Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-05-2017, 09:18 AM   #61
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EyesOnPrize
Stats: U.S. size 12/2/0. I don't weigh. Age 51.
WOE: Lost w/Stillman, maintain w/JUDDD & Fung fasts
Start Date: September 2014
Great going, everyone! I love hearing about those pounds coming off. What a great start, BrattyS!

I'm still sick and staying home for the second day in a row. Bleaaaach. I've been unable to do my exercises (Callanetics) but I have stayed on strict Stills.

B: Eggs & sautéed ground turkey
L: Ground turkey with hot sauce
D: Eggs & sautéed ground turkey

Probably will have the same today! I have been "cheating" by having some Fisherman's Friend cough drops. I just couldn't deal with the hacking cough.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

-- sig shamelessly stolen from Kissa, quoted for truth!
EyesOnPrize is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2017, 10:30 AM   #62
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
That gives me hope! I weighed 160 through most of my 20s went up and down 15lbs from time to time. I would really like to not be on the 180s. Maybe my 30s will be when I hit an all time low!
I was actually super slim until my late 30's. I honestly blame wine! You'll do it Marl... This will be our year!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:33 AM   #63
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That's awesome!

I am 4 days on plan and only down a lb it's something though!
A pound is a pound, well done! You're probs just holding on to water. Don't sweat it. Have faith, it will come off. x
Old 01-05-2017, 10:38 AM   #64
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
That's a good plan! I remember doing something similar when I lost on stills years ago, I would do induction if I went out. Then I discovered dukan and would do that just to change things up sometimes. The problem I have is I don't remember how often I did that so I have to figured it out all over again.
Its so much better than just quitting completely!
Old 01-05-2017, 10:40 AM   #65
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnPrize View Post
Great going, everyone! I love hearing about those pounds coming off. What a great start, BrattyS!

I'm still sick and staying home for the second day in a row. Bleaaaach. I've been unable to do my exercises (Callanetics) but I have stayed on strict Stills.

Probably will have the same today! I have been "cheating" by having some Fisherman's Friend cough drops. I just couldn't deal with the hacking cough.
Great menu! In fact, I'm just about to add some turkey mince to my online shop!
Old 01-05-2017, 11:06 AM   #66
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/211.6/155 5'7"
Start Date: 1-1-17- bumps along the way
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
I was actually super slim until my late 30's. I honestly blame wine! You'll do it Marl... This will be our year!
I was slim until after I had my son 10 years ago. I was 33. Cancer, hysterectomy, and quitting smoking did me in. I ate a 12" turkey bacon sub sandwich and Ben and Jerrys ice cream almost every night. (as a snack!) Gained all my weight in less than a year. Been bouncing the same 20-30 pounds ever since. Hopefully this is my last year fat. I want it off!
Old 01-05-2017, 11:08 AM   #67
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Rest up! Your menu reminds me of when I ate a bunch of turkey on stills last year. I still can hardly eat it.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:13 AM   #68
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Just want to add that I have a plan... If at any time I struggle, I will switch to Dukan on that day or until such time I feel I can get back on to Stills. If there are special events or again I'm struggling with staying on plan, I will do South Beach that day. This will still enable me to continue losing weight. I remember when I got to goal with Stillmans A few years back, I did something like this... I used the South Beach diet as a safety net. I'm obviously going to come off plan at some point... Just look at my track record lol. I feel these 3 weightloss plans work well together. I have enough experience to know these things unfortunately. I'm determined to do this but I have to be realistic. This way, I never have to feel like I'm failing. Hopefully, I'll put an end to that negative cycle of fail, binge, fail, start again all the while getting fatter in the process. Are you doing anything different this time around? If yes please share, would love to know. MMS x
My difference this time is I am not being so militant about it. I am eating higher fat and If I have to have a meal off for whatever reason, I am going to. (without stress) I am also making sure to get in as much activity as my ankle will allow. It still has not fully recovered so I am limited. I aim for either a 20 minute walk on my treadmill or a 20 minute ride on the recumbent bike. I will do more as my body adapts.
I broke my goals into small goals. Hopefully all this helps this time.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:55 AM   #69
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
I had a great day on plan yesterday and was down a lb today. I am happy my weight is finally moving and hope this keeps up!

We have a dinner tonight but I picked a restaurant where I can eat only meat! So aside from the possibility of too much salt I will be on plan all day.

Today's menu:

- lunch meat (not sure what type o just grabbed from th fridge lol) and cheese
- 16 oz steak
- restaurant meat

Hope everyone has a great Friday! For a short week it was really long...
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:22 AM   #70
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Had another great day on plan. Did not get on the scale though.
Yesterday I made some garlic "cloud bread" and made a very yummy turkey and pepper jack cheese sandwich. These little hacks keep me sane and give my will power a little boost. My daughter made chocolate covered popcorn for her band teacher yesterday with plenty of leftovers... I struggled for a few minutes while they were actively eating it but after that I was fine. So happy I did not cave in to temptation.

I hope you all are doing OK.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:22 AM   #71
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I had a great day on plan yesterday and was down a lb today. I am happy my weight is finally moving and hope this keeps up!

We have a dinner tonight but I picked a restaurant where I can eat only meat! So aside from the possibility of too much salt I will be on plan all day.

Today's menu:

- lunch meat (not sure what type o just grabbed from th fridge lol) and cheese
- 16 oz steak
- restaurant meat

Hope everyone has a great Friday! For a short week it was really long...
Congrats on the pound!
Old 01-06-2017, 08:17 AM   #72
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Had another great day on plan. Did not get on the scale though.
Yesterday I made some garlic "cloud bread" and made a very yummy turkey and pepper jack cheese sandwich. These little hacks keep me sane and give my will power a little boost. My daughter made chocolate covered popcorn for her band teacher yesterday with plenty of leftovers... I struggled for a few minutes while they were actively eating it but after that I was fine. So happy I did not cave in to temptation.

I hope you all are doing OK.
Cloud bread recipe please!

Good job on resisting! I often have a fancy tea or coffee for dessert so I feel like I am getting a treat. It actually works quite well.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:31 AM   #73
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Cloud bread recipe please!

Good job on resisting! I often have a fancy tea or coffee for dessert so I feel like I am getting a treat. It actually works quite well.
I private messaged you the site that has it.

3 eggs, separated
3 Tablespoons cream cheese
¼ teaspoon baking powder (or cream of tartar)

Mix egg yolks, cream cheese and any flavoring in one bowl till mostly smooth.
Mix egg white and baking powder or cream of tartar in another bowl until stiff peaks. It takes about 4-5 minutes with my electric hand mixer.
Fold yolk mix into egg white mix.
Put spoonfuls on baking sheets lined with baking (parchment) paper (lightly greased) I use about a quarter cup or a but more. Depends how big you want them.
I used foil sprayed with Pam and it worked ok. They came off pretty easy with a spatula.
Cook for 25-30 minutes at 300 degrees (oven) They will be light to golden brown.
Old 01-06-2017, 10:03 AM   #74
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/189.6/148-155
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Feeling really good today. Very sore but good. Eating healthy and everything is going to plan.
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:22 AM   #75
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

kal, I love how you have added little rewards to every step of your weight loss! What a clever way to keep yourself motivated.

The turkey thing is a great "hack" for me, because I just brown several pounds at a time with various spicy seasonings, like Jamaican jerk, curry, and vindaloo, and then keep it in Ziplock bags in the fridge (or the freezer, if I've made more than I'll use in a few days). Then it's always there and I can grab some, put it in a bowl, and nuke it to eat with a bit of hot sauce... or I can heat it up in a pan and add eggs to make an omelette/scramble. The less time I have to spend preparing food the better for me on this diet.

And yes, same exact meals yesterday as the two days before! And I was glad I had all that pre-made turkey because I sure have been sick, and not up to preparing anything.

I also make big batches of HB eggs and cooked chicken tenderloins. They all keep well in the fridge till I use them.

As for weight loss, I couldn't tell you. Since I don't weigh, I go by the fit of my clothes, but I haven't gotten dressed in several days!

Old 01-06-2017, 11:39 AM   #76
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
kal, I love how you have added little rewards to every step of your weight loss! What a clever way to keep yourself motivated.

The turkey thing is a great "hack" for me, because I just brown several pounds at a time with various spicy seasonings, like Jamaican jerk, curry, and vindaloo, and then keep it in Ziplock bags in the fridge (or the freezer, if I've made more than I'll use in a few days). Then it's always there and I can grab some, put it in a bowl, and nuke it to eat with a bit of hot sauce... or I can heat it up in a pan and add eggs to make an omelette/scramble. The less time I have to spend preparing food the better for me on this diet.

And yes, same exact meals yesterday as the two days before! And I was glad I had all that pre-made turkey because I sure have been sick, and not up to preparing anything.

I also make big batches of HB eggs and cooked chicken tenderloins. They all keep well in the fridge till I use them.

As for weight loss, I couldn't tell you. Since I don't weigh, I go by the fit of my clothes, but I haven't gotten dressed in several days!
I love your turkey bags idea. I may have to try it again with some actually flavoring. I mostly just used salt and pepper before. I am the same as you. I have pre cooked food ready to eat. The hard boiled eggs is a life saver sometimes.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:43 PM   #77
joanne88
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joanne88
Stats: 234/218/123 - 5'3"
Start Date: 10/31/16
Ugh... I've been getting myself off track and being really half hearted about it. I have been having a great start to my day but keep screwing up at dinner by eating carbs. This has made the scale stay exactly the same for 4 days

So this morning when I weighed the same despite my efforts I just thought, if I don't put in 100 % effort, I'm not going to lose any more weight. I was wondering if I was mostly depleting my body of carbs then giving in to the cravings caused me to retain enough water to just keep me the same weight? I did have a calorie deficit, but maybe since my body hasn't gotten into a fully ketogenic state again yet I'm stuck? It really sounds like I have too much time on my hands!

Anyways, long story short - I gave 100 percent today and am now suffering the effects of keto flu. Hoping tomorrow will go well too, we have a birthday party to go to that they will be serving burgers and hot dogs at, but also ice cream and cake that I will have to avoid. Hopefully the scale will show a drop and give me a little extra motivation to stick to plan tomorrow.
joanne88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:51 AM   #78
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I often eat the same thing too! I always say you know you are truly hungry when you are craving chicken (or turkey in your case) as opposed to just eating because it's "lunch time". Convenience in this diet definitely makes I more doable and affordable!

Hope you feel better soon!
Old 01-07-2017, 06:52 AM   #79
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne88 View Post
Ugh... I've been getting myself off track and being really half hearted about it. I have been having a great start to my day but keep screwing up at dinner by eating carbs. This has made the scale stay exactly the same for 4 days

So this morning when I weighed the same despite my efforts I just thought, if I don't put in 100 % effort, I'm not going to lose any more weight. I was wondering if I was mostly depleting my body of carbs then giving in to the cravings caused me to retain enough water to just keep me the same weight? I did have a calorie deficit, but maybe since my body hasn't gotten into a fully ketogenic state again yet I'm stuck? It really sounds like I have too much time on my hands!

Anyways, long story short - I gave 100 percent today and am now suffering the effects of keto flu. Hoping tomorrow will go well too, we have a birthday party to go to that they will be serving burgers and hot dogs at, but also ice cream and cake that I will have to avoid. Hopefully the scale will show a drop and give me a little extra motivation to stick to plan tomorrow.
Good job getting back on track I find I so easy to just fall off plan at first because I haven't fully committed to it.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:04 AM   #80
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

I was down another .5 today even after eating out last night so I am happy! I think i am moving in the right direction now hopefully no more stalls for a bit now!

I am doing the stress free approach again and I works much better but I have to stick with it. I can't just go off plan and then stay off for 2ish months because I m "busy" I can find time to cook and eat almost very day so I am not too busy for stills!

I thought I had only gained 4ish lbs going off but looking at my stats I had gained 11! Not great...

The hardest part of stillmans for me is my attitude, I get "tired" of protein and I "deserve" a night, weekend or week off plan and then I fail. Now I am just trying to recognize the signs and if I am feeling like I want to quit I will add some fat or veggies instead of fries and ice cream and then go back to stills without the Guilt and the weight gain.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:05 AM   #81
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

I weighed this morning at 222.4 That is a loss of 8.8 with 6 days on plan.

I weighed because tonight is my mil's birthday dinner. They have steak on the menu but it is ridiculously expensive. I may have to eat off plan for tonight. I will just pick the least damaging thing I can. I will not let it derail me. I will be right back on like it never happened. No dessert!
Old 01-07-2017, 07:07 AM   #82
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

It is hard when your start is like that.We have all done it countless times. Congrats on getting one day down. I hope your keto flu goes away quickly!
Old 01-07-2017, 07:11 AM   #83
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I was down another .5 today even after eating out last night so I am happy! I think i am moving in the right direction now hopefully no more stalls for a bit now!

I am doing the stress free approach again and I works much better but I have to stick with it. I can't just go off plan and then stay off for 2ish months because I m "busy" I can find time to cook and eat almost very day so I am not too busy for stills!

I thought I had only gained 4ish lbs going off but looking at my stats I had gained 11! Not great...

The hardest part of stillmans for me is my attitude, I get "tired" of protein and I "deserve" a night, weekend or week off plan and then I fail. Now I am just trying to recognize the signs and if I am feeling like I want to quit I will add some fat or veggies instead of fries and ice cream and then go back to stills without the Guilt and the weight gain.
Yay! It feels awesome when you come out with a loss despite going out to eat. Your pattern sounds a lot like mine. To go off plan means to really GO OFF PLAN!
Old 01-07-2017, 07:37 AM   #84
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I love your turkey bags idea. I may have to try it again with some actually flavoring. I mostly just used salt and pepper before. I am the same as you. I have pre cooked food ready to eat. The hard boiled eggs is a life saver sometimes.
I know. I really couldn't have ever succeeded at this diet if I'd had to actually THINK about cooking and eating many times every day! I have to have stuff ready. Just bought a bunch of sliced turkey cold cuts for a change of pace. I can't do it if I have to cook every time. The one great advantage of this diet for my lifestyle is that it's so restricted it's brainless. Hungry? Well, there's HB eggs, fat-free cold cuts, sautéed turkey, precooked chicken tenders, or if I'm at home I can make scrambled eggs in about 2 minutes. That's it for choices! It makes it much simpler, which for me is less stressful.

Old 01-07-2017, 07:43 AM   #85
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I weighed this morning at 222.4 That is a loss of 8.8 with 6 days on plan.

I weighed because tonight is my mil's birthday dinner. They have steak on the menu but it is ridiculously expensive. I may have to eat off plan for tonight. I will just pick the least damaging thing I can. I will not let it derail me. I will be right back on like it never happened. No dessert!
Yay BrattyS! This is something I think everyone has to navigate in order to be successful -- the idea of dipping off the plan for one meal but getting right back on. There really are certain occasions when it's socially impossible to stay on the diet. I think that for a lot of people the key is avoiding sweets (and possibly alcohol, depending on the person), because they seem to set off uncontrollable cravings. YMMV, of course! The main thing is to be aware of whatever it is that triggers the falling-off-and-staying-off spiral, and stop doing it, whatever it is! (For me, weighing. For others, sweets and/or alcohol. For you, maybe something else altogether!)

Old 01-07-2017, 07:52 AM   #86
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh, I know that feeling so well! Have you tried reframing it? In other words, telling yourself, "I *deserve* to look great and have my friends look me up and down with amazement and admiration! I *deserve* to fit into those special clothes I'm saving! I *deserve* to enjoy clothes shopping and not dread a lecture when I visit the doctor! I do not deserve to be derailed from all that good stuff by some stupid crybaby toddler voice in my head whining that she can't have everything she wants the second she wants it! She'll take the food I give her and she'll like it, 'cause I'm the boss!"

This is the kind of self-talk that works for me when I'm visited by the "I DESERVE" devil on my shoulder!

Last edited by EyesOnPrize; 01-07-2017 at 08:06 AM..
Old 01-07-2017, 09:11 AM   #87
joanne88
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: joanne88
Stats: 234/218/123 - 5'3"
Start Date: 10/31/16
I think I was right... lost 2.5 pounds yesterday and look WAY less bloated. Now if I can just get through this weekend without going off plan, I should be set!
joanne88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:23 AM   #88
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I think I was right... lost 2.5 pounds yesterday and look WAY less bloated. Now if I can just get through this weekend without going off plan, I should be set!
YAY! I love whooshes! I hope that encourages you to keep on keepin' on!

Old 01-07-2017, 06:26 PM   #89
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I private messaged you the site that has it.

3 eggs, separated
3 Tablespoons cream cheese
¼ teaspoon baking powder (or cream of tartar)

Mix egg yolks, cream cheese and any flavoring in one bowl till mostly smooth.
Mix egg white and baking powder or cream of tartar in another bowl until stiff peaks. It takes about 4-5 minutes with my electric hand mixer.
Fold yolk mix into egg white mix.
Put spoonfuls on baking sheets lined with baking (parchment) paper (lightly greased) I use about a quarter cup or a but more. Depends how big you want them.
I used foil sprayed with Pam and it worked ok. They came off pretty easy with a spatula.
Cook for 25-30 minutes at 300 degrees (oven) They will be light to golden brown.
Thanks!!!
Old 01-07-2017, 06:40 PM   #90
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh, I know that feeling so well! Have you tried reframing it? In other words, telling yourself, "I *deserve* to look great and have my friends look me up and down with amazement and admiration! I *deserve* to fit into those special clothes I'm saving! I *deserve* to enjoy clothes shopping and not dread a lecture when I visit the doctor! I do not deserve to be derailed from all that good stuff by some stupid crybaby toddler voice in my head whining that she can't have everything she wants the second she wants it! She'll take the food I give her and she'll like it, 'cause I'm the boss!"

This is the kind of self-talk that works for me when I'm visited by the "I DESERVE" devil on my shoulder!
That's a perfect way to think of it, I am going to try that!