Old 11-17-2017, 09:06 PM   #1
mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down
WOE: exercise and finger crossing
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
SATURDAY’S ROLL CALL, NOV. 18

I didn’t post much, had a day of melancholy because of it being dh’s birthday & it hit me unexpectedly harder early this AM.

Susan, I’m glad your DD made it ok and you could walk a bit. I suppose it does make it easier for her to take everyone home and be there tonight already. So tomorrow is fresh for everyone there. Hoping tonight you get some comforting sleep, you and Desi.

Loretta, how exciting to watch Leah’s team do well and notice their growth, too. Yay, she was happy to see that you were there! . You are lucky to get some real smoked sausage, how nice!

Babette, glad you finally got some sleep in that was enough so you could get shopping done. I know you are planning next weeks food and all the stress of people coming, it will work out fine!

Another busy day, Silas was not here today, they are coming Saturday, Rachel needs Buffie to take her in the pickup to pick up a door she bought...not sure what she will do with the door. Zach will stay here with me and Silas.

Wish we could relax but that won’t happen........

It’s still warm, fan on, sleeveless nighty, 75 degrees and humid still.

See you in the AM!

Still biding my time.........
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2017, 06:13 AM   #2
modon69478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/136.6/116
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Good morning,

Will be taking the car for 12K checkup this morning, will meet a friend for coffee while they're working on the car, and then get some groceries for the week.

For fans of Longmire, the final season was put on Netflix yesterday. I watched the first episode last night - It was good!!

Wishing you all a very pleasant day,
Michele
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:27 AM   #3
ocali
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
Michele, I watched Longmire, too. The plots continue......
I'll be done reading The Orphan Train this weekend. I promise not to spoil it for any of you waiting to read it.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:27 AM   #4
SuSUN
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/142/125 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LCF 02/2002
Doris, I am so sorry that you had those depressing feelings. They come over us so unexpectedly.

It is still surprisingly warm for you at 75F.
We have 29F right now with freezing rain coming down. Only a promise of a high of 32F this aft. So a day to stay indoors and do stuff around here.

Yes, quiet around here now the dogs have gone home. I can get to my chores easier now, so I will putter along here.

Michele, Enjoy your coffee break with your friend. Always good to spend time with someone while the car is being looked at. Those waiting rooms are so boring and not pleasant.
Enjoy your show. I will have to check it out.

Good to see your post Julie. You certainly have been busy with lots of social activities. I wish I could sell up and move down there.
It's on my bucket list for sure!

Waving to the rest of our friends. I plan to check back later to read your posts. Stuck indoors today. I think that is the safest place.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:29 AM   #5
Loretta V
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119/120
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Taking a house cleaning break. Gloomy day here in Ky. Rain with mild temps for now but tonight will be very cold.

Julie how is your grandson doing now? I am on the waiting list for The Orphan Train. Seems like all of the popular books have a waiting list and we have a small library with limited copies. Lots of folks are listening to books also.

Enjoy your day Michele. I recently had my 100,000 mile check up on my 2012 Prius. I put on a lot of miles in my rural area.
Have a nice lunch with your friend.

Doris I sure would like some of that weather. Sure hope you do find Some time to relax.

Hi to those that follow.

Maintaining 118/122 **** 15 YEARS
WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:58 AM   #6
mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down
WOE: exercise and finger crossing
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Well, it's so windy and sort of nasty wind, but not any moisture, so that's a plus. Poor Josh didn't feel too good yesterday, but got up early for work this AM, drove part of the way, had to stop at a Big Lots store to be sick to his tummy, so texted the supervisor and came home, right straight to bed, he had a fever last night and this morning. Not a cold, just tummy flu. Zach was coming with Silas, while the two gals were going to go to pick up that ladder Rachel wanted, and then they are going to a large sort of a flea market type place, but that changed to just Buffie going with her pickup and the guys over there are staying put. So I'm going through stuff and starting a new donation bag, etc. Trying to clear the big dining room table up, so tired of it, and the two pantry set of bookcases next to it, want to take everything off, toss what needs to be tossed and make room on it for other stuff. But now, since Josh is sleeping, I'm in here trying to be quiet, so the dogs are not stirred up and then they all bark ......blah....

Michele, glad you have a pal to go with while your car gets serviced, those waiting rooms are no fun, lordy lordy, the one we were in on Thursday had blaring Wendy Williams tv show on, good heaven's!! Where do you like to shop for groceries? Something close to where you live?

Susan, puttering sounds inviting to me, too. Used to not like too much to be alone, but I sure see the beauty in it now.....and I'm going to start a dialogue with the kids as to looking around to see where they would like to one day live, I pointed out to Josh on Thursday the area just outside of town that has house and land, looks a lot like where we used to live, too.

Julie, glad you are almost done with your book, and onward to the next one! How is your grandson doing, by the way?

Loretta, you seem to have had a lot of gloomy days already, and you are right to stick to your home, and do whatever. Cleaning never seems to get done, I bought a electric broom just for myself to keep in the office for those quick cleanups of fur and stuff. The house smells of Pine Sol, due to doggie stuff. I'd better say "see you later", I'm full of complaints this morning.

Later!

Still biding my time.........
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:39 PM   #7
ocali
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
My grandson came home after a week in the hospital. This week, they removed the 23 staples from his incision. I gather he is doing well. No appetite ( he has only 25% of his stomach), but his wife is keeping after him.. It's good to have a wife with a masters in nursing. I suppose things will progress for him now. We will have to see how the future turns out.
His older son is a senior in high school, working as a host in a restaurant, and making plans to enter college next year. The younger boy is in junior high. They are a lovely family.
Thanks for asking, Loretta. And Doris.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:56 PM   #8
Loretta V
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119/120
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Thanks Julie for the update. Sounds like it will be slow but sure progress. He is blest to have such a nice family.

Doris sounds like you just stay busy. Good luck on the clean up. It takes a while to look at everything and decide which way it should go.

Maintaining 118/122 **** 15 YEARS
WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 01:01 PM   #9
Liblady
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 110 lbs. 4'11
WOE: nothing definite
Start Date: May '11
Julie, sounds like your grandson is doing ok for what he's been through. I bet his appetite will get better with time. And yes, it is good his wife is a nurse.

I worked at hospital this morning, it was nice and quiet, then went to Publix. I'm going to a neighborhood Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow afternoon and was asked to bring jellied cranberry sauce. (Ocean Spray) Funny thing is that DH HAD to have that with his turkey. I haven't even thought about it since he passed. And I did ok buying it. In other words........no tears.

No ice, wind or rain here today, another beautiful one, mid 80s again.

Doris, hope Josh gets feeling better. This is not a good time to be sick, well, when is a good time.

Hi to Susan, Michele, Loretta, and Babette.
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 01:02 PM   #10
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: Restart 2/16/14 171/157.4/130, 2/2/15 166.6/163.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Hi everyone,

Doris - what can I say? I know that pain will always be with you. Something I am dreading, but at the rate I have been going, maybe John will survive me despite his being older.....

Julie, so glad to hear your grandson is doing so well. For some reason I thought he was a child! Good to hear his wife is a nurse. So is our son's wife, should her skills ever be required.

Loretta - that is a lot of driving! I do not think we ever reached 100,000 miles on any car we have ever owned and we keep them til they die!

Enjoy your indoor day of quiet, Susan. You earned it ;-)

Never watched Longmire, Michelle. Is that a Netflix original series?

Well, I did myself in with shopping yesterday. I slept 12 hours last night, and not feeling very well this morning, so will be taking it easy today.

Have a good one.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:28 PM   #11
SuSUN
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/142/125 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LCF 02/2002
Julie, Glad to hear the update on your dear Grandson. I have been wondering and didn't like to ask. Sounds like he is is in good hands with his Nurse and loving wife. Can't get any better than that. She will take good care of him for sure!
A great relief for You I am sure.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:49 PM   #12
modon69478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/136.6/116
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Yes, Babette, Longmire is a Netflix original series. But, you can probably find it on you tube.
modon69478 is offline   Reply With Quote