Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-07-2017, 08:15 PM   #121
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Grace1313
Stats: 236/188/175
WOE: Low Carb my way
Start Date: September 9th, 2016
I found you ladies, I think, I hope or I am now following random strangers who eat keto/LC..So that's still OK.
I want to go to bed, just so I can get up to have more Keto coffee made in my new French press, which is not good for my coffee addiction. But I don't care.. Cause it's coffee in a French press and it has no CARBS!!

" I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be, but by the grace of God, I am not what I once was". - John Newton

Reminder to myself: share the grace I have been so freely given.

For Cynthia: I need food to fuel my body, not my emotions!
Grace1313 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2017, 04:04 AM   #122
Abigale
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Welcome Avocado! After trying low calorie many times I have always had the best results with low carb. You definitely can eat more so no need to be hungry and they are always coming up with new recipes that help keep us focused.

I tried a new recipe for a biscuit this morning. They had a photo that looked like a biscuit which I knew was not true but tried the recipe anyway. It had coconut flour, flax meal, an egg, some butter, baking powder, dash of salt and you microwave it. They said for one minute but I had to nuke again. It was very similar to Linda Sue's english muffin variation (http://genaw.com/lowcarb/lc_english_muffin2.html) and was not bad, especially with butter on it. Very filling of course.

If you are not familiar with Linda Sue's low carb recipes they are all very good. http://genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

Grace, chili dog casserole sounds really good!

Chris, it has been so cold here in New Hampshire too. The dog and two cats are all in front of the wood stove right now! It is 7 degrees at 6am.

Tammy, thanks for the compliment. I'm not really but it sounds good.

Tony, I knew you would be sad I have to work 6 nights for awhile. Our drive is a skating rink again. I can't walk down for the mail, just have to drive up close to the mailbox before I swing into the drive.

Will check back later . Have a great day Blitzers!

Last edited by Abigale; 01-08-2017 at 04:05 AM..
Abigale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:14 AM   #123
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

ABI, you and your whole family are just lovely.
The casserole was very good. I did the chili in the Instapot, so was a quick and easy meal.
I will have to try that muffin, I am a sucker for anything Flax.
Going to browse through Linda Sue's recipes, thank you for the link.

" I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be, but by the grace of God, I am not what I once was". - John Newton

Old 01-08-2017, 07:13 AM   #124
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks built in, internal alarm clock. My day off and still couldn't sleep in. DS is having a nice lie in though. One pot of coffee and laundry done. A kazillion recipes reviewed this morning. Dog fed an out, made sure car started. Umm weigh done think I'm down 2, but of the 101 step on's and offs I lost somewhere between 1 to 3 pounds or gained 10.That was my exercise for the day! I am going with the 2 lb loss as it was the most consistent number and was supported by the old no fancy scales.Back to pre holiday weight and 9 to go now for see the surgeon date.

Random thing here. Michu Meszaros died, he was the man who wore the ALF costume, not the voice. Was just surprised that the site I read about his death..Posted the picture of ALF, not the man, not even a split shot. It was like he was more than a costume couldn't you have given him something Alf didnt die, a real human being did !?!

Old 01-08-2017, 08:11 AM   #125
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gibbs
Stats: 375/263/199 or less
WOE: Stay below 20 carbs per day
Start Date: 7/12/16 for yet another time
Gilligan died too. Although I kinda thought he already had.

Oops, I wasn't finished posting!

I've made a LOT of Linda Sue's recipe. My favorite is the deep dish pizza crust!! I love how she adds comments of what exactly she did to improve them.

I gained 2# for today's weigh in, but Mother Nature is here. Sorry men! I knew I couldn't go until the first of each month without weighing

Todays menu is bacon, sausage links, eggs. Whenever the house full of teenagers wake up. Both kids had friends over. They were up until about 4, so I'm not waiting for them to wake up!!

Lunch will be leftover Mexican, dinner probably a sandwich, ham and cheese with lettuce, onion, mayo, and a Claussen kosher dill on the side. I love those pickles!

And for Pinterest, I'm Christa Robbins Ison. Pronounced EYE-son, which is why I give my pets names like the mutt is Chocolate Moose, the cat was Peanut ButterCup. Don't worry, I didn't do that to the kids I almost brought a friend's cat home last week, his name is Sir Waffles, I told her I'd have to add With, Sir Waffles With Ison. I'm really not as crazy as I sound, I swear!!!

I'm gonna fix breakfast now. Later!

Last edited by Gibbs; 01-08-2017 at 08:25 AM..
Gibbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:12 PM   #126
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 217 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: starting over AGAIN
Good morning all,

Happy Sunday!!!!

Abi, you ARE beautiful, inside and out! hey, do you and DH still have breakfast with your favorite waitress after church???

Lynn, yup, you found me on Pinterest!! that is sad that Michu died.....and they post a picture of ALF!!! Ironic though, just last week or so we saw a couple of old reruns of ALF.....it was a cute show. Congrats on the loss, you're doing great!

Chris, Bob Denver (Gilligan) died in 2005.....so you're right thinking he died a while ago! I love the name Sir Waffles!! we once had a dog named after my kids favorite show at that time which was Buffy the Vampire slayer....so the dog was named Buffy the Dog bone slayer!

Well kids, I have managed to be VERY good and stay on plan.....despite the fact that everyone was having wine and chocolate last night.....and I do love me some wine & chocolate!!!! I was strong though and I resisted!! I'm hoping that I'm rewarded for my diligence with a nice whoosh.

I hope everyone is having a great day!!

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

231 225 215 210 200 195 190 185 180 175 170 165 160 155 150 145
ladyboss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:32 PM   #127
vli1127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vli1127
Stats: 256/228.8/wherever scale stops
WOE: Mod. Low Carb
Start Date: 9/26/17 and Every day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace1313 View Post
I need Pinterest names so I can follow!!
That is all..for now.

At work will catch up later.
Lynn, What is your Pinterest name?

Chris, the name you posted didn't come up with a Pinterest board

So far so good today. Beef veggie soup in crock for supper. We ate Mexican for lunch after church. I had fajitas and held the tortillas, beans and rice. I am going to bake an egg casserole to heat for breakfast for the week and make fat bombs. Other than that, kick back and try and stay warm.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:50 PM   #128
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Chris, how can I possibly stalk, I mean follow you on Pinterest, it says you're not there. OK it says you have no pins, so apparently I am not allowed to follow people with no pins. How does Pinterest know that that's not my thing..Looking at blank boards. In fact I will show them..I will create a board of blank boards!!
Tammy awesome job skipping the chocolate and wine!! I'm sure it will pay off.
So a girl at work asked if she bought everything would I cook her meals. Umm...Not sure about that. I am thinking though maybe planning dinners for a month and her and another co-worker could come over on a Sunday and do them together. I'm just not sure though. I am a very upbeat, social person, but don't socialize a lot, if that makes sense. Baking and cooking is kind of a solitary, meditation for me. Oh I just don't know..The one girl though is at her wit's end and at such a low point, I really want to help her. Maybe I should just try and make a living cooking/ baking LC for everyone that keeps asking me.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:02 PM   #129
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace1313 View Post
I am a very upbeat, social person, but don't socialize a lot, if that makes sense.
That makes COMPLETE sense to me.....I am the exact same way!!!!! If it were me, I think I'd be more inclined to tell her to get everything together (give her a list) and then set up a time to go over to her place and show her how to cook. I personally would prefer to do that because our home is truly our haven and so we don't invite people in easily....and I'm a bit of a neat freak and I don't want to have to clean up after them when they leave! . Besides, when you're done and it's time to leave you can get up and leave as opposed to them wanting to linger and hang out at your place. Gosh, does that sound totally anti-social and rude???? I don't mean it to......I guess I'm just more of a true ambivert than anything.

Be the type of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap....she's up"!!

Old 01-08-2017, 01:26 PM   #130
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Oops, my bad, no maiden name on Pinterest
Old 01-08-2017, 02:29 PM   #131
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy, that it is a great idea. I would be uncomfortable if they hung around after. I don't think you're rude, I so get it.
Chris I found you!

Old 01-08-2017, 04:27 PM   #132
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Lynn, the pizza crust with the pork rinds, how pork rindy does it taste?
Old 01-08-2017, 05:27 PM   #133
vli1127
Major LCF Poster!

Chris, the pork rind crust was somewhat detectable, but not too bad.

I found you on Pinterest.

I made a 9x9 egg casserole to heat for the next few breakfasts. The peanut butter chocolate fat bombs were great and the silicone molds worked well.

I am invited to a Pampered Chef party this Friday and I usually don't indulge in the items due to the price. However, there is a new gadget that is capturing my interest, a whipped cream maker. You can also make butter. I can see this used a lot to make quick and simple desserts using fruit or chocolate or peanut butter or . . . . .
Old 01-08-2017, 07:54 PM   #134
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Hello everyone,

I hope the weekend has been good to you and everyone is ready for Monday!
We had such fun playing with Sarah, she's growing and learning so quickly!! we're back from the ranch though and gearing up for work tomorrow.

So, we got home and I still needed to get some calories in for the day....I didn't want to cook anything, so I raided the fridge and got creative and I ended up making the YUMMIEST treat .....it was lick the bowl good!! I'm calling it raspberry cheesecake chaos it was 2 oz cream cheese, 1 T butter, a dash of sweetener, all stirred up in a bowl until smooth and creamy, then I stirred in 2 oz fresh raspberries and 10 semi-sweet chocolate chips ( I really do count and measure everything) I stirred it all together, and O.M.G......it was so good I'm going to have to be sure I only make it 1 serving at a time!

Have a great evening!

Old 01-09-2017, 08:26 AM   #135
Gibby
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 359.4/181.8/150
WOE: Gastric Bypass on 1.25.16
Start Date: 1.25.16
Good morning, Blitzers! It's overcast today with a slight chance of rain. It's been gray off and on for the past several days. I want some sun!

Down another 1.4 pounds...I am rapidly approaching the goal for my knee surgeries...

Not much to report, which is why you haven't heard from me. Life goes on. I am making a total mess of my home. I'm still going through closets, the garage, etc. and sorting through all of the stuff I've accumulated over the years and deciding what to toss, what to keep and what to donate. It takes a long time and too much brain power. My sister is coming over later today to help me schlep a load to Good Will. I will then have room for more piles to go through. 2017 will be my year of organization and living simply.

I'm glad to see all of the posts and I chuckle along with everyone else. I'm also happy everyone is geared up for weight loss this Blitz. I don't have a particular weight in mind, just to keep on losing.

I know my eating plan is different from all of yours, although is is low carb, I am allowed carbs two to three times a week. This morning I had protein enriched banana nut oatmeal. It was yummy! I'm not sure what I'll have for lunch. I kind of eat what I'm in the mood for. Right now I'm thinking tuna salad. I haven't had fish in a while and I know it's good for me.

Well, back to chores. I'll touch base later.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:55 AM   #136
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/189.6/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Congrats marilee!

I had a Well needed rest day yesterday from the gym. I have gym class tonight so I'm glad I'm not still sore. I have a little under 90 days before my vacation so I'll just have to power through the classes and soreness. I will get weighed in on the 18th and again Feb 1st. And Feb 1st is one month mark so I'll find out body composition changes like fat and muscle then too. Feeling good and excited for those weighs in.
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:17 AM   #137
Abigale
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Abigale
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2008
Chris, I like how Linda Sue comments on the recipes she tests too. Have you ever made her spinach lasagna? I like that quite a bit. I like it even better using sausage instead of ground beef. http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/spinach_lasagna.html

Wow Tammy, what a memory! Yes we still have breakfast after church and the restaurant moved and changed its name to the flamingo diner and we still have our favorite waitress who remembers my "usual". Yesterday I accidentally left my scarf in the booth. When I got home she had emailed me on their web site to say she had found my scarf. I was so relieved. It was a lovely wool scarf that my sister in law and brother had brought back from Ireland for me two years ago.
Love the name the kids gave your dog Tammy! Our youngest granddaughter Abigale is still called Abba Dabba Dewski sometimes so when she was little she named our two cats Daba and Dewsker. We still have the old ladies.

Good going resisting the chocolates and wine!!

Vicki, I bet that beef veggie soup smelled so good simmering in your crock pot. Perfect for these frigid days!

Tammy, your advice about Chris cooking for her friend was perfect. I would feel the same way and if they were coming to my house I would feel sort of trapped and feel I had gotten myself into something I couldn't get out of.

Marilee, I envy having the discipline to get organized and get rid of stuff. I did so well when we moved from our condo in Gulf Shores to our house in NH. But after Mom passed away there were so many things I just could not get rid of that belonged to her and Dad. I am too sentimental. But one of these days when I feel like I have a lot of extra time.......

FF, I hope you are enjoying this weather. It was one below zero when I got in my car this morning after work!

Tony, love the picture from Emmy and Sal's wedding. What a nice looking family - Sue is lovely and you are handsome!

Grace, I agree with you, they should have at least had a split shot of Michu and the Alf costume.

Kal, where did you say you were going on vacation? Glad you aren't sore now!

Have a great day gang!
Abigale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:21 AM   #138
vli1127
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy, those sound yummy.

kal, I took a break yesterday and didn't exercise. My step counter only showed about 3000 steps LOL. Oh well.

Marilee, doesn't it feel good to purge? I do that occasionally but inveribly, I want something later on that I got rid of How is the exercise and water intake going?

I weighed this morning on my scale at 236.2 yipee, down.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:50 AM   #139
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/189.6/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Abs, I'm going on a cruise in the Caribbean. So warm weather and pool so you guessed it swimwear will be worn a lot.

Vicky, 3,000 steps is way more than I get on my rest day. Rest day for me is sleeping, watching tv, and meal prepping. I dont even leave my house. If it was a regular day and I had things to do or anything really then I'd probably be around 3k. But everyone knows rest day means if you find me I'll still be in my pjs lol.
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:48 AM   #140
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Abi, I've only made Linda Sue's spinach lasagna with sausage and not hamburger.

It's still cold at work, I did find a warm office, but it was just a pain in the butt cause I need my file cabinet quite often.

Yesterdays chicken and spinach creation that rocked now gets an F for leftovers. How can something so awesome become so freaking salty the next day?!

Both kids are in archery and they have a meet today, 2 counties south. Please tell me I'm not a bad mom for not wanting to go! Any other day but a Monday, that's my rough day at work and I just won't wanna go.

Breakfast was coffee and 2 sausage patties. Lunch was nasty. Dinner will probably be a salad. Have a good one.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:50 AM   #141
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Abi, so glad you got your scarf back, a precious gift like that is really irreplaceable! So cute your GD's nickname is abba dabba dewski....funny how nicknames just kind of take isn't it?? My DH nicknamed DD "Squirrel" when she was little and she stills responds to that! Though she was a little crushed when she learned he didn't call her that after an adorable little fluffy tailed critter, but rather because I refused to let him call her pack rat!!

Marilee, Way to Go....you are doing so great!

Vicki, way to go on the loss...it's always so nice to see the scales drop!!

Kal, I just love the Caribbean!! DH and I have been there a couple of times, once on a cruise....some of our best memories!!

Well kids, it's a typical busy Monday....I did get to weigh this morning and my diligence over the weekend paid off BIG TIME! I had a 3 pound whoosh! I'm down 5 pounds in my first week and I feel GREAT!!!

Have a great day everyone, I'll check back in later.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:56 AM   #142
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbs View Post
Abi, I've only made Linda Sue's spinach lasagna with sausage and not hamburger.

It's still cold at work, I did find a warm office, but it was just a pain in the butt cause I need my file cabinet quite often.

Yesterdays chicken and spinach creation that rocked now gets an F for leftovers. How can something so awesome become so freaking salty the next day?!

Both kids are in archery and they have a meet today, 2 counties south. Please tell me I'm not a bad mom for not wanting to go! Any other day but a Monday, that's my rough day at work and I just won't wanna go.

Breakfast was coffee and 2 sausage patties. Lunch was nasty. Dinner will probably be a salad. Have a good one.
You're not a bad Mom....whoever scheduled meets on a Monday should be smacked!!! Seriously.....don't they realize that parents work??? Tell us about your chicken and spinach creation? I'm ALWAYS looking for new ways to make chicken!! DS is one heck of a good cook and we really enjoy cooking together, he and I created a GREAT stuffed chicken dish. Mix cream cheese, butter, a diced roasted poblano pepper, and crumbled bacon....stuff your boneless/skinless chicken breasts, back in the oven and towards the end top with cheese of your choice put it back in til the cheese is bubbly and golden and then serve with whatever side you want.....EVERYONE begs for seconds it sooooooo good!

Old 01-09-2017, 11:45 AM   #143
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

I chucked 3 breasts in the crock pot, sprinkled Cajun seasoning over them, added about a cup of half & half, low for 4 hours. While shredding the chicken, I added 4 ounces of cream cheese and about half cup of shredded mozzarella. Tossed in 2 bags of spinach and put the shredded chicken on top. Maybe an hour, stirred a few times. It was awesome. And today it's so salty, I didn't eat it. There wasn't much salt in the Cajun seasoning, so what happened!
Old 01-09-2017, 11:46 AM   #144
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyboss7 View Post
You're not a bad Mom....whoever scheduled meets on a Monday should be smacked!!! Seriously.....don't they realize that parents work??? Tell us about your chicken and spinach creation? I'm ALWAYS looking for new ways to make chicken!! DS is one heck of a good cook and we really enjoy cooking together, he and I created a GREAT stuffed chicken dish. Mix cream cheese, butter, a diced roasted poblano pepper, and crumbled bacon....stuff your boneless/skinless chicken breasts, back in the oven and towards the end top with cheese of your choice put it back in til the cheese is bubbly and golden and then serve with whatever side you want.....EVERYONE begs for seconds it sooooooo good!
That stuffed chicken sounds yummy!!
Old 01-09-2017, 05:25 PM   #145
Gibby
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gibby
Stats: 359.4/181.8/150
WOE: Gastric Bypass on 1.25.16
Start Date: 1.25.16
Welcome, Avo!
Old 01-09-2017, 09:04 PM   #146
flatferenghi
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: flatferenghi
u guys are posting faster than i can read them.

that is good. do not stop. going to shoprite tomorrow, more for the walking than the shopping, I hope to get to BJs on Friday or Monday, also with the same priorities. I AM enjoying the cold weather. when the temp goes above 30, I weep. I want a nice piece of salmon, which I expect to get at BJs. Pleasant dreams, all! Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
flatferenghi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:18 AM   #147
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Two hour school delay, slicks roads. I hate driving in this crap.

I made broccoli bites last night, used pork rinds instead of bread crumbs. I've decided I'm not a fan of pork rinds anymore. They were ok. Will I make them again? Maybe, and they were a little dry, I might add some cream cheese.

More portable heaters were brought in to work. But we keep tripping the breakers now. Maybe this will convince the head office we need a new building. And the owner of the building lives in Canada, so does he really care about fixing it?

Coffee, sausage patties
Ham and cheese sammich, half a huge pickle, string cheese
Jambalaya made with riced cauli, and I'm shooting from the hip with this creation!

Need. More. Coffee...
Old 01-10-2017, 08:27 AM   #148
Grace1313
Major LCF Poster!

Vicki my Pinterest name is becca Smith. Crazy busy day yesterday will catch up tonight

Old 01-10-2017, 09:47 AM   #149
ladyboss7
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

FF, so good to see you!! Enjoy your walk to Shoprite, it's nice to be able to get out and about.

Chris, I love Jambalaya.....you'll have to let me know how it turns out with the riced Cauliflower.....I keep meaning to try riced cauliflower, but haven't gotten around to it yet...is it ANYTHING like rice??

Lynn, I hear ya about the crazy busy day!

Tony.....where are you????? It's been a few days since you've been here, is everything ok?? Sure do miss you when you don't post for a day or two!!!

Well, I'm off to my own busy crazy day......stay safe and warm everyone!!

Old 01-10-2017, 10:21 AM   #150
Gibbs
Major LCF Poster!

Tammy, I've never tried it either! On the package it looks like rice. I'll find out tonight!