Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-09-2018, 10:04 AM   #211
GailyGail
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/150/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Dimply, have FUN in NOLA! How fun to celebrate adorable Hazel's first birthday. It sounds like you have a great weekend planned too.

Mick, hope you have an amazing time at the shower. The goody bags sound adorable.
Jess, you are doing GREAT with diet and exercise. Good for you.

Well, the weekend is here and the snow in Boston is finally starting to melt. I actually have kind of a date tonight -- my first in like a million years. He's a nice guy -- four years younger than me and very cute. I don't think I'm ready for anything though -- I still miss Tony too much. But it is good for me to get out of the house. We are meeting in an upscale Mexican restaurant downstairs from where I work. I already found a low carb thing I can eat (Caesar salad, skinny margarita made with fresh lime juice not sour mix) so I think I will be okay. Saturday, I am meeting my girlfriend in downtown Boston for shopping and dinner.

It has been an interesting process remaking my life in a post-Tony world. I can't say I would have chosen this for myself but I am trying to make the best of it nonetheless.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! xo
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2018, 10:40 AM   #212
handbells
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
WOE: it's complicated
Start Date: today!
Dimply- Happy Birthday to your DH! And a big Happy First Birthday to Hazel! I expect Hazel pictures Enjoy your time away with family and friends.

Jess- Sorry your kiddos are being snots! Hope they straighten out for you!

Mick6- enjoy the shower. How fun!

Gail- enjoy your weekend! Your plans sound very lovely!

I've been struggling a bit. Not with eating (well, sort of, but only because I'm lacking...the food is all OP), but with seeing results. I know you all know what I mean. Just getting discouraged.

Tomorrow DD17 has to be up early to do a school thing (again) and Sunday I have Sunday School both services. Busy week coming up with scouts and needlecraft guild. I'm ready for summer to get here and it's not even spring. I don't want the hot weather, just lazy days. lol! Three more months.

I'm off to deliver girl scout cookies.

Have a good day!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!" (journal)

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."

Last edited by handbells; 03-09-2018 at 10:41 AM..
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:30 PM   #213
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 238.8/185/140
WOE: carb nite/ allergy free
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Just a quicky. The shower is postponed. Mr Adorable decided to come a few weeks early! He is so amazing! I'll be back tomorrow to update and read. Time for bed. I only got two hours last night.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:54 AM   #214
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jessluvzbacon
Stats: 252/168/150
WOE: Mod carb 60-100g
Start Date: June 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post
Just a quicky. The shower is postponed. Mr Adorable decided to come a few weeks early! He is so amazing! I'll be back tomorrow to update and read. Time for bed. I only got two hours last night.
AWWWWWWWWW! Congrats!

Dimply:
Hope you are having the best time! Give Hazel a b-day squish for me.
Handbells: I know exactly how you are feeling. My scale does nothing but bounce around between 166 and 167. It's been 3 weeks tomorrow since I've been restricting harder and NOTHING.
Gail: Enjoy your weekend! You deserve it.

Wishing everyone a great weekend. I'm off to catch up.

Journal:http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=884031
jessluvzbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:15 AM   #215
handbells
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mick6!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's amazing!!!! Can't wait for an update!!! Congratulations!

Jess- Good thoughts for both of us! I'd really like to see, and stay in, onederland this month!

Tons to do today. I've been slacking!

Hope everyone is well! Have a wonderful day!

Old 03-12-2018, 11:05 AM   #216
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/144.5/125 89" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF

Had a great time in NOLA. I didn't eat a lot, but almost everything I ate was carbs

Mick - Congrats!! Did he come Thursday or Friday? He either shares a birthday with my dad or DH. Hope all is well! Can't wait to hear more!

Gail - How did the weekend go?

Jenn - Hope the scale cooperates soon!

GS cookies - ugh! We have 2 boxes here (DH has already eaten 3), and 2 more on the way. He orders from anyone who asks I told him to buy them & have them donate to the troops, but that just got me a big

Jess - Hope the scale cooperates for you too.

Hazel picture time!! yay!!
  1. Me introducing Hazel to my favorite food group, sugar
  2. I love cake!!!
  3. Fun in the bouncy house
  4. Either kissing her new dolly, or trying to fit its head into her mouth!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jen&HazelJPG.jpg (35.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Cake.jpg (42.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg bounce.jpg (20.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Doll.jpg (41.0 KB, 10 views)
Dimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:16 AM   #217
handbells
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hazel is too, too cute!!

The only GS cookie I can eat, I don't like. So I'm safe. lol!

Busy day today. Just popping in to say hi!

Have a great day!

Old 03-13-2018, 08:35 AM   #218
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post

Had a great time in NOLA. I didn't eat a lot, but almost everything I ate was carbs

Jess - Hope the scale cooperates for you too.

Hazel picture time!! yay!!
  1. Me introducing Hazel to my favorite food group, sugar
  2. I love cake!!!
  3. Fun in the bouncy house
  4. Either kissing her new dolly, or trying to fit its head into her mouth!
NOPE!
I got so mad about the scale on Sunday I binged. So I'll be doing some extra exercise this week to counteract that. So frustrated!

Hazel is just the cutest!
I am so glad you had a wonderful trip.

It's been cold and snowy here. More snow tonight. Thankfully it hasn't amounted to much inch-wise.
I'm just so done with everything right now. Sigh...

Don't mind me, Mrs. Crabby Pants. Have a fantastic day!

Old 03-15-2018, 07:57 AM   #219
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Hope everyone is doing well.

Found out that a former co-worker died. Don't know a lot of details, but she was young - only 37 - and from what I know, not sick. She wasn't in my department, but her desk was near my team's area, so we always included her in our birthday & holiday potlucks, and soon she was coordinating them, complete with a theme. Really sweet, sweet lady.

On a happier note, more pics of Hazel! Playing in the bouncy house before her birthday party Saturday. Love the pics of her & Evelyn; Hazel is crazy about her big sis, and the feeling is mutual
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bouncy1.jpg (23.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Bouncy3.jpg (30.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Bouncy2.jpg (38.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg BWBouncy.jpg (25.4 KB, 7 views)
Old 03-15-2018, 08:17 AM   #220
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post

Hope everyone is doing well.

Found out that a former co-worker died. Don't know a lot of details, but she was young - only 37 - and from what I know, not sick. She wasn't in my department, but her desk was near my team's area, so we always included her in our birthday & holiday potlucks, and soon she was coordinating them, complete with a theme. Really sweet, sweet lady.

On a happier note, more pics of Hazel! Playing in the bouncy house before her birthday party Saturday. Love the pics of her & Evelyn; Hazel is crazy about her big sis, and the feeling is mutual
That last one... So sweet!
Such darling girls!

Old 03-16-2018, 06:04 AM   #221
handbells
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awww....love the Hazel pics, Dimply! She is so cute! Those cheeks! Sorry to hear about your former co-worker.

Jess- hang in there! I know it isn't easy!

Gail- hope you had a great weekend last weekend and a good week!

Mick6- hope the baby and mama are doing well.

I'm trucking along. This was a busy week. There was something every night, Tuesday I had a meeting and workshop, the rest of the week was spent trying to get things done around the house and getting distracted. Today I need to go to the store, but really, I may put it off until tomorrow. lol! I am a procrastinator extraordinaire! Oh, and DS16 has a scout campout this weekend. Aviation. He's excited

Have a great day!

Old 03-17-2018, 04:21 PM   #222
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Quiet in here lately...where is everyone?

Allergy season is here. Between the yellow pollen everywhere & the azaleas in full bloom, Mucinex D & s/f Ricola throat drops are the biggest part of my daily diet. Miserable, but it will pass eventually.

Only 2 weeks until Easter. I think my goal was to be at 136 lbs which is the highest healthy weight for my height, but I doubt I will lose 9 lbs by then.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:08 AM   #223
handbells
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dimply- I was wondering the same! I am guessing Mick6 is busy with the baby and Jess is busy with her kids.

I have been super busy. Busy this week, too. In fact, I shouldn't even be on here (too much to do), but I'm eating my breakfast! lol!

I'm stalled, but not much I can do but keep on keeping on. It will move (hopefully down!) eventually. Right?

Can't believe it's almost Easter. I was really hoping to be in onederland this month, but the way things are going it might not happen. Just have to wait and see. I bought the candy for the kids "baskets" this past weekend. Now I just need a few little goodies and they will be done. I would have bought something for me, too, but they didn't have the right type of chocolate.

Hope your allergy suffering lessons soon, DImply!

I'm off!

Have a great day!

Old 03-19-2018, 07:31 AM   #224
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone. I apologize for being so scarce. Oh yes we were definitely enjoying that baby. He is very much a little sweetie. Amazing that you can love somebody so much with that first look. There is little scaryness going on right now. The baby is in the hospital sick on continuous antibiotic. They will be doing yet another spinal tap today. I am hoping for fabulous news soon. I have of course been telling the kids not to worry and I am really a bawling basket case behind a closed door.

I'll be back to finish this in a bit
Old 03-19-2018, 07:33 AM   #225
handbells
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mick6! Prayers for the new baby!

Old 03-19-2018, 10:40 AM   #226
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

Mick6- sorry to hear about the little darling.
Dimply- sorry about the allergies. Things are blooming here too, but we keep getting cold fronts. Getting another swoop of snow on Wed supposedly, so it will be another few weeks before we are all dying from allergies here.
Jenn-

Nothing much to say here. I'm just wiped out tired. Spent all day Sat shopping for an errand car (cheap on gas) and suitable to learn dd15 how to drive. DH has been feeling unwell which is stressful. Yesterday was church, then a meal at the ILs, then DH had to run the teens to youth group in the evening. Got a cal from dd15's coach for spring soccer and she practices Saturday. She's the only one playing in the spring as we had to go the next town over. Dd15 has aged out of our town's league. Gotta run into town tomorrow to return books due and get tags for the "new to us" car. 1-3in of snow Wed. Which if we are going to go off how right they usually are, it could be 3-6inches. Last week they called for an inch or less. We got 3 or 4.

It's Monday. Another week upon us. The little kids were completely uncooperative today. I'm freezing cold as usual. So I'm going to go get my daily exercise in. I'll be warm for a little bit after.

That's all the blah blah I can think of for right now.
Wishing you all a good week.

Old 03-20-2018, 07:32 AM   #227
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies! The little guy seems to be improving well. They are treating him for meningitis and also have him on antivirals. His temp has been stable and he even ate a little. Thank God!!! I am beyond grateful!!! I sure love that little guy!!! Poor mom and dad have been absolutely terrorized.

I decided to fully jump into Trim Healthy Mama. Ill weigh in on Easter again. I have to stick to something as I have made zero progress jumping on and off everything. It seems like a very forgiving sane plan. I have loved all the recipes I have made from them and Brianna Thomas site. The chocolate dreamy is the bomb!!! As is the Singing Canary. Unfortunately cooking low carb and really high fat raised my skinny dh cholestrol as he was eating both the carb and the high fat. Im just cooking with normal amounts of fat and not adding extra now.

We have company coming out of state to stay with us next week. I wish I had the same week off but alas I do not. I have this week off.

Yesterday Eats:

2 eggs and sausage / loaded coffee

Singing canary drink

beef and cauliflower

chicken in ranch

chocolate dreamy okra shake

Today plan is:

low carb mavens almond hot porridge and loaded coffee and a few asparagus spears I pickled

singing canary drink

chicken and spinach

Dinner Im thinking cheeseburger soup and if I want a snack later maybe a kefir smoothy or a shake.

Dimply, he came on Friday. He came 3.5 weeks early. Im so glad you had a good time in NOLA. The pics are just absolutely adorable!!! Look at you! Your are tiny!!! Sorry to hear about the allergies. Have you ever used an air cleaner. We use Honeywell 5. It make a huge difference for me. Even in the winter with all the pet dander. I hope it passes soon for you! You may not hit that goal but you are healthy and look absolutely fab!!!

Jess, Im sorry to hear you are wiped out and tired. I totally sympathize. I finally got more than a few hours sleep last night. Feels wiped out and tired just sucks. Sorry to hear dh is not feeling well. Hope the driving lessons with dd go well. Hope you dont get much snow!!!! Icky nasty stuff!!

Jenn, Thanks for the prayers. I appreciate it. You know even if you dont hit your goal by Easter all progress is excellent no mater if it is big or small! Hope your week calms down for you a bit.

Gail, You are such a positive dear person! So how did it go???It is good to have fun and get out of the house. Im sure it is all a very new kind of scary world. Big hugs!!
Old 03-20-2018, 05:12 PM   #228
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

The soonest the little guy could get out would be next Wed. He will get out and get better! I have been so stressed about this I am kind of a basketcase to be honest. Im grateful it is spring break. I had to get all the tax stuff ready for tomorrow and it literally took me forver. I think it is stress and lack of sleep as my brain has been slow!

Today food ended up differet than planned

low carb mavens almond hot porridge and loaded coffee and a few asparagus spears I pickled

singing canary drink

secret big boy x 2

Last edited by Mick6; 03-20-2018 at 05:15 PM..
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:54 AM   #229
handbells
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jess- Sorry you are so stressed! Breathe Hope your DH feels better soon and your kids cooperate!

Mick6- Good news on the little guy! Let us know how THM works for you!

Scale has been up and down. I just wish onederland would stick. Just to get out of the 200's would make me so happy! And then I can whine and complain about the 190's. lol!

Cold, grey, rainy today with the chance of wintery mix/snow later today. DS16 is supposed to have Order of the Arrow tonight, but if the weather gets nastier, we'll stay home.

Making breakfast for dinner for the family tonight: sausage gravy/biscuits, scrambled eggs, corned beef hash. Not sure what I'm going to have yet.

Have a great day!

Old 03-21-2018, 09:55 AM   #230
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Mick - I'm so glad you checked in! Sorry about all that you have been going through with the little cutie - praying that he continues to improve. Take care of yourself; we are here for you

Jenn - Sending <200 sticky vibes.
Keep warm & safe! A friend in Pittsburgh texted a picture of his car with a ton of snow on top - it is covering the windows And we are forecasted to hit 80 here!

Jess - Hope things are as calm as they can be for you!
Old 03-21-2018, 11:12 AM   #231
handbells
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Dimply! I really appreciate it! It hasn't done anything yet, but it certainly looks threatening.

Old 03-21-2018, 05:31 PM   #232
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone. Small positives today. Ill take it! Anything in the right direction is good. This is just awful. The more I learn the more terrorized I am to be honest.

I had meant to have an E meal ( small bit of carbs) and the normal low carb meals but I just dont feel like eating.

Jess I hope the snow held off and you got to your meeting. Have no fear onerland will stick soon!

Dimply, Thank you I apprecite it. Sure makes me smile to see Hazels sweet smile in your avatar pic.

Ok off to drink my tea. Ive made it twice now and forgot it.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:12 AM   #233
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

Mick6- Saying prayers that your lil' sweetheart is home soon. I would be a complete nutcase myself.

Jenn- fingers are still crossed that Onederland is going to stay.
Dimply- I am so glad it's warm for you.

Got my errands done Tuesday. It was hectic and nuts since people were crowding the stores over our "blizzard." *sigh* Silly people. I imagine it's the news and social media making such a big deal over EVERYTHING that is nothing. Nobody was ever starved to death over a possible 6 inches, or even a foot of snow, that would start melting off the next day!

Anyway, it snowed all day yesterday. Thankfully, in the early morning the front did a weird swirl over the mtns and kept it slightly warmer and the clouds broke up a lot so we didn't get much on the ground when it was falling the heaviest. So we only got about 2 inches. Hopefully it will all melt off today.

I've been on-plan, exercising and doing what I should. TOM pounced. I think one more week of trying and I will take a maintenance break. After that I guess it's cutting my food down more.

Just doing the thing.
Further verbal profusion and more details on my personal bad attitude and drama can be found in my journal.

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

Last edited by jessluvzbacon; 03-22-2018 at 07:13 AM..
Old 03-22-2018, 04:58 PM   #234
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Jess! Im glad you didnt get as much snow as expected. I find the stocking up for storms right before. I mean Im in the land of ice and snow and everyone just has a weeks worth for and ice/ snow storm or a tornado. Sorry to hear Tom pounced!!!

Jenn , Dimply and Gail I hope all is well!

Things are looking up a lot for the little guy. Now if I could just see it in person. Soon! Im praying with all I got there are no lasting effects neurologically.

I saw a recipe for white chicken low carb chili. I didnt have everything so I winged it. It was pretty good. I froze 4 portions worth for when no one wants to cook.

Ive got to go shop for Dh's B day tomorrow. Im so clueless on what to get.

We had several kids from our school get arrested today for a plan for a mass shooting when we go back Mon from break. My heavens they had the weapons and a detailed plan!! I am so glad the right person got included in the plan and went to an adult.So so thankful!!!!! Im never scared working in the school with 2000 plus milling about. Not even after the bomb threat as I really believe it was a cry for help and attention. It was also unfounded. I tell you what I cant say I am not nervous now. Man our world is crazy.

Eats:

loaded coffee

chicken with creamed spinach

white chicken chili

jerky and cucumber

enough OOLong tea with splashes of almond milk for an army.

I went from absolutely not eating for a few days to super hungry.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:46 PM   #235
handbells
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello all!

I don't think I mentioned, but tonight I went to see a stage production of The Wizard of Oz. It was really phenomenal and I had a wonderful time!

Mick6- still praying for the little man! That's terrible about the students!

Jess- sorry about tom! Hope things improve for you soon!

Hope you are well, Dimply!

I'm exhausted. Heading to bed! Scouts spaghetti dinner Saturday.

Old 03-23-2018, 06:50 AM   #236
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Jenn, that sounds wonderful!!! Im glad you had such a good time!!!! Hope you got a good nights sleep.

The little guy had some improved numbers this morning!!! I better get my butt going. I need to shop for dh b day!
Old 03-23-2018, 08:10 AM   #237
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks Jess! Im glad you didnt get as much snow as expected. I find the stocking up for storms right before. I mean Im in the land of ice and snow and everyone just has a weeks worth for and ice/ snow storm or a tornado. Sorry to hear Tom pounced!!!

Jenn , Dimply and Gail I hope all is well!

Things are looking up a lot for the little guy. Now if I could just see it in person. Soon! Im praying with all I got there are no lasting effects neurologically.

I saw a recipe for white chicken low carb chili. I didnt have everything so I winged it. It was pretty good. I froze 4 portions worth for when no one wants to cook.

Ive got to go shop for Dh's B day tomorrow. Im so clueless on what to get.

We had several kids from our school get arrested today for a plan for a mass shooting when we go back Mon from break. My heavens they had the weapons and a detailed plan!! I am so glad the right person got included in the plan and went to an adult.So so thankful!!!!! Im never scared working in the school with 2000 plus milling about. Not even after the bomb threat as I really believe it was a cry for help and attention. It was also unfounded. I tell you what I cant say I am not nervous now. Man our world is crazy.

Eats:

loaded coffee

chicken with creamed spinach

white chicken chili

jerky and cucumber

enough OOLong tea with splashes of almond milk for an army.

I went from absolutely not eating for a few days to super hungry.

How awful! Thank goodness that kid tattled! Good for them!
Glad to hear the little one is improving.

to everyone else, too.
In a better mood today. Planning my maintenance break has been fun. Seeing how much more I get to eat on weekdays. The Sat before Easter. Something to look forward to at least even though I have nothing else.

Which reminds me I have to take the kids to a birthday party this weekend. Bleh. This person is the wife of DH's cousin, and we are friends and the kids are friends. The parties are a pain in the neck. Each kid gets one and there are 3 kids. The mom insists we be there and that their kid will be wrecked if we don't, but then we come and her kids ignore our kids in favor of their public school friends that they see every day in school, even though they haven't seen us in awhile. So I spend my time watching my kids be rejected, especially the introverted daughter looking lost and forlorn. I try not to stay long as a result. Sunday is my friend's oldest's b-day. She is turning 15 and they are doing capture the flag? Not sure how that's going to work. And I do hope that there isn't an ER visit from the big kids hurting little ones. I know one of the birthday girl's friends gets way too rough.

Anyway. blah blah blah.
Weigh in tomorrow which is guaranteed to make me mad.
Wishing you all a wonderful day, and weekend too if I don't catch anyone. It's hard to say what madness will happen on the weekend.

Old 03-23-2018, 04:40 PM   #238
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Awww Jess that makes me sad about the kids being ignored Ill cross myfingers no ER visits involved the last party you mentioned

Im glad you are going to enjoy your little maintain break! Planning it is fun

We go to a buffett for Easter with family and have an egg hunt here. MIL loves that buffet we go to and I absolutely think it is a vile disgutsing place. I feel bad she pays for my meal and all I eat is bacon and melon. It the only things not gag worthy and I am not a picky person. She loves it so we all be quiet and go cuz we love her She does all of us a basket and EVERYONE hunts for eggs. That part is a blast! It is also my b day. That disgusting mealout will not count as my b day dinner! Yucky!!!!

Todays eats:

okra, sausage, eggs,almond flour biscuit

brianna thomas chocolate dreamy shake with okra/ venison jerky

fat head pizza with salad

brianna thomas peanut butter cookie dough fudge ( reminds me of a protein bar)
Old 03-24-2018, 07:06 AM   #239
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Awww Jess that makes me sad about the kids being ignored Ill cross myfingers no ER visits involved the last party you mentioned

Im glad you are going to enjoy your little maintain break! Planning it is fun

We go to a buffett for Easter with family and have an egg hunt here. MIL loves that buffet we go to and I absolutely think it is a vile disgutsing place. I feel bad she pays for my meal and all I eat is bacon and melon. It the only things not gag worthy and I am not a picky person. She loves it so we all be quiet and go cuz we love her She does all of us a basket and EVERYONE hunts for eggs. That part is a blast! It is also my b day. That disgusting mealout will not count as my b day dinner! Yucky!!!!

Todays eats:

okra, sausage, eggs,almond flour biscuit

brianna thomas chocolate dreamy shake with okra/ venison jerky

fat head pizza with salad

brianna thomas peanut butter cookie dough fudge ( reminds me of a protein bar)
Yuck on the buffet. It's nice of you to humor her though.
The little kids are all excited about the egg hunt.

Dd15's practice was cancelled. It's raining too hard. She's disappointed . She's been running for a month to get in shape.

My scale was disappointing as usual. Next week I measure. I know I'm slimmer. I don't know why the scale is being so mean. But whatever.

DH took 3 doses of the thyroid herb, said it was bunk, and is done. Sigh...I tried. His thyroid is swollen now.

I'm going to have a good day. I declare it. The kids are watching Scooby movies and folding their dang clothes.

Off to catch up.

Old 03-24-2018, 09:53 PM   #240
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

TOM & allergies kicked my behind these past few days & I have been off the rails food-wise. Totally disgusted with myself, but ready to get back to clean eating. DH leaves for training in Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow & will be gone until Friday, so it will be either really difficult or really easy for me to get back on, and stay on, track.

Mick - So glad someone told on those kids & their plan was thwarted! We don't need any more school tragedies. I realize I'm ancient, but I never felt unsafe at school.

Sorry the Easter buffet is yucky, but y'all are sweet to do it for your MIL. We are planning to do Easter brunch at Flemings.

Keeping little Mr. Adorable & your family in my prayers.

Jess - Sorry your kids are ignored at the cousin's party That has got to tear you up.

A swollen thyroid can be serious; your DH should really see a doctor.

Jenn - I love The Wizard of Oz, and am glad you enjoyed the play.

So impressive that DS16 is in the Order of the Arrow. You must be really proud of him!