Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-03-2017, 11:31 AM   #31
Abigale
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: intermittent fasting
Start Date: January 2008
Grace, did you end up having bad weather. I have seen news casts of some damage at the Gulf Shores zoo in the town we lived in for 10 years. They say no animals were injured thank goodness. I have a brother and sister in law that live near Atlanta, They were in Marietta but have moved to Roswell I think.

Chris, I have ordered several things lately from netrition. I am lucky as they ship out of albany, ny and I live just a few hours away in New Hampshire. I have gotten several orders in 2 days! The last thing I ordered were the smart buns. Not bad at all.

Tammy, when I think back to the kids wedding and your daughter in law picking that darling poofy white dress I think she is your daughter. You always seemed so close to her. I still can't get my head around that you have a son and daughter in law. lol
Abigale is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2017, 11:42 AM   #32
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 217 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: starting over AGAIN
Crazy day, first day back to work after a long weekend.....

Welcome MrsVardy....no specific rules, we just hang out and support each other, you can share as much or as little as you wish!

Chris, your menu looks good!

Tony, hows your mediation practice going?? I think it's mighty impressive that you're 18 pounds lighter than you were 6 1/2 years ago....I sure wish I could say that!

Kal, I think your focus is very balanced!!

Grace, I looooove fat bombs!!! What's your raspberry concoction? That sounds good!!

Well kids, I'm down almost a full pound this morning....and shockingly I'm already in ketosis!! It used to be such a struggle for me to get into ketosis....when I told DH he was blown away, he couldn't remember my ever slipping into ketosis so easily.....I told him that I just simply went back to what I knew so well....and so far so good!! I know the first few pounds are just water.....but I'll take it....it's encouraging!!!!

I hope everyone is having a great day!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

231 225 215 210 200 195 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:46 AM   #33
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigale View Post
Tammy, when I think back to the kids wedding and your daughter in law picking that darling poofy white dress I think she is your daughter. You always seemed so close to her. I still can't get my head around that you have a son and daughter in law. lol
Abi, I have BOTH!! Yes, the wedding was my Daughter and Son-in-law....they're doing well, but no babies on the horizon for them yet...they're young and in no hurry! My Son and DIL are the proud parents of Sarah....gosh having grand-babies is great!! I'm firmly convinced that they are God's gift for not killing our kids when they're teenagers!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Old 01-03-2017, 12:15 PM   #34
Abigale
Major LCF Poster!

thank goodness Tammy I haven't totally lost my mind.
Old 01-03-2017, 01:00 PM   #35
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gibbs
Stats: 101#'s down, a few more to go
WOE: Stay below 20 carbs per day
Start Date: 7/12/16 for yet another time
Quote:

Chris, I have ordered several things lately from netrition. I am lucky as they ship out of albany, ny and I live just a few hours away in New Hampshire. I have gotten several orders in 2 days! The last thing I ordered were the smart buns. Not bad at all.
Two day shipping here too. I order on payday Friday and it comes Tuesday when the old man bowls. I never have to hear "do you really need all of that?"
Old 01-03-2017, 01:19 PM   #36
vli1127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: 243/235.2/175
WOE: Low Carb My Way
Start Date: Every day
Welcome MrsVardy and Hi Kal.

MrsVardy, there is nothing to do in this group but to make it for what you want it to be. We are very supportive and rambunctious at times. I consider the people here somewhat family. Although, Marilee is my aunt.

OK gang, I weighed in at work this morning for the challenge. Of course clothes, shoes and a full bladder along with my work pouch were included. 247.2 EGADS I weighed when I woke up an hour ago and naked (I know TMI) on my scale I was 243.

So, here is to starting over once again. Gibbs can you relate?? Gibbs, fertile?? Is there something you want to tell us? What type of job did you get?

Grace, I am going to start using my fitness tracker app to count carbs and such. Hoping that will help.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:15 PM   #37
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Grace1313
Stats: 236/188/175
WOE: Low Carb my way
Start Date: September 9th, 2016
Chris had a late lunch too. Two cheese sticks wrapped in salami and 28 almonds, cause they were in my car when I finally got a chance to eat. Not the cheese sticks, the almonds were in my car.
Abigale, I am about an hour and a half South of Atlanta. We had steady rain, some thunder and light wind. Thankfully nothing bad or damaging. Just a curl up with a book storm.
Tammy that is hysterical about our grandkids being our gift. I have a 3 year old granddaughter, a 4 year old son and a 30 year old daughter..Planning was not my strong point.
The raspberry fat bombs are, 1/2 cup raspberries, 1/4 cup each of cream cheese, & butter, 2 TBLS sweetener ( I used Splenda, but trying to switch to Monk fruit) 1 tsp vanilla. Make sure butter and cream cheese are soft. Blend it all together and freeze, well after you portion them out. I got 12 and they are right under a carb a piece. They keep better in the freezer than the fridge.
Tonight I am making a new cabbage casserole thing with bacon, sour cream and cheese. Now I'm hungry, going to start the casserole now.

" I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be, but by the grace of God, I am not what I once was". - John Newton

Reminder to myself: share the grace I have been so freely given.

For Cynthia: I need food to fuel my body, not my emotions!
Grace1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 03:05 PM   #38
vli1127
Major LCF Poster!

I didn't do too well after waking up today. 2 bananas with pnut butter and one piece of bread. Chicken thigh and green beans. I do have my lunch left from the one I packed yesterday at work. Tuna, salmon and crab salad in bell pepper halves and a couple of HB eggs and an apple to have on the way home tomorrow morning. Gradually easing back in.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:39 PM   #39
flatferenghi
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: flatferenghi
living on planet earth is STRESS to the nth +1 degree!

however, I am about to consume 1 of my 4 turkey wings plus a nice salad. then it is into the living room for some medieval music from the time of Charlemagne (8th century a.d.) Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:46 PM   #40
chrisboli54
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chrisboli54
Stats: 190/183.4/125
WOE: Semi-Atkins
Start Date: 12/27/2016
I'm in!

Hey Y'all,

I'm new to this forum but have received already so much help and encouragement. Thank you!! My goal for the blitz is 30 pounds!! I know we can all do this!! Happy New Years!!!
chrisboli54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:29 PM   #41
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Chrissy, yay glad you found it!

" I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be, but by the grace of God, I am not what I once was". - John Newton

Old 01-03-2017, 06:30 PM   #42
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post

So, here is to starting over once again. Gibbs can you relate?? Gibbs, fertile?? Is there something you want to tell us? What type of job did you get?
I wasn't diabetic, but both time I went low carb, I got pregnant. Doc said it was the lack of sugar that regulated me. And that was after being together 12 years and no birth control. But he's fixed now Since having my kids, I lc for a while, quit and gain more than I lost. Redundant for years and years. But now I'm back with a vengeance. And here's why...

This Saturday marks 2 years since I was fired from my last job. With fibromyalgia, the pain sucks, I got addicted to the pain meds. Not only did I get fired from making so many mistakes (night manager of a bowling alley), I totaled the old man's truck on the way home afterwards. The paramedics didn't expect me to make it. I didn't have a seat belt on, slid on the slick roads, hit the ditch, went airborne, and hit the trees. Being so high on pain meds and limber from not realizing what was happening is what saved me. The doctors were surprised I only ended up with 1 broken rib, plenty bruised ones, lots of bruising down my right side. My ankle hasn't been right since, and I'm too stubborn to get it checked out. Lots of depression, over eating. I finally got it together, took a year and a half to realize it.

The day of my interview is when it finally hit me, I'm gonna die early if I don't lose weight. I was shocked when the scale screamed 375! It still yells, just not as loud. Sunday's weigh-in was 311.

I'm now the senior accountant at a medical facility that helps those on Social Security or no insurance at all. To be honest, my clients are mentally challenged and some are down right nutz! But if they are on Social Security and Social Security says they need someone to monitor their money, that's me. I have 68 clients, I make sure their monthly bills are paid, rent, utilities, food, in that order. Then perks like cable, internet, even cigarettes. And I cannot imagine having to live on $735 a month! But they manage. And I love my job!

That about sums me up. If you made it this far, I'm impressed!

(And ignore all of the typos! I'm too tired to proofread. G'night!)
Old 01-03-2017, 07:35 PM   #43
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Chris, you always amaze me your stick to it attitude, even through the holidays. Just wow what you've been through.
Kudos on making such major life changes and I'm glad you like your job.
Glad your still here!

Old 01-03-2017, 07:47 PM   #44
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, it can be hard to get back in the swing of things for sure.....but we can do this!!!

Chrissy, welcome.....the more the merrier!

Chris, Wow.....that's amazing!!! I echo Grace.....glad you're here!!!! One the properties I manage is an apartment community that is specifically for low income households.....I have A LOT of residents who live on the $735 monthly social security check.....if it weren't for places like my community I have no idea how'd they'd live!!

Well, day 2 in the books.....it went well, I managed to eat on plan.....I'm getting my macros dialed back in! I need to make a batch of fat bombs to have around....I will try to accomplish that tomorrow .....

G'Nite everyone, talk to you tomorrow!

Old 01-04-2017, 04:47 AM   #45
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all. I have the day off and got the pleasure of sleeping in until 6:30. And that is sleeping in for me.
Today is baking day. I will be making my pizza crust, flaxseed bread, as well as a new bread. I still have biscuits in the freezer. I am debating on a new SF cupcake recipe. Baking cupcakes was a thing for me before starting my WOE. I miss it, but always gave the cupcakes to co workers or my DFs AA group. Not sure how much they will like LC cupcakes.
Heading to Tuesday Mornings to look for new spices and goodies.
DS is back to school today, and was mad he had to wash his hair, apparently that is not what a bath is for. The wisdom of a 4 year old.
Hope everyone has a great day!!

Old 01-04-2017, 06:02 AM   #46
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

I'm afraid to go home! When I left this morning, the mutt was on his 5th trip outside and had a gurgling stomach. Loud. And being a 130# black lab, he doesn't leave little piles. Please don't let there be poo all over the house!!!

Grace, explain your pizza crust please. My usual has somehow failed the last few times.

This building we're in is something else. The front elevator doesn't work half the time, and I've been stuck in it! The back elevator doesn't stop at my floor. Where my cubicle is, it's only 2 floors and the roof leaks. Bad. The other part of the building is 6 floors, we're on 2,3,4, with 5&6 completely empty. The bank takes up the 1st, both old and new part of the building. And this place was built in 70. Wanna be creeped out? Google Richmond Indiana April 6, 1968. I'm at the other end of the block where it all started.

I guess I'd better get back to work!
Old 01-04-2017, 07:23 AM   #47
MrsVardy
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsVardy
Stats: 269.6/258.6/190
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/1/2017
Hi everyone - thank you for letting me join. My goal for the Blitz challenge is 25 pounds.
MrsVardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:26 AM   #48
Abigale
Major LCF Poster!

Chris, what a worthwhile job to keep these folks heads above water. That is amazing you survived that accident. I laughed at how you order your netritions order to time it so DH can't fuss at you!

Welcome Chrissy! Best of luck losing those 30 pounds. We know you can do it!

Vicki,how long a lunch break are you allowed and do they let you take a couple of short breaks too?

Grace, I am also curious about your pizza crust!

Tammy, I keep looking at your profile photo. You look fantastic and that little girl is just precious!

Tony, you and FF are really outnumbered now! lol

FF, is there really much meat on a turkey wing? I think I would have to eat all 4!

Welcome Mrs.Vardy! Pick a plan you can live with and come back and chat with us every day! The more the merrier.

Kal, good luck with the new gym and low carb whole 30 plan.

Last edited by Abigale; 01-04-2017 at 07:28 AM..
Old 01-04-2017, 08:24 AM   #49
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!!!

Grace, yes please share the pizza crust...that sounds terrific! If you miss cupcakes, I'll bet you'd like the cream cheese muffins....have you tried them? They're remarkably good and quite simple.

Chris, I hope your puppy is ok.....I would NOT want to go home to that either!!

Abi, you're such a sweetie!!! Sarah is definitely the light of our world!! Here's a couple of pics....she LOVES her kitty and she's quite a Papa's girl!! She's so funny too...she LOVES to take selfies....the minute she see's a phone, she wants to start taking pictures and she absolutely poses!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sarah.jpg (36.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Sarah & Papa.jpg (16.0 KB, 12 views)

Old 01-04-2017, 08:48 AM   #50
Abigale
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy, those photo of Sarah are so cute! What a nice kitty to just lay there as Sarah's pillow!
Old 01-04-2017, 09:01 AM   #51
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Tammy, those photo of Sarah are so cute! What a nice kitty to just lay there as Sarah's pillow!
Abi, that cat ADORES her....he's so sweet and patient....he lets her pull on him and tug his ears....he just wants to snuggle with her!! They have another cat who loves her as well, but she's not as willing to be pulled at...but she is a total mama cat and watches over Sarah like a hawk, especially when she's sleeping!

Old 01-04-2017, 09:02 AM   #52
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Abi, you have a GORGEOUS family, I love your pic....are you in that picture???

Old 01-04-2017, 09:16 AM   #53
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Well wasn't that interesting. Hiding in an office on lockdown from a bat crap crazy client here threatening the building. But all is well. The cops were called, the boss calmed him down. The whole time I'm thinking just taze (sp?) his butt and get him out. But our motto is to treat the mind, body, and soul.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:41 AM   #54
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbs View Post
Well wasn't that interesting. Hiding in an office on lockdown from a bat crap crazy client here threatening the building. But all is well. The cops were called, the boss calmed him down. The whole time I'm thinking just taze (sp?) his butt and get him out. But our motto is to treat the mind, body, and soul.
So the taser would be treating the body..Right?
Glad everything turned out OK.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:03 AM   #55
vli1127
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Chrissy, glad you found us.

MrsVardy, that sounds like a reasonable goal. Let us know your plan. Mine is always changing, I never follow any particular one.

Chris, wow, you have been through a lot. Thanks for sharing. You are heading in the right direction despite the number on the scale.

Grace, I have a fave focaccia bread recipe I make using flax seed and some muffin recipes. I still have some in the freezer, thanks for the reminder.

Tammy, YEA day 2 is in the books for you. Cute granddaughter pic too.

Tony, as a labor and delivery nurse, my break comes, if I get one, on my own time and length is determined on how busy I am. Last night, I got half an hour.

I made it through work last night eating only what I took in my lunch!!! That is an accomplishment. It will be 24 hours around 6 tonight and I plan on making it. I don't work tonight and got up half an hour ago. I need to go get groceries but with the temp around 10, it is hard to get going.

Supper tonight is cream of broccoli soup from the Wheat Belly Cookbook, yummy.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:15 AM   #56
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace1313 View Post
So the taser would be treating the body..Right?
Exactly!
Old 01-04-2017, 10:19 AM   #57
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Broccoli soup sounds good!
Old 01-04-2017, 01:35 PM   #58
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Vicki focaccia bread. Yum!
Tammy I need to try the cream cheese muffins, thanks for telling me about them. Your granddaughter is adorable.
The new bread turned out really tasty. I also bought a French press today. I didn't think I could love coffee more, but I can. I like STRONG coffee. This made it with a good strong flavor and no bitterness.
The pizza crust recipe I use is MsWoods pork rinds crust. I have made almond flour crusts, coconut flour crusts, almond/ Flax crust. They've all been pretty good. However the pork rinds crust is my staple as it is cheap and so low carb. I am stingy with my almond flour and carb budget. I use it as a base for tacos, Philly cheese steak, pizza you name it. It may sound odd, but tastes good. My 4 year old will eat it plain. He calls it his pizza bread.
ABI, I was wondering too if you're in your Avi pic.
Hi MrsVardy I hope you like it here.
Posting a bread pic and of the goodies I found at Tuesday Mornings today..On Wednesday Had a full blown panic attack while I was there, that hasn't happened in awhile. The LC WOE seems to help my panic/anxiety issues.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170104_144454_534.jpg (17.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170104_121351.jpg (22.9 KB, 10 views)

Old 01-04-2017, 02:10 PM   #59
Gibby
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 359.4/181.8/150
WOE: Gastric Bypass on 1.25.16
Start Date: 1.25.16
Welcome Mrs. Vardy!!!! Looks like we are neighbors...

I have to get caught up on posts...I love the activity.

Tammy, I had my bypass 1/26/16 - almost a year ago. It was getting difficult for me to walk with my arthritic knees and my ortho said my future was bleak and he wouldn't do knee replacement surgery with my eight what it was so "drastic times called for drastic measures". I'm very happy with my success (see updated stats ) but it hasn't been easy.

Went to appointment yesterday and they are happy with my progress but I don't drink enough water or excercise so I was talked to about that. Unfortunately, my sister was there so she is going to dog me..

Need to get some things done but I promise to read everything and post more often.

TTFN
Old 01-04-2017, 02:12 PM   #60
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbs View Post
Taze his butt!! It's only funny because I've had SO MANY of these people....usually after I've had to go to court to evict them......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace1313 View Post
Oh Vicki focaccia bread. Yum!
Tammy I need to try the cream cheese muffins, thanks for telling me about them. Your granddaughter is adorable.
The new bread turned out really tasty. I also bought a French press today. I didn't think I could love coffee more, but I can. I like STRONG coffee. This made it with a good strong flavor and no bitterness.
The pizza crust recipe I use is MsWoods pork rinds crust. I have made almond flour crusts, coconut flour crusts, almond/ Flax crust. They've all been pretty good. However the pork rinds crust is my staple as it is cheap and so low carb. I am stingy with my almond flour and carb budget. I use it as a base for tacos, Philly cheese steak, pizza you name it. It may sound odd, but tastes good. My 4 year old will eat it plain. He calls it his pizza bread.
ABI, I was wondering too if you're in your Avi pic.
Hi MrsVardy I hope you like it here.
Posting a bread pic and of the goodies I found at Tuesday Mornings today..On Wednesday Had a full blown panic attack while I was there, that hasn't happened in awhile. The LC WOE seems to help my panic/anxiety issues.
That bread looks A-MAZ-ING......please share that recipe!!!

Vicki, cream of broccoli soup sounds so good!!!

You know, it really is amazing how many wonderful foods we DO get to indulge in.....

So far so good today....I'm not having nearly the carb withdrawl I was having yesterday, and my energy has been much more stable....I've got to run to the store to pick up a few fat bomb items, then I think tonight I'll be trying some new yummy things!!