Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-22-2018, 10:13 AM   #31
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Crazy1
Stats: 198/174/140
WOE: Lower Carb/ IF
Hello My Friends,

Michelle: So nice to hear from you. The past is past.....leave it there! Memories of loved ones...well, we keep those in our hearts but derailments ,mishaps during our weight loss journey, nah, kick them to the curb. It's one day at a time! it's like climbing a mountain...... we slip, we fall, but we get back up....one step at a time!

Going2: How's the neighborhood gig doing? Are you still going to look for paid work or are you going to settle into retirement like your DH? I enjoy being retired .....gives me lots of time to search the web, read recipes and cook. There is time to exercise but I haven't been in the mood lately. Gotta start doing that again. I also do books for hubby which is what I am supposed to do today. Haven't looked at anything since Christmas so I must stop procrastinating!

Jeanne: Glad you are back in ketosis. Takes me a long time, too, but I also eat carbs ..... higher carb, higher calories one day, lower carb, lower calories the next. Kinda like JUDDD but I have no set limit on the amounts. I fast until dinner and then eat what I want to satiety. I use a smaller plate and listen for the sigh! I haven't ever drank pickle juice but I can see how that would help. Our bodies do need a lot of salt....far more than we think. I don't have an air fryer so I have no solution for you. Have you checked "youtube"...just about everything is on youtube!

better: How are you doing? Were you able to tame the cramps? Pain is no fun, especially at night when you are trying to sleep. I think we all put weight on over Christmas but the new year is a chance to refresh and start over. What we eat between Thanksgiving and New Years doesn't matter.....it's what we eat between New Years and Thanksgiving that counts. So here's to a new year!

Anna: There are other plans out there if you are looking for something other than low carb. Check out "Diet Doctor". Lots of good information. Ah, Wilson sounds adorable. How big is he supposed to be? Yes, photo, please.

As for me, fasting is working ........Yes, I am still a slow loser, but I weigh daily and when I average my weekly totals, there definitely is a downward trend. Oh, it's usually only an ounce or 2, maybe 1/2 pound a week but the is nudging down . I actually had a 2.5 pound whoosh last week so now I have a new number to bounce up and down. That seems to be my pattern.....bounce, up down, all around, stay the same, bounce some more, until finally those pesky fat cells give up the ghost.

Best whooshes to you all!

Onward and downward!

Eye on the Prize!
Crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2018, 12:07 PM   #32
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/187.5/148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
first--let me throw out the welcome rug back to Michelle---so very glad you are back--you don't have to even set a goal--we are just here to share--I am sorry you had so much to deal with in the last year and that we weren't able to give you a little hug when you needed it--but we will now!!!

Anna--yes my son got furloughed the last time the government shut down but it looks like someone finally pulled it together today....frustrating that it even happened!!! I don't want to get started! I will be awaiting pictures of Wilson--I think it helps to get over the pain of a big loss--at least some time is always thinking about the new puppy...I think it is so neat that they are all in the same family too--yuk on the paper work--we all seem to run in the same circle with our lives... comforting to me

crazy--I hope one of these days to do a fast here and there--right now food is still too much on my mind and I need to get securely into ketosis--the sticks were not pink this morning but I feel it will again if I can just hang in there--

better --I like what crazy said--the past is the past--we all can learn from that-each day is a new beginning and trying to look past into the future can sometimes make it all over whelming -at least to me

have a good day everyone

Jeanne

“It’s in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” ~Anthony Robbins

Each decision that you make indicates what you think you are worth~
~~A Course in Miracles~~
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:25 PM   #33
saltnpepper
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: saltnpepper
WOE: watching carbs
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Michelle welcome home!!!

Sorry I missed you earlier.... I don't see to well, blaming my phone.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:15 PM   #34
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Hello Friends,

Just checking in. No real news to report. still bouncing but I have to roll with it. Had my whoosh and now I will bounce this weight up and down until my body agrees to let it stay....or gasp, go a little lower!

I took my measurements and am down a few inches...bust, under bust, waist and hips. Not enough for me to change clothing size but I think I should go bra shopping! Not my favourite thing to do but I could be down in both cup and band so I should check it out.

Been busy doing my year end. Again, not my favourite thing to do but it must get done!

Shout out to you all. Hope things are well in your world.

Onward and downward!

Eye on the prize!
Old 01-25-2018, 04:09 AM   #35
Going2
Wonder Woman!

Gallery: Going2
Stats: 223/182(166)/150 5'8"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2003
Hi all, off to a so-so start this year, motivation seems to come and go rather than stay steady.

Ooh, a puppy, how fun! Also good to keep you active, heh heh. Our "kitten" is 9 mos. old now and has slowed down considerably, but we still enjoy bursts of play time with her.

My volunteer treasurer gig with my n'hood assn still keeps me busy and I've decided to re-up another year come March elections. It forces me to get out, show up at events and activities, socialize a tad. The bad news is I've been asked to give a report at tonight's n'hood meeting and I have social anxiety--gaaah! Will make a note card with points on it and do a practice run w DH. Might need to do a couple shots too right before the meeting, hahaha (I kid!). I took on treasurer because I figured it would be behind the scenes!
Going2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 04:34 AM   #36
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

good morning friends

Crazy--a new bra size??? woohoo--I went up this past year--not a good thing! congrats on sticking to it even though it is a slow process...I have to look at it one day at a time-much too long if I don't...of course being off plan over a year has taken its toll!!! this has to be a better year!!!! crazy--are you still doing OMAD and am I right that you just eat whatever and not low carb for that one meal??? and are still losing weight that way??? that would be awesome if I ever can get to that point..

going2-good thing you are reupping the neighbor hood group---I would be a recluse if I didn't have to get out---now that Mom is gone I find myself totally fine with staying in PJs and not getting out...I hope that spring and summer will make the difference---I do have a problem with SAD and sunny days make the difference..

I am planning on working on office stuff again today... it has to be done some time.

Anna--hope you are having fun with Wilson... I am anxious to see him..

Michelle--how you doing girl? I am glad you came home and are joining in...we sure have missed you..

better--are you doing any better??? you have done so well...I have no doubt you will find your groove again... hang in there

Jeanne

“It’s in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” ~Anthony Robbins

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 01-25-2018, 10:44 AM   #37
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Hello Friends,

Going2: Good job on re-upping for your neighborhood gig. Gets you out, makes you socialize but gasp......give a report! I hear you on the social anxiety....do your best...think happy thoughts...... (yeah, maybe have those shots) We need kitty pics....do you have any to share? I sure miss having a kitty but hubs is not too keen so.....I would love to see some pics.

Yes, Jeanne, I am doing OMAD and eating whatever I want! I am following Gin Stephens's plan. She is the author of "Delay, Don't Deny" and "Feast without Fear". She believes clean fasting is key......no sweeteners or cream, no broth....just water, black coffee or tea..... She has a blog you can check out and also a couple of facebook pages.

I am presently reading "How to Have Your Cake and Your Skinny jeans, Too" by Josie Spinardi. Very interesting. Mentions "mean girl" chatter , self talk when we beat ourselves up for slipping up and how eating what we want is more satisfying..... which means we eat less and don't binge. Similarities with what Gin Stephens says. I only read in the evenings and I can hardly wait to continue reading!

Shout out to Michelle, better, Anna. Hope to hear from you soon.

Best whooshes to you all.

Onward and downward!

Eye on the prize!

Last edited by Crazy1; 01-25-2018 at 10:45 AM..
Old 01-25-2018, 11:53 AM   #38
michelle204
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/242/226.6/205
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
Well I'm still not on the band wagon yet, but I'm getting closer. There is no more dessert in the house and no more unhealthy snacks. So hopefully without the temptations in the house I'll stand a better chance.

I want to see pictures of "Wilson"!!!!!!!!

I am no longer with the dog rescue I was at. They threw me out. So I am really missing the extra critters that I use to have. That is a good part of my depression.

Oh well one step at a time, right?
Old 01-25-2018, 04:59 PM   #39
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--you do still have a dog or two don't you??? you are so good with them and did so much for the rescue??? I don't get it!!! still keep on trying to get on board--I have about 11 days in now--but until I get a month or two I won't feel like I have conquered this past year of failures...it is truly a day at a time--and being prepared...I made some rolls this evening--a super simple recipe and I was surprised at how good they were...I think I could make a hamburger bun or hot dog bun out of them? I know the only way I can make head way is to bake things that help me...

Crazy--thanks for the info--I will have to look into those books--I might even visit facebook but I need to try and stay away from the computer more--way too much time gone before I know it. so glad you have something that works!! black coffee is not on my radar I am afraid--do need to stop drinking diet dew I know!!!

hello to better, Anna, going2

Jeanne

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 01-29-2018, 05:44 AM   #40
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

good Monday morning--so glad it is not a restart Monday for me today....2 weeks in and so far I am really not losing much--1 pound for last week but I will gladly take it!!! I am hoping to continue on this path...thanks for all the support in our group..

worked in the basement cleaning up mostly--the DH is putting dry wall up on one wall we had always intended to dry wall--we had most of the insulation and dropped ceiling panels so I guess it was time to start-I am the cleaner upper--lots of saw dust and pieces of insulation and drywall--I am planning on going down there today to do some more cleaning up and burning of the trash ...it is easier when he is gone to work during the week!!! crank up the music and go!!!

hope everyone had a great weekend

I will talk to you all later

Jeanne

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 01-29-2018, 01:03 PM   #41
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Hello Friends,

A pound is great, Jeanne. Well done! It takes time to get in the groove, especially after all you have been thru in the past few months.

Going2: How are you doing? How was the report?

Michelle: Don't know why they would kick you out of the dog rescue? You were so involved. Is there another group you could help out....SPCA or something like that? I know it's hard to get back on track, but it's one day at a time.

Anna: How's the Mediterranean Diet going? And Wilson?

I am doing ok on my plan. I still bounce up and down but the numbers are going lower. I am crazy busy in my office. So much to do....like yesterday!
But such is life. I will keep working at it. No procrastinating allowed!

Shout out to better. Hope all is well in your world.

Best whooshes to you all!

Onward and downward!
Old 01-30-2018, 02:47 AM   #42
Going2
Wonder Woman!

Good morning! Same ol' here, in a holding pattern, at least it wasn't a Re-start Monday, although Sunday football socializing sure is a challenge that needs lots of planning around. My speech went OK, according to DH who attended the community meeting too. I caught myself talking fast and stumbling a bit, something about hearing myself speak trips me up. At least that's done and I can go back to more of a behind-the-scenes roll, although I do attend all the events/activities we have to sell memberships and T-shirts and stuff.

That's good to get tempting foods out of your line of sight, Michelle. Sorry to hear about the dog rescue, sure that was a nice distraction for you. Hope you find another dog-loving opportunity, can't give pups too much love!.

Yay to skipping a re-start Monday, Jeanne! Any loss is a victory, plus slow-n-steady seems to be our metabolism around here. All that cleaning and moving to music will be a great workout! Don't use the word "failures" to describe last year, consider them "challenges" instead, something that you may not have had the strength to overcome at the time, we don't need to beat ourselves up more.

Nice to hear you are gradually heading downward, Crazy1! Keeping busy at work burns calories! Always appreciate your positive thoughts and motivational nuggets you share with us!
Old 01-30-2018, 07:50 PM   #43
michelle204
Senior LCF Member

Well I derailed big time. Dh treated me to some meals out for my birthday. Then my cousin and her daughter went all out and made me a great high carb meal for my birthday. (they don't know ant better) And I sure appreciated it. I haven't had a birthday party in over 25 years. It felt nice to be celebrated. But that just sent me spiraling with cravings. Finally today I feel a bit more in control.
Yes Jeanne I still have my two dogs Ben and Twinkle. But I really miss being involved with all the other dogs. They kicked me out because I asked too many questions that they didn't want to answer. I hope your basement cleaning is going ok.

Going 2--I am glad your speech went alright . I panic if I have to speak in public so I know how you must have felt.

Crazy--WTG on he numbers going down. You are an inspiration.

Anna--How are you doing with the loss of Pepper?Where's the Wilson pics?

I have been asked to do a dairy free cake for an office party. This is my first cake that I will be paid for. I am a little excited. Tonight I practiced on a small 6" cake. I have to make a much bigger version for the order though. But I am pretty happy with trial cake. I'll post a picture.

Well goodnight for now.
Old 01-30-2018, 07:51 PM   #44
michelle204
Senior LCF Member

Well here it is from the top.
What do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0484.jpg (47.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-31-2018, 03:33 AM   #45
Going2
Wonder Woman!

That cake's too pretty to eat!
Old 01-31-2018, 09:12 PM   #46
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Hello friends,

Happy belated birthday, Michelle!

Birthdays are to be celebrated....and the first party in 25 years.....it's ok! There are no good food and bad foods...it's all food! Now, I will admit that some have trouble with certain foods as in they trigger more of the same
( probably carbs, ) but just get back on track. You don't have to wait until restart/recovery Monday....as they say....Just Do it! We are all human....we slip, we fall, we get back up! Think of a toddler learning to walk....he falls and falls and finally walks....and riding a bike....the same. You've got this!

It's a beautiful cake, Michelle! Yes, agree with Going2, far too pretty to eat! Good job!

Going2: Yup, slow n steady....that's us. Like the tortoise and the hare. So do you have football plans this weekend......as in tailgate party? DH and I are not sport fans but we do watch the Superbowl and the Canadian Grey Cup. it is just the 2 of us but I usually do chicken wings, cheese, sausage and other nibbles. However, I found a great deal on chicken drumsticks so we will be having those instead of wings!

Jeanne: Hugs, my friend. I know the loss of your mother must be difficult. The first year can be so hard....so many firsts without your loved one. Keeping busy does help but so does sitting in your grief....setting aside a time of contemplation, of memories, looking at photos and such....like a meditation. Grief is hard and will take time to process. We are here for you.

As for me, well, I went to the doc today and my BP was fabulous! Doc is very pleased with my weight loss and totally on board with fasting for weight loss so I am a happy camper!

Shout out to better and Anna!

Onward and downward!

Eye on the prize!
Old 02-01-2018, 12:52 PM   #47
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

hello friends

Michelle--I always thought you had missed your calling--the bakery items you have done are simply amazing and this cake is just one example--are you going to start doing this now for profit??? I hope so--that cake is so beautiful...

Crazy-thanks for all the uplifting--some days are certainly harder than others

going2-I would have been petrified to get up and speak--not in my makeup and I would have been in a real tizzy!!! congratulations on having it over!!!

I am planning on the amish buffet tonight--the DH has not pushed to go for awhile so I feel I must---I am going in with the thought of sticking to low carb but my resolve disappears when it comes to the dessert--hoping I can survive through it--don't feel truly secure into low carb yet..

hello to better and Anna--hope things are going well for you.

Jeanne

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 02-02-2018, 02:04 AM   #48
Going2
Wonder Woman!

Everyone gets a pass on their birthdays! Glad you had such a nice celebration, what a boost!

Crazy1, that is wonderful your doc supports your WOE--such good health indicators!

Speaking of buffets singing siren songs, DH's family is Chinese and all of their family events are either Chinese restaurant banquets or buffets--food is delicious, plentiful, saucy, and carby--ugh!

Have been falling into more of a solid breakfast, hearty lunch, and lighter dinner routine these days, still trying to establish a meal pattern in retirement. The challenge is DH is diabetic and sloppy about preparing his own meals, so I tend to be the one ensuring he eats 3 squares daily and feeling some pressure to eat with him. He also doesn't like a 2nd day of leftovers, so I tend to "take care of them" rather than toss them. I know, we blessed to have such a first-world problem!
Old 02-02-2018, 09:54 AM   #49
saltnpepper
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: saltnpepper
WOE: watching carbs
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
Sorry for the mia

My favorite uncle died. (I have 16 not counting their spouses.)

Anyway, I'll be back soon.

Where do I go to figure out how to post a picture? Wilson was about 5.5 lbs when we got him. He weighs 9 lbs now. LOL

Nice week end you all

A & W
Old 02-03-2018, 03:18 AM   #50
Going2
Wonder Woman!

Sorry for you loss, Salt, looks like we've all been touched by grief the past year or so {{hugs}}.

You can upload a pic to your LCF account and then "attach" it via the Go Advanced menu or upload one to a Web photo app and insert an image link--I use TinyPic and select the Resize option as Message Board.

Had a good eating day yesterday and am motivated for the same today, "banking" for tomorrow's Superbowl football partying. At least when we drink beer, it's Michelob Ultra at around 3 carbs.

(When I remember to do it!) I find if I brush my teeth right after eating I won't "ruin it" by eating soon, so based upon that I just bought some nasty-tasting Listerine Pocket Paks breath freshener strips to use if I get a snack urge--OMG, they taste terrible! Need to test one w DH, see if my breath smells good tho', hahaha.

Best wishes for a nice weekend, and hope everyone stays warm if you're dealing with cold weather like us right now--brrr!
Old 02-03-2018, 12:58 PM   #51
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Hello Friends,

Sorry for your loss, Anna. Post when you feel like it. I have never posted photos but do as Going2 suggested and it should work!

Going2: Your meal plan sounds doable. Isn't there a saying "breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dine like a pauper" You are living it!

DH has coffee with his buddies every morning so I don't have to worry about breakfast....he may or may not come home for lunch so I serve whatever??? and as he doesn't cook, he eats whatever I make....including leftovers! I do like to cook but I usually plan my dinners to serve 4 and have it later in the week. Might be the same or changed up a bit......tacos one time, taco salad another, chicken dinner with cooked veg to Chicken Caesar salad.

Have you ever thought about those meal services? Like "Plated" or "Hello Fresh"? You wouldn't have to deal with leftovers or even plan meals.

Thanks for the tip on the Listerene Pocket Paks. I have never tried them and now I know not do! I do brush my teeth as that tip does work!

My Super Bowl plans have been dashed as DD wants me to come over for a few days and help her purge! She usually just tosses things so I need to bring a big duffle bag so I can bring stuff home to recycle! Not the easiest endeavor with public transit but where there's a will, there's a way!

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.

Onward and downward!
Old 02-03-2018, 12:59 PM   #52
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Anna- so very sorry for your loss--it seems to hit harder and more people around the holidays--that causes even more sadness I think? at least for me--hugs dear friend

going2--I will not be doing superbowl food....we are just not that into sports--hope you have a great time and enjoy the party food...we are cold here too--brrr

I have thought of little else today than food--I must have slipped out of ketosis...I figured I would--used some of the dreamfields pasta and the carbs there are pretty high--after the truth came out anyway---do any of you have a good low carb pasta to try?? Netrition has several now but I haven't tried any?

we are supposed to get snow tonight but the radar appears it may all miss us by going north---I really am tired of winter already--I simply can't get warm this year...

Hello to everyone else..

Jeanne

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 02-05-2018, 02:24 AM   #53
Going2
Wonder Woman!

Well yup, definitely a Recovery Monday here--hahaha. Ate too much flatbread pizza, chips n dip, libations ... you get it. OTOH I'm turned of to that stuff for awhile, right? I'm not that into football, like preferring one team over another, but I enjoy a competitive game and Superbowl delivered. The hard part is it's aired at night now, hard on this early-to-bed gal and then all that evening eating ... ugh.

Looking forward to a good week, starting with some clean eating days and keeping busy with puttering and my volunteer gig.

How was your weekend?
Old 02-05-2018, 06:51 AM   #54
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

hello friends!

Crazy--I think purging is a good thing--but curious why you need public transportation??? You may need several big containers!!! I would like to see all the boxes of stuff I sent to St. Vincent de Paul this year---I would be shocked I am sure but a good feeling--nice that DD asked you to help!

Well I followed my plan all week and was rewarded with absolutely no weight loss--stayed the same but not giving in---although DH received 2 boxes of thin mints from the GD so that really called my name--going to have to find a recipe that makes those.

Hope everyone is doing ok? It is supposed to snow in the next couple of days-I am hoping not bad as I will need to travel to take Dolly to the groomers..and have an errand to run Wednesday evening---I hate traveling in bad weather--didn't used to bother me but sure does now!

hello to everyone!!!

Jeanne

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 02-06-2018, 05:19 PM   #55
michelle204
Senior LCF Member

Anna--so sorry for your loss. Your family seems quite large. I only have one uncle left and I would never speak to him even if I had to. He is such a cad.

Crazy--I love a good purge. I just feel less encumbered when it's all over. And I have been really good at not bringing too much in to replace it.

Jeanne--I hear you about sticking to plan and not seeing any results. But we must keep up the good fight. I wish I could follow my own advice. LOL

Going---Hope your recovery Monday went ok

Still not 100%back to eating well and I have a doctors appointment on Thursday. That can't possibly go well. I have gained 50 lbs since I saw her last a year ago and I was suppose to lose weight for my liver disease. Can't wait to feel all ashamed.

It is stupid cold here. It was -40 degrees here last night the dogs spend no time outside at all. Who could blame the, But we have had relatively little snow, so that's nice.

Have a great night ladies.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:25 PM   #56
michelle204
Senior LCF Member

Here is a picture of a cupcake I did for a small animal rescue this weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0489.jpg (42.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 02-06-2018, 05:29 PM   #57
michelle204
Senior LCF Member

Hopefully this pic won't be sideways
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0486.jpg (51.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-06-2018, 05:30 PM   #58
michelle204
Senior LCF Member

Nope I can't get it to be upright, grrrrr!
Old 02-07-2018, 08:57 AM   #59
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--that cupcake is totally beautiful especially in that teacup!!! you rock girl!!! wish you lived closer--I would love to have that talent!!!

Well--those darn girl scout cookies did me in---I couldn't get them off my mind so it didn't take long to consume a whole box!!!! 9 oz as if that means anything!!

doing some cleaning today--I have to run an errand later so I will check back in tonite!

Jeanne

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 02-08-2018, 06:27 PM   #60
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/165...165/155
WOE: Atkins/fasting
Start Date: Feb 2014
Hi all! Finally have a moment to catch my breath, but only because I've got my fingers crossed for a snow day tomorrow! Really hoping!!

This is my 2nd time I've ALMOST made it down to my pre-Christmas weight. I guess that's not bad, considering it took me all year last year! School has been SO stressful. It's always rough coming back after Christmas. Usually it settles down after a week or so, but this year things are still a bit out of control, and I'm feeling the stress. Today I went off and ate a bunch of crappy carbs. :-( So, again I've pushed off reaching my goal. But, I'll keep on trying. I'll get there eventually.

I'd better head to bed, in case we have school tomorrow. I have a Valentine dance scheduled for tomorrow night, so I'll have to pack up a ton of stuff to bring to school in the morning if the snow fizzles out. Forecast is anywhere from 3-9 inches, depending on which channel you watch. It's supposed to be a bad commute in the morning, so...keeping my fingers crossed!