Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 12-31-2016, 11:14 AM   #1
CarolynF
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/157/145
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
SVELTE IN 17 January Challenge

Hi

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2016, 05:19 PM   #2
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT + Fast Five
Start Date: June 2012
Thank you!
Happy new year!
Old 12-31-2016, 05:36 PM   #3
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Still Karen
Stats: 173 starting weight, now 168
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 15, 2017
It's been a relaxing New Year's Eve. We've been watching the Downton Abbey Marathon on PBS. We've seen all of it before but so much fun to have it on in the background as we do other things.

I have wanted to rearrange the living room furniture for quite a while but my husband always put the nix on it because it is such a chore to unhook and rehook up all the electronics. We'll today he was a sweetheart and did it for me. The furniture has been in the same place since we moved in 11 years ago. We routinely pull things out to clean but always put things back the same. Change is nice sometimes

I had to run to Target for a couple items, made a nice supper complete with meat in it ( ), Cubed Steak, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, & Green Beans . So I've cooked this week....done with that.....nahhhhh, Actually I think I'm going to make Judy's Pizza tomorrow night. Gonna spoil these boys with two cooked meals in a row.

OK...I'm nervous about weighing in in the morning. Yes, my clothes do feel better but if I see a higher number I'm afraid I will lose my ambition to continue with the IFing. While clothes feel better I don't think I've lost anything substantial. Any suggestions or is it sort of a rule that this group weighs in on the first of the month? Actually, if I simply stayed the same weight as before I would be happy because I've had a lot of holiday treats.

Sandy...I'm thinking you might be at your sunny destination by now. Sunglasses on, walk on a beach (or at least a park while the rest of us are up to our necks in winter coats).........happy, happy New Year!!

And Happy New Year to all. Drive safe if you are out!!!
Still Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 02:09 AM   #4
Lori_:)
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 223/174/160(?)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/1/13
Good Morning & Happy New Year!

Well, here we go. The moment of truth this morning on the scale. As predicted, I'm up about 5 lbs from where I've been hovering most of the year. Time to nip this in the bud. So now, instead of needing to lose that last 10-15 lbs, I need to lose that last 15-20 +/-

Today is also the start of my walking challenge. 1,000 miles in 2017. OY! Also, I'll be back to boot camp tomorrow. I have a feeling that it's going to be a rough week. As far as the fasting goes, I'm going to strive for an 8 hr window to start. My plan is to walk between Noon and 1 most days, so waiting until after that to eat may not be a good idea, especially if I've done boot camp too.

Anyway....hope you all have a fabulous start to your year...let's make it a good one!
Old 01-01-2017, 08:14 AM   #5
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Lori....you are so brave to weigh-in. I'm easily discouraged by the numbers so I've decided to put off weighing until mid month. The holiday food is finally getting out of my house. My husband is off shopping at the Man's Mall (A local Fleet Farm store) and usually comes home with all kinds of snack items. I asked him to skip those isles because both of us have had more than our share of sweets this past month. He agreed. That's my next big task is to get him on the same page of not bringing those foods into the house. If they are not in the house I do very well but bring in the chips, crackers, cookies and I have a terrible time resisting.

Lori....bummer about the weight gain. That's what I'm afraid I will see if I weigh, although I don't really feel as heavy as I was so my guess is that I weigh the same or one or two pounds heavier. My pants are fitting well so that makes me think I'm ok but there have been times when I thought that and "bam" the scale says higher. That tends to drive me right to the cookie box so until I see a more drastic change in my clothes I think I'll do better mentally to stay off that scale.

I admire and am jealous of your ability to do your exercise routine. While I was never a boot camp style exerciser, I was a walker for decades and miss it soooooooooooooo much. I would typically walk 45-60 minutes every day but the damage to my spinal discs from an auto accident makes walking like that impossible now. Walking for me was always like a little mini vacation from all stress and responsibility during my day. During that time I would take in the beauty of nature, talk to God, plan my day and projects, walk with my husband and visit, walk with a friend and visit.....ahhhh, just lovely. I hope you find that same enjoyment in walking. And during those years I never had a weight problem. My weight problems came when I could no longer do that walking (and menopause) which all happened somewhat at the same time. My guess is that if I had been able to continue walking my weight might not have come on like it did, or at least it would have been much less of a problem. So when you are walking take a few steps for me. I'll be walking with you in spirit.
Old 01-01-2017, 01:03 PM   #6
CarolynF

Hi ladies!

Got brave and weighed this a.m. 162!! Not pretty. My goal is to get back in ketosis then start doing IF. I need to get my body switched to fat burning instead of sugar/carb burning..

I'm lucky as Dh never brings home any junk food. He never shops for food...unless I have had surgery. Lolol.

Had a quiet night...went to church, then out to Eggberts for an omelet..no toast.

Old 01-01-2017, 05:23 PM   #7
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/143.8/140-145 5'6"
WOE: Fast-5 intermittent fasting
Start Date: January 2003
Happy new year everybody! We had a lovely time at the dance here at our resort last night. We didnt get to bed until almost 2 a.m. Then church this morning and watched the Chief's this afternoon. Also took 3 short walks with the pooch.
I had a loss for the month so i can't complain. I think.it was right at 2 pounds. I'll take it! I need to rein myself in though or i won't be able to say that next month!

Food can wait!
There. Will. Always. Be. Food.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 08:19 PM   #8
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Good for you Sandy!!!!!!!!!! Must be the sunshine

Aww shucks Carolyn....that is frustrating. Oh well, most of us are in the same boat. Hopefully we won't sink it.

I tried Judy's Low Carb pizza crust tonight. It was sort-of good. I think I'm just not a low carb lover. I did the crust then for toppings I added pepperoni, onions, green peppers, mushrooms & more mozzarella. That is a pretty low carb pizza. It tasted fine but the texture was so greasy and slightly weird. I worry about my arteries/heart with ingesting that much fat. Do any of you have concerns about heart disease eating this way? I'm not sure if I'll make it again but it was a good experiment. My husband said it was eatable but not his favorite. Honestly, I think I would rather just have a couple eggs for supper.

But............ I love you gals!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2017, 09:25 PM   #9
DebbyL
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Happy New Year!
Old 01-02-2017, 05:37 AM   #10
Lori_:)
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 223/174/160(?)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/1/13
Good Morning! The first Monday of the new year.....here we go!

The boot camp studio reopened this morning and I was there for the 5:45AM session. DH & I are going to head out for a 3 mile walk later today. There was a bit of freezing rain this morning, but it is to warm up to nearly 40 with intermittent rain showers......later this week it is going to be very cold, so those will be treadmill days.

I'm shooting for an 8 hour eating window today. I SO admire all of you who can do the 5 hour window. Up at 4:30AM, boot camp and I'm starving by 10AM. I'll see how it goes and possibly will inch closer to the 5 hours. I'm sticking strictly low carb, so hoping I can get some of these pounds to shift this year.

Wishing you all a great first week of the year!
Old 01-02-2017, 05:58 AM   #11
CarolynF

Good morning!!!

161 today!! Heading for the 50's!! Lol

Low carb eating is the healthiest way to eat for your ❤️. Carbs are the heart's enemy. Dr. William Davis writes a lot about this in Wheat Belly. He is a heart doctor, then put his patients on a Wheat free, low carb diet. Saw his patients get so much better. My numbers are great..this is very common with low carb people. There are lots of good podcasts to listen to about this...

Gosh, Lori...good for you!! We had some warm rain today.

Sandy, are you near a beach???? Sounds like you will get lots of outdoor time.

off to make my waffle and add 1Tbs of psyllium husks in it...

Old 01-02-2017, 06:56 AM   #12
CarolynF

Yummy on the waffle.. I used Jay Robb's husks..very good.. Judy, Bowe might really enjoy this. You would have to double the recipe for 2.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:56 AM   #13
CindyCRNA
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: Beer and pizza diet
Morning all! Worked 24 hours yesterday but slept all night so that's always a good. Been using my spiralizer a bit. I have been making kale salad with spiralized red beets, yellow beets, red onion, carrots and cherry tomatoes. I have been using Zia's sugar free sweet italian dressing. Really good. I tried to add spiralized butternut squash but uncooked butternut squash is a little chewy.

My Avi is my horse Victor and me Heritage Park horse trials 5/16

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Hadel Briles
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:59 AM   #14
CarolynF

Cindy: I'm sure the furry ones miss their mom...Your salad sounds amazing..I need more
variety in my salad..I'm so boring.

AKK..Dh is doing IF..He is on the 12 to 5 train..good for him.

Old 01-02-2017, 02:53 PM   #15
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

OK...so I put on my "big girl panties" and stepped on the scale this morning. I did the whole one eye closed thing, praying as I stepped on the darn thing. Then a sign of relief as I saw that I had only gained one pound during the holiday eating. 171......whewwwwww!!!

I sort of thought that might be the number because my clothes were feeling the same but that scale can be a devil at times and I just didn't want to get discouraged by seeing 175 or something like that. So I am doing the happy dance.

I've also been giving the whole WOE consideration. I really, really, really do not like eating HFLC so I'm finished with trying those recipes. I just want to eat my veggie way and stay inside my 5 hour IFing window. If I can do this well with the eating I did this past three weeks then I'm certain the weight will come off by eliminating the snacks, cookies etc. I've had a lot of Chex Mix and cookies in the last three weeks, also two pizza's and 4 meals of Italian Dishes. All of those things are not my usual way of eating so I'm very encouraged to just stick with the IFing WOE. Today, all the junk food became bird food on the snow filled lawn.

However, you girls are the sweetest people on the boards so I'd like to do what Sandy does and just hang out and keep my mouth shut about what I'm eating because it won't be HFLC. You are all very nice and very encouraging. I REALLY like that. I am going to try to find a group over in the Vegetarian Thread to share recipes with so I can have some Veggie friends. I think it will just make me feel more normal because you HFLC ladies are just plain weird with food !!!! (only joking) So I'll still be checking in each day with you but more for the fun and encouragement and less about considering the LC WOE.

I've been entertained most of the weekend and into today with Downton Abbey on PBS. That has been fun and relaxing. Ran to JoAnn Fabrics for a few quilting supplies on their 40% off sale...gotta love that.

It's raining tonight....WHAT, RAINING??? Not a good thing with temps hovering between 33 and 31. The sun is setting and I have a feeling I'm going to hear lots and lots of sirens tonight as people's cars start sliding all over the place. EEkks, glad I'm home and safe.

Good for you, Lori....don't slip on any winter sidewalks. So glad you have a treadmill for icy winter days. Gonna go eat because my window is closing in about 20 minutes.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:30 PM   #16
CarolynF

Karen, only one pound is amazing. Everyone's body has a different carb tolerance. Mine is low. Yours could be high like Cindy and Sandy. Judy has a lowish carb tolerance, too. Do what works for ya!!!

We lived in Des Moines for 12 years and northern Ill, so my Dh appreciates mild winters.

loved Downton Abbey. I watched Sherlock last night....

Old 01-03-2017, 05:58 AM   #17
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

I've been having problems getting a signal so I have no idea if that will continue or get better. So if I disappear for long periods that could be part of the reason. The other reasons could be going to the pool, happy hour, line dancing lessons, riding around in the golf cart, taking Bailey to the dog park, sitting on our back deck relaxing, exploring the area or taking a nap! We both love this place so far!! We're afraid these 3 months are just going to fly by!! Today we're doing laundry which just happens to be located at one of the pools here so we'll play while we work, lol.

I have no idea how, but I've actually lost weight since I left home!! It makes me afraid that my scales are wrong on the road, lol. And yes, I brought my scales in the fifth wheel. I knew that just ignoring the numbers for 3 months was way too dangerous for me!!

I love Downton Abbey!! I was very sad to see it end. Has anybody watched "Mary's" new drama on TNT called Good Behavior? Very good show and what a switch in roles for her!!

DH is suffering from Cedar Fever! It's an allergy to cedar tree pollen which is very common down here. He feels ok but sounds horrible!! We're going to find Claritin today.

Food can wait!
Old 01-03-2017, 12:34 PM   #18
CarolynF

Sandy.....Yup, the cedars are BAD right now everywhere. Hope he gets relief!

My wonderful eye dr fit me in this am in between my chiro and hair appt. She thinks I could be allergic to my contacts. So, she is going to see if there is another material that would work for me. Of course, the shape of my eye changed since I had been wearing my glasses.

161.1 today and I am in ketosis!! I had a breve for breakfast and wasn't even hungry for lunch, but just ate a bar. Hoping the ketosis will help the hunger. I would love to be able to have a fatty coffee for breakfast, then eat lunch at 12/1 or so, then dinner at 5.

Sandy.....how jealous are we?? Is there a beach near by?

Old 01-03-2017, 03:51 PM   #19
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Cindy I've never heard of that dressing. Do you get it in a store or online?
Do you have a recipe for that salad or are you winging it? It sounds delicious!!
I wonder if after spiralizing the butternut squash if it were microwaved or steamed just a little might make it work. That seems like a lot of work, though. Butternut squashes are tough work for me.

Well Carolyn, back at it! Me too.
I don't think I gained anything, but I don't weigh very frequently.
Clothes feel great.

Lori you might be able to do as you're planning - eventually get to a 5-hour window. Or maybe not. See how it goes with your plan.

Karen I wholeheartedly agree with you - you don't sound like a person who could "live" with low carb. We all eat the way we think is best for us - few of us match around here. LOL
We had a big love for Downton Abbey here!

Sandy Sandy Sandy having fun fun fun and losing weight in the bargain!!
You are just amazing.
I hope the internet gets better or more reliable or stronger or whatever it needs for you to keep in touch and keep making us jealous!
So glad you are enjoying your retirement. You all really planned well.
Hope the Claritin helps with the cedar fever. You are probably surrounded by them there.

Got my hair dyed and cut today. Makes me have a new outlook on life! LOL
Decided not to fast today. Had a couple of eggs to break my fast around 1:30. I'm thinking of making Cheri's Southwestern Taco Soup to greet this cold snap.
We actually still have lots of food leftover from Christmas we need to keep eating.
*sigh*

My Instant Pot is still in its box waiting for some room in the fridge.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:50 PM   #20
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Oh Sandy, your snow-bird location sounds lovely...enjoy. But poor husband with his allergies I hope those trees go through their sap release quickly so he can enjoy the winter. Ah, I bet your scale is fine. It's happy to be somewhere sunny too . And you probably weight two pounds lighter because you are in shorts and a tee top instead of a winter coat and boots.

Carolyn....and you too, so sorry your allergies are a mess too. From the time I started reading on these posts you have had allergy problems. Hopefully it is the contacts and you can get a different brand for the problem to simply go away. Not fun not feeling well. What is a "breve?" That's a new one on me. And what is a fatty coffee (w/cream??) I would think you could have that cream and still get/stay into ketosis.

Judy.....oooh la la, looking pretty today. Pretty hair just does a girl good.

I worked today, Stayed inside my window (yah baby!) and am sooooooooooo happy that all the holiday food is out of my house. Maybe some serious weight can start falling off this hefty frame now. Goal....down a pant size by spring.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:50 PM   #21
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Internet is playing nice today!!

Yes, Carolyn, we're about 25 minutes away from South Padre Island and about 20 minutes away from Boca Chica Beach. That's where they're building Space X. It's a totally undeveloped beach but it's beautiful!! We haven't been to the beach yet on this trip but will be going soon!

DH has never had cedar allergies before!! Maybe they have a different type down here or something. He's miserable!! But doesn't really feel sick.

Sounds like you all are doing well starting the new year off right!

Food can wait!
Old 01-03-2017, 06:14 PM   #22
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

OMG Sandy....I just watched the first hour of Good Behavior. Our cable package has On Demand watching. "Mary" is such a good actress but that show is totally creepy. I can't watch the other episodes. Are you watching the series?? Let's say I'm more of the Downton Abbey and Little House on the Prairie kind of viewer. My heart is still pounding a little bit from watching that episode. Good try though.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:26 PM   #23
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Yep, I'm watching that series. It is intense isn't it. I'm sorry if it upset you.

Food can wait!
Old 01-03-2017, 07:29 PM   #24
CarolynF

Sandy, I have an allergy alert thing on my iPad. No Cedar allergies in KCity, but we have them and have had them. Let me check Brownsville.

Old 01-03-2017, 07:35 PM   #25
CarolynF

Wowza. We are 7.8 and You are in the red zone on cedar/juniper allergies at a 10!!! I've never seen a 10! Must be bad.

Judy, get that thing out of the box. Remember those exercise cds? Lololo...

Karen...a breve is like a latte made with cream.

I just knit a hat. There is a graveside funeral tomorrow. I made an apple cake with a brown sugar glaze. New recipe. No tastes.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:03 PM   #26
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh dear. That is going to be a very very cold funeral.
Sorry.

I will get it out of the box!!!! But not right now...
LOL
Old 01-04-2017, 05:27 AM   #27
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Carolyn, thanks for that info. What's the name of that app? He might like to put it on his iPad too.

Cold front is coming down here too. Today's high only 68 and Friday's high only supposed to be 50!!!! That will feel really cold after the lovely days we've been having. And that's the day our friends are supposed to be here too. It might scare them off, lol.

Food can wait!
Old 01-04-2017, 06:24 AM   #28
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Sandy how long will this set of friends stay?
Old 01-04-2017, 07:11 AM   #29
CarolynF

The name of the app is AlleryCast by Zyrtec. You can put in different cities.

Oh, Judy...my Aeropress came this am and I made a cup of coffee. Very good..I added heavy cream to the 2 level.

Yes, it will be cold. I'll get out my Down coat and hat/scarf and boots.

160 today!!!!! I hope this trend lasts. Two ladies meetings here in the next 2 days. I'll get out the Treats in the freezer. Sarah made those chocolate covered pretzels..

Yup, it can be cold in Texas....sometimes, but it is just a different place to be with good friends and it doesn't matter you can always have fun!

Old 01-04-2017, 12:39 PM   #30
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Carolyn I didn't know you got an Aeropress!! Or did I?
I'm so excited!!
How does it compare to a French press, taste-wise?
I'm worried in 10 years I'll be too weak to use my Aeropress. LOL

Let me know if you need any filters for yours. I can get them at Bed Bath & Beyond and it will be one of our excuses to meet in Bartlesville....OR PAWNEE!!