Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 04-13-2018, 09:09 AM   #181
saltnpepper
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: saltnpepper
WOE: watching carbs
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
G2 great news. And your really moving with the LC lifestyle. Smaller sizes always make us feel better, even in shorts.

And your right about the cabinets... lighter is better. Now if I could just finish the job...

Crazy, sorry about the actions of your dad. I swear the seniors in our life have been more of a handful than when our kids were teenagers.

Jeanne glad your getting your mom's stuff taken care of. Happy trails on that tractor.

Later I'm going to a baseball game with my adult kids, hoping to go to a festival on Sunday. Hopefully. There will be food everywhere we go. LOL

Everyone has a nice weekend.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2018, 10:22 AM   #182
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/187.5/148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
going2--I am thrilled to know what your scan showed-or didn't show--wonderful news!!!! thanks for sharing--also the response of those on the playground is so very comforting--I never went there before but this really makes me appreciate this site!!!

anna--enjoy you time out with family--memories are what it is all about!!!

my son returned home yesterday after traveling for 15 days!! so glad to see him home safe and in time for his birthday today!!! it is hard for me to realize I have a 50 year old son!!! told him we need to stop having birthdays!!!

the DH and I are headed to menards after he gets home tonite--the 11 percent sale is on and it is supposed to rain Saturday and sunday!! so a quick trip down there and back tonite!

have a great weekend everyone!

Jeanne

“It’s in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” ~Anthony Robbins

Each decision that you make indicates what you think you are worth~
~~A Course in Miracles~~
jbatchelor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:02 PM   #183
michelle204
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/242/226.6/205
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Sorry I haven't written. I've come to read the posts and then forget to write. I have been doing ok. I gained a 1/2 lb last week. I really don't know why but I am not letting it bother me. I'll just try a little harder this week. I can't really say I am all that low in carbs though. I have increased my intake of high fiber foods like oatmeal and beans and legumes. I was tired of being so constipated plus I am easing out of red meat trying to tend to my cholesterol levels. I must say I am enjoying chickpeas and edamame beans a lot.

Today was my dog Ben's 12th birthday. We celebrated with a walk at the dog park and homemade hamburgers for dinner. He is now sound asleep beside me. It was a good day.

G2 glad the CT scan results were good and we are praying the PET scan results are the same.

Better how are you doing after the fall?

Crazy I remember the first time I noticed my collar bones. What a great feeling it was, Enjoy.

Jeanne how was the shopping trip?

Anna hope all is well.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:09 AM   #184
Going2
Wonder Woman!

Gallery: Going2
Stats: 223/182(166)/150 5'8"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2003
Good morning!

Hanging around 195 for 4 days now, after dropping to 194.8, even with eating at induction level and averaging 1,090 cals/day, sigh. Whoosh fairy must be laffing at me! Tried on a couple of too tight tops and bottoms and they just fit, so that's good sign. Hope a couple of XL scrub tops I ordered for recovery fit, think they run loose to begin with.

Almost as good as collar bones coming out, Crazy1--woohoo for you!--what a great feeling! Yah, that high sodium (a.k.a. yummy) food will getcha, but you'll clear it out along with water retention in no time.

Michelle - Hiya! Glad to hear you're hanging in there. High fiber foods can be lower carb when you deduct the fiber grams, so you are on track with those healthy choices. Aw, your Ben sounds like a cutie, what a nice bday treat to have a doggie burger! How is your meno doing with the new med.?

Am on the one week countdown to surgery and am feeling a bit calmer about it, just want to get it done with. Still feel like I want the house as clean and tidy as we can get it before then but not sweating it either, have other priorities now, IYKWIM.
Going2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:06 AM   #185
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

good morning ladies

Michelle--hang in there--those small up and down trends are just fluctuations and will be gone soon!! you are such a good momma to your furbabies!

Better-that fall sounds horrendous!! hope you are recovering? I notice that my balance is not what it used to be and that I am a real klutz more often in just regular day to day movement!! can't tell you how many times I almost fall--be extra careful better!!!

going2--you are doing so well with sticking to it through all the stress--now your body needs time to readjust to the losses!!! hang on--woohoo on the fitting into tight clothes--always better than the scale!!! I will be glad when this surgery is over for you too--have they told you about how long your stay will be? do you know the time of your surgery?

I am thinking about mowing today after the heavy frost dries...it is still in the 30s but would be warmer tomorrow--I will probably plan on mowing both days--also need to pick up tree limbs and sticks-especially on those areas I didn't mow before--I was planning on DH mowing those hilly areas but that didn't happen as he worked over all week last week--I will try to get it all done this week...the joy of summer!!

Anna- how is Wilson doing with his training? we need an update and new picture when you can!!

Jeanne

“It’s in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” ~Anthony Robbins

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 04-17-2018, 09:12 AM   #186
saltnpepper
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone, just a quick note. I feel like I need to check on this site/thread every day now to make sure it's still here. LOL

Funny how I've taken it and all of you for granted, cause you'll always be here. I know things change.... but I don't like change.

Anyway, glad to see you all. I had a nice weekend, and ate at home before I went anywhere. So I did derail a lot of yummy junk. I did fall to some challah (bread) and sample 2 pastries, so all in all I'm happy with it. Could have been much worse. The weather was perfect for both events.

Michelle I too don't do much red meat, and I love the beans.

Better glad your not hurt! That is scary.

G2 congrats on moving the scale on down. Pls keep us posted with surgery updates. One week..... then the road to recovery. Glad your dh is retired and can be with you. Are you keeping a journal? I did for yrs when my kids were young.

Jeanne how are you?

GTG, my day to pick up the GD.

A and W
Old 04-17-2018, 08:16 PM   #187
michelle204
Senior LCF Member

My little 12 year old Ben in his birthday attire
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 30708396_1668869729861362_6010979942488080384_n.jpg (24.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 04-17-2018, 08:17 PM   #188
michelle204
Senior LCF Member

I love this little guy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 30715042_1668869773194691_2148385221764972544_n.jpg (43.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 04-18-2018, 04:34 AM   #189
Going2
Wonder Woman!

Jeanne - Oooh, I hate that part of mowing: picking up sticks and stuff that may damage the blades--my poor back--be careful! Yah, even Dr. Atkins said to not focus on the scale but on how your clothes fit and you feel. Surgery time is a mystery until Monday because they are working me in (!), expected stay is 2 nights. I'm still posting info. on the playground if you're curious about details. Thanks for your support!

Saltnpepper - Glad you are checking in, always good to see a familiar face! Good job eating before heading out to minimize "hangry" effects. Am not keeping a formal journal but am copying-n-pasting my surgery posts into a document more like a log. Want to get some "before" pix and told DH to take lots of during/after ones (poor guy!). Hope you enjoyed your precious GD, you've said how much you love your time together.

Michelle - Your Ben is a doll! He still looks puppyish for an old man, so cute--love the outfit!

Scale finally moved a 1/2 lb. down this morning. My last record of my weight this low was in 2010, but I have a weight log gap between 2013-15 when I had returned to work in an active role, think I was in the upper 180s, sort of remember promising myself to never get above 190 again (oopsie). I noticed my house shoes felt a bit loose this morning, another sign of loss. At this slow rate, don't think I'll make my goal of hitting 189 by Tuesday, but my focus is more on being healthy for the surgeries; have started doing a kale salad at dinner to build up my vitamin K (helps blood clot).

Yesterday I bought a soft, front-close bra and some PJ bottoms to wear after surgery. Saw that drawstring medical scrubs bottoms were only $6 vs. buying cute PJ pants and grabbed a pair in size XL 16-18. Well they were huge on me, but probably not vanity sizing; think scrubs probably run big to begin with. Bra was also too big, band felt OK but knit cups weren't quite filled by my middle-age girls, heh heh. Want soft straps that won't be close to my neck incision, like racerback jog bras are. Doing the exchange will be a good excuse to go out for some air, much needed these days.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:16 AM   #190
saltnpepper
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle - Ben is so cute! What kind of dog is he? Do you still have the Yorkie girl? I love it that you celebrate his birthday. We always did for Pepper. He usually got a real H**** N******* hot dog. His favorite. He would have been 13 a couple of weeks ago..... Miss him so. I wish he could help me with Wilson, but I know Pep would not have any patience with all his shenanigans.

I pulled him out of training. Long story stort: Wilson loves all people, all dogs, cats and kids. Loves all the people at the pet store etc. Our class was suppose to be all toy/small breed dogs. We had one doberman puppy. He was 3x bigger than W. That is the only dog I've seen W afraid of. The instructor told me to "kick" Wilson out from under my chair and let the two of them go at it so Wilson would get over it?????

Went to her supervisor the next day. I got a refund. Had a confrontation with her..... she tried to denied it. But then said she was under stress.

Well aren't we all under stress? No excuses for being mean.

Didn't mean to go on and on, but he is my baby!!

Michelle have you ever tried M***Lax? (don't know if I can use brand names) My GI dr told me about it. I have IBS, and it has been helpful. You can probable thank menopause for some of this problem.

Hi Jeanne and Better.

G2 smart thinking about getting pj's and undies together before surgery. How long will you be in the hospital? Does your husband cook? Mine is a better cook than me. (But what a mess he makes.) How are we going to know your doing well? Get your dh to create a login for the new place. LOL

I'm up a couple of lbs today. It is a constance struggle.
Old 04-19-2018, 02:28 AM   #191
Going2
Wonder Woman!

Saltnpepper - That is crazy about the dog trainer, poor Wilson! You are a good momma protecting him! That's funny how whatever brand or name you referred to the hot dogs as got bleeped out, hahaha! Sorry about your weight yoyo-ing, can be so discouraging.

Michelle - The Miralax that Salt refers to is good stuff. DH was tending toward chronic constipation from his sluggish diabetic gut and we just made it part of his morning coffee for awhile; I have some stocked for while I'm on pain meds after surgery. A food that works well for me to "get things moving" is a couple of big ribs of celery--low cal and low carb too! My goodness, you sure have a handful of things making you feel miserable there {{hugs}}.

5 days to go and I feel mostly prepared. It's so crazy, but I've slept better the past 2-3 nights than in a few YEARS, go figure! I do take 5 mg melatonin routinely before bed, but it only helps get me down, not keep me down, don't think that's it. Maybe it's feeling at peace with what will be, will be, relaxing me at this point. Glad to have some good sleep getting banked up.

Still eating around 900-1,200 cals. a day and 20 grams or fewer net carbs for induction. Can't believe how disciplined I am, guess the WOE is finally become a habit although we haven't been doing our regular meetups with friends, so bad-eating/drinking triggers are few right now and probably will be another month. What bothers me is this stall/slow loss--for real, is this how little I'll have to eat to maintain!? Ack! BTW, no carb cravings at this point, although I'm thinking of a pre-op reward meal (a.k.a. cheat meal), hahaha. They'll have me on an IV with glucose in it and carby tube feeding, may as well join 'em, heh heh.

The weather looks OK for the trip up and back, some rain forecast while I'm in. It's about a 1.5 hrs. drive, but unpredictable city-to-city traffic.

Going to visit my BFF this morning and stock up on her hugs and prayers. We have a string of mild days ahead, great for breathing spring air (no allergies!) to keep my spirits and energy buoyed.

Hope you all are feeling some spring in your steps about now too!
Old 04-19-2018, 05:39 AM   #192
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

good morning friends

Michelle--love love love Ben's picture with his birthday duds on....what would we do without our pets--Dolly has been my salvation after mom passed...I simply could not have done it without her!

Anna--what a terrible thing to happen to Wilson--thank goodness you were there and saved him!!!

going2-I am so glad you are getting some rest now--the hospital is certainly not the place as all the noise and vital sign checks will keep you up for sure!!! I hear you on not losing while eating low carb and calorie--I just read an article about a woman who lost 60 pounds in her first year but only ten pounds the entire 2nd year--But she went down 3 sizes during that second year--so even though I continue to tell myself that the scale isn't a good indication of weight it is hard not to step on there.!! hang in there -those inches are adding up!!!

crazy and better--how are you girls doing?

It is still crazy cold here and windy--I was planning on picking up tree limbs but the wind is too bad to safely be under these old trees!!! I am headed out shortly to do errands and grocery shopping--I find I don't leave home anymore than I am forced to do!!! I have always had a history of depression and am on meds but I think after most of the stuff regarding Mom's estate is about over that some depression is hitting me! I am going to have to force myself for awhile to get out there...the DH has talked about camping so he could hunt mushrooms but it is just too cold---I have been cold for months now--my thyroid medication is simply not doing the job!!! time to quit complaining! have a great day ladies--anybody got plans for the weekend???

Jeanne

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 04-19-2018, 12:40 PM   #193
Going2
Wonder Woman!

(QUICKIE)

Hi,everyone, just got some good health news, check it out here (post 113).
Old 04-19-2018, 01:19 PM   #194
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

woohoo going2-that's a relief!!!!! so very happy for this news!!! sounds like you are prepared!!! prayers continued!!

Jeanne

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 04-19-2018, 04:35 PM   #195
michelle204
Senior LCF Member

That is great news G2
Old 04-19-2018, 04:58 PM   #196
saltnpepper
Major LCF Poster!

Ahhhh what a relief G2.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:47 AM   #197
Going2
Wonder Woman!

Thanks, ladies! Truly all your good wishes and prayers help so much with the fear, the worst part of this so far. Fear releases stress hormones with effects like steroids, and we know what havoc they cause!

I know you all have plenty of stresses in your lives too and I'm sending good juju and strength backatcha for dealing with them--you all rock the virtual friends part! {{Hugs}}

Going to lay low this weekend and finish organizing and tidying around here, and grab quiet time for reflection and calming, lots of hugs and kisses with DH. We'll treat ourselves out for a nice meal Sunday as I just want to do shakes/liquids Monday to prepare for Tues. <TMI warning> I wasn't told to do that but feel like if my gut is fairly empty it'll help with the "motility issue" caused by the pain pills for the first few days, won't feel like I have stuff sitting in there. I know, I know, of all the post-op concerns to have! HAHAHA

Whatcha all up to this weekend? DC weather is supposed to be in the 60s and sunny/bit cloudy, will be nice for taking a walk and getting in some fresh, energizing and cleansing air.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:34 AM   #198
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Crazy1
Stats: 198/174/140
WOE: Lower Carb/ IF

Just a quick check in. Busy as a beaver here.

Going2! Wonderful news. You seem to be prepared and so.....IDK, solid??? Praying for you, your DH and your medical team. :aprayer

Best whooshes to you all.
Crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:35 AM   #199
Going2
Wonder Woman!

Good morning!

Crazy1 - Good to be busy, keeps your mind off stuff you don't need to think about. Then again, your emoticon makes me thing you are more crazy-busy? Hope everything's going OK.

Wanted to try a clear, whey protein drink, something easy on my tummy later. It is called Protein2O and I just taste-tested the tropical coconut flavor as breakfast and it's surprisingly good. A bit sweet (everything is to me) but OK after a few sips. Will be great for getting hydration and protein (15 grams/bottle) for healing. With my surgery I won't be able to use a straw/suck so everything will have to be kinda poured in and carefully swallowed; bought an adult sip cup to use.

On the bright side of this, was trying on some clothes yesterday and am fitting into some XL stuff now. The size 2X pajama pants I bought over the winter and wanted to wear home from the hospital are too big, can't pull the drawstring tight enough, a nice problem to have, will use some ugly sweatpants instead.

Here's to the weekend, hope everyone has some fun/relaxing stuff in there somewhere.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:04 AM   #200
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

going2--lovely fitting into smaller clothes and having stuff too big is a great problem to have!!! WTG!!! you are controlling the cortisol!!! I didn't even know they made an adult sippy cup---you are truly thinking about everything!! I would never be prepared and am so impressed with your ability to think about these things!

crazy--hope things are ok in your world?

Michelle, Anna and better--what is happening with you guys?

I had the Chinese buffet this week--and since the scale hasn't moved in almost 2 months I decided to eat whatever I wanted--well the scale moved!!! and my blood sugar so that brings me back to reality!!! I should have just stuck it out but the flesh is weak!!!

I think we have warmer days ahead but I simply cannot get warm--I know that my thyroid pill is just not cutting it but he won't change the dose so I am stuck... I haven't been downstairs to paint for a month so I am planning on doing that and the DH is going to till the garden area for us and son this weekend... so planting will happen if the garden warms up soon..I think we had it planted this time last year--the temps at night are still in the 30s so it will have to wait. anybody have good luck with planting flowers in containers? I have had geraniums for 40 years in my concrete pots on the steps to the front porch but not doing it this year--too much memories for me --and I am not a good plant person but I have 4 pots on the steps I need to plant?

Jeanne

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 04-22-2018, 04:00 AM   #201
Going2
Wonder Woman!

Jeanne - Aw, I feel for you and the geranium-memories making you feel your loss. {{Hugs}} Why won't your doc change your thyroid dosage? The current trend is once you're diagnosed they are supposed to go more by what your symptoms are rather than your labs. Surely frustrating for you. It's OK to "eat badly," gotta live you know. And it looks like you may be one of those for whom an occasional cheat meal shakes your metabolism up in the right direction--yay!

We ordered Chinese last night and I only got the wonton soup, removed the wrappers around the filling and added some broken up grilled hamburger to make my own version, hahaha. Had around 1,100 cals. for the day, 995 Friday, and the scale still laffed at me this morning, maybe it's the soup sodium, sure to have been high. I did have some popcorn while watching a movie with DH but I counted out only 20 pcs. (yes, that's where I am right now) and calculated it into my tracker, still made under 20 net carbs for the day.

My fasting glucose has been under 100 the past 3 times I tested it, confirming that weight and diet were playing a role in my pre-diabetes levels before. It's amazing how little I eat now and feel full. Just finished an Atkins shake and am satisfied, although I usually need a snack around 9:30-10.

Wanted to go out for a nice pre-op "last supper" lunch or dinner today, but I'm not feeling it now, just want whatever to be done with so I can recuperate, maybe that's a good sign. Am on schedule for having stuff ready and that gives me a nice sense of control and calm. Even found a couple of frozen homemade soup portions in the freezer--creamy Greek avgolemono and broccoli-cheese--when I organized it yesterday!

Has been a wild way to get serious about my weight and health--don't recommend it--but consider it a blessing, especially getting that detailed PET scan that showed my other aches-and-pains aren't aren't anything serious right now, crazy, I know.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:19 AM   #202
Going2
Wonder Woman!

Surprise, I've gained a half pound this morning--ack! Not sure why as I've only gone above 1,300 cals one day last week day, and averaged 1,024 and 13 net carbs the past week. Had a huge lunch yesterday but estimated the day was 1,243 cals, 25 carbs or so. Thought I'd have lost more after knuckling down on my eating 6 weeks ago and being in solid ketosis for a month. I just looked on my food-tracking log and wow, I weighed 210 on March 12 and am 194 this morning, that's 16 lbs. lost, around 2.5 lbs. a week, a decent WL rate, have to remind myself I'm metabolically resistant to begin with. I know, slow and steady so that changes stick.

We went out to eat after all, an Italian brunch buffet as my "last supper" yesterday. Felt everything I ate was LC: marinated seafood salad, marinated artichokes, seafood in wine sauce, some caprese salad without tomatoes (carby and not supposed to eat pre-op), some cured salmon--was so delicious! I ate 2 huge plates of food, surprising because I'm used to eating so little now, was sure I wouldn't finish the first plate, but ya know how it goes at buffets, hahaha. Dinner was light: broth with kale and a small amount of burger, and half a LC yogurt.

Oh well, weight's not a big focus right now with surgery tomorrow guaranteed to keep my calories/carbs low for a bit. Am having a "liquid" day today to prepare my tummy for recovery and taking pain meds. (constipation). Doing protein shakes as meals, maybe a cream soup.

May drop one more post here before heading out tomorrow and plan to update The Playground as soon as I can after surgery, if you are following my story there.

Take care of yourselves, do what you can for your health--just a little something every day can make a difference--and don't sweat the stuff that isn't important at the end of the day.

Thanks for all your support!
Old 04-23-2018, 04:59 AM   #203
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

G2-thanks for the update and where to find news of your surgery tomorrow...will be thinking of you all day and I am sure you will do well...good healing and recovery thoughts are headed your way!!

Well when I said the scale moved after the Chinese buffet it was NOT down...will take awhile to remove these pounds in addition to what I was already struggling with... but I have to pay the piper!!

need to go for lab work shortly--I forgot and added creamer to my coffee--but the blood sugar has been up too much lately anyway!

it is raining here today and looks like several days coming up--I didn't make it to the basement to paint yesterday and I probably will not paint today since the weather isn't good-poor excuse right!

how is everyone else doing?

Jeanne

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 04-23-2018, 07:14 AM   #204
saltnpepper
Major LCF Poster!

Hey G2 just wanted to make sure I dropped by today to tell you I'm thinking of you. I too will be watching the pg thread tomorrow. You have a lot of people in your corner over there, very nice to see btw.

I bet the sodium thing has got G2 and Jeanne, salt is not my friend. It really bites when you go out to eat, your good, them bam.

I have not cleaned out another cabinet since I last posted about it a couple weeks ago?? I don't even have a good excuse,

Hi to Michelle and Better

Jeanne let us know if they up your thyroid meds.

Hugs G2 will be thinking of you. I'm so glad your prepared for recovery. Plus your attitude is wonderful, that is the best medicine. Your most impressive.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:13 AM   #205
michelle204
Senior LCF Member

G2 hugs and prayers from up north We will be thinking of you and can't wait to hear how well things went after the surgery. Love from your cyber friends.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:54 AM   #206
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Crazy1
Stats: 198/174/140
WOE: Lower Carb/ IF
Hello Friends,

Going2: WTG on the weight loss. Such dedication to your plan. I love Wonton soup but I don't think I could take the wrappers off like you. Good job. Sounds like you are ready for your surgery. Praying for a good outcome and a speedy recovery.

Jeanne: Oh, yes, those Chinese buffets pushes up the every time. Sure hope you doc does something with your meds. Hope your lab reports are good.

Anna: Yup, too much salt is not a good thing but it is one of the things that I crave. I made Himalayan Salt Sole a few months ago and have been taking a tsp. every morning and have found that my cravings are much less. My skin is softer, too. Don't stress about the cabinets....spring cleaning takes place in spring....and it's still spring. I'm sure you will get back to it sooner or later.

Michelle: How have you been doing? Is it spring yet? Lots of snow melt happening on the prairies which means flooding and mud. How's it been where you are?

As for me, just been crazy busy. Had a church dinner last week so Thursday and Friday were totally taken up with that. This week is the church garage sale so I have been sorting thru stuff here at home. Also, doing a trip to DD's to streamline her place so BF can move in. We need to take the truck so we can haul stuff back and either find room to store it or take it to the garage sale. Oh, and we have concert tickets that were DH's Christmas present so we get an outing, too! Also doing my bookwork in the office ( not my favourite thing to do) but it must get done so.......

Weight hasn't really changed since I came back from vacation. Been bouncing the same pound up and down. But I feel slimmer so all is good. Had to buy new jeans....a size smaller and though my dress slacks are getting baggy, the next size down is not something I would wear in public. I prefer baggy to "muffin top". But I will need to go shopping soon.

Wishing you all a wonderful week.
Crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 05:17 AM   #207
saltnpepper
Major LCF Poster!

Hope everyone is doing well. Not much new for me. Picking up the grand most days... Wilson had a groom on Friday, and by Monday he had a infected matt under his chin neck area. I guess I need to go for a shorter hair cut. So he has a cone on, and I'm trying to keep meds on it. I've never had a toy breed dog, so this is all new to me.

Trying to eat good. Got beautiful strawberries and lettuce at the farmers market over the weekend.

G2 posted on the PG.

Later
Old 04-26-2018, 05:22 AM   #208
Going2
Wonder Woman!

Jeanne - Kinda funny about my perspective on your Chinese food, but I still think a carby meal can get shake things up. Hope your labs were OK.

Saltnpepper - Poor Wilson! Hope he heals soon, it is hard to see our furbabies hurting. OOh, fresh farmers market produce--love! Yah, think that weight blip was salty stuff but geesh.

Crazy1 - Wow, you sure are busy! WTG on getting into a size down--woohoo! What a great reason to go shopping!

Michelle and everyone, thank you so much for your support--I carried it all with me into surgery and, if you are following on The Playground, you can see it made a difference!

I kinda expected it, but my weight's up considering I've hardly eaten for 3 days! I know it's surgery-related factors: swelling, fluid retention, etc., but curiosity got me. Am definitely trying to get some protein shake and drinks in me right now to help with healing.

Next week's weather is supposed to be nice here, hope to get some walking going. What are your spring plans or activities?
Old 04-27-2018, 04:48 AM   #209
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

G2-so glad your recovery is going well-I have been checking the playground also--hopefully you will get your drainage tube out today and have a great restful, healing weekend!!! you rock girl!!!

Anna--sorry about Wilson's mat--never had to deal with one of those? I do have a hard time keeping Dolly brushed since she wears a sweater until the warmer weather arrives! I never had a toy breed either?

Well the GP doctor visit went well--I asked him if he would take over for the endo and deal with my thyroid medication--he agrees with me that I need more medication to keep my TSH suppressed but he isn't willing to interfere with the endo so I am still stuck-today I am getting a mammogram and bone density--wish I would have been able to get those yesterday but insurance makes it necessary to have one a year!!! and not sooner.

hope everyone has a wonderful weekend--we will be headed to Indy tomorrow to see a baseball game with the grandson playing--looking forward to that--this is his first time playing baseball so it should be fun!!!

we have freeze warnings out for Saturday and Sunday nights--will it ever just warm up and stay that way?

hello to everyone else-time to get busy

Jeanne

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 04-27-2018, 05:12 PM   #210
Going2
Wonder Woman!

Jeanne - Well that must be disappointing about your thyroid med., is it politics or does a specialist absolutely have to be following you? Prayers your mammo is clear and bone density results OK. Enjoy the game with your GS, how fun to watch him play! OMG on your weather, right? I have stuff waiting to be planted after the last freeze, but who knows when that will be this year--cray-cray weather!

Drainage tube is still in, darn it--lots of deets in my Playground post tonight.

Still not eating much here but my energy is OK. It's so crazy to see my body doing fine on under 500 calories a day (4 days now)! I don't have hunger but not sure if it's my dieting state or the pain meds. right now. DH got Chinese carryout tonight and it smelled soooooo goooood, but I only had some wonton soup broth, tried to eat some smashed rice in it but couldn't, and ended up doing a bottle of Protein2O water (15 grams whey protein).

Am getting cabin fever and feel like I may do a quick and light grocery run in the morning. Want to get some "liquid eggs" to make some soft stuff like a flan/custard and fluffy scrambled eggs.

Will try to visit my BFF Sunday, debating about going to her place as I'm embarrassed to have her come here and see how run-down our home is albeit it's tidy; she hasn't been by in many years even though we are only 30 mins. apart! I know that sounds stoopid, because she won't care about the house, just about me. One of my quirks.