Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-02-2017, 12:49 PM   #31
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey View Post

But I have a question, I just restarted yesterday. It was supposed to be a down day, But I binged in the evening. So I wonder what would happen if I worked my way down from 900cals to 500 cals intead of diving in. I lost weight yesterday because I still ate less and walked a lot. I know that one must be very strict with in the 1st 2 weeks, but im 100% sure i am not confident enough to do it, Im scared I will fail and binge coming from close to 3000 calories a day to 500.

So today Im redoing my DD but Im eating 900 cals. next week Thursday i will go to 800, then 700 the following week. By mid December I will be in full swing with my 500 Cals...

Do you think this will work? Oh and on my DDs during the day I will stick to Protein shakes and in the evening I will have a nice large plate of steamed and raw veggies with lean meat.
OK- this may be unpopular as per all the other advice you received, but I think it's only fair for me to share what worked/ works for me and the perspective of Dr. J.

The science indicated that the JUDDD magic- including appetite suppression, comes when the Sirtuin enzymes are fully activated. I can honestly feel a major difference when I'm SIRT saturated and when I'm not and for sure the biggest benefit is decreased appetite followed by increased energy.

I can not get SIRT saturated unless I have low DDs. The lower the better and the quicker I get SIRT saturated.

Doing something like 900, 800, 700, 600, 500 would be sheer torture for me and probably, for me, a set up to fail.

Yes, from a calorie deficit point of view you should lose weight eating 900 or 800 every other day if your UDs are at maintenance level, but my experience is that it would drag out the difficult, feeling hungry and having no energy phase for a long time.

However, whatever makes it so you can do the plan long term is really all that matters, so just my 2 cents for what they are worth.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2017, 02:02 PM   #32
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietnite
Stats: 278/255/165
WOE: JUDDD
Bluebelle- yes! love the feeling of waking up after a good DD and knowing I get to have a guilt free higher cal day. This really is the best way to live.

Jennsmith- try not to feel bad. We all know that feeling- we keep keeping on!
quietnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:24 PM   #33
JayLynn
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JayLynn
WOE: Keto/IF
Start Date: HDE Jan 2015, IF Feb 2016
oops meant to post in Fung thread...

Make good choices. I choose love and good health.

"In the beginning, we make our habits. Over time, our habits make us."

Eat clean and keep moving.
And laugh a lot!

Last edited by JayLynn; 11-02-2017 at 09:25 PM..
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:05 AM   #34
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

I do have to back up what Carly said. DD aren't painful when I hit the 500 to 600 which is what the calc says for my weight. Once I do that for awhile, there really isn't more than the passing feeling of hunger. Up Days are more of a problem for me.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:22 AM   #35
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Okay, so early morning school prep here. Today is the second DD of the schedule that I have been doing. I forgot my cucumber which is what I eat sliced with salad dressing for lunch.

The department brought in bagel breakfast etc.

I'm just talking out loud here to see if I can learn something. Skip if it's too annoying
So I know very well that I can make it quite easily through the day with just mugs of tea and water. The whatever it is gene is kicked in quite nicely, it is a very busy day for me teaching wise and will go quickly. Also it is the Friday before a week long break- I have an up day to look forward to tomorrow and a week of self-care and the ability to move, sleep, work, think on my own biological schedule which is a HUGE joy and gift for me.

However, old diet head is saying that this could be a medium or up day, I could eat if I wanted, celebrate the coming break with food, etc.

Also, I know this morning I was a my low weight and there is a very good chance if I stick to my DD, I might see a move on the scale which I have been patiently/impatiently been waiting for most of the month.

Sorry to inflict all of this inner dialogue on you guys. And I can't promise I won't be thinking/typing more on this throughout the day. I really love you guys and this has helped me get some clarity at least for right now.

Maybe someone else can learn from my insane meanderings.

As of right now, I am sure that I'm going to stick to my DD, I can buy a damn amazing bagel tomorrow!!!!

More will be revealed.

Last edited by quietnite; 11-03-2017 at 05:23 AM..
Old 11-03-2017, 06:53 AM   #36
SlimNana
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: 170/165/140
WOE: UD/DD 4:3
Right On! Whatever food tempts you on a DD just save it for the next UD.
That's the beauty of this WOE.

Friday is a DD for me, which is just what I need before heading into the weekend.
I have some bone broth I keep in the freezer that I made from the bones of leftover
roasted chicken from Costco.

Have a great day!

Ann

Last edited by SlimNana; 11-03-2017 at 06:57 AM..
SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 07:30 AM   #37
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietnite View Post
Okay, so early morning school prep here. Today is the second DD of the schedule that I have been doing. I forgot my cucumber which is what I eat sliced with salad dressing for lunch.

I'm just talking out loud here to see if I can learn something. Skip if it's too annoying
So I know very well that I can make it quite easily through the day with just mugs of tea and water. The whatever it is gene is kicked in quite nicely, it is a very busy day for me teaching wise and will go quickly. Also it is the Friday before a week long break- I have an up day to look forward to tomorrow and a week of self-care and the ability to move, sleep, work, think on my own biological schedule which is a HUGE joy and gift for me.

However, old diet head is saying that this could be a medium or up day, I could eat if I wanted, celebrate the coming break with food, etc.

Also, I know this morning I was a my low weight and there is a very good chance if I stick to my DD, I might see a move on the scale which I have been patiently/impatiently been waiting for most of the month.

Sorry to inflict all of this inner dialogue on you guys. And I can't promise I won't be thinking/typing more on this throughout the day. I really love you guys and this has helped me get some clarity at least for right now.

As of right now, I am sure that I'm going to stick to my DD, I can buy a damn amazing bagel tomorrow!!!!

More will be revealed.
You will feel so amazing if you stick to you DD and enjoy a bagel tomorrow if you still want one then!!! You can do it!

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:34 AM   #38
Carly

I cannot express how happy I am that it is Friday!!!!

These last few weeks have been really hectic at work. I've been sleeping a little better over the last week than I ordinarily do. Probably not well by most people's standards, but good for me. I'm not really sure why I feel just as tired or even more tired

Probably the decreasing daylight... It is what it is.

Hope everyone has a good Friday morning.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:52 AM   #39
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/175/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Quote:

More will be revealed.
I think you've described what goes on in the brain very well. The bargaining period, with your conscious mind trying to talk sense into your unconscious mind, which is saying "eat it; it's what we usually do". I'm sooo into the psychology of habit these days!
Old 11-03-2017, 08:43 AM   #40
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
quietnite- I don't know if this is doable for you but sometimes I will take whatever it is that is tempting me (bagel) and just wrap it up and save it for my UD. It is a little game I play with my head - it is not like I can't have whatever goody, its sitting right in front of me, I just will have it tomorrow instead. I do this a lot with cookies...

Carly- I'm so freaking tired too- it has to be the daylight changes. UGH. I've been sucking down some vitamin drinks (Emergen-C) hoping it might help because I also keep thinking I'm fighting off a cold.

Rosey- you didn't intended to ALWAYS have higher DD's, correct? You were just thinking to ease in to them, get used to the lower calorie days and keep dropping the number?

Bluebelle - totally agree that the best part of a DD is waking up the next morning feeling successful and more slim

I'm totally dragging today, don't know why. I'm already planning my exit strategy - I may try to work at home in the afternoon, maybe squeeze in a little nap. UGH. It is however a gorgeous fall day today. Poor DP is still reacting to his vaccination - seems a bit too long to have continued swelling at the injection site. Perhaps my afternoon will be at the vet instead.

I started thinking about the holidays last night, its a strange mixture of dread and excitement at the same time. I'm SOO happy its Friday. I am looking forward to SLEEPING.
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:24 AM   #41
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Which time?
Bluebelle - I love waking up on an UD having completed a successful DD. Wished it worked as well when I'm waking up on a DD.

jennsmith346 - I'm a total believer in eating low carb and keto and it being the best way to eat for our bodies. It helps me immensely on DDs or even total fasting days. That said, after many years on this earth and in my dieting expertise (said sarcastically), I know I am going to have the occasional indulgences. Do NOT even try to keep me from having pecan pie on the holidays!

p0rtia - I love Tuscany. Go for it.

quietnite - Fridays, whether a DD (I do M/W/F) or a total fast day, has always been hard for me. And especially before a long break. But, when I can stick to my schedule, it does feel good to wake up on Saturday and know I did good the day before. And I can eat whatever I want to boot! Stay strong!

Yesterday was a good UD and I am glad to feel continual changes in my jeans, even after just two DDs. Today is a DD and I'll have a few coffees with HWC, aybe some chicken bouillon for lunch, and whatever I can afford at dinner. Friday's are typically hard for me as the weekend seems to emotionally "start" after I get home from work!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

December Goals:
-Sticking to mainly low carb.
-Sticking as best I can to my M/W/F DD schedule.
-Sticking to the belief that despite any changes in the scale or lack of other NSV's there has got to be some other good things going on inside!

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:20 AM   #42
jhmart
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jhmart
Stats: 165/137.5/130
Start Date: 08/16/17
My kid is going to the parade today for the Astros! And I am stuck here at work Boo! Working through my UD here. I'm finding it difficult to get my calories up high enough with all of my restrictions. But I'm doing my best because I know the cycles are important. So skinless baked chicken and lettuce and a hb egg for lunch and I'm full. I am so eager to see what a month of clean eating does for me.

Rosey: do you best on those DD and yes they get easier. My DH is also doing JUDD and several times he has done medium days on his DD and he is still losing. So I'm no expert but I would say don't do another DD but keep the cycles going and do an UD today and then try another DD tomorrow. It is working for DH when he messes up either intentionally or unintentionally.

Vanilla: YAY STROS!!! That series was so exciting. And they were so cute after the game. My 16 yr old DS is headed to the parade downtown today. So bad missing school LOL They should have given them the day off for petes sake. I am stuck at work but all geared up in DH shirt since my son stole mine for the parade. The Texans...love em but with JJ out and now our new quarterback out for the season :-( I don't have too much hope for them. But I will still cheer. They can beat the colts on Sunday.

Hi to everyone else. Gotta run and get back to work.
Old 11-03-2017, 02:35 PM   #43
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
My lovely autumn day turned gray and gloomy . and on top of it all I have a surprise TOM. 2 weeks early. grrr. but maybe that explains this terrible tired feeling I've had for days! It also explains the mood swings.

Vanilla I think the same way about Fridays also- the unofficial weekend start! I usually try to fast all day so I can save my calories for the evening. The only good thing about being so tired on a Friday is I don't stay up late enough to eat more

Happy weekend ladies!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 08:50 PM   #44
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
Fridays are a tough day to DD for sure! But I got through.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:59 AM   #45
jhmart
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jhmart
Stats: 165/137.5/130
Start Date: 08/16/17
Wow my clean eating is working. I lost again on an up day and I am elated. This may be all water and I am OK with that. Considering I have been doing JUDD since Aug and I lost a chunk at the beginning very fast I don't think it is all water, but I am still ever so happy to see the scale dropping. Headed to Zumba this morning. I love love love the Saturday morning class. The teacher is awesome and really fun. Can I hope for another pound on this DD? Or am I being greedy there?

Phoenix,,I get that sometimes too. TOM just pops its head 2 weeks early. I can't remember where I read this but there is a something that says when you are losing fat sometimes hormones are stored in the fat and that release causes an extra or early TOM. When I see it its an extra one ugh but it is lighter. So when I see that and it hasn't been very often I tell myself yay I am burning fat and this is just a side effect of my success. Hope that is what is going on with you.

Happy weekend to all our JBs!!!
Old 11-04-2017, 08:43 AM   #46
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

WTG Jeni!! That reminds me, I really need to find a Zumba class nearby.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:10 AM   #47
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

OMG- the scale finally went down 1 pound. It went down! Thank you, Scale Gods!!!!

The graph line is still going down. Happy dance, happy dance!!!

That is all.

Last edited by quietnite; 11-06-2017 at 06:20 AM..
Old 11-06-2017, 06:43 AM   #48
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OMG- the scale finally went down 1 pound. It went down! Thank you, Scale Gods!!!!

That is all.
Good for you!! Happy dance indeed.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:32 AM   #49
Carly

Quote:

That is all.
Yay!!!!!

Old 11-06-2017, 07:46 AM   #50
Snackycake
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snackycake
Stats: 174/166.6/135
Start Date: Postpartum Restart 10/30/17
Good morning and happy Monday everyone!

Woohoo!! Go quietnite!!

The scale is headed in the right direction for me too, and I'm so excited. Now that I'm in the 160s I'm only two "decades" away from my pre-pregnancy decade (140s). Getting there feels so achievable.

Working JUDDD along with breastfeeding is interesting so far. My milk supply isn't great but that seems to be more a function of my being back at work than anything else, so I'm going to press on. I think the best thing about the combination might be the "free" calorie burn I get from breastfeeding, since so far I've been doing JUDDD *very* loosely and it's still working. Haven't counted a single calorie, I just fast until dinner on DDs and then eat a small-to-normal sized meal. That plus exercise (30 minute Jillian Michaels video) seems to be moving things right along, so I'm just going to keep it loose as long as I can get away with it. No need to restrict too much before it's necessary, right?

One thing I've found interesting is that during workouts on DDs, I kind of feel fantastic. No idea why, but I've had a couple days where I'd given myself permission to take a rest day and decided instead to just go ahead and workout because I felt GREAT. It's a nice plus.

The one downside is that since yesterday I've been insanely thirsty. Anyone know what that might be about? I've been guzzling water but it doesn't seem to help that much. Not sure if it's JUDDD or some kind of post-partum hormonal thing, but it's not so pleasant.

Hope everyone's week gets off to a great start.

Last edited by Snackycake; 11-06-2017 at 07:48 AM..
Snackycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:43 AM   #51
Carly

I've never heard of a thirst issue with JUDDD unless you are not drinking enough fluid on DDs.

Increased thirst always makes me worry about diabetes, but I'm not sure if you are at risk for that or not. If it continues, it would probably be wise to see your doctor.

__________________________________________________ _______

I was sleeping better for a little while (about a week) and it was really nice, but last night and the night before were just terrible, so that good streak may have come to an end. I got a taste of how most people probably sleep at their worst, but it was great for me. I could have gotten used to that. I bet it also would have been great for weight loss if it had continued.

Old 11-06-2017, 09:31 AM   #52
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

I find that as the weather changes I have to up my water, my skin gets drier and heat on at night dries me out so I get thirstier.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:39 AM   #53
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Which time?
jhmart - Oh we were all teary-eyed after their win! DH and I found some Astros WS shirts yesterday. Mine won't fit around my tush, yet. Yeah, the Texans are really iffy now. They almost pulled out a win yesterday. Losing JJ and Mercilus was bad enough, but I was so looking forward to watching DeShaun - he's fun to watch!

phoenix17 - We do stay up fairly late which is why it makes it hard! But I did fine with it, which amazed even me!

Snackycake - interesting you mention the thirst. Over the weekend I found myself thirstier than usual. I just chalked it up to must have been something I ate. But, I don't recall having that issue on all my other JUDDD attempts. Like Carly, I always think of diabetes. Being you're breastfeeding, I'm thinking you just need more fluids. Drink up, mama!

Yay on all the losses! I was down 1.5 lbs. myself on Saturday. Love a downward trend.

December Goals:
-Sticking to mainly low carb.
-Sticking as best I can to my M/W/F DD schedule.
-Sticking to the belief that despite any changes in the scale or lack of other NSV's there has got to be some other good things going on inside!

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:42 AM   #54
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: taramisu
Stats: 282/209/180
Start Date: April 7, 2015
Hi everyone! DD Monday. Working from home and really trying hard to stay out of the kitchen.
tara ¤

My Journal

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times—if one only remembers to turn on the light. ~ Albus Dumbledore
taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:57 AM   #55
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramisu View Post
Hi everyone! DD Monday. Working from home and really trying hard to stay out of the kitchen.
Ditto
Old 11-06-2017, 12:00 PM   #56
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snackycake View Post
Good morning and happy Monday everyone!

Woohoo!! Go quietnite!!

The scale is headed in the right direction for me too, and I'm so excited. Now that I'm in the 160s I'm only two "decades" away from my pre-pregnancy decade (140s). Getting there feels so achievable.

Working JUDDD along with breastfeeding is interesting so far. My milk supply isn't great but that seems to be more a function of my being back at work than anything else, so I'm going to press on. I think the best thing about the combination might be the "free" calorie burn I get from breastfeeding, since so far I've been doing JUDDD *very* loosely and it's still working. Haven't counted a single calorie, I just fast until dinner on DDs and then eat a small-to-normal sized meal. That plus exercise (30 minute Jillian Michaels video) seems to be moving things right along, so I'm just going to keep it loose as long as I can get away with it. No need to restrict too much before it's necessary, right?

One thing I've found interesting is that during workouts on DDs, I kind of feel fantastic. No idea why, but I've had a couple days where I'd given myself permission to take a rest day and decided instead to just go ahead and workout because I felt GREAT. It's a nice plus.

The one downside is that since yesterday I've been insanely thirsty. Anyone know what that might be about? I've been guzzling water but it doesn't seem to help that much. Not sure if it's JUDDD or some kind of post-partum hormonal thing, but it's not so pleasant.

Hope everyone's week gets off to a great start.
I always got insanely thirsty while breastfeeding AND I always get really thirsty doing JUDDD too, especially DDs (I think because during times of fasting I miss the H2O that is contained in food, e.g. in an apple or tangerine).
Old 11-06-2017, 01:14 PM   #57
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Vanilla-congrats on that downward trend!
Old 11-06-2017, 03:14 PM   #58
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/132/124
Hi All,
I'm trying to post more often. There seems to be a good correlation between posting frequency and success. I'm struggling with keeping the cals down. If anything, I'm leaning more toward an eating window, usually about 4-5 hours, which isn't too bad. I just wish I could get back to the full commit, ya know? It's difficult because my life has very little routine. One day I work 9-5; the next day I might work 10am-8pm, the following day might be 8am-6pm, followed by 10am-4pm. With the time fluctuation also comes with energy outpout: one day I might be sitting 95% of the time, the next, I might never sit down but for 15 min 3x, and I might walk up and down flights of stairs continually. I don't mean to complain; I think it's better than having a constant desk job, but it really requires a mental headspace to get over fatigue and hunger. I think it'd difficult to have 'solid' DDs and UDs on this non-routine. At least I'm mostly having OMAD, even if it's spanned out over a few hours in grazing once I get home.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:48 PM   #59
quietnite
Senior LCF Member

Kwerp, it's great that you're posting in the middle of all that busyness and schedule changing. And talking about the challenges are how I struggle toward figuring out the next right step forward. It helps me sometimes to think out loud here on the boards. So good on you.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:53 AM   #60
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Kwerp I definitely agree. Even when I go off-plan, posting and reading here makes me come back on plan sooner.

Hoping SlowSure and Vlo are OK!