Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-06-2017, 04:07 AM   #91
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Grace1313
Stats: 236/188/175
WOE: Low Carb my way
Start Date: September 9th, 2016
Morning all. If work makes me kill my hours I will only be there a few hours. If they let me have 40 I will be there all day. Breakfast. Keto coffee. Lunch and dinner tbd. Have a great Friday all.

" I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be, but by the grace of God, I am not what I once was". - John Newton

Reminder to myself: share the grace I have been so freely given.

For Cynthia: I need food to fuel my body, not my emotions!
Grace1313 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2017, 06:17 AM   #92
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gibbs
Stats: 94#'s down, lots more to go
WOE: Stay below 20 carbs per day
Start Date: 7/12/16 for yet another time
Holy Snot-cicles! It's 52° in here! "Parts have been ordered" for the heating. Didn't they just replace parts last week when it happened!!
Old 01-06-2017, 08:21 AM   #93
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 217 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: starting over AGAIN
Good morning all!

Tony, Jibbywibby!! That's adorable. When my DIL was pregnant with Sarah I always referred to the baby as "The Bump" ....then soon everyone was calling her the Bump! Once she was born DH nicknamed her "Super" and that stuck, now she responds to being called Super, as readily as does being called Sarah!

Grace, how do you make the chocolate crunch fat bombs?? Those sound really good and I ALWAYS have pork rinds on hand these days!

Chris, I think 52 degrees INSIDE is perfect justification for closing the office....just saying!!!!

Vicki, love the new avi!

Well kids, I have 4 full days in the books, and I'm feeling good!! I'm down a total of 2 pounds already, hunger is starting to subside, and energy is good! I went to bed with a terrible headache and figured I'd sleep it off, but still had it when I woke up! By the time I had some coffee, showered and finished getting ready for work it had subsided though....thank heavens! I had buttered coffee and a hard boiled egg for Breakfast, lunch will likely be a salad as I'm meeting a couple of co-workers for an impromptu meeting. Dinner is TBD because DH wants to leave as soon as I get home to head up to our land for the weekend, and that's a two hour drive. I'll have to stock up on groceries for the weekend, but that'll be easy because we usually grill almost all of our meals when we're out there.

Happy Friday, have a GREAT day!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

231 225 215 210 200 195 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:51 AM   #94
chrisboli54
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: chrisboli54
Stats: 190/183.4/125
WOE: Semi-Atkins
Start Date: 12/27/2016
Yes, please send recipes for fat bombs. Can't wait to make and try some!! Cold here in TX! 22 degrees and snowing. Whhaaatt??
chrisboli54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:55 AM   #95
Abigale
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Hey Blitzers!

Going to have to work tonight and they said probably the next two Friday nights. My work week goes Sunday night through Thursday night. Glad I had New Years off or I would really be exhausted right now.

FF, I can just imagine the Chernobyl turkey wings!

Marilee, you look fantastic. Now we just need to get you some clothes that fit you!

Tammy and Grace, I am in the avi picture. I'm the short one with the black sweater on. 4 of the kids in front are my grandkids, our daughter is the blond behind me and DH is next to her. Son in law is far left. This was taken in may when gd in very front graduated from high school. Her older sister in front of me will graduated from college this May.

Tony, love that photo of you and Amadora eating the corn on the cob. I remember when you posted that before. Not sure if I knew you said Emmy was having a boy next. What a great family!

Vicki, I guess when those babies decide to be born the breaks get put on the back burner! It is 29 here right now but I just went out to get a load of wood and it feels a lot colder than that.

Gibbs, glad the incident at work had a good ending with no one getting hurt. Pretty scary stuff going on out there now.

Mrs Vardy, nice photo of you. How is going today?

Kal, so sorry the muscles are hurting so much. Hope you are starting to feel better!

Sarah, I heard Alabama was having snow today. Maybe they could send some your way. They are posting photos of bread and milk. lol The high winds that went through our old town in Gulf Shores the other night did some damage to one of the best restaurants The Oyster House and also the Zoo. They had that on national news. Fortunately the animals were all fine.

Chrissy, did you get much snow in Texas? Hope you also had plenty of bread and milk before the shelves were emptied! lol

Have a great Friday night everyone!

Last edited by Abigale; 01-06-2017 at 10:58 AM..
Abigale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 12:17 PM   #96
Avocado
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avocado
Stats: 270/223/202
WOE: LC: Sept 2016
Start Date: Oct 2015
Ok, I'm in. Don't know what I'm in, but Grace keeps yakking about this thread in the Lobby, so I thought I'd check it out. What is it, some kind if challenge or just a thread? Skimmed through the first page, but haven't read much more. Looking forward to getting to know a few more low carbers. As for vitals, male, 51, almost as good looking as Tony8, and similar max weight. Restarted low carbing in September after a decade of trying to get low calorie to stick. Hoping this will be a lifetime change and plan.

226 225 224 . 223 222 221:220 219 218 . 217 216 215 214 213. 212 211 210 ... by 20 July

Avocado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:11 PM   #97
vli1127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: 243/235.2/175
WOE: Low Carb My Way
Start Date: Every day
Avocado, You are in an amazing group of people who support each other regardless of their current weight loss journey. We have all had our ups and downs during this process. Abs, Tony and ff (when his computer is working well) are very consistent with their posts. In fact, I think ff started this blitz group. Marilee, my aunt, and I unfortunately, are seasonal posters. Meaning, when we are doing well we post more frequently, when not so well, we don't. Although that seems backwards.

Grace - Is your name Cynthia as in your siggy? I would like the link to the Fat Bomb site too, especially to get the recipe for the chocolate crunch bomb. I must have missed it, what surgery is in your future?

Sara - back. We Iowans joke about you Floridians and the cold 50 degree weather. When our football team was in Tampa for the Outback Bowl, there was mention of how the Iowans were in shorts and laying on the beach in the 60 degree weather but the Tampa fans were bundled up in winter gear.

Tony - You must have changed your avatar, very cute pic. I am glad I am not the only one to splurge on corn on the cob in the summer.

Chris - When did you work night shift and what type of job? I am a returning staff nurse after taking early retirement a year and a half ago as a nursing instructor. I too wake up around 430 to start my day when on "day shift". I live in a town with an awesome park similar to what you describe. I am not sure how many acres, but many picnic spots, softball diamonds, swimming pool and tennis courts. We live not too far from a State Park that is awesome. However, a few days ago, a man fell to his death hiking in an area that had an overlook over the river. He slipped off the rock while trying to take a pic. Snot-cicles LOL

Tammy - 4 days is awesome, We could get our gas grill out but we usually put it away for the winter. I miss grilling this time of year.

Chrissy - What part of the country do you live that it is 22 degrees. I suspect that is colder than normal.

I have made it through day 2-3. Hard to determine when on nights. I don't work again until Monday night. I will be flipping my sleep schedule over the weekend.

I looked up the peanut butter cup fat bomb recipe and want to make it over the weekend when I get compliant peanut butter. I am also going to make the pork rind pizza crust and make pizza too.

Tonight is roast with layered salad. I had BPC, HB eggs and cheese upon awakening at around noon. I also made it through last night at work. There were Insomnia Cookies on the break table from a patient that I walked past several times. I even opened the box to get a whiff but quickly closed the lid and walked away.

My avatar - I think is kind of funny and I used the same one for my FB profile pic. However, today I received a text from my DIL asking that I change is since a snowman hanging himself is wrong. Maybe she knows someone who has committed suicide and the pic is a reminder? I changed it.

TTYL

Last edited by vli1127; 01-06-2017 at 02:13 PM..
vli1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:34 PM   #98
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki, I was inventory at the local hospital, yell at me when low on supplies! Then I was warehouse clerk at a food distribution warehouse, anything coming and going I kept track of, basically keep the trucks moving with the proper products. The best part of that job, you could buy whatever was stored there. Cheaper than the store, but only sold by the case. From 1992 to 2015 I was nights.
Old 01-06-2017, 03:19 PM   #99
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Avo, I am a yakker..And glad you joined. The challange part is up to you, what you want to achieve. We are all just here to support each other and have some fun in the process.
Everyone, Avo is very intelligent and poses some good questions and has good advice also. I think you will bring lot to this already amazing group Avo.
The peanut butter cup fat bomb is great. I will post the crunchy one.
To muddy up the mix, my name is Rebecca Lynn. I go by Lynn though. Grace is how I try to live my life.. When much grace has been received.. .Much should be given. I will answer to any of the three though, lol.
Cynthia is one of my journal buddies. When I said that about food/ fuel, she said she wanted that for her epithet. I would rather see it on the siggy then her epithet.
ABI, beautiful family!
Surgery will be the repair of my 2 hideously huge hernias babies.The surgeon wouldn't do surgery until I lost weight. He was my stand by surgeon when I was hospitalized with Diverticulitis this past August. I really like him. He started this whole healthy WOE for me.
Hmm, Vicki I have seen some pretty horrendous pics out there. I thought the snowman was funny.

" I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be, but by the grace of God, I am not what I once was". - John Newton

Last edited by Grace1313; 01-06-2017 at 03:23 PM.. Reason: Because I can't type!!
Old 01-06-2017, 04:12 PM   #100
vli1127
Major LCF Poster!

Lynn, I love what you said about Grace. Thanks for the reminder.

I looked up several recipes for Fat Bombs on Pinterest and created a new board. The chocolate crunch one wasn't found. But, that doesn't mean that it hasn't been pinned.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:58 PM   #101
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Too funny, cause Gibbs has nothing to do with my name either! It's Coach Gibbs from my Redskins. And my middle name...Lyn

Dinner was O'Charleys, 12 ounce Louisiana sirloin, asparagus, side salad with ranch (gave the tomatoes and croutons to the old man and didn't even eat it all). I asked for a hair under medium-well, and got very well. And I don't ever waste food at a restaurant unless something is seriously wrong with it. It was still good.

Now off to the grocery, the big one, to see what lc goodies I can find...
Old 01-06-2017, 05:41 PM   #102
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vli1127 View Post
Lynn, I love what you said about Grace. Thanks for the reminder.

I looked up several recipes for Fat Bombs on Pinterest and created a new board. The chocolate crunch one wasn't found. But, that doesn't mean that it hasn't been pinned.
Vicki that's where I found it. I have a fat bomb board.

Gibbs/Grace ...Chris/Lynn it's all good. I always thought it was Gibbs for NCIS Gibbs.

Nestle crunch fat bombs from Wheat free bliss
1/2 cup each of coconut oil and butter
2 TBLS baking cocoa
Dash of Himalayan or sea salt
1/4 cup lightly crushed pork rinds
10 to 15 drops of liquid sweetener
1/4 tsp coffee extract
Melt butter and CO on stove or microwave, once melted mix in cocoa, sweetener, salt and extract
Then put in the fridge for 10 minutes or until the mixture is cool to the touch.
Then you add the pork rinds, put in your molds and freeze.
Apparently if you add the pork rinds when it's hot, they will lose their crunch.

Last edited by Grace1313; 01-06-2017 at 05:46 PM..
Old 01-06-2017, 06:09 PM   #103
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

I love NCIS!

Get this! We stopped at the electronic store to pay on the TV the old man recently bought, he comes out with a new one for the bedroom now. And we never did stop for groceries!
Old 01-06-2017, 06:20 PM   #104
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

OOHHHH! The crazy guy that threatened the building the other day at work. He was sent to the wrong hospital, ended up in Indianapolis, and used his only phone call to call our lady at the front desk to threaten her. Her name is also Krista, just with a K instead. I hope he doesn't come back looking for a Christa/Krista!!
Old 01-07-2017, 12:38 AM   #105
flatferenghi
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: flatferenghi
go ahead with your sleeping, HEWMONS!

GOT A TOUCH OF INSOMNIA. I am not gonna lose any sleep over it, though (ha, ha) looking fwd to the next 2 days. it's gonna be frigid here, in the big apple for the next 2 days. yum, yum. in a few hours, I will be at SHOPRITE, more for exercise, than shopping. however, I will be making a few necessary purchases, such as my fave lubricant-oil of OY VEH!!! Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:13 AM   #106
Avocado
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avocado
Stats: 270/223/202
WOE: LC: Sept 2016
Start Date: Oct 2015
Thanks for the welcome Vicki, and Becky with the long hair (the yakker)! This thread seems pretty fast paced compared to the Lobby - hope I can keep up ! My personal 31 March challenge/goal happens to be kilowonederland. Would love to break 100kg (220 lbs) and be in the 99's. That's 12 lbs from now, a mere 4lbs per month, but it's been going slow lately. Hopefully, now that I've joined this thread, it will go supersonic!

226 225 224 . 223 222 221:220 219 218 . 217 216 215 214 213. 212 211 210 ... by 20 July

Avocado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:52 AM   #107
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

4 each month I'd doable! I'm shooting for 10 pounds each month, but I still have 120 I want gone

I too didn't sleep well last night, up around 2am, but wasn't getting out of the warm bed!

Coffee and 3 sausage links so far, not sure on the rest of the day. I need to go grocery shopping. I'd better make a list! I'm thinking lunch for next week at work will be some sort of cheesy chicken and spinach in the crock pot. I really hate shopping!

And my Netrition will be here Tuesday, so breakfast for the rest of the week will be bagels!

I need motivation to clean the fridge out!
Old 01-07-2017, 07:25 AM   #108
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

I need to learn to proofread!! "I'd doable" sounds sooo wrong
Old 01-07-2017, 07:55 AM   #109
tony8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/224.4/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
hi guys, i was once considered a prolific poster, but now i look like a slacker next to all of you!...hahaha...i'm happy about it though!...love reading about all of your antics and menus...

chris, you are a piece of work - in a good way - if i was sitting in a park eating a hardees lc bowl, i'd probably end up the local police watch list...hahaha

vicki, i think your avi is funny too, but you made a good choice changing it for dil - i know you know what i mean! btw, corn on the cob is one of my favorite foods in the world!

avocado, good to have another guy in the group...these beautiful women are wearing ff out!...i'm still hanging in there though...LOL...

tammy, funny story about the "bump"...that's so cute!...so, your son and dil live in the rv on your land - do you stay with them in the rv when you go up there?

good to see you sara...will you see your boy again in march before he deploys?

lynn, thanks for the compliment...we are a pretty eclectic and intelligent group, unless you catch us in a weak moment raiding the refrigerator at 10 p.m....hahahahahahaha

boli, 22 degrees in texas???...omg, what part of texas are you in?

abi, i'm sorry to hear you will be working friday nights - sheesh...we have more ice here than snow...how about you?

for got to weigh in yesterday as i had an early mediation, and i've decided to skip it til next friday...we had the babies last night so i will be getting my exercise in ways other than the gym today!

here's a pic from my daughter's wedding a few years ago...dw, sil, dd and me at about 225, which is a little less than i am now, but i have been gyming it for the 3 years since, so i'm not quite as fat...hahaha...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1017715_10100738400276831_486755103_n.jpg (64.2 KB, 14 views)

272 271 270 269 268 267 266 265 264 263 262 261 260 259 258 257 256 255 254 253 252 251 250 249 248 247 246 245 244 243
242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214
213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185

Last edited by tony8; 01-07-2017 at 08:00 AM..
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:12 AM   #110
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning kids!!

Welcome Avo, this is GREAT group, I've been with them off and on for at least 5 years......more off than on lately and that was a mistake on my part....I do SO MUCH BETTER when I'm connected here with these wonderful folks!

Chris & FF, must have been something in the air last night because I slept very poorly as well! I really hate that because lack of sleep really causes a fibro flare up that I don't need! Tonight I will make sure I sleep well!

Hey Chris, who needs groceries when you have another new TV???

Lynn, I'm totally going to try that chocolate crunch bomb, that looks good....and easy!

Abi, I had a feeling that was you.......you're gorgeous!!! It's so nice to be able to put a face with a name!!

Vicki, I'm going to have to check your fat bomb board on Pinterest!!

Well, it's the weekend!! We made it up to our land (we call it the ranch) last night, had a late dinner with the kids, played with the grand baby......we love the weekends! I don't have scales in the RV, so no weighing until Sunday evening.....or Monday morning.....I tend to be a daily weigher, keeps me motivated, but that's ok.....I'll stay on track.

Have a great day everyone!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Old 01-07-2017, 08:21 AM   #111
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
hi guys, i was once considered a prolific poster, but now i look like a slacker next to all of you!...hahaha...i'm happy about it though!...love reading about all of your antics and menus...

chris, you are a piece of work - in a good way - if i was sitting in a park eating a hardees lc bowl, i'd probably end up the local police watch list...hahaha

vicki, i think your avi is funny too, but you made a good choice changing it for dil - i know you know what i mean! btw, corn on the cob is one of my favorite foods in the world!

avocado, good to have another guy in the group...these beautiful women are wearing ff out!...i'm still hanging in there though...LOL...

tammy, funny story about the "bump"...that's so cute!...so, your son and dil live in the rv on your land - do you stay with them in the rv when you go up there?

good to see you sara...will you see your boy again in march before he deploys?

lynn, thanks for the compliment...we are a pretty eclectic and intelligent group, unless you catch us in a weak moment raiding the refrigerator at 10 p.m....hahahahahahaha

boli, 22 degrees in texas???...omg, what part of texas are you in?

abi, i'm sorry to hear you will be working friday nights - sheesh...we have more ice here than snow...how about you?

for got to weigh in yesterday as i had an early mediation, and i've decided to skip it til next friday...we had the babies last night so i will be getting my exercise in ways other than the gym today!

here's a pic from my daughter's wedding a few years ago...dw, sil, dd and me at about 225, which is a little less than i am now, but i have been gyming it for the 3 years since, so i'm not quite as fat...hahaha...
Hey Tony, that is a great pic!!! If I recall right, you and DW have been married as long or just a little longer than DH and I?!?! In answer to your question, son and DIL have their own rig, they have a nice big 5th wheel. We're all planning to build in the next year or so......with 20 acres we have enough room for everyone to build whatever they wish! DD and her hubby don't live here, but if they ever choose to there is plenty of room for them too!!!

Old 01-07-2017, 08:56 AM   #112
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy, I so understand about the fibro flare ups!!
Old 01-07-2017, 09:39 AM   #113
vli1127
Major LCF Poster!

Lynn, thanks for the fat bomb recipe.

Today, going to stock up on LC stuff that I don't already have. It is a beautiful morning here and it is above 0 for a change LOL.

Marilee sent another pic taken from her appt and sent to family, she looks great.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:32 AM   #114
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

I need Pinterest names so I can follow!!
That is all..for now.

At work will catch up later.

Old 01-07-2017, 10:50 AM   #115
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

I'm there under my name; Tammy Miles

Old 01-07-2017, 11:41 AM   #116
tony8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tony8
Stats: At my heaviest: 272 Since 4/7/10: 245/224.4/185
WOE: my own - low carb - low cal - low fat
Start Date: April 7, 2010
aside from not having any idea what having a pinterest page involves, if you have to be interesting to qualify, i think i would be disqualified...

272 271 270 269 268 267 266 265 264 263 262 261 260 259 258 257 256 255 254 253 252 251 250 249 248 247 246 245 244 243
242 241 240 239 238 237 236 235 234 233 232 231 230 229 228 227 226 225 224 223 222 221 220 219 218 217 216 215 214
213 212 211 210 209 208 207 206 205 204 203 202 201 200 199 198 197 196 195 194 193 192 191 190 189 188 187 186 185
tony8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:07 PM   #117
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony8 View Post
aside from not having any idea what having a pinterest page involves, if you have to be interesting to qualify, i think i would be disqualified...
It's just a site where you can find any interest under the sun and save it on your boards. An electronic bulletin board, so to speak. With unlimited resources and space, though. I collect recipes.

Thanks Tammy, I will find you on there.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:08 PM   #118
vli1127
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki Schaeffer is my Pinterest name.

I tried the pork rind pizza crust tonight. I tripled the recipe and patted it into a small jelly roll pan. Hubby and I had 3 pieces and there is some left over. I topped with half can of tomato sauce seasoned with Tones Pizza seasoning, chopped onion, mushrooms, green and red pepper strips, green and black olives and pepperoni topped with Italian blend shredded cheese. It was yummy.

I bought peanut butter and almond butter but forgot the chocolate bars for fat bombs. I can use baking cocoa instead or run to the store for chocolate tomorrow. I did buy some silicone molds at JoAnn fabric, so I will be whipping those out tomorrow.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:24 PM   #119
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

It's been a rough day. Emotionally. Of course I behaved with the food. Even bought me a $305.68 food processor! I told my sister that and she immediately asked if it wiped my butt for that price. I only went to Wal-Mart for a food processor. An entire cart full of all sorts of goodies. Plus the weeks worth of food for the family. Bath towels, door knob for the front door, new shoes.

My 2 teenage boys somehow turned into 4 for the night. They're all, plus the old man, playing golf at the moment on the Xbox. I'm in the front room listening to SiriusXM, the 70's for now.

I have the munchies this evening. Ham wrapped cheese, half a pickle, gotta quit though, tomorrow is weigh in for me.

I think I'm gonna take a hot shower, I haven't warmed up since yesterday at the cold office!
Old 01-07-2017, 06:46 PM   #120
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki that pizza sounds so good.
Chris was your sister right!?! I didn't even know Walmart sold a 300 dollar food processor, and I work there! As long as it makes you happy and you can use it good for you! How's the new TV? Sorry you're having a rough day. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

Work was long today and tonight has not been the greatest night. I did have an awesome dinner, though. Chili dog casserole.. Omgosh!! So happy will be leftovers for tomorrow.