Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-05-2017, 08:49 AM   #61
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FindingMe
I'm proud to announce that I can now receive PMs. I guess that makes me special, now.

Great job everyone! You are all doing soooooo well!!!

Welcome HappyOne and MichelleHu!

Dimply - You are living in a good place if you don't like cold weather, but if you want the real humidity for that added sticky, you gotta go through lower LA and head East. I personally love the colder temps and enjoy the NW, but I had to move back here because of family obligations. Maybe if I ever get to/thru menopause, I will appreciate the heat. I'm loving these cooler temps we are about to have. I may even have to turn on the heat. Hopefully, it will kill off some of the skeeters. I do love Stx and am Gold!!! Have you tried their black iced Teavana unsweetened? IT is delish! It is about the only tea that I can drink unsweetened because I was raised on Deep South SUGAR tea. They are probably wondering what happened to me. LOL I have two freebies of anything on the menu dying to be used.

Mick6 - I wondered about your original goal weight, but I thought you might have a metabolism as slow as mine. I'm shooting for 40 pounds because I know it is about 26 weeks and a normal person should be able to lose conservatively in that amount of time. I have a feeling I will regret that decision after tomorrow's weigh in. Also, I have Mardi Gras, Easter, St Pat's, Mother's Day, Birthday and general weekly stress days to get through...but we got this, right!?!

Oh and don't feel like an odd ball restricting anything. Ironically, I am a very private person IRL and had all mine restricted before you mentioned me. No worries there. I may put mine back...I haven't heard back from the two that I requested, but I assume since I requested it that if they want to friend me, they still can.

And thanks for the recipe, too! IT looks fairly simple. Does baking powder have carbs? I just ran out of EVCO, but I haven't ever seen coconut flour so I'll have to see if they even sell it out here in the boonies. I'm sure they have it at Whole Paycheck, but maybe I can find it online cheaper.

Ack, my battery is about to run dead. I better send this novel off before I lose it.

As for me: I'm doing well food wise and I've only been drinking water for 4 days now so no matter what happens tomorrow, I have done all that I can and believe me, I was so stressed ysd that I could have drank and eaten a BUNCH. I actually came in a little too low on the calories, but I had a late lunch and didn't want to have too many calories too close together and I also went to bed early and yadda yadda yadda.

Have a great one!
FindingMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2017, 10:13 AM   #62
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Findingme - oh good cause it was really hard for the rest of us to stalk you without it.

Can someone tell me how to quote? been on lowcarbfriends since 2001 and I don't know how to quote. Geez

Dropped 2. And boy am I hungry today so I am listening to my body and breaking my 3 day run of OMAD. Ate the other half of my pizza bowl I couldn't get down for dinner last night. No aversion to food today! My body probably trying to get back that loss. I have food on the brain today just have to figure out what I want...

Keep on trucking! We can do this!
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:14 AM   #63
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Mick........228.3........224.8...........205
MrsVardy..269.6........269.6...........230
Dimply.....251...........251..............220
FindingMe..257.........257..............217
MichelleHu..251........248..............200
DrSailor.....190.........190.6...............175
Old 01-05-2017, 03:53 PM   #64
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/175/125 67.5" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Finding Me - I am originally from NOLA, so know all about high humidity and sticky weather! I tend to be cold natured and my sister says I will enjoy hot flashes..lol Sweet tea isn't popular in NOLA or in SE TX where I live now, so I never drink it, but I always have to be careful to order unsweetened tea when we're in other southern states.

Michelle - At the bottom right of each comment box there is a quote button. Click on it, and the post will appear in a new comment box. You can edit the quoted comment if you do not want to quote the whole thing. If you want to quote multiple comments, click on the button next to it - looks like a sheet of paper with " +
Congrats on losing 2 lbs!
Dimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 05:44 PM   #65
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 238.8/192.1/140
WOE: carb nite/ allergy free
Howdy everyone! Wow oh wow did the 4 day " I am starving to death and cant take it hit!!!" I already have a very hardy appetite but wow. I just kept it low carb and went with it. You might go at my menu today I hit my normal 5 miles according to my fitbit in my 4 hour shift at work. I also took the steps at the hospital from the 6th floor. Going down not up!

I'm always a pretty happy person but wow some low carb endorphins or something kicked in today.

It is so subzero here my face froze just walking from the parking lots into work and the hospital. WAH!!! First winter I'm not going south since I traded that for summers off. Maybe freezing burns calories!!!

Todays eats:
2 eggs with butter

2 eggs with half an advocado, half a red pepper, mayo, cheese stick

3 big slices of fathead pizza
1/2 a rotisserie chicken
a large amount of whipping cream. Probably 1/2 cup liquid

Findingme yeah on being able to send PM's If you want colder you can sure have our weather! I'll be envious of yours!

I for sure am a slow loser after the first week woosh! I picked the weight at the site I made the financial wager to lose 10% of my weight by June set for me. I am hoping to fly by it. I'd have a party to hit under 200.

Have no fear you'll make it through all those celebration days!! Even a slip for a special event wont derail 6 months. We all got this Just picture those better fitting summer clothes!

I wonder if the friend system is wonky. I know two said they didnt get my request but on my end it shows I sent it. Ironically I'm not a real private person IRL but I'm choosing who knows stuff. That whole thing was crazy. To give you an idea of how crazy when I say long ago ex its forever ago. Ive been remarried almost 24 years LOL

I dont know if baking powder has carbs to be honest. I buy coconut flour either at Sams Club or Amazon. We dont have any of the Trader Joes or Whole Foods type stores. Great job on the eating and all the water

Michelle Yippee on the 2 pounds!!!!
Hope you found something fabulous to eat that hit the spot!!!

Dimply I think I might enjoy hot flashes too! I'm always cold. We have been to NOLA and FL in August and besides the hair turning into a poof ball it was fabulous.

DrunkenSailor Great job on hiding or getting rid of the stuff you dont want to eat and a big congrats on doing well on your mini goals!!!
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:45 PM   #66
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Mick6 - I had a hungry day, too. Or hangry as the kids say. Once I ate dinner my mood improved! Good job getting in 5 miles at work. You must be on the go for all 4 hours.
I've been married for almost 24 years too - anniversary is in May.

We're going to get very cold tonight & it will be freezing through the weekend. Highs in the high 40s-low 50s and lows in the low 30s By mid-week it will be back in the 70s and close to 80 by the weekend. Yay! I am going to make pizza soup tomorrow.

Today's eats:
B - coffee with cream & s/f DaVinci syrup
D - chicken breast sauteed in butter, salad
75 oz water, grape Crystal Light

nite nite
Old 01-06-2017, 07:16 AM   #67
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Hope everyone is staying warm. The high today is 30 freaking 9 and there was light snow in the northern area of the city. Since this city is so huge that is a good 30 miles away from me so I did not have to deal

Have a great day!
Old 01-06-2017, 07:46 AM   #68
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Morning everyone! LOOKING GREAT!!!

MichelleHu – Congrats on the loss of 2! That is awesome!!!

Dimply – Your menu made me so hungry! But, I was also jealous of your breakfast. I do remember those good old coffee/cream days (Monday) and I would never get hungry til the afternoon so hopefully you didn’t have to white knuckle too much. Just don’t want you getting sick! I ate super low calorie the last couple of days and I’m really feeling it. All to get a good weigh in and it wasn’t even as good as I was expecting so NO MORE. I gotta eat at least 1200 or I will go absolutely nutso (more nutso???).

Looks like your weather is heading our way. I hope you survive those cooler temps! I'm looking forward to finally wearing sleeves. HAH. They are saying we are expecting unusually cool temps, too and even the possibility of some sleet, too (which we get usually about every 10 years in Feb and it doesn’t stick). I normally don’t have to turn on the heat at all and that helps make up for the horrible AC bills the rest of the year, but the heat might actually get used this year. I have relatives in Houston and Sabine Pass and they are freaking out. I take it that this weather is unusual for y’all, too? I was in Dallas/Frisco in late Feb 2015 and got snowed in so I guess it is common up there to have extreme temps in both directions.

Mick – Wow! 5 miles is normal? That is a super active job you have! IF I don’t force myself to get up and move around every hour, I probably wouldn’t hit 2 miles a day. I have my Fitbit on reminder every waking hour so my butt doesn’t permanently stick to a chair. I need to get back up to at least 10K steps a day. I used to walk 5-6 miles a day before I got so many health issues. Lately, I’ve been lucky to make 8K. I’ll add that to Week 2's new good habits to work on.

Your menu wasn’t horrible! I feel like such a noob, but you are a wealth of info. Been on low carb 95% of the time since around 2012, but I had never heard of Fat Head Pizza and had to look it up. After my Spinach Low Carb Wrap debacle of 2016, I have steered away from anything fun or most LC recipes, but I can see lots of new fun things in my future to try.

The Friend thing could be wonky. You are the only one that added me. The other two (cough Dimply cough and one other) are still showing as pending so I’m not sure if they are getting anything on their end? Anyway, I put mine back on restricted so if anyone wants me, just yell and I’ll add you on my end.

I’ll look at my Sam’s for the coconut flour. I noticed they finally got in almond flour which was a shocker in these parts. I’m trying to wean myself off Amazon for a couple of months so UPS could catch a break.

Welp, I'm ready to tackle another week (mine starts on Fri) of breaking bad habits. Still doing everything great on my intake, but need to work on my exercise. I guess some of my holiday gain wasn’t water as I didn’t get that initial huge whoosh of my previous restarts so the next 36 lbs are going to be super slow I imagine. I must really be about to start The Pause. I'll know for sure if I miss February. Gotta love hormones, but I hate not knowing when/where however I sure won’t miss the cramps!!! I refuse to keep white knuckling expecting miracles. I think exercise is more important than eating less than 1200 calories and passing out so I’m going to shoot for 1200-1600 this week, work on my strength training and moving my big rear more.

Have a great weekend everyone!

MrsVardy..269.6........269.6..........230
FindingMe..257.........253..............217
DrSailor.....190.........190.6.............175
Old 01-06-2017, 08:44 AM   #69
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Hi FindingMe! I am in Houston, and yes, people are freaking out. We usually have one or 2 occurrences per year of light snow/flurries/ice. Nothing sticks, but it is just enough to have people freak out and forget how to drive. On the news last night the meteorologist said no precipitation, so there was no run to the stores for toilet paper and bread And as you have experienced, Dallas gets a lot more winter weather than we do down south. You stay safe & warm yourself.
Congrats on losing 4 lbs! I do not seem to be getting the big initial whoosh either, but I have been semi-low carb for a few months now so I guess it was to be expected. Maybe I should have indulged a little over he holidays, but I did not want to go off the deep end and get to the point of no return. I am wondering if I am too low calorie myself - I rarely hit 1,000. My poor body must be so confused feast or famine, I tell ya.
I accepted your friend request. Sorry about that I need alerts
TTYL!
Old 01-06-2017, 01:23 PM   #70
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Just checking in. I'm putting sealant high gloss on a new tile floor in the laundry room. Got 2 coats already. Have had no laundry room for 2 months. I started by painting but knew I wanted that yucky indoor outdoor carpet out so I pulled it out but they had used that sticky glue to put it down so you can't get it off to put tile down so the floor had to come up. And wouldn't ya know it when we got to the sub floor it was a wreck. So we had no floor for a week. Could see right on down to the basement. Dh finally got the floor in and I got tile ordered but then I couldn't get the right color grout in town! Small town! So had to wait for that to come in then I decided I want high gloss cause it's the 6x 24 plank wood looking tile and couldn't find high gloss in town so had to order that too and wait for it. Have been taking a load or two down to my moms once in a while but I should be able to do laundry tomorrow . Thank goodness cause we all about out of undies again!

Come check in later if I can....
Old 01-06-2017, 06:22 PM   #71
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

I'll read, update more and do my menu in the morning. Very busy day at work and did some hair cutting at the mission after plus a friends color. Ugh yesterday energy has fled and been replaced with body aches and tiredness. Did good on the LC front.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:24 PM   #72
Lets_do_this!
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lets_do_this!
Stats: 5'7"...164/146.6/135
WOE: Atkins..LC...lchf
Start Date: LC since 01/15, lchf 5/16, lchf restart 11/16
Thank you Dimply...yes this is my picture.

I hope to reach my goal once and for all. I do good then blow it within 5 lbs of goal.

Look forward to being on this journey with all you beautiful people!

Dimply I love sf totani syrup but I realized it stalls my weight loss. How much of it do you use?

Thanks in advance...

Determination
\di-,ter-me-na-shen\
a: a fixed purpose, the power and will to persist, resolve, to have the drive, to have the grit, to go the distance, to be hell-bent on reaching a goal no matter what it takes.
Lets_do_this! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:27 PM   #73
Lets_do_this!
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lets_do_this!
Stats: 5'7"...164/146.6/135
WOE: Atkins..LC...lchf
Start Date: LC since 01/15, lchf 5/16, lchf restart 11/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post
Howdy everyone! Wow oh wow did the 4 day " I am starving to death and cant take it hit!!!" I already have a very hardy appetite but wow. I just kept it low carb and went with it. You might go at my menu today I hit my normal 5 miles according to my fitbit in my 4 hour shift at work. I also took the steps at the hospital from the 6th floor. Going down not up!

I'm always a pretty happy person but wow some low carb endorphins or something kicked in today.

It is so subzero here my face froze just walking from the parking lots into work and the hospital. WAH!!! First winter I'm not going south since I traded that for summers off. Maybe freezing burns calories!!!

Todays eats:
2 eggs with butter

2 eggs with half an advocado, half a red pepper, mayo, cheese stick

3 big slices of fathead pizza
1/2 a rotisserie chicken
a large amount of whipping cream. Probably 1/2 cup liquid

Findingme yeah on being able to send PM's If you want colder you can sure have our weather! I'll be envious of yours!

I for sure am a slow loser after the first week woosh! I picked the weight at the site I made the financial wager to lose 10% of my weight by June set for me. I am hoping to fly by it. I'd have a party to hit under 200.

Have no fear you'll make it through all those celebration days!! Even a slip for a special event wont derail 6 months. We all got this Just picture those better fitting summer clothes!

I wonder if the friend system is wonky. I know two said they didnt get my request but on my end it shows I sent it. Ironically I'm not a real private person IRL but I'm choosing who knows stuff. That whole thing was crazy. To give you an idea of how crazy when I say long ago ex its forever ago. Ive been remarried almost 24 years LOL

I dont know if baking powder has carbs to be honest. I buy coconut flour either at Sams Club or Amazon. We dont have any of the Trader Joes or Whole Foods type stores. Great job on the eating and all the water

Michelle Yippee on the 2 pounds!!!!
Hope you found something fabulous to eat that hit the spot!!!

Dimply I think I might enjoy hot flashes too! I'm always cold. We have been to NOLA and FL in August and besides the hair turning into a poof ball it was fabulous.

DrunkenSailor Great job on hiding or getting rid of the stuff you dont want to eat and a big congrats on doing well on your mini goals!!!

I need to try this fat head pizza already! Maybe Sunday for the start of football playoffs

Determination
\di-,ter-me-na-shen\
a: a fixed purpose, the power and will to persist, resolve, to have the drive, to have the grit, to go the distance, to be hell-bent on reaching a goal no matter what it takes.
Lets_do_this! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:22 AM   #74
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

It is currently 25 degrees with 68% humidity so feels like 12 degrees. Not that I am planning to go outside at 5:00 AM or anything

Lets_do_this! - I use 2T of Torani or DaVinci in my daily cup of coffee. I haven't known it to cause me to stall, but then again I've never eliminated it to test. My sister-in-law worked as a barista when she was in grad school & got me hooked on using flavored syrups as sweeteners.
Enjoy football! Is your team still in it? The team for the city I live in now plays today, but my hometown team, which is the team I root for, was eliminated. DH barely cares who's playing - if it's football or baseball, he's watching

Friday:
B - coffee w/cream & DaVinci s/f syrup
D - pizza soup
64 oz water, grape Crystal Light

Have a great Saturday!!
Old 01-07-2017, 05:47 AM   #75
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Good morning lovely people!!!!

I wonder if I had a bit of the keto flu. I sure had a headache and ached like a bear yesterday. It made long day! I'm sure glad today is better!

Well after my big intitial 5 lb woosh this week I am back to pre Christmas numbers so now the real work begins. I do my first token weigh in for the wager I placed. I'm hoping it will inch down a tad. I have to lose 3% by the end of Jan to stay in the monthly games. Thats 2.1 lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post
Mick6 - I had a hungry day, too. Or hangry as the kids say. Once I ate dinner my mood improved! Good job getting in 5 miles at work. You must be on the go for all 4 hours.

We're going to get very cold tonight & it will be freezing through the weekend. Highs in the high 40s-low 50s and lows in the low 30s By mid-week it will be back in the 70s and close to 80 by the weekend. Yay! I am going to make pizza soup tomorrow.

Today's eats:

nite nite
Our anniversary is in Feb. I will admit to being a tad jealous of your cold weather. We have been stuck between 5 below zero and 26 below zero. I hate the winters here. Last spring dh and I went and looked and some of the southern places he could transfer. I was so disappointed when he decided he didnt want to start over at a new hub.

Your food looks yummy!!! Your doing awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMe View Post

Mick Ė Wow! 5 miles is normal? That is a super active job you have! IF I donít force myself to get up and move around every hour, I probably wouldnít hit 2 miles a day. I have my Fitbit on reminder every waking hour so my butt doesnít permanently stick to a chair. I need to get back up to at least 10K steps a day. I used to walk 5-6 miles a day before I got so many health issues. Lately, Iíve been lucky to make 8K. Iíll add that to Week 2's new good habits to work on.

Your menu wasnít horrible! I feel like such a noob, but you are a wealth of info. Been on low carb 95% of the time since around 2012, but I had never heard of Fat Head Pizza and had to look it up. After my Spinach Low Carb Wrap debacle of 2016, I have steered away from anything fun or most LC recipes, but I can see lots of new fun things in my future to try.

The Friend thing could be wonky. You are the only one that added me. The other two (cough Dimply cough and one other) are still showing as pending so Iím not sure if they are getting anything on their end? Anyway, I put mine back on restricted so if anyone wants me, just yell and Iíll add you on my end.

Iíll look at my Samís for the coconut flour. I noticed they finally got in almond flour which was a shocker in these parts. Iím trying to wean myself off Amazon for a couple of months so UPS could catch a break.

Welp, I'm ready to tackle another week (mine starts on Fri) of breaking bad habits. Still doing everything great on my intake, but need to work on my exercise. I guess some of my holiday gain wasnít water as I didnít get that initial huge whoosh of my previous restarts so the next 36 lbs are going to be super slow I imagine. I must really be about to start The Pause. I'll know for sure if I miss February. Gotta love hormones, but I hate not knowing when/where however I sure wonít miss the cramps!!! I refuse to keep white knuckling expecting miracles. I think exercise is more important than eating less than 1200 calories and passing out so Iím going to shoot for 1200-1600 this week, work on my strength training and moving my big rear more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Just checking in. I'm putting sealant high gloss on a new tile floor in the laundry room. Got 2 coats already. Have had no laundry room for 2 months. I started by painting but knew I wanted that yucky indoor outdoor carpet out so I pulled it out but they had used that sticky glue to put it down so you can't get it off to put tile down so the floor had to come up. And wouldn't ya know it when we got to the sub floor it was a wreck. So we had no floor for a week. Could see right on down to the basement. Dh finally got the floor in and I got tile ordered but then I couldn't get the right color grout in town! Small town! So had to wait for that to come in then I decided I want high gloss cause it's the 6x 24 plank wood looking tile and couldn't find high gloss in town so had to order that too and wait for it. Have been taking a load or two down to my moms once in a while but I should be able to do laundry tomorrow . Thank goodness cause we all about out of undies again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets_do_this! View Post
I need to try this fat head pizza already! Maybe Sunday for the start of football playoffs
You all are making me so jealous with the weather

I'm glad your going to go with a calorie range that makes you feel better. Sure losing faster is good but not if it makes you feel miserable. I'm an odd ball that wont track.

Not a good weigh in? Your down 4

8000 steps is still really great!!!

Yep 5 miles is normal. When I retired as a stylist I went to work in a school kitchen. There are only two of us to feed and clean up after the 300 plus kids. Once a week I'm up front on the computer so its less running.I love the little kids but get more bored. I can still chat with the adorable kids filling the line and not be stuck in one spot. My regular job is running back and forth from the back throwing another load of dishes in and running back up front to check and fill the line. If its good I'll run in back for another minute or two then back out front again. Of course thats after the earlier mad rush to make the food. There is also quite a bit of weight carried so it is a great workout in my book.After they are all done eating its clean up time for me. My coworker has been in the district kitchen many years. Maybe thats why she is so fit approaching 60. I really swear it seems like my 4 hours are done in 15 minutes! I also have been quite touched to get little treats from the kids. Elementary kids are so darn cute! Since my boys are 20 and 23 its been a while!

That sounds like quite the project with the laundry room! I bet it looks absolutely fabulous!!!

So what was the spinach low carb wrap thing?

Hormones sure can be a huge pain!! I think I have that going on here but cant say for sure. Since I had a big warning on the uterine lining they took it out. No messing around as mom had had uterine cancer. The first 9 months since I still have an ovary I got the normal pms symptoms minus cramps. The last few months no major pms symptoms but sore tatas 24/7. I'll cross my fingers for ya you miss Feb! Besides exercise being good for us I just think being active makes you feel better.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:56 AM   #76
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Good morning lovely people!!!!

I wonder if I had a bit of the keto flu. I sure had a headache and ached like a bear yesterday. It made long day! I'm sure glad today is better!

Well after my big intitial 5 lb woosh this week I am back to pre Christmas numbers so now the real work begins. I do my first token weigh in for the wager I placed. I'm hoping it will inch down a tad. I have to lose 3% by the end of Jan to stay in the monthly games. Thats 2.1 lbs.

OOOPS! I forgot to add yesterdays food so back to edit:

2 fried eggs and 2 sausage

2 boiled eggs, 1/2 a green pepper, 1/2 a yellow pepper, half an avocado, blob of mayo

Half a rotisserie chicken, half of a steam and serve bag of broccoli with a ton of garlic butter

1/4 of a Lindt 85% bar with about 3 T of almond butter.

Quote:

Today's eats:

nite nite
Our anniversary is in Feb. I will admit to being a tad jealous of your cold weather. We have been stuck between 5 below zero and 26 below zero. I hate the winters here. Last spring dh and I went and looked and some of the southern places he could transfer. I was so disappointed when he decided he didnt want to start over at a new hub.

Your food looks yummy!!! Your doing awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMe View Post

Mick – Wow! 5 miles is normal? That is a super active job you have! IF I don’t force myself to get up and move around every hour, I probably wouldn’t hit 2 miles a day. I have my Fitbit on reminder every waking hour so my butt doesn’t permanently stick to a chair. I need to get back up to at least 10K steps a day. I used to walk 5-6 miles a day before I got so many health issues. Lately, I’ve been lucky to make 8K. I’ll add that to Week 2's new good habits to work on.

Your menu wasn’t horrible! I feel like such a noob, but you are a wealth of info. Been on low carb 95% of the time since around 2012, but I had never heard of Fat Head Pizza and had to look it up. After my Spinach Low Carb Wrap debacle of 2016, I have steered away from anything fun or most LC recipes, but I can see lots of new fun things in my future to try.

The Friend thing could be wonky. You are the only one that added me. The other two (cough Dimply cough and one other) are still showing as pending so I’m not sure if they are getting anything on their end? Anyway, I put mine back on restricted so if anyone wants me, just yell and I’ll add you on my end.

I’ll look at my Sam’s for the coconut flour. I noticed they finally got in almond flour which was a shocker in these parts. I’m trying to wean myself off Amazon for a couple of months so UPS could catch a break.

Welp, I'm ready to tackle another week (mine starts on Fri) of breaking bad habits. Still doing everything great on my intake, but need to work on my exercise. I guess some of my holiday gain wasn’t water as I didn’t get that initial huge whoosh of my previous restarts so the next 36 lbs are going to be super slow I imagine. I must really be about to start The Pause. I'll know for sure if I miss February. Gotta love hormones, but I hate not knowing when/where however I sure won’t miss the cramps!!! I refuse to keep white knuckling expecting miracles. I think exercise is more important than eating less than 1200 calories and passing out so I’m going to shoot for 1200-1600 this week, work on my strength training and moving my big rear more.

You all are making me so jealous with the weather

I'm glad your going to go with a calorie range that makes you feel better. Sure losing faster is good but not if it makes you feel miserable. I'm an odd ball that wont track.

Not a good weigh in? Your down 4

8000 steps is still really great!!!

Yep 5 miles is normal. When I retired as a stylist I went to work in a school kitchen. There are only two of us to feed and clean up after the 300 plus kids. Once a week I'm up front on the computer so its less running.I love the little kids but get more bored. I can still chat with the adorable kids filling the line and not be stuck in one spot. My regular job is running back and forth from the back throwing another load of dishes in and running back up front to check and fill the line. If its good I'll run in back for another minute or two then back out front again. Of course thats after the earlier mad rush to make the food. There is also quite a bit of weight carried so it is a great workout in my book.After they are all done eating its clean up time for me. My coworker has been in the district kitchen many years. Maybe thats why she is so fit approaching 60. I really swear it seems like my 4 hours are done in 15 minutes! I also have been quite touched to get little treats from the kids. Elementary kids are so darn cute! Since my boys are 20 and 23 its been a while!

So what was the spinach low carb wrap thing?

Hormones sure can be a huge pain!! I think I have that going on here but cant say for sure. Since I had a big warning on the uterine lining they took it out. No messing around as mom had had uterine cancer. The first 9 months since I still have an ovary I got the normal pms symptoms minus cramps. The last few months no major pms symptoms but sore tatas 24/7. I'll cross my fingers for ya you miss Feb! Besides exercise being good for us I just think being active makes you feel better.

Quote:

That sounds like quite the project with the laundry room! I bet it looks absolutely fabulous!!! If your comfortable you should share apic when its done! I'd love to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets_do_this! View Post
It makes a fab low carb pizza crust but also rolled very thin a good bread if you need a very portable food.

Last edited by Mick6; 01-07-2017 at 05:59 AM..
Old 01-07-2017, 08:16 AM   #77
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Michelle - I second Mick6 - I would love to see a pic of your new floor is you feel comfortable sharing one. We need to replace our kitchen floor, but I know that will open a can of worms, and before I know it we will be in the throes of a complete kitchen remodel complete with walls being knocked down. Not that it's not needed, but I just don't want to go through it!

Mick6 - I would not be able to leave the house with your temps. I will no longer complain about the weather here!
Does your DH work for an airline? If so, do you get to travel for free?
I am glad you're feeling better today. As much as I want to have a piece of cake for my birthday, the thought of going through the Atkins flu again is a deterrent. Not to mention the 5 lbs I will surely gain
Old 01-07-2017, 12:19 PM   #78
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Michelle - I second Mick6 - I would love to see a pic of your new floor is you feel comfortable sharing one. We need to replace our kitchen floor, but I know that will open a can of worms, and before I know it we will be in the throes of a complete kitchen remodel complete with walls being knocked down. Not that it's not needed, but I just don't want to go through it!

Mick6 - I would not be able to leave the house with your temps. I will no longer complain about the weather here!
Does your DH work for an airline? If so, do you get to travel for free?
I am glad you're feeling better today. As much as I want to have a piece of cake for my birthday, the thought of going through the Atkins flu again is a deterrent. Not to mention the 5 lbs I will surely gain
Nope he drives semi for UPS. They just call it a hub, zone or terminal depending on the size of the home base area and the freight coming out of it. Hope I got that right! Ironically with you asking that my brother did fly passenger planes when he was early in his career. Then we got to fly free but with little kids and being young we couldnt take full advantage of it back then financially.

I hear you on the keto flu being a deterrent! Is your birthday soon? There are some great low carb cake and cheesecake recipes!

LOL you can go through a remodel Its not so bad. Ok I'm fibbing! We did our first house flip this summer and it was frustrating and I wasn't living in the chaos.

Last edited by Mick6; 01-07-2017 at 12:21 PM..
Old 01-07-2017, 03:16 PM   #79
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post
Nope he drives semi for UPS. They just call it a hub, zone or terminal depending on the size of the home base area and the freight coming out of it. Hope I got that right! Ironically with you asking that my brother did fly passenger planes when he was early in his career. Then we got to fly free but with little kids and being young we couldnt take full advantage of it back then financially.

I hear you on the keto flu being a deterrent! Is your birthday soon? There are some great low carb cake and cheesecake recipes!

LOL you can go through a remodel Its not so bad. Ok I'm fibbing! We did our first house flip this summer and it was frustrating and I wasn't living in the chaos.
My brother's ex-fiancee's dad drove a semi for UPS, from NOLA to the TX border (about 4 hours round trip). My sister-in-law's dad, sister, & step-mother work for an airline and she and my brother fly all over the place for free. We used to fly pretty often but due to gas prices and added taxes it has gotten so expensive!

My birthday is Wednesday. I am not sure I want to make anything and have it in the house due to binge issues. I just have the mentality that it's not a birthday without cake - like I'm 5 or something

You flipped a house? Very cool! Are you planning another flip? We live in a mid-century neighborhood (house was built in 1954). My FIL grew up 1 1/2 blocks from where we live, and when I first got married and moved here to Houston in 1993, all of the people in the neighborhood were my husband's grandparents' age. In the past 10 years or so they started to die off or move into retirement homes, and the flippers were out in full force. We bought this house in 2009 from the estate of the original owners who died within a few months of each other. We had to re-do the electrical and plumbing, add insulation and a new HVAC system, and put on a new roof. We also pulled up the (pink!) carpeting that was covering beautiful hardwood floors, replaced most of the light fixtures, and removed the textured 70s wallpaper and painted the entire house. When I say we I mean our contractor, because DH & I would surely be divorced if we had attempted to do it ourselves. After all that we were not able to re-do the kitchen ($$) and at this point I'm OK with it, but DH is chomping at the bit. This is our first experience living in a house that had previous owners, but we wanted to be closer in to the city, and DH wanted to be near his grandfather after his grandmother died. Anyway, it's a great neighborhood and it's so nice to be within 10 miles of downtown. tl;dr I'm sure
Old 01-07-2017, 08:47 PM   #80
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Here's a couple. That's my almost 2 yo granddaughter "helping"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2140.jpg (42.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2133.jpg (35.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2084.jpg (56.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-07-2017, 08:57 PM   #81
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Look at that icky snow out back and months to go. That slider in pic is coming out in the spring, casement windows to match rest of downstairs. It's a 1915 craftsman. Waiting on the baseboard cover to come in. Got in a craftsman style will eventually change them all out. And waiting for first set of cabs to come in too. After we do the windows in spring then I can order rest of cabs for the room.

We've flipped a couple houses but it's time now to focus on our house, I'm tired of living in the worst and making the others beautiful! Back down to the basement to keep working on changing that into game room. Most studs are up one wall to go a bathroom wall. Most electrical done most plumbing done so we gotta get back on it!

I'm beat. Did great food wise but I am wiped out so I will check in tomorrow I hope I can walk!
Old 01-07-2017, 09:11 PM   #82
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Michelle - The floor looks great, and your granddaughter is a cutie! Craftsman style houses are my favorite; they have so much charm and style. Very impressed that you, too have flipped houses, and am glad it's your turn to enjoy the results of your efforts. Please post pics of your progress!

The snow in your yard -

today's eats:
B - coffee w/cream & DaVinci's s/f syrup
D - pizza soup
Old 01-08-2017, 05:53 AM   #83
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

I lost 3.5 lbs & 5" this week. Happy about that, but I have had nothing but soup to eat for the past 2 days so I think that helped.

Dimply.....251...........247.5..........220
Old 01-08-2017, 06:30 AM   #84
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

I could just kick myself! I had to do my first token weigh in for the financial weight loss wager game. I put my starting weight here as what I weighed in for their official photo weigh in there. I was so excited I lost over 5 pounds since the 1st. I weighed on my scale this morning in my birthday suit and then got dressed in the same outfit as the "official first photo weigh in" and weighed. I've only lost 2.5. I have 4.6 to go by the last day of this month yet for the game.

UGH! I completely forgot there is a big difference in weighing in your b day suit and clothes! Duh!!! I'll continue to report my normal b day suit weigh ins here and lower my final goal by the amount my clothes weighed. That just kind of burst my bubble!

On a positive note it will help keep me on the right path! I thought I only had 2 lbs to go by the end of the month for the game. Not 4.6!

It is so darn cold here. Even the dogs are right back in. I just detest it.

Mick........228.8........223.6...........202

Quote:
My brother's ex-fiancee's dad drove a semi for UPS, from NOLA to the TX border (about 4 hours round trip). My sister-in-law's dad, sister, & step-mother work for an airline and she and my brother fly all over the place for free. We used to fly pretty often but due to gas prices and added taxes it has gotten so expensive!

My birthday is Wednesday. I am not sure I want to make anything and have it in the house due to binge issues. I just have the mentality that it's not a birthday without cake - like I'm 5 or something

You flipped a house? Very cool! Are you planning another flip? We live in a mid-century neighborhood (house was built in 1954). My FIL grew up 1 1/2 blocks from where we live, and when I first got married and moved here to Houston in 1993, all of the people in the neighborhood were my husband's grandparents' age. In the past 10 years or so they started to die off or move into retirement homes, and the flippers were out in full force. We bought this house in 2009 from the estate of the original owners who died within a few months of each other. We had to re-do the electrical and plumbing, add insulation and a new HVAC system, and put on a new roof. We also pulled up the (pink!) carpeting that was covering beautiful hardwood floors, replaced most of the light fixtures, and removed the textured 70s wallpaper and painted the entire house. When I say we I mean our contractor, because DH & I would surely be divorced if we had attempted to do it ourselves. After all that we were not able to re-do the kitchen ($$) and at this point I'm OK with it, but DH is chomping at the bit. This is our first experience living in a house that had previous owners, but we wanted to be closer in to the city, and DH wanted to be near his grandfather after his grandmother died. Anyway, it's a great neighborhood and it's so nice to be within 10 miles of downtown. tl;dr I'm sure
Kind of a small world isnt it Awe what a great day to have a birthday! That was my brothers birthday too. I'm with you on a birthday isnt a birthday without cake. Its really to bad low carb bakeries are not a big thing just to get 1 cupcake! Maybe you could start a new tradition like a birthday massage or pedi or something.

It sounds like your in a lovely area! I bet your house is lovely too. That has to be great being close to everything. I love wood floor and have not a scrap of carpet. The house we flipped over the summer had about 5 coats of paint on the hardwoods covered by pink paisley carpet. Pink must have been the thing! If the right one comes along at a fab price we would do another. We bought that one at a property auction. Since I was the chief laborer our costs were lower. I spent about 60 hours a week over there though for 8 weeks. I had retired as a stylist and wasnt working for the school over the summer so I had time. Dh was over there weekends.

Speaking of wallpaper I spent so much time removing it I think it should be illegal. We had one border I tried everything on to get it off without destroying the plaster. It appears they had used liquid nails! We ended up getting as much as we could and making it as smooth as possible and actually mudding and sanding over it.

Quote:
Look at that icky snow out back and months to go. That slider in pic is coming out in the spring, casement windows to match rest of downstairs. It's a 1915 craftsman. Waiting on the baseboard cover to come in. Got in a craftsman style will eventually change them all out. And waiting for first set of cabs to come in too. After we do the windows in spring then I can order rest of cabs for the room.

We've flipped a couple houses but it's time now to focus on our house, I'm tired of living in the worst and making the others beautiful! Back down to the basement to keep working on changing that into game room. Most studs are up one wall to go a bathroom wall. Most electrical done most plumbing done so we gotta get back on it!

I'm beat. Did great food wise but I am wiped out so I will check in tomorrow I hope I can walk!
Your floor looks gorgeous! We have that yucky snow here also. That little cutie is just adorable It sounds like you are super busy and getting plenty of exercise with your projects. I'm glad you get to make your home exactly what you want now I love seeing peoples remodeling before and after pics so thanks for sharing the floor pics. I was absolutely bummed I lost the before pics on the house we flipped. I hope you are not too stiff today Michelle from all your labors.

Quote:
I lost 3.5 lbs & 5" this week. Happy about that, but I have had nothing but soup to eat for the past 2 days so I think that helped.

Great job Dimply!!!! The weigh in is awesome but a big on the the iches!!!! I'dd love that pizza soup recipe by the way! I've got one I'm going to try called lasagna soup. Every thing is on plan in it but the noodles so I'll just leave them out.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:37 AM   #85
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Dimply- what kind of soup? Magical weight loss soup? Your doing great! Soup sounds good.

I think I'm in that pause that happens about after the first 2 weeks. Started on the 26th at 257 and dropped to 247. Up a lb today but all that labor yesterday I'm sure muscles are holding water cause eating was on point. A few days and should start losing again if history is true. And I got a lot of history. I'm sticking with it!
Old 01-08-2017, 06:49 AM   #86
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Morning y’all!

Michelle – What a lot of work on the flooring! I know you are super proud of your hard work and lots of good exercise.. And having the added benefit of being able to wash again.

Veronica – I hope your pizza comes out great! I'm looking forward to trying it, too.

Dimply – I had just written that I hope your weigh in goes well and look at you go! Woohoo! I’m going to have to look up this pizza soup! Have you found a good SF flavor of syrup that you enjoy? I’ve tried a few flavors and brands and never could find anything I liked. I’m debating about trying to make tea at home to fill the coffee void. It has been a tough 8 days not having my 2-3 cups in the mornings and I still miss it!

Mick – Congrats on the 5 pounds! Did I say that already? I’ve been a bit scattered this first week and haven’t fully caught up on all the posts from the beginning. Your job sounds exhausting and scary – 300 kids! ACK! I feel for you having subzero temps. I used to live in places where it would go down to zero occasionally. I can only image how bad it would be being below that. Do you have warm Spring or Summers?

I’m still truckin along staying strict and on plan. Still just drinking water for now - so boring! Exercise goal has been accomplished for the first 2 days of my 2nd week! I got in my steps Friday and Saturday and hit 22,517 for those 48 hours. Now, I gotta work on my muscles during the week before they are all completely turned to fat.

Have a great week!

Last edited by FindingMe; 01-08-2017 at 06:54 AM..
Old 01-08-2017, 11:39 AM   #87
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone! I am pleased with my weight/inches lost!

I wish pizza soup was a miracle weight loss food, if it were I would eat nothing else, but it is very filling so a small amount will fill you up (3/4 of a cup fills me up). Here is the recipe, and Mick6, we need the lasagna soup recipe.

Crockpot Pizza Soup
1 lb Italian (or regular) sausage, browned
4 oz pepperoni slices (I cut the slices in half)
1 bell pepper, chopped
16 oz mushrooms, sliced
1 small onion, chopped
1T each of oregano & basil
1t garlic powder
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
32 oz beef broth
parmesan cheese
mozzarella cheese

Combine all ingredients except for the cheeses in a slow cooker and stir well. Cook on high for 3 hours, lower to low for 2 hours, then another hour on high (if I am away from home while cooking I cook on low then increase to high for the last hour). Before serving, stir in parmesan cheese and top each bowl with mozzarella. Makes about 7 cups.

Mick6 - Did you take off as many clothes as legal and socially acceptable for your financial weigh-in?
I have a hair appointment and a mani/pedi Saturday, but they are regularly scheduled upkeep. If I don't have cake, does that mean I don't have to get a year older???
My grandparents covered their hardwood floors with carpet when their balance started to get iffy, and I guess that is what the people who owned our house before us did also. I am with you on wallpaper - not a fan.

Michelle - I hate the pauses that our bodies take to regroup. I want weight loss every week

FindingMe - I have so many favorite syrups that the cabinet I keep them in is about to bust! I do not use any fruit flavors for coffee, and the minty flavors, which I usually love, have a soapy taste to me. I usually buy DaVinci or Torani from Netrition, although I have found a few flavors at Target. I don't know how you can give up coffee; it makes me too happy. But to you!

Veronica - Did you try the pizza?

sweet poison, Mrs.Vardy, Drunken Sailor - Please come check in!
Old 01-09-2017, 05:36 AM   #88
sweetpoison
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 238/238/160
WOE: 12 WEEK SPRING FEVER CHALLENGE
Start Date: 01/23/2017
Sorry for the missing in action.... have had a hard time getting my act together. Back to work today so that should help. Just feel like crap. Mick6...thank you for the private message, nice to see someone missed me. Weight is still: 238.... which... could be worse.

Have a nice day all.
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:51 AM   #89
MrsVardy
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsVardy
Stats: 269.6/258.6/190
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/1/2017
Good morning everyone. I am down 6.8 pounds this week so that is exciting - I'm sure it is mostly water weight since it was my first week - but I will take it. I think I did really well just surviving on plan last week - especially since on Monday and Tuesday there were Sees Chocolate Candies and a Cookie Cake in the breakroom, and then our work had an icecream sunday bar on Thursday, and then I went to a pot luck on Sunday which was filled with a ton of cakes, cupcakes, chips and dips - but I made it - I brough meat and cheese roll-ups which you can only eat so much of, next month I will make a much better meal - since that is lunch.

Mick........228.8........223.6...........202
MrsVardy..269.6........262.8..........230

I hope everyone has an amazing week.
MrsVardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:52 AM   #90
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

sweetpoison - Great to see you! Being back in your routine should help to stay on track with eating. And at least you did not gain anything! We are here for you if you need encouragement!

MrsV - Great job resisting all the treats you were faced with, and losing almost 7 lbs! Maybe it is mostly water, but the bloat's got to go too, right?

Sunday:
B - coffee w/cream & s/f Torani's syrup
D - ribeye, hot dog, salad

I am still full from last night's dinner!