Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 04-01-2018, 11:09 AM   #1
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 238.8/185/140
WOE: carb nite/ allergy free
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Thinner by the 4th of July!

This is a continuation of a challenge that started 1-1-2017. Anyone that would like to join us please jump in! All plans welcome and weigh in if you'd like. Just list your goal/ goals you'd like to achieve!

I'll be weighing but my goal is to go down in size. I'm generally in 12s now and would like to be in 10s or less! I'm also shooting for just 1 CN per week.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2018, 04:04 PM   #2
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/144.5/125 89" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF

Mick - Thanks for starting the new thread! I hope our old friends like Michelle & FindingMe pop in, as well as Gail & betterthanever, who we haven't seen in a while.

Sounds like a fun, packed week! Can't believe you had snow, but I did hear there was a storm across some parts of the country. The meme below reminded me of you. We were lucky to have a gorgeous, sunny, breezy 80 degree spring day, and I was so glad to finally get out of the house after being cooped up almost all of last week. Just lunch & the grocery store so nothing exciting, but nice nonetheless.

I wish I looked like a hot Hooters waitress in my tees. I just look like someone who doesn't need to be wearing her shirts that tight

That's a great goal! Do you have an ultimate size goal, or will you just know when you get there?

I would love to weigh less than 125 lbs. by July 4th, but 20 lbs. in just over 3 months may be pushing it for me. But I guess if I actually buckled down and stayed on plan I could get there, or close I also want all of my clothes to fit. The smallest size I have is a 6, but when I was that size I wanted to lose more, so we'll see.

Is this your house?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EasterEggs.jpg (31.7 KB, 8 views)
Dimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:54 AM   #3
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jessluvzbacon
Stats: 252/168/150
WOE: Mod carb 60-100g
Start Date: June 1, 2014

DH is sick, dd9 got sick, ds13 got it. I'm still well. And so is ds7. DD15 is still runny nosed but is feeling much much better.

Going to maintain for 2 weeks and then, ADF for about 6 weeks in pursuit, yet again, of getting my scale and body to cooperate.

Journal:http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=884031
jessluvzbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 05:40 PM   #4
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Back on task today and leaving the rest of my Easter basket and birthday cake alone. That frosting was talking to me so I had some peanut butter! I committed to 2 weeks on plan so thats that!

We are supposed to get a lot of snow. Im game! I still have paid snow days so bring it on!

I just realized after saying yes to out of town guests this weekend that we have 3 parties Sat night. Oops! I dont know if I mentioned that I got Greta Van Fleet tickets for my b day. Yeah! Its not until summer though. Right before the 4 days fest we always go too.

Todays eats:

coffee/ cottage cheese/snap peas

turkey and cheese on a smart bun / broccoli

chicken/ broccoli

dill pickle peanuts and peanut butter

Kind of an odd menu but it works! I do think it looks a little low on fat.

I have a recipe for low carb general taos Id like to try tomorrow over cauli rice

Dimply,
I hope they all pop in also! Tee hee that pic is funny! We could so do that!!! Im glad you got such nice weather to enjoy! Thats awesome!!! It sounds like a nice relaxing day

I do have a size goal. I have a few pairs of old jeans from 3-6 that all used to fit excellent. When I wore them my weight ranged from 132 to 144 during those 5 years. The heavier end was when I was doing some heavy lifting and was in fab shape. Only time in my life I gained weight with my clothes fitting better. When those fit Ill be there. I have a long way to go! You just might be able to hit that goal by July. No matter what you hit it will be fab! You have done so fabulous since we started this!!! Have you looked at side by side pics yet? Hey one thing about tight t shirts even if just in private. Its a great way to see our new shapes!

Jess,

Oh my goodness! Sending you lots of "sickie stay away vibes"! Im glad to hear you have not all gotten it and the 15 year old is getting better. I started poppingmy zinc yesterday. The oldest niece was here with a bad cold. Your poor family has really been through the ringer this winter.

What is ADF Jess? I picked up a beginner JM shred video along with another of hers and a yoga dvd. At the Dollar Tree of all places. As soon as my back stops its little tantrum Im trying the first one.

Have fabulous evening!
Old 04-03-2018, 09:53 AM   #5
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

Mick- Nice find!
ADF is Alternate Day Fasting. About 500ish cals on fast days, maintenance on eating days. I'll be doing a 4:3 (4 reg, 3 fasting)

Getting a scratchy throat, but otherwise ok still. I take zinc and C daily. I've been hitting the elderberry stuff, hoping that when I finally get it it wont last long.

Looking forward to my walk. I'm wearing shorts and sleeveless T to work on my tanning for sleeveless church dresses. Redneck tans don't look good with those.

Old 04-03-2018, 11:19 AM   #6
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

The heavens look like they are ready to open, but no rain is forecast until 8 tonight. But it's supposed to be a doozy of a storm; just hope we do not lose power for 8 hours like last Thursday.

I don't think I mentioned this, but it made me think. When we were in NOLA for Hazel's birthday last month, my stepmother told me that she could tell that I had lost a lot of weight since the last time she saw me (in Jan). I told her no, only 10 lbs., and she said, "that's a lot". I'm so used to having so much to lose that 10 lbs was just a small drop in the bucket, and also being a size that a 10 lbs loss (or gain) wasn't noticeable. Definitely a different perspective on things.

Mick - You are strong leaving cake & candy alone! I would have started my 2 week commitment after my birthday cake was gone

Did you get a snow day today?

Love Greta Van Fleet! They are so talented (& cute!). They will be here next month & I asked DH if he wanted to go, but he said no since they are playing a smallish venue & it will be too loud. He acts like such an old man sometimes

30 Day Shred is rough! My cousin recommended it to me, and after the 1st workout I texted her & told her I was texting with my eyelashes because that was the only part of my body that wasn't sore! It is good though. I'm going to have to dig out the DVD, despite not being a big fan of JM.

Jess - What will maintenance look like for you these next 2 weeks? Hope everyone is feeling better, and that you do not get sick!

yesterday:
B - coffee w/hwc & Toranis
D - chicken sauteed in olive oil; lettuce & tomato salad w/Italian dressing
Sn - cheese & pickles

Here are a couple of pics of Hazel from Easter. She had crawfish & liked it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HazelEaster1.jpg (23.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg HazelEaster2.jpg (34.4 KB, 6 views)
Old 04-03-2018, 06:06 PM   #7
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Howdy! We got a snow day and it is still falling. Dh has done the driveway 3 times. Wow and we had tulips starting to push up just a week ago. Now it looks like a darn Christmas card again.

I tried a new recipe for low cagn General tso's chicken. It was pretty good!

I tried to log into Amazon and found I am one of thousand that has had their accounts closed with no explanation in the last few days. Called 2 reps and they said it was TOS violation. What I shop too much? I wore out the Postman? I found several online groups for this and everyone is being told TOS. Gee I have several paid services and thousand in books and music being held hostage. GRRRR

Today eats:

bacon and eggs with broccoli

turkey and cheese on a smart bun with celery and tomato

general tso's on caulif rice

dreamy shake

DIMPLY,
Gosh Hazel is just a little cutie!! I love her little bunny outfit! Now if a 1 year old can try crawfish I have no excuse!

Your right 10 pounds is a big amount as body weight is at your level. Great you realized it

I did do Shred years ago and it is brutal. Imhoping beginner shred is not the same. If so Ill be crying when I sit again

GVF is at a smaller Venu about 90 min away. Standing only. So was the show we saw last Sat. Dh doesnt love that stuff either but will go. I hear you on theold man stuff! Mine wants to go out at 6 and be home by LOL Got to love em! I have a feeling those guys are going to be big one day. Then the tickets will be big bucks. I wanted to see Metallica but refuse to pay 400 for a standing ticket.

I thought about you and your omad earlier. I was reading an article about people who had great result changing the timing of OMAD and fast days just a tiny bit to shock the system. Your a great loser but something to file if you stall.

Jess,

Thanks for explaing what that all means and how you do it! I hope it works great for you!

Oh no on your scratchy throat. I hope it leaves quick and doesnt lead to anything else. I read something once about elderberry and coughs but dont know much about it.

Tee hee I just scared the dog laughing about your redneck tan and church dresses. I hope you enjoyed your walk. Its got to be nice weather.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:57 AM   #8
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

Dimply- maintenance just looks like me getting to eat more than 1400 cal a day during the week. I'm just under 5'10" and I don't eat back exercise calories. So it's wearing to go to bed hungry every night despite a snack and to be hungry throughout a lot of the day.

Mick- oops. Poor puppy!
Sorry about Amazon. What are they thinking?

It was a nice walk but a little overcast so I didn't get much sun. Sigh...hopefully more sun soon. Today is rain and then cloudy and cooler. Got woken by a crazy storm last night at 3am. Between the wind and the rain and DH I just slept poorly all around. Sigh...I'm nice and cranky today. And the littles are being extra squirrelly today. ugh!

Old 04-04-2018, 01:51 PM   #9
2f2f
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 2f2f
Stats: 256.5/256.5/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01/02/2013
I would like to join this challenge. I started on March 12th. So far I have not lost any weight but my goal is to be down 20 pounds by July 4th. I am currently exercising 5 days a week and keeping my carbs below 20. I will try and post eand be supportive every day.

Starting weight: 256.5
Old 04-04-2018, 06:15 PM   #10
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Howdy howdy! Ate like a starved dog today bit stayed on plan. No clue why I'm so hungry. Oh well not fighting it. Last night I was seriously up 4 times losing water. I fell back asleep fast each time which is amazing for me. Usually if I get woke up it's an hour to 2 to go back to sleep.

I had tweaked my back a bit Monday and it is starting to behave again. Still can't sit comfortably but that's a problem even though Jen it is behaving. I can't complain. For all the damage to my disks I do pretty darn well. I'm lucky

I tried another new recipe called peanut popper chicken. Not to bad. Dh wasn't thrilled with it.

Jess, I'm so sorry to hear you didn't sleep well. That makes for a long day. Hope you get more sleep tonight. That sounds low for maintenance calories but I'm probably way way off.

Monica, great to have you join us! I'm sure you will do great. What do you like to do for exercise? I like to walk outside but it was 28 today.

Dimply, Howdy! Hope your day went well!

Coffee/ leftover chicken

Yogurt with seeds

Taco salad

Seeds/ ninety percent dark chocolate

Popper chicken

Peanuts
Old 04-05-2018, 03:01 AM   #11
dumpling
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dumpling
Just started last Monday (March 25th).

Already not happy, lol.

Starting Weight: 190
Current Weight: 185
Goal Weight: 130

I did Atkins 10 years ago and was able to drop down to 119, but I went back to my old ways of eating and gained it all back and then some.

That was pre-menopause, so I'm sure it's gonna be harder this time around. :/

It also doesn't help that everyone around me is telling me to stop trying low carb and just "eat sensibly".

Apparently I must be the only one on the planet who is food addicted and can't "eat sensibly" w/o feeling like I'm starving.

Thanks for having a "safe" place to get advice, get/give encouragement, and vent.
dumpling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:52 AM   #12
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

2f2f & dumpling!!! Glad you have joined us! This is a great place for support & advice.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:56 AM   #13
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

Mick- Those were my deficit cals during the week. I'm eating a tad over 1700 on weekdays in maintenance and the rest go to my higher cal weekends.
The universe is obsessed with keeping me from getting enough sleep, I tell ya!

Dumpling- Welcome. There are 2 kinds of people: moderators and abstainers, according to Gretchen Rubin. Abstainers find they can't moderate at all, so they "abstain" from the trigger foods. That's the only way they can be successful. My husband is a moderator. I'm an abstainer. So I completely feel you. Moderators aren't able to understand us. They are unable to fathom since their brains work differently. "Why can't you just..." um...because we "can't" we are unable to.

I never understand why everyone has to be each other's food police... I mind my own biz about what I eat. I don't make comments about others' chosen intake. Unless they ask me, too.

Old 04-05-2018, 09:58 AM   #14
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

NOOOOO!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/an...nt.php?f=&a=74
Read it and weep.

Old 04-05-2018, 01:34 PM   #15
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/165...165/155
WOE: Atkins/fasting
Start Date: Feb 2014
Hi All! Finally catching up with everything. I'm on Easter break this week...thank the Lord! This has been an extremely stressful school year...enough that I would consider changing careers if I could find something that would pay as well! Sigh. I sure needed this break. My eating has been on and off for weeks now...I get ahold of myself and do well for a bit, then the stress kicks in and I binge. I decided to fast over my break. Wasn't sure it would work, cuz you know, home, food is right there, etc...but it's almost 4 days now and I'm holding strong. Going til tomorrow evening, then eating over the weekend. Hoping I won't binge, which has been a bit of a trend. But at least I've kept myself from eating too much while home! I changed up my magnesium/potassium/sodium regime, and FINALLY don't have leg cramps while fasting! What a relief!
Trying to do some crafting and reorganizing this week, so I feel like I've had a break. Both dd's want me to come visit them (each an hour away) and I SHOULD visit my parents (also an hour away, but they are 86 and 91 so I don't know how much longer I'll have them around), but I just feel like staying home and relaxing. Only a few days left of my break, so I'm not sure what I'll do.
Glad you guys are still around. My "Thinner by Easter" didn't happen either, but at least I'm no heavier!! :-) We are going on a HUGE trip (for us) in mid-June, to Universal Studios in Florida. I need to fit back comfortably into my bathing suits for that, so I'm trying to keep that in my sights whenever the urge to eat comes. I'm only about 10 lbs up from my lowest, but that 10 lbs really makes a difference. Weird how it feels like nothing when you are 265, but shows a big change when you are 175.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:50 PM   #16
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my goodness!! I just saw the announcement that they are shutting down our boards on June 1st! I am SO bummed! Do you think it would work if we started a Facebook group?? I don't want to lose the support that has always been there for me through these pages. I have lots of FB groups I'm on, but most of them are way too big to get to know people like we do here. :-(
Old 04-05-2018, 06:44 PM   #17
dumpling
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dumpling
And I just got started.
dumpling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 06:09 AM   #18
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Howdy! Sorry I didn't make it in here last night. We had the sweet little grandson! Of course I never put him down

Yesterdays eats:

2 eggs with bacon and tomato

beef with sweet potato and cauliflower

yogurt

left over chicken

dreamy shake

OH No I just read Betters Post! We could start a private FB group for our challenge. I like FB groups too but they are huge. I do belong to two private ones and run the one. LOL its small so easy to run. Its actually a finance group. If you do want a private group set up just let me know. Its simply setting it up and emailing invites. I for one would love it as then I could share pics. I dont want to lose you ladies support. I would still be 238 without you!

Better, sounds like you sure have a lot going on. Sometimes you just have to take time for just you. That trip sure sounds exciting! I didnt really get thinner for Easter either. But not gaining is a BIG WIN!

Jess, that is interesting about moderators and abstainers! Oh im glad to see the higher weekend calories. I was a bit worried.

Dumpling, Welcome! Im glad you joined us! Oh no your not the only one. We are all wired differently. Those just eat sensibly folks need to shush.

2F2F, Thanks for joining us! Im sorry I missed welcoming you before! Great job on the exercise!
Old 04-06-2018, 06:29 AM   #19
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

I don't do FB. But I'll be in here till the end.

There is another low-carb forum I am a member of that works similarly.
Google "active low-carber forums". Despite the name, it isn't as active as this one but I have a couple friends.

Old 04-06-2018, 06:37 AM   #20
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Jess I used to do that one at one time . I quit going when a certain member way back was totally on attack for trying something different. Couldnt do a thing as she was a mod. That one is also quite slow. I remember 10 years ago when there were so many posts you couldnt keep up on the low carb forums. I think it is hard for forums to compete with resources like FB and the ability to make private groups and open huge groups for free. Oh this just makes me sad
Old 04-06-2018, 06:49 AM   #21
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post
Jess I used to do that one at one time . I quit going when a certain member way back was totally on attack for trying something different. Couldnt do a thing as she was a mod. That one is also quite slow. I remember 10 years ago when there were so many posts you couldnt keep up on the low carb forums. I think it is hard for forums to compete with resources like FB and the ability to make private groups and open huge groups for free. Oh this just makes me sad
They are all discussing ways we can stay together here:
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=892378

Old 04-06-2018, 07:03 AM   #22
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

I saw that Jess. Its sad but it was a good run. I've been coming since 2009 sniff sniff and lurked long before that. Gracious i thought being one of the thousands locked out of Amazon sucks. I think this is worse

Last edited by Mick6; 04-06-2018 at 07:05 AM..
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 04:32 PM   #23
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

I can't believe LCF is closing I will register at activelowcarb, and I am up for a private FB challenge. So depressing.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:15 AM   #24
jessluvzbacon
Major LCF Poster!

I'm "jessdamess" over at Active Low Carbers.

Old 04-07-2018, 04:04 PM   #25
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

They are trying to preserve the recipes from this site. If you can help, go to
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=887612
Old 04-07-2018, 04:05 PM   #26
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

I just ended my 5 day fast. VERY slowly adding back low carb food. It's been tough to get it in today! Hoping I've curbed the binge cycle I've been on. This week, when I go back to my stressful job, will tell...
Old 04-08-2018, 07:27 AM   #27
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Howdy. Hope you all are having a good weekend. If the consensus on the other side maybe I can create a new user. Even though I had a bad experience there years ago doesn't mean it the same now.

Wow Better that is a long fast! Good for you.

I did see a post on someone saying they could start a new forum. I guess we will just have to see where it all goes by June.
Old 04-08-2018, 05:59 PM   #28
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

My goal is also to move into size 10's. It's only about 10 lbs away...I've got the clothes, and I've been there before, although it has been a while! I did my refeed this weekend, and it went pretty well. I had a little struggle this evening with "ooh, I'd better eat this because I won't be able to after today," but it wasn't awful. And I've been able to "shut it off." So I feel like I'm in a better place than I've been in a while. Tomorrow I'm going to try to fast again. If it's too hard for me, emotionally or physically, I will back off and do low carb. In a way, I'm hoping this will be something I do FOR ME this week, as I go back to school which has been terribly stressful this year. Maybe if I can keep fasting, I can feel like I'm doing something positive no matter how rotten the week is. Here's hoping.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:19 AM   #29
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Better that is fabulous news about the forum! Ill go sign up. I had a bad experience at the other forum for trying something non LC years ago. I really got blasted badly and by a mod. I re-read their TOS yesterday. For me it has to be a new forum or a FB group I guess.

Glad you did good with the refeed. If fasting makes you feel good and in control thats fabulous. Im so sorry your having such a stressful school year.

I had my CN last night. So thats it until next Sunday at the shower.

Jess and Dimply~ Howdy!

Last edited by Mick6; 04-09-2018 at 07:23 AM..
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:26 AM   #30
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

I registered and activated. I see a lot of familiar names but cant see threads yet. This is really neat we can get a new home