mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down
WOE: exercise and finger crossing
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
WEDNESDAY's ROLL CALL, SEPT. 13

Good Night, friends.

Hope everyone can sleep ok, power stays on and phone working soon.

I'm tired tonight. See everyone in the morning! ❤️

Still biding my time.........
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2017, 08:06 AM   #2
Liblady
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 110 lbs. 4'11
WOE: nothing definite
Start Date: May '11
Off to hospital today, I'm happy about that. Been in since Saturday. Our town now has power and I believe the hospital has power as well, off of generators. Just so amazing this little area never lost power.

Working with my friend who hasn't had wifi/power since Sunday. She's not too thrilled. We're going out for dinner after hospital.

Didn't hear from ex-husband this morning like I have been, so darn........thought maybe a nice friendship might develop from that.

Hey regarding the hives.......since I'm still taking steroids (one a day) and claritin and singulair I haven't seen the first one. I think we're on the right track. Got 2 more steroids to take, then the real test, ha. And yes, unfortunately putting on a few pounds.

Have a good day all.
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:33 AM   #3
ocali
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ocali
I'm exhausted! Spent yesterday gathering most of the branches and other debris and added to pile my grandson in-law started before they left for home to fort Myers. Took them five plus hours but at least they got there.
Our park has already picked up all the debris on our street. I don't know about the rest of the park. I haven't left here yet. All is well except I still don't have phone working. Everyone else on street have working phones. D--n T-Mobile! I even did a wash this morning and will have another tomorrow.
BBL
Old 09-13-2017, 09:45 AM   #4
mykneesareback

Ginny and Julie, good morning !!

Ginny, glad the routine is "normalizing" where you are. Going to the hospital, did you notice gas prices higher? Ours has gone up and stayed up! Hope your friend's power gets going soon, so many areas to repair! Enjoy your dinner out. Glad the Meds are working and maybe got the allergic reaction out of your body.

Julie, I'll bet that cleaning up job would surely make a person pooped!! More exercise than you bargained for. What a bummer your phone is not working still. Do you mean your computer won't let you online to T-Mobil to ask about it from customer service? T-Mobil might be on Facebook.

Josh didn't need to go in yet, so he is installing lights on his car, so when he delivers Amazon, lights flash so his car doesn't get hit.....

Back to chores....bidding Good Day to everyone.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:55 AM   #5
SuSUN
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/142/125 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LCF 02/2002
Good Wednesday ALL,

So glad to hear that things are normalizing somewhat. Still so many without power or WiFi. South Florida reckons they will have some areas back on by weekend hopefully.
It all takes patience.

Julie, Glad you were able to do a wash at least. Whew! on that pick up chore.
Well Done!

Ginny, Yes your little area was lucky that you didn't lose power. Good for you getting back to your volunteer work already. Bravo! Great news on the hives.

Doris, Oh yes, that is important that Josh has those flashing lights to protect his truck. Did he have a chuckle when he say the mail lady and the turkey? Or was he too tired to even look at it. Clever boy being able to do all that tinkering with electronics.

Whew! I am feeling back to normal around here too, now the brunt of the storm has passed.
I apologize if I was de compressing on here the last few days.

Gorgeous weather we are having really strange. Sunny days.
It is 77F right now and a lovely sunny day with a clear blue sky like our summer should have been. A high of 81F today. It was in the 50sF this morning and I did see my first V formation of the Geese flying South. I guess they know what's coming.

Babette, I see the 'Durrells in Corfu' are back, starting tonight on CBC if you can get that channel. It looks like it might be the season we already saw last year. I'll check it out to see if its season two or not.

Loretta, Low and behold, I still have sprigs of green coming up like shoots of grass and I can see in the centre the baby spinach beginning to form. I did lose quite a bit with the critter disturbance but some are still coming. Yay! My first time and it has worked. Thanks to all of you on here for your encouragement.

Waving to Michele and All that follow...
Old 09-13-2017, 11:31 AM   #6
Loretta V
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119/120
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Happy to hear that you gals are getting back in a routine. Clean up and going forward.

Doris is Josh installing the lights on the usps car? Just wondering why they don't do that for their people or does that belong to Amazon? Just curious.

Susan so happy that you have some seeds sprouting. You are on the way with your first spinach crop. My little seeds are coming up but I planted some more because some of the seeds just did not come up.

My new 5" zinnia plants should have flowers soon, I see the little buds forming.
Still raining here on and off today.

Maintaining 118/122 **** 15 YEARS
WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:02 PM   #7
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: Restart 2/16/14 171/157.4/130, 2/2/15 166.6/163.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Good morning,

Susan, thank you. We get CBC, but it does not show up in regular TV guide. As we are away, I have no way to record it unless I can figure out how to do it via the Internet.

Thank heavens the extreme heat has broken here in northern Idaho. I am exhausted as I find it hard to sleep, despite relatively cool night and air conditioning.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:20 PM   #8
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: Restart 2/16/14 171/157.4/130, 2/2/15 166.6/163.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Susan, I figured out how to manage our DVR remotely, and instructed it to record the Durrell, but according to TV guide, CBC is repeating Season 1 Episode 1 tonight!

Would CBC in eastern Canada show different shows than CBC IN western Canada?
Old 09-13-2017, 02:19 PM   #9
mykneesareback

Loretta, the way this job works with Josh, he is mail carrier and if there is an inundation of Amazon stuff, he is put on package delivery, but Amazon requires you use your personal vehicle and they pay mileage, so he put the special lights on his car, an SUV Jeep. They expect a lot more stuff coming through as it gets closer to holidays, and you can choose to work on Sunday, too.

Babette, PBS stations everywhere choose when they want to show stuff. When we lived in SF Bay Area and San Jose, they had different programming than Sacramento and Fresno or Redding, it's based on ratings, like every other channel. Some of the "poorer" PBS channels waited for certain series to be shown once or even twice before they showed them, because the price for rights went down.....some areas across America don't get so much money from viewers. Here Dallas seems to do ok, but I don't know how well Austin does, or Oklahoma City, New Orleans, etc. The most popular shows are very expensive.

That's why when they have those weeks when they ask for money, different cities play different types of shows, that will gain them more viewers. I'm looking forward to see the Vietnam series, some places won't see that until January. Plus November Sweeps is coming......