Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-15-2017, 02:28 AM   #541
sheened
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sheened
Stats: Original SW:173 CW:171GW:126
WOE: Own
Start Date: 26/04/2016
Yeh it is a tough month harley! But maintaining during this part of the year is also fantastic. Its the gain and then a little bit more of a gain, then a tiny bit more that got me. I crept up three stone within a year cos I couldnít seem to maintain my weight. Your weekend should shake it up a bit for you!! 6.2lbs in ten days is fantastic. I think getting through the xmas period to jan (brit here so no thanksgiving) with a small easily lost gain or maintaining would be fantatsic (thats my aim). And yeah the potato hack does spoil us! You get used to seeing daily down ticks rather than waiting for a week to see a lb drop off the scale. Another thing i like about it is I just donít bother counting calories, I make sure I have enough potatos and then i donít worry about it. I love it! Losing weight without counting calories/carbs/fat/points/. No mental load.

Nessa really interesting what you said about BFL. I think shaking it up a bit and resetting is definately a good thing. Constant restriction works for some people but i find it grinds me down emotionally and physically after a while. The professor who was in charge of the twoo week on/off thing is interested specifically in adaptive thermogenesis. It reminds me of the biggest loser study where they saw humongous drops in resting metabolism rates which made it really hard for the poor souls to keep the weight off. Harley, I get you, two weeks would be tough for me too, i can do a lot of damage in two weeks, i prefer the 11 days on and 3 days off rotation or a 4-5 days per week sort of thing. Firstly the break comes sooner so i think i could sustain weight loss effort for longer and secondly it limits the weight gain so I donít think i would get as demotivated and jack it all in. I think for maintenance it would also be easier, just cutting down the number of days you restrict till your weight stabilises and then adding a day when it goes up.

Going to be travelling over the xmas period and staying with friends and family for two weeks, so not looking forward to what the scale is going to say when I get back home! Harley you just reminded me how much I want to barbecue, i live in an apartment booo hoooooo! Hope the turkey turns out well!

I had a pms binge *sigh* (pms is a really big problem for me, Its like theres a black hole in my stomach) and i tell you what i woke up feeling awful this morning. I ate stuff like cheese and crackers, beetroot crisps and some 90% choc (stuff I love but lets not talk about quantityís ) . But the beetroot crisps tasted odd (i think they have a sugary sort of dusting on them, will have to check label) and the crackers were meh, the grana padano was lovely. So its interesting what you say about foods you mnormally like not working for you. How about simple pared down flavours? You are a vegan right? You could start the day with things like cut up veg like carrots, snowpeas, fresh light fare and a bit of fruit maybe a lightly flavoured lentil soup? I donít know if you like indian food but a lightly spiced dhal? Maybe oats? Then a hearty dinner? My bingey thing convinced me that when I take my official break to take it bit easy and def try stick to unproccessed foods (i say this but I will probably be eyeing up ice cream)Which is what i usually do, my crisps are my emergency stash and the crackers were were left over when we had friends over. We usually cook from scratch but there are odds and sods around that are not helpful (my husband has recently started watching his diet a bit more which makes my life easier as theres less crap in the house).I think if I had had a bare cupboard i would have probably made some porridge instead.

On the plus side this week is usually hell for my weight and on the whole Iíve done better than I usually do so if I get through the next few days before my cycle starts without another binge Iíll consider that a victory. Its usually the two weeks of luteal phase that sees me cramming food in and I wonder of the whole prozac not potatos thing is helping here a bit, i think pms and hunger is connected to changes in levels of serotonin as well as the hormone shifts. Tbh part of the reason i started the potato hack is because i managed to put on 3lbs just stuffing my face after ovulation for a week, then i remembered the potato hack and an article i read which suggested high carb low fat for pms symptoms and thought why not, worst thing that can happen os you gain weight which you are doing anyway!

Back to my trusty old potatos today!

Day 1: 173
Day 2: 172
Day 3: 171
Day 4: 170.2 (pms binge)
Day 5: 170.2

I expect the binge weight will show up tomorrow, but its ok, i have been on plan for 75% of the time, now to try to get to that 90% of the time lol
sheened is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2017, 11:53 AM   #542
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Harley27330
Stats: 300+,242,188Ju
WOE: CC/LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Dec 2012/ Jan 2017
Oh yeah Sheened I used to suffer with PMS, I would ask my wife is this you or the PMS chewing my butt...lol
Ness if you find the right food please share. I am 1.8 ponds less this today than yesterday!! I used to tell my wife I was going on the TV show Naked and Afraid some of them people lose 30 pounds in 21 days. The other day she asked if I was still going on the TV show told her I did not need to I had found the PH...lol
Harley27330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 01:27 PM   #543
MzNessa
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MzNessa
Stats: 185/175/150
WOE: 16/8 Vegan
oof... I got over excited with the idea of being able to eat whatever I wanted today and over did it before I even had my second coffee. Honestly, before PH life I would've eaten way more than I did, but this morning I realized I could walk to the corner and get a brownie to go with my coffee so I did.
I couldn't even finish the brownie but then I had a bit of deep fried food and now my stomach is inside out.
I have to leave for work in 10 minutes and I feel awful.
I can't believe that half a brownie, (with a ton of icing to be honest), and a bit of fried food could push me over the edge like this. This didn't happen last time.
Maybe our stomachs get more sensitive the longer we do the PH??
Anyway, take my advice, when coming off it, go slow!

(Oh and Sheened, all bets for off when you have pms, just give your body whatever it wants. That goes for your pms too Harley )
MzNessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:57 PM   #544
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzNessa View Post
oof... I got over excited with the idea of being able to eat whatever I wanted today and over did it before I even had my second coffee. Honestly, before PH life I would've eaten way more than I did, but this morning I realized I could walk to the corner and get a brownie to go with my coffee so I did.
I couldn't even finish the brownie but then I had a bit of deep fried food and now my stomach is inside out.
I have to leave for work in 10 minutes and I feel awful.
I can't believe that half a brownie, (with a ton of icing to be honest), and a bit of fried food could push me over the edge like this. This didn't happen last time.
Maybe our stomachs get more sensitive the longer we do the PH??
Anyway, take my advice, when coming off it, go slow!

(Oh and Sheened, all bets for off when you have pms, just give your body whatever it wants. That goes for your pms too Harley )
The first time I did the PH it was only a 4 day span. The first day I came off of it I had diarrhea all day, after that any time I came off of the PH I was fine. That is until the last time I did a 12 day PH span when I came off of it the diarrhea hit again and the food just made me miserable feeling.
LOL... I don't suffer PMS any more my wife is just one long hot flash now. I will be freezing and she is burning up....lol
Old 11-16-2017, 01:08 AM   #545
MzNessa
Senior LCF Member

I've never had an issue coming off the PH before but I'm thinking starting the day with a chocolate brownie with two layers of icing was just asking for trouble.
I was so nervous about going to work that I ate a bunch of Gaviscon, (over the counter stuff for every kind of stomach problem), which allowed me to get through my shift. Although I feel like a ate a rock!
Not sure what I'm going to eat tomorrow before work, but I know it's going to be healthy!! Deep fried food and sweets tried to kill me!
Old 11-16-2017, 01:17 AM   #546
sheened
Senior LCF Member

Whooohooo Harley whooosh!!!!! Am glad to hear your PMS is resolved, I’m sorry it’s turned into a tempreture problem. Seriously I cried once cos I couldn’t find a particular kind of crisps.... i actually cried lol!

Yeah my stomach was horrible after my binge, I felt awful for a day. I don’t feel the same way about beetroot crisps as I did a few days ago. But I get you Nessa, i sort of go “ohhh ice cream” as soon as I put down the potatos lol. Think I’m going to try planning out meals for a few days and try to keep it steady! But yeah please share if you find anything that helps!!

Day 6: 169.8

2lbs more and I’m under 12 st! This is a sticky weight for me (i can get down to 12st 1lbs for a day with a lot of effort and then i bounce up immediately) so going to try to power through till I break the back of 168lbs. But def stopping next thurday for a three day break (if i get that far).
Old 11-16-2017, 10:00 AM   #547
MzNessa
Senior LCF Member

That's an eye opener for me, I didn't realize you guys felt so terrible when you came off the PH.
I have a super long day at work today and I'm currently terrified to eat. How long do you think a human can survive on coffee...?
So, what do you do when you have a day when you know you'll be off the hack, like for a bday or something? Do you think it's best to end the hack a day earlier so you have a day to feel awful and then you're normal again? I wonder if it's best to really ease off of it gradually...?
Ironically, because I took all of those antacids yesterday my stomach looks huge now. It's almost 3 inches bigger than it was two days ago. Not exactly the results I was imagining during my hack! (It's so ridiculous though, it's kind of funny)

Sheened, Congrats on getting into the 160's! You're in your sticky weight territory but now that you're armed with potatoes maybe this will be the last time the weight actually sticks! Good luck!
Old 11-16-2017, 10:45 AM   #548
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That's an eye opener for me, I didn't realize you guys felt so terrible when you came off the PH.
I have a super long day at work today and I'm currently terrified to eat. How long do you think a human can survive on coffee...?
So, what do you do when you have a day when you know you'll be off the hack, like for a bday or something? Do you think it's best to end the hack a day earlier so you have a day to feel awful and then you're normal again? I wonder if it's best to really ease off of it gradually...?
Ironically, because I took all of those antacids yesterday my stomach looks huge now. It's almost 3 inches bigger than it was two days ago. Not exactly the results I was imagining during my hack! (It's so ridiculous though, it's kind of funny)

Sheened, Congrats on getting into the 160's! You're in your sticky weight territory but now that you're armed with potatoes maybe this will be the last time the weight actually sticks! Good luck!
I used to live off of coffee. On my job I would average 14-16 hour days sometimes more. But instead of eating I would drink coffee. I very rarely ate on the job. I would eat one large meal when I got home and go to bed. Sometimes I would forget to eat for days. I actually do well without eating and don't get hungry until I eat. Strange huh? I had 31 years on this job and my weight kept adding on, I had never heard of starvation mode. I first began to lose weight after I retired and ate several meals a day. But years of partying and eating my weight built up and I was enjoying every bit of it. But I decided I was getting too big when I went to a 48" pant. With all that being said here I am today. Also the last 2 days I am losing slightly less than 2 pounds a day. I am now 4.2 pounds away from having a 100 pound loss. I am now thinking of holding off on my cheat days until then. I hope I am not boring everyone but I am really excited
Old 11-16-2017, 11:27 AM   #549
MzNessa
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley27330 View Post
I used to live off of coffee. On my job I would average 14-16 hour days sometimes more. But instead of eating I would drink coffee. I very rarely ate on the job. I would eat one large meal when I got home and go to bed. Sometimes I would forget to eat for days. I actually do well without eating and don't get hungry until I eat. Strange huh? I had 31 years on this job and my weight kept adding on, I had never heard of starvation mode. I first began to lose weight after I retired and ate several meals a day. But years of partying and eating my weight built up and I was enjoying every bit of it. But I decided I was getting too big when I went to a 48" pant. With all that being said here I am today. Also the last 2 days I am losing slightly less than 2 pounds a day. I am now 4.2 pounds away from having a 100 pound loss. I am now thinking of holding off on my cheat days until then. I hope I am not boring everyone but I am really excited
Harley, it's not boring at all! It's really motivating to hear from a real person who is losing real weight!! I know it's beyond exciting for you, (I remember how amazing I felt when I dropped all that weight with B4L), but it's exciting for us too.

Yeah, I can do really well without food too, the only thing is every few hours I need to nibble, (and I mean literally nibble it can be something super small), on something or I get lightheaded. For years all I existed on coffee but when I realized I was drinking 3-5 large coffees with 2 shots of espresso in them everyday, (or my favourite, getting a large coffee cup at ordering 8 shots of espresso in it a few times a day), I quit coffee altogether. I've never had a migraine but when I stopped drinking coffee I had a blinding headache for two weeks. After that I went to chocolate for my caffeine and I'd nibble on one large chocolate bar all day long. Turns out, that's a helluva lot of chocolate! I didn't really notice because I was just taking bites here and there for the energy.

I hadn't had a cup of coffee in 17 years and I started drinking it last December so I could start doing Intermittent Fasting. IF came pretty easily to me as long as there was coffee to replace the chocolate. Coffee has been really important for the PH too.

Congrats again on being on the cusp of a 100 lb loss!!!
Old 11-16-2017, 12:06 PM   #550
Eat-and-run
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Eat-and-run
Stats: 245/162/145
I’m back! Hello all, and congratulations on the continuing losses. 100lbs Harley! How cool is that! And hello Sheened, I hope you get under your 12 stone!

As for me, things are both good and bad. The seminar was fine, but the food was maybe not of the best. Then the running thing. Food was hearty home cooked running food for suppers, chilli, spaghetti bolognese, shepherds pie. During the runs, Lara bar type things, nuts and dried fruit and the ever trusty bananas! Porridge for breakfast, salad rolls after the run. I didn’t have the desserts.
Day one I ran for 5 and a half hours. I say ran but as there was the odd hill in the way (3500+ Feet of ascent) I walked the uphills ��
Day 2 was shorter at just under 4 hours with over 2000 feet of ascent.

So I certainly did my exercise, but I was also very (VERY) hungry. And I am back to 75.0 kg this morning. 165.3 pounds. I started the potato hack at 75.9kg, 167.3lbs, so I have retained a loss of 2 pounds, or 1kg give or take.

I am not sure what to do now. Tomorrow is a hill day with my husband, and I cannot do big hills and hack at the same time.

I so want to get into the 60s (under 154 lbs, under 11 stone for sheened!). My ideas are to not worry today or tomorrow, then potato hack during the week, and just do shorter runs, then eat normally on fridays before hill day Saturdays then back to potato hacks again Sunday through to Friday.

Another thought (I have been reading Tim Steele’s potato hack book) is to try potatoes by day. In other words potato’s all day and a normal supper. Or another option, potatoes and low calorie density veg. So I’m not sure where to go from here.

Incidentally I have no digestive problems breaking the hack, but I often Break it with a potato meal! Like a potato hotpot!
Eat-and-run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:11 AM   #551
MzNessa
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat-and-run View Post
Iím back! Hello all, and congratulations on the continuing losses. 100lbs Harley! How cool is that! And hello Sheened, I hope you get under your 12 stone!

As for me, things are both good and bad. The seminar was fine, but the food was maybe not of the best. Then the running thing. Food was hearty home cooked running food for suppers, chilli, spaghetti bolognese, shepherds pie. During the runs, Lara bar type things, nuts and dried fruit and the ever trusty bananas! Porridge for breakfast, salad rolls after the run. I didnít have the desserts.
Day one I ran for 5 and a half hours. I say ran but as there was the odd hill in the way (3500+ Feet of ascent) I walked the uphills ��

So I certainly did my exercise, but I was also very (VERY) hungry. And I am back to 75.0 kg this morning. 165.3 pounds. I started the potato hack at 75.9kg, 167.3lbs, so I have retained a loss of 2 pounds, or 1kg give or take.

I am not sure what to do now. Tomorrow is a hill day with my husband, and I cannot do big hills and hack at the same time.

I so want to get into the 60s (under 154 lbs, under 11 stone for sheened!). My ideas are to not worry today or tomorrow, then potato hack during the week, and just do shorter runs, then eat normally on fridays before hill day Saturdays then back to potato hacks again Sunday through to Friday.

Another thought (I have been reading Tim Steeleís potato hack book) is to try potatoes by day. In other words potatoís all day and a normal supper. Or another option, potatoes and low calorie density veg. So Iím not sure where to go from here.

Incidentally I have no digestive problems breaking the hack, but I often Break it with a potato meal! Like a potato hotpot!
Welcome Back Eat-n-Run!

I may be wrong but is it possible that you gained some muscle while you were training, (your running days sounded epic by the way, well done!), which is why you are showing a maintained loss of only 2lbs? Do you measure yourself as well as weigh yourself?

I've read of other folks doing the potatoes by day woe, and most people say it works well for them. I haven't read the book though so I'm not entirely clear on what the rules are for it.

Sunday through Friday on the hack every week is ambitious, but I bet you will reach your goal doing it that way. I have yet to figure out what schedule works best for me. I think my limit is 5 days as 8 days seems to have messed me up a bit.

Congrats on maintaining a loss while you were vacationing from Hackland!
Old 11-17-2017, 12:19 AM   #552
MzNessa
Senior LCF Member

Today has been another frustrating day. I think 8 days of hacking was maybe too long for my stomach. I've done great with 5 days and under but I think I may have pushed it too long last time.

I had zero appetite today and even though I was working, which would normally make me hungry, my stomach still feels like a rock and I could barely eat. Throughout the day I nibbled on two Cliff bars, (protein bars), and each of them took a few hours to actually finish. My stomach simply does not want any food. Luckily I could drink coffee. The weird thing is I'm not really all that hungry. I was only eating the bars because I was getting brain fog and needed the nutrients.

I'm back up to 170, and I feel huge so I know this isn't real weight gain, it's just some sort of inflammation as a result of breaking the hack. It's so odd to go from zero issues to two days of feeling bad.

I'm hoping, (and thinking), that this can't really last much longer so maybe tomorrow will be a good day.

Fingers crossed!
Old 11-17-2017, 11:06 AM   #553
MzNessa
Senior LCF Member

Update: Feeling better today and woke up at 166 Lbs.
What a roller coaster coming off this hack has been!
Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 11-18-2017, 11:59 AM   #554
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Iím back! Hello all, and congratulations on the continuing losses. 100lbs Harley! How cool is that! And hello Sheened, I hope you get under your 12 stone!

As for me, things are both good and bad. The seminar was fine, but the food was maybe not of the best. Then the running thing. Food was hearty home cooked running food for suppers, chilli, spaghetti bolognese, shepherds pie. During the runs, Lara bar type things, nuts and dried fruit and the ever trusty bananas! Porridge for breakfast, salad rolls after the run. I didnít have the desserts.

Another thought (I have been reading Tim Steeleís potato hack book) is to try potatoes by day. In other words potatoís all day and a normal supper. Or another option, potatoes and low calorie density veg. So Iím not sure where to go from here.

Welcome Back!! Wow that is a lot of running!! I have been considering buying the Potato Hack book, is it helpful?
Old 11-18-2017, 12:05 PM   #555
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Update: Feeling better today and woke up at 166 Lbs.
What a roller coaster coming off this hack has been!
Hope everyone is having a good day!
Glad you are feeling better.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:26 PM   #556
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

This is the longest I have done the PH today makes 2 weeks. I have been on a two day stall. I was so tempted to come off of it last night the food my wife cooked looked so good for my sons birthday. But before last night my appetite has been zilch. I have had to make myself eat a few potatoes. I think a lot of it is the potatoes I brought they are too mushy for my liking. Also our turkey is thawed and the wife says it needs to be cooked tomorrow so I might not make the 4 pound loss that I needed. It would be inhumane torture to not be able to taste it after I cook it. I have dropped a total of 10 pounds these two weeks and I am really happy with that.
Old 11-18-2017, 02:45 PM   #557
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/217/not sure 5'7
WOE: IF/NK
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Wow, two weeks. That's some dedication right there.

I woke up last Monday determined to do something different. I had gained a few lbs during some family stuff and just couldn't manage anything to get it back off again. This thread keeps popping up because I posted in it back in 2016 about the potato back not working very well for me. So what did I do? Decide to try it again.

So Monday morning I pressure cooked five pounds of yellow potatoes. I love cold potatoes with a little salt, so I took a bag full to work with me. I had the PH e-book already, so I read through it when I had some time during the day. When I got to the section on 'Potatoes by Day' I decided to give that a go since I had some evening commitments last week that were going to be tough to potato through.

Well, long story a little less long, I dropped 5 lbs as of Saturday morning. I had lost 3.5 by Thursday, then stayed the same Friday. I decided that was enough potatoes and ate a normal B, L and D. I almost never eat 3 meals. I was down another 1.5 Saturday morning.

They were recently-gained pounds and those are generally easier for me to lose, but I am impressed and will try again next week.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:43 PM   #558
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post

I woke up last Monday determined to do something different. I had gained a few lbs during some family stuff and just couldn't manage anything to get it back off again. This thread keeps popping up because I posted in it back in 2016 about the potato back not working very well for me. So what did I do? Decide to try it again.

So Monday morning I pressure cooked five pounds of yellow potatoes. I love cold potatoes with a little salt, so I took a bag full to work with me. I had the PH e-book already, so I read through it when I had some time during the day. When I got to the section on 'Potatoes by Day' I decided to give that a go since I had some evening commitments last week that were going to be tough to potato through.

Well, long story a little less long, I dropped 5 lbs as of Saturday morning. I had lost 3.5 by Thursday, then stayed the same Friday. I decided that was enough potatoes and ate a normal B, L and D. I almost never eat 3 meals. I was down another 1.5 Saturday morning.

They were recently-gained pounds and those are generally easier for me to lose, but I am impressed and will try again next week.
Glad it is working so well for you this time. It amazes me how it takes the pounds off. Out of the last 27 days I have only come off of it for 1 day. Once I make my next goal I hope to set a schedule that works better for me
Old 11-19-2017, 03:44 AM   #559
sheened
Senior LCF Member

Hi guys!!

Harley, hearing about how you are doing is not boring at all! Its really motivating. You are doing amazing, can’t believe how long you have been on it, and how much weight/ sizes you have lost, impressive!

GME, just yay!!!

Eat, omg you run a lot!! You have my deep admiration.

Nessa, i still haven’t figured it out, i seem to crack every fourth day, this stime i had cheese sandwichs and my stomach is fine. Maybe its settled for me

Day 6: 169.8
Day 7: 168
Day 8: 167.6 (ate two cheese sandwichs) 1 full week done 5.4lbs and below 12st yaay!
Day 9: 167.6
Old 11-19-2017, 03:46 AM   #560
sheened
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
This is the longest I have done the PH today makes 2 weeks. I have been on a two day stall. I was so tempted to come off of it last night the food my wife cooked looked so good for my sons birthday. But before last night my appetite has been zilch. I have had to make myself eat a few potatoes. I think a lot of it is the potatoes I brought they are too mushy for my liking. Also our turkey is thawed and the wife says it needs to be cooked tomorrow so I might not make the 4 pound loss that I needed. It would be inhumane torture to not be able to taste it after I cook it. I have dropped a total of 10 pounds these two weeks and I am really happy with that.
Not to be a bad influence but i would eat the turkey
You have done so well!
Old 11-19-2017, 07:18 AM   #561
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/217/not sure 5'7
WOE: IF/NK
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Eat-and-run, I'm sorry if I missed it, but are you at some sort of trail running camp or on a trip? That's some impressive running!
Old 11-19-2017, 10:58 AM   #562
Eat-and-run
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Welcome Back!! Wow that is a lot of running!! I have been considering buying the Potato Hack book, is it helpful?
I have the Tim Steele one on Kindle and yes, itís great, and I found it very helpful. It also has ideas for changing things up for long term hacking, that you may be interested in. And so much information about why it works etc. I think other people have done books too but I think this one has more science....at least that is what the internet says! It also has a lot about resistant starch.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:11 AM   #563
Eat-and-run
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Eat-and-run, I'm sorry if I missed it, but are you at some sort of trail running camp or on a trip? That's some impressive running!
It was a sort of running retreat. I had a blast, but Iím not some mega runner! I was with the slow people, and we walked uphill! Ran the flats and downs and the undulating bits.

I am trying not to lose the fitness I gained so on Saturday I told my (ultrarunning) husband I wanted to do something a bit further.....14 miles and 4000 feet of ascent later......

And for him it was a easy slow day because I was so slow! my Weight is up again, but itís inflamation in my legs.

The trouble is being married to an ultra runner, he has a warped idea of distance. A 5km parkrun doesnít seem to be anything except a warmup! Still, as a formerly obese person I think me just getting out there is great! All those years of minding the kids and supporting him. Now he is right behind me, and is helping me get fit. He has 2 shorter trail races he thinks I can do next year, both around half marathon distance, one about 2000 feet ascent and one about 4000. He will either run them with me to pace me, or act as crew.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:13 AM   #564
Eat-and-run
Junior LCF Member

Quote:

Congratulations on the great loss!
Old 11-19-2017, 06:25 PM   #565
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheened View Post
Not to be a bad influence but i would eat the turkey
You have done so well!
And I have ate turkey today, turkey is not my favorite meal but it cooked up really tasty. Sitting here now eating potato chips and chocolate...lol...But trying not to go too crazy eating here. My stall broke this morning I was 2 pounds away from making my hundred pound loss goal. But I decided a long time ago to not let the scales run my life. But I will be on the PH again soon just not completely decided what day. Take Care you all or how we say here Y'all take care
Old 11-20-2017, 10:41 AM   #566
Eat-and-run
Junior LCF Member

How not to let the silly season run away with us?

I am, rather surprisingly back down to 161 (160.9 to be exact) today (my lowest on the hack was 160.3.) Yesterday I sort of potato hacked, I made some potato and onion soup with commercial fat free veg stock, and I had that for breakfast and lunch, plus some microwaved potato chips. But I didn’t eat supper, I was late back from class, and just had a drink and went to bed. I was supposed to be doing potatoes by day, but it ended up as potatoes and no supper! However my legs are less sore, and I think I have lost the water I was carrying due to inflammation. So...I am almost back at my lowest hack weight, after one day of potatoes. I think from this I will deduce I put on muscle, and also water due to inflammation. Conclusion....the hack works!

Today is supposed to be short hills training, but I am exhausted. I don’t know whether to just do a short flat run or skip altogether. I shall ask my husband what he thinks when he gets back from his run.

Today I plan to do potatoes by day, plus a potato based supper tonight. I may or may not exercise.

Harley, I’m glad you enjoyed that turkey! As I understand it, the beauty of potato hacking is that one can have a day or two off (in your case) or hack 3 days eat normally 4 or whatever works for them....and it’s not ‘breaking the diet’. Either we are hacking or we are not. And if we do put on a bit of weight, then we can hack again.

Onwards, I shall make a cuppa and consider the day!

E-n-R
Old 11-20-2017, 11:43 AM   #567
MzNessa
Senior LCF Member

I'm starting back on the hack as of today, not sure exactly how long I'll do it this round, at least 4 days maybe 5.

I weighed in at 170 this morning but last night I had a late night pizza and chocolate party for one so I know that's not real weight gain. During the last few days that I've been off the hack I've been weighing in at 167 (!).

Have to say, I believe this the only diet forum I've ever read where everyone is having positive results and good experiences. The PH is such a gem! Interested to see how everyone does this week.

Good luck all! (Or good luck y'all for Harley )
Old 11-21-2017, 10:15 AM   #568
Eat-and-run
Junior LCF Member

Less said about yesterday the better! I got given a whole bag of lemons from a friends garden that needed something doing with them NOW. Lemon biscuits, lemon chia muffins, a lemony tray bake, and a coconut date slice(that contains lemons!) And while the oven was on I made a batch of bread too.....

Now most of it is in the freezer, but quite a lot of it is in me

So Nessa, I am back on the hack with you!!!
Old 11-21-2017, 10:49 AM   #569
MzNessa
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Less said about yesterday the better! I got given a whole bag of lemons from a friends garden that needed something doing with them NOW. Lemon biscuits, lemon chia muffins, a lemony tray bake, and a coconut date slice(that contains lemons!) And while the oven was on I made a batch of bread too.....

Now most of it is in the freezer, but quite a lot of it is in me

So Nessa, I am back on the hack with you!!!
Ohh... that all sounds very delicious! I'm not sure what I envy more, your stamina for running or your freezer of baked goods!

Today is Day 2 of this round and I woke up at 165 so I'm feeling good.

Welcome back to the hack!
Old 11-21-2017, 05:44 PM   #570
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have the Tim Steele one on Kindle and yes, itís great, and I found it very helpful. It also has ideas for changing things up for long term hacking, that you may be interested in. And so much information about why it works etc. I think other people have done books too but I think this one has more science....at least that is what the internet says! It also has a lot about resistant starch.
OK Thanks!! Sure I will be getting it