:59 AM   #2
sweetpoison
Senior LCF Member
 
sweetpoison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: North Royalton, Ohio
Posts: 844
Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 238/238/160
WOE: 12 WEEK SPRING FEVER CHALLENGE
Start Date: 01/23/2017
So freaken ready....... I am fatter than fat and feeling like crap...... Will be kickin my new life off on the first day of 2017. I am 63 (pushing 64) and it all has to change or I will be dying much sooner than I should. Doc has given me 6 months.... now that is 5 to get my crap together or I will HAVE TO go on blood pressure meds. I should be on them now to be honest but he chose not to fight me and agree on.... make a change or else. I have been around here so long playing around with stupid..... it is time to get it together. For the past 20 years I have been fat more than thinner and really bad for the last 10 or 12.
Not even sure what I weight today..... Will update stats tomorrow. I am feeling so horrible I would love to just curl up and sleep until New years eve and New years day were over.
Here is to us.... WE CAN DO THIS..... WE HAVE TO DO THIS......
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 12:11 PM   #3
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 69
Gallery: FindingMe
I'm definitely up for it Mick6! I've managed to gain back almost everything that I've lost and I am tired of being the Queen of YOYO World. I really want to make changes that stick in 2017.

I am so with you SweetPoison. I have my share of health issues, too and this added weight is definitely making everything worse. I've postponed going in for a new checkup until I can make some good progress so I won't get fussed at.

Let's do this!
FindingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 12:21 PM   #4
Mick6
Senior LCF Member
 
Mick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 473
Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 228.8/204.9/140
WOE: gluten free/ low carb
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison View Post
So freaken ready....... I am fatter than fat and feeling like crap...... Will be kickin my new life off on the first day of 2017. I am 63 (pushing 64) and it all has to change or I will be dying much sooner than I should. Doc has given me 6 months.... now that is 5 to get my crap together or I will HAVE TO go on blood pressure meds. I should be on them now to be honest but he chose not to fight me and agree on.... make a change or else. I have been around here so long playing around with stupid..... it is time to get it together. For the past 20 years I have been fat more than thinner and really bad for the last 10 or 12.
Not even sure what I weight today..... Will update stats tomorrow. I am feeling so horrible I would love to just curl up and sleep until New years eve and New years day were over.
Here is to us.... WE CAN DO THIS..... WE HAVE TO DO THIS......
I'm so glad your ready to do this too. I've started and stopped more times than I can count. Im 46 and a bunch of people I know my age have been having heart attacks and strokes. I'm going holy crap I'm the fattest of these people and I dont want that! I cant wait to hear how awesome you do getting that blood pressure back down!! Here is to 2017 being a brand new start and a fabulous year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMe View Post
I'm definitely up for it Mick6! I've managed to gain back almost everything that I've lost and I am tired of being the Queen of YOYO World. I really want to make changes that stick in 2017.

I am so with you SweetPoison. I have my share of health issues, too and this added weight is definitely making everything worse. I've postponed going in for a new checkup until I can make some good progress so I won't get fussed at.

Let's do this!
LOL well we are the yoyo queens now but lets make a goal to change it! I've been on and off and regaining 10 years. Now it time to give that Dr something to cheer about instead of fuss! I'm excited you are ready to do this with us!! Go us!!!

Last edited by Mick6; 12-31-2016 at 12:24 PM..
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 12:23 PM   #5
Mick6
Senior LCF Member
 
Mick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 473
Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 228.8/204.9/140
WOE: gluten free/ low carb
Start Date: 01/01/2017
For the record ladies when I told my spouse I was doing this again and placing a financial wager on it he politely said I shouldnt as I have started and stopped numerous times. He said I'm sure youll do great if you stuck with it but I'd save the $145. Cant blame him!

I tend to be the great disappearing woman when I am doing badly. So my goal is to post daily regardless! I also started a journal.

Last edited by Mick6; 12-31-2016 at 12:29 PM..
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 04:46 PM   #6
maepowers
Major LCF Poster!
 
maepowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas Gal
Posts: 1,146
Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 288/249/145
WOE: LC, Egg Fast, M&E
Hi Everyone, Happy New Year indeed!

Hi Ladies,
All of us certainly can do this. No more queens of the Yo-Yo World, it's a democracy now, everyone rules out the yo-yoing, lol. You girls are strong enough to kick the old and stay in with the new. Looking forward to doing this with all of you. Have a great New Year and new you.
Mae
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 04:47 PM   #7
maepowers
Major LCF Poster!
 
maepowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas Gal
Posts: 1,146
Gallery: maepowers
Stats: 288/249/145
WOE: LC, Egg Fast, M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post
For the record ladies when I told my spouse I was doing this again and placing a financial wager on it he politely said I shouldnt as I have started and stopped numerous times. He said I'm sure youll do great if you stuck with it but I'd save the $145. Cant blame him!

I tend to be the great disappearing woman when I am doing badly. So my goal is to post daily regardless! I also started a journal.
You've got us, you can do this, you'll WIN!!
maepowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 01:58 AM   #8
Dimply
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 312
Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/219/125 31.75" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: 01/01/2017
I'm in!

Another yo-yo'er here. As a matter of fact, I wanted my user name on this site to be Human Yo-Yo but it was already taken.

mick6 - I disappear when I am doing badly also, and will also make an effort to post daily regardless. A journal sounds like a good idea - I will do the same. I think I started one a year or so ago, but will start a new one. What are you going to do with your winnings, because you will do it this time!!

sweetpoison, FindingMe, maepowers - Looking forward to getting to know you and reaching our goals together!
Dimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 06:25 AM   #9
Mick6
Senior LCF Member
 
Mick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 473
Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 228.8/204.9/140
WOE: gluten free/ low carb
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by maepowers View Post
Hi Ladies,
All of us certainly can do this. No more queens of the Yo-Yo World, it's a democracy now, everyone rules out the yo-yoing, lol. You girls are strong enough to kick the old and stay in with the new. Looking forward to doing this with all of you. Have a great New Year and new you.
Mae
Thanks for joining us!!! Yep so are so right we can do this!Bye bye yoyo! I'm glad your here to do this with us!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post
Another yo-yo'er here. As a matter of fact, I wanted my user name on this site to be Human Yo-Yo but it was already taken.

mick6 - I disappear when I am doing badly also, and will also make an effort to post daily regardless. A journal sounds like a good idea - I will do the same. I think I started one a year or so ago, but will start a new one. What are you going to do with your winnings, because you will do it this time!!

sweetpoison, FindingMe, maepowers - :r!
I'm glad your here with us!!! Why is it we disappear when we need the support the most? No more of that for us!!
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 06:41 AM   #10
Mick6
Senior LCF Member
 
Mick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 473
Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 228.8/204.9/140
WOE: gluten free/ low carb
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Good morning and Happy 2017!!! I hope you all are raring to go and make some awesome permanent changes this year! Go US!!!

I'm not exactly raring on 3.5 hours of sleep but I am ready!!! I'm drowning in water today as I feel like I'm getting a UTI. UGH! Thats good for low carb also so double reason to drink I guess. Flush away some of the weight from the holiday carbage I have eaten so much of! Mr Hottie has been instructed to get yesterdays chips out of the house. They are currently going in his mouth. Oh to be a 6 ft 4 wall of muscle with a metabolism to match!

Ive got my meals planned for today.

I cant tell you how pleased I am you ladies joined me in the challenge! Thank you!!!

Just picture yourself down a size or even a few sizes and feeling so much better this summer!!! Wouldn't it be so nice to not worry about if you look like a sausage in that T shirt, Tank top or how many rolls are actually showing? How much better are we going to feel lugging around less pounds? So much better! Who is ready for their Dr to say "good job!" instead of the look and the lecture?? I know I sure am!!!

Thanks for saying I can win my bet. I fully plan to. To hit the 6 month goal and be in the winning I have to lose 10 percent of my body weight. I plan to pass that right by!

So if we are done being yo yos we need a new name for ourselves! We will no longer be the yo yo queens!!!

Just out of curiosity what plan are you on? I'm doing low carb under 30 net with no gluten or soy.

Last edited by Mick6; 01-01-2017 at 06:46 AM..
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:03 AM   #11
Mick6
Senior LCF Member
 
Mick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 473
Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 228.8/204.9/140
WOE: gluten free/ low carb
Start Date: 01/01/2017
I hope you dont mind I sent you all but Findingme a friend request. Findingme I cant see it on your profile page to friend you. I'm wondering if it because you dont have enough posts yet. If your not comfy with it that is A OK also. I'm just set up to only share pics with friends on here. Long story

Last edited by Mick6; 01-01-2017 at 07:11 AM..
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:25 AM   #12
Dimply
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 312
Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/219/125 31.75" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Happy 2017!

I am operating on little sleep also. I think a nap is in my future!

I have updated my stats. Not pretty, but the numbers will only go lower, I hope. My first goal is to get to 225 so I will have 'only' 100 lbs. to lose, and also will have lost 10% of my start weight.

I am following Atkins 2002 with Intermittent Fasting. I usually have only coffee for breakfast then fast until dinner. It wasn't planned, but sort of happened in the last 6 months or so due to life in general, and I have lost weight because of it. My start weight would be much higher otherwise.

I am the most uncreative person on the planet so I will be of no help regarding a challenge name. All I can think of is No More Human Yo-Yo.

Mick6 - I accepted your friend request; I had no idea there was such a thing on LCF!
Dimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 08:33 AM   #13
Mick6
Senior LCF Member
 
Mick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 473
Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 228.8/204.9/140
WOE: gluten free/ low carb
Start Date: 01/01/2017


I saw this quote and need to remember it.That and I cant keep changing my plan just to suit my whims.



Sounds like you have a great plan Dimply!! Congrats on what you have already lost!!! Your right the numbers will only go lower! I admit I wanted to subtract 20 lbs cuz I dont want to see my real numbers! I keep saying this is the last time I will see that number!!!

Last edited by Mick6; 01-01-2017 at 08:37 AM..
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 11:52 AM   #14
Janilyn
Senior LCF Member
 
Janilyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Indiana
Posts: 275
Gallery: Janilyn
Stats: 157/141.9/138
Start Date: September 20, 2016
I am in!
Janilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 01:50 PM   #15
Mick6
Senior LCF Member
 
Mick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 473
Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 228.8/204.9/140
WOE: gluten free/ low carb
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janilyn View Post
I am in!
GLAD to have you join us!!!!


So did everyone get a weigh in today so you know where your never going to be again?
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 03:01 PM   #16
DrunkenSailor
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 270
Gallery: DrunkenSailor
I'm in!

I need some medium term accountability and six months is perfect. Right now I'm fighting some wintertime/circumstantial depression and am setting very small daily goals for just the next week or so. This week it's am and pm supplements and am stretching. And for January, no alcohol and no (or almost no) sugar.

Beyond that, who knows. I make too many or too big goals and don't keep them, but if they are too small, it seems pointless and I eventually don't keep those either. So short term it is for now, but with some accountability to follow through and add and/or revise along the way.
DrunkenSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 03:41 PM   #17
Mick6
Senior LCF Member
 
Mick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 473
Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 228.8/204.9/140
WOE: gluten free/ low carb
Start Date: 01/01/2017
DRUNKENSAILOR glad to have you join us!!! Small goals and gradually building up sounds like a great idea. We are here for the support you need!


I did pretty good eating today. Not exactly as I planned yesterday but good.

B~ 1/2 of the patty from my burger leftover from Texas Roadhouse from yesterday

L~ 4 sausage links and 3 eggs

S~ a huge and I do mean huge chunk of colby jack cheese

D~ a philly cheese steak type skillet with coconut flat bread

S~ if I'm hungry again it will be pecans with cottage cheese and berries
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 05:06 PM   #18
CannieScot
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 20
Gallery: CannieScot
Stats: 180/180/155
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: November 2016
I'm in too.....just recently joined this site and so enjoying reading all the posts.....I have been clean eating for about 2 years but just discovered Ketogenic Diet a few months ago.....love this way of eating and find it so easy to stick with....

Over the festive season I did fall off the wagon for a few days .......but I guess it's due to being back in Scotland and all the delicious childhood candy/cookies that I cannot get back in the USA! Although after pigging out for two days straight I was really paying the price.

Anyway....I will be returning in four weeks......until then, I am back on the LCHF .......
I feel so much better ..... and no more 'naughty' choices...
CannieScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:56 PM   #19
sweetpoison
Senior LCF Member
 
sweetpoison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: North Royalton, Ohio
Posts: 844
Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 238/238/160
WOE: 12 WEEK SPRING FEVER CHALLENGE
Start Date: 01/23/2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post
I tend to be the great disappearing woman when I am doing badly. So my goal is to post daily regardless! I also started a journal.
Yep.... that has been me also......not this time.
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 08:04 PM   #20
sweetpoison
Senior LCF Member
 
sweetpoison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: North Royalton, Ohio
Posts: 844
Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 238/238/160
WOE: 12 WEEK SPRING FEVER CHALLENGE
Start Date: 01/23/2017
Well..... weighed in and changed my stats today....... did pretty good for the day...... hard... very hard since I have been one big sugar ball for a couple weeks.... ladies... you have no idea what I can do to me...... even knowing how bad I will feel physically..... I would still do it.... now that is addiction.
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 08:48 PM   #21
Dimply
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 312
Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/219/125 31.75" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Janilyn, CannieScot, Drunken Sailor ( at your user name) Glad you all are here, and we will be successful together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison View Post
ladies... you have no idea what I can do to me...... even knowing how bad I will feel physically..... I would still do it.... now that is addiction.
Believe me, I can relate, and I am sure I am not the only one. We are all in this together.

CannieScot - I can relate to wanting childhood treats when in your hometown. I live in TX too, but am originally from LA, and when I go visit I want to eat up everything I can that is not available even just one state over (mostly from local places). King cake season will be starting this week, and even though they are available here, they are nothing like at home. Enjoy the rest of your visit!

Not too bad of a day today. I knew I would not be perfect because of the traditional New Years meal of black eyed peas, and finishing off the champagne.

B - coffee w/cream & sugar free Torani syrup
L/D - grilled ribeye, black eyed peas, cole slaw
32 oz water, glass of champagne, can of diet 7up
Need to improve water

Have a great night & will talk to you tomorrow!
Dimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:06 AM   #22
Mick6
Senior LCF Member
 
Mick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 473
Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 228.8/204.9/140
WOE: gluten free/ low carb
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Good Morning!

Good morning everyone! Welcome to the second day of the year we finally get and keep this weight thing under control!!!

I knew I was holding water and wooshed off some of it. Weeks of living on garbage have a way of adding to the problem big time. More way than weight but thats another story.

I'm not going to lie. I struggled yesterday seeing Mr Hottie polishing off some of whats left of his candy! They took family pics at Christmas and I need to look and them and remember thats what I'll stay if I dont change. Everyone is tall in that side of the family but me. There may be a few close to my weight but being a foot taller makes a huge difference. I also recently got tagged in a photo from last summer. Its from the back. I was wearing and outfit that I thought made me look pretty and shapely. Lets just say that pic from the back was a big slap into reality. Thank heavens I can change this reality!!

There has been a big rash of my old school chums having strokes and heart attacks. In fact Im visiting the hospital today. I sure dont want that crap in my future when we are all still a few years from 50! Good thing health gets better generally with weight loss!


Quote:
Originally Posted by CannieScot View Post
I'm in too.....just recently joined this site and so enjoying reading all the posts.....I have been clean eating for about 2 years but just discovered Ketogenic Diet a few months ago.....love this way of eating and find it so easy to stick with....

Over the festive season I did fall off the wagon for a few days .......but I guess it's due to being back in Scotland and all the delicious childhood candy/cookies that I cannot get back in the USA! Although after pigging out for two days straight I was really paying the price.

Anyway....I will be returning in four weeks......until then, I am back on the LCHF .......
I feel so much better ..... and no more 'naughty' choices...
Its great to have you join us!!! I totally get wanting those childhood treats you cant get at home. Thats fabulous you are finding keto so easy to stick with!! I think it is absolutely awesome you get to visit Scottland regularly. It sure looks beautiful! I love to travel and its on my wish list. If its not to nosy what brought you to the US? I'd imagine in must be really neat to have suuch great knowledge of two countries and their customs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison View Post
Yep.... that has been me also......not this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison View Post
Well..... weighed in and changed my stats today....... did pretty good for the day...... hard... very hard since I have been one big sugar ball for a couple weeks.... ladies... you have no idea what I can do to me...... even knowing how bad I will feel physically..... I would still do it.... now that is addiction.
Woo hoo your right not this time! Congrats on a day under the belt!!! It seems for me day 4 thru 6 or horrendous. It is an addiction. It seems many of of try to eat like a so called normal person and end up being anything but normal. I was reading about brain scans of people on wheat and sugar. In many it lit up the same areas as heroin. All one can do is take it day by day I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post
Janilyn, CannieScot, Drunken Sailor ( at your user name) Glad you all are here, and we will be successful together!


Believe me, I can relate, and I am sure I am not the only one. We are all in this together.

CannieScot - I can relate to wanting childhood treats when in your hometown. I live in TX too, but am originally from LA, and when I go visit I want to eat up everything I can that is not available even just one state over (mostly from local places). King cake season will be starting this week, and even though they are available here, they are nothing like at home. Enjoy the rest of your visit!

Not too bad of a day today. I knew I would not be perfect because of the traditional New Years meal of black eyed peas, and finishing off the champagne.

B - coffee w/cream & sugar free Torani syrup
L/D - grilled ribeye, black eyed peas, cole slaw
32 oz water, glass of champagne, can of diet 7up
Need to improve water

Have a great night & will talk to you tomorrow!
Great job on starting the new year fabulously!!! I've never heard of King cake and I better not google MMMM ribeye sounds fabulous!!!
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:36 AM   #23
Dimply
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 312
Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/219/125 31.75" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Good Morning!

Bad thunderstorm here. It was so dark that our outdoor Christmas lights, which are on a sensor, did not turn off until almost 10:00. Glad it is a holiday today!

Mick6 - Sorry about your friends. Hope everyone recovers quickly. Both DH & I were shocked when George Michael died last week. Not only are we fans of his music, and I had quite a crush on him back in the day, but he was so young; only 53. And Carrie Fisher - DH was 10 when the first Star Wars came out and he has been a huge fan for almost 40 years. Her death hit him hard, and 60 is way too young.
DH loves to grill, so I have a ribeye just about every Sunday. He prefers tenderloin, but for me - bring on the fat! I do not think I will have the water whoosh since I have been eating semi-well since summer.
Do not google king cake!!!
Dimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:39 PM   #24
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 69
Gallery: FindingMe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post
I hope you dont mind I sent you all but Findingme a friend request. Findingme I cant see it on your profile page to friend you. I'm wondering if it because you dont have enough posts yet. If your not comfy with it that is A OK also. I'm just set up to only share pics with friends on here. Long story
It might be because I had my Friends option set to Friends Only. I changed the Friends one to "Registered Users" so it might work now? I can see the "Befriend" option on other profiles, but not yours. Let me know if that doesn't work. I know that I am restricted on getting a sig until I hit 25 posts (and I'm not sure if this site allows PMs), but I don't have that option yet either.
FindingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 01:25 PM   #25
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 69
Gallery: FindingMe
We are having horrible weather here, too and under a Tornado warning so I best make this quick. After 10 inches of rain in 36 hours and more coming, I may be boating out of here tomorrow.

Welcome everyone! Lots of us are going to make great changes this year!!!

You are doing great Mick6 and SweetPoison! I, too, have that disappearing personality when things go wrong. Probably why I've been here so long with such few posts. Accountability will keep us on the right road this time!

I'm not doing a specific plan. I generally stay around 20 carbs when I get my veggies in and try to avoid added sugar and processed stuff. That is what I usually shoot for when I'm behaving. I also have to log my calories and weigh everything, just to stay on top of it all because my metabolism is wicked slow after that initial restart water loss. And I love EVOO and cheese too much; not to mention an overall portion control allergy.

I had practically no carbs yesterday because I skipped my veggies. Bad girl! I was determined to get the fridge cleaned out and had an abundance of left over chicken wings from New Year's Eve that I refused to throw out. Luckily, I finished those off for lunch today. No need to say that I DID NOT log calories ysd or today, but I feel so much better already just having almost 48 hours without bad carbs and sugar! Back to strict logging tomorrow!!!

Have a great evening!

Last edited by FindingMe; 01-02-2017 at 01:32 PM..
FindingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 04:23 PM   #26
Mick6
Senior LCF Member
 
Mick6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 473
Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 228.8/204.9/140
WOE: gluten free/ low carb
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post
Bad thunderstorm here. It was so dark that our outdoor Christmas lights, which are on a sensor, did not turn off until almost 10:00. Glad it is a holiday today!

Mick6 - Sorry about your friends. Hope everyone recovers quickly. Both DH & I were shocked when George Michael died last week. Not only are we fans of his music, and I had quite a crush on him back in the day, but he was so young; only 53. And Carrie Fisher - DH was 10 when the first Star Wars came out and he has been a huge fan for almost 40 years. Her death hit him hard, and 60 is way too young.
DH loves to grill, so I have a ribeye just about every Sunday. He prefers tenderloin, but for me - bring on the fat! I do not think I will have the water whoosh since I have been eating semi-well since summer.
Do not google king cake!!!
I hope you made it through the storms unscathed!!!

I think a lot of us had crush on George Micheal as youngsters. Same with the boys and Carrie Fisher. It is very sad that people are taken so soon. I have no clue what is up with the rash of these things in my friends. Only one was even heavy.

My dh just froze earlier grilling I'm with you. Bring on the fat. I've been known to dip my steak in garlic butter also. That is fab you have been eating well since summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMe View Post
It might be because I had my Friends option set to Friends Only. I changed the Friends one to "Registered Users" so it might work now? I can see the "Befriend" option on other profiles, but not yours. Let me know if that doesn't work. I know that I am restricted on getting a sig until I hit 25 posts (and I'm not sure if this site allows PMs), but I don't have that option yet either.
Oh gee I had mine set to friends only also. Hence it not showing. I think I've got my profile pic on the site now and info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMe View Post
We are having horrible weather here, too and under a Tornado warning so I best make this quick. After 10 inches of rain in 36 hours and more coming, I may be boating out of here tomorrow.

Welcome everyone! Lots of us are going to make great changes this year!!!

You are doing great Mick6 and SweetPoison! I, too, have that disappearing personality when things go wrong. Probably why I've been here so long with such few posts. Accountability will keep us on the right road this time!

I'm not doing a specific plan. I generally stay around 20 carbs when I get my veggies in and try to avoid added sugar and processed stuff. That is what I usually shoot for when I'm behaving. I also have to log my calories and weigh everything, just to stay on top of it all because my metabolism is wicked slow after that initial restart water loss. And I love EVOO and cheese too much; not to mention an overall portion control allergy.

I had practically no carbs yesterday because I skipped my veggies. Bad girl! I was determined to get the fridge cleaned out and had an abundance of left over chicken wings from New Year's Eve that I refused to throw out. Luckily, I finished those off for lunch today. No need to say that I DID NOT log calories ysd or today, but I feel so much better already just having almost 48 hours without bad carbs and sugar! Back to strict logging tomorrow!!!

Have a great evening!
Oh my gosh that is a lot of rain! I hope you made it through the storm ok .I hope you live in one of the states without tons of basements. Be safe!

I had to laugh out loud at portion control allergy! I seem to have that one also. Sounds like you have a great plan! Im very glad you are feeling better after 48 hours. I seem to go bonkers on day 4 so I will eat like a pig if I have to. Anything to get through it.

Well so far I seem to be making it. Day 2 almost under the belt. I had a good dinner but seem to still be hungry though I swore I was full 20 minutes ago. I'll be going for pure fat.

Back to work for me tomorrow so I will get my steps in.

Todays eats:

B~ 2 eggs
3 sausage
1 coconut flat bread
whole green pepper

L~ leftover Philly cheese steak skillet
cottage cheese with 4 berries and a few pecans

D~ steak dipped in garlic butter
salad with cucumber, cheese, romaine and and primal kitchen
Greek vinaigrette.

That Greek Vinaigrette sure was not my favorite no matter how good its supposed to be for you! What a waste of $.

S~ will be cream cheese with coconut syrup mixed in rolled in cocoa powder.

Last edited by Mick6; 01-02-2017 at 04:30 PM..
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:08 PM   #27
CannieScot
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 20
Gallery: CannieScot
Stats: 180/180/155
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: November 2016
Hi MickC........I arrived in the US in June 1988 for a one year adventure working as a Nanny in Minneapolis....well who know I was going to meet and marry and put down roots........lived in Mpls for 8 years before heading south in search of warmer weather!

I am so lucky to have a large, close family and make a concentrated effort to visit regularly, especially now that the kiddos are all grown and with being divorced I can come visit whenever suits me.......this visit has been for 6 months due to my little sister being diagnosed with breast cancer and I needed to be here to help her and my Mum and brothers .........

Been doing quite a bit of travel..... every couple of months I spend 4 days in a European city.....Paris, Milan, London and just made reservations for Barcelona! It does make staying on LCHF a little challenging though.....the worst culprit is my Mum who does not understand.....she constantly buys starchy cookies/cakes/candy! I did so well until New Year's Eve.....don't know what the heck happened....the last two days I cannot stop eating all this unhealthy food.....tomorrow am I am back on track ....I have found the key for me is really making sure I use plenty of healthy fat....that way I feel really full.......my one weakness is cream which I needed to limit how much I consume.
CannieScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 07:56 PM   #28
sweetpoison
Senior LCF Member
 
sweetpoison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: North Royalton, Ohio
Posts: 844
Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 238/238/160
WOE: 12 WEEK SPRING FEVER CHALLENGE
Start Date: 01/23/2017
I didn't get a friend request
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:13 PM   #29
Lets_do_this!
Senior LCF Member
 
Lets_do_this!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 274
Gallery: Lets_do_this!
Stats: 5'7"...164/146.6/135
WOE: Atkins..LC...lchf
Start Date: LC since 01/15, lchf 5/16, lchf restart 11/16
Great idea to keep me accountable! Count me in!

I have a formal event to attend this May so this is just what I need to keep me on track.

1/2: 147.2 lbs

today's meal:
B: fasted
L: 1/2 zucchini zoodles, grassfed butter, fresh garlic, shrimp, coffee w/4 tbsp hwc & stevia drops
D: 1 whole avocado, water

exercise: 4 miles on treadmill

Ultimate goal: 135lbs
__________________
~ Veronica


Determination
\di-,ter-me-na-shen\
a: a fixed purpose, the power and will to persist, resolve, to have the drive, to have the grit, to go the distance, to be hell-bent on reaching a goal no matter what it takes.
Lets_do_this! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:06 PM   #30
Dimply
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 312
Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/219/125 31.75" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Hi everyone!

I guess the holidays are officially over tomorrow. My birthday is the 11th, so my family jokes that the holidays are not really over until the 12th Regardless, they seemed to fly by this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMe View Post
I know that I am restricted on getting a sig until I hit 25 posts (and I'm not sure if this site allows PMs), but I don't have that option yet either.
This site has PMs but I guess there is a post requirement. Not sure what that is, so I guess you will have to be sure to post a lot to get there
Hope the weather is getting better for you. We had 2 major floods in less than a year here last spring/summer; it's scary!
at portion control allergy. I am usually ok when low carbing, but when I'm not, the amount of food I can put away is truly terrifying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post
Oh gee I had mine set to friends only also. Hence it not showing. I think I've got my profile pic on the site now and info.
I can see your gorgeous self!
Ken's Greek Vinaigrette is really good.

CannieScot - Being able to travel like that sounds wonderful! Hope everything works out well for you sister.

Lets_do_this! I think 12 lbs in 4 months is more than doable. Is that you in your profile pic? Pretty!

B - coffee w/cream & Torani s/f syrup
L - none
D - cole slaw, ham slices dipped in mayo & mustard
64 oz water (getting better!), 1 can of Tab
Dimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:14 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.