Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-02-2017, 08:51 PM   #31
Amera
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amera
Stats: ~250/231/150
Ameenah, thank you! So looking forward to this year for everyone!
Amera is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2017, 03:47 AM   #32
rachel2writer
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rachel2writer
Stats: 265/205/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Dec 2014
I completed a Whole 30 early last year and had good results. I also felt much better without the cheese and heavy cream in my diet. Right now, I'm Whole 30 compliant except for the stevia in my coffee, so I'll just call it paleo. That stevia is the only thing sweet I have during my day. Skipping diet sodas and any other artificially sweetened food.

Anyway, I did some body weight exercises yesterday, and boy are my thighs sore! I am easing back into exercise with a simple routine of squats, lunges, push-ups, bent-over rows, plank, and jumping jacks. It takes about 15 minutes to complete, and my goal is 3 days a week. That plus walking 4-5 days a week. Walking is a challenge when it gets cold, so I HAVE to commit to driving to our neighborhood gym to walk on the treadmill when the weather stinks.

The scale showed a nice drop this morning!

Jan 2: 209.8
Jan 3: 209

B: BP coffee
L: sausage patty, spaghetti squash
S: scoop of tuna salad on spinach leaves
D: slow cooked turkey breast, sauteed yellow squash
3rd Goal: 175 (no longer obese)
Final Goal: 150
rachel2writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:54 AM   #33
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 180.2/175.4/130 5'7"
WOE: AIP,Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Good morning all and welcome old and newbies,

Today is day 3 Whole30. I am trying to keep it more Atkins induction Whole30 but had sweet potatoes last night for dinner. Sweet potatoes are ok for added levels in Atkins just not induction. I will have some maybe once a week but that's it. They have carbs and I want to lose the most weight I can, but stick to Whole30 foods.

Menu:
B - BPC
L - diced chicken, salad, cerely, sunflower seeds, Paleo ranch
D - Sheppard's pie (no cheese and sweet potato topping, was really good)
S - BPC

Weights:
Jan 1 - 178
Jan 2 - 177.4 (tom)
Jan 3 - 176.8 (tom)

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128

Last edited by pcaltman; 01-03-2017 at 04:57 AM..
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:36 AM   #34
krista_linn
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krista_linn
Stats: 222/183/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Oct, 2016
Good morning everyone! I am relieved that my weight stayed steady overnight - I tried some new recipes and was feeling a little nervous.

My first food experiment was Bullet Proof Tea! I like it so much better than the coffee version - I'm not a hard core coffee drinker, so it was never a big problem. But this tea is fabulous! I make it with 1 tea bag in 1 3/4 cups of water, then add 1 Tbsp cream and 3 Tbsp liquid coconut oil. I splurged on the liquid oil - it's 93% MCT and doesn't smell like sun tan lotion

My second food was homemade LC bolognese sauce (meaty spaghetti sauce) with Shiritaki noodles. The sauce was higher in carbs than I wanted but it was delicious for the whole family. And the noodles were covered in heavy-enough sauce that the smell and texture were completely hidden. Can't wait to eat the leftovers! I'll need to re-work the sauce recipe a little for next time though - maybe just lots more meat and no cream.

Finally, I had a good night's sleep for the first time in a week. I forgot my Magnesium supplements when we were visiting my parents and kept waking up with leg cramps. Once we got home, it took 3 days of supplementing to make the cramps stop again. Phew!

Rachel - way to go!! exercising and a woosh!

Pam - I think I'm the only one that doesn't know what Whole 30 is... going to do some research on it Nice loss for you today too!

Ameenah - it sounds like things are calming down a little for you! I'm relieved that school and work are starting again today (but wish I could take a few more days off just for myself!)

Kelly - at this point in your maintenance, are you trying to find subs for chocolate or just eating it when you want? When I was maintaining before (before the pregnancy and bed rest! ugh!), when the cravings hit, I would have 2 of the super dark chocolate squares from Lindt. It was barely sweet but tasted sooooo good, and got me over the chocolate craving easily. Plus 1 or 2 squares was all that I ever wanted, so I never worried about eating too much.

Hi Belinda, Veronica, Amera and Auto!

January Goal: <191 lbs
Jan 1: 196.4
Jan 2: 195.4
Jan 3: 195.4
krista_linn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:00 AM   #35
Ameenah
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ameenah
Stats: 171.4/166/145
WOE: Atkins...low carb
Start Date: Again and Again/restart 5/1/16 restart 8/14/17
Good morning beauties

Rachel Congrats not only on the nice loss but also getting that exercise in. You are off to a great start. Your menu looks yummy

Pam So glad to see that this plan is working for you. Keep up the good work

Krista Good for you for trying out new recipes. It helps so much when we add variety along with this WOE. Don't feel bad, I also have no idea what the Whole30 plan is and will be hitting up my friend GOOGLE to find out.

January goal 145-149 (maintenance range)

Jan 1 152
Jan 2 151
Jan 3 151

Menu:
B- green tea
L- lc pancakes with chicken and sugar free syrup
D- salmon and salad with ranch dressing
S- peanuts, fat bomb

Another rainy day here. I woke up with a migraine and had to reschedule my doctors appointment. I am going to rest up this morning but have errands that I absolutely have to do today. I also need to go help my daughter with the babies so she can get some chores done around the house.

Have a great day ladies. Stay focused and remember this is our year. I am claiming it as a successful one filled with joy, love and peace.

Start Weight: May 1 2016 ~ 171.4
Goal Weight: 145
Goal Met September 30 2016 ~ 145
Maintenance Range 145 - 149

DETERMINATION GOT ME TO MY GOAL WEIGHT, COMMITMENT WILL KEEP ME HERE
Ameenah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:30 AM   #36
Lets_do_this!
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lets_do_this!
Stats: 5'7"...164/146.6/135
WOE: Atkins..LC...lchf
Start Date: LC since 01/15, lchf 5/16, lchf restart 11/16
Good Morning everyone and thanks for welcoming me back

1/2: 147.2
1/3: 146.6

yesterdays meals:
B: fasted
L: zoodles & shrimp scampi, coffee w/ 4 tbsp hwc
D: whole avocado, water

Exercise: 4 miles on treadmill after being away from gym for awhile...eek

today's goal is to get my H20 ...at least 64 oz of it!

Will check back in later when I have some extra time to chat....

Determination
\di-,ter-me-na-shen\
a: a fixed purpose, the power and will to persist, resolve, to have the drive, to have the grit, to go the distance, to be hell-bent on reaching a goal no matter what it takes.

Last edited by Lets_do_this!; 01-03-2017 at 08:31 AM..
Lets_do_this! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:32 AM   #37
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Casey
Stats: At goal / living low carb
WOE: LC / Clean Eating
Start Date: October, 1999
Hi to all the new people!

Kelly - I added up my weekly step totals for last year and came up with 1563.33 miles (based on my height, I used 2,186 steps per mile) for 2016. And so far this year I have over 12k steps or day. Yesterday I went with a friend and walked 3 miles at the mall - that was entertaining! So, I do think 2017 miles is a good goal!

Pam - thanks for the info about stevia. That's really my only off plan addition. I'm going to get more of the ghee/coconut oil combo.
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:16 AM   #38
Amera
Junior LCF Member

Morning all!

Looks like some nice losses here.

Yesterday's menu:
B: 3 eggs, 4 small pieces of bacon, black coffee
L: lc veggie soup
D: grilled chicken salad w lc italian dressing
looots of water

Today's menu:
B: 3 eggs, 3 small pieces of bacon, black coffee, only ate 2/3 of my eggs for some reason, was pretty full, tried to have some avocado but I picked a bad one. dang!
L: more lc veggie soup and maybe some chicken and tomato salad w mayo
D: not sure yet?
loooooooots of water!

I'm a little concerned about my fat intake. I seem to be one of the few who has issues with it after gall bladder removal. It's honestly a good thing I'm at home these days... but I have my first final exam tomorrow at school and I'm a little worried about it. They're super strict with bathroom visits. Ugh.

BUT on a positive note (because that's what 2017 is all about), I haven't any heartburn since NYE when I started. Yay! Once I get done with exams I will definitely start exercising and MAYBE weigh myself.

Back to studying! Catch y'all later.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:58 PM   #39
Trinitystar
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Trinitystar
Stats: 274/274/160
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2017
Hello everyone!! Happy 2017!! Ready to start this year off right!!

January goal: 250

1/3-- 274

I typically just drink green tea for breakfast and I have meal prepped for the entire week. Tuna for my lunches and low carb chili for my dinner and from time to time a dollop of sour cream.

Good Luck to everyone!!
Trinitystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 01:11 PM   #40
HappyMom
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HappyMom
Stats: 207/159/150
Start Date: 2/15/16
Happy New Year to everyone!! It's good to see you all again. I've been catching up on the holiday posts; sounds like a lot of you had the same holidays as I did. Kelly, great job staying in control! I definitely did NOT. LOL.

I had about 3 vacations in a row - first skiing, then a family reunion, then a New Year's celebration with cousins in the city. Lots of fun, and while I did stay technically low carb, I ate WAAAAY too much and also drank WAAAAAY too much. Add in virtually no exercise, and I came out yesterday up 8 pounds from my December low. Ouch!! I'm pretty sure a bunch of it is water, but there's at least 3-4 good pounds of fat in there too. Sooooo ... back to really strict induction and I have GOT to find a way to get exercise in.

Kelly, Casey Great step goal! I believe my kids got me a fitbit for my birthday (Dec 29th) but we haven't had time to celebrate it yet so I can't buy one for myself. But I just plain have to get motivated, and I need groups to do it. So I'm eager to do the fitbit challenges and see if that helps.

lets do this Welcome back, and great job on the treadmill! With the rain here I'm going to have to move to the gym for my exercise. Glad to see it working so well for you! And the H2O goal is so important too. Someone asked (Casey I think?) if I count coffee or tea as water. In the evenings I drink tons of decaf coffee to combat snack cravings, but it just doesn't seem to do the same as good old water. But some days I still count it.

Ameenah I'm glad there's at least a little good news for your daughter and grandbabies. Congrats on the loss, I know it'll come back off quickly for you!

Pam looks like we're at the same weight again! I'm curious about Whole30, I will also be googling it to learn more. Good luck, let's break into those 160's - soon!!

Krista you are making some delicious recipes!! Thanks for inspiring me. I tend to get into a food rut, but this WOE can be really delicious with just a little effort. And I share your pain about the leg cramps - I also get them really strongly without magnesium supplements. It happened just one night of vacation, but it was really irritating. My toe kept pointing and I couldn't get it to straighten out!!

Amera Welcome/welcome back! We're all in this together, let's make it a great month!!

autotheism Congrats on the 5 lb loss, what a great start! and welcome!

rachel Wow, 55 pounds over 2 years - very impressive when you total it like that. That's that ideal steady loss that all the experts say is the way to keep it off. And a good reminder for me that it doesn't need to come off quickly, it just needs to come off and STAY off.

bellalinda Welcome back! Good to see you again!

Susan

Jan goal: 167

B, L, D: Not sure, I'm still figuring it out

1/2 - 175.6
1/3 - 174.7
HappyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:23 PM   #41
Happyone81
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Happyone81
Stats: 249/244/150
WOE: Induction and meat and eggs 3 Wk cycles
Start Date: Every January lol
Hello all! I haven't been on here in 3 years. But I am back! I realize that I do so much better meeting my goals in this community.

I have done LC every January-June since 2001 :-l, but I am hoping this is the year I not only losing, but find a way to keep it off.

Good luck to all and I look forward to taking this journey with you.
Happyone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:45 PM   #42
Dania
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dania
Stats: 229/229/165
WOE: Atkins20
Start Date: January 2017
So, my goals for January are:
1. No alcohol
2. Work out 5 days a week (just light cardio for now, I need to see how my body responds to this WOE)
3. Meal prep - ZERO SLACKING!
4. Get 10,000 steps in daily
5. Drink MINIMUM of 2 liters of water a day (I currently drink 2.2 liters)
6. Lose 10 pounds
Dania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:50 PM   #43
Amera
Junior LCF Member

Dania - Looks good. Meal prep is sooo important if you're busy. Looks like we have similar stats (mine aren't posted lol) I have no doubt you'll lose 10lbs this month if you stick to plan, probably more!

Happyone81 - Welcome back!

HappyMom - thanks!

Trinitystar - Hi!
Old 01-03-2017, 04:50 PM   #44
bellalinda
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bellalinda
Stats: 4'11" 175/149.8/135 (1st goal)/123 (maintain)
WOE: extended induction
Start Date: Restart 3/30/15, 1/4/16, 4/25/16, 1/2/17, 7/10/17
bulletproof tea is my fave!

1/1 - 155.8
1/2 - 156.4
1/3 - 155.4

B: smoked salmon, cream cheese, egg and bacon; coffee with cream/splenda
L: LC chili
D: burger with cheese

thanks for the welcome back!! glad to be here... as for january goal, a 10 lb loss (145) would be awesome (because that's how much i gained over the holidays) but we will see. FOR REALS THO... tomorrow i'm joining our work weight loss challenge... to lose 4% in a month... that means 6.2 lbs i think. eeeek! that seems like a more realistic goal. i lose $40 if i don't stick with ittttt!

IG: lindalowcarb

My Journal of Accountability
bellalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 05:10 PM   #45
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

Happyone81 - love the Tolle quote on your post. I just wanted to let you know that there are a few of us on here who are at or close to maintaining, so this is the year that you can lose it and keep it off!
Old 01-03-2017, 05:32 PM   #46
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

HappyMom - yes, I was the one who asked about what to count in the water category. I'm not counting my morning coffee, but when I have herbal tea or lemon water, I'm counting that in my water totals.

Dania - those are good goals - some of them are the same as mine. I read your intro over on the main low carb lobby. It's good to have you here. It's an active and supportive group. I'm in maintenance and I still come here to stay on track and help others get to or stay in maintenance.

Last edited by Casey; 01-03-2017 at 05:34 PM..
Old 01-03-2017, 06:09 PM   #47
Kelibean81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kelibean81
Stats: 165/139/130 5'7"
WOE: LCHF maintenance
Start Date: 3/1/13 Restart 4/4/16
Hi everyone! Oh my gosh I have missed a lot in the last day! Welcome to all the newbies (and returning oldies!). I for one discovered this group last April and haven't left since! I couldn't have had this success without you guys!

Doing well today; returning to work after the long holiday break was not easy!

Krista - I love chocolate... I don't think anything could ever take its place, so yeah I unfortunately eat the real thing sparingly. I don't crave it every day but it is one craving that never completely went away even when I was in full ketosis. I try to choose dark chocolate but my weakness is peanut m&ms. I allow myself to have them once in a while and have found that it isn't really detrimental to my maintenance. I definitely need to keep more dark chocolate around like Lindt that you mentioned for those chocolate "emergencies" lol.

HappyMom - I definitely had some weight trouble in December no doubt. I got back in control right before the new year but I think I likely gained 3 or 4 actual pounds as well. No worries, we got this in 2017!

Belinda - omg I bought smoked salmon for myself as a treat on New Year's Eve and it was divine! I need to keep that around more often!

Let's Do This - welcome! I see our stats are similar! You are in a good place and not too far from goal!

Jan 1 - 132.8
Jan 2 - 133.7
Jan 3 - 133.2

B - skipped
L - cheese omelette
D - rotisserie chicken and a Yukon gold potato

Kelly

1st Goal: 135 - MET on July 29, 2016!
Final Goal: 130 - MET on August 26, 2016!
Stretch Goal: 125
Maintenance Range: 130-135
Kelibean81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 04:09 AM   #48
rachel2writer
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rachel2writer
Stats: 265/205/175
Start Date: Dec 2014
Good morning! We are having our fence replaced currently, so we can't let the dogs out to go potty. That worked out for me exercise-wise, because I took them for a 10-minute walk four times yesterday! Built-in exercise! The fence posts are up today, but that's it, so we will still get in a few walks before they are finished.

I usually work from home, but headed in to the office today. I need to go pack a lunch so I'm not tempted by food trucks and the vending machines.

B: coffee, 2 eggs, 2 sausage patties
L: spaghetti squash, roasted turkey
S: boiled eggs
D: pork loin with some type of vegetable

Jan 2: 209.8
Jan 3: 209
Jan 4: 208
3rd Goal: 175 (no longer obese)
Final Goal: 150
rachel2writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 04:55 AM   #49
Casey
Major LCF Poster!

Rachel - I've been walking and feeding my neighbor's dog and I'm meeting my step goals easily since New Years.

Regarding chocolate - for "chocolate emergencies" I keep unsweetened cocoa powder on hand for my version of a "fat bomb" - and mix 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or clarified butter and coconut oil), 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, 2 pkg of stevia, a little flax and chia (optional) - melt in microwave, stir, throw in 8-10 almonds and freeze or refrigerate until solid.

Last edited by Casey; 01-04-2017 at 04:56 AM..
Old 01-04-2017, 05:03 AM   #50
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning,

Menu:
B - BPC, 2 hard boiled egg
L - diced chicken, salad, sunflower seeds, Paleo ranch, 1/2 cup blueberries
D - London broil, baked cabbage and a bit of leftover Sheppard's pie
S - BPC

Weights:
Jan 1 - 178
Jan 2 - 177.4 (tom)
Jan 3 - 176.8 (tom)
Jan 4 - 177 (tom)

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128

Last edited by pcaltman; 01-04-2017 at 05:17 AM..
Old 01-04-2017, 05:14 AM   #51
Happyone81
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Happyone81
Stats: 249/244/150
WOE: Induction and meat and eggs 3 Wk cycles
Start Date: Every January lol
Good morning all!

Thank you for the warm welcomes. Finally on track after starting on Monday, going to the movies and messing up and then restarting on Tuesday. I plan to keep it up!

Hip Hop aerobics class won't start until next week so I plan to do my first wog of the year.

Breakfast: 3 Scrambled eggs w/ 1 slice of Am. cheese, and 3 slices of precooked bacon and coffee

1-3-17 243.8
1-4-17 244.6
1-5-17 242.8
Happyone81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:17 AM   #52
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry had to get the kids on the bus. Ok so this is day 4 Whole30 for me. Am I finding it hard? No, but I do want something sweet and I don't mean like candy. I miss my stevia in my one cup of coffee in the am and in my tea at night. It's just not the same. As for the foods, it's pretty much how I eat anyway. I do have swelling in my spine today so this morning is hard, but working on it. I am going to cup down on the sweet potatoes from now on just so I can get some weight off. i will be happy that at the end of this I am in the 160's.

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128
Old 01-04-2017, 05:54 AM   #53
krista_linn
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krista_linn
Stats: 222/183/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Oct, 2016
Good morning everyone - it is soooo cold today! I was tempted to crawl back under the covers, but decided to try some of my Christmas teas instead. My son gave me a tea sampler and I just found my new favorite black tea - it's called Paris, and it's just as lovely as its namesake, especially mixed with coconut oil and cream

I worked in the office yesterday, which as usual, means it was a "no loss day." I am lucky that I only go in there once or twice a week, because I lose my focus. I didn't have enough water, drank 2 or 3 diet cokes, then out to dinner with friends for burgers (blue cheese and avocado on top!) LC but really salty. I was happy that I just maintained and didn't bounce up.

As I was getting dressed for work, I discovered that all of my work pants are way too big Thank goodness for tights and long maxi skirts!

Susan - AHHH the pointy toes and cramped feet in the middle of the night are the worst!!!!!! I picked up a new bottle of Mg yesterday so I'm I should have enough to last for a few months.

Casey - I agree about lemon water, I would count that in my water totals too. But probably would exclude the herbal tea for myself.

Kelly - yum peanut M&Ms are the best! Luckily or unluckily, my son is allergic to peanuts so they are off limits to me completely unless I'm traveling alone. That makes the self-control a lot easier

Rachel - you're amazing!!! closing in on Goal #2!

HappyOne - GO STEELERS!!! I was so lucky to be at the game on Christmas day - got to see them win the division and what a game! My profile pic is from our seats up the bleachers

Pam - I guess if it were me, I'd rather not have coffee or tea without the Stevia. Is there something you could switch to so you don't feel like you're missing out? maybe an herbal tea that doesn't need sweetener? My magical box of Christmas tea has a few varieties that sound promising - white tea with grapefruit (just the scent, not the fruit), hot cinnamon black tea (you could make your own!) or Chinese green tea.

January Goal: <191 lbs
Jan 1: 196.4
Jan 2: 195.4
Jan 3: 195.4
Jan 4: 195.4
krista_linn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:46 AM   #54
Trinitystar
Junior LCF Member

Good morning everyone!! On day 2 of my diet and I found myself EXHAUSTED yesterday evening. I've done Induction before but that was the first time I felt that fatigued. But I woke up feeling normally thankfully. I am delighted to see a 3lb loss even though I know its water, I will take it!! I even dressed up a bit more than usual out of pure joy.

Jan 3~274
Jan 4~271

Krista: I'm soo happy for you!! I'm awaiting that day (im)patiently to have my clothes too big.

I also want to see up mini goals for myself so that my overall loss that I want won't seem daunting. How do/did you guys go about setting those up? My ultimate goal is 160 and that is where I will be healthier and look great. I have no intention on following the BMI's recommended weight of 125-130. I am heavy chested genetically(will NEVER be below a DDD/F no matter my size) and do not want to walk around looking like an uppercase P again lol.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:07 AM   #55
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

krista linn - I do drink tea. I usually have green tea in the am or afternoon then Chamomile in the evening to help with swelling of the spine over night. They are ok, but just miss the stevia

Trinity - I set my mini goals up in my signature. If you go under your name and click on public profile to the left you can set them up. Hope that's what your asking other then that I just put arbitrary numbers to put in profile, what I thought could be possible.

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128
Old 01-04-2017, 07:11 AM   #56
Trinitystar
Junior LCF Member

Pam-- I was referring to how to choose the mini goals. Is it done by 20lbs for the 1st goal, 30 the next? But you did answer my question thanks!
Old 01-04-2017, 07:25 AM   #57
Lets_do_this!
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lets_do_this!
Stats: 5'7"...164/146.6/135
WOE: Atkins..LC...lchf
Start Date: LC since 01/15, lchf 5/16, lchf restart 11/16
1/2: 147.2
1/3: 146.6
1/4: 146.8

B: fasted
L: taco salad (minus the taco)
Snack: intense dark chocolate 85%, 1 square
D: 1/2 cup whole pecans, 3 buffalo wings

Exercise: 2miles on treadmill

only had 32oz water yesterday so I need to SERIOUSLY work on that...

Ameenah : What are the ingredients in your Asian salad? I am trying to incorporate more greens in my diet. You are so close to goal!

Kelly: Wow, 2017 miles in 2017! I look forward to following your progress as you meet this goal. I used to wear my FitBit everywhere and remembered how it really motivated me to move more. I would purposely park far away just to rack up my numbers. Now? Wellll.....not even sure where my FitBit is, lol. Kudos to you!

Pam: How do you make your clarified butter? I usually buy mine but if it is easy enough then perhaps I can make my own, too. I love the nutty taste that it contains once it's 'clarified'.

Casey: Let me know how the 'barre defined' class goes. I have seen them around in my town and have always contemplated on trying them especially since they incorporate ballet moves. Wow, 100 oz water per day? You are my hero. I am barely trying to get in 64 oz. I really need to work on this.

Belinda: A gym at work?! Sah-weet! A nice job perk for sure!

Rachel: I too am affected by dairy. Not only does it affect my weight loss but causes me horrible breakouts. Arg! But whyyyy do I have to love cheese so much? Anyhow, congrats on your drop yesterday!

Welcome back Happyone81! haha, I LOVE your avatar pic

Welcome Dania!

Welcome to those I may have missed

Today's mantra: The water isn't going to drink itself!

Have a good one everyone...

Determination
\di-,ter-me-na-shen\
a: a fixed purpose, the power and will to persist, resolve, to have the drive, to have the grit, to go the distance, to be hell-bent on reaching a goal no matter what it takes.

Last edited by Lets_do_this!; 01-04-2017 at 07:29 AM..
Lets_do_this! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:28 AM   #58
Alene
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Alene
Stats: 195/172/145
WOE: Lower Carb
Ladies, great to see so many here! Sorry to be away yesterday. Things have been pretty good, but I have been higher in carbs than I want to be. I'm thankful though that my weight has stabilized in a lower range, and I know as I stay the course it will continue downward. I'll be back later!

Jan 1 161.4
Jan 2 162.2
Jan 3 163.4
Jan 4 162.4
Alene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:52 AM   #59
bellalinda
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bellalinda
Stats: 4'11" 175/149.8/135 (1st goal)/123 (maintain)
WOE: extended induction
Start Date: Restart 3/30/15, 1/4/16, 4/25/16, 1/2/17, 7/10/17
good morning!!

today's goal: water water water

1/1 - 155.8
1/2 - 156.4
1/3 - 155.4
1/4 - 154.3

january goal: 148 (so i don't lose $40 in my work weight loss challenge)

B: debating on bulletproof tea or coffee, or fasting
L: LC chili (the last of it)
S: hard boiled egg
D: burger and cheese
W: 30 minutes elliptical or circuit class

how do you all feel about protein shakes? i am always hesitant especially in first two weeks of induction, but they are rather convenient meal replacements on the go. do they make you stall in weight loss?

IG: lindalowcarb

My Journal of Accountability
bellalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:00 AM   #60
Kelibean81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kelibean81
Stats: 165/139/130 5'7"
WOE: LCHF maintenance
Start Date: 3/1/13 Restart 4/4/16
Hi Everyone,

Hanging in there! All this talk about chocolate and I ended up having some peanut M&M's last night. LOL oops.

Regarding making things LC-friendly..... the one thing I find I have a hard time with is artificial sweetener. I haven't found one I really enjoy or don't mind the taste. I should give stevia a try again. But in the past whenever I've made fat bombs, I've completely omitted the sweetener. Unfortunately that makes the treats significantly less enjoyable. I even found reduced sugar Heinz ketchup and was eating it on a burger the other day and immediately realized that it's sweetened with sucralose, and I was completely turned off to it after that. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone recommend a sweetener that actually doesn't taste "diet"?

Jan 1 - 132.8
Jan 2 - 133.7
Jan 3 - 133.2
Jan 4 - 133.7

B - homemade breakfast burrito (low carb tortilla with egg, cheese, sausage, hot sauce)
L - leftover rotisserie chicken
D - cheeseburger with no bun

Kelly

1st Goal: 135 - MET on July 29, 2016!
Final Goal: 130 - MET on August 26, 2016!
Stretch Goal: 125
Maintenance Range: 130-135

Last edited by Kelibean81; 01-04-2017 at 08:06 AM..
Kelibean81 is offline   Reply With Quote