Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-04-2017, 05:08 PM   #31
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Still Karen
Stats: 173 starting weight, now 168
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 15, 2017
Carolyn...what do you eat to get into Ketosis and how many days does it take you to get there? I think I can do it in one day with eggs & tea. I'm not sure how long I can sustain it though. Congrats on your one pound loss.

Sandy....not a problem with Good Behavior. I got settled down about an hour after it ended. Are all the episodes that intense? I don't like that level of mystery. I remember the first time I saw that movie where Julia Roberts had this stalker husband and she faked a swimming death out on the ocean then took a bus out of town to start a new life. That creepy guy figured out that she was still alive and hunted her down. It still makes my heart beat just thinking about it. I gives me the "upsets" like how it feels to find a spider in your bed or something...........EEEEKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! !!! You are a brave person to enjoy that level of suspense. I'll just relax with Leave It To Beaver reruns. Enjoy your cold 50 degrees

Judy.....I usually make Banana Bread from bananas that have gone soft and brown. I'm trying the recipe with half of the flour from that pizza crust mix. I'll let you know how it comes out. I often make cookies with half of the flour using almond, oat and coconut flour so it just made sense to try it. The bread is almost ready to come out of the oven. It smells heavenly in here.

-30ish tonight with the wind chill. Brrrrrrrrrr!! When you go outside your nostrils stick together on the sides.

Stayed inside my window again today....happy dance, happy dance.... Love IFing !!!

Buzzer going off, banana bread is ready

.......you allergy kids take your meds, get feeling better, do not pass go and do not collect $200.

Does anyone know how many carbs are in water..... only kidding!
Still Karen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2017, 06:31 PM   #32
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Judy....

The banana bread was fantastic with the Splendid Gluten Free Baking Mix. I'm going to share my recipe. You can look at it and see if it is LC enough for your diet plan (maybe not, but I'll share and you can decided....tasty

Best Southern Banana Bread

Butter 3 small loaf pans and set aside.

Blend and set aside:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup Splendid Gluten Free Baking Mix
1 Tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Blend well and set aside:
1/2 cup very soft butter, almost melted
1 cup sugar (you can try the sweeteners, Judy but I use the sugar)

Mix together well then add to the butter and sugar mixture:
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup mashed (very ripe) bananas
1/4 cup applesauce

Add flour mixture to wet mixture and stir well until completely incorporated. Divide mixture into three buttered small size loaf pans. Bake at 325 degrees for about 40 minutes until bread is set and does not jiggle in the middle.

Remove from oven, let set about 10 minutes, turn out onto wire rack to cool. Wrap in plastic wrap to store (or ziploc bag). Freezes well.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:40 PM   #33
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT + Fast Five
Start Date: June 2012
Thanks, Karen, but bananas aren't bought or eaten in this house.
I'm glad you're enjoying your treat, though.

Karen, do a search on this site - there are lots of threads about getting into ketosis.
There is no banana bread or sugar in ketosis though. LOL

Seriously, IF-ing is probably best for you. And if your body can handle the sugar, and you're losing weight and are healthy, you're all set.
I think a lot of people find IF more freeing because they can eat a higher carb diet without gaining.
Not eating for a period of time is apparently healing to our bodies.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:50 PM   #34
CarolynF
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/157/145
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
I bought it myself with my Amazon gift card. I do like it. very smooth coffee.
I get the water boiling, then pour it into a pitcher and the temp comes down. I'll have to do a taste test side by sides. Maddox will have to make his granny's coffee before he lives for Jr. High.

Thanks...we will have to meetup. you mean Pawhuska!!!

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:53 PM   #35
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes I did.
Thank you for knowing what I meant! LOL

I figured out in my microwave (I realize they're all different), I can put a Pyrex measuring cup of 1-1/2 cups of water at high for 2 minutes 15 seconds and it's 185 or whatever the perfect temperature is supposed to be. It's a lot more water than I use, but that was my test and I'm sticking to it!
Old 01-05-2017, 05:31 AM   #36
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/143.8/140-145 5'6"
WOE: Fast-5 intermittent fasting
Start Date: January 2003
Our first set of friends are going to be here at least until the end of January. That's their plan anyway. But it also wouldn't surprise me if after a week they decide to just pull up stakes and move or go home, lol. We've been friends for 40 years and we've become used to the way they do or don't do things. That's why I refused to have any part of them making their reservations here except giving them the name of the resort.

Our other friends who are coming in Feb will be here either a week or 10 days. I really can't remember. If they could find a place here in the resort to stay longer they just might stay a month, so we'll just have to see. These are the same friends who came down to Puerto Vallarta for the last 9 days of our vacation last year. Much more predictable peeps.

Ok, this morning my weight creeped slightly above my window boundary, so back to being a bit more in control of my window starting today. At least by weighing every day I can adjust accordingly as needed without discovering a giant surprise at the end of our trip. Or having to go buy all new clothes while I'm here. That would NOT be a good idea!

I almost ordered one of those Aeropress makers too but when I'm being faithful doing my IFing I don't have cream so I wouldn't use it every day. Plus I read about how hard it is to push and that worried me!

Food can wait!
There. Will. Always. Be. Food.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:03 AM   #37
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Judy....yes, bananas are pretty carby aren't they? I didn't think about that. I only have a slice of that bread occasionally. My husband takes a banana in his lunch everyday and sometimes they get too soft so I peel them and throw them in the freezer until I have enough to make the bread. I do think I'll stick to adding the Spendid Baking Mix in it though because it surely lowers the carb amount by a little bit.

Last night I was snooping around on the rest of these boards and came across JUDDD WOE. That was a new one for me. I see that a lot of IFing people do this so I'm going to give it a try today. My plan is to do no more than 600 calories today. I'm going to do two of my Evolv shakes and 4 eggs, staying within my 5 hour window. Then the next day I will eat normally within my 5 hour window. I'm doing so well with IFing that it just makes sense to try JUDDD. Wish me luck.

Ekkkk.....you guys and your stinky coffee

Sandy....I got brave and watched the second episode of Good Behavior last night. It was not as intense but still not my favorite to watch. I'm too sensitive of a personality to watch murders. Somehow I emotionally internalize that too much and can't get it out of my mind. I'm always reminded of that little song we sang in Sunday School....Oh be careful little eyes what you see...... But "Mary" is such a good actress. I'm very impressed with the difference in characters she is able to pull off. I'm reading a historical diary of Mattie Spenser - Author Sandra Dallas, which is really a novel written in diary style so I think I'll just stick to my book for the evenings to come. It sounds like you try to stay within a close calorie count when you are in your IF window (you said to Carolyn...."no cream when I'm in my window"). Is this true? Do you watch the calories somewhat? Have you ever done JUDDD?
Old 01-05-2017, 07:23 AM   #38
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, JUDDD is intermittent fasting. Those people are awesome at having very low calorie days and genius recipe creators.

Sandy, you wouldn't have a bit of trouble with that Aeropress. I mean, it's hard, but not that hard. Just wait and use a 20% off coupon at Bed Bath and Beyond. If you don't like it or don't use it much they'll take it back no matter when. You have such a nice long time at the resort. I hope you enjoy every minute of it.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:00 AM   #39
CindyCRNA
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Took Leonard to the vet today as he hasn't been eating well and his coat look poor. He has a fever. They are running tests but are suspicious for FIP which is fatal. We are waiting for blood tests to come. I cannot have a medically uncomplicated pet.

My Avi is my horse Victor and me Heritage Park horse trials 5/16

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Hadel Briles
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:07 AM   #40
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh gosh. I'm sorry.
I hope this won't be fatal.

Woke up to a text from DD - her father-in-law died last night. They suspect a heart attack. I'm not sure how old he is, maybe 65 or 66. So sad.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:40 AM   #41
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

oh gosh....I'm checking in to keep me out of the kitchen and you ladies have such bad news. Cindy, so sorry about kitty and Judy, that is terrible about your daughter's father-in-law. And so young!!! Is he married...poor wife if so. With you all in prayer.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:48 AM   #42
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes he's married to my son-in-law's mother.
SIL is the oldest, then 2 sisters, both married, but youngest sister has 4 kids.
Grandparents were very active in helping their daughter, I'm sure they are devastated.
DD says they are all in shock - I'm sure so.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:07 PM   #43
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Sad news for your DD's inlaws. So many sudden deaths lately! I suppose it's normal when we get around that age. That's why I want to enjoy life to the fullest!

And poor kitty. God knew you were the right kitty-momma for that sweet little guy. I hope it's not fatal.

Karen, no I don't watch calories or anything except my window and I don't start it until at least late afternoon to early evening, so that means no calories before that time. So no cream in my coffee when I'm being really strict. I love cream in my coffee, so I drink hot tea when I'm IFing seriously. That works for me.
Good Behavior just keeps getting more and more intense. I think you're right to shelve it! But that gal sure can act!!

We spent 2 hours at the pool from 11-1. I played volleyball with a bunch of the peeps for awhile. Now we're back at the camper and DH is taking a nap. I sure wish he'd start feeling better!!

Our friends are getting close!!!

Food can wait!
Old 01-05-2017, 12:28 PM   #44
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

It takes awhile for those antihistamines or whatever they are to kick in, doesn't it? Like several days maybe? Not sure.

You are living the good life, Sandy! I might have even joined you in the volleyball! I'm horrible, but it's fun!

Such a surreal day. DH called DD and she was only able to speak for a minute. They are all with her MIL and I guess all still in shock. I feel cut off from them, and I am, just such a weird feeling.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:46 PM   #45
CarolynF

Hi dear ones,

Oh my! So sorry about dd's fatherinlaw. Such a young age, too. In the last weeks, 3 ladies I know died. One was 100, one was in the nursing home and 76, and one was 76, dropped dead from a stroke and the police found her at home.

On, Cindy, poor Leonard. I totally get this and understand. Do you think sweet Lewis knew his brother was sick? That's why they bonded so well. Keep us posted. Hugssss..

Brownsville is still at a 10 for cedar. Hopefully, Fred will get some relief. You know, when you go home, you might look into allergy shots for the Cedar. Sometimes if you are allergic to one thing, they give you drops. the doctors around here like Zyrtec. The pharmacist recommended liquid Zyrtec and you take the adult dosage.

The eye dr ordered brand new contacts for me made out of a special thing. ???? I'm anxious to be able to wear them again

Judy, remember Sandy was the pickleball girl? she can use the press

Finale of the Great American Baking Show. That Johnny judge is adorable.

Old 01-05-2017, 01:50 PM   #46
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Oooh! Interested to hear about your new contacts!
I wear them every day, remove them every evening.
I have bifocal contacts that I like pretty well.
They're not perfect, but they're better than having reading glasses all over.

I am vain.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:56 AM   #47
Lori_:)
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 223/174/160(?)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/1/13
Good Morning,

I'm sorry to read of the sadness here. So many people I know have lost loved ones in the past few weeks. Condolences.

Sorry about Leonard. Hope the situation is not as dire as suspected. Our fur babies get in our hearts and it's hard to lose them.

I'm having a bit of a bad week. I have managed to lose 3 lbs, but wouldn't recommend my method. On Wednesday I came down with Gastroenteritis. I was so sick Wednesday night & Thursday. I feel a bit better today, but still not right. Will be eating very lightly again today. The worst part is falling behind on my walking challenge. To keep up I have to walk nearly 3 miles every day. I missed yesterday completely, so to catch up for the week I'll have to do 4.5 miles both today and tomorrow. Sigh...Any miles will be done on the treadmill as it is 24 degrees this morning with a high of 29...Brrrr.

Take care everyone.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:11 AM   #48
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh yes, Lori, that is one of my least favorite weight loss methods. I hope you are well on the other side of that.

My phone says it's 11 degrees here. The treadmill would be the only option for me, plus we have a skiff of snow! I finally gave away my treadmill. It made a pretty good clothes hanger, but I decided to use my closet instead.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:57 PM   #49
CarolynF

Phew..two ladies meetings..done..

Gosh, Lori...NOT fun! Take it easy..Don't force yourself to overdo it...

I have bifocal contacts, too..I'll be anxious to get the new ones..Let you know.

Made some chocolate chip sugar free muffins..They were pretty good. I froze the
rest and will micro them in case of emergencies..(which happens a lot).

Waiting for any Leonard news......

Old 01-06-2017, 06:54 PM   #50
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Awww, Lori, so sorry you have had the stomach bug. That is NOT fun! Maybe you can make up those few lost miles in June when the day is bright and sunny. Rest up now, dear.

Well, my JUDDD down day didn't go very well. I ended the day around 1200 calories. I guess I just like to eat too much. I was doing well until I made a cup of hot chocolate around 7 p.m. (outside of my window....bad girl!!! ) and then I topped it with a BIG pile of whipped cream, ate the whipped cream off the top and filled it up again...., what is wrong with me???? , slurped down the cup of chocolate just as my husband came upstairs with a little bowl full of almonds that he sorted out of his mixed nuts can. He doesn't like almonds so he lovingly gives them to me. . I don't know, maybe another 200 calories of nuts down the hatch. Today was a JUDDD Up day and I ate normally within my window. I almost think I do better to just do the 5 hour window. Where is my will power?....

-11 all day and -18 tonight. Thinking of Sandy shivering in her jeans and sweatshirt in the unsunny 50 degree south.

I did nothing of value today except wash one load of laundry and finish a very good book, The Diary of Mattie Spenser by Sandra Dallas. You know how it is when you read a really good book???.....just savoring it.

Carolyn, I'm envious of your active friendship connections. I wish I had half of your gatherings to look forward to. So what ladies meetings did you have? ....bible studies, community clubs, cats anonymous ????? It sounds like you have lots of connections in your community.

Judy, how's the daughter's family doing?
Old 01-06-2017, 07:43 PM   #51
CarolynF

I would love a cats anonymous group. Lolol..my gal groups focus around my church activities. Bible study, Friday prayer group and I'm moderator for our local Christian Women's group, who has speakers come from all over...it is Stoncroft Ministries. Then I read at school with 2 boys. We live in a small town, 9,000, so there are a lot of connections.

Brrr...you are very cold up there, Karen!!!!! I think you have to find a plan that you can do with a smile on your face.

I'll look up that book..I love mysteries. I have read all of Joanne Fluke's mysteries. They all revolve around food at the Cookie Jar and someone dies. Plus other mysteries.

Hope Fred's allergies are better.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:22 AM   #52
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Well down here in the sunny south we were under a freeze advisory last night!!!!!! We had to leave our water dripping in the camper to make sure it wouldn't freeze. I don't think it made it down to freezing but it certainly was in the 30s. Still way warmer than home but not at all tropical. Monday's high is supposed to be mid 70s and then 80s the rest of the week. This weather is kind of like Kansas....if you don't like the weather today, stick around, it'll change by tomorrow. Lol.
Fred's a bit better. He was able to sleep in the bed last night at least. I guess we'll see how he is when he gets up. We're going to a breakfast here at the club house (CH) here so he needs to get up pretty quick and go through his normal morning routine to see how he's doing.

Yes, Karen, I find it's easier to just NOT eat then to try to limit my eating. That's why the window way works well for me. Right now I'm just finding too many open windows!!

Food can wait!
Old 01-07-2017, 06:46 AM   #53
CarolynF

Brownsville is down to 8.4 instead of a 10, so he might feel a bit better..poor guy....
Have fun at breakfast. Your place sounds amazing!!!!!

Old 01-07-2017, 12:06 PM   #54
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

It's very hard for me to stop overeating carbohydrate.
It's very easy for me to stop eating fat and moderate protein.
And just telling yourself you're not ready to eat yet has been great for me, but OBVIOUSLY to each his own. I have a lifetime of different "diets."
I feel like I've finally cracked the code, for myself at least.

DH took Maddox and DD and I took baby Milo shopping for something to wear to her FIL's service yesterday. Macy's is going out of business, I guess, and she found something perfect. She also has a wedding in 2 weeks, so this will do double-duty while waiting for some of this baby weight to keep disappearing. She's doing great, though.

That family is still so shocked and heartbroken. It will take some time, obviously. So sad for them.

Just talked to my cousin Lisa's husband (Lisa who died last year) and he said what most of us think. If it's a long, drawn-out illness, you have a chance to say goodbye and probably grieve while it's happening, but you are just worn out by the time they go. If they go quickly, it's a shock, some regret their last interaction, etc., but you are spared the long painful illness.
It's just hard however it goes, I know.

My sister has posted something on FB about next weekend being the first ice storm for here?? Anybody else hear anything about that? I love snow, hate ice. Hope it doesn't reach down there, Sandy, unless it helps DH's cedar allergy! And maybe the medicine will build up over time and help him, too. I sure hope so.

Lori I hope you're well!

Carolyn does have an enviable friend life.

Cindy let us know when you can.

I'm going to go to La La Land with a friend this afternoon.
I've heard
Old 01-07-2017, 01:02 PM   #55
CarolynF

Yeah, Judy. Carbs for me are like drugs for a drug addict.

Oh my...we don't need an ice storm, but will watch the weather. Brett's gf has a wedding near KCity next weekend. She is in it and he's going up there, too.

Hugs all around.

Used my Aeropress. I heated my cup up with hot water in the micro so it wouldn't cool off my coffee.

Old 01-07-2017, 03:17 PM   #56
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

At this point I'm not so sure that DH has cedar allergy. I talked to my sister, who had a cold or something when we were there, and she's still dealing with it!!! His symptoms are very similar to hers. But I suppose they'd fit both illnesses. I guess we'll see how long it hangs on. She took a whole round of augmentin and is still sick. Her Dr told her it was a virus and to use Vick's on her chest and nose and suck on Fisherman's lozenges! And wait it out! Ugh. No dance for us tonight. I encouraged our friends to be sure to go though. I hope they do.
I hope all future cold spells bypass us! It is just not fun to be outside!! Ok, whining over, for now anyway, lol.

Food can wait!
Old 01-07-2017, 05:39 PM   #57
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

How many days has he had it, do you know? Lindsey and Bowe both had TERRIBLE cold-type things. Somehow all the rest of us avoided it - even her nursing baby avoided it.
It was not the length of cold, though, and didn't start like a cold.
The head congestion, sneezing and then coughing were incredible.

And then like a light switch were gone.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:12 AM   #58
Lori_:)
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 223/174/160(?)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/1/13
Good Morning!

There are so many bugs going around this time of year. I had the stomach one and hope to not get the upper respiratory one too. At least the stomach one goes away fairly quickly. The ones that hang on for weeks really drag you down.

I got thru Week #1 of #walk1000miles. I ended the week with 20 miles. No rest for the weary as Week #2 starts today. It'll be treadmill again as the high today is to be 21.....just a bit too cold for me to venture out. Warming up later this week and I'm anxious to get back outside for my walks.

Have a good Sunday.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:56 AM   #59
CindyCRNA
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Lenny seems to be feeling better but I wish he ate better. Takes a few bites here and there. Seems more active. He has been sleeping with us at night so I think that gives him a mental break from brother. Off to a specialty store to find more foods that maybe will be a hit. Lewis is growing like a weed though!

My Avi is my horse Victor and me Heritage Park horse trials 5/16

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Hadel Briles
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:47 AM   #60
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Judy, that sounds like what he has. Sneezing, head congestion and then horrible coughing. His rib cage area is soooooo tender from all the coughing. Does that sound like what your family had? How long did it take to kick it?

Food can wait!