Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-23-2017, 06:19 AM   #1
lylydvd
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lylydvd
I'm giving up i will undergo GP surgery

I have been trying to lose my extra 70 pounds excess weight for more than 15 years without success, and i ended up having more 50 pounds as a result of yo-yo dieting. My only success is losing those 50 pounds of BONUS weight after following JUDDD and keeping them off for three years.

But now i regained all of them back plus another BONUS of 20 lbs, which makes the sum of my excess weight 140 pounds of failure!

So literally, I compounded my problem while i was trying as hard as i could to resolve it.

So, i'm giving up and i will get my gastric bypass surgery next month.

Any advice or moral support will be appreciated.
lylydvd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2017, 10:27 AM   #2
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I know bypass surgery helps a lot of people, but there is still a need to watch portions, count calories and weigh measure food- from what I understand. Do you know what aspects of JUDDD were tripping you up? Were you able to stick to UD and DD calories or was one or both hard to stick to?

Were you weighing and measuring your food with a kitchen scale? Were you tracking your calories?

If you give us some of the areas where JUDDD was tripping you up, we may be able to help.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:40 AM   #3
Leo41
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Since OP seems to be already scheduled for surgery, I'd like to provide support because although I have not had any weight-loss surgery, two of my family members have had the gastric sleeve, and both have experienced success after the procedure. For some people, the 'tool' of surgery is necessary for weight management.

Carly points out that there are dietary limitations following surgery, and I'm sure the poster's surgeon has provided that info. My family members (sister and her daughter) had their surgeries at different times in different states, but both had excellent preparation from their surgical team that included nutritionists and psychologists.

My sister was advised by her doctors to have the surgery to try to control her diabetes which despite adherence to diet (low carb) and three Rx was out of control and causing eye problems. Within a month of the surgery, her blood glucose was normal with NO Rx, and three years later, she still has totally normal BG.

Her daughter was only 23, but was also advised by her endo that weight loss would be impossible for her without the surgery. She had followed a strict diet faithfully for some months without any significant weight loss. Her endo diagnosed multiple hormonal issues. She has a 'new life' a year later having lost close to 100 lbs, and the surgery [and weight loss] seems to have helped resolve her hormonal problems.

Both of them now eat healthily and are very careful to maintain their dietary patterns to avoid gaining weight.

Yes, there are many stories of people who regain weight, etc., but surgery can be an important tool for those who are compliant with all the restrictions involved.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:45 AM   #4
lylydvd
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Carly for your response. In fact, you are an inspirational and impressive character. You were among the persons who encouraged me to do JUDDD at the first place through reading your story and posts.
I know how to count calories accurately, i was tracking every bite i eat and i know my exact calories allowance.
Off course i faced no problem sticking to up days and i managed to get over down days' toughness quickly, so it was not that hard for me to stick to JUDDD. Actually everything was great, i lost weight easily and maintained it even more easier, however i noticed that my metabolism start to wrack gradually, my appetite start to increase and the weight start to cripple up fast and steady!
I tried every kind of medicine, but they did more harm than good. so now i don't have many options. i become morbidly obese, my health is at stake and i lost all my willpower after this endless struggle. So i'm considering gastric bypass surgery hoping it will put me on track again and i promise God that i won't hurt my body this way again.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:57 AM   #5
lylydvd
Junior LCF Member

Thank you Leo41 for your useful and optimistic reply!
I really needed this kind of successful stories. I know that there a lot of adherence needed after the "honeymoon months" and i know how it is easily for anyone to regain their weight again after losing it, especially after gastric sleeve surgery. but i learnt my lesson and i will never ever let myself indulge in food or "depression" again.
thank you for sharing this. have a good day.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:06 AM   #6
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/113/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Dawn/Keira's Mom shed her weight with JUDDD and her DH opted for WL surgery. The WL Surgery worked fabulously well for him and reversed many of his pressing health issues. Together, they shed weight and maintained it and it made a tremendous difference to their family life.

Your predicament is not uncommon, lylydvd - and I should think surgery is not a decision that you've taken lightly. 15yrs to be grappling with 140lbs feels like you need an intervention particularly if you're also having to manage depression.
Quote:
my metabolism start to wrack gradually, my appetite start to increase and the weight start to cripple up fast and steady!
I don't know what happened to your metabolism - is your surgical team confident that it's something that will be improved after the surgery and subsequent weight loss?
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:17 AM   #7
Puppy love
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Puppy love
Stats: 203/126 /126
WOE: No sugar/grains-clean eating
Start Date: October 1, 2012
Don't consider it giving up. People take many different paths to achieve success. Put positivity into your decision. It will go a long way in helping you achieve the outcome you desire. You got this! Best wishes.
Puppy love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:29 AM   #8
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/217/not sure 5'7
WOE: IF/NK
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
I also wouldn't consider it giving up. I have a dear friend that has found much success with it.

Some people will say WLS is "the easy way" but from what I have seen it is far from easy. The restriction does, however, take choices out of your hands for a certain period of time. I think the trick is to use that time to make some better habits and life changes. From what I have seen, the people that do that are successful long-term.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:01 PM   #9
lylydvd
Junior LCF Member

thanks SlowSure for your reply,
i'm more happier now after reading your opinions girls about my decision.
there is a lot of kindness and understanding in your words. i thought at first that everyone will judge me and accuse me of surrender. But your are very positive, humane and encouraging. thanks a lot
Old 09-28-2017, 03:04 PM   #10
lylydvd
Junior LCF Member

Puppy love, Good brevity makes sense. thanks for those nice words.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:10 PM   #11
lylydvd
Junior LCF Member

GME, yes you are right it is not an easy way. but most people can't see it this way. most people around me telling me that is a giving up and running up the white flag. that is the reason why i'm seeking support here, and it's true guys, i found here what i looked for. i really appreciate it so much.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:44 PM   #12
Leo41
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
No, it's NOT 'giving up!! It's making a choice that will advance and improve your health.

Please don't let ignorant people make you question this choice.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:12 PM   #13
enemysugar
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: enemysugar
Stats: 278/139/160 Goal Met 8/2017
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: January 25th 2017
Congratulations on the Decision you made to take Charge of your Body and your Health, I know It was not a decision you made lightly. I believe that all of our Low Carb Friends that responded to your post weather they agree with your decision or not were advising you with the best of intentions, and to give you other Alternatives, as this is an invasive procedure.
enemysugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:34 PM   #14
battler
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: battler
Yes, good luck. Congrats on making a decision to help you move forward in a positive way. I personally feel there is a lot we just don't know about weight gain and loss, why some people lose and why some people don't. You are here in a situation now and doing something to alleviate it. Good on You and All the best.
battler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 09:21 AM   #15
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
No, it's NOT 'giving up!! It's making a choice that will advance and improve your health.

Please don't let ignorant people make you question this choice.
You are the only person who lives in your body. It is your choice and your choice alone. Don't listen to people who feed you negativity.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 05:30 AM   #16
Avicenna
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avicenna
Stats: 215/190's/somewhere in the 170's
WOE: Still shopping for one that fits
Start Date: July 2011 (JUDDD Feb-Dec 2012)
Wishing you the best
Avicenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 06:21 AM   #17
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/113/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Do you know the date for your surgery? Wishing you well
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:42 PM   #18
Maryposa

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG - Gluten and Egg Allergies
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
How did the surgery go? We have a WLS board here. It's kind of quiet but I hope you'll reach out. I had VSG in 2010

10 sizes lost, 1 or 2 to go!
See my weight loss progress on youtube!
my youtube channel for my post-op weight loss surgery (VSG) journey
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote