Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 02-17-2017, 04:44 PM   #61
CarolynF
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Judy!! poor Dd! At least they gave her morphine. Gallstone attacks are no fun. Glad they removed the culprit. She will fine in a week I imagine. Well, maybe the Kidney stones don't worry them unless they move. They just blast them any way and hope for the best. Scary that you have to sit that long. The night shift might have been sleeping.

You needed comfort food. We need to try that place sometime.

keep us posted on the patient.

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2017, 05:29 PM   #62
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT + Fast Five
Start Date: June 2012
Unfortunately I've got 3 members of my family that did not have kidney stones blasted - they were operated. They go in and fish them out. My sister nearly died from one. It had blocked the flow of urine for so long she was septic.

We've got a lot of kidney stone experience in this family.
I have always passed mine. Sometimes after several days of intense pain. But some aren't so lucky.

Point being - we don't disregard them and wish the doctor there hadn't dismissed them. We still don't know whether that stone or stones was part of the reason for such intense pain for DD.
Just wish we knew how many/where/if both kidneys or just one - you know. DD has had them in both kidneys at the same time. Brutal.

I think I still need to sleep some more! LOL

I need to go see what Lean for Life is.

I feel like we've lost Karen...
Old 02-17-2017, 09:30 PM   #63
sjl330
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/143.8/140-145 5'6"
WOE: Fast-5 intermittent fasting
Start Date: January 2003
Wow, Judy! What a night for DD and for you and your DH too. How frustrating that is! And it usually looks like there's really no reason for that kind of treatment, or lack thereof. Maybe you should right a letter to the head of the hospital. It might save the next poor soul going there for urgent care. I sure hope you get some answers and I hope your DD feels much better quickly.

Carolyn, dress shopping....how fun and how sweet for Sarah to invite you along. You can just enjoy the process without any of the stress of it being your daughter.

Food can wait!
There. Will. Always. Be. Food.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:04 PM   #64
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

During the actual operation - the removal of the naughty gallbladder - the concierge person walked through. They have always been very nice and accommodating there. They'll get you anything and try to get any information.

I told that girl my story and she asked if I would please speak to their ER manager. I declined because I was incredibly sleep-deprived and didn't want my judgment full of health crisis and sleep deprivation. LOL

She said she'd relay it anyway, and they're going to contact DD.
You know how you might see things a little differently after the crisis has passed and you've had a couple of nights' sleep?
I think they'll be informed - I doubt it will matter much.
We've just had such better experience there before this.

I'm so glad you can check in Sandy. It looks like you all are having a BLAST. You and your DH planned so well. You're still young enough to enjoy your retirement. And so glad you insisted on your DH's surgeries so he can enjoy this time, too!

Carolyn is tomorrow the day to try on dresses?
Old 02-18-2017, 09:05 AM   #65
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Still Karen
Stats: 173 starting weight
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Feb 15, 2017
Hi gang....Karen is still here. Things just got wonky for me this past week.
But before I go into that....

Carolyn - Congratulations to Brett & Sarah and all of you. Have fun on "Dress Day" on the 25th. And new walking shoes are such a nice springtime lift to any wardrobe even if they do have to accommodate inserts (don't we all have inserts by now ). I briefly googled Lean for Life, hadn't heard of it. Looks like a whole system of support. Wow, wouldn't it be fun to be 128 lbs in your mother of the groom dress??? I'm pulling for you!! The places for the wedding sounds lovely! Exciting times for all of you for sure.

Judy - You've had a complicated and exhausting week too. Hugs to you and I hope DD is feeling better today. I'm still "ouching" for her. Not fun at all!!! She's had a LOT on her plate this last few weeks (new baby, death, surgery....when it rains it pours) and it spills over to you as you care for and comfort her and her family. Get a nap when you can and I know you know that "this too shall pass"....never fast enough but eventually the sun does come out again and the days look like something you remember of normal. Hugs

Sandy - So happy that you are having a fun and relaxing winter filled with new experiences and enjoyment. I can see you smiling through your sunny days in the deep south by the ocean. Just hearing about your experience feels like a rush of summer breeze blowing on my face.....ahhh, I soak it in. Thanks for sharing!! And now that your friends are gone I imagine you are back on track with getting those extra "fun (party)" pounds off.

And I think Lori is the one who is lost........calling Lori, calling Lori
Still Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 10:13 AM   #66
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

I've been missing because I too have had a complicated week. I've come on and read what is happening for you all but no time or energy to write.

I won't share all, just the highlights, or I would have 8 pages the size that Judy wrote telling about her experience the night they took her daughter to the hospital. I'll spare the long details but in a nutshell I have had 3 clinic appointments for this bladder surgery situation, I carted my little senior friend, Lainy, to clinic one day and my son had his port-a-cath surgery this week. AND MY BACK IS TRASHED!!! I knew adding my medical needs to the "chicken soup" of my life would throw our family "normal (far from normal)" into a tail-spin and it did. You see, in reality, I'm a caregiver who often needs some care-giving of my own but there is no one to care for me so I muster through and pay a mighty pain price for it. That is what comes from living hundreds of miles away from family. You are always doing life solo.

So my son is healing but had a couple rough days. He's only been off IV medications for a total of two weeks since November and it looks like he might be hooking up again next Tuesday.............ugggh. IV poles are a normal part of our household decor....we'll see what Tuesday brings but his lungs have taken a hit from the port placement.

My little senior gal is a crippled up mess, 78 years old, all her kids live in states far away and I'm her "adopted" neighborhood daughter. Getting her arranged to move into senior living, selling her house, packing her house and helping her with clinic appointments (she gets IV infusions each week for arthritis..new drug study), and she can't drive anymore......whewwwww, getting older is tough. All I really do is drive her, support her mentally, help her make decisions, and make sure she doesn't fall when carting her around. I don't do packing and things, she has hired a lady to do that, but it is just a lot of decision making. She was supposed to get her senior apartment March 1st but it has been pushed out to April 1st. I was hoping she would be settled shortly after March 1st so the facility could take care of a lot of her needs but it looks like this is going to be another 5 weeks, or so, of "stuff" to deal with. Her son is coming in 2 weeks to do a huge haul of her things so I'm hoping that will alleviated a lot of decisions for her to make. She is having such a hard time parting from a lifetime of things. Lots and lots of shuffling of boxes and me trying to get her to see that she won't need those things at the senior apartment anymore. I understand it and yet I can see that her ageing mind is just not processing things well anymore. Complicated and so sad. Sometimes we just sit and cry together over her loss of home, community, items of remembrance...just sad. It just takes time to work through all this.

Then for me, after all these clinic appointments and being right at the door of being set up for bladder surgery again I kept asking questions and was not getting the answers I wanted to hear. My chief complaint all along has been to clear up these bladder infections. Come to find out the surgery was not going to assure that the infections would be alleviated. My bladder has dropped but that is not the reason for the infections. The tests and voiding diary show that I'm emptying well so there is little chance that the infection is coming from residual urine that is not emptying correctly. So why am I getting these infections....no answers from Mayo....hummmmmm????? So my surgery is off, no surgery.

I tell you, if you don't ask the right questions you just don't get the right answers anymore, even at the Mayo Clinic. In time I will probably still require the surgery but that surgery comes with huge risks, like having to self-cath for a lifetime, bladder pain, leakage, additional surgeries and in the end I don't even feel any discomfort from the dropped bladder.

The gynecologist that I saw suggested estrogen for the bladder infections so I started on a vaginal insert about a month ago. I added a cranberry tablet on my own at the same time. The urologist at Mayo poo-pooed both however, the younger resident fresh out of medical school encouraged both. But since the surgery would do nothing for the infections I decided to wait and see what I could figure out on my own with more natural solutions. For one, I'm highly suspicious of some of the body washes that I use and have thrown them in the garbage and I want to give the estrogen and cranberry a good try. The Urologist is top in her field and said anytime I want the bladder lifted to come back and she will do it but she agreed that it is not an emergency and if it becomes worse I will know it and will want it done.........whew....

So with all the clinic trips, additional sitting, up and down stairs with my son my back is just trashed. So I have not wanted to sit here typing to all of you. It's better today after a nice night with my muscle relaxer. That was the other problem. I wanted to take my muscle relaxer earlier in the week but it makes me unfit to drive for a day and I had things to drive to every day so my back pain just kept being more problematic.....again, whew....

And, what little time I did have on the diet board I have been trying to find some Weight Watcher buddies. I think I've found a couple, trying it out. Counting the WW points has been working well. I think my action plan is to get the weight OFF with WW then I can keep it off with IFing.

Sorry so long.....my life just gets complicated at times. When my health was good I could keep all the balls in the air but now with my chronic back pain I struggle when things get wonky. Really, all I can handle is caring for my son, myself and our home. Anything past that becomes problematic. Trying to squeeze in a surgery for me was going to test things but then adding Lainy's move to senior living has really thrown things for a loop. But she needs help and I'm going to do what I can to help her. But like I said to Judy, this always passes. Normal is right around the bend. A person just has to keep a clear head and trust that God is clearing the path before us. And he did.... He closed the door for surgery at the county hospital. He kept me uneasy about the surgery at Mayo until I finally asked the correct question and got the correct answer. He brought to mind that I seem to have problems when I use the scented shower jels (I don't routine use them).

If we are in Him, our Lord is always working things out for our good even when we can't see it. I'll never understand all the challenges in my life but I know for certain that it is all for something that He alone is working out for the good of His kingdom. This sheer vale between us and Heaven is only a mystery to us. It all makes perfect sense to Him who holds the keys to Heaven and I'm so thankful that he cares for us and encourages us when the visible looks confusing.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:06 PM   #67
CarolynF
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Judy, yes after Dd recovers from the gallbladder surgery, she will have to have the stones examined more thoroughly. My brother had them and had the operation. He has a couple floating around.

Next Saturday is the dress day!!!!!

Today I judged high school forensics all day. I love that! My kids were in that and I always enjoyed it.

Karen, our Buffy (on this board) had horrible bladder infections. She went on a low dose antibiotic. Yes, the lift won't cure the infections. My friend who had the lift was always leaking. She had to wear heavy pads. she is better now.

Cranberry is good to fight the infections plus D-mannose is good, too.

Lean for Life is a structured program. It is low carb, moderate protein, and lower fat.

hugs all around

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 07:37 PM   #68
Still Karen
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Carolyn, I'll check out the D-mannos. I'm hoping I won't have to do the low dose antibiotics, but will if I have to. So far so good and hoping the cranberry does the trick.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:58 PM   #69
JMCM1
Blabbermouth!!!

What is high school forensics?? Sounds fascinating - like police work!
Would love to know.

Carolyn is the dress trying-on in Tulsa? I promise I won't crash it, but I wouldn't mind walking by.....

Karen, that is a LOT to go through. But I agree - it seems as if you're being looked after. I am SO sorry about your back. So sorry. You just have so much on your plate.

My darling niece had bladder infection one after another. She was told to ditch her shower gels, too. Maybe that's one of the components for you, as you've thought, too.

I wish I had something smart to say about all you've let us know, but I just don't. You're really "on it" as far as your own challenges, so I'll just cheer you on in spirit.

One thing - I feel teeny tiny about complaining about a little lost sleep, that's for sure!

Glad you are so capable and know we are with you.