Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-08-2017, 09:13 PM   #121
Love2bSkinny
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Love2bSkinny
WOE: Stillmans/Very Low Carb
Start Date: Jan 2015
Not a newbie

Hey its been a couple of years and I did awesome on this diet so I'm back . I remember Al and makemeslim , Mar , mim and my good friend here GT her advice was gold !

I need to jump on in guys I have reached 170lbs and it is my highest weight in my whole life!
I'm not buying larger clothes !
I remember when Al was losing with chicken ! Chicken and more chicken that is where I will begin. I bought Frank's hot sauce and 4lbs of chicken breasts from Costco also i bought crystal light yep I bought grape and fruit punch ! new year! new me !
Love2bSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2017, 01:32 AM   #122
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
The shakes I'm using are the Isopure Zero Carb. They are more like flavored water vs a thicker whey protein shake like Atkins, but they taste great! There are no carbs, no sugar, and 160 calories and 40 grams of protein per bottle. I plan on drinking them when I wake up, then one every 6 hours from there. That would get me to 120 grams of protein. I start tomorrow. I'll be taking my Dr. Williams vitamin packs while on plan as well. They are the only vitamin packs that I can take on an empty stomach, without food, without issue.

It's actually similar to the Protein Sparing Modified Fast. I've read a study on two versions of eating on the plan. One with food which is similar to Stillman's and one that was liquid protein. And that's what got me the idea for trying a liquid version for a couple weeks. I figured I could then either transition to PSMF, or Stillman's, since they are similar. Honestly, I really just like the simplicity of just grabbing a drink vs cooking a meal of bland chicken. Bleh! I think the biggest difference with PSMF is that calories can go a lot lower, I think I read 400-500 to start. It was prescribed a lot in the 1970's for obese patients. So needless to say, I won't be working out for a couple weeks. Luckily, I work from home and it's mostly sit down work.

The downside is that each 12 pack costs $39.99. I bought my first two packs with a $10 off coupon, so that saved me some money. You can buy the 12 packs at GNC, or order online. But I would like to try this for 30 days. So will let you guys know how I get along!

Last edited by IWasMadeThisWay; 01-09-2017 at 01:36 AM..
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:39 AM   #123
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnPrize View Post
Welcome back, IWMTW! I remember you from my first go-round on Stillman! Stills is definitely "boring but simple," so you've got a lot in common w/us! Let us know how you do. Your diet sounds intriguing. Is it a doctor's Rx or something you buy or something you make or...?
Thanks! Yes it's been a while! My weight went up an extra 50lbs since then. But that's mostly due to a bad back + prednisone in 2016. Go figure :/ So now that's just extra weight I now have to lose. But I know high protein works great!

You should see my answer above this post, but I use the Isopure Zero Carb drinks. I was going to go to a local clinic and realized it really wasn't worth the out of pocket prices. They would try to put me on something like Optifast.
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:53 AM   #124
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Well, the crazy gastrointestinal issues have started rearing their heads. That's a drag, but it seems like an inevitable part of adjusting to strict Stills. Maybe it means my system is getting ready to let go of some fat.

One thing I'm doing differently this time is I'm adding Callanetics to the mix. If anyone doesn't know about Callanetics and is curious, there's an open thread here.

I had started it before but got derailed for some reason, I think because it was just hard to fit 1 hour into my schedule. But I got the "Quick Callanetics" DVD, which has 20-minute segments, and those I can do in the morning. Let me tell you, I think I'm getting addicted to these exercises, so much so that I was pissed last week when I was so sick I had to skip several days! They make me feel great and Callan is so gentle and encouraging, and accepting of physical limitations. None of this "FEEL THE BURN!!" stuff. She's very focused on not hurting yourself, and I'm old enough that that matters a lot. Not because I live in fear of being hurt, but because I've been derailed by injuries so many times and it's hard to get back on track, even when you've healed. Plus, I think injuries start to subliminally associate exercise with pain and damage and it takes lots of inner pep talks to overcome that. Callanetics doesn't hurt me. It makes me feel great!
I'm going to check that out... Back issues here so need gentle.
makemeslim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:57 AM   #125
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I don't know if you were here when GT was posting but she did Callanetics and stills and she had lost a lot of weight and really toned up. I had forgotten about that, thanks for the reminder! I am going to look into it!
Yes she did... We both did Clair Nasir for a bit. Then GT moved to that super hard Work out plan... What was it called? That's it, Insanity! GT loved to work out. Funny, I was thinking of her just yesterday. Hope she drops by.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:59 AM   #126
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am down 4.4 lbs this week!

I woke up in a lot of pain and I don't know if I am coming down with something or if my stress/bad sleep last night are causing me pain but I can't move my head at all! I really wanted to find comfort in food today but I stayed low carb and just upped my fat!

Breakfast was bacon and eggs.
Lunch was bacon, a 1 carb protein bar and protein chips
Dinner was 2 burgers.

I normally stay away from the carb free versions of junk foods because I tend to over do it and then stalling, but this allowed me to stay on plan and still have chips and a "chocolate bar".
Great loss! Did you pull a muscle maybe? Hope you're better today.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:02 AM   #127
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yay Mar!! You're melting away!

Good for you for staying on your plan despite feeling crappy. You could have used it as an excuse for going off, but you didn't let it derail you!

BTW, not sure what low-carb protein bar you're using, but once upon a time when I was doing Atkins, I occasionally had lo-carb protein bars and I found that they stalled the heck out of me! I finally decided that it was probably (?) the glycerin and I cut them out for good. I know they don't have this effect on everyone, but wanted to put it out there. Hopefully you are one of the many who can use them at will.
Those bars stall me too if I'm high fat but I can tolerate them occasionally if I'm low fat. Actually, it's the same with AS... I can consume as much as I want on stillmans but just a few drinks really muck me up on LCHF.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:05 AM   #128
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Checking in on the forum .. Getting my mindset for tomorrow

First things first I will weigh then get my coffee ready , 2 HB eggs for breakfast then leftover pork loin roast to nibble on all day . I am anxious about it.

I am enjoying the rest of my bottle of chambourd a few glasses a nice night cap :: cheers :: "To Dr. Stillmans "
I'm having eggs this morning too but 3 of them mashed with a tiny amount of LF mayo and mustard.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:11 AM   #129
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2bSkinny View Post
Hey its been a couple of years and I did awesome on this diet so I'm back . I remember Al and makemeslim , Mar , mim and my good friend here GT her advice was gold !

I need to jump on in guys I have reached 170lbs and it is my highest weight in my whole life!
I remember when Al was losing with chicken ! Chicken and more chicken that is where I will begin. I bought Frank's hot sauce and 4lbs of chicken breasts from Costco also i bought crystal light yep I bought grape and fruit punch ! new year! new me !
((((Love2))))) So good to have you back!!! I love it when all the oldies get together again! Mim will be back soon but unfortunately GT has not been on. I do have Al's email, I might drop her a line soon, see how she is. You've just reminded me of the CL thing, lol. Oh Geez grape is my favourite!! The last time I checked Amazon they were clean out (it's not sold here in the UK). I'm gonna check right now and see if it's back in stock! Welcome back and don't worry, you'll get your weight back down in no time!
Old 01-09-2017, 02:13 AM   #130
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasMadeThisWay View Post
The shakes I'm using are the Isopure Zero Carb. They are more like flavored water vs a thicker whey protein shake like Atkins, but they taste great! There are no carbs, no sugar, and 160 calories and 40 grams of protein per bottle. I plan on drinking them when I wake up, then one every 6 hours from there. That would get me to 120 grams of protein. I start tomorrow. I'll be taking my Dr. Williams vitamin packs while on plan as well. They are the only vitamin packs that I can take on an empty stomach, without food, without issue.

It's actually similar to the Protein Sparing Modified Fast. I've read a study on two versions of eating on the plan. One with food which is similar to Stillman's and one that was liquid protein. And that's what got me the idea for trying a liquid version for a couple weeks. I figured I could then either transition to PSMF, or Stillman's, since they are similar. Honestly, I really just like the simplicity of just grabbing a drink vs cooking a meal of bland chicken. Bleh! I think the biggest difference with PSMF is that calories can go a lot lower, I think I read 400-500 to start. It was prescribed a lot in the 1970's for obese patients. So needless to say, I won't be working out for a couple weeks. Luckily, I work from home and it's mostly sit down work.

The downside is that each 12 pack costs $39.99. I bought my first two packs with a $10 off coupon, so that saved me some money. You can buy the 12 packs at GNC, or order online. But I would like to try this for 30 days. So will let you guys know how I get along!
Yes, do keep us informed! Good luck!
Old 01-09-2017, 05:05 AM   #131
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/219.0/155 5'7"
Start Date: 1-1-17
Monday Monday Monday! I am also up .4. I am sure it is just my body adjusting to my meal off. Getting back on my bike today.

Quote:
I am down 4.4 lbs this week!

I woke up in a lot of pain and I don't know if I am coming down with something or if my stress/bad sleep last night are causing me pain but I can't move my head at all! I really wanted to find comfort in food today but I stayed low carb and just upped my fat!

Breakfast was bacon and eggs.
Lunch was bacon, a 1 carb protein bar and protein chips
Dinner was 2 burgers.

I normally stay away from the carb free versions of junk foods because I tend to over do it and then stalling, but this allowed me to stay on plan and still have chips and a "chocolate bar".
Congrats on the loss! It's a pretty good a week. I am the same. I try to stay away from the carb free treats because they can send down the path of falling off plan but they are nice from time to time.

Quote:
Yay Mar!! You're melting away!

Good for you for staying on your plan despite feeling crappy. You could have used it as an excuse for going off, but you didn't let it derail you!

BTW, not sure what low-carb protein bar you're using, but once upon a time when I was doing Atkins, I occasionally had lo-carb protein bars and I found that they stalled the heck out of me! I finally decided that it was probably (?) the glycerin and I cut them out for good. I know they don't have this effect on everyone, but wanted to put it out there. Hopefully you are one of the many who can use them at will.
Thanks for the information. I think I will just stay away from the bars. They would probably stall me too.

Quote:
As for me, the appetite reduction is finally starting to kick in.

B: Black coffee
L: About 5 oz ground turkey with hot sauce
D: 2 scrambled eggs and about 5 oz turkey with hot sauce

Feeling full of energy... actually had a hard time getting to sleep last night (up till 1) and then woke up rarin' to go at 6. I don't know if it's the diet, Callanetics, both, some magic synergy, or just random chance.

I think I may have figured out why it doesn't seem that I'm losing any weight yet (visually). It was my muffin top that made me go on Stills, and that seems as bad as ever. Yet apparently, if you believe the Callanetics veterans elsewhere on this board, it's common for Callanetics to "move" your fat around, usually temporarily toward your middle, on the way to tightening you up everywhere. I am praying that is the cause and it's just a temporary stop on the way to success! I'll keep you all apprised about what happens to that hateful fat roll. Meantime, I can see the beginnings of an almost six-pack-ish curve around my ribs and upper abdomen (not to be confused with an actual six-pack, which I will never have). So it's all quite confusing.
I love the energy Stillmans gives me except when it makes me unable to sleep. I have heard amazing things about Callanetics. I am going to have to look into it again. I am getting gold enough that I am not into all the "feel the burn" stuff either. I hope it moves your muffin top off you quickly!

Quote:

Welcome back! I remember you. I wasn't on much when you were. I was busy gaining all my weight back. I hope the plan works wonderful for you.

Red Hot and chicken breasts are great for stillman! I ate nothing but that for 3 weeks on my first go around and lost over 20 pounds. I may have to try it again if I can get my will power that strong again.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:31 AM   #132
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Struggling a bit today. Guess my body is getting use to the lower fat. I've put some wild salmon under the grill... I lose well with fish and the fat might make things a bit easier for me. I've also put some turkey mince in the crockpot. Added lots of herbs, chives, garlic powder and two spoons of Tom purée. I also added some organic chicken stock cubes. Carbs won't be much at all as there's enough to last a few days.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:34 AM   #133
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kal
Stats: 5'6" 233/189.6/142-150
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: Restart 11/11/2015
Well rest day was well needed from the gym. I have gym class tonight so I'm glad I'm not still sore. I have a little under 90 days before my vacation so I'll just have to power through the classes and soreness. I will get weighed in on the 18th and again Feb 1st. And Feb 1st is one month mark so I'll find out body composition changes like fat and muscle then too. Feeling good and excited for those weighs in.
Goal Weight: 145

Goals:
185 : No longer obese.
180 : Mani/pedi
170 : Receive passport
160 : Sephora makeup
150 : TBD
140 : TBD
kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:43 AM   #134
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Ashley, 20 pounds in 3 weeks wow. I'll keep that chicken/red hot combo in mind further down the road. If i get in a pickle, I'll definitely try that.

Goals:
Old 01-09-2017, 07:09 AM   #135
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/219.0/155 5'7"
Start Date: 1-1-17
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Struggling a bit today. Guess my body is getting use to the lower fat. I've put some wild salmon under the grill... I lose well with fish and the fat might make things a bit easier for me. I've also put some turkey mince in the crockpot. Added lots of herbs, chives, garlic powder and two spoons of Tom purée. I also added some organic chicken stock cubes. Carbs won't be much at all as there's enough to last a few days.
Higher fat should help. It definitely makes it easier to get through a tough day. I hope today gets easier for you! Salmon sounds so good right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal View Post
Ashley, 20 pounds in 3 weeks wow. I'll keep that chicken/red hot combo in mind further down the road. If i get in a pickle, I'll definitely try that.
It probably did so well because I was VERY strict. Chicken and water all day everyday. It was also the first time I had done a low carb diet and I had a lot to lose. I could not stick to it like that again.
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:56 AM   #136
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Higher fat should help. It definitely makes it easier to get through a tough day. I hope today gets easier for you! Salmon sounds so good right now.

It probably did so well because I was VERY strict. Chicken and water all day everyday. It was also the first time I had done a low carb diet and I had a lot to lose. I could not stick to it like that again.
Well I'll keep it in mind as my vacation comes closer if I'm falling behind on where I want to be.

Goals:
Old 01-09-2017, 09:28 AM   #137
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: StillTheOne
Happy Monday !
I weighed myself and I am not shocked, I deserve it, I went completely over board and thus the price must be paid in pounds , 166lbs.

I had 2 coffees black 2 hb eggs and some cheese and now sipping fizzy water in raspberry flavour .

Lunch and dinner leftovers, I have pork loin already sliced and ready, turkey in the crock sounds delish Slim, I have leftover turkey stock in the freezer from Thanksgiving I may add for flavour .

Chicken and hot sauce ? I think it was Leanne who made a dip to go along with it , I think it had cottage cheese ??

Yes ! CL and Mio, I need to stock up those are helpful when I struggle .

Kal , I am inspired by you to try this mini exercise routine I discovered on Pinterest, it includes squats

Congrats to those who started losing and those who like me that struggle .. we're here that deserves a congrats I say !

Have wonderful day everyone !
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:36 AM   #138
kal
Major LCF Poster!

Still, glad to hear it. I did lots of squats last month.my butt looked good. Doing several classes and squats are like in all of them. I'll be in a swimsuit So every little bit helps.

Goals:

Last edited by kal; 01-09-2017 at 09:40 AM..
Old 01-09-2017, 12:26 PM   #139
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:

You will do great! I am also on the boring chicken train this week! I haven't eaten lunch yet because I don't want chicken but I am starting to think it might be good so that mixt be a sign I am actually hungry if I am craving it right!?
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:26 PM   #140
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasMadeThisWay View Post

The sounds interesting! The convenience aspect of it is really appealing.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:27 PM   #141
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Great loss! Did you pull a muscle maybe? Hope you're better today.
I have no idea what I did! That's the frustrating part! I went to the chiro today so I am feeling a bit better!
Old 01-09-2017, 12:30 PM   #142
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal View Post
Well rest day was well needed from the gym. I have gym class tonight so I'm glad I'm not still sore. I have a little under 90 days before my vacation so I'll just have to power through the classes and soreness. I will get weighed in on the 18th and again Feb 1st. And Feb 1st is one month mark so I'll find out body composition changes like fat and muscle then too. Feeling good and excited for those weighs in.
Where are you going on vacation? I am sure you posted it and I just missed it.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:31 PM   #143
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I can't stick to anything like I did my first go round it's annoying! I think it's because I learned all these little trick and things to switch out as I went along and now when I start I am not as strict. I think I need to go back to stills by the book not stills by Mar's book haha
Old 01-09-2017, 12:33 PM   #144
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Happy Monday !
I weighed myself and I am not shocked, I deserve it, I went completely over board and thus the price must be paid in pounds , 166lbs.

I had 2 coffees black 2 hb eggs and some cheese and now sipping fizzy water in raspberry flavour .

Lunch and dinner leftovers, I have pork loin already sliced and ready, turkey in the crock sounds delish Slim, I have leftover turkey stock in the freezer from Thanksgiving I may add for flavour .

Chicken and hot sauce ? I think it was Leanne who made a dip to go along with it , I think it had cottage cheese ??

Yes ! CL and Mio, I need to stock up those are helpful when I struggle .

Kal , I am inspired by you to try this mini exercise routine I discovered on Pinterest, it includes squats

Congrats to those who started losing and those who like me that struggle .. we're here that deserves a congrats I say !

Have wonderful day everyone !
I gained o. My time off too. We can get back to our last posting weight together! I also need to stick up on cl thanks for the reminder
Old 01-09-2017, 06:32 PM   #145
Love2bSkinny
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
((((Love2))))) So good to have you back!!! I love it when all the oldies get together again! Mim will be back soon but unfortunately GT has not been on. I do have Al's email, I might drop her a line soon, see how she is. You've just reminded me of the CL thing, lol. Oh Geez grape is my favourite!! The last time I checked Amazon they were clean out (it's not sold here in the UK). I'm gonna check right now and see if it's back in stock! Welcome back and don't worry, you'll get your weight back down in no time!
((((( makemeslim ))))) thanks ! I am happy to be back ! Well sort of you get what I mean Get the oldies back GT and Al had amazing advice for stillmans . Good luck ordering crystal light . I can send you a package this time if needed !
Old 01-09-2017, 06:41 PM   #146
Love2bSkinny
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Welcome back! I remember you. I wasn't on much when you were. I was busy gaining all my weight back. I hope the plan works wonderful for you.

Red Hot and chicken breasts are great for stillman! I ate nothing but that for 3 weeks on my first go around and lost over 20 pounds. I may have to try it again if I can get my will power that strong again.
Thanks ! I do remember you too!
Thats amazing 20 lbs in 3 weeks !
Stay strong !
Old 01-09-2017, 06:45 PM   #147
Love2bSkinny
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You will do great! I am also on the boring chicken train this week! I haven't eaten lunch yet because I don't want chicken but I am starting to think it might be good so that mixt be a sign I am actually hungry if I am craving it right!?
Yep this is a boring train ride Mar ! I added way too much hot sauce and the chicken was dry not a good start . Yeah get that crystal light it helps riding that boring chicken train !
Old 01-09-2017, 06:56 PM   #148
Love2bSkinny
Senior LCF Member

It could of been worse

Not a good start ! I kept on though my meal was awful !
Crystal light is my savior! I was feeling rushed with dinner super hungry . I didn't prep I will make a point to make it a priority to prep !
I have a gym membership and I will go tomorrow and break a sweat! I don't own a scale last I checked was at bfs house . I think I weigh even more errr 3lbs more
Old 01-09-2017, 07:50 PM   #149
Love2bSkinny
Senior LCF Member

Pizza bf still eats pizza on weekends ! I complained often how difficult it was . I have the omelette maker for the microwave GT loved hers ! Time to love mine too !
Old 01-09-2017, 07:51 PM   #150
EyesOnPrize
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EyesOnPrize
Stats: U.S. size 12/2/0. I don't weigh. Age 51.
WOE: Lost w/Stillman, maintain w/JUDDD & Fung fasts
Start Date: September 2014
Welcome back, Love2bSkinny! I agree about the greatness of plain chicken breast (for weight loss, not for taste!) and also about the importance of prep. I cook 'em well ahead of time (now in my InstantPot so they don't get so dry) and just keep portions in baggies!

IWasMadeThisWay, thanks for the info about the IsoPure shakes! I'm thinking the powder might be a good alternative for when I'm all chicken-and-egg'ed out. Went to the Vitamin Shoppe to take a look and the bottles are nearly $5 apiece!

Thought my cold was over but still spent the day hacking and honking. Oh well. I did stick to the diet.

B: Black coffee. Made with a French press, as a treat.
L: Several snacks, a couple hours apart. 3 HB eggs and 4 "roll-ups" (very low fat ham with nonfat American cheese.)
D: About 8 oz of sautéed turkey with hot sauce.

If nothing else, I'm consistent! Sometimes I think Stillman is just trying to bore the pounds off!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

-- sig shamelessly stolen from Kissa, quoted for truth!
EyesOnPrize is offline   Reply With Quote