Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 09-20-2017, 01:16 PM   #61
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: >
Start Date: April1 2013
Hi, Every one.
Today is 4Th day .I'm going to take it another 2 days.
Then* Sat. eat.I'm thinking that I will have a salad with 1c. beans and 1/4 of Avaco.{Great fat.
And soup.{Later
I don;t want to gain after fasting with eating. Will I be ok with what I want to eat.?
Dressing with be measured and healthy.
Then start 3 days of Another fast This Sunday.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2017, 07:28 AM   #62
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Did Every one leave? Hope not.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:04 AM   #63
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/202/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
My husband's blood pressure med, Lisinopril, says not to take any potassium supplements or use salt substitute when taking this med. So I would advise to research any meds you are taking before adding potassium supplements.

The only time I did any long term fasting was in the hospital under medical supervision due to surgery. I fasted for 6 days, water only. When they broke my fast food was added gradually. On day 7 I had only clear broth and jello. On day 8 I was given cream soup, and then on day 9 regular food was given.

I found this very interesting. There is a free Kindle book on Amazon called The Starvation Treatment of Diabetes. It was written in 1914 before insulin had been invented. It addresses how diabetes was treated with starvation, which we now call fasting, and sounds very much like Dr Fung's Fasting Protocol.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:21 AM   #64
atcgirl42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: atcgirl42
Hello all. Sorry to barge in unannounced.

I read Dr. Fung's book shortly after it came out and have done a few fasts. I posted in the Fung fasting threads for a while. My last meal was Sunday night. I'm trying to lose some fat for a wedding, but long term I'm trying to get back down to the weight I was for a large part of my adult life, which is about 20 pounds less than I currently am.

The hardest part of this for me is my husband. He loves eating together and questions me every day several times about when I'm going to eat again. Additionally we frequently do things with extended family and it seems like there is always an eating element to get togethers. Tomorrow night we're meeting DH's sister and her husband to see a concert. DH was just on the phone with BIL and said yes, let's go out to dinner beforehand! I don't want to eat tomorrow. So I can sit there in a restaurant while everyone else eats and be questioned over and over and told how unhealthy it is to not eat, or I can break my fast and eat. I sometimes feel like DH undermines me with this. It's frustrating for me since we see members of his family at least once a week if not more. I don't want to have to explain myself.

I am down about 7 pounds already. I lost about 3 pounds the first 2 days alone. I know it's water, but I already look so much better.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:31 AM   #65
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/202/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
I understand what you're going through because DH always wants me to eat with him, also. I don't have an answer for you. It is much easier to fast when you live alone and don't have to take other people into consideration. The only thing I can suggest is to continue what you are doing as much as you can and perhaps eventually DH will get used to it. In the meantime, maybe eating with extended family members and friend when the occasion rises, and fasting the other days.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:11 AM   #66
JayLynn
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JayLynn
WOE: Keto/IF
Start Date: HDE Jan 2015, IF Feb 2016
My husband always wanted me to eat with him too, but now he is used to me eating on my own schedule. For me, it was a decision of what was most important. When my health started to be affected by bad eating and I was on the brink of taking pills to lower my blood pressure and blood sugar, I got serious with eating low carb. Yeah people said things and told me I was wrong, but I know I wasn't and still do. I mostly do OMAD although right now I am on day two of my first (hopefully) five day fast. Husband is now used to me doing my own thing. Its my body and my health and that is one thing I can be in charge of.

Make good choices. I choose love and good health.

"In the beginning, we make our habits. Over time, our habits make us."

Eat clean and keep moving.
And laugh a lot!
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:12 PM   #67
myhnabird
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: myhnabird
Stats: 223.2/191.0/160
WOE: Fung style IF
Start Date: Re-start - Jan 8 2016
Diabetes/cancer links

I've been wondering if there are links between diabetes and pancreatic cancer (the pancreas produces insulin so maybe...?). My mum died of pancreatic cancer 3 years ago and my aunt has just been diagnosed so it's an area of concern for me. I googled around and came across this article:
http://www.webmd.com/diabetes/news/2...eatic-cancer#1

The writer doesn't seem to have heard of insulin resistance: "The pancreas contains cells that make insulin. Type 2 diabetes happens when these cells are unable to make enough insulin or the insulin doesn't work properly" but I'm pleased to see that there is a link and it's being studied.

Anyway, I'm 9 days in to a keto feast/fast cycle. It's working better than I ever expected, with weight loss of just over 9 lbs and an obvious lessening of hyperinsulinaemia markers (skin tags, dark skin patches). The fasting isn't too bad, so long as I remember my electrolytes and salt, and the feasting is no problem at all :

Start: 223.2
1st goal - end of March - Onederland: Done - Nov 15

My journal - Fitter Fifties
myhnabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:34 PM   #68
kind
Major LCF Poster!

How true On saying> If you really want to do something <>You will find a way. If You don't, you'll find an excuse.
Good job on 9 days.
Tomorrow will be my 6 day.{Then eat Light Sat. and restart fasting Sunday. How many days Not sure.
I have Dr. Fung book and all should get it if thinking of doing a fast.
Today weight>117{Short goal> for Sat.115[Hope.
Goal 110 and after that 107 and stop.
But will keep fasting .Have to see how this works for me down the road.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:13 PM   #69
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/168...185/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb 2014
So, I've been thinking about fasting. I work full time as a teacher in an urban school, and have to climb 50 stairs several times a day. I can't afford to be weak or light-headed. I started psmf at the beginning of the month, hoping that would work for me. I lost 10 lbs in the first 10 days, but nothing for the next 11. So, something is slowing or stalling me.

I'm reading your posts...I have never been able to take a multi vitamin on an empty stomach...makes me nauseous. And I guess I need to learn how to make bone broth.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:35 AM   #70
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Hi. Better then Never.
Fasting is not easy,But it is working for me.And I will stay with fasting.Just have to see how I do and how many days.
I got on scale today and was 116{So close to goal>110 and see
You look like you have lost alot and kept off. I exerisce and walk and jogg and some weight machines. But On fasting days I take it easier. Plus I go to sauna and steam room
But Im finding that I have to limit to 20-25 mins and have to get out[Drip in cold pool and go back to sauna.
Just with fasting harder.
Tomorrow Going to breakfast and eat salad and kept Sat. light. but add good healthy fat and restart Sunday another fast.
Maybe with working.
and just see how u do. maybe do hot broth..u may have to play with it and see how u feel.
U can buy a good healthy bone broth or veggie broth . till u make some.
Keep posting.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:16 AM   #71
MikeRatcliffe
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MikeRatcliffe
At the end of day 38 I have had to stop because my calf started to cramp again

Anyhow, I plan on eating LCHF for a week or so to boost my vitamins and minerals and then continuing my fast... I did lose over 40lbs so I am defo headed in the right direction.

I decided not to bother with much of a refeed so I just ate a 4 egg omelette with bacon and cheese. I did take my time and ate it over an hour or so but no problems at all.
MikeRatcliffe is online now   Reply With Quote