Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-01-2017, 02:21 AM   #1
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/100-108
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
January Daily Chat

It's a New Year, a new month, and a new chat thread for it's true that JUDDD BUDDDs have lots of opinions, news, and plans to mention and discuss.

May 2017 be filled with joy and events that allow us to grow and develop into the people we aspire to be or content with the people that we are.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2017, 04:49 AM   #2
leonak
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
WOE: JUDDD
SS - thanks once again for starting our chat thread!

My goals for this year:

Phone someone ( relative or friend ) once a week.

Do at least 2 DD a week!

Keep calories within the UD & DD numbers 5 days of every week!

Do something once a week - like bookkeeping stuff, cleaning something out of my usual cleaning - like drawers, mirrors, basement, etc., outside stuff included here too.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:08 AM   #3
sloppail
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sloppail
Happy New Year Slow and Leona

My Goals for this year:

I'm excited about all JUDDD has to offer, I love the health benefits of the plan, with WL being a great side effect So many of my friends, or people I know of, have health issues of one type or another...I want to be a healthy person. There's nothing wrong with me that I know of, and I want to make the changes BEFORE I HAVE to make them. Anyway, my goal for this year is to make myself the healthiest person I can be That means sticking to the JUDDD numbers and actually doing the plan as intended

More water...

Try to be physically active daily

Be a more positive person Small things don't matter Love myself and the people who matter most to me...and let go of the toxic ones that don't ...

Anyway...these are a few of my goals I know I will achieve them all!! Have a great day everyone!!

If it's going to be, it's up to me!
sloppail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:11 AM   #4
Juliana
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Juliana
Hello,
I'm new here I've been reading on the site for a couple days now gathering info to help me. I've been having some health issues for a couple years now and that resulted in not being able to work out and unfortunately I wasn't eating as I should. I was a dedicated to exercise and healthy food daily for 5 years but due to depression and health issues I gave up I need to lose about 15 pounds and would be ecstatic to wear my old clothes again. I have food issues now and it is so hard to deal with.

Is there a better place I should introduce myself?

Thank you all for being here. I learned a lot reading here and you all are so supportive and kind to one another that it already has made it easier to get back on track.

Happy New Year!!

Last edited by Juliana; 01-01-2017 at 09:12 AM..
Juliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:57 AM   #5
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/164/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Slow- well said!

Leona- I like your goals! Especially making time to call family once a week, I will also make this a goal of mine as well!

Kim- great goal! Also very smart to take control of ones health BEFORE anything becomes an issue!

Juliana- welcome! I hope juddd helps you reach your health goals this year!

Happy new Year! Hope you all had a great NYE! Mine was good, went to 2 parties and drank, ate and danced the night away! Went to the ghetto family party first before it got to crazy then went to my DH aunt party which was much more laid back to ring in the new year. I did wear my tight dress and got several compliments so that was a success I however am back up the few lbs I had lost but that's to be expected. I am also taking today off and will resume my rotations tomorrow.

My goals for 2017:

Get to goal: 155 and under!

Save money!( only 1 month of strict budgeting and we are doing great! )

Call family more( thanks Leona )

Move out of my inlaws!

Be more organized and stop procrastinating with household chores!

Seriously research and decide once and for all if I want to go to school for medical coding.

And I'm sure much more I can't think of right now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BD7F0F5C-464C-4CE2-B82A-820026E72798.jpg (23.2 KB, 45 views)
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 10:04 AM   #6
Kissa
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 69
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Welcome to JUDDD Juliana. Hopefully it will help you achieve your goals and recover from your depression which is a curse.

We had a great NYE with our neighbours, although one of them was taken ill and rushed to A&E creating some unwanted drama. Extreme low pressure was the cause and he is safely home now.

I was happy to start the year right on target weight. Can't remember when that has happened. Hopefully this bodes well for what will be my 70th year.

Thank you Slow for staring the 'Daily' threads. I do hope your hand improve soon.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 10:15 AM   #7
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/220/not sure 5'7
WOE: IF/LC
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2017, 10:50 AM   #8
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/125.4/125 5'2" 40yrs Size 20/4P
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Happy New Year dear JBs!!!

Julianna!

Vlo- the dress looks super cute!

Leona- good goals for 2017.

Slow- thanks as always for getting us started. I hope 2017 is a better year for you and yours.

Cindy- ushering the new year in a goal weight- a truly amazing feat!

We had a quiet NYE, but that is just how we like it. We went on a walk and now we are taking a rest as we get dinner prepared for later.

I read a bit about the 8WBS diet and will consider it if I can't shift weight with EOD rotations. I did 5:2 for the month of December and am now around 133-134. So I need to ditch 8-10 pounds pronto. I will face the scale to get the exact number on Tuesday.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 10:55 AM   #9
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy&Healthy
Stats: Too much/better/best
WOE: JUDDD/4:3/Fung
Start Date: November 2016
Hi there and Happy New Year!

I have been lurking for a while and just posted in the newbie thread. Wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I have been fasting since November and I couldn't have done it without you all! I started and have maintained a 4:3 fast schedule which has worked for the holiday season. I try to keep to the JUDDD calculator calorie down days but don't really put a calorie limit on my up days; that said, I find that most days I am naturally staying within the up day limits from the calculator. I have also become interested in Fung fasting and have incorporated at least one, if not two, 36 hour fasts per week over the last three weeks. 21 pounds so far!

Just wanted to give this group a profound THANK YOU, your journeys and warmth have been a source of support and encouragement!
Happy&Healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 10:58 AM   #10
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy&Healthy View Post
Hi there and Happy New Year!

I have been lurking for a while and just posted in the newbie thread. Wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I have been fasting since November and I couldn't have done it without you all! I started and have maintained a 4:3 fast schedule which has worked for the holiday season. I try to keep to the JUDDD calculator calorie down days but don't really put a calorie limit on my up days; that said, I find that most days I am naturally staying within the up day limits from the calculator. I have also become interested in Fung fasting and have incorporated at least one, if not two, 36 hour fasts per week over the last three weeks. 21 pounds so far!

Just wanted to give this group a profound THANK YOU, your journeys and warmth have been a source of support and encouragement!
! Sounds like you have been doing great!

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:46 AM   #11
Kissa

Vlo, I didn't see your post before I posted earlier. You look absolutely lovely, and I love the dress. I am so pleased too that the budgeting has been successful.

Welcome to you too Happy&Healthy, I also do some Fung Fasting and my daughter has lost 80 pounds since March using a combination of Fung Fasting and the 8 Week Blood Sugar Diet.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:59 AM   #12
imoksoami
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: imoksoami
Stats: 264/225/209
WOE: LC, OMAD, JUDDD
Start Date: 10-15-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Happy New Year dear JBs!!!
I read a bit about the 8WBS diet and will consider it if I can't shift weight with EOD rotations. I did 5:2 for the month of December and am now around 133-134. So I need to ditch 8-10 pounds pronto. I will face the scale to get the exact number on Tuesday.
Were you doing LC in December too?
Happy New Year

10-15-2016 264 / 11-01-2016 249 / 11-15-2016 248 / 12-01-2016 240 / 1-1-2017 239 / 2-1-2017 232 / 3-1-2017 224

6-10-2017 210 < Goal
imoksoami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 01:04 PM   #13
Nanu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nanu
Stats: 195.8/193.6/149, 5'8", 61 years old
WOE: LC & JUDD
Start Date: 2/1/16
Well, I have reached the limit! I looked back at when I started Atkins January 9, 2009 and my weight was 199. I lost over 40lbs and kept it off until I had thyroid cancer in 2012. I allowed my weight to slowly climb, with the excuse of optimizing medication, treatments, stress from deaths and illnesses. I now am back at 195.8, and much older. I know I can do this, I just have to set my mind to it and no more excuses. It will be a little more difficult, with the crazy thyroid meds and age, but I see many of you who are older and have other medical issues that are successful. I think we all make excuses until we realize that is exactly what they are and finally face the music I want to be healthy, and comfortable. I know low carb works for me, and I want to JUDD with it. I believe in all I have read about the health benefits. I also enjoy this forum so much, because you are all so supportive, informative and really funny
My goal is to come here daily, and to contribute. I believe this will also help with accountability.
So....here we go!
Nanu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 01:10 PM   #14
leonak
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
Vlo - not only a very pretty dress but just a beautiful gal wearing it! Like your goals too - the best one is # 4 , as I know how you feel only too well.

Welcome to the new gal H & H among us! JUDD does work if we work it!

Last edited by leonak; 01-01-2017 at 01:12 PM..
leonak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 01:21 PM   #15
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Hi Carly!

Kissa, thanks for the welcome. I have been following along with you and your daughter!

Thanks Leona! True words!

Nanu, if I can do it, you can do it!
Old 01-01-2017, 02:01 PM   #16
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Happy New Year everyone!

Slow - thank you for starting the thread...

Welcome to the Newbies....this is a fabulous group!

Vlo...so cute!

Kissa....great start to the new year at goal! I can't say that, but hopefully will be where I want to be shortly.

You will get there, too, Carly.

With the tools of JUDDD, intermittent fasting, Dr. Mosley and Dr. Fung, we have a lot of tools that work with JUDDD. It's amazing how many people extoll what Dr. Johnson wrote about several years ago!

Happy JUDDDing in 2017.....
Old 01-01-2017, 02:08 PM   #17
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by imoksoami View Post
Were you doing LC in December too?
Happy New Year
No, I typically do not follow LC, as I personally, don't feel my best on it and for me, it's not really sustainable for the long run. That is why I'm considering it, but really hoping, after a re-feed of sorts this month, that strict EOD can shake the pounds loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanu View Post
Well, I have reached the limit!

I know low carb works for me, and I want to JUDD with it. I believe in all I have read about the health benefits. I also enjoy this forum so much, because you are all so supportive, informative and really funny
My goal is to come here daily, and to contribute. I believe this will also help with accountability.
So....here we go!
back- we love it when JUDDD buds return. The new year always seems to bring some buds back to the boards.

Old 01-01-2017, 04:21 PM   #18
phoenix17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Happy 2017 everyone!!
Vlo nice dress! sounds like you had a good time.
Welcome Juliana and H&H!
Congrats Kissa on starting 2017 at your goal - woohoo!!

Hi to everyone else as well! hope your holidays were just as you wanted them to be.

I posted my goals on the other thread but to recap, other than the weight loss goal I also want to work on improved fitness including some hiking goals, and to push outside my comfort zone at work and improve family relationships.

I am very tired today- I assume from an interrupted night of sleep. My new neighbors had a party and my wee dog decided to let me know every time someone was out on the street talking. sigh. I get one more day off of work so I am looking forward to one more day of taking a nap.
I am not sure if tomorrow will be a DD or not. MWF are my norm but I think it will be tough being my last day of vacation. I think I will at least try for a MD. for NYE I had indulged in some appetizers that I snacked on over several hours and today I felt icky which in some ways is good. I think I'm done with the "treat" eating.

My birthday this year will be 7-17-17 I think that means I should celebrate for 7 days!!! I shall be spending the next 7 months coming up with suitable plans for 7 celebration days.
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:00 AM   #19
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy&Healthy View Post
Well Done to you for your achievements in getting your rotations down and your progress to date!
Old 01-02-2017, 03:03 AM   #20
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I believe in all I have read about the health benefits. I also enjoy this forum so much, because you are all so supportive, informative and really funny
Welcome back - JBs are always pleased when fellow JBs have the opportunity to rejoin us around our virtual campfire.
Old 01-02-2017, 03:47 AM   #21
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Slow!

Phoenix - I hear you on the "treat eating"! I hope you got some sleep

Happy to be back into regular rotations, this weekend was definitely one of excess and my scale is letting me know that with a 6 pound gain overnight . I know it is water retention which will be gone in a day or so but still...

Headed into a DD, going to have my coffee and go from there. I am hoping my body lets me have a complete fast today! I have done several 36 hour fasts which I love. I let them happen organically since I feel our of sorts and foggy if I try to force it. If my body is not in the mood, I will have a late lunch, then coast until tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Happy&Healthy; 01-02-2017 at 03:51 AM..
Old 01-02-2017, 08:42 AM   #22
Rosey
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosey
Stats: 258/255/158
WOE: JUDDD & 16/8
Start Date: Restarting yet again 12/12/16
Hi Juddd Buddds.

I'm not necessarily new here. In 2012 I lost 50 lbs here. 2013 fell pregnant with twins, 2014 gave birth, tried to Juddd again but I kept failing. 2015 hired a personal trainer lost 20 lbs 2016 decided to quit gym, eating healthy, and loving myself. Gave into life's pressures and reached my highest weight ever. 260lbs.

My goal for 2017 is to lose all the load I've been carrying for a while now. Physically and emotionally. Build my business and get a new hobby.

Cheers to the year.

Last edited by Rosey; 01-02-2017 at 08:43 AM..
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:24 AM   #23
Nanu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nanu
Stats: 195.8/193.6/149, 5'8", 61 years old
WOE: LC & JUDD
Start Date: 2/1/16
Good morning!
Well, it looks like I am heading in the right direction with .8 down. I know this is not significant, but it is a start!
I was tested yesterday when we had a holiday dinner with our best friends; due to both of our busy schedules, we weren't able to get together to celebrate until now. Well, this was hard, because she kept trying to tell me to start today, Monday, instead of Jan 1st. She wanted me to drink the good wine she had brought. I DID NOT! Big deal....this is a big one for me....I do love my wine Chile rellenos and salad....no dessert....the pumpkin truffles were still there but, I did it. I really am happy with my resolve, because that is what I have to have return for me. Once I set my mind to it, I am an "all or nothing" gal. Except with fasting..... I am "easing" into rotations. Yesterday should have been a down day, but came in at about 600 calories. I will get it to real DD by the end of the week!
I also walked 6000 steps yesterday....working up to 10,000.
Nanu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:33 AM   #24
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I DID NOT! Big deal....this is a big one for me....I do love my wine
Woohooo Nanu! I'm going to use you as my inspiration for my DD today
Old 01-02-2017, 10:04 AM   #25
Carly

back Rosie! Today is my last day of my mini, 4 day, staycation. I will face the scale later today or tomorrow and return to rotations tomorrow as well.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:15 AM   #26
HockeyMum
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HockeyMum
Stats: 152/143.8/120. 5'3.5" Age 57
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: LC for years, JUDDD as of 2017
Hello, I introduced myself this morning on the newbie thread too. Looking forward to having success with JUDDD, which I have never done, although I've done LC for 3 years. Bought a new digital scale last summer and realized my analogue one was out by 6 pounds! So 3 years ago when I always thought I was 127 I was 133. The new scale showed 152 in July and I nearly had a heart attack! (Thought I was 146, which was high for me, I'm short). I've managed to get down to 146 with LC on and off since then, but it is just so hard to stick to with all the travelling we do. I also think my age and past menopause doesn't help, I just seem to gain fat the moment I eat anything with carbs. Started with a DD yesterday, and was down 1.8 pounds today, so that was encouraging. My mum gave me her old Fitbit over the holidays, so also hoping for 10,000 steps a day. I love all the success stories on here, and the thought that I can eat reasonably on UDs and have WW bread, rice, sweet potatoes, etc. once again. Thanks for having me
HockeyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 11:32 AM   #27
Babsbabs
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: 205/155/140
I think the best part of gaining weight is coming back here! I love reading your comments and I know I should read here regularly to keep on track.
I am happy to see many of you still at your goals! I am way off track so it will be a while until I am back to my goal weight but I know it will happen, especially if I come here to check in. I have also been reading Dr Fung's fasting info and it is great that more people are learning about all the benefits of this way of eating, or not eating I guess. I haven't alternate day fasted in a long time but am looking forward to my DD tomorrow!
Happy New Year to everyone
Old 01-02-2017, 01:55 PM   #28
phoenix17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Hello everyone and welcome back to those of you who have been before.

My day was definitely NOT a DD but I pretty much knew it wouldn't be. It is the last day of my holiday time off and today I was just tired and hungry all day. I'm both happy and sad for my time off to be over - its way easier for me to DD when I'm working all day. I think I will not weigh myself until I do at least one good DD. It will just be all water weight and a little too discouraging to see that so what is the point?

Nanu good for you for being strong - you will be my inspiration tomorrow .
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:38 AM   #29
Kissa

Babs! Lovely to see you again. Yes, you know the ropes and a few good DDs will have you losing and feeling great.

I find it sad that I never see Dr Johnson mentioned by Jason Fung, Michael Mosely et all. He was a great pioneer into this field as we all know. He alsays said that a total fast on DDs was ideal, but often undoable by many.

Old 01-03-2017, 03:35 AM   #30
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
I'm not necessarily new here. In 2012 I lost 50 lbs here. 2013 fell pregnant with twins, 2014 gave birth, tried to Juddd again but I kept failing. 2015 hired a personal trainer lost 20 lbs 2016 decided to quit gym, eating healthy, and loving myself. Gave into life's pressures and reached my highest weight ever. 260lbs.
I remember you Sorry to read about the LHW. I'm pleased you found your way back here and hope it's a good fit to you this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMum View Post
I also think my age and past menopause doesn't help, I just seem to gain fat the moment I eat anything with carbs. Started with a DD yesterday, and was down 1.8 pounds today, so that was encouraging.
Good to see you and yes, sadly, age and menopause status add to the complexities of weight management. I hope that JUDDD is a good fit for you and yields the results you'd like to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
I think the best part of gaining weight is coming back here! I love reading your comments and I know I should read here regularly to keep on track.
I am happy to see many of you still at your goals!
Yes, a number of regular posters are at in maintenance weight range. For me, being in touch, keeps me accountable and I hope that it's helpful to those in WLM to see that we have JBs who've been in maintenance for a while. Good Luck in your WLM and well done for realising that you're out of your preferred range at an early point rather than later!