Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-04-2017, 09:13 AM   #61
Kelibean81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kelibean81
Stats: 165/135/130 5'7"
WOE: LCHF maintenance
Start Date: 3/1/13 Restart 4/4/16
Hi Belinda - my two cents on protein shakes is that on occasion, they can be a good choice as a meal replacement when you truly don't have time for anything else (or anything healthy), but truthfully, nothing can replace the nutrition of real food. I used to think I didn't have time to make a lot of meals that I later realized don't take all that much time or effort. My morning breakfast burrito literally takes me 5 minutes to make, and then I put it in a baggie and microwave it when I get to work. I am not at all a morning person, and would have NEVER thought I'd have time to actually make my own breakfast but with a little creativity, I found the time. If you do turn to protein shakes, it should be the exception, not the rule. Hope that helps

Kelly

1st Goal: 135 - MET on July 29, 2016!
Final Goal: 130 - MET on August 26, 2016!
Stretch Goal: 125
Maintenance Range: 130-135

Last edited by Kelibean81; 01-04-2017 at 09:14 AM..
Kelibean81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2017, 10:07 AM   #62
kt_mom
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kt_mom
Stats: 5'7 185/151.2/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11/2015 restart 2/2016
Good morning everyone! I've been MIA (again) for December. I had a pretty intensive class that really took up all my time. I may add a second class for B term in the Spring which will keep me super busy but I'm trying to get ahead on the reading in the one I'm enrolled already just in case. Classes don't start until the 16th thankfully so I still have another week and half of break.

Speaking of break, I took a serious break for most of the month of December (way too many mimosas, lol) and I'm up right now but it was kind of nice to relax and I feel more motivated to get back on track now. My goal for January is to try to get back to my low weight of 141.2. I think some of my gain is water weight but after a month off plan I'm sure some is "real" weight gain. My plan is to go back to simple like I did when I started last year. Feb 1 will be one year.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year! I'm excited to get back on track and hopefully keep in touch this month. I find I do much better when I post and read here daily. Good luck everyone!

3-Jan 154.6
4-Jan 153
kt_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:43 AM   #63
Amera
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amera
LOTS of good losses in here this morning! Yay! Great work everyone. 2017 is already turning out better than 2016.

My rings are feeling loose. Nice to see the Christmas bloat leaving.

B: 3 eggs but again didn't finish all so will drop to 2 tomorrow, 2 small pieces of bacon, avocado
L, D: TBD

My boyfriend is coming home tonight and I swear just his presence makes me want to eat all the bad foods. We are SUCH foodies. But I've tried to explain to him how important this is and how much I want to get back to where I was when we met, so hopefully he will be supportive and not bring bad foods into the house and I can control myself. And he needs to lose a few too so...

Off to write my first uni final ever. Send me some good luck thoughts.

Catch you all later!
Amera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 11:21 AM   #64
krista_linn
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: krista_linn
Stats: 222/194/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Oct, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amera View Post
Off to write my first uni final ever. Send me some good luck thoughts.
Good luck Amera!!!!!
krista_linn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 02:51 PM   #65
Ameenah
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ameenah
Stats: 171.4/151.3/145
WOE: Atkins...low carb
Start Date: Again and Again/restart 5/1/16
Good afternoon beauties

Veronica I can already see you are going to be great at keeping us all motivated. I do so much better when I drink up. My salad consists of romaine lettuce, kale, cabbage and carrots. I add chicken breast and a vinaigrette dressing. It tastes delicious and I have it a few times a week.

Casey I'm with you with the fat bombs.I used to make big batches and freeze them but I would end up eating them all within 2 days. I know make them "as needed" and just one or two servings.

Amera Lots of luck with your finals. I had to laugh at your comment about your boyfriend. My hubby loves to eat every and anything but I have found that it definitely gets easier to be around him without caving the longer you follow this WOE. I try to always have my lc snacks (cheese sticks, fat bombs, nuts) for those moments when I feel tempted to cheat. It does make it difficult when he starts saying that I could use a little cheat since he doesn't think I need to lose any more. Even though I am almost at maintenance I explain time and time again that this was not a diet but a lifestyle change and in order to remain around this weight I have to make good choices...MEN

HappyMom Great to see you again. Don't worry about the gain. You did great considering all your vacations and the eating that usually comes with vacations. I went up and down all month and ended up with a tiny loss. You will be fine in6ce you get back in the swing of things. The great thing is that we all can I agree that this WOE works.

Happyone81 and Dania and so glad to have you here. This is by far the greatest group ever. I know for a fact that I would have given up many months ago if it weren't for this group. Looking forward to sharing tips and to offering motivation and support to each other.

Belinda Nice loss.. I am going to have to try the Bullet Proof Tea.

Kelly So far so good. Keep up the great work. As for sweetener, the only one I use and enjoy is sweet n low. Not the best choice but I haven't been able to completely give it up.

Rachel congrats on the losses and exercise

Start Weight: May 1 2016 ~ 171.4
Goal Weight: 145
Goal Met September 30 2016 ~ 145
Maintenance Range 145 - 149

DETERMINATION GOT ME TO MY GOAL WEIGHT, COMMITMENT WILL KEEP ME HERE
Ameenah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 03:24 PM   #66
Ameenah
Senior LCF Member

CONTINUATION.....

I had to take a quick break and didn't want to lose that long post. Note to self: do not wait until late afternoon to check thread. This has become a super chatty group.

Pam Great job on sticking with this new plan. Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions on what you can try to help with the sweet tooth. Hopefully you will find your answer soon and will continue to be successful. Hope you are feeling better.

Krista Congrats on your NSV. It's such an awesome feeling when our clothes start to get bigger on us

Trinitystar Congrats on such an awesome loss. Hoping your energy level returns. The first few days could be tough but the good thing is that the feeling doesn't last long.

kt_mom back.

Alene Don't worry about staying away for a day or two it happens to most of us. Life happens. Just stay focused and remember we are always here for you.

January goal 145-149 (maintenance range)

Jan 1 152
Jan 2 151
Jan 3 151
Jan 4 151.5

Menu:
B- 2 boiled eggs, coffee
L- Asian salad with chicken
S- 8 nachos with salsa, cheese and sour cream
D- egg salad
S- fat bomb

Did not drink enough water yesterday and my menu was not the greatest. I will prevail and get things under control.

You ladies are awesome and I love all the activity. I hope I didn't forget anyone and if I did I apologize Have a great evening and I will check back regularly(I learned my lesson today. lol)

Old 01-04-2017, 07:06 PM   #67
Amera
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amera
Quote:
Originally Posted by krista_linn View Post
Good luck Amera!!!!!
Thank you so much! I think it went fairly well. I am super hard on myself and currently have a 4.0 and do NOT want to see a 3. It's law school or bust for me.

Ameenah - You said it! I need to grab some snackies from the store. I got everything for LC meals for the week but not some little snacks in case I get a craving. My boyfriend is from India and dieting is just not a thing that he grew up with. His family is FOOD FOOD FOOD all of the time, and yet none of them are overweight. He's super understanding but he thinks I'm perfect (I mean obviously ) so he doesn't think I need to lose any. I appreciate the sentiment but that's so not true LOL
--
On a serious note, as I was walking out of my exam, I got a call from my GP today asking me to come in to see her to go over my MRI results as she's concerned about some changes in my results from last week in comparison to my last MRI in the spring. I won't bore anyone with the long story but I have arthritis in my spine and have had 2 herniated discs. The second one ended my run as a business owner in 2016 which was pretty devastating. I'll be going on Tues morning to see what she has to say. She sounded concerned but not urgently. I imagine my weight gain over the last year hasn't helped, so I'm glad I'm already on the right path. It's probably either a different herniated disc or more degeneration of the bone. Fingers crossed it's nothing too terrible.

I was SO stressed all day, I still haven't eaten since breakfast 9 hours ago. But our plans for dinner are sauteed lemon garlic tilapia in bacon fat, grilled peppers, and assorted steamed veggies.

Hope everyone had a good day and STAYED ON TRACK!!!!!
Amera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:34 PM   #68
Lets_do_this!
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lets_do_this!
Stats: 5'7"...164/146.6/135
WOE: Atkins..LC...lchf
Start Date: LC since 01/15, lchf 5/16, lchf restart 11/16
Kelly: When you tried the Stevia was it the drops or the powder packet? The reason I ask is because I tried the powder and was terrible. The stevia drops are so much better. I use them sparingly in my coffee. You mentioned your peanut M&Ms...when I crave chocolate I indulge in square of ghirardelli 86% intense dark chocolate that is 3 carbs per square. It does the trick for me. It's my 'in case of emergency break glass' type of deal. Apparently I have had emergencies back to back (yesterday and today) lol

Kt_Mom: no worries about your 'break', once you restart it the weight will come off. I recall how stressful school can be as I was in the same boat last year while on this weight loss journey. You will be done before you know it. We have similar stats...I look forward to joining you on this journey.

Amera: So funny you bring up how being around your 'foodie' boyfriend makes you want to eat everything. My husband is the same way and is always trying to get me to 'taste this' and 'taste that' because "one bite won't hurt you'. I would given in just to start all over again, oh well, we live and learn. You got this!

HappyMom: Don't stress those holiday gains. We have allllll been there so just get back up and try again. Look forward to seeing your progress on the board...

Ameenah: I agree with you in that this group is one of the best and motivating. Thanks for sharing your Asian Salad recipe. I try to reserve most of my carbs for more greens...when I am not hogging the carbs up on chocolate, lol... you know...for 'emergencies'...ha!

Trinity: congrats on the loss...never downgrade a loss by saying its 'just water weight' a loss is a loss sister!

Alene: Nice loss!

Krista: I too am a big football fan but go for the Dallas Cowboys. What is your favorite LC game food?

So far only 40 oz of water so far...I guess I need to start chugging. It used to be so easy. I need to learn to LOVE water again.

Determination
\di-,ter-me-na-shen\
a: a fixed purpose, the power and will to persist, resolve, to have the drive, to have the grit, to go the distance, to be hell-bent on reaching a goal no matter what it takes.
Lets_do_this! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:44 PM   #69
Lets_do_this!
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amera View Post
Thank you so much! I think it went fairly well. I am super hard on myself and currently have a 4.0 and do NOT want to see a 3. It's law school or bust for me.

Ameenah - You said it! I need to grab some snackies from the store. I got everything for LC meals for the week but not some little snacks in case I get a craving. My boyfriend is from India and dieting is just not a thing that he grew up with. His family is FOOD FOOD FOOD all of the time, and yet none of them are overweight. He's super understanding but he thinks I'm perfect (I mean obviously ) so he doesn't think I need to lose any. I appreciate the sentiment but that's so not true LOL
--
On a serious note, as I was walking out of my exam, I got a call from my GP today asking me to come in to see her to go over my MRI results as she's concerned about some changes in my results from last week in comparison to my last MRI in the spring. I won't bore anyone with the long story but I have arthritis in my spine and have had 2 herniated discs. The second one ended my run as a business owner in 2016 which was pretty devastating. I'll be going on Tues morning to see what she has to say. She sounded concerned but not urgently. I imagine my weight gain over the last year hasn't helped, so I'm glad I'm already on the right path. It's probably either a different herniated disc or more degeneration of the bone. Fingers crossed it's nothing too terrible.

I was SO stressed all day, I still haven't eaten since breakfast 9 hours ago. But our plans for dinner are sauteed lemon garlic tilapia in bacon fat, grilled peppers, and assorted steamed veggies.

Hope everyone had a good day and STAYED ON TRACK!!!!!

Amera:

Sorry to hear about your spinal issues. I can only imagine how painful that must be but you are a real trooper as you are not letting it get in your way of taking the necessary steps in making your educational/professional goals a reality.

Stay positive about those MRI results. Oh and your dinner plan sounds amazing!

Determination
\di-,ter-me-na-shen\
a: a fixed purpose, the power and will to persist, resolve, to have the drive, to have the grit, to go the distance, to be hell-bent on reaching a goal no matter what it takes.

Last edited by Lets_do_this!; 01-04-2017 at 08:58 PM..
Old 01-04-2017, 10:00 PM   #70
Ameenah
Senior LCF Member

Good evening beauties

I have a confession. I caved AGAIN and had some nachos when hubby asked me to fix him some. He of course was encouraging me to have some more. He thinks I eat like a bird and can't possibly survive on this WOE. I get so mad at myself when I give in to his shenanigans but I only have my lack of willpower to blame. The good news is that I used up the rest of the nachos so the temptation will no longer be here.

Amera Congrats on your success with school. I am so sorry to hear about your health issues. I pray that the results are nothing serious and that Tuesday will be here soon so that you can get your results and not have to stress about what it may be. Hang in there.

Lets_do_this! You're welcome. I try to eat my share of veggies but also have a sweet tooth which causes me to go over on my carbs. At least I have gotten better with eating veggies instead of sweets. I did much better with my water today. I am currently finishing up my 96ozs. I may finish the night at 100ozs and am so happy that I reached 10,000 steps. If only I hadn't eaten those nachos I could have seen a loss. Not looking forward to stepping on the scale but I need to be accountable for my choice

Good night, sweet dreams

Old 01-05-2017, 05:30 AM   #71
krista_linn
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: krista_linn
Stats: 222/194/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Oct, 2016
Good morning everyone! I have so many things to do today that I don't even know where to start. We are leaving tomorrow for a cruise - our Christmas gift to each other. So I'm packing, washing, and picking up things at the store.

I don't plan any "off" days while we are on the cruise, but I will eat slightly more carbs than I normally do (and probably a lot less fat). Food is free and so is water - a good combo! I'm even bringing a bottle of liquid coconut oil so I can have good fats. Diet Coke will be $3 for a glass - no thank you. I'm just super excited to wear my swim suit after losing 27 pounds!!! And hoping to return weighing even less!

Trinity - thanks! the clothes were a surprise - I haven't tried on my work slacks for over a month (working from home is great!) You're doing great - it will happen for you soon too!

Veronica - you must be loving this year if you're a Cowboys fan! My favorite football snack has to be bacon wrapped sausages or LC jalapeno cream cheese balls rolled in crumbled bacon

Belinda - no shakes for me. I never lose if I have something that isn't simple food. This week breakfast has be bullet proof tea - takes 4 minutes including microwave, steeping and blending. It really keeps me full until after lunch. Or I reheat leftovers or rotisserie chicken and add some butter.

Kelly - I (fortunately or unfortunately) like all of the artificial sweeteners except the pink stuff. Stevia took a bit to get used too and I like the liquid version much better than powder. I really like the European sweeteners with cyclamates, but you'd have to fly there to get some (or maybe Canada) Keep trying Stevia in drinks where it mixes completely and maybe you'll start to like it too LOL - I just read Veroica's post! she says the same things but sounds much clearer! listen to her

Amera -

KT Mom - hi again!!

Ameenah - thanks! I love a NSV - just reinforces that I'm doing this right, even if I still look that the scale every day BTW - whenever my hubby makes his big bowl of popcorn and keeps offering it to me, I stay out of the living room. He gets to watch TV all alone and I catch up on the computer. Reduces the temptation and hubby knows that I'm serious.

January Goal: <191 lbs
Jan 1: 196.4
Jan 2: 195.4
Jan 3: 195.4
Jan 4: 195.4
Jan 5: 194.8
krista_linn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:05 AM   #72
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 178/173/130 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Good morning all,

Well tweaking the Whole30. Life is too short not to have stevia in my coffee, lol...So still trying to be good. Really want to lose weight so not doing the sweet potatoes and other stuff like fruit allowed on the program plus adding back in the stevia. I really can't believe how much I enjoyed my coffee but on the whole30 no foods sounded good. Weird...

Had girls night out last night, but totally forgot until I got a phone call. Had been painting all day with hubby and just sat down to a movie when my girlfriend called. Glad I went but man am I tired. Didn't eat, but broke down and had some wine. Didn't get to bed until 2:30am then up at 6:30 with the kids. UGH I am tired. I also have a brunch with some other girlfriends this am. I am bringing the fruit plater, but don't plan on having anything. Just talking and catching up. One of my friends hubby has stage 4 brain cancer so we are all waiting until the 11th to get new results. Hope it's good new, but she just needs to talk. Funny you would think I am some sort of party girl.

Amera - I have all that with my spine too. I have been in and out of the hospital and have had a few spinal surgeries with a few more to do. If you need any info just ask. It's no fun but I manage and without any pain killers. Just trying to get the 35lbs I put on off so my spine doesn't hurt as much. Some days are great, then some not so great. Wishing you the best.

Veronica - It's a lot easier to just buy Kerrygold or ghee from the store, but I just didn't make it to the store so had to make do. Just take butter, put it in a pan and melt over medium low heat. The milk particules will both float on top and fall to the bottom of the pan. skim off the top and strain through a cheese clothe.

Menu:
B - BPC
L - leftover Italian beef veggie soup
D - Ham, salad, sunflower seeds, ranch
S - wine (girls night out)

Weights:
Jan 1 - 178
Jan 2 - 177.4 (tom)
Jan 3 - 176.8 (tom)
Jan 4 - 177 (tom)
Jan 5 - 176.4 (tom)

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128

Last edited by pcaltman; 01-05-2017 at 07:08 AM..
pcaltman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:58 AM   #73
Alene
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Alene
Stats: 167/163.6/145
WOE: Low Carb
Good morning. So much I want to say and no time! I need to start coming here in the evening instead of the morning. If I'm going to have time to exercise I always seem to run out of time! Know that I am wishing you all well.

All is good here. I'm feeling good and my cravings are about gone. Really getting into the flow of my new lifestyle! I'm usually a little over 20 NC, but
not by much.

Jan 1 161.4
Jan 2 162.2
Jan 3 163.4
Jan 4 162.4
Jan 5 161.8
Alene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:05 AM   #74
rachel2writer
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rachel2writer
Stats: 265/206/150
WOE: Paleo
Start Date: 1/11/15
Still having a good streak with the scale - woot! I was 213.8 on December 26, so getting rid of that bloat and water feels great. I'm supposed to do my body weight exercises again today. I was SO sore for two days after doing them on Monday, but dangit, I am determined to keep up with it.

Pam, I'm the same - I can do everything on Whole 30 just fine except I really enjoy a packet of stevia in my coffee.

I have done no food planning today, but we have eggs, breakfast sausage, leftover squash and pork roast, ground beef, and a variety of frozen green vegetables. I'll spend part of today making a menu and shopping list for the next week. I definitely do better when I make a weekly food plan.

Jan 2: 209.8
Jan 3: 209
Jan 4: 208
Jan 5: 207
3rd Goal: 175 (no longer obese)
Final Goal: 150

http://rachelrbs.blogspot.com/
rachel2writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:20 AM   #75
Trinitystar
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Trinitystar
Stats: 274/274/160
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2017
Good morning everyone!! Happy Friday Eve!!

My energy is back up thank goodness for that.

Jan 3~274
Jan 4~271
Jan 5~270

Ameenah--I would have eaten those nachos as well lol. One of my main weaknesses. My boyfriend is always eating something I can't have and trying to tempt me by teasing me with it.

Amera--So sorry to hear about your spine issues. Sending prayers your way!

Side note: I am struggling with all of these soft textures as I can't have most tasty things that are usually crispy. I'm having severe carb cravings right now and almost cheated last night. The only thing that stopped me was the fact that it was about 30 degrees outside and this Louisiana born woman doesn't deal with the cold to well.
Trinitystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:22 AM   #76
Trinitystar
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Trinitystar
Stats: 274/274/160
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: 1/3/2017
Also if anyone can help with this. It seems I wasn't granted access to update my signature. Who and how can I contact someone to see about this?
Trinitystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:44 AM   #77
bellalinda
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bellalinda
Stats: 4'11" 175/150.9/135 (1st goal)/123 (maintain)
WOE: extended induction
Start Date: Restart 3/30/15, 1/4/16, 4/25/16, 1/2/2017
thanks for the feedback on the shakes... yeah, i agree with you all. i almost rather fast than have one.

mmmmm nachos. sooo good.

on sweeteners, i tend to gravitate toward splenda. stevia just doesn't cut it for me, but yes the liquid stevia is soooo much better and is my 2nd runner up. i really think it comes down to personal taste.

krista - have fun on your cruise!! enjoy! i'm so jelly!

1/1 - 155.8
1/2 - 156.4
1/3 - 155.4
1/4 - 154.3
1/5 - 152.4

woosh! so that big drop is totally because i worked out in my work gym at lunch with our personal trainer (all free btw) with this boot camp circuit training thing for an hour. i don't work out, like ever... so that was a big step for me. it's a cool bonding type thing with coworkers as well. hoping their support keeps me accountable.

B: 2 hard boiled eggs, coffee probably
L: LC chili (didn't eat mine yesterday)
D: chicken breast (sous vide!! i bought husband one of these water boil things for xmas and it does wonders with cooking meat)
W: 30 min cardio or 60 min boot camp

My Journal of Accountability
bellalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:31 AM   #78
Ameenah
Senior LCF Member

Good morning beauties

Krista Have a great time on your cruise. What a perfect gift to each other. Awesome job with your weight loss. You should be very proud of yourself.

Pam Great job at not eating while out last night. I find it difficult to turn down food when I am at a social gathering. I say enjoy your coffee, life is indeed too short. I will keep your friends husband in my prayers. I know this has to be a difficult time. She is lucky to have good, supportive friends during this time.

Alene You are adjusting nicely to your new WOE. The scale is definitely reflecting your efforts.

Rachel Nice whoosh. You have a nice variety of foods available. I am sure you will figure out some good lc meals.

Trinitystar Aren't you glad you didn't give in to those carb cravings. Another great loss for you I'm not sure about the signature. Do you have enough posts? You may be able to reach out to one of the moderators.

Belinda Look at you just melting away. Please oh please send that whoosh fairy my way. I did get in 10,000 steps yesterday and 100ozs of water which I believe helped with the gain. I bet it would have been a lot worse without the water and exercise. Keep up the good work.

January goal 145-149 (maintenance range)

Jan 1 152
Jan 2 151
Jan 3 151
Jan 4 151.5
Jan 5 152.8

Menu
B- scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, coffee
L- Asian salad with chicken
S- nachos
D- bbq drumstick
S- fat bomb

What can I say except "that's what I get". Can't be mad at the scale. Time to move on and do better. Thankfully it's the beginning of the month and I have plenty of time to redeem myself. I'm just glad the nachos are out of the house Will try to get in my steps and 100ozs of water. Wish me luck.

Have a wonderful day beauties

Old 01-05-2017, 09:36 AM   #79
Kelibean81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kelibean81
Stats: 165/135/130 5'7"
WOE: LCHF maintenance
Start Date: 3/1/13 Restart 4/4/16
Good Morning everyone,

Well, I was terrible last night. I purposely park about a mile away from my office to get extra steps, and additionally I ran errands after work. Unfortunately, I wore some boots that were NOT made for walking (I got almost 14k steps for the day in them!), and I ended up with two awful blisters. By the time I got home, I didn't even want to think about standing at the stove to cook the burger I had planned for my dinner. DH had picked up a tray of sandwiches from Costco for himself (we often eat separate things due to my WOE... he likes to order out or pick up food which I am usually good about saying no to!) so I ended up having a sandwich which was on focaccia bread and some of DD's goldfish crackers. I also ended up drinking TONS of water, which my body sucked up like a sponge. Needless to say, my weight is way up today. I don't expect it to last though.

Trinitystar
- if memory serves me correctly, I believe you are granted the ability to have a signature after you have posted on this site 25 times?

Veronica and Krista - I actually have never tried the liquid sweetener. I've always had a mental block about that! I guess I should give it a try and see if I like that better. Krista, interesting about the European sweeteners with cyclamates. I travel to Europe at least once a year for work... I will have to look for that next time I go.

Jan 1 - 132.8
Jan 2 - 133.7
Jan 3 - 133.2
Jan 4 - 133.7
Jan 5 - 135.9

Kelly

1st Goal: 135 - MET on July 29, 2016!
Final Goal: 130 - MET on August 26, 2016!
Stretch Goal: 125
Maintenance Range: 130-135

Last edited by Kelibean81; 01-05-2017 at 09:41 AM..
Kelibean81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:25 AM   #80
Dania
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dania
Stats: 229/229/165
WOE: Atkins20
Start Date: January 2017
This is my first time ever doing Low Carb! I'm truly in shock at the losses on the scale, as I've never seen this before. It's only been two days, but I just had to share. FYI, I don't expect it to be this way the entire time, but it's still so exciting!

1/3 - 229.0
1/4 - 225.8
1/5 - 223.6!

But no official weigh-in until Tuesday, 1/10 - my first full week.
Dania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 11:38 AM   #81
Ameenah
Senior LCF Member

Kelly Looks like we both ate something that we should have totally stayed away from compliments of our hubbies but hey it happens and as long as it doesn't become a habit we will soon see a loss. We got this

Dania Isn't this just the most awesome plan? You are doing great. The losses do slow down after some time but as long as you stick to plan you will always continue to show a downward trend. Just remember that you have chosen to make this a lifetime change and though there may be periods of slow losses you will continue to lose as long as you stay committed. Congrats and continued success to you

Old 01-05-2017, 12:45 PM   #82
Lets_do_this!
Senior LCF Member

A quick check in cause I am swamped here at work!

1/2: 147.2
1/3: 146.6
1/4: 146.2

Started prior to Thanksgiving and the weight loss is slowing down...boooo

B: fasted
L: fasted (swamped at work)
snack: piece of 86% dark chocolate
D: 1 buffalo wing, pecans, 1 whole avocado, 1 small grilled chicken thigh w/skin

Met water goal of 64 oz yesterday...working on it today!

will check back in later...................

Determination
\di-,ter-me-na-shen\
Old 01-06-2017, 06:41 AM   #83
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

It's snowed last night so 2hr delay this am for schools. Makes things harder but oh well. Spine swelling this am, but feeling very thin. My stomach is flat and I feel pretty good which is weird because the scale went up. Maybe it's all the water weight from the ham I had for lunch yesterday. Either way I feel good so it's a win. I so want to get into the 160's by the end of this month.

Menu:
B - coffee, hwc, stevia, bacon
L - ham
D - burger, mayo, onions
S - tea, stevia

Weights:
Jan 1 - 178
Jan 2 - 177.4 (tom)
Jan 3 - 176.8 (tom)
Jan 4 - 177 (tom)
Jan 5 - 176.4 (tom)
Jan 6 - 178 (tom)

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128
Old 01-06-2017, 06:45 AM   #84
Casey
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Casey
Stats: At goal / living low carb
WOE: LC / Clean Eating
Start Date: October, 1999
krista - you have the right attitude about the cruise. A vacation doesn't have to mean a weight gain! I went on a cruise and lost weight - lots of activities, good food choices and we took the stairs everywhere - don't use the elevator! You can ask for food the way you want it and remember - it's just food!

Trinity - you mentioned that you're having trouble with all the soft textures - I'm not sure what plan you're on, but you can incorporate crunchy things - pork skins, snow peas, Asian slaw... I know there are more, but I'm drawing a blank. Find low carb favorite "comfort food" to help you stay on plan - and to keep you from feeling deprived. And remember - it's a lifestyle and not a diet that you go on and off of.

I'm doing good with my New Years goals EXCEPT for drinking more water. I'm making it to 64 but not 100 ounces. I'm working on it though. I'm going to be dogsitting today and tomorrow - meaning that I'll have access to food that I don't keep in my house and that's when I have trouble. So, here's my plan - I'm coming here to stay accountable, taking my own food and not eating theirs, and will stay out of the pantry except to access the dog food! I'll also drink sparkling water to keep me away from the food - it feels "special" to me.
Casey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:00 AM   #85
kt_mom
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone! I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday. DH was off and we had a meeting with DS's doctor about possible ADHD and some other issues with school. He's only in kindergarten but we want to stay on top of it since we already started him a year late and he's still struggling. Its so different from DD's kindergarten experience. Anyway DH got me hooked on a show he's watching and we ended up watching a marathon of it yesterday. It was a nice relaxing day but I've got lots to do today now. I'm still waiting on my change in major to go through and if it does I'd like to add a second course for the first term in the spring but so far they are taking a lot longer then the 2-4 business days it was supposed to take. Either way I'm trying to finish the text for the 1 I'm enrolled in. The graduate history classes are very heavy on the reading, which I enjoy but its very time intensive.

We went out Wed night for a friends birthday and I had a couple Mich Ultra's which accounts for the small gain yesterday morning but I was on plan yesterday and the scale rewarded me with a nice loss this morning. I can't wait to be back where I was before the holidays, I can feel it in my clothes right now.

Amera - My rings are a place I noticed a big difference too. My hands retain water really bad and so it still fluctuates especially if its really hot but overall they are very loose now. Good luck in school! I went back last year after getting laid off and I'm really enjoying it. I had to take some additional undergraduate classes to get my GPA up (I was lazy about school when I got my bachelors initially) but now I'm working on my masters. Its crazy how much more serious I am about it this time around. I've got a 4.0 and I'm determined to keep it!

Ameenah - I need to focus on my water intake too. I was doing really good with that when I started this journey last year but I've slowly gotten bad about picking the diet coke instead of the water. I drink too much coffee as well. I need to get back to the basics I was doing last spring/summer.

Let's do this - thanks! I'm really enjoying school right now but its definitely time consuming. I think with Christmas over things will slow down some for me and hopefully I can get back into my routines including staying plugged in here. The motivation and accountability is so helpful!

krista - have fun on the cruise! I have to say I'm super jealous, I would love to be anywhere warm right now! Have fun!

pcaltman- I can't survive without my coffee, I only use hwc though and thankfully that works well with the woe. I used to use flavored creamers and sugar and slowly worked down to just hwc. My DD drinks hers black these days and I wish I could get to that point, but I need my cream.

Rachel - nice losses! It feels great to see the holiday weight/bloat coming off!

Trinity - one thing I found that has helped me a lot was adding in some nuts. I know its not allowed in induction and I didn't add them in until I was several months in and down quite a bit but it has helped me a lot. I have to be careful and count/measure them and I still stay under the 20 carbs a day but it really satisfies my craving to munch on something.

bella - I need to start working out, I know it would help me get to my goal faster but I've never enjoyed it and its even harder to get motivated when its so cold and yucky outside. Last spring I started walking in the mornings but that only lasted a few weeks before I quit.

Keli - you do so great with your daily steps. Maybe I need to invest in a fitbit or something and get an idea of how really bad I am about moving. Maybe being able to set a goal that I can track throughout the day would help.

Dania - LC has been great for me and easier than anything I've tried in the past. The losses will slow down some but if you stay on plan you should continue to see steady losses and it really helps keep you motivated! Good luck!

3-Jan 154.6
4-Jan 153
5-Jan 153.4
6-Jan 151.2
Old 01-06-2017, 07:05 AM   #86
kt_mom
Senior LCF Member

pcaltman- I think we've talked about this in the past, but where are you in VA? We're in central VA near Lynchburg and my kids were really hoping for a delay today but we didn't get anything.

Casey/Krista - you guys are stronger than me, I totally check out on vacation and eat and drink whatever I want. I can usually get back on plan pretty easy afterwards though and thankfully most of the gain is usually water weight.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:16 AM   #87
rachel2writer
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rachel2writer
Stats: 265/206/150
WOE: Paleo
Start Date: 1/11/15
Happy Friday, everyone! It is super cold here today, but no snow. My son stayed home sick, so I think we will just stick around the house and stay warm. Scratch that...I've made out my meal plan for the week, so I need to get some groceries first. THEN we can bundle up and stay in for the weekend.

B: BP coffee
L: pork roast, sliced cucumber with ranch
D: Beef and mushroom soup

Jan 2: 209.8
Jan 3: 209
Jan 4: 208
Jan 5: 207
Jan 6: 206
3rd Goal: 175 (no longer obese)
Final Goal: 150

http://rachelrbs.blogspot.com/
rachel2writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:24 AM   #88
Casey
Senior LCF Member

kt_mom - I really like my Fitbit, but any tracker is good motivation to move more. Especially if you join others in a challenge! Also, regarding vacation - for me it's the same as the holidays - I've been eating clean/low carb for so long that I feel awful when I add too many carbs. It's such a well-established lifestyle for me that my eating choices tend to be automatic and low carb. That being said, I still have issues with portion control and "binge thinking" - ongoing battle within my head that I still struggle with, but much more under control by eating this way. And intermittent fasting has also helped.

Last edited by Casey; 01-06-2017 at 07:25 AM..
Old 01-06-2017, 07:30 AM   #89
pcaltman
Major LCF Poster!

kt_mom - I live in Hillsboro va west of Leesburg

Rach - look at you, you are getting so close!!!!!

Goal 1 = 169
Goal 2 = 165
Goal 3 = 161
Goal 4 = 158
Goal 5 = 151
Final goal = 138
Challenge goal = 128
Old 01-06-2017, 07:31 AM   #90
Casey
Senior LCF Member

about protein shakes- I get a low carb unflavored whey protein powder and blend with kale, avocado and almond/coconut milk (flax meal and chia too) - I use this sometimes as breakfast if I'm not fasting, or as lunch. It's very filling and I usually see a drop on the scale if I replace a meal with this shake. I've started freezing raw kale so that it doesn't go bad before I can use it. I take it off the stems before freezing.