Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 02-09-2018, 12:49 PM   #61
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jbatchelor
Stats: 248/187.5/148
WOE: Atkins/Low carb
Better-good to see you girl---that stress stuff does me in too--hang on tight--hope you got a snow day today---we may get some ice tonite--but I can just sit inside and watch!!!

I have not been good --what's new? I am like better---still trying to get back in gear....hopefully it will stick some day...

how is everyone else doing? any big plans for the weekend? I have nothing big planned--just probably working around here.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Jeanne

“It’s in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” ~Anthony Robbins

Each decision that you make indicates what you think you are worth~
~~A Course in Miracles~~
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2018, 03:14 AM   #62
Going2
Wonder Woman!

Gallery: Going2
Stats: 223/182(166)/150 5'8"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2003
That's great you are already down, Better!

Sorry you felt let down eating so well and not seeing a loss. Remebr, it's not the scale so much as our health and how clothes fit, although it sure is nice to see numbers go lower. A box of GS thin mints isn't much, Jeanne--I've done plenty of those in my pre-LC days--ha! Their cookies weren't the same after they switched bakeries that used cheaper ingredients. Just do some baby steps every day and build upon them.

OMG, that s some serious bitter cold, Michelle! Maybe litterbox train your pups--ha! Actually, I had a roommate with a toy-type pup who used a small kiddie pool on the balcony as her bathroom since we were in a hi-rise apt. Roomie had schizo and wouldn't leave The apt. for days, that poor dog! I moved out after 2 weeks--she was that crazy! How'd your doctor visit go?

Well, it was National Pizza Day yesterday and we indulged. Forgot how good some "real" pizza is! At least I had a thin crust feta-spinach one so the carbs weren't super crazy!

I visited my BFF of almost 50 years yesterday and we took a walk in a hilly park--am feeling the burn already, but glad I got some fresh air and 'cise. Can't believe we've known each other for so long. Her "baby boy" graduates from HS soon--where'd the time go!

Supposed to be a rainy weekend here, good for puttering around the house. Like we've heard from other newish retirees, the days are going by without seeming to be doing much, guess we are getting used to the slower pace, uh oh.

While visiting my friend yesterday, time was getting away from us so we just snacked on veggies and carrots, had some canned veg soup and I actually felt full! I think all the time spent yakking while eating slowed my body down enough to register the filling raw veggies and cup of soup--a trick I need to use at home, although DH isn't one for small talk, heh heh. We went grocery shopping at the end of our visit yesterday and she bought some bananas (they were green), I cannot remember the last time I had one--years! Man, I used to love one with PB: slathering PB, taking a bite, repeat. Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't focus on carbs when it comes to fresh produce, just watch portions for the sweeter and starchy ones.

Looks like I blathered on a bit here, making up for not posting as often, hahaha!
Going2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 07:23 PM   #63
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Crazy1
Stats: 198/174/140
WOE: Lower Carb/ IF
Hello Friends,

Blathering is great, Going2. We share it all; helps keep us focused. I did not know that it was National Pizza Day ...DH and I had leftover chicken. Guess we will have to have pizza another day.

I hear you on the slower pace for retired folks ( and those who are tired!). I don't have to rush off to work or rush to make meals so I actually spend way more time in the kitchen...making meals from scratch. I enjoy cooking (and eating, ) but it is much more pleasant when I an not rushing around.

Yakking might be one way to slow down eating but you could also try putting your fork down between bites; or try eating with your non-dominant hand! I can put my fork down but I am useless with my other hand.

Oh, bananas! I hadn't eaten one in years but I have eaten a few since I started IF. Even those on WW are now allowed bananas.

Nice to hear from you better. You sure have your share of stress. Did you get a snow day? Hope your dance goes well.

Oh, Michelle; you are so talented......Delectable Delights!

Jeanne: Hang in there! It's one day at a time, my friend.

Anna: How are you doing? Pics????

So I am home from DD's. Didn't accomplish too much. The reason for public transit, Jeanne, is because there is no place to park! Far easier to take transit than pay for parking!

DD only has 500 square feet and the plan is for the BF to move in. Yikes! DH asked me if that was DD's idea or the BF's idea, but I played it safe and just asked if they were serious! Not much space, far too much stuff and my fear is that they will get on each others nerves and the relationship will end.

However, I am just the mom, so I cooked and cleaned! Thai's usually my forte, but DD is doing keto so the cooking actually presented a problem. I know all about low carb but I don't have a gall bladder so I don't do high fat! Oh, I eat bacon and cook with butter but I don't add extra fat to anything, so it was a challenge.

Oh, and DD doesn't like butter, mayonnaise and most meats. Very challenging. I managed a few chicken dishes with veg but she took the skin off the chicken and was worried about how much olive oil I used to cook with. I don't think she should be doing keto. She doesn't know what to eat or how to cook! I suggested egg salad and tuna salad because she actually likes those items but she told me that she can't take them to work because others complain about the smell! I guess I was a terrible co-worker because I ate a lot of tuna salad in the office!

Anyway, I am not sure what kind of results DD is getting but I lost 2.5 pounds! At least it broke my week long plateau so I am a happy camper.

Going out for dinner with my in-laws tomorrow so I may just put those pounds back on , however, such is life.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.

Onward and downward!
Crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:37 AM   #64
Going2
Wonder Woman!

Whatever you're doing is working, Crazy1--good for you! You sound like a wise and caring mom, it's so hard to watch kids make decisions that you can see may not be fruitful. That's interesting about her food choices.

Not a Recovery Monday here, but not seeing a loss either. Then again, I haven't been trying these days, kind of a beginning-of-the-year funk, maybe still trying to feel out a direction for retirement goals.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:26 PM   #65
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

hello girls

I didn't have a recovery Monday either---thought I would try a recovery Sunday--I weighed a half pound more this morning!!! I need to stop weighing every day and just do Mondays again-

Crazy--awesome news for more weight loss--I hope your daughters relationship works-you have done everything to help her!!!

going2-I am retired and enjoy it more and more--however DH still works and is supposed to retire next January-however he talks more and more about maybe working part time--I don't think I will ever get to travel.

hello to Michelle, Anna and Better

talk to you all later

Jeanne

“It’s in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” ~Anthony Robbins

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 02-14-2018, 04:59 AM   #66
Going2
Wonder Woman!

Hope all of you have some romance in your day today, whether with a loved one or just finding it in the little things that brighten your world.

DH and I exchanged cards and are going out for sashimi, then grilling steaks for dinner. We are blessed with a balmy weather day considering it's still winter here, maybe we'll head to the Old Town section of our city and stroll the waterfront shops, get some fresh air.

I've been inadvertently at induction-level carbs the past 2 days and would likely hit ketosis today, but not putting pressure on myself, especially with eating out. At least we will be doing riceless sashimi for lunch and salad with the steaks. We don't do sweets much but I may make a 3-minute almond flour chocolate mug cake for DH. I sub Davinci Kahlua syrup for the Splenda and it is amazing!
Old 02-14-2018, 06:43 PM   #67
michelle204
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: michelle204
Stats: 262/242/226.6/205
WOE: LowCarbing my way
Start Date: July 9, 2007
I haven’t been feeling well for quite some time now and I finally made a doctors appointment for Friday. I am so nervous. The last time I saw her I was 192 lbs and now I am 242. I’m worried she will just blame the weight for all my troubles but it is actually worrying about the troubles that made me eat and gain all that weight. Do I make any sense?
Old 02-15-2018, 02:59 AM   #68
Going2
Wonder Woman!

Aw, Michelle, hope you get some answers tomorrow. So many things can cause weight gain and those need to be ruled out first before a good doctor will say the weight itself is the issue--good luck and here are some {{hugs}}.

Did OK at lunch but a bit off LC for dinner eating some cauli-potato mix I made for DH and treating myself to a rare Atkins bar--peanut-caramel cluster. So no dusting off the Ketostix just yet but I'm hoping to be solid on LC eating going into the weekend. Ketosis gives me dry mouth, so that'll be my first clue, good for encouraging hydration, hahaha.

It'll be a weirdly warm day today--around 70 or so--and then we have a chance of snow on Saturday--crazy weather! Look forward to opening windows for some fresh air later, get a kiss of springtime.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:12 AM   #69
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Hello My friends,

Yes, you make sense, Michelle. We do tend to stay away from the doctor because we fear they will blame our weight.....and though our weight may exacerbate our problem, health issues still need to be checked out. Hope things work out.

Going2: Nice here today, too.; and maybe snow on Sunday. I want spring! No ketostix for me either.....I planned a nice dinner for Valentine's day....steak, lobster, crab.......rice for DH, (no veg, ) and I made a small chocolate brownie dessert....from a package......I admit that I baked it too long because it didn't seem to be done after the stated time but yuck! It was not tasty at all! But I ate it....... and suffered! Oh, so full......and then I had a yucky taste in my mouth....that wouldn't go away. And today the is up! Not making that again! Drinking lots of water today.

Shout out to Jeanne, better, Anna. Hope all is well in your world.

Onward and downward!
Old 02-15-2018, 12:49 PM   #70
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

hello girls

I have been working on taxes again today--I think I have everything but one I am still waiting on--I really thought it was a rule to have things sent out by the end of January but apparently that is not the case now? going to the new guy and he doesn't send out worksheets so that is certainly different.. we never qualify for enough deductions but I still keep everything and tally it all up..

Michelle--I hope your doctor appointment turns out well--I think you should get some answers to your health issues...hang in there--so glad to have you back.

Going2--we are having warm temps today--67 right now but super windy--and tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 30s with rain/snow mix--yikes!! I want to open windows too--so ready for spring..

Crazy--your Valentine dinner sounds really good--even those brownies--I would eat them no matter what I am afraid--that scale will go back down--hang on! I would eat brownies no matter if they were dry-I always like the edges anyway!!! I made some chocolate cookies and they are bleh but I can't throw them away-those low carb ingredients are just too expensive..

hello to everyone else

Jeanne

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 02-16-2018, 03:17 AM   #71
Going2
Wonder Woman!

Jeanne, our weather's like yours, but about a day later, and I am hoping for some snow tomorrow--this winter's been a bust in that department! Just want enough to cover the ground, not shoveling depth--hahaha.

I understood W-2s/income statements needed to be sent in January, not sure about the other stuff. Hate that annual taxes are such a maze to navigate!

We are debating about carryout vs. buffet for our Chinese New Year meal today. The bad news is both are venues for overdoing yummy carbs--ack! Wednesday, DH treated himself to real ice cream after lunch out and I had 2 nibbles of it to try--tasted sickeningly sweet to me, although he said it was pretty sweet too--Baskin Robbins brand. Even the Diet Coke I had at lunch was syrupy to me, that's what not doing sweets regularly does for your taste buds!

My "established" cat suddenly turned the corner with adjusting to our kitten after 4.5 months of self-sequestering upstairs, like a switch was thrown. Now she's coming downstairs, being more interactive, and playing again--hooray! Still have hopes--OK, maybe it's a fantasy--that one day we'll catch them cuddled together. They are a nice distraction and give me some activity during the day, playing fetch with our young-un, making sure she's kept active while she's young.

What's up in your worlds this weekend?
Old 02-16-2018, 03:09 PM   #72
michelle204
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone for the encouragements. The doctor's appointment went ok. She did not blame my weight. She is highly suspecting most of my issues are menopause related. I can not be put on HRT since my sister died of breast cancer so she is starting me on a low dose antidepressant. I think this is a good place to start. If the meds work the way they are suppose to, I might actually get a good night sleep. She thinks it will take 3-4 weeks to see any improvements. So my fingers are crossed.

Going--I'm so happy your cat is beginning to warm up to the new kitten. It does a heart good to see happy animals. Enjoy your Chinese New years meal, whatever you choose.

Crazy--That Valentine's meal sounds both romantic and delicious.

Jeanne-- Good luck with the taxes and I am glad to be back.

As for all your talk of nice weather. You should know we were -37* yesterday. Enough is enough!

As for plans for the weekend...we are going out tonight to celebrate a friends birthday. I plan on eating responsibly but not necessarily on plan. I am bringing a cake to the restaurant that I made. The lady whose birthday it is runs a small animal rescue (rabbits,guinea pigs, hamsters) so she asked if I could try and make a cake to reflect that. I think I did an ok job. I will post a picture of it.
Have a great weekend ladies.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:23 PM   #73
michelle204
Senior LCF Member

Guinea pig cake
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guinea1.jpg (44.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg guinea2.jpg (44.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-16-2018, 03:30 PM   #74
saltnpepper
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: saltnpepper
WOE: watching carbs
Start Date: long ago restart 06/11
LOL

CUTE cake!!

So glad your appointment went well.

Have a great week end everyone. Will try to read this thread and post next week. Still not on any plan.

PS
I am having a hard time uploading a pic of Wilson from my phone. And yes, Michelle I am having a hard time coping without Pepper. One of my kids got Wilson for me because I was getting depressed...... Or at least he thought that. I don't think so, just sad.

Last edited by saltnpepper; 02-16-2018 at 03:33 PM..
saltnpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:31 PM   #75
michelle204
Senior LCF Member

Try # 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guinea1-4.jpg (40.6 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by michelle204; 02-16-2018 at 03:35 PM..
michelle204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:45 PM   #76
saltnpepper
Major LCF Poster!

Here he is!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180204_094357wilson.jpg (31.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 02-16-2018, 07:54 PM   #77
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

oh Anna--Wilson is absolutely adorable!!! what a face--is he cold natured like Dolly--she wears sweaters I think 6 months out of the year....I can understand the loss of Pepper and having a difficult time... I still miss my Sydney and always will--there are some dogs you just don't ever get over them totally--although Dolly has become more like taking care of a child that never leaves your sight--that was something I wasn't used to...Big dogs keep more of their independence whereas Dolly is just constantly needing some attention... she has been my salvation these last couple of months.

sorry to ramble--the DH stayed home today since it was raining this morning and we ran to Menards and to a flea market place, plus ended up at Mexican restaurant but hopefully I have behaved well enough... we will see...

Michelle--once again you have made a fantastic creation--totally talented!!! I am glad you are getting some help and the doctor visit was a good one...menopause...I really didn't have much issue there since I had a hysterectomy- I do have problems with heat control in the summer and freezing in the winter which I believe to be hormonal--worse when I eat sugar and carbs... hang in there--antidepressants do take 3 weeks to kick in!

talk to you all later

Jeanne

~~A Course in Miracles~~

Last edited by jbatchelor; 02-16-2018 at 08:00 PM..
Old 02-18-2018, 02:46 AM   #78
Going2
Wonder Woman!

Wilson is so cute--what a sweet face! Must be so uplifting to look at it every day!

Love the 'pig cake--what a smart idea!

My gyn tried me on the anti-D Effexor for flashes, but I read up on the side effects and decided it wasn't for me after a month, wasn't working yet anyway. You have to go super slow tapering off of it--that was a nightmare! Had to open the capsule of medication to count and remove 1-2 more of the "beads" of it day--crazy! Good thing I have great close-up vision. I had a tunnel vision episode and a super scary withdrawal "brain zap"--thought I was having a stroke!

Switched to $$$ PremPro as I don't have estrogen risk factors but have had pesky spotting for 3 months and resistant weight, oh joy. Have to admit, it is working for flashes and stuff tho'. It's about the 8th regimen I've tried over the years and an expensive one, runs about $1 /day with insurance.

Yup, weekend did me in already--Chinese carryout rice at lunch and popcorn with a movie at home last night. Although ... I had Chinese sauteed string beans and a beef-and-cilantro soup for my Friday order, and only ate about 2 cups of popcorn last night--it's all about balance <snort!>.

We had a wintry mix of snow and sleet here yesterday, just enough to leave a white coating on grassy areas--pretty! But it's supposed to be in the mid 70s Wednesday, this crazy weather! Luckily, I never got around to covering the outside central AC unit for the winter, so we are ready to cool down when the heatwave hits!

It'll be great outdoor-walking weather, good to get some exercise and air.

Riiiighhhtttt
Old 02-18-2018, 12:52 PM   #79
michelle204
Senior LCF Member

OMG I just love Wilson, Anne. He is adorable!

I have read bad things about getting off this medicine but I have to try something. Not sleeping for 2 years has aged me unbelievably. I just hope this low dose prescription is all I need. It will be easier to ween off I would guess. But I guess I will deal with that after a while. It seems every drug has side effects. I would prefer no drugs, but.....

Back to more house cleaning.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:05 PM   #80
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Hello Friends,

Oh, Michelle, what a cute cake. You are so talented. Glad your doc didn't blame your weight. Menopause has so many symptoms and weight gain or the inability to lose can certainly play a part. Give the meds a try and see if there are any improvements. Sleep is so important so I do hope you get some relief.

I am usually hot during the day but don't usually "flush" and I am actually cold when I sleep. I wear tank tops in the summer and short sleeves in the winter , no turtlenecks, long sleeves or sweaters for me! Mind you, our winters are usually pretty mild. Except for last night....woke up to a dump of snow! Up to 20cm in parts of the city and more on the way. And we think it's cold.....only 2 degrees Celsius.

Going2: I like your idea of "balanced" but it all works out....everything in moderation; some days higher carb, some days low carb....and movie popcorn is tradition! Glad you rcat has accepted your kitty....it's nice when your fur babies are friends.

Oh, Anna, your "Wilson" is so cute. What a sweetheart.

Jeanne: Hang in there! Give it the ole' 80/20plan...eat on plan 80% of the time (at home) and 20% off plan.....(at a restaurant; yay, Mexican!)

I am not sure if I mentioned that my father had gone back to California after Christmas and he was to come home yesterday. He got in around 10pm and noticed the light was on at his lady friends place but he thought it was too late to call.

So he called her this morning, no answer; called the mother, no answer; called the daughter, no answer; called the son in laws cell and left a message.......the son in law called back and told my dad that his lady friend passed away last night.

This is the lady who was my age. My dad had talked to her on twice this past week...apparently she had fallen on some ice and broke her hip...... was recovering at home but was in a lot of pain and she ended up having a heart attack.

My poor father is beside himself. He always complains about how lonesome he is and this woman was his only friend....... and now he is all by himself again. My brothers and I didn't really approve of this relationship but we didn't expect this to happen. Not sure how my father will cope. with this set back. But such is life. Maybe he will be ready to go to a seniors complex.

Shout out to better. Hope all is well in your world.

Onward and downward!

Last edited by Crazy1; 02-18-2018 at 04:07 PM..
Old 02-19-2018, 03:31 AM   #81
Going2
Wonder Woman!

Oh, my gosh, Crazy1--that is so heartbreaking about your dad and his friend! Your heart is surely hurting for him. Reminds us life is short, anything can happen at any time.

Agree that a good night's sleep can't be underrated, Jeanne. I was in tears many nights suffering from meno symptoms and not being able to get a good night's sleep awakening 2-3 times per hour, can't imagine 2 years of it, you poor thing! Hope you get some relief soon!

This morning's weekly weigh-in didn't have any surprises, guess it's bad news, good news. I've been doing a lot of introspection the past week, trying to figure out what changes I can make for a better me. There are plenty I "need," but making ones I "can do" makes them less intimidating and increases chances for success. The ol' mind game.

Found some motivation to de-clutter a couple spots in our basement and filled 3 large trash bags with recycling, donations, and trash--woohoo! Even replaced some odds-and-ends throw rugs with coordinating runners to "clean up" the look down there.

That means this week is starting out positive and hopeful and am feeling like it'll be super productive. Throw in a couple of warm and sunny days to get some outside time, am definitely feeling a "spring" in my step for sure!

Hope you all are finding some springtime energy "budding" too!
Old 02-19-2018, 08:34 AM   #82
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

hello friends

Crazy--that is really hard to hear about your dad's friend...we never know when it is our time...trying to keep that upper most is hard too..hopefully your dad will think about the senior center this time??

Going2--I know how hard it is to stick with the plan--if I would have popcorn in the house it wouldn't stay in the pkg!!! I have watched DH eat a variety of junk this weekend--apple fritter, chips, cake and cookies--it is so hard but he seems oblivious to my struggle--I have to do this for me--only me.

I didn't have to have restart Monday--I didn't eat the day I had Mexican until the next day just trying to stay into ketosis and I did--barely according to my sticks but they have gotten darker as the week progressed...still trying to get more time in being good...

Anna, Michelle, better--hope you all are doing well

it is supposed to get into the 70s here too--but we have rain and more rain and more rain forecast so not a good spring day...62 degrees right now!!

Jeanne

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 02-19-2018, 05:18 PM   #83
michelle204
Senior LCF Member

crazy sorry to hear about your dad's friend. Having to deal with another loss surely won't be easy on him .

We just had a long weekend here and I really behaved myself. I'm not at induction levels yet but I have hope I will get to 20 carbs by Tuesday or Wednesday fingers crossed
Old 02-19-2018, 06:45 PM   #84
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/165...165/155
WOE: Atkins/fasting
Start Date: Feb 2014
Hi all. I'm dragging, here. Two weeks ago I was almost at my lowest again. Then Friday I started binging, and I binged all weekend. Plus today. Feeling terrible physically (stomach cramps) and emotionally. Work is still very stressful--every grade (I teach 6-8) has at least one student that really just needs to go. They are disrupting the classes day after day. The dean is really working on gathering enough evidence to hopefully get them out of the school...I hate that we can't help them. I'm a fixer. I want to help them, help them deal with whatever crap they've experienced that has made them into such miserable human beings. But here we are, more than halfway through the school year, and it hasn't gotten better. And I've found I'm dreading going to school every day. With all that, I fell back to eating to try to hide my emotions. Of course it didn't work. Just left me a mess, and probably 15 lbs heavier than I was 3 days ago. (yeah, I gain weight THAT fast). I really would like to fast--not eating is the only way I've ever really been able to break the addiction...but every time I fast, I get these awful, awful leg cramps at night and I can't sleep. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I hav
Old 02-20-2018, 04:02 AM   #85
Going2
Wonder Woman!

Crazy1 - Hard to watch our hubbies eat all the yummy stuff while we struggle. Good move to balance the Mexican splurge with a break--that is terrific you are in ketosis! Enjoy the balmy day, albeit rainy.

Michelle - Good start to the week there--may the ketosis fairy swing by soon!

Better - Sorry to hear about the bingeing weekend, but you have a solid start in front of it so be kind to yourself during this stressful time. Thanks for sharing a teacher's perspective on students who aren't a good fit, so scary how one bad apple spoils it for all and the ripple effect they don't realize they cause. Am impressed how compassionate you are toward them, although it puts your health at risk. Wow on your weight gain in such a short period of time--I thought 4 pounds in a week for me was fast! Sending you some {{hugs}} as you deal with everything going on--hang in there!

Speaking of binges, had a carb-craving yesterday and indulged in white flour pitas, ugh. I realize there's a pattern: a string of "good" days then a crave builds, so maybe I need to anticipate it and do a bit of LC bread and stuff to psych myself out of doing the real deal. We have plenty of LC bread options here, but after a couple slices or servings, they cause, ahem, intestinal issues, so that's how I rationalize doing "real" carbs, go figure! Maybe I need to have a planned cheat-day, although there are 2 schools of thought about them. I know it's a YMMV thing, but hate that I haven't figured out what truly works for me after all this time, or maybe I just don't want it badly enough. Sigh.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:58 AM   #86
saltnpepper
Major LCF Poster!

Hi girls.

crazy so sorry to read about your dad's friend. I realize as I get older all my friends parents are dying.... it's getting closer. (my generation is next) I am sorry for his loss.

G2 and Better, I too really fall to the cravings. Chocolate is my downfall. Even if it is lower carb. It's not good for me in the quantities I eat. G2 I'm sure planning for it is better. Share your ideals. Please.

Better I don't know how you do it. I have 4 kids, 15 yrs apart. School has changed so much from the 1st one to the 4th one. Now I pick up my 3rd grade grand. Wow. Not only have the children changed, the parents are shocking. I see so many that look awful in a public place. I could go on and on.

Michelle your making progress every day!! WTG

Jeanne what's wrong with our weather? It was 79 yesterday and 48 today. Sounds like you did good with the mexican food.

Thank you for all the kind comments about Wilson. He is a handful. He puts everything in his mouth. Worse than a baby. I wonder if I can get him raised to adult hood. He is 6 mos old, and doesn't listen. Some days are worse than others. It makes me miss Pepper so much...... But he's cute. LOL

I'm just trying to eat clean right now. I too am doing baby steps Michelle.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:14 PM   #87
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Hello Friends,

Sorry for not being "chatty" but I have been busy working in my office! Gotta get this year end completed! And it's crunch time! I am also going on a girls trip to Mexico in a few weeks so I need to finish up January and February before I go! Oh, how I love bookkeeping! NOT!

My weight seems to have stabilized but that is how my body works....lose a bit, sit on the new weight for awhile, then drop again. It would be nice to drop a bit more so I have a cushion for my trip.

My father is planning to go back to Palm Springs or maybe Houston. He doesn't like walking past his friends condo and says he needs to get away. The funeral is today so it will be a tough day for him.

Going2: No "spring" here. We still have snow and they are calling for more! Good for you on de-cluttering. Tidying up stuff certainly makes a big impact; not just in freeing up space, but mentally, too. Good job!

better: Hang in there! You certainly have a stressful job. And stress eating happens to all of us. And if you gained 15 pounds...well, remember that one pound is 3500 calories so that would be 502500 calories and I bet you did not eat that many calories. Maybe your binge had more calories and carbs than usual but it is probably just water weight that our bodies need to cope with the carbs.

When I feel out of control, I like to soak in a bubble bath and then go to bed. I never eat in bed (or in the tub) so it keeps me away from food.

I take a magnesium bisglycinate capsule at night which seems to help with cramps, constipation and promotes sleep. I also drink hot water with pink Himalayan salt during the day. I use it as a substitute for broth but it also is supposed to help the body with electrolytes. The other thing that I am using is Himalayan Salt Sole. You should check it out on the web. One teaspoon in the morning, with an empty stomach. Supposed to have many benefits.

I do hope you can find some relief and get some sleep.

Shout out to Jeanne, Anna and Michelle. Hope you ladies are well.

Gotta get back to work!

Onward and downward!
Old 02-24-2018, 01:14 PM   #88
michelle204
Senior LCF Member

Hope everyone is fine. It's a beautiful winter day here in Winnipeg. -20 but super sunny. I have had a good week. I lost 5 lbs but we all know that is easy to do first week on any diet, but I'll take it. My new meds are lessening the hot flashes and allowing me to sleep a little better. They are making me thirsty so I am really drinking alot more water, but that's good. I am beginning to feel better by eating better so this has been a good week. Oh and I am back riding my bike everyday while watching the olympics. Crossing my fingers for a second good week to follow.

Have a great weekend ladies!
Old 02-25-2018, 12:35 PM   #89
jbatchelor
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle--WTG you are doing it!!! I had no doubt you would!! keep up the good work! 5 lbs is awesome!!! no matter water--it is going down the scale!!!

I have been painting in the basement today--will be doing a lot more--it is amazing what a better light shows up---I have ignored the basement for so long and it really shows!!! Tomorrow I will head up to Indy with my friend for her doctor appointment--we will go to trader joes' apparently? I haven't been there for years and it was mainly a walk through since I didn't know what was good and allowed...hopefully I will learn something tomorrow--anybody have any recommendations? My friend is now doing low carb and doing better than me for sure!!! but this will help lunch plans!!

I think we have mom's house sold--we are doing some updates required during the inspection and may close the end of March or first of April...that means packing and moving everything--so not looking forward to that--it has not been that long since we moved my friend---or at least it is still super fresh in my mind and body!!! I will be thrilled to get this last part done--this is the part I really dread..

it is cool again here today but the rain has finally quit--flooding everywhere it seems--thankfully I live in a dry area!!

I had an off day this week--I am trying to once again get into ketosis!!! will I ever learn? back on track but dang weekends are the hardest!!!

Crazy--I hate paperwork too--but I did get my papers to the tax man--hate these jobs that I dread the outcome too... It will surely get easier if the DH retires soon!

Anna--eating clean is good girl--can you try the Russell Stovers chocolate or the Atkins? they are really good but sometimes they give me a surprise in the bathroom later... hang in there..

Better and going2--how you doing girls? it is a work in progress for all of us...just keep on trying--that is our salvation!

time to watch a little tv with the DH-we have really enjoyed watching the Olympics this year--the bobsled, skeleton, and luge are my favorites but I also enjoy the halfpipe--didn't know that skis are also used there beside the snowboards--scary stuff.

have a good week friends as we head toward march and a new month!

Jeanne

~~A Course in Miracles~~
Old 02-25-2018, 03:19 PM   #90
Crazy1
Senior LCF Member

Hello My Friends,

Michelle: You are ! 5 pounds is fabulous! Glad that the hot flashes are lessening and that you are getting some sleep! And you are exercising....not me I should....but I haven't been. You go, girl!
Oh, you can keep the -20....we do have some snow but we don't want those cold temps!

Jeanne: Glad the house is almost sold but now you have the big job of packing up. Take your time....and remember to breathe. We don't have Trader Joe's so I don't what people buy....maybe google it????

I am still working in my office but I am getting closer to completion! Maybe a couple more days.....Hoping I can send it out on Wednesday.

Shout out to better, Anna and Going2.

Best whooshes to you all.

Onward and downward!

Last edited by Crazy1; 02-25-2018 at 03:20 PM..