Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-09-2017, 08:55 PM   #151
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mar922
Stats: 202/176/175 5'3.5
WOE: Stillmans
Start Date: March 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOnPrize View Post
Sometimes I think Stillman is just trying to bore the pounds off!
I think this is exactly what his plan was! But is simultaneously the best and worst part of this diet!
Mar922 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2017, 08:57 PM   #152
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2bSkinny View Post
Yep this is a boring train ride Mar ! I added way too much hot sauce and the chicken was dry not a good start . Yeah get that crystal light it helps riding that boring chicken train !
My chicken was not great today either, ended up also eating bacon still had no carbs but fat was way higher than I wanted.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:03 PM   #153
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Today's menu was supposed to be my first day full stills with no fat-chicken and eggs all day.. but I got tired of chicken right away and had bacon.

I can up my fat with cheese and have the occasional bit of bacon like when I do cream cheese and bacon stuffed chicken and I will still lose, but do I had 6 pieces today so. Am not expecting a loss tomorrow jus from the salt alone

I forgot to make lunch for tomorrow so I am going to throw a bunch of chicken in the crock pot and hope for the best tomorrow!

Last edited by Mar922; 01-09-2017 at 09:04 PM..
Old 01-10-2017, 12:38 AM   #154
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Higher fat should help. It definitely makes it easier to get through a tough day. I hope today gets easier for you! Salmon sounds so good right now.

It probably did so well because I was VERY strict. Chicken and water all day everyday. It was also the first time I had done a low carb diet and I had a lot to lose. I could not stick to it like that again.
It was yummy. Red Sockeye. I intend to keep it on the menu. I know I ate salmon when I got to goal doing Stills before... In fact, for some reason, I would drop more weight the day after eating it?!
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:46 AM   #155
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTheOne View Post
Happy Monday !
I weighed myself and I am not shocked, I deserve it, I went completely over board and thus the price must be paid in pounds , 166lbs.

I had 2 coffees black 2 hb eggs and some cheese and now sipping fizzy water in raspberry flavour .

Lunch and dinner leftovers, I have pork loin already sliced and ready, turkey in the crock sounds delish Slim, I have leftover turkey stock in the freezer from Thanksgiving I may add for flavour .

Chicken and hot sauce ? I think it was Leanne who made a dip to go along with it , I think it had cottage cheese ??

Yes ! CL and Mio, I need to stock up those are helpful when I struggle .

Kal , I am inspired by you to try this mini exercise routine I discovered on Pinterest, it includes squats

Congrats to those who started losing and those who like me that struggle .. we're here that deserves a congrats I say !

Have wonderful day everyone !
Oh yes the turkey mince is amazing. I threw in fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, garlic powder, fresh chives, a stick of fresh Tumeric, Kallo organic chicken and Kallo organic beef stock cubes with two spoons of tomato purée and lots of ground black pepper. When it was cooked I used one of those spoons with holes in you use for peas (can't think what it's called) so as not to get the juice, even though the gravy is delicious. It's certainly a keeper and much nicer than when I cook the mince on the stove!
Old 01-10-2017, 12:48 AM   #156
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar922 View Post
I have no idea what I did! That's the frustrating part! I went to the chiro today so I am feeling a bit better!
Glad you're feeling better.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:54 AM   #157
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
((((( makemeslim ))))) thanks ! I am happy to be back ! Well sort of you get what I mean Get the oldies back GT and Al had amazing advice for stillmans . Good luck ordering crystal light . I can send you a package this time if needed !
I got lucky... One of the Amazon shops had the grape back in stock so I ordered a couple of tubs. I have to limit myself to one sachet a day BC I seriously could drink it non stop. I had a real shock the last time I drank it... Something in the grape changes the colour of your stools. I totally freaked out. I was about to phone the GP but then I did a search.. If you drink too much it ends up as green as grass!! Which is quite shocking I tell you. Sorry if TMI!
Old 01-10-2017, 12:57 AM   #158
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks ! I do remember you too!
Thats amazing 20 lbs in 3 weeks !
Stay strong !
That is amazing! I know I lost big way back when and I remember Al lost 21 in three weeks so it's totally doable eating lean protein.

Last edited by makemeslim; 01-10-2017 at 01:06 AM..
Old 01-10-2017, 01:05 AM   #159
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
My chicken was not great today either, ended up also eating bacon still had no carbs but fat was way higher than I wanted.
I eat back bacon rounds. They are very low fat, all visible fat is removed. They don't derail me at all. I think the US might sell bacon differently BC I've seen some comments linked to pictures of back bacon on other sites and a lot of people were wondering where to get it. Do your stores sell back bacon?
Old 01-10-2017, 01:09 AM   #160
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Right, it's just after 8am here... This mornings breakfast will be a large protein shake. Then I'm going to set up my Fitbit Aria scale as I've not done that yet. I'm enjoying the wristband.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:58 AM   #161
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: StillTheOne
Happy Tuesday !
Welcome back Love2bskinny!!
I stayed low carb eating leftovers and such ..
Busy day ahead of me, which is good I say .
The house looks dreary with the Christmas decorations all gone

My younger sons birthday is next month on the 6th , that will be an off plan day .. I will try my best , be mindful it's just so easy to slip off that wagon for awhile .

Slim, I would like a fit bit now !

I hope everyone enjoys their day !
StillTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:03 AM   #162
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Happy Tuesday !

My younger sons birthday is next month on the 6th , that will be an off plan day .. I will try my best , be mindful it's just so easy to slip off that wagon for awhile .

It's cool Still... I love the sleep tracker... It turns out I'm not sleeping as well as I thought and not as long as I thought so I need to look into that... Maybe it could help this awful fatigue I suffer with if I can sort it out.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:04 AM   #163
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Must be early your end Still?
Old 01-10-2017, 04:11 AM   #164
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Just got all excited coz my Crystal Light arrived... I opened the box to find tins of Pumkin Pie??? I've never seen these before but Its an American food company, so I guess they're imported. I want my Crystal Light dang!!
Old 01-10-2017, 04:25 AM   #165
IWasMadeThisWay
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: IWasMadeThisWay
Day 1: 232.7lbs

Ate crap the last two days, and oddly enough, dropped weight when I weighed in this morning. "Breakfast" is the Alpine Punch Isopure Zero Carb. Calories between three drinks a day and my vitamins will be 500 calories. So it will be low for a couple weeks. Will see how this goes!

I bought some Powerade 0 calorie, sugar free drink mixes and some of that cooked chicken in a can. Just in case I end up needing some electrolytes or something to eat if my liquid experiment does not go well. I also have some Atkins shakes and meals on hand to use eventually down the road if need be.

Do you think 120gr of protein is enough? I'm not sure if I should be having more. I was thinking, maybe, one day a week having 4 bottles of Isopure instead of three to up the calories and the protein.

There is "protein pudding" I was looking at. They have a 100 calorie pudding packs called "Fit & Lean." Each premade can is 15 grams of protein, and the chocolate has 2.5gr of fat and 5gr of carbs (vanilla has 4gr carbs). You can buy larger cans in six packs that are pretty much double the pudding as well. Reviews look really promising, so I might keep that in the back of my mind for now.

Quote:

IWasMadeThisWay, thanks for the info about the IsoPure shakes! I'm thinking the powder might be a good alternative for when I'm all chicken-and-egg'ed out. Went to the Vitamin Shoppe to take a look and the bottles are nearly $5 apiece!
Try GNC, or if you can, buy in bulk. I don't think they are more than $3.50 at my GNC per bottle. Still not the cheapest, but they come out to $3.33 a bottle when you buy in bulk, before discounts. You could try and order them online, and see what kind of coupon codes you could find. To do this for a month, I'd need to nearly by eight 12-packs. So it is def not a cheap experiment. But when I thought about the crap I've been eating and how much that costs, I figured that I'm probably saving money anyways.
IWasMadeThisWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:44 AM   #166
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasMadeThisWay View Post
Day 1: 232.7lbs

Ate crap the last two days, and oddly enough, dropped weight when I weighed in this morning. "Breakfast" is the Alpine Punch Isopure Zero Carb. Calories between three drinks a day and my vitamins will be 500 calories. So it will be low for a couple weeks. Will see how this goes!

I bought some Powerade 0 calorie, sugar free drink mixes and some of that cooked chicken in a can. Just in case I end up needing some electrolytes or something to eat if my liquid experiment does not go well. I also have some Atkins shakes and meals on hand to use eventually down the road if need be.

Do you think 120gr of protein is enough? I'm not sure if I should be having more. I was thinking, maybe, one day a week having 4 bottles of Isopure instead of three to up the calories and the protein.

There is "protein pudding" I was looking at. They have a 100 calorie pudding packs called "Fit & Lean." Each premade can is 15 grams of protein, and the chocolate has 2.5gr of fat and 5gr of carbs (vanilla has 4gr carbs). You can buy larger cans in six packs that are pretty much double the pudding as well. Reviews look really promising, so I might keep that in the back of my mind for now.

Try GNC, or if you can, buy in bulk. I don't think they are more than $3.50 at my GNC per bottle. Still not the cheapest, but they come out to $3.33 a bottle when you buy in bulk, before discounts. You could try and order them online, and see what kind of coupon codes you could find. To do this for a month, I'd need to nearly by eight 12-packs. So it is def not a cheap experiment. But when I thought about the crap I've been eating and how much that costs, I figured that I'm probably saving money anyways.
I put your weight in Ankerl and it said roughly 98g if sedentary and up to 168g of protein is needed. That said, it's a Keto calculator so for high fat plans. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Last edited by makemeslim; 01-10-2017 at 04:46 AM..
Old 01-10-2017, 06:53 AM   #167
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Must be early your end Still?
Slim , you are correct , I was up literally rise and shine at the Crack of Dawn ! I definitely do not sleep well at all , it seems that I wake up quite easily .

Tins of pumpkin??!! well, it is my son's favourite pie filling .. oh, I am truly thankful thanksgiving is over and done with all those festivities along with an indulgence in food season
Old 01-10-2017, 07:05 AM   #168
StillTheOne
Senior LCF Member

Slim, I am hopeful that your "CL" will arrive quickly
Old 01-10-2017, 07:12 AM   #169
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Slim , you are correct , I was up literally rise and shine at the Crack of Dawn ! I definitely do not sleep well at all , it seems that I wake up quite easily .

Tins of pumpkin??!! well, it is my son's favourite pie filling .. oh, I am truly thankful thanksgiving is over and done with all those festivities along with an indulgence in food season
I know! I imagine having a weak moment, caving in and dipping into the tin with both hands. Never had pumpkin pie but it sounds good... Mind you, everything sounds good right now. I just ordered some protein crisps... I've had thenm before and they are quite filling. They do have 4.8 g of carbs but are only 100 cals. I'll only eat them if I struggle and need some crunch. They are South Beach friendly so fit in with my Stillman, Dukan, SB plan. To be honest... They're about the same amount of carbs as the allowed cottage cheese so as long as I'm not having that on the same day, I can't see a problem. Whatever makes this doable.

Last edited by makemeslim; 01-10-2017 at 07:15 AM..
Old 01-10-2017, 07:14 AM   #170
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Slim, I am hopeful that your "CL" will arrive quickly
They replied quickly... They've sent them today... Maybe tomorrow.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:25 AM   #171
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Starting to feel the beginnings of being sick of meat. I miss crunchy stuff. I am going to hunt down some pork rinds. They usually do the trick without stalling me. They gross my family out though.

Quote:
If nothing else, I'm consistent! Sometimes I think Stillman is just trying to bore the pounds off!
So true!

Quote:
I got lucky... One of the Amazon shops had the grape back in stock so I ordered a couple of tubs. I have to limit myself to one sachet a day BC I seriously could drink it non stop. I had a real shock the last time I drank it... Something in the grape changes the colour of your stools. I totally freaked out. I was about to phone the GP but then I did a search.. If you drink too much it ends up as green as grass!! Which is quite shocking I tell you. Sorry if TMI!
I had forgot about that side affect. hahahaha The grape is the best. So worth it. I also like the fruit punch but I always double the water with that one. It still tastes good without being too strong.

Quote:
I eat back bacon rounds. They are very low fat, all visible fat is removed. They don't derail me at all. I think the US might sell bacon differently BC I've seen some comments linked to pictures of back bacon on other sites and a lot of people were wondering where to get it. Do your stores sell back bacon?
I have never heard of back bacon or bacon rounds. We have Canadian bacon that is round but it is more like ham.

Quote:
Happy Tuesday !

Birthdays are hard to maneuver. We have several the next couple of months...

I love when I take my Christmas stuff down. I am a minimalist and I feel like I can breath when all the clutter is gone. We do still have the outside lights up and on. They are still pretty. (for now)
Old 01-10-2017, 07:25 AM   #172
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
They replied quickly... They've sent them today... Maybe tomorrow.
So they sent you cans of pumpkin instead of CL??
Old 01-10-2017, 07:42 AM   #173
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
So they sent you cans of pumpkin instead of CL??
Yes!!! Tin says Pumkin pie like I need to be tempted right now!

Last edited by makemeslim; 01-10-2017 at 07:44 AM..
Old 01-10-2017, 07:59 AM   #174
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Old 01-10-2017, 11:50 AM   #175
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ha that's too bad! I thought maybe you just had orders mixed up!
Old 01-10-2017, 11:52 AM   #176
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Starting to feel the beginnings of being sick of meat. I miss crunchy stuff. I am going to hunt down some pork rinds. They usually do the trick without stalling me. They gross my family out though.

So true!

I had forgot about that side affect. hahahaha The grape is the best. So worth it. I also like the fruit punch but I always double the water with that one. It still tastes good without being too strong.

I have never heard of back bacon or bacon rounds. We have Canadian bacon that is round but it is more like ham.

Birthdays are hard to maneuver. We have several the next couple of months...

I love when I take my Christmas stuff down. I am a minimalist and I feel like I can breath when all the clutter is gone. We do still have the outside lights up and on. They are still pretty. (for now)
I think Canadian bacon is also called back bacon but I could be wrong!

I have a birthday dinner every weekend for the rest of the month I like celebrating them but I wish I didn't have to just because o don't want to eat off plan. At least I made it through the first weekend of January not having to eat off plan!
Old 01-10-2017, 11:54 AM   #177
Mar922
Major LCF Poster!

I didn't lose anything after the bacon fest last night but I also didn't gain!

So far today I have had chicken. I have dinner plans tonight but they have lots of carb free options so I am not too worried! Hope everyone had a great day!
Old 01-10-2017, 06:16 PM   #178
Love2bSkinny
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Love2bSkinny
WOE: Stillmans/Very Low Carb
Start Date: Jan 2015
Quote:
Happy Tuesday !

Thanks Stilltheone
Love2bSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:19 PM   #179
Love2bSkinny
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I didn't lose anything after the bacon fest last night but I also didn't gain!

So far today I have had chicken. I have dinner plans tonight but they have lots of carb free options so I am not too worried! Hope everyone had a great day!
Ugh ! I didn't lose at all ! I am not worried either Mar. Stillmans needs time for the magic to work !
Old 01-10-2017, 06:25 PM   #180
Love2bSkinny
Senior LCF Member

I did my prep today bought a bento box. Took it to work and it has a dip container for the sauce . I used the chop sticks that were in the box too !