Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-05-2017, 08:46 AM   #361
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Mick............228.8.....212.........202 ... March start... 212
Dimply.........251........234.5............220.... ...............233
MichelleHu...251........229.6............200...... .............230.6
FindingMe....257........240.2..........217........ ............240.2.....
DrSailor.......190.6......184.4.........175
GliderGirl.....181.0......181.0.........162.9
MrsVardy.....269.6.....258.6..........230

Yay broke into a new decade! Hope I can keep this going. I did not make it through fasting clean yesterday. I broke late last night and had a pickle and a handful of nuts. Eh? Best choices to just be able to sleep? Maybe not. But I'm not going to over analyze it. Coulda been a lot worse. Actually I feel pretty good about it. Really that amounts to fat, salt and crunch in its basic form! if I would have hit sugar those are all my basic binge or fall off the wagon goodies. Salt, fat and crunch just usually come in a very different form than a pickle and nuts.

Continue fasting till tomorrow. I have 2 serving of broth left. I will save one for that late night crutch it looks like I need. That was the roughest day fasting ever, really hoping today is easier.
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2017, 01:20 PM   #362
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Ah finally figured out what to have for dinner tomorrow. Baked chicken strips, GF. I will dredge mine in egg and kicked up parm mixture and dredge the families in egg and GF baking mix. DD1 is making homemade ranch and I am going to make a spicy Aoli. Then we picked up some Swiss chard to go along with it. So that should set me up pretty well to kick off another fasting run, be it I make it just a day or 3. Much better today not having hungrer issues like yesterday. Yay! I sure get excited for my breaking a fast meal! I'm drooling!
Old 03-05-2017, 02:29 PM   #363
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/157/125 79.25" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: 01/01/2017

I have done nothing but sleep all weekend - I must have been more tired than I thought. I haven't worn anything except pjs since Friday, much less left the house. Friday night my sister asked me to check the grocery stores for some spice she needs to make a dip for a baby shower but cannot find in NOLA. I knew I wouldn't want to have to check a few stores then hit the post office to send them out 2nd day, so I ordered on Amazon & she should have them today. That alone was worth the prime fee

Major whoosh this week - 4.5 lbs!! Why can't this happen every week??? I'd be at goal by Halloween!

I use mayo as a binder when coating chicken. Mostly out of laziness, but it keeps the meat moist also.

Any lurkers can see how awesome we are..lol! Come join us!!

Michelle - Congrats on a new decade You are doing great! Good luck getting through the rest of today & till dinner tomorrow.
Chimichanga in a bowl sounds so good!

Mick - for re-jammying!! I've been styling all weekend in sweatshirts & pj bottoms.
I googled Zaycon & it looks interesting. Bet you're set for chicken for a while!
I had heard that about flavor enhancers. America's Test Kitchen did an experiment where they went to a popular location in Boston & had people taste test brownies made from a boxed mix, and from their best from scratch recipe. The vast majority preferred the brownies made from a box because not only is that what we're most used to eating these days, but because of the enhancers used. I would binge on both
Red peppers in egg salad sounds good. I may need to pick up a jar this week. I'm looking for something new to add to my salads now that my olive salad is almost gone.

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & Torani's
D - chicken breast sauteed in butter; salad w/lettuce, cheese, bacon, & Green Goddess dressing
Dimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 02:30 PM   #364
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Dimply.........251........230............220.... ...............233
Old 03-05-2017, 05:49 PM   #365
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 238.8/190/140 (first 10 in 2016)
WOE: carb nite/ allergy free
I will not panic! I will not panic! Good day eating yesterday and the scale was up 3 more lbs today. That makes 7 I think from my low before last weekend. EEEEKKK! Im sure it will go back down but eeek!

I downloaded a new keto cookbook and had dh mark a few things he would like to try.

Todays eats~

left over low carb chicken fingers

2 beef hot dogs, cheese and red peppers

cream cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Mick ~ comfy pj's is what it's all about. I, not getting out of mine either. What is zaycon chicken? Never heard of it.

Baked chimichangas ~
Got a hunk of top round, put in bowl. In a separate bowl I combined some sugar free ketchup I tried to make that really was awful as ketchup and was going to throw out. But most recipes call for tomato paste small can. Use some beef stock to thin it. Add garlic, cumin, ancho chili seasoning, I'm very liberal with these, and any other Mexican spices I have hanging around. Also your supposed to add a tablespoon or 2 of honey depending on the size of meat. I don't bother. Then cover meat with mixture , just dump it on, put in fridge for at least 6 hours.

When ready to get meat cooking slice up half an onion and layer onion on bottom of crockpot. Dice jalapeño layer on onion. Grab meat and set on top of onion and jalapeño. Then add a couple cups of beef broth to the pot around the meat I don't pour on top of meat cause I want that marinade staying on top of it. I started the crock at midnight so it would be done when I got up, about 8 hours cooking time on low in my crock, YMMV. When done, fork it! And mix up your onions and jalapeño into the meat mixture

Flour tortillas maybe 3/4 -1 cup of meat down the center, some shredded Colby jack down the center on top of the meat then roll it like a chimi and put on a parchment paper lined cookie tray. Repeat till meat is gone. Then melt butter and brush chimis with butter, pop in oven at 350. When the start browning up I take out and run more cheese down the tops of all the chimis, pop back in. When nicely golden and top cheese is melted, remove and garnish with cilantro.

I keep some meat mixture out for my chimi bowl.

Then we have tomato, green onion, olive, sour cream, salsa, cholula and everyone puts what they want on their chimi.

In my bowl I have the meat mixture add cheese and all the toppings. All the yummies no bad carbies!
That sounds divine! Thank you! We would just do the chimi bowls too.
Zaycon is a meat service. They are non med meat at fantastic prices. Friday I picked up 40 lbs of boneless skin less breast at 1.49 a lb. Boneless skinless thighs were 1.69. Grass fed grain finished ground beef usually runs 2.99 a lb for the 80/20. If you google Zaycon you can see if they are in your area.

Your chicken in the Parmesan sounds like it will be excellent! You are making some good plans!!! You will be all set by Voilets birthday!!! Oh my heavens! Thank heavens I caught the auto correct! It changed Violet to toilet Dumb auto correct! I once years ago had it change pencil to pen!s. At the time we were very rural as in 30 miles from a store. FIL was coming down and asked if I needed anything. I typed I needed a few pencils if he could pick a pack up. He typed back saying to read what I typed. UGH!!!!

Quote:
Dimply.........251........234.5............220.... ...............233

Yay broke into a new decade! Hope I can keep this going. I did not make it through fasting clean yesterday. I broke late last night and had a pickle and a handful of nuts. Eh? Best choices to just be able to sleep? Maybe not. But I'm not going to over analyze it. Coulda been a lot worse. Actually I feel pretty good about it. Really that amounts to fat, salt and crunch in its basic form! if I would have hit sugar those are all my basic binge or fall off the wagon goodies. Salt, fat and crunch just usually come in a very different form than a pickle and nuts.

Continue fasting till tomorrow. I have 2 serving of broth left. I will save one for that late night crutch it looks like I need. That was the roughest day fasting ever, really hoping today is easier.
WOO HOO on the new decade!!!! Your doing fabulous!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post

I have done nothing but sleep all weekend - I must have been more tired than I thought. I haven't worn anything except pjs since Friday, much less left the house. Friday night my sister asked me to check the grocery stores for some spice she needs to make a dip for a baby shower but cannot find in NOLA. I knew I wouldn't want to have to check a few stores then hit the post office to send them out 2nd day, so I ordered on Amazon & she should have them today. That alone was worth the prime fee

Major whoosh this week - 4.5 lbs!! Why can't this happen every week??? I'd be at goal by Halloween!

I use mayo as a binder when coating chicken. Mostly out of laziness, but it keeps the meat moist also.

Any lurkers can see how awesome we are..lol! Come join us!!

Michelle - Congrats on a new decade You are doing great! Good luck getting through the rest of today & till dinner tomorrow.
Chimichanga in a bowl sounds so good!

Mick - for re-jammying!! I've been styling all weekend in sweatshirts & pj bottoms.
I googled Zaycon & it looks interesting. Bet you're set for chicken for a while!
I had heard that about flavor enhancers. America's Test Kitchen did an experiment where they went to a popular location in Boston & had people taste test brownies made from a boxed mix, and from their best from scratch recipe. The vast majority preferred the brownies made from a box because not only is that what we're most used to eating these days, but because of the enhancers used. I would binge on both
Red peppers in egg salad sounds good. I may need to pick up a jar this week. I'm looking for something new to add to my salads now that my olive salad is almost gone.

yesterday:
D - chicken breast sauteed in butter; salad w/lettuce, cheese, bacon, & Green Goddess dressing
Quote:
WOO hoo that is a really awesome loss!!!!! Way to go!!! I love prime. Its well worth and well worth you getting to stay in PJ's!!! I'm glad to hear you got lots of rest. It sounds like you needed it! Got to love Pj weekends!!!

I think we have been getting most of our meat from Zaycon about 2 years. I cant wait for my bacon order! Heaven forbid I have to shop so I stock up!

Olive salad sounds good. How do you make it? The red peppers are the fresh red bell pepper type. I have a batch I made for tomorrow with avocado, onion, eggs, red peppers and mayo.

I can make a low carb mug cake and be satisfied but can eat half a gluten free cake. Maybe the flours being so fiber and protein rich in the low carb mug cakes makes difference? That is interesting about the brownies and I believe it! The box reads like a chemical factory!!!

Have you tried the Divinci vs the Torani? Im wondering if there is a big difference. I want to try salted caramel but can only find the Devinci locally. Its not a bad price are $9.99. ive only boughten Torani before.

Last edited by Mick6; 03-05-2017 at 05:54 PM..
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:16 PM   #366
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Mick - Scales are evil for no good reason

I buy the olive salad in NOLA. It is used primarily on a local sandwich called the muffaletta, and I love it in salads. I have made it before, but it was not worth the effort. Pretty high in carbs too, so I limit myself to 1 jar per year.

I buy both DaVinci and Torani, and do not really have a preference; they are pretty much the same to me. The salted caramel I have now is Torani's and is delicious; not sure if I have ever had the DaVinci's in that flavor. I drink it in chocolate flavored coffee.

Have fun with your new cookbook!

at autocorrect

Michelle - How's the fast going?

today's eats:
D - grilled ribeye hot dog; salad w/lettuce, tomatoes, creamy Italian dressing
Old 03-05-2017, 09:28 PM   #367
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Major whoosh this week - 4.5 lbs!! Why can't this happen every week??? I'd be at goal by Halloween
Holy moly! NICE! congrats, I'm super happy for youkeep it up, you are so on a roll and deserve that.

I just looked up olive salad, that looks like a taste bud explosion. What's in yours that's high in carbs? I looked at a couple recipes.....
Old 03-05-2017, 09:37 PM   #368
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Mick ~ maybe you need to change batteries in scale? Your menu always looks great. What in the world would cause 7 lbs? Do you have a lot of inflammation going on? You can bet I would be freaking out. Good for you for keeping calm and carry on. Thanks for the info on Zaycon. I doubt it's anywhere near here but I'm googling tomorrow. It sounds like a deal.

Today was a breeze. Never hungry. Had broth about 4 pm I think. Super energy today too. Happy to be breaking it tomorrow though cause I just wanna eat. By lunch it will be a 67 hour fast. I'm good with that.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:15 AM   #369
butterflysj
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: butterflysj
Hi Everyone,

Today is my first day restarting the LCHF way of life. I had lost approximately 30 lbs before but have gained it all back. I am 49 years old, 5 feet 4 and half inches and weigh 170 lbs. My doctor has advised that I need to lose 35 lbs.

May I join your Summer 2017 Challenge?
butterflysj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 06:26 AM   #370
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Ok down 3 but still up 4.

I think my scale was evil for a reason. I think with my piddling around it was just a delayed gain. Maybe it was meant to scare the crap out of me

I better get my behind moving! I have to be to work 30 min early. have a fab day!

Quote:
Mick - Scales are evil for no good reason

I buy the olive salad in NOLA. It is used primarily on a local sandwich called the muffaletta, and I love it in salads. I have made it before, but it was not worth the effort. Pretty high in carbs too, so I limit myself to 1 jar per year.

I buy both DaVinci and Torani, and do not really have a preference; they are pretty much the same to me. The salted caramel I have now is Torani's and is delicious; not sure if I have ever had the DaVinci's in that flavor. I drink it in chocolate flavored coffee.

Have fun with your new cookbook!

at autocorrect

Michelle - How's the fast going?

today's eats:
D - grilled ribeye hot dog; salad w/lettuce, tomatoes, creamy Italian dressing
Good to know you like both syrups the same!!! Ill just buy the one I can get locally then.

Your menu sounds so good!!!! Are you feeling a bit more rested now? I might have to try chocolate coffee!Anything exciting today?

Quote:
Mick ~ maybe you need to change batteries in scale? Your menu always looks great. What in the world would cause 7 lbs? Do you have a lot of inflammation going on? You can bet I would be freaking out. Good for you for keeping calm and carry on. Thanks for the info on Zaycon. I doubt it's anywhere near here but I'm googling tomorrow. It sounds like a deal.

Today was a breeze. Never hungry. Had broth about 4 pm I think. Super energy today too. Happy to be breaking it tomorrow though cause I just wanna eat. By lunch it will be a 67 hour fast. I'm good with that.
I think the scale was a delayed reaction to me piddling around. I had the cake incident the weekend before and mid week tried the GF stuff. I think my gain was just delayed. I'm just glad to see 3 leave!

Wow 67 hours is amazing! I'm glad you were not hungry! Busy day today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflysj View Post
Hi Everyone,

Today is my first day restarting the LCHF way of life. I had lost approximately 30 lbs before but have gained it all back. I am 49 years old, 5 feet 4 and half inches and weigh 170 lbs. My doctor has advised that I need to lose 35 lbs.

You sure may join! Just jump on in! You can do this!
Old 03-06-2017, 07:53 AM   #371
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Butter ~ you betcha you can join. you fit right in, we're all about that age and fighting this fight for the last time. Tons of support in here what plan are you on, or low carb your way?

Mick ~ whew that's part of it off. Geez that wasn't much messing around for 7 lbs. glad it's resolving.

Dimply ~ what's up for the week? Stay on that super losses path!

I'm down 2 this morn so super happy. Don't know what moms having for lunch but she knows to cook clean for me. Then I'm measuring for new cabinets for her house so she can get them ordered. Dinner tonight and back to fasting tomorrow. My head is still in a great place for laser focus on losing and I'm riding this wave, cause I know what happens at the end of the month when hormones rear their ugly head. I know the last 2 weeks there really won't be any losses. And I have a party in there and house guests for a week.

I'll come check in when I get home...
Old 03-06-2017, 07:57 AM   #372
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

MichelleHu...251........227.............200...... .............230.6

I believe I grabbed the most recent list. Oh yeah, Butter, add yourself to the list if you want.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:23 AM   #373
butterflysj
Junior LCF Member

Thank you for being so welcoming!!!

I am more following more low carb high fat my way. Am not sure how to add myself to the list or to see responses to my post. But will give it a try and hope for the best.

ButterflySJ...170

I am so excited about joining this group!!!
Old 03-06-2017, 02:18 PM   #374
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Howdy! Boy did the day at the school go fast. Busy day! Brought my lunch today as nothing on the menu was going to work.

todays eats:

egg salad with peppers , avocado, onion and mayo

same as above

raw almonds and walnuts

Burgers with bacon and jalepno

Butterfly~ The first number is your start weight. The second is current. Third is your goal you want to hit by the end of June. Then we keep track of the current months start weight at the end so we can tally up our months losses as a group and do a running total.

For responses you'll see them here Im glad your excited! We are excited you joined us!

Michelle look at you go!!! Your just rockin this!!! Hope you had a nice visit with mom and a nice lunch!

Dimply inquiring minds want to know what deliciousness your having for omad
Old 03-06-2017, 06:11 PM   #375
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Much more rested today! Headachy because of the rain, but I'll live

Quote:
I just looked up olive salad, that looks like a taste bud explosion. What's in yours that's high in carbs? I looked at a couple recipes.....
The jarred kind that I buy has carrots in it which ups the carbs. I looked for the recipe that I used & can't find it.
Hope you had a nice lunch with your mom. I know you will keep that laser focus ; you are doing so great!
House guests for a week

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Glad you have joined us!!

Mick - Glad you had a good day at school today, and that the scale is starting to cooperate!
All of my coffees are flavored. Right now I have Cool Brew chocolate & chocolate almond, and ground white chocolate peppermint (Dunkin' holiday flavor), pumpkin spice, & king cake. Combined with my various syrups it's a sweet l/c treat in the morning!
Burgers w/bacon & jalapeno sounds so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post
Dimply inquiring minds want to know what deliciousness your having for omad
Chicken breast w/Greek seasoning sauteed in olive oil; salad w/lettuce, bacon, & blue cheese dressing. Boring, but easy & good.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:14 PM   #376
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Finally get to check in!

Dimply ~ I have never had a muffuletta, now you have king cake in your post never had that, and the olive salad that goes on a muffuletta, you live in a food wonderland. I live in a stinkin food desert. And that's no joke, eating out is an experience in how to get the least flavor out of food. They have never heard of a single spice! there is nothing on a menu that isn't on every single basic menu in every single terrible gut bomb restraunt. We got a great authentic Italian place ~ closed before they made it 2 years. But the whole town raves about the really crappy place that's been there for 60 years and is the worst Italian out of a frozen bag you can imagine. And to top it off their pizza sucks! ah carrots, well don't need those, yep kick em out.

Mick ~ actually your egg salad sounds really good. Yay another school day in the books. Do the kids all have spring fever? I have it yesterday was darn near 50 melt off was crazy, today get up and the puddles are frozen over and there is flurries. And a nasty high wind.

Butter~ I love typing that good you got the rundown on the number columns. Got anything I can drool over on your menu today? any carb withdrawal symptoms? Can be terrible. I think sugar withdrawal is the worst.

I am down another lb but I'm not claiming it cause I had a couple glasses of wine yesterday and I can tell dehydrated. Helps for getting all my water in today. So lunch at moms was awesome! First course was garlic and butter sautéed scallops. And scallops are my favorite! Then she made bacon wrapped onion rings! Nice thick slices of onion wrapped in bacon! Wow Delish! Then had gf chicken strips for dinner with the fam. Found the secret to getting crispy golden brown crust on those too...brush with butter before baking. Yeah I know...duh? I did mine in the parm coating not impressed mine were totally overdone and dry but theirs Stayed nice and moist. I think I'm going to eat today. Have tuna salad in fridge I'm going to go hit up. Might need a few meals before another run at it. I need to hang out at my moms more she eats good down there!

My whole post is about food I better go eat......
Old 03-07-2017, 06:31 PM   #377
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Howdy! How odd we had a tornado warning in March! Nice loud booming storm last night. Odd weather!

I made the fathead pizza for dinner tonight with jalepeno poppers. Mom is only about 2 miles away so I ran her some down while it was hot! Had a shake for breakfast and more egg salad for lunch. I might be egg saladed out! Ive got to eat an avocado tomorrow before it goes bad.

I should be working on some book work but here I am!

Michelle~ I think the kids always have spring fever

I also have never heard of either of the foods DIMPLY mentioned. Thats too bad there is not much good for restaurants in your area. Maybe on the other hand its good as it is less temptation!

Great job on the pound!!! So glad you had such a good meal and moms! LOL yep when all the chatter is food chatter it is time to eat!

DIMPLY I have never heard of muffuletta. Those do sound like delicious coffee flavors. I need to break out of thee plain mold and try some. Is Cool brew a brand or does cool mean a cold coffee?

Chicken breast with greek seasoning sounds good!!!

Im glad you were feeling more rested. i hope you get rid of the headache weather!

Butterfly hope you are doing well!
Old 03-08-2017, 06:08 AM   #378
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Back up 2 again. I think the scale might have death wish. I dont put too much stock in the body fat part of the scale but that is dropping.

Have a great day ladies!!
Old 03-08-2017, 09:25 AM   #379
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Dang Mick what's is up with that scale. Could be lots of salt, salty makes me retain really bad. I'm puffy right now, not even going to get on scale.

I'm bored today, miss violet is down at my moms. House is so quiet, I will probably go take a nap. Eating something for dinner I just don't know what.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:10 AM   #380
butterflysj
Junior LCF Member

So it seems navigating this thread is going to be a bit of a challenge. LOL...
Anways, my lunch today consists of tuna and mayo. However I am feeling really bloated. Not sure why. I will keep observing but am wondering if it has something to do with the cheese i ate yesterday. I drink 2 litres of water a day, diet coke and black coffee but, the scale has not moved yet.

Michelle~ definitely going through withdrawal feeling tired, edgy and really hungry!! how long does this last for:

Mick, thank your for explaining how to the list works. I have reposted with the relevant information:

ButterflySJ...170.......170.............145....... ................170

Also I have been trying to post my picture, but i keep getting a message saying that it failed. I will post as soon as I get a response back regarding what the issue might be.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:15 PM   #381
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Butter ~ oh that nasty carb flu. Everyone is different. I always kick sugar for a few days then the rest of carbs so I don't feel so cruddy. But I remember the feeling well, so does DH too. Yep keep pushing water flush it out. Rest as much as possible and I always shut myself in room and read, safer for all.

Your doing great! I just go to the last page of the thread and get caught up from there.

Last edited by MichelleHu; 03-08-2017 at 01:17 PM..
Old 03-08-2017, 06:26 PM   #382
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Hi ladies!! Whew it was a hectic one again I'm ready to hit the pillow but trying to stay up or Ill be up at 3. Logged almost 7 miles on the fitbit between work and grocery shopping.

They had a multicultural lunch at school. Im glad we could sneak down for 5 min! I got to try the the insides of an authentic Hmong egg roll. I think I could totally make that in a bowl.

The scale can kiss my behind! I had to take my belt in another notch when getting ready this morning

A friend gave me some drops to try that are supposed to give you lots of vitamins and a metabolism boost. I want to take them with me Fri to my appointment to see if there is anything in there that is bad. Ive felt run down and crappy for a while so Id take an energy boost.

I bought a new flavor of Sleepy Time tea. Vanilla! It is delicious and smells so good.

Todays eats

whey shake with almond milk
coffee with collagen and cream

guts of a hmong egg roll and some spicy beef.

Fathead pizza leftovers and a few berries

Chicken breast w/Greek seasoning sauteed in olive oil; salad w/lettuce, bacon, & blue cheese dressing. Boring, but easy & good.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Dang Mick what's is up with that scale. Could be lots of salt, salty makes me retain really bad. I'm puffy right now, not even going to get on scale.

I'm bored today, miss violet is down at my moms. House is so quiet, I will probably go take a nap. Eating something for dinner I just don't know what.
Ha I dont know what up with the scale. I still have an ovary though I had a hysterectomy and dont get cramps and stuff anymore. Maybe its PMS? Last test it was still functioning.

Hope the puff goes away for you soon! Your right no point stepping on if you know your holding water. Sorry your missing Miss Violet today. Do you get her soon? Hope you had a good dinner!

Quote:
So it seems navigating this thread is going to be a bit of a challenge. LOL...
Anways, my lunch today consists of tuna and mayo. However I am feeling really bloated. Not sure why. I will keep observing but am wondering if it has something to do with the cheese i ate yesterday. I drink 2 litres of water a day, diet coke and black coffee but, the scale has not moved yet.

Michelle~ definitely going through withdrawal feeling tired, edgy and really hungry!! how long does this last for:

Mick, thank your for explaining how to the list works. I have reposted with the relevant information:

ButterflySJ...170.......170.............145....... ................170

Also I have been trying to post my picture, but i keep getting a message saying that it failed. I will post as soon as I get a response back regarding what the issue might be.
I see your pic If there is anything we can do to help you navigate easier just give one of us a holler. I generally find my last post and read down from there. If you want to reply to someone directly you hit the quote button on their post. Then the post button closer to the bottom and it will carry the quotes over into your post for you.

I hope the withdrawal doesn't last long for you! If your hungry fill up on protein and fat. It makes it so much easier in the beginning.

DIMPLY hope you had a good day!!!!
Old 03-09-2017, 10:15 AM   #383
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Hope everyone is doing well!

Today is DH's - the big 5-0! It's his boss' birthday also so he scheduled a team building exercise at a Brazilian steakhouse. And an awesome cake from a bakery near here. I'm predicting a 2 hour lunch with about 20 minutes team building

Cool Brew is a brand of coffee concentrate that you add water to & drink hot or cold. Until recently I could not find it locally & had to either stock up when in NOLA or have visitors bring it. When my family evacuated here for Katrina, my mom had me running all over town looking for it. Before it was marketed already made, lots of people in NOLA made their own concentrate by constantly pouring boiling water over coffee grounds, then refrigerating the concentrate. We always had a Tupperware pitcher of coffee syrup (as I called it) in the fridge when I was growing up. The king cake coffee I cannot get here; only in NOLA and only during Mardi Gras (Jan 6 - Mardi Gras Day). A muffaletta is an awesome sandwich which was invented in NOLA in the early 1900s. The ingredients are simple (&low carb!), but it's all about the bread. If the bread isn't right, the sandwich isn't right, and the bread is hard to find outside of NOLA.

Tons of places to eat here in Houston, and yes, sometimes it is too much choice. Before DH & I got back on l/c it was back & forth - "where do you want to eat? I don't care, where do you want to eat? Anywhere". Then one of us would mention a place & the other would say, "not there"

There is a 'View First Unread' link that will take you to your first unread post. It is just above the first post on each page, to the left.

The guts of a Hmong egg roll sound good! What is in it?

Nice pic Butter!

Add me to the bloated list. Ugh! It's not TOM so who knows. Staying away from the scale too.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:12 PM   #384
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Mick ~ we always have miss Violet. Her and her mom DD1 live with us. Super nice when she goes down to my moms on Wednesdays. But so quiet. She was my helper today getting some stuff ready for her birthday.

Dimply ~ bloated too huh? I swear we all follow each other around. Mine is going down, hopefully done after tomorrow, didn't bother weighing today either but I'm sure I won't be able so stay off the scale tomorrow. I have scale issues!

Butter ~ all of your bloat should definitely be on the way out. Gotta love that initial drop! Keep going your doing great.

I decided I'm fasting today. Kept busy till now so never felt hungry. Why bother now? Might have some bites of tuna if I get wonky later, that first day need a few bites just to sleep thing. Hmmm.... I got nothin'. I'll come check back later.....
Old 03-09-2017, 05:26 PM   #385
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

The scale decided to be nice to be finally! I'll take it and have a party when Im back to where I was! Busy day. My coworker was ill so I had to go in early. I found out I passed my big test with 90%. Whew that is a relief!

I ended up logging over 7 miles.

Todays eats

sausage and 2 eggs

protein shake and part of a turkey hot dog ( yuck)

sausage and a veggie and cheese omelette with bacon

Michelle, Awww so you get the cuteness all the time then! I wondered how sleep and fasting went. I cant sleep hungry.

Dimply now coffee syrup sounds quite handy!!! Next time I go to NOLA I need to investigate more! Sorry to hear you are bloated too. I hope your dh has a fabulous 50th and a great lunch! The egg roll had a clear starchy wrapper I peeled off and was filled with shredded veggies. Mostly cabbage from the taste of it. I could also taste ginger. I need to ask her for the recipe. It had a fabulous spicy sauce.

Butter hope all is well and the bloat left!

Last edited by Mick6; 03-09-2017 at 05:29 PM..
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 07:14 AM   #386
butterflysj
Junior LCF Member

Woohoooo I'm 2 lbs lighter on the scale!!

Mick6 Congrats on passing your big test!! must have been stressful prepping for it. That is how i starting regaining my weight...stress eating due to a big test, then before i knew it...couldn't' stop.

Dimply - Thank you. Finally figured out how to upload the pic.

Michelle - how often do you fast? Do you do this to get over a plateau?

I am already having a bit of a challenge here at work. I have a colleague who brought cupcakes to celebrate his Bday. I mentioned that as I am on low carb diet so will not be able to eat them. He is insisting that I must as they are to celebrate. He will be serving them at around 1 p.m at a team meeting after lunch..
Help!! not sure how to handle this.

I just want to say, it is really helpful to be part of this group. It has definitely gotten me through the last few days.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:44 AM   #387
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Butter ~ food pushers are no fun. Say " no, thank you" and turn away to resume conversation with someone else. You"ll see that guy coming. Besides you've had a cupcake before right? You know what they taste like. This isn't going to be the most heavenly famous cupcake made by a world renown pastry chef is it? No. Then you don't want it! Don't bother telling people your LC they seem to take it as a challenge and it just invites them to keep talking and pushing.

Congrats on the loss, saying no to that cupcake will keep the losses coming!

Last edited by MichelleHu; 03-10-2017 at 08:45 AM..
Old 03-10-2017, 08:59 AM   #388
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

I woke up hungry again. So decided it would not make for a good fasting day. So I decided to do a potato hack. I've done them before but not for a few years so reading up on the newer threads see if there's any new info to the hack but it seems just the same and simple as could be. I need a shakeup. I did put hwc in my coffee before it struck me to throw a curve ball.

Am I ovulating? Does anyone else go up a couple lbs and it won't budge during the lead up to ovulation cause I think that's what is happening also still with the puffiness. We should know soon enough, it should be on my left side which gives me hell. Stinkin water won't budge.

I'm boiling potatoes, needed to use them up anyways. Saved 3 of them to make baked fries tonight. It's funny when I potato hack then both girls are digging into my potatoes to make mashed for themselves. Not funny haha - funny as in "where's my potatoes , you ate my dinner"!! The one thing i can have on a hack and those 2 are chowing down. So will be buying more today just in case. Going for at least 3 days. First to get rid of these 3 lbs worth of bloat and to hit a new low after that. Longest I've done it is 6 days. I'm going to try! I've never I don't think put results in a post so I don't think I can go back and see an official. I may have to go and try searching for my old posts. I would have said down one down 2 but not list it. I'll go see later just out of curiosity.

So just to make this official
3/10 - 230.4 - tsp hwc in coffee before deciding to PH.
3/11 -
Old 03-10-2017, 09:28 AM   #389
butterflysj
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Butter ~ food pushers are no fun. Say " no, thank you" and turn away to resume conversation with someone else. You"ll see that guy coming. Besides you've had a cupcake before right? You know what they taste like. This isn't going to be the most heavenly famous cupcake made by a world renown pastry chef is it? No. Then you don't want it! Don't bother telling people your LC they seem to take it as a challenge and it just invites them to keep talking and pushing.

Congrats on the loss, saying no to that cupcake will keep the losses coming!
You are right. I am eating my lunch and also filling up on my water to strengthen my resolve and will not sabotage my progress for a cupcake. Thanks for the pep talk. I really needed it as I could feel myself craving the cupcake before even seeing it.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:40 PM   #390
DrunkenSailor
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DrunkenSailor
Quote:
I am already having a bit of a challenge here at work. I have a colleague who brought cupcakes to celebrate his Bday. I mentioned that as I am on low carb diet so will not be able to eat them. He is insisting that I must as they are to celebrate. He will be serving them at around 1 p.m at a team meeting after lunch..
Help!! not sure how to handle this.

I just want to say, it is really helpful to be part of this group. It has definitely gotten me through the last few days.
So how did it go with the food pusher? Someone telling me I "must" eat something would make me angry. It just pushes all my buttons around power, consent, autonomy, (in this case) men telling women what to do with their bodies, etc.

What's a good response to this? Smile (or roll eyes) and ask:
"Are you threatening to physically assault me?"
"No, thanks, I can make decisions about my own body."
"I'll just celebrate your birthday by wishing you "Happy Birthday!"

???
DrunkenSailor is offline   Reply With Quote