Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-03-2017, 09:52 AM   #31
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
Ha I just picture the tome when I was a teenager when I thought I could just microwave a whole egg in water to hard boil it faster. The egg explosion was so big the door of the kicrowave blew open and there was egg everywhere! 17 year old me thwnnthought it would be a good idea to use the hose to clean it up lol
That's the sort of thing my 16 soon to be 17 year old son would do... Thank God he hates eggs lol.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2017, 09:54 AM   #32
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
If I remember correctly the band is pretty easy to set up because it had easy to follow instructions. Good luck!
I've got it on but still not attempted to set it up. Hope it's not gonna be one of those things that find its way to the charity shop.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:55 AM   #33
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Carb withdrawl headache started yesterday afternoon and it was still there when I woke up this morning. Meal plan will probably be exactly the same as yesterday.

I love my fitbit. It just gives me an added layer of motivation when i am trying to lose weight. My mother in law bought me the Flex 2 for Christmas. I really like how small profile it is compared to the old flex I had. The scale looks pretty neat. I may have to get me one as an early birthday gift.

I hope everyone is able to have a great day on plan!

The

Welcome back!
I got the surge and it is anything but low profile. My son and I were laughing about it earlier... Beam me up Scottie!
Old 01-03-2017, 10:27 AM   #34
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I've got it on but still not attempted to set it up. Hope it's not gonna be one of those things that find its way to the charity shop.
I found it was easier to set up on the mobile app that on the web site. Only takes a couple minutes.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:29 AM   #35
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I got the surge and it is anything but low profile. My son and I were laughing about it earlier... Beam me up Scottie!
That is the one my father in law has. I really wanted everything the surge does but I know there was no way I was going to be able to sleep with that on. I like the sleep monitoring too much to give it up.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:09 AM   #36
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
I know, I hate that, that happened. Would be nice to see what I was eating and doing when I got to goal.
Exactly. I know I was super strict but I was probably more strict than I remember
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:30 AM   #37
joanne88
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joanne88
Stats: 234/216/123 - 5'3"
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 7/26/17
Doing better today! I had some chicken for breakfast, made eggdrop soup and had some cottage cheese for lunch...I'm making spaghetti and meatballs for dinner and I'm just eating meatballs of course and I'm going to boil some eggs so I can have a couple if I need a snack.

I only lost half a pound yesterday so I know I didn't do very well...too much summer sausage and cheese..... whoops!
joanne88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:29 AM   #38
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

I was at 186.6 this morning! It's a small loss but it is a loss!

Today's menu is 5 hb eggs and chicken with cheese. I have dinner plans with my friends tonight. Not sure what I should order is it better to do salad with meat or an appetizer like wings or something because I am still eating higher fat. I am thinking a salad isn't a good idea seeing lettuce stalls me.

If i knew where we were going I could plan for it but I don't know where we are going! My one friend has weighed the same her whole life and just doesn't understand dieting so I don't want to bring it up and have her making comments.

Last edited by Mar922; 01-04-2017 at 05:34 AM..
Old 01-04-2017, 06:02 AM   #39
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Headache is gone, yay!
I was going to weigh this morning but forgot to, maybe tomorrow. Tomorrow we will have have our Bible study lunch but it should be easy to pick something on plan. My mil wants to go to a fancy Italian place for her birthday on Friday or Saturday. I looked at the menu and it does not look well for my plan. I may have no choice about that meal but everything else will be fine.
I am ok with that. I have a year long plan and I need to be able to adjust when needed without it derailing me. This will be the first test...

Quote:

Today's menu is 5 hb eggs and chicken with cheese. I have dinner plans with my friends tonight. Not sure what I should order is it better to do salad with meat or an appetizer like wings or something because I am still eating higher fat. I am thinking a salad isn't a good idea seeing lettuce stalls me.

If i knew where we were going I could plan for it but I don't know where we are going! My one friend has weighed the same her whole life and just doesn't understand dieting so I don't want to bring it up and have her making comments.
Congrats on the loss! I'd go with a higher fat meat anything if they have it. Steak, salmon, chicken. If they have nothing on plan like what I am facing then you may have to eat and just get right back on plan. Eating out is hard sometimes. Enjoy time with your friend.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:37 AM   #40
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EyesOnPrize
Stats: U.S. size 12/2/0. I don't weigh. Age 51.
WOE: Lost w/Stillman, maintain w/JUDDD & Fung fasts
Start Date: September 2014
Ugh -- sick today. Sore throat, cold, the whole shebang. I was sick yesterday, too, but managed to stick to strict Stillman anyway.

B: sautéed seasoned ground turkey, fried up w/2 eggs (no grease, nonstick pan).

L: Snacked, eating every few hours (as Stillman encouraged). 4 rollups w/99% fat-free ham (25 cal per slice) and fat-free cheese (also 25 cal). 4 HB eggs. 4 chicken tenderloins, pressure cooked and seasoned with spices. No fat and no carbs!

D: Sautéed ground turkey with hot sauce.

I must say the InstantPot did a good job making plain chicken tenderloins palatable. It's easy to cook them from frozen. (I have a giant Costco bag of 'em! )

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

-- sig shamelessly stolen from Kissa, quoted for truth!
EyesOnPrize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:32 AM   #41
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I found it was easier to set up on the mobile app that on the web site. Only takes a couple minutes.
It was easy to set up but now why to do with it Lool. I'm looking forward to using the sleep tracker but not sure how it works yet...
Old 01-04-2017, 07:35 AM   #42
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That is the one my father in law has. I really wanted everything the surge does but I know there was no way I was going to be able to sleep with that on. I like the sleep monitoring too much to give it up.
Lol, I know it is big but after a while you honestly forget it's there. Wish it had changeable straps... Hopefully they'll update it soon! Tonight will be my first time using the sleep tracker... If I can work out what yo do that is...
Old 01-04-2017, 09:50 AM   #43
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
It was easy to set up but now why to do with it Lool. I'm looking forward to using the sleep tracker but not sure how it works yet...
It should just do it automatically. Nothing to do. My only complaint is that it starts tracking me as sleeping while I am reading my kindle in bed. I lay on my side and do not move at all.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:09 AM   #44
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
It should just do it automatically. Nothing to do. My only complaint is that it starts tracking me as sleeping while I am reading my kindle in bed. I lay on my side and do not move at all.
I was just reading the info and as I understand it, there's a way to start and stop the tracker... So you could start it when you finish your book. That's with the Surge but might be the case with all of them?
Old 01-05-2017, 03:12 AM   #45
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne88 View Post
Doing better today! I had some chicken for breakfast, made eggdrop soup and had some cottage cheese for lunch...I'm making spaghetti and meatballs for dinner and I'm just eating meatballs of course and I'm going to boil some eggs so I can have a couple if I need a snack.

I only lost half a pound yesterday so I know I didn't do very well...too much summer sausage and cheese..... whoops!
Half a pound is half a pound in the right direction.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:15 AM   #46
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I weighed the same up until my late 30's. I still can't get my head around my weight?!
Congrats on the loss!
Old 01-05-2017, 03:22 AM   #47
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnPrize View Post
Ugh -- sick today. Sore throat, cold, the whole shebang. I was sick yesterday, too, but managed to stick to strict Stillman anyway.

L: Snacked, eating every few hours (as Stillman encouraged). 4 rollups w/99% fat-free ham (25 cal per slice) and fat-free cheese (also 25 cal). 4 HB eggs. 4 chicken tenderloins, pressure cooked and seasoned with spices. No fat and no carbs!

I must say the InstantPot did a good job making plain chicken tenderloins palatable. It's easy to cook them from frozen. (I have a giant Costco bag of 'em! )
Hope you feel better soon. Well done sticking to plan... You're rocking this! I started high fat as I always do... Today I will begin dropping the fat and I'll be strict (my strict... I've adapted a Stillman's plan that works for me) within the next couple of days. Hopefully the landing will be easy.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:49 AM   #48
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Four days on plan down 6.6 pounds. Not bad!
I was wrong and do not have Bible study today. It starts back next week so I do not have to worry about eating out for lunch.

EyesOnPrize Hope you are feeling better today.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:38 AM   #49
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/189.6/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Doing okay. Super sore from gym classes. Stairs are my enemy as well as standing. I have another class tonight and tomorrow I'll be doing something extremely light and I'll either need to do an Epsom bath or an ice bath for my muscles. I'm supposed to stay away from the scale and either weigh weekly or every 2 weeks. My legs are so sore and feel heavy haha. Got weighed in yesterday so next Wednesday or the Wednesday after I'll get my official numbers. I might try to wait until the 18th so I don't get discouraged immediately with the workout program. But let's face it I'm a scale junkie so 2 weeks is a long time not to get on it....
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 05:01 AM   #50
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I was wrong and do not have Bible study today. It starts back next week so I do not have to worry about eating out for lunch.

That's amazing! I've not lost a bean but I'm high fat at the moment. You've inspired me to get back on Stills ASAP... Think today will be my last high fat day.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:26 AM   #51
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

So... I'm going to do an online food shop which is a little crazy BC there still so much food here from Christmas... Thank God for freezers. I'm going to buy some of those liquid stevia sweeteners that have added flavours. Anyone use those? Figured they might be good to add to my protein shakes. I'll also stock up on the 0 noodles and rice, they are a God send on Stillmans and don't derail my weightloss.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:40 AM   #52
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Just want to add that I have a plan... If at any time I struggle, I will switch to Dukan on that day or until such time I feel I can get back on to Stills. If there are special events or again I'm struggling with staying on plan, I will do South Beach that day. This will still enable me to continue losing weight. I remember when I got to goal with Stillmans A few years back, I did something like this... I used the South Beach diet as a safety net. I'm obviously going to come off plan at some point... Just look at my track record lol. I feel these 3 weightloss plans work well together. I have enough experience to know these things unfortunately. I'm determined to do this but I have to be realistic. This way, I never have to feel like I'm failing. Hopefully, I'll put an end to that negative cycle of fail, binge, fail, start again all the while getting fatter in the process. Are you doing anything different this time around? If yes please share, would love to know. MMS x

Last edited by makemeslim; 01-05-2017 at 05:41 AM..
Old 01-05-2017, 06:39 AM   #53
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

I'm chatty today lol. Just got a text message come through my Fitbit wristband... Loving this thing especially BC I never know where my phone is.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:59 AM   #54
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Headache is gone, yay!
I was going to weigh this morning but forgot to, maybe tomorrow. Tomorrow we will have have our Bible study lunch but it should be easy to pick something on plan. My mil wants to go to a fancy Italian place for her birthday on Friday or Saturday. I looked at the menu and it does not look well for my plan. I may have no choice about that meal but everything else will be fine.
I am ok with that. I have a year long plan and I need to be able to adjust when needed without it derailing me. This will be the first test...

Congrats on the loss! I'd go with a higher fat meat anything if they have it. Steak, salmon, chicken. If they have nothing on plan like what I am facing then you may have to eat and just get right back on plan. Eating out is hard sometimes. Enjoy time with your friend.
I ended up having s burger wrapped on lettuce. It was higher fat but no carbs and pretty tasty actually

Good mindset! You have a plan and it will all work out.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:00 AM   #55
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnPrize View Post

Hopefully you are feeling better today. Your menu looks pretty good!
Old 01-05-2017, 08:02 AM   #56
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I weighed the same up until my late 30's. I still can't get my head around my weight?!
Congrats on the loss!
That gives me hope! I weighed 160 through most of my 20s went up and down 15lbs from time to time. I would really like to not be on the 180s. Maybe my 30s will be when I hit an all time low!
Old 01-05-2017, 08:04 AM   #57
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

That's awesome!

I am 4 days on plan and only down a lb it's something though!
Old 01-05-2017, 08:07 AM   #58
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So... I'm going to do an online food shop which is a little crazy BC there still so much food here from Christmas... Thank God for freezers. I'm going to buy some of those liquid stevia sweeteners that have added flavours. Anyone use those? Figured they might be good to add to my protein shakes. I'll also stock up on the 0 noodles and rice, they are a God send on Stillmans and don't derail my weightloss.
I have not been able to find those noodles lately. I really like them I may have to venture to the Chinese grocery store on the other side of the city to see if they have them, that's where I found them last time. I used to be able to get the tofu ones at the store near me but they closed
Old 01-05-2017, 08:09 AM   #59
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Just want to add that I have a plan... If at any time I struggle, I will switch to Dukan on that day or until such time I feel I can get back on to Stills. If there are special events or again I'm struggling with staying on plan, I will do South Beach that day. This will still enable me to continue losing weight. I remember when I got to goal with Stillmans A few years back, I did something like this... I used the South Beach diet as a safety net. I'm obviously going to come off plan at some point... Just look at my track record lol. I feel these 3 weightloss plans work well together. I have enough experience to know these things unfortunately. I'm determined to do this but I have to be realistic. This way, I never have to feel like I'm failing. Hopefully, I'll put an end to that negative cycle of fail, binge, fail, start again all the while getting fatter in the process. Are you doing anything different this time around? If yes please share, would love to know. MMS x
That's a good plan! I remember doing something similar when I lost on stills years ago, I would do induction if I went out. Then I discovered dukan and would do that just to change things up sometimes. The problem I have is I don't remember how often I did that so I have to figured it out all over again.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:14 AM   #60
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

I was at 186.2 this morning! Considering I went out and ate a bit off plan I am very happy.

I slept in this morning and didn't have a lunch prepacked so I had to come to work with no food. Luckily there is a big buffet on the basement so I went there to get hard boiled eggs and they had a bunch of chicken at the build your own salad bar so I got that too and am completely on plan. I have a love hate relationship with the buffet because it's tempting and also expensive but today I am happy it's there!