Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Stillman's
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Forum Jump
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2017, 02:25 PM   #91
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,568
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Down .2 today. I am sore from all the work yesterday. Today I am doing laundry. Fun fun. Our rain and wind is suppose to hit about 5 now. School is letting out 2 hours early so less peace and quiet.



Sounds like a good time! I do not care for dippin dots so they would not have tempted me either.
I really love being in a quiet house and reeeeally needed it today. I feel like I need a rest from my weekend...

Great job with seeing a drop after the weekend! That is always a good sign I think!
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147
deanslist is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2017, 02:31 PM   #92
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,568
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
I've felt out of sorts today... first of all my stomach was not right and I think it's because of all the broccoli, cauli, and carrots I ate at dinner last night. My system is not used to so much veg!

I brought Hard boiled eggs to work, but I hate eating them in front of my intern so I didn't eat til I left at 3 pm. I was ravenous and had 4 on the drive home. She probably thinks I have an eating disorder since she never sees me eat! Today she was with me from 8 am on and never saw me eat a thing.. lol.. she ate her lunch and I just sat and drank sparkling ice. I even dumped some of it on her notebook, because I'm awkward like that! lol I think it will be turkey tomorrow.

I'm battling a cold too Michelle.. my head feels really stuffed and horrible. I hate taking cold meds or pills.. so sensitive to any type of meds, i usually get wired and stomach upset so I'm really trying to tough it out.

Sorry I'm kind of a whiner today about all my ailments.. lol. At least my eating is back on track!
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147

Last edited by deanslist; 09-11-2017 at 02:36 PM..
deanslist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:12 PM   #93
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Today has been rough I have wanted to graze on food all day long, so that is exactly what I did. Mostly on cloud bread with a little cream cheese with cinnamon. Nothing too major it's just more than I usually do. Hopefully it doesn't affect the scale tomorrow morning. Tomorrow is my 2-week mark.
__________________
Ashley~
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:11 PM   #94
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Had a big salad for dinner. Dressing probably had sugar in it. Going to try to be strict tomorrow. Get back to it before this water weight becomes permanent. I had Doritos for lunch, good grief. At least I could taste them! Feel like I blew it, but I wouldn't have if I didn't feel so crappy. There was a few other bad things in there but I won't go into the nasty details. I hope it doesn't take a week to get it all off, then I will really be upset with myself. Clearly I'm not trustworthy to go off plan for just one meal. That led to 2 days off plan and getting sick. I think it's the same bug Violet had for a couple days that she was feverish and cranky with. I'll see you guys in the morning hopefully in gear and ready to go!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:46 AM   #95
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Hello peeps, it's been a while. Back on the Stillman train as of tomorrow. Hope eveyone is well... Al, I got your email, did you get my reply? Hope you're good friend. Is Mim around? Guess, I'll have to read some posts. August looks busy!!!

Looking forward to catching up with everyone, I'm doing a three week run, then break, then run again for three weeks... I Want these pounds gone by Xmas! Christmas is gonna be good for me this year... New body, New clothes, new lips... yes, you read the last one right. ����The procedure will be a reward to myself for getting to goal.
Much love moi moi ��������
Makeme x

Last edited by makemeslim; 09-12-2017 at 02:48 AM..
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:18 AM   #96
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
2 weeks! I lost 3.4lbs this week. I am pretty happy with that number.

Last night the strong winds hit us and knocked over my GIANT willow tree. I have not seen it in the light of day yet but we heard it fall and can see it laying across our back yard. Im gutted about it. It was the biggest most beautiful willow I had ever seen. I can't imagine my yard without it.
__________________
Ashley~
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:24 AM   #97
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Had a big salad for dinner. Dressing probably had sugar in it. Going to try to be strict tomorrow. Get back to it before this water weight becomes permanent. I had Doritos for lunch, good grief. At least I could taste them! Feel like I blew it, but I wouldn't have if I didn't feel so crappy. There was a few other bad things in there but I won't go into the nasty details. I hope it doesn't take a week to get it all off, then I will really be upset with myself. Clearly I'm not trustworthy to go off plan for just one meal. That led to 2 days off plan and getting sick. I think it's the same bug Violet had for a couple days that she was feverish and cranky with. I'll see you guys in the morning hopefully in gear and ready to go!
We have all done it many times. Don't beat yourself up. Let it make you stronger the next time you get back on plan. Hopefully today!
That 5 day to one week bounce back is why I have decided that I have to stay on Stillman for 3 weeks minimum. It is hard to make progress when only on for 2 weeks.
__________________
Ashley~
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:28 AM   #98
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Quote:
Originally Posted by makemeslim View Post
Hello peeps, it's been a while. Back on the Stillman train as of tomorrow. Hope eveyone is well... Al, I got your email, did you get my reply? Hope you're good friend. Is Mim around? Guess, I'll have to read some posts. August looks busy!!!

Looking forward to catching up with everyone, I'm doing a three week run, then break, then run again for three weeks... I Want these pounds gone by Xmas! Christmas is gonna be good for me this year... New body, New clothes, new lips... yes, you read the last one right. ����The procedure will be a reward to myself for getting to goal.
Much love moi moi ��������
Makeme x
Hey MMS. Good to see you back! Mim hasn't been around. Maybe she will pop in soon.
Sounds like you have a nice reward set up. I could use some work on a few parts but I am can't stand medical anything. I will just grow old gracefully and let gravity take over.
__________________
Ashley~
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:00 AM   #99
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!
 
betterthanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,392
Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/168...168/155
WOE: Atkins/fasting
Start Date: Feb 2014
Well, it took four days but I'm down another pound. I'm just glad the scale continues to move. When I was in my twenties, this was my set point. I've gone below it a few times, only when I've been doing low carb. I've been eating the same thing for two weeks now, except for two meals. I'm scared to change anything because this is working. Good thing I don't mind having the same food day after day! I can tell my clothes are fitting better, and I swear I see a change in my face too. In the last 2 years I've gotten down about 10 lb lower than I am right now, but always bounced right back up. I'm really praying that I can stick this out and make it work.
__________________
100 lbs lost!
betterthanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:03 AM   #100
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Hey MMS. Good to see you back! Mim hasn't been around. Maybe she will pop in soon.
Sounds like you have a nice reward set up. I could use some work on a few parts but I am can't stand medical anything. I will just grow old gracefully and let gravity take over.
Hey BrattyS, so sorry to hear about your tree. At least no-one got hurt.

I'm going to email Mim, hope she's OK.

Yep, I've been thinking about permalip for a couple of years now... I'm excited to do it. It is certainly scary to have work on your face done. I'm researching the best doctors so I've got the best chance of a good result. I will still grow old gracefully but with a little help. I was looking at Mimi Kirk and Annette Larkins! They look Amazing for their age. Both are vegetarian... I might give up meat after Stillmans.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:08 AM   #101
makemeslim
Major LCF Poster!
 
makemeslim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,553
Gallery: makemeslim
Stats: 194/184/140 5ft 11
WOE: Stillman's QWL/South Beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanever View Post
Well, it took four days but I'm down another pound. I'm just glad the scale continues to move. When I was in my twenties, this was my set point. I've gone below it a few times, only when I've been doing low carb. I've been eating the same thing for two weeks now, except for two meals. I'm scared to change anything because this is working. Good thing I don't mind having the same food day after day! I can tell my clothes are fitting better, and I swear I see a change in my face too. In the last 2 years I've gotten down about 10 lb lower than I am right now, but always bounced right back up. I'm really praying that I can stick this out and make it work.
Hello
Congratulations! I do that a lot... stick to the same meal until I'm sick of it. Then I move on to something else and do the same. Glad you are getting good results, keep it up.
makemeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:13 AM   #102
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,568
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Hey everyone! Good to see you MMS! I hear a lot about you I am sure you'll have great success with your three week plan. New lips.. how exciting! Tell me more!

I was happy with the way my day went yesterday - even though I was feeling like crap and it was hard to perform with the intern. If she hadn't been with me, I would've been tempted to close my office door and take a nap. I've done it before... it was just one of those days where my head felt like it was in a tunnel and my nose was so stuffed up. I made it through, though- and things always look brighter on Tuesday! Ended the day with 900 cals and 23 carbs so that was a good correction day to balance out the weekend. I managed to get my workout in too... I don't want to break the streak. After that I caught the end of the Vikings game and it was nice to see my team win for once! I am a long suffering Vikings fan.. haha

Still not feeling 100%... I had 2 HB eggs for breakfast while making DD7's bagel. It smelled so good, but bagels are never part of my menu. She said, "Mom don't you wish you were a kid again?" LOL

Off to work.. I'm trying to be 'done' drinking coffee for the day now that I've had my morning cups. Have a great day, all.
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147
deanslist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:30 AM   #103
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Feeling better, just a sore throat left, so no excuses. I certainly have enough food prepared in the fridge.

Yes 2 weeks between indiscretions is not enough time, just not enough progress made to make the water weight gain worth it. So gotta cut it down to once a month. That means no girls night until around the 14th, not the beginning of next month. Okay that's the plan. I did hit the water hard last night to start flushing. And one is gone this morning.

Welcome back MMS!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:31 AM   #104
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
Hey everyone! Good to see you MMS! I hear a lot about you I am sure you'll have great success with your three week plan. New lips.. how exciting! Tell me more!

I was happy with the way my day went yesterday - even though I was feeling like crap and it was hard to perform with the intern. If she hadn't been with me, I would've been tempted to close my office door and take a nap. I've done it before... it was just one of those days where my head felt like it was in a tunnel and my nose was so stuffed up. I made it through, though- and things always look brighter on Tuesday! Ended the day with 900 cals and 23 carbs so that was a good correction day to balance out the weekend. I managed to get my workout in too... I don't want to break the streak. After that I caught the end of the Vikings game and it was nice to see my team win for once! I am a long suffering Vikings fan.. haha

Still not feeling 100%... I had 2 HB eggs for breakfast while making DD7's bagel. It smelled so good, but bagels are never part of my menu. She said, "Mom don't you wish you were a kid again?" LOL

Off to work.. I'm trying to be 'done' drinking coffee for the day now that I've had my morning cups. Have a great day, all.
Vikings had a good game. And they helped me win the football pool! Yay Vikings!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:16 PM   #105
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Feeling better, just a sore throat left, so no excuses. I certainly have enough food prepared in the fridge.

Yes 2 weeks between indiscretions is not enough time, just not enough progress made to make the water weight gain worth it. So gotta cut it down to once a month. That means no girls night until around the 14th, not the beginning of next month. Okay that's the plan. I did hit the water hard last night to start flushing. And one is gone this morning.

Welcome back MMS!
You can do it! I have 2 more weeks left of my 4 weeks stint. It wont be easy but the end result is worth it.
__________________
Ashley~
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:04 PM   #106
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
You can do it! I have 2 more weeks left of my 4 weeks stint. It wont be easy but the end result is worth it.
You are doing fab. I'm going to follow right behind ya! Feeling even better as the day goes by and back on plan. Getting water in, food is on point.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:21 PM   #107
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
I had two of my cinnamon cloud breads with cinnamon cream cheese. They are all gone now. Sad but a good thing... I can't stop at just one and could lead to me getting out of hand. It was yummy while it lasted.
__________________
Ashley~
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:58 AM   #108
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,568
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Morning, everyone. Computer is acting wonky so I wouldn't be surprised if it deletes this post so I won't put too much effort into it. lol. Yesterday was another pretty good day where I ended at 1275 cals and 35 carbs. Carbs would've been a lot lower had I not had the arctic zero before bed. I should be saving it for weekends but I just needed.. something. Something other than eggs. LOL. Anyway, at least I didn't 'fall into a nut bowl' as Michelle puts it.. haha.

I am 'working on' my coffee issues.. yesterday was ok, I did have one from Holiday after dropping the kids off, and then one cup later in the afternoon. My bigger issue is Starbucks, and I haven't been there in 4 days so that's good. I usually just get the cold brew iced coffee but still it's $4 a pop and that adds up.

Nothing much else to report... I didn't do my workout last night -- I have no really good excuse other than both DD's had projects due for school and I felt bad leaving DH with all that while I went to work out. I need to plan better. I will use Friday (which is supposed to be a rest day) as 'make up' to get myself back on track.

I'm glad it's Wed and a bit lighter load at work today, Mon and Tues were slammin with clients (both groups were 13 people and the afternoons filled with assessments and individual sessions). Today I will be able to leave at 2.

We are having some friends from up north come to stay with us Friday night (along with their 4 kids) so I'm looking forward to seeing them. The guy has been DH's friend for many many years.. he used to have a terrible alcohol problem however I think he has been sober like 20 years now and pastors a very small church in a tiny town of about 350 people (Swanville, MN - highly doubt anyone has heard of it, lol). It's always so fun to see them and pick his brain about recovery and theology. Fri night we will BBQ but I'm not sure about Saturday yet. The fall corn maze in our area is open now so that's an idea. Hopefully I won't do too much damage on the food front!
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147

Last edited by deanslist; 09-13-2017 at 05:04 AM..
deanslist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:04 AM   #109
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Down .6 I really like this roll by body is on. I plan to ride it! I know sooner or later the weight loss will stall and I will be frustrated and forget how good it has been.

Going to try and finish the attic today so the kids play room as more floor space than a walking path.

I think tree removal will start tomorrow... Not looking forward to that.
__________________
Ashley~
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:27 AM   #110
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,568
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Down .6 I really like this roll by body is on. I plan to ride it! I know sooner or later the weight loss will stall and I will be frustrated and forget how good it has been.

Going to try and finish the attic today so the kids play room as more floor space than a walking path.

I think tree removal will start tomorrow... Not looking forward to that.
You're doing so great! I need to try that cloud bread...
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147
deanslist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:25 AM   #111
awillia3288
Junior LCF Member
 
awillia3288's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 47
Gallery: awillia3288
Stats: 195/152/135 5'7
WOE: Stillman's QWL
Start Date: 5/5/2014 restart 1/1/15
Jumping in almost halfway through September! Better late than never �� Trying to keep it by the book Stillmans until my goal of 135 is met... I weighed in at 154.2 this AM... I do have a LOT of bloat, so I'm thinking it's about 12-15 lbs of real weight to lose.
Day 1 meals planned:
Chicken with Franks
Egg salad with mustard only
More chicken with Franks
And a TON of water

Boring but I know from experience it works!
awillia3288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:34 AM   #112
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrattyS View Post
Down .6 I really like this roll by body is on. I plan to ride it! I know sooner or later the weight loss will stall and I will be frustrated and forget how good it has been.

Going to try and finish the attic today so the kids play room as more floor space than a walking path.

I think tree removal will start tomorrow... Not looking forward to that.
Cleaning up downed trees is a huge job. Are you guys doing it? Great exercise! We cleaned one up last year. Will be taking down a couple more ourselves in the next few years, they are rotten and in the way of where I want to put a covered BBQ area next to the fire pit.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:43 AM   #113
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanslist View Post
Morning, everyone. Computer is acting wonky so I wouldn't be surprised if it deletes this post so I won't put too much effort into it. lol. Yesterday was another pretty good day where I ended at 1275 cals and 35 carbs. Carbs would've been a lot lower had I not had the arctic zero before bed. I should be saving it for weekends but I just needed.. something. Something other than eggs. LOL. Anyway, at least I didn't 'fall into a nut bowl' as Michelle puts it.. haha.

I am 'working on' my coffee issues.. yesterday was ok, I did have one from Holiday after dropping the kids off, and then one cup later in the afternoon. My bigger issue is Starbucks, and I haven't been there in 4 days so that's good. I usually just get the cold brew iced coffee but still it's $4 a pop and that adds up.

Nothing much else to report... I didn't do my workout last night -- I have no really good excuse other than both DD's had projects due for school and I felt bad leaving DH with all that while I went to work out. I need to plan better. I will use Friday (which is supposed to be a rest day) as 'make up' to get myself back on track.

I'm glad it's Wed and a bit lighter load at work today, Mon and Tues were slammin with clients (both groups were 13 people and the afternoons filled with assessments and individual sessions). Today I will be able to leave at 2.

We are having some friends from up north come to stay with us Friday night (along with their 4 kids) so I'm looking forward to seeing them. The guy has been DH's friend for many many years.. he used to have a terrible alcohol problem however I think he has been sober like 20 years now and pastors a very small church in a tiny town of about 350 people (Swanville, MN - highly doubt anyone has heard of it, lol). It's always so fun to see them and pick his brain about recovery and theology. Fri night we will BBQ but I'm not sure about Saturday yet. The fall corn maze in our area is open now so that's an idea. Hopefully I won't do too much damage on the food front!
Corn maze sounds like a blast, haven't been to one in years. Hope your work schedule holds and you get out by 2:00. Good job on the coffee front. And eat at work, scared it might be setting you up for over doing it after you get out of work since your so hungry by then. Besides she probably already thinks your weird your food choices aren't going to change that! take an omelette, no one thinks that's weird. Just a concerned friend.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:03 AM   #114
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Remembered the electrical inspection guy is coming at 8:30. Had to go chase DH down. Chicken on the menu today. All day probably but I have a bag of shrimp pulled out in case I can't face the cluck! Violet just left for gramma greats so I have the whole glorious morning to find something to do. I've made no progress on that yet I'll enjoy my coffee at least...

And a big back to awillia!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:29 AM   #115
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
The probably with attic cleaning is constantly being bent over so you don't whack your head on a board. I had to take a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awillia3288 View Post
Jumping in almost halfway through September! Better late than never �� Trying to keep it by the book Stillmans until my goal of 135 is met... I weighed in at 154.2 this AM... I do have a LOT of bloat, so I'm thinking it's about 12-15 lbs of real weight to lose.
Day 1 meals planned:
Chicken with Franks
Egg salad with mustard only
More chicken with Franks
And a TON of water

Boring but I know from experience it works!
Yes, boring does work. For me it is actually easier to deal with. Too many choices make it harder. Your 20 should come off pretty quickly. Glad to have you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Cleaning up downed trees is a huge job. Are you guys doing it? Great exercise! We cleaned one up last year. Will be taking down a couple more ourselves in the next few years, they are rotten and in the way of where I want to put a covered BBQ area next to the fire pit.
Yes, we are doing it. We will probably have a few neighbors help. It is a HUGE willow tree so it will definitely be a a lot of exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Remembered the electrical inspection guy is coming at 8:30. Had to go chase DH down. Chicken on the menu today. All day probably but I have a bag of shrimp pulled out in case I can't face the cluck! Violet just left for gramma greats so I have the whole glorious morning to find something to do. I've made no progress on that yet I'll enjoy my coffee at least...

And a big back to awillia!
Face the cluck.
__________________
Ashley~
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:48 PM   #116
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
I got real ambitious and scraped the popcorn off the foyer ceiling, step one complete. There's some cracks I have to repair this time. And I have a giant job knocking a hole the size of double doors in the wall. My bedroom closet is becoming the foyer closet. The double doors used to separate the living room from dining room. Have to bring them up from the basement to see if they need any work. But when we took them down they were great. 8 pane beveled glass, they are pretty cool. So I'll be gettin deep into my next room project now. Keep me busy, and out of trouble! How's everyone else doing. I know Bratty is getting her muscles worked!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:10 PM   #117
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,568
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Corn maze sounds like a blast, haven't been to one in years. Hope your work schedule holds and you get out by 2:00. Good job on the coffee front. And eat at work, scared it might be setting you up for over doing it after you get out of work since your so hungry by then. Besides she probably already thinks your weird your food choices aren't going to change that! take an omelette, no one thinks that's weird. Just a concerned friend.
I used to do intermittent fasting and OMAD for a long time and delay eating til 3 or 4 anyway so 3
meals feels like a buffet now. Lol.

I had turkey for lunch today- will graduate up to introducing the eggs lol
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147
deanslist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:33 PM   #118
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member
 
MichelleHu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan's U.P.
Posts: 810
Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Ah! I'm a late eater too. Used to omad quite often but it led to very late night eating. I'm sure I just wasn't eating enough to get me through the night but I couldn't eat that much in one sitting. Not a meal person, naturally a grazer. Just had an egg, first food of the day, I'll be hungry in an hour because of it. I getcha...
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:22 PM   #119
BrattyS
Major LCF Poster!
 
BrattyS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tennesee
Posts: 1,549
Gallery: BrattyS
Stats: 231.2/207.6/155 5'7"
WOE: Keto-Stillman
Attic is done! The metal clips for my wire shelves came in so I can reinforce my garage shelves next week. Then I can store stuff in there. The plastic clips break with hardly any weight on them.

We start on the tree tomorrow. (I think)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
I got real ambitious and scraped the popcorn off the foyer ceiling, step one complete. There's some cracks I have to repair this time. And I have a giant job knocking a hole the size of double doors in the wall. My bedroom closet is becoming the foyer closet. The double doors used to separate the living room from dining room. Have to bring them up from the basement to see if they need any work. But when we took them down they were great. 8 pane beveled glass, they are pretty cool. So I'll be gettin deep into my next room project now. Keep me busy, and out of trouble! How's everyone else doing. I know Bratty is getting her muscles worked!
That is ambitious. Just the though of all the stuff falling on the floor makes me anxious. We have a neighbor they is remodeling with a really rustic look. They went with putting boards on the ceiling over the popcorn.

I agree, keeping busy keeps you out of trouble. I have barely thought of eating for 2 days now.
__________________
Ashley~
BrattyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:09 PM   #120
deanslist
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
deanslist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,568
Gallery: deanslist
Stats: 5'3.5" 185/125/120-123
WOE: Stillman diet/flexibility on weekends
Start Date: 1999 (Atkins) Lost most of my weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Ah! I'm a late eater too. Used to omad quite often but it led to very late night eating. I'm sure I just wasn't eating enough to get me through the night but I couldn't eat that much in one sitting. Not a meal person, naturally a grazer. Just had an egg, first food of the day, I'll be hungry in an hour because of it. I getcha...
I liked OMAD in some ways, but I would definitely overeat at my mealtime. Now when I have 2 hb eggs for breakfast it carries me though most of the day until it's time to eat.

I wish I was handy around the house like you are! I bet those glass doors are going to look awesome!

Oh and thanks for the idea about the omelet, that's a great idea!
__________________
My Journals:

Melissa's Headroom
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=889720

Desperately Seeking Balance
http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=890147

Last edited by deanslist; 09-13-2017 at 05:14 PM..
deanslist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:19 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2017 Netrition, Inc. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Netrition, Inc.