Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-25-2018, 06:25 PM   #241
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 238.8/185/140
WOE: carb nite/ allergy free
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Howdy! We got to see the little guy in the hospital yesterday Things are good. As long as he stays on track he should get out mid week

Dh had a nice birthday and enjoyed his DQ cake

I had CN last night. Popcorn and margarita.

Yesterday's menu

Egg bake

Fat head and Brussel sprouts

Popcorn and Margarita

Today

Egg bake

Brianna Thomas cookie dough and shake

Burger Patty and Brussel sprouts

Dimply thanks for your prayers. I appreciate it. He is doing good. I'm sorry to hear TOM and allergies ate kicking your butt. I think you'll do fan getting back on track!! I don't know if I mentioned it before but we use an air purifier for allergies. It is wonderful

Jess the tape and clothes don't lie. You are doing great!!!! Sorry to hear dd was upset my the cancelled practice. Darn rain. I watched Scooby do years ago when I got my one and old tattoo. Hope the kidfos got their clothes done.

On the buffet ladies there is a reason the place is always empty and they keep closing locations. I'm going to suggest I cook next year. Its the only holiday I don't host but it would be worth it

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2018, 08:07 AM   #242
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jessluvzbacon
Stats: 252/168/150
WOE: Mod carb 60-100g
Start Date: June 1, 2014
Mick6- So glad to hear about the lil' guy!
The kids did get their clothes done. I had to put my angry mom face on though.
I'm not checking out movies from the library any more. They are always damaged. We had to stop watching the Scooby cartoon as the disc malfunctioned. The other movie we checked out did that too. People just won't take care of what isn't theirs.

So tired. Tired of being tired. Work is being ridiculous for DH so he is cranky already on this Monday morn. I'm back and forth between 2 friends to get our homeschoolers (me and one friend) to get to play with public schoolers with a busy spring break. whew!

It's lovely out today though, high of 55 so I'm going to workout after lunch (PiYo strength video) then kick the kids out and get a bonus walk in for a bit.

Hoping everyone is doing so wonderful today!

Journal:http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=884031
jessluvzbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:45 AM   #243
handbells
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
WOE: it's complicated
Start Date: today!
Quick pop in! Busy weekend and now trying to get things done.

Mick6- good news on the little guy. Keep us posted! Sorry to hear about the buffet Enjoy spending time with your family, at least

Jess- all the exercise you do is bound to create muscle and we all know what that means! You're doing great! As Mick says, clothes don't like.

Thanks, Dimply! I am!

Can't remember if I mentioned it here or not, but DD17 was accepted to MWU. Super proud of her!

I'd best be off! Have a fantastic day!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!" (journal)

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 08:27 AM   #244
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

Jenn- congrats to DD!

No playdate for us. Dd15 brought home a cold. So I'll be sick soon and taking care of other sick people. Sigh...

Everyone have a great day.
Busy busy. Off to snoop and then go run unavoidable errands.

Old 03-27-2018, 06:47 PM   #245
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Fabulous news! The little guy gets to go home tomorrow evening as soon as his last IV med finishes !

We have a very busy rest of the week. We have company from FL until later on Friday. Tomorrow, Thur and Fri we will be having extra family over for a few meals so everyone can visit with our guests. I feel bad I have to work as does dh but my spring break was last week. Saturday night we are going to a concert with friends. Breakfast at 8 with the egg hunt to follow on Easter morning. Dh and I have to hide all the eggs before we go.

So what are you ladies doing for Easter?

JESS, sorry to hear things are so hectic for both you and dh! Glad they got their clothes done. Thats too bad about the movies. We get them from our local library and rarely a dud. If you wreck them you have to buy them. Hope you enjoyed that walk! Im sorry to hear DD got a cold

JENN, oh yes I love time with the family but just hate that food. The egg hunt is a blast!
Huge congratulations to DD!!! That is awesome! Hope you catch a breather! It seems we are all getting so busy!

eggs and sausage

taco salad

greek yogurt and a few grapes

bunless burger and a few fries
Old 03-28-2018, 06:51 AM   #246
handbells
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's wonderful news, Mick6! He'll be home in time for Easter!

Let's see...Easter plans...well, it's at IL's this year and I know MIL is making ham, potato salad, Lima beans, kielbasa, and maybe stuffed shells. My MIL is an odd bird I am bringing deviled eggs, roasted potatoes, Oreo stuff, probably another vegetable, and possible a cheesecake (V). My mom is bringing a Jello thing and an angel food cake. Out of all the food, I will be able to eat the potatoes, Lima beans, and whatever vegetable I bring. If I bring the cheesecake, I can have that, too. I'm trying to decide if I want to make something else for myself and bring it. We'll see if I have time.

Thank you! We're super proud of her! We'll be going up on Monday to tour the campus.

I'm off to clean this messy house!

Have a wonderful day!

Old 03-28-2018, 08:34 AM   #247
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

Mick- yay!!!

Easter..at ILs. Turkey I guess. Kids will have an egg hunt.
If we even go. DD15 is into day 2 of the sickness. The littles are starting to get a runny nose. We'll just have to see how they are this weekend.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:11 AM   #248
handbells
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope all the kids get over the cold quickly, Jess!

Mr Scale is not being nice to me and I don't know why. *grump*

Didn't get a lot done yesterday, so I've got a lot to do today. lol.

Have a great day!

Old 03-29-2018, 08:03 PM   #249
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/144.5/125 89" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF

Sorry I have been scarce. I will spare y'all the gory, TMI details, but my digestive system has been giving me fits, and I haven't eaten in a couple of days. I feel so bad I have not even gotten on the scale to see if I have been rewarded for my troubles, but as bloated as I am, I think not. Only I can not eat and still bloat. Sigh! And no electricity for 8 hours today. Always fun. It was a thunderstorm that caused it, but the storm was over before the transformer blew. And we got through Harvey with barely a light flicker! Go figure.

Mick - Best of news!!! I know you all must be so happy & relieved!

Jenn - Congrats to your DD!

My family's traditional Easter dinner is meatballs & spaghetti, so stuffed shells isn't so far off. And we are not a bit Italian, so I have no idea how it got started It's nice that your mom joins your in-laws

Sorry your scale is being mean

Jess - Hope the kiddos are feeling better.
Dimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 08:08 AM   #250
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

Apologies for repeats from my Journal.

So thinner by Easter technically didn't happen.

DH took 3 doses of the herbal thing I got him for his hyperthyroid, declared it didn't work and is done with it...sigh.
Waste of 10 bucks. I should have known better. He has been staying away from caffeine and hasn't been complaining of it getting any worse.

DD15 is recovering from the cold thing. Dd9 kept me up some last night over it. DH was restless and woke me twice. So I'm tired and moody. But that's ok.

I think I'm going crazy. No change in the scale again. I feel like I'm looking smaller in places. But in areas I don't measure. You can't measure every square cm of the body, so I measure the usuals. Well I look smaller between the nip of the waist and the belly button. I look smaller in the tops of my thighs closer to my hips, not in the mid-thigh where I usually measure. My forearms are looking scrawny. But all the places I measure are not back down to where they were. I haven't tried on my jeans yet to see how that fits. I'm just so discouraged.

So today is the 1st day of maintenance break. So I'll do that for about a week or 2. Then I guess I'll start alternate day fasting again. 500cal ish 3 days a week, and maintenance calories for 3, then more cals for Sat, since that's when things are usually more likely for us to deviate. I hate IF so much. It sucks so much. But that's how I was able to finally get to my goal weight 2 years ago when I had been stalled for 6mo on the last 10lb. UGHHHHHH! DON'T WANNNA!

Anyway...
Easter is up in the air. It'll depend on if I wake up sick tomorrow, or how sick DH is tomorrow. DD9 is still feverish. They were so looking forward to their egg hunt at the ILs. I was looking forward to a glorious service at Church.
I guess if I am well, I'll take the well-ones to Church.

My throat is scratchy though. Hard to say if that's from allergies, Sjogren's dry mouth, or the disease.

Waiting for DH to bring dd15 home from soccer practice and a grocery run.
Snooping around checking up on everyone.

Wish you all a fantastic weekend, whatever you get into.

Old 03-31-2018, 01:40 PM   #251
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Still not feeling great, but am feeling better. Canceled our brunch reservations for tomorrow. Got on the scale and am up 1.5lbs. Only me I don't think I mentioned that DH had been in FL all week for re-certification for something or other, and brought me back a t-shirt. It is a size L (uni sex) & at least 2 sizes too big. It prompted me to try on some girlie cut tees I have in size M and they fit. Snugly, and I look like a waitress at Hooters, but at least I had a couple of NSVs today.

Jess - Enjoy your maintenance break.

500 calories sounds rough. I don't even know what I would eat! I'd probably just have to fast those days. For some reason, my mind works better knowing I won't eat at all than it does knowing I have to limit how much I eat. Clearly my mind is very screwed up when it comes to food

Mick - I'll bet you're enjoying that bébé

In case I don't 'talk' to you before -

Jenn - Hope you got all your stuff done.

Here are some Hazel Bo Bazel pics. With her goofy parran (my older brother), and fun with bubbles. She wasn't sure what to think at first, but ended up liking them! And can't leave out beautiful big sister! (that is my younger brother - dad to Hazel & Evelyn - in red shirt. He was always the beanpole when we were growing up, but gained a bunch of weight when he hit his 30s & lost about 60 lbs doing low-carb a couple of years ago).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HazelTim.jpg (34.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg HazelBubbles1.jpg (44.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg HazelBubbles2.jpg (44.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg HazelBubbles3.jpg (49.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg HazelBubbles4.jpg (51.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg HazelBubbles5.jpg (49.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg BubblesEvs.jpg (35.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 04-01-2018, 09:53 AM   #252
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICK!!!!! Hope you have a wonderful day

Results for this challenge: Lost 10 lbs and 9.5". Looking back at my spreadsheets, it seems like I ate off plan as often as I ate on plan, so I really have to work on that. I also have to kick my exercise up a notch, which I keep saying I am going to do. My dad completed a 10k Saturday, and he is 27 years older than I am, and I could maybe make it half way. Maybe.

What will be our next challenge? Thinner by the 4th of July?

I woke up feeling 100% better. Last night I was starving & craving something sweet really badly, so I said screw it and ate some chocolate. After (TMI) running to the bathroom a few times, I felt so much better. It's like 180 degrees difference from Tuesday - Thursday, when I felt my absolute worst. Chocolate - the miracle drug

Happy Easter from the cutest bunnies ever!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Easter.jpg (72.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 04-01-2018, 11:05 AM   #253
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Happy Easter ladies! Our house full of guests all week are now gone. We had a fabulous time and so enjoyed it. I did not step on the scale this morning. We got in very late last night. Had to hide 80 eggs and be to breakfast @8. Then back here for the egg hunt. It was a blas! We got snow so it all had to be in our house! t I'll be having a piece of the GF b day cake dh got me then back to task tomorrow!!

Jess I do hope everyone was feeling better and it didn't spread to the whole family! I don't like IF either. A friend (male) has had great success doing it every other day. Don't get discouraged. Your doing great.

Dimply, thank you!!! What aforable pics!!!! Love them!! Hey Hooters waitresses are hot. I bet those shirts look fantastic! You made good progress!!!I'm so glad you are feeling better! That sounds like a great new challenge!

Jenn, That is a different combo but sounds good! Hope you all had a good time!
Old 04-01-2018, 11:10 AM   #254
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

I've got to go back to the beginning and see my start weight for this challenge yet.

Here is the link to the new thread! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...7#post17726647