Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-09-2017, 01:52 PM   #91
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FindingMe
Stats: 287/221/177
WOE: IF/LC
Hiyas! This is going to be a 2-part-er...

Welcome back SweetPoison! I’m sure you’ll get your mojo back now and good for you maintaining!

MrsVardy – Great job on the 6.8 pounds! That is fantastic!!! Your willpower rocked with all those temptations! I bow!

Dimply – I enjoyed reading your menu today. I don’t know why the ribeye and hot dog for dinner made me giggle. Such an odd combo, I guess. You aren’t pregnant, are you?

Thanks for the pizza soup recipe! I like all of the ingredients except bell pepper and I don’t have a crockpot, but I think I could still make it work.

WalM also sells the Torani SFs. I noticed that they had expanded their selection from just Vanilla and Caramel to several other interesting flavors. I did pick up some tea, but haven’t made it yet. I just don’t think I’ll get it anywhere near the taste what Stbx makes, but I do have Stevia if I need it, to get by. Probably won’t miss the hot drinks as much in a day or two as we are back up from those unusual teen wind chills of the last 3 days to high 70s. Sorry to you and Mick, but I’m bummed about this turn of events. LOL

Speaking of WalM, I was in there looking for other things and was shocked to see that they had coconut flour. I had pretty much given up on that coconut bread recipe since I couldn’t find it local so that was a nice surprise after what all I went through to find the Fat Head dough ingredients. More on that later.

Last edited by FindingMe; 01-09-2017 at 01:54 PM..
FindingMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2017, 02:21 PM   #92
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Where was I? Oh, the Fat Head dough ingredients. Finding whole milk mozzarella in this town was like a needle in a haystack. I finally found it at one of the most expensive grocers. And I had verified (online) that my Sam's did still carry the almond flour (in store - but not the coconut flour) so off I went and it is not near by. Anyway, I get in there and it was not where I had remembered seeing it before. They had replaced it with some kind of gluten-free flour. So after much hunting, I was referred to a not-nice-lady who supposedly knew where everything was and the short version is she wasn't any help at all. I looked by myself one last time and when I went by the gluten free bin, something caught my eye. A different colored bag buried amongst the pile of others. It was ONE bag of almond flour. I was absolutely thrilled. Supposedly there is 300 bags in the store somewhere. Nobody knows where though. MEH. Three pounds should last a minute.

So, I made the dough and it turned out well. I loved smelling it cook. Hopefully, I won't gain weight from eating it like the wraps. At least I know what is being put in it and there isn't all that processed junk pretending to be something good. I had skipped breakfast and wanted something fast so I made a sandwich out of 1/4 of it with my albacore salad. It was yummy! I'm so excited to have something to break up my boring routine of the same ole same ole. I just have to keep an eye on the cals. I may be bad and skip all the veggies today and actually make the pizza tonight.

Okey doke. That is my rambling for the day. I'm doing great on the fighting fat front. I kept my calories mid range yesterday, my carbs still around 20, only water to drink and got in over 11,000 steps. I still feel bloated, but keeping an eye on my calorie deficits so I won't be disappointed in my future weigh in numbers.

Y'ALL ROCK!!!

Last edited by FindingMe; 01-09-2017 at 02:36 PM..
Old 01-09-2017, 03:52 PM   #93
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 228.8/197/140 (2017) 239 (2016)
WOE: low carb/ allergy free
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Howdy!!!! Busy day here! Work, sick friend, trying to get some stuff organized for a group event this summer. I'm supposed to do an online class tonight. Ha ha!

I spiked my carbs up a little bit last night on purpose. Still all healthy low carb

Lets see todays eats so far:

BP coffee

can of tuna with half an avocado, mayo and a bunch of pickles

2 large burgers with mayo and sf ketchup..... cucumbers

I'm still feeling munchy so I'll probably do a bunch of cheese chips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison View Post
Sorry for the missing in action.... have had a hard time getting my act together. Back to work today so that should help. Just feel like crap. Mick6...thank you for the private message, nice to see someone missed me. Weight is still: 238.... which... could be worse.

Have a nice day all.
Welcome back! It was my pleasure Hope you had a great first day back to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsVardy View Post
Good morning everyone. I am down 6.8 pounds this week so that is exciting - I'm sure it is mostly water weight since it was my first week - but I will take it. I think I did really well just surviving on plan last week - especially since on Monday and Tuesday there were Sees Chocolate Candies and a Cookie Cake in the breakroom, and then our work had an icecream sunday bar on Thursday, and then I went to a pot luck on Sunday which was filled with a ton of cakes, cupcakes, chips and dips - but I made it - I brough meat and cheese roll-ups which you can only eat so much of, next month I will make a much better meal - since that is lunch.

Mick........228.8........223.6...........202
MrsVardy..269.6........262.8..........230
Dimply.....251...........247.5..........220
FindingMe..257.........253..............217
MichelleHu..251........248..............200
DrSailor.....190.........190.6.............175

I hope everyone has an amazing week.
Congratulations!!! What a fabulous first week! Congrats on staying strong! You really rocked it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMe View Post
Hiyas! This is going to be a 2-part-er...

Probably wonít miss the hot drinks as much in a day or two as we are back up from those unusual teen wind chills of the last 3 days to high 70s. Sorry to you and Mick, but Iím bummed about this turn of events. LOL

Okey doke. That is my rambling for the day. I'm doing great on the fighting fat front. I kept my calories mid range yesterday, my carbs still around 20, only water to drink and got in over 11,000 steps. I still feel bloated, but keeping an eye on my calorie deficits so I won't be disappointed in my future weigh in numbers.

Y'ALL ROCK!!!
Just call me jealous of the warm up We hit 26 so thats way better than the negatives!

I'm glad you found all the cooking goodies! How do they lose 300 bags. I mean the stores big but ..... ahhhh...

Great job on all the steps and water! You know you rock too! I love that your just so positive

I've not had any problems eating the fathead thank heavens. Its so versatile and like you say all real ingredients.
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:04 PM   #94
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/191/125 54.25" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Quote:
Dimply Ė I enjoyed reading your menu today. I donít know why the ribeye and hot dog for dinner made me giggle. Such an odd combo, I guess. You arenít pregnant, are you?
Bite yo' tongue Actually DH BBQs pretty much every Sunday and he loves BBQ hot dogs so he always throws a few on the grill with the steaks. It does sound like an odd combo!
We are warming up too - 70s till the end of the week. YAY!
To paraphrase Dolly Parton in "Steel Magnolias", I would rather walk on my lips than go to Wal-Mart, but I am glad they are expanding their Torani s/f selection. I think they make a chai flavor which might go well with tea. Do you like different kinds of tea? I am boring and stick to Twining's breakfast blend when I do drink tea.
The beauty of pizza soup is that you can add/eliminate ingredients to your taste, and no bell pepper will lower the carb count.

Mick - Is upping your carbs an experiment?

Monday:
B - coffee w/cream & Torani's s/f syrup
D - pizza soup
Dimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:22 AM   #95
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/220/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
MichelleHu..251........247.............200
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:23 AM   #96
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone!

Congrats on losing another pound Michelle
Old 01-10-2017, 10:43 AM   #97
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Way to go Michelle!

Mick – You are such a busy and nice person! I hope everyone appreciates all that you do for them!

I wonder if the Fat Head dough was slightly over cooked or cooked to crispy if it might make a good chip substitute? I would probably eat anything that I could use to dip stuff.

I’m stoked to try the coconut bread this weekend. Do you use any kind of parchment paper or does the coconut oil eliminate the sticking?

Dimply - I hope your birthday tomorrow goes just the way you want it!!!

Tongue firmly bitten! I love to grill outside. I miss it since I got rid of all my husbands. I used to eat wieners right out of the package as a child so no judgment here.

I'm pretty boring in the Tea Dept. I’ve only really tried the basic Lipton and the green tea other than the Stbx brand. I found out last night having to stay up late for football that I can finally actually drink it with nothing added. And I almost- sorta- not really didn’t miss the alcohol that goes with spectator sports, too. It was a nice change from just water after 9 days though. If my taste buds are really changing, I guess I need to retry all those childhood veggies that my parents made me eat that I refused to eat again when I moved out.

That Dolly Parton is a hoot isn't she. I hear you about Walmart but I guess it is the accountant in me that wants to squeeze every dollar til it screams. Most other grocers locally are so much more expensive on most items that I buy. We have to pay 10% tax on everything, even food, too. So I try to save the other stores for the special items or when they have sales that Walmart svgs catcher app wouldn't match. Now nonfood items are a whole nother animal. I’m a tech snob for sure.

Yesterday’s Report: Although I skipped my usual veggie allotment I am proud that I kept portion control. Something completely foreign to me and my biggest hurdle in my ongoing obesity fight. I did end up lower than my goal range of calories (1090) and carbs were only around 12 without the added veggies, but since I skipped breakfast and didn’t binge eat after missing a meal, I’m letting it go. Believe me, I could have eaten all 6 servings of the FatHead in one sitting right out of the oven with nothing added to it after eating mostly lean chicken and salads for so long. I got in 11,394 steps. My deficit total for this week’s weigh in is looking to be a healthy/non whoosh-y number and I’m good with that. I did grab some weights today, too. I am starting slow and only using 10 pound dumbbells because I have so many health issues and I’m always pulling a muscle. It’s a start…

Have a great evening!

Last edited by FindingMe; 01-10-2017 at 10:51 AM..
Old 01-10-2017, 01:56 PM   #98
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Aww shucks, thank you! I love being back at LCF. So glad I joined this group!
Old 01-10-2017, 06:01 PM   #99
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Howdy!!!! I hope ya'll had a great day! Wow did we get the now. Dh just went to snow blow a spot at the youngest apartment parking lot and the entrance to the lot for him to get in. They havent plowed the streets and the property manager told him they would plow tomorrow afternoon.They kind of suck telling the bazillion college kids there to park in town and walk the half mile by text.Downtown isnt plowed either so no go. He didnt even try to get in. Everyone that tried was stuck. I have a feeling my dh wont be the only dad over there helping!

I passed my test at work. Now to hope I never actually have to step in to do the head ladys job!

Eat~

PB coffee

taco meat, nacho cheese, celery

a monster steak and a bunch of creamed cucumbers

pecans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post
Bite yo' tongue Actually DH BBQs pretty much every Sunday and he loves BBQ hot dogs so he always throws a few on the grill with the steaks. It does sound like an odd combo!
We are warming up too - 70s till the end of the week. YAY!
To paraphrase Dolly Parton in "Steel Magnolias", I would rather walk on my lips than go to Wal-Mart, but I am glad they are expanding their Torani s/f selection. I think they make a chai flavor which might go well with tea. Do you like different kinds of tea? I am boring and stick to Twining's breakfast blend when I do drink tea.
The beauty of pizza soup is that you can add/eliminate ingredients to your taste, and no bell pepper will lower the carb count.

Mick - Is upping your carbs an experiment?

Monday:
B - coffee w/cream & Torani's s/f syrup
D - pizza soup
I'm not sure if I'll make it in the morning so

LOL I just spit my tea out with that quote about Walmart!!! ha ha ha!!!

I think all tea is fab besides green. I know its good for you but the aftertaste does me in.

Nope not an experiement with upping the carbs. I just seem to have better luck having a day where the spike up a tad. I tend to start feeling kind of awful when I'm really low carb. Honestly the best luck I ever had losing fabulously was spiking them up with a treat every week same day. I dont know if its physical or psychological but if it works I'm good.

My dh grills most weekends year round too. Oh your weather makes me swoon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Congrats Michelle!!!

Quote:
Way to go Michelle!

Mick Ė You are such a busy and nice person! I hope everyone appreciates all that you do for them!

I wonder if the Fat Head dough was slightly over cooked or cooked to crispy if it might make a good chip substitute? I would probably eat anything that I could use to dip stuff.

Iím stoked to try the coconut bread this weekend. Do you use any kind of parchment paper or does the coconut oil eliminate the sticking?

I'm pretty boring in the Tea Dept. Iíve only really tried the basic Lipton and the green tea other than the Stbx brand. I found out last night having to stay up late for football that I can finally actually drink it with nothing added. And I almost- sorta- not really didnít miss the alcohol that goes with spectator sports, too. It was a nice change from just water after 9 days though. If my taste buds are really changing, I guess I need to retry all those childhood veggies that my parents made me eat that I refused to eat again when I moved out.

That Dolly Parton is a hoot isn't she. I hear you about Walmart but I guess it is the accountant in me that wants to squeeze every dollar til it screams. Most other grocers locally are so much more expensive on most items that I buy. We have to pay 10% tax on everything, even food, too. So I try to save the other stores for the special items or when they have sales that Walmart svgs catcher app wouldn't match. Now nonfood items are a whole nother animal. Iím a tech snob for sure.

Yesterdayís Report: Although I skipped my usual veggie allotment I am proud that I kept portion control. Something completely foreign to me and my biggest hurdle in my ongoing obesity fight. I did end up lower than my goal range of calories (1090) and carbs were only around 12 without the added veggies, but since I skipped breakfast and didnít binge eat after missing a meal, Iím letting it go. Believe me, I could have eaten all 6 servings of the FatHead in one sitting right out of the oven with nothing added to it after eating mostly lean chicken and salads for so long. I got in 11,394 steps. My deficit total for this weekís weigh in is looking to be a healthy/non whoosh-y number and Iím good with that. I did grab some weights today, too. I am starting slow and only using 10 pound dumbbells because I have so many health issues and Iím always pulling a muscle. Itís a startÖ

Have a great evening!
Awww thats nice of you to say!

I bet you could do the fathead dough.Let us know if you try it. Have you ever tried making cheese chips? As far as any baking I use parchment paper. I'm a lazy lady

You should try all those veggies. I love a lot I hated as a kid. You just might find a new favorite!

Its sounds like you are doing absolutely fabulous!!!

I'm not an accountant but I am a tightwad

Quote:
And we are super glad you joined us!!!
Old 01-11-2017, 04:09 AM   #100
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!!!!

Mick........228.8........222.9...........202
Old 01-11-2017, 06:38 AM   #101
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Thanks FindingMe & Mick! Not going to go out tonight, it's always a pain on a work night anyway. DH offered to pick up food &/or dessert, but I am trying to be strong. There is a bakery here that has a cake called <Dimply's real name> birthday cake, named for the owner's DD whose name is also Dimply. So, so good, and I always have a piece for my birthday <sigh> He is going to grill non-pregnancy craving steaks & hot dogs so at least I won't have to cook. He's still trying to convince me to go out to dinner this weekend, and we usually go to a steakhouse for birthday/anniversary celebrations so I can keep on plan, but I know me, and when they ask if we are celebrating a special occasion, I will be too tempted to say yes for the free dessert. And if I am strong and say no I will feel deprived. First world problems, I know.

I am a tightwad too! At least there is no tax on food here.

FindingMe - I used to eat hot dogs cold out of the package too! Dipped in mustard
My parents were not big veggie eaters so I did not grow up eating them, except for lettuce & tomatoes in salad. They're still pretty much the only ones I eat on a regular basis, unless I make a recipe that includes others. The only ones strictly off my list are broccoli and cauliflower
That was an exciting game. I popped in & out as DH was watching, but what I saw was good. As an LSU fan I am obligated to always root against Alabama, so I was glad that Clemson pulled out the win.

Quote:
We're glad you did too!

Mick - That snow sounds awful! Can't believe the city isn't plowing. I'm sure we will be swooning over your weather in the summer! Even though I prefer warm to cold, 100 degrees with 95% humidity for a month is no fun!
Is that your cute pup?
Is your once a week treat low carb? (still trying to justify cake tonight..lol)
Congrats on passing your test and on your loss!

Have a great day!
Old 01-11-2017, 12:36 PM   #102
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Mick – Congrats on passing your test! Way to go on the new loss! You are moving on down. Yay!
I know lots of people that have had good luck on the slow carb where they eat what they want once a week in moderation. You have to do what works for you. Thanks, about the parchment for the coconut bread. I’m not much of a baker so I usually just follow instructions.

Dimply/Birthday Girl – You are being very thoughtful about your birthday especially with a beloved Cake Name. I know how tough it is because I mainly crave cake around my birthday. Whatever you decide, as you know, moderation is key and I’ve heard some people can actually get a jump start from eating off plan for a minute (not me, of course, but special folk). Enjoy your steak and hotdog!

Glad you mentioned the broc and cauli aversions. I used to despise both, but in my hunt to find something to substitute for my love of potatoes, I have really learned to enjoy cauliflower. Especially roasted in EVOO. Broc, I still don’t like unless it is smothered in cheese and I only eat the cheese and then the cheese tastes funky. Hah!

Speaking of potatoes, why do french fry commercials always look so tasty taunting me continuously when I’m trying to behave! I still want one of those TVs that lets you put in the things you don’t want to see like NO FOOD COMMERCIALS. My DVR trigger finger just isn’t quick enough to miss this stuff. So annoying. All I keep thinking is why oh why didn't I eat some potatoes before I got back on plan. Okay that is going on my off day list - I've now got espresso, ribeye and potato of the fried nature... sigh

Everything went as planned yesterday and in goal range. Calories 1498, carbs 19.5, steps 10,773. I had one cup of unsweetened tea and the rest of the day was water. Oh and I did the weights that I already mentioned.

Have a great rest-of-the week!

Last edited by FindingMe; 01-11-2017 at 12:42 PM..
Old 01-11-2017, 04:27 PM   #103
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

MichelleHu..251........245.............200

Broke my fast. 68 hours. 4 hours short of 3 days. I felt great was easier than I would have ever thought, lots of energy, no hunger. But I hit a wall boom at 1 pm and suddenly felt weak and was having hot flashes felt like 125 in Arizona where we used to live. And 2 minutes later so chilled I was shivering. I suspect electrolyte imbalance and some salt would have fixed me right up. I was plenty hydrated. Could have had broth to see if it helped but being my first longer fast, I'm am thrilled. Dr Fung says if you start feeling poorly that's the time to call it. Going very slowly reintroducing food. First thing I saw was a sausage patty so that's what I had, caused no problems.

Glad everyone is doing so well.

Dimply cake sounds heavenly!

I'll check back in later.....
Old 01-12-2017, 05:24 AM   #104
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone! Sorry I didnt get back here yesterday. I got our order done for our group before work. After work I kid you not I spent 3 hours breaking all the charges down for everyone since everyone had different stuff. Had dinner. Was a cranky tired, ******y girl and went to bed My brothers b day always upsets me.

I hope those of you not checking in as regularly are doing well!

yesterdays eats:

BP coffee

sloppy joe meat over green beans

2 big burger pattys with mayo and about 10 brussel sprouts

handful of mixed nuts

a string cheese

Mick........228.8........221.2...........202

Quote:
Thanks FindingMe & Mick! Not going to go out tonight, it's always a pain on a work night anyway. DH offered to pick up food &/or dessert, but I am trying to be strong. There is a bakery here that has a cake called <Dimply's real name> birthday cake, named for the owner's DD whose name is also Dimply. So, so good, and I always have a piece for my birthday <sigh> He is going to grill non-pregnancy craving steaks & hot dogs so at least I won't have to cook. He's still trying to convince me to go out to dinner this weekend, and we usually go to a steakhouse for birthday/anniversary celebrations so I can keep on plan, but I know me, and when they ask if we are celebrating a special occasion, I will be too tempted to say yes for the free dessert. And if I am strong and say no I will feel deprived. First world problems, I know.

I am a tightwad too! At least there is no tax on food here.

FindingMe - I used to eat hot dogs cold out of the package too! Dipped in mustard
My parents were not big veggie eaters so I did not grow up eating them, except for lettuce & tomatoes in salad. They're still pretty much the only ones I eat on a regular basis, unless I make a recipe that includes others. The only ones strictly off my list are broccoli and cauliflower
That was an exciting game. I popped in & out as DH was watching, but what I saw was good. As an LSU fan I am obligated to always root against Alabama, so I was glad that Clemson pulled out the win.

We're glad you did too!

Mick - That snow sounds awful! Can't believe the city isn't plowing. I'm sure we will be swooning over your weather in the summer! Even though I prefer warm to cold, 100 degrees with 95% humidity for a month is no fun!
Is that your cute pup?
Is your once a week treat low carb? (still trying to justify cake tonight..lol)
Congrats on passing your test and on your loss!

Have a great day!
I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!! Good job staying strong with your plan. I know its hard to go out and not have that treat. Especially a free one

Yep thats one of my dogs. When I took it the blanket had been hanging over the couch and she swaddled herself in there.

My carb up last Sunday was a couple handfuls of dried fruit. Not to exiting huh? I've got sweet potato for this week.

You might like our summer weather. It does get pretty humid but for the most part we are in 80's and some stretches of the the low 90s.

Quote:
Mick Ė Congrats on passing your test! Way to go on the new loss! You are moving on down. Yay!
I know lots of people that have had good luck on the slow carb where they eat what they want once a week in moderation. You have to do what works for you. Thanks, about the parchment for the coconut bread. Iím not much of a baker so I usually just follow instructions.

Dimply/Birthday Girl Ė You are being very thoughtful about your birthday especially with a beloved Cake Name. I know how tough it is because I mainly crave cake around my birthday. Whatever you decide, as you know, moderation is key and Iíve heard some people can actually get a jump start from eating off plan for a minute (not me, of course, but special folk). Enjoy your steak and hotdog!

Glad you mentioned the broc and cauli aversions. I used to despise both, but in my hunt to find something to substitute for my love of potatoes, I have really learned to enjoy cauliflower. Especially roasted in EVOO. Broc, I still donít like unless it is smothered in cheese and I only eat the cheese and then the cheese tastes funky. Hah!

Speaking of potatoes, why do french fry commercials always look so tasty taunting me continuously when Iím trying to behave! I still want one of those TVs that lets you put in the things you donít want to see like NO FOOD COMMERCIALS. My DVR trigger finger just isnít quick enough to miss this stuff. So annoying. All I keep thinking is why oh why didn't I eat some potatoes before I got back on plan. Okay that is going on my off day list - I've now got espresso, ribeye and potato of the fried nature... sigh

Everything went as planned yesterday and in goal range. Calories 1498, carbs 19.5, steps 10,773. I had one cup of unsweetened tea and the rest of the day was water. Oh and I did the weights that I already mentioned.

Have a great rest-of-the week!
Quote:

Broke my fast. 68 hours. 4 hours short of 3 days. I felt great was easier than I would have ever thought, lots of energy, no hunger. But I hit a wall boom at 1 pm and suddenly felt weak and was having hot flashes felt like 125 in Arizona where we used to live. And 2 minutes later so chilled I was shivering. I suspect electrolyte imbalance and some salt would have fixed me right up. I was plenty hydrated. Could have had broth to see if it helped but being my first longer fast, I'm am thrilled. Dr Fung says if you start feeling poorly that's the time to call it. Going very slowly reintroducing food. First thing I saw was a sausage patty so that's what I had, caused no problems.

Glad everyone is doing so well.

I'll check back in later.....
Woo hoo I see you had another loss!!!!! Thats interesting info about the fasting. I might have to read up on that fr future reference. That hot flash business sounds ugh though!!!

I'll have to try roasting the cauliflower! Sounds good.Have you tried roasting fresh green beans until crisp? They are crunchy and delicious like a french fry!!

I love to bake.I try not to do to much sweets even low carb unless dh loves it as I cant stay out of it!
Old 01-12-2017, 09:37 AM   #105
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone!

I had a great birthday yesterday, and stayed cake free

FindingMe - I do need to try a cauliflower dish that mimics potatoes. My mom used to use cauliflower in place of potatoes in potato salad, but I could still taste the cauliflower. The cauliflower taste would have to be hidden.
I have a list of things I want to eat too Why don't you eat rib eyes? Too high calorie? I have the butcher cut one steak in half and that is what I eat. With a salad (& a hot dog!), the steak is very filling for about 400 calories.

Quote:
It is
You fasted completely for almost 4 days???? Water only? I did that also several years ago and had the same reaction as you, but kept going. When I decided that I needed to eat I couldn’t even keep a popsicle down, and ended up in the ER on an IV to restore & balance my electrolytes, and rehydrate me since I could not keep anything down. I’m glad you have more sense that I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post
My brothers b day always upsets me.

Your dog is so cute – and smart! They always find the warmth.
Your summer weather sounds wonderful & much like our spring weather.

Wednesday:
B – coffee w/cream & s/f DaVinci’s syrup
D – steak, salad, hotdog
Old 01-12-2017, 11:04 AM   #106
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Feel great. Didn't overdo it coming off fast. Back to omad for a few days. When I find myself not hungry for dinner I will do it again. Yes water tea coffee. I suspect the broth would have fixed me right up. I was always very hydrated, so dehydration wasn't it. Next time I will try broth but my broth is very fatty, unstrained. Great Fung info under the other plans section. Still waiting on my Fung books. But his blog site is awesome! Dr Jason Fung.

Dimply good for you staying cakefree!
Old 01-12-2017, 11:21 AM   #107
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Michelle - Did you drink your coffee & tea black, or with cream &/or sweetener? I think I do best on OMAD (+ 1 coffee). I didn't eat for one day this fall, not planned just happened, and was fine, but the next day I had low blood sugar issues. I'll have to read up on Dr. Fung's way to incorporate fasting safely, in case i decide to go that route.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:53 PM   #108
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

My coffee 1-2 mugs a day had 1 tsp heavy whipping cream, No sweeteners, tea just plain. Tbls of ACV in a water everyday. I knew if I feel that cold feeling it's salt I need. Just dip my finger in and lick, lol, in 3 minutes I was warm. Also for the weird tightness kind of headache, gone with a lick of salt. My water cup is 20 oz. I estimate I fill it at least 4 times a day.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:28 AM   #109
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Michelle – Congrats on losing another 2 pounds!

Mick – Hope you got some good rest and are feeling better today! So sorry about your brother! My father’s birthday was in January and he also died a few days before his birthday so I feel you. Tough month.

Way to go on another good loss! You are moving on down!

I haven’t tried the green bean crisps. I’m not a big bean eater, but I’ll sure try it if it mimics french fries. Any tips or should I just search for crispy green beans online? Oh, that reminds me that you mentioned the cheese crisps and I forgot to respond. Yes, I do love any kind of cheese in any form and have had those many times. It always gives my portion control a run for its money.

Dimply – I am so glad you had a great birthday!

I’m saving ribeye for special occasions for various reasons. Mainly because I’m trying to not eat as much red meat. We don’t have any butchers locally and only one grocer at a local chain cut their own meat. I love fat, but I like SOME meat between it and it is very expensive here. So, I always talk myself out of it because if I’m going to pay that much, I need some decent quality. Then there’s that portion control problem, too. I just can’t stop myself at 4 ounces. The best I can do is eat half for lunch and half for dinner which ends up just being one big meal.

Everything status quo here. Stuck with all the goals I made for my 2nd week other than going below my calorie range a couple of days. I think I finally have the last of the water weight that I gained in one day just by eating a few salty snack carbs on Cmas Day. A minute to gain it and 12 days to lose it. SIGH

Have a great weekend!!!

FindingMe..257.........249.8..........217
DrSailor.....190.........190.6..........175

Last edited by FindingMe; 01-13-2017 at 04:30 AM..
Old 01-13-2017, 07:17 AM   #110
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Happy Friday the 13th!

Rainy and windy here, so my sinuses and head are not happy. Not to mention my hair; I didn't even bother to straighten it. A whole bottle of Frizz-Ease would not make a dent in this mop today. As always, first world problems..lol

I got married on my mom's birthday, which is cool & fun when you're 21, but not so good when she dies 16 years later. So it's a bittersweet day.

Quote:
A minute to gain it and 12 days to lose it. SIGH
Ain't that the truth
My butcher is just the Whole Foods butcher. But he knows me well by now!

Michelle - Do you find that the fasting weight stays off? I am really impressed that you are able to fast for so long!

Thursday:
B - coffee w/cream & s/f DaVinci's syrup
D - 8 chicken wings dipped in blue cheese dressing, salad

Where is everyone? sweetpoison, Mrs. V, Drunken Sailor, Veronica - we miss you!

Have a great day!
Old 01-13-2017, 07:31 AM   #111
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Up one lb, the same lb I was up yesterday, assume just from putting food back in the system. Feel great. Ate dinner last night. Shrimp soup and cauliflower "potato" salad. It was good. I always heard people replacing the potatoes with cauliflower, I was impressed. So yeah still just the 1 lb. probably have dinner tonight, probably should eat one more time before I do another longer fast but if I'm not hungry I'm not eating.

Drank my water yesterday but didn't pee much so I'm holding water, expect I will be going lots today. That would be a weird post fast symptom? I don't know, guess I will find out next time.

I see the boards are slow, seems always on Friday. So you all get in here and check in! Hit minus 22 it's miserable outside. Had to drop the truck at the repair shop at 8 am, not fun in this weather. Check in later.....
Old 01-13-2017, 10:20 AM   #112
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Yikes Michelle - we are almost 100 degrees warmer than you! Stay warm & be careful!
Old 01-13-2017, 03:56 PM   #113
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Howdy howdy!!! Where does the day go? They sure fly by ridiculously fast!!! I had a some running after work. Nothing to wear me out but wow am I tired out the last couple days!

Youll see a few grapes in lunch. I decided to eat at work since we had a workable LC meal. My sweet coworker saved me some of the grapes from the schools breakfast. She knows Im dieting and it was so very nice of her. It was a very hefty portion but I only ate 5. It made me smile

Todays eat:

PB coffee and a cheese stick

chicken patty/ broccoli/ 5 grapes

cottage cheese with a few berries and pecans

lasagna soup

the lasagna soup is from the "12 tomatoes" site. I cut the chicken broth, add the ricotta right to the pot and mix in, I also tripled the meat. I of course do not add the pasta.

Quote:
I had a great birthday yesterday, and stayed cake free

FindingMe - I do need to try a cauliflower dish that mimics potatoes. My mom used to use cauliflower in place of potatoes in potato salad, but I could still taste the cauliflower. The cauliflower taste would have to be hidden.
I have a list of things I want to eat too Why don't you eat rib eyes? Too high calorie? I have the butcher cut one steak in half and that is what I eat. With a salad (& a hot dog!), the steak is very filling for about 400 calories.

It is
You fasted completely for almost 4 days???? Water only? I did that also several years ago and had the same reaction as you, but kept going. When I decided that I needed to eat I couldnít even keep a popsicle down, and ended up in the ER on an IV to restore & balance my electrolytes, and rehydrate me since I could not keep anything down. Iím glad you have more sense that I did.

Your dog is so cute Ė and smart! They always find the warmth.
Your summer weather sounds wonderful & much like our spring weather.

Wednesday:
B Ė coffee w/cream & s/f DaVinciís syrup
D Ė steak, salad, hotdog
People either think the is the cutest thing ever or ugly. Of course we think she is adorable! I'm glad you had great birthday!!!

Quote:
My coffee 1-2 mugs a day had 1 tsp heavy whipping cream, No sweeteners, tea just plain. Tbls of ACV in a water everyday. I knew if I feel that cold feeling it's salt I need. Just dip my finger in and lick, lol, in 3 minutes I was warm. Also for the weird tightness kind of headache, gone with a lick of salt. My water cup is 20 oz. I estimate I fill it at least 4 times a day.
It sounds like you know your body super well!!

Quote:
Michelle Ė Congrats on losing another 2 pounds!

Mick Ė Hope you got some good rest and are feeling better today! So sorry about your brother! My fatherís birthday was in January and he also died a few days before his birthday so I feel you. Tough month.

Way to go on another good loss! You are moving on down!

I havenít tried the green bean crisps. Iím not a big bean eater, but Iíll sure try it if it mimics french fries. Any tips or should I just search for crispy green beans online? Oh, that reminds me that you mentioned the cheese crisps and I forgot to respond. Yes, I do love any kind of cheese in any form and have had those many times. It always gives my portion control a run for its money.

Dimply Ė I am so glad you had a great birthday!

Iím saving ribeye for special occasions for various reasons. Mainly because Iím trying to not eat as much red meat. We donít have any butchers locally and only one grocer at a local chain cut their own meat. I love fat, but I like SOME meat between it and it is very expensive here. So, I always talk myself out of it because if Iím going to pay that much, I need some decent quality. Then thereís that portion control problem, too. I just canít stop myself at 4 ounces. The best I can do is eat half for lunch and half for dinner which ends up just being one big meal.

Everything status quo here. Stuck with all the goals I made for my 2nd week other than going below my calorie range a couple of days. I think I finally have the last of the water weight that I gained in one day just by eating a few salty snack carbs on Cmas Day. A minute to gain it and 12 days to lose it. SIGH

Have a great weekend!!!

Great job on your goals!!!

The cheese crisps are just little piles of shredded cheese baked on parchment paper in the oven or microwaved on a greased plate. You can add spices to them. Super easy and good.

The green beans are just a bunch of fresh green beans thrown on a baking sheet with salt . Toss a little oil over them and give them a little stir aound the pan so most have a bit of the oil. Roast at 350 in the oven until they are nice and crispy and a bit brown. They look ugly but taste fabulous!!

Thanks for the condolences on my brother. Its been 6 years but as you know those special days nail you in the gut. He would have been 44. Some idiot was dumb enough to send me a link to an old article that day. I'm sure she meant to be kind but I need no reminders of the media circus or he is gone

I give you a lot of credit. I cant limit any meat to 4 oz!

Quote:
Rainy and windy here, so my sinuses and head are not happy. Not to mention my hair; I didn't even bother to straighten it. A whole bottle of Frizz-Ease would not make a dent in this mop today. As always, first world problems..lol

I got married on my mom's birthday, which is cool & fun when you're 21, but not so good when she dies 16 years later. So it's a bittersweet day.

Ain't that the truth
My butcher is just the Whole Foods butcher. But he knows me well by now!

Michelle - Do you find that the fasting weight stays off? I am really impressed that you are able to fast for so long!

Thursday:
B - coffee w/cream & s/f DaVinci's syrup
D - 8 chicken wings dipped in blue cheese dressing, salad

Where is everyone? sweetpoison, Mrs. V, Drunken Sailor, Veronica - we miss you!

Have a great day!
I'm sorry to hear you were not feeling well. I hope the weather plays nice and you feel better soon! I'm sure that is a very bittersweet day. hugs!

Quote:
Up one lb, the same lb I was up yesterday, assume just from putting food back in the system. Feel great. Ate dinner last night. Shrimp soup and cauliflower "potato" salad. It was good. I always heard people replacing the potatoes with cauliflower, I was impressed. So yeah still just the 1 lb. probably have dinner tonight, probably should eat one more time before I do another longer fast but if I'm not hungry I'm not eating.

Drank my water yesterday but didn't pee much so I'm holding water, expect I will be going lots today. That would be a weird post fast symptom? I don't know, guess I will find out next time.

I see the boards are slow, seems always on Friday. So you all get in here and check in! Hit minus 22 it's miserable outside. Had to drop the truck at the repair shop at 8 am, not fun in this weather. Check in later.....
Your meal sounds very tasty! I really cant find any rhyme or reason to when I hold water. Add me to the impressed you can fast that long club!

Sorry to hear your in the deep freeze also! WI is going to have a heat wave tomorrow and hit 20. Way better than the negatives today. Hope they got your truck all fixed up for you!
Old 01-13-2017, 04:55 PM   #114
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Mick~ yes the weather looks awesome coming up compared to what we have been experiencing. I sure hope the weatherman is right!
Old 01-14-2017, 03:37 AM   #115
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Quote:
People either think the is the cutest thing ever or ugly. Of course we think she is adorable! I'm glad you had great birthday!!!
Definitely adorable
I was craving grapes yesterday, which is a strange thing for me to crave as I am not a fruit eater at all. I guess I was craving the sweetness.

Friday:
B - coffee w/cream & s/f DaVinci syrup
D - bunless cheeseburger dipped in mustard, salad

to all!
Old 01-14-2017, 05:13 AM   #116
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Ugh I went back up a pound. Lots of water will be consumed today! Tomorrow I do a token weigh in for DB.

It sounds like we are expecting some craptastic weather Monday and Tuesday. Ice, snow ice. Yucky!! Our vet is 30 miles as is the chiropractor. It sounds like I may not make it Monday night if we get ice. One of the fur babies is on prescription food. It didn't arrive yesterday as expected so I said I'd get it Monday. Ugh I hate winter.

Quote:
Mick~ yes the weather looks awesome coming up compared to what we have been experiencing. I sure hope the weatherman is right!
It sure does

Quote:
Definitely adorable
I was craving grapes yesterday, which is a strange thing for me to crave as I am not a fruit eater at all. I guess I was craving the sweetness.

Friday:
B - coffee w/cream & s/f DaVinci syrup
D - bunless cheeseburger dipped in mustard, salad

to all!
I think I need to wake up more. I was going to ask what a business cheeseburger was!!!!

Last edited by Mick6; 01-14-2017 at 05:19 AM..
Old 01-14-2017, 11:53 AM   #117
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

2 NSV today. I was able to wear my bra on a tighter hook. It wasn't planned but when I put it on that is where the hooks went. Also, I sat down & without thinking about it, crossed my legs. I haven't been able to do that for a while.

Quote:
I think I need to wake up more. I was going to ask what a business cheeseburger was!!!!
Well, my bunless cheeseburgers are serious business
I hope your weather is not as bad as forecasted.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:13 PM   #118
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
2 NSV today. I was able to wear my bra on a tighter hook. It wasn't planned but when I put it on that is where the hooks went. Also, I sat down & without thinking about it, crossed my legs. I haven't been able to do that for a while.

Well, my bunless cheeseburgers are serious business
I hope your weather is not as bad as forecasted.
:jump joy:: jumpjoy:

Thats fabulous!!
Old 01-15-2017, 04:45 AM   #119
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Dimply.....251...........244.5..........220

Lost 3 more lbs & 4.75"! I was having some tummy trouble the past couple of days so that probably helped. I am sure there will be lots of fluctuations on the scale this week.

Saturday:
B - coffee w/cream & s/f DaVinci's
D - Chicken breast sauteed in butter, 1 oz cheddar cheese

Last edited by Dimply; 01-15-2017 at 04:52 AM..
Old 01-15-2017, 08:04 AM   #120
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Wowza, Dimply! You are doing so so awesome!!! And great NSVs, too! There is nothing more annoying than constantly having to reel those puppies back in when they are overflowing the too tight bra. Or worse, having just one boob that does that. Not a good look for t-shirts, either.

Sorry about your tummy. Hope it feels better soon!!!

Quote:
I give you a lot of credit. I cant limit any meat to 4 oz!
When it comes to red meat, neither can I. At least with turkey or chicken breast, if I go over that, the calories aren't too crazy.

I hope your token weigh in went well!!!

Thanks about the Green Bean Crisps. I found a good recipe online after I asked you about it and it includes parm. Sounds so delicious and I'm looking forward to trying it. Now to find some fresh green beans...

I'm still staying on track with all of my goals other than the occasional too-low calorie day. I think as long as I don't do consecutive days, my body won't shut down on me.

Have a great long weekend for those not working tomorrow!

Last edited by FindingMe; 01-15-2017 at 08:19 AM..