Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-19-2017, 07:51 AM   #151
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/157/125 79.25" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Good Morning!

Unfortunately the weather forecast was accurate & we had more rain yesterday afternoon and again this morning starting about 6:30. It is not raining as hard as yesterday morning so no new flooding, but with the level of the canals and bayous so high, there is only so much more rain they can take until they overflow. A city bus was in 2 feet of water at a particularly deep underpass yesterday.

Yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & DaVinvci's
D - mayo/parmesan chicken, salad w/bacon & blue cheese dressing

Have a great day!!
Dimply is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2017, 08:45 AM   #152
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MichelleHu
Stats: 257/213.6/140
WOE: LC/GF Fung Fasting
Start Date: 12/1/2001 then 5/29/13 restart 12/29/16
Dimply ~ Stay safe, hoping the waters recede.

3 lbs to go to make my January goal, so pretty darn happy about that. Have a bunch of running around to do, so just popping in quick. Everyone plan for your weekend so you don't get caught in bad food situations.

Check in later....
MichelleHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:39 PM   #153
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 238.8/190/140 (first 10 in 2016)
WOE: carb nite/ allergy free
Howdy!!! It looks like everyone is doing fabulous!!!

Busy day here again. I swear no matter what happens tomorrow I get to come home from work, stay home and not have to do a bunch of stuff for anyone

I have been aching everywhere about two weeks. I'm getting more tired by the day. I'm so wiped out after work lately it has been a big effort to do what I have to do after. Yes, my job is pretty active but it has been that way since October when I took it. I ended up over 6 miles today according to fitbit but thats pretty normal. Dh thought maybe I was having another Lyme's flare. Those come with major headaches so I dont think so! I'll give it one more week and if it continues I'll get checked out. I'm over due anyways. I was thinking maybe it was artificial sweetener but I eliminated that the last 6 days. How annoying whatever it is!

I am down a whole whopping ounce Better than what I have been up

Todays eats:

Coffee with cream

chicken breast with skin, lettuce and broccoli with ranch

nuts and cheese

3 hot dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenSailor View Post
Hey, everyone, I'm still here and plugging away.

Last week my average was 189.1, down from 190.6, and for tomorrow I'm looking at 186-something. I predict gaining the week after, though, since I'm entering the TOM zone. I have never in my life lost three weeks in a row. I could blame the hormones, but it's also losing focus.

The best news for me is that my SO started to low carb with me last weekend.
Way to go! your doing great! thats fabulous your So joined you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpoison View Post
Yes.... I am still slinking around...... I have gained...... been a bad girl. Been pretty good the last two days...hope to keep it going. Enough said
Being a bad girl is way fun I know. Just remember good girls get to pick out more fun summer clothes I'm glad your back. You got this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsVardy View Post
Thank you everyone for the encouragement - I really appreciate it!.

What are cream eggs?

Cream eggs:

2/3 cups heavy cream
6 large eggs

And that is it you cook them thin so they are like a pancake, then I put waldon farm's zero calorie syrup on them and I think I'm having pancakes. The receipe is from the TNT book. I'm not a fan of eggs but I like these - they made 4 really big servings.

Menu for today:
B - Cream Eggs, 3 pieces of center cut bacon
L - Bacon cheeseburger skillet (Linda Sue)
D - Atkins Shake, piece of cheese
Thanks for explaining how to make the cream eggs! I'll try those this weekend. Your doing a fab job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleHu View Post
Yay all my puffy is gone. Pretty interesting fasting to get it off in what will be 2 days at 5 pm. Wow that's way better than 3-5 days. I'm back at my lowest which inspires me to fast one more day. I had chicken broth so it's not a pure water fast, but that broth kept me from having to dip into the pink salt. Also got back to mct oil yesterday, hmm.

Glad to see everyone is checking in, keep checking in helps keep us all on the straight and narrow.

So at the end of December when I was kicking sugar and preparing to go LC again, I was 257 and first goal was 240. 6 of that did come off just kicking sugar before the first of Jan. Realizing how great first month losses always are I wanted to do that in the first month, that's a lot but I had no idea I would get into fasting. I actually think I can do it. I have 5 to go and what 12 days to do it? So I see some 48 hour fasts in my future, which are getting pretty easy. Thinking out loud anyways, but it sounds good in my head!
Your really rocking the numbers for sure!! way to go Michelle! I think your right checking in helps a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMe View Post
This is just a quick drive by. Had to report that I changed my weigh in day to Weds. I was thrilled to find out that I had lost 3.2 lbs in the last 5 days. I guess I was holding more water than I thought. Down 10.4 this month. Gotta love the January restart whooshes.
Have a lovely day!

Mick............228.8.....221.2..........202
MrsVardy....269.6.....258.6..........230
Dimply.........251........244.5..........220
FindingMe...257........246.6..........217
MichelleHu..251........245.............200
DrSailor.......190.........190.6..........175
GliderGirl.....181.0......181.0.........162.9
That is so awesome!!! Way to go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimply View Post
Major rain & flooding here this morning, but the sun is out now and the water is going down. Unfortunately it is supposed to rain tomorrow - Sat. If too much too quickly like today, the canals and bayous that are already overflowing or near their top will not have time to go down. Unfortunately there is no drainage here; the canals were designed to keep the water flowing to lakes & the Gulf.

Mick6 - So sorry about your previous boss. At the job I had during my college-age years, at least 4 of my co-workers have passed away. This was almost 25 years ago, but we were all late teens - early 30s then, so they were all pretty young when they died
Glad you were able to have a lazy day with your honey yesterday. I totally understand the pet food priority!
Hope that last pound goes away soon, and takes a few friends!
I still use VCR exercise tapes too. And to make me sound even more old school - Richard Simmons!!! I will make myself sound even older. When I was about 10, my mom & I were in a record store (remember those?) and she bought his exercise record. The record sleeve had directions of the moves to each song, and the songs were pretty cute. Anyway, while we were there, Richard Simmons' dad came up to us and introduced himself. I can remember that, but can't remember why I walked into a room or what really important thing I had to tell DH
Your stir fry sounds delicious!
Yes, OMAD = one meal a day. What does DB stand for?
No 50th birthday bash for DH. He said he wanted to keep it low key.

Have a great day!
That is pretty frightening about all the rain! I sure hope it eases up!!

That is really sad about all your old coworkers passing so young

Thats pretty neat about Richard Simmons dad! I always like Richard Simmons. So positive and non intimidating! i'm with you on the memory thing!

Your really doing great! WTG!!

Quote:
Hubby eating salt and vinegar chips in living room
Smelled them when I walked by, mouth watered
I'm hiding in bedroom, while granddaughter is napping, wish I could nap
This is what I want to do but we all know that's just not cool! Lol!

I really have no idea if the mct is helping with anything. I know better than to take it too early, that turns my tummy. I think it might help get me over the mid afternoon slump. Got a big 'ol jar so trying to make a habit out of it, can't hurt.
Sorry ya had to go through the chip torment. Those are my favorite. Ya got to love those guys but dont ya just want to slap the junk out of their hands sometimes? I put mct in my coffee a lot. I cant tell any difference from coconut oil so far. I'm curious to see if you notice a difference over time.

Quote:
Unfortunately the weather forecast was accurate & we had more rain yesterday afternoon and again this morning starting about 6:30. It is not raining as hard as yesterday morning so no new flooding, but with the level of the canals and bayous so high, there is only so much more rain they can take until they overflow. A city bus was in 2 feet of water at a particularly deep underpass yesterday.

Yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & DaVinvci's
D - mayo/parmesan chicken, salad w/bacon & blue cheese dressing

Have a great day!!
I've got my fingers crossed the rain stops.I hope you all are safe there.

Quote:
Dimply ~ Stay safe, hoping the waters recede.

3 lbs to go to make my January goal, so pretty darn happy about that. Have a bunch of running around to do, so just popping in quick. Everyone plan for your weekend so you don't get caught in bad food situations.

Check in later....
You will totally make 3 lbs!
Mick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 10:13 PM   #154
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

My mom, 1 of my DD's and I went to bingo. Roads were clear and before we get snowed in again we decided to split town and hit the bingo hall. I bingo'd 4 times walked out over $500 ahead woohoo. DD bingo'd once and my mom bingo'd 4 times too, boy did we have fun. And so happy to be able to leave the house.

So I'm fasting and just in case I took a cheese stick. Didn't eat it, think I'm past the hunger stage completely. 5 pm was 3 full days. I'm going to eat dinner tomorrow. So it will be 4 days, I can't believe I can even do it, this has been the easiest time yet. Having some tea before bed. Thinking a big taco salad tomorrow.

I'm so glad everyone is doing so great and kicking butt. Menus look great! I joined the right group!
Old 01-19-2017, 10:22 PM   #155
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Mick~ wow didn't you say you expect it to be that busy for like 7 more weeks too? You are going to need a vacation. Take care of yourself, don't get rundown.

Dimply~ glad to hear the waters are going down! We are all thinking of you!

Findingme~ Very nice whoosh! I love it!

Sweetpoison~ no need to slink around we are so here for you. So keep checking in, it works!

Everyone nose to the grindstone this weekend, weekends can be tough, YOU can be tougher.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:22 AM   #156
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Good morning! Wow we have melting snow dripping off the roof. This is some sweet January weather even if it is icy as heck!

Michelle Do you mean my miles at work and running that busy? If so Its always that much running at work. That is awesome you won so much!!! Woo HOO!! Glad you got to get out and have some fun!

Dimply Hope the water has went down!

I hope each and every one of you has a fabulous day!!!

Mick............228.8.....220.2..........202
MichelleHu..251........245.............200
Old 01-20-2017, 05:22 AM   #157
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

We are well here - no more rain forecast until at least next weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick6 View Post
Thats pretty neat about Richard Simmons dad! I always like Richard Simmons. So positive and non intimidating! i'm with you on the memory thing!
He seems like a cool guy, and he has helped so many people. His brother is my cousin's godfather, so by NOLA standards we are practically related He was one of my high school teacher's prom date and she showed us their picture. He looked the same pretty much, only heavier, and he had tried to tame his hair
Please take care of yourself. Remember - it is OK to say "no" once in a while

Michelle - Congrats on winning $500!! I cannot get over that you have fasted for almost 4 days I am glad it is working for you, and please continue to listen to your body.

Yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & DaVinci's
D - pork shop sauteed in butter, salad w/olive salad & caesar dressing

Have a great day!!
Old 01-20-2017, 07:23 AM   #158
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FindingMe
Thanks y'all!

Michelle - Congrats on the big $$$ win!

Mick - Way to go on another loss!
Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly. I hope you get some good rest this weekend!

Dimply - Glad to hear your rain has let up! We are about to get another MAJOR 3 day round (after a serious gully washer last night), but it is pretty normal around here as we average 67 inches per year and are pretty much surrounded by water. I wouldn't hate it as much if I had not moved back to a house that has flooding issues in the front entrance so it rarely gets a chance to dry out which affects my hyperosmia.

I did end up getting some ground beef this week. I got the leaner 90/10 and I'm not too happy with it, but it is something different. I was going to get steaks, too, but just couldn't find anything decent. Oh and my hunt for fresh green beans didn't end well, but I won't bore you with those details. I'm going to look again next time I can escape.
My hunger seems a little better, but I am trying to eat at least 1300 cals per day.
I starting TOM ysd (after nothing in 11.3 months!!!), but I'm hoping it is just a quick goodbye as it has been minimal compared to my normal horrendous-ness. I guess this means I have to start over the 12 month count to The Pause?! ARGH-UH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you all get the weather that you desire this weekend! I'll probably stick around the house since we'll be having ark weather.

Last edited by FindingMe; 01-20-2017 at 07:33 AM..
FindingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 07:52 AM   #159
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

MichelleHu..251........241.8............200

Is this the most recent? First one I found.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:59 AM   #160
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Tired this morning, definitely going to eat and break this fast. Hope to get to 5 pm but anytime today is fine. One of Fungs books came in finally, going to be lazy this morn drink coffee and read. I expect to go up a couple after eating. Was just up one lb last time after 3 days. It's all an experiment so I will see what the scale says tomorrow.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:19 PM   #161
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

findingme ~ "be having ark weather" hilarious but not funny stay safe, flooding is just terrible.

Had my taco salad, ate it pretty slow, just to be safe. Alls well so far. Granddaughter practicing her post nap speech. She's awake. Okay gotta go get her. I be back....
Old 01-21-2017, 08:30 AM   #162
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

MichelleHu..251........240.............200

That officially puts me down to 100 lbs to go. Which is good and bad. Ya know? Having a special dinner on Monday so expect to go up from that but jump back on the next day. How is everyone?
Old 01-21-2017, 08:50 AM   #163
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Wahoo Michelle! Look at you go. Congrats!!!
Old 01-21-2017, 09:19 AM   #164
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Yesterday was a white knuckle day. I wanted to eat everything! When I went out at lunchtime, it was sunny and in the 80s but by evening a huge storm came through. It was right over us; the thunder sounded like it was in the house it was so loud.

Wow Michelle!! WTG!! Enjoy the Dr Fung book.

FindingMe - Stay safe & dry. I hope you do not get water in your house. I know those anxious hours of helplessly watching the water getting closer & closer to your door; BTDT too many times, rosary in hand.
Sorry you got your period. It sucks at any time, but especially after almost a year! Mother Nature can be downright evil sometimes

Mick6 - Hope you are having a nice relaxing weekend!

Yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & s/f DaVinci
D - chicken breast sauteed in olive oil, salad w/feta cheese, kalamata olives, & Greek vinaigrette dressing
Old 01-22-2017, 07:14 AM   #165
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Where is everyone?

Missed today's weigh-in; I have been up since 3:30 with my diabetic cat who is having a hypoglycemic episode. And TOM came to visit. Ugh! Not a good day so far and it's only 8:15.

Yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & s/f DaVinci's
D - sausage dipped in mayo/mustard; salad w/bacon, cheese, & Green Goddess dressing
Old 01-22-2017, 07:36 AM   #166
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Dimply~ if I was up since 3:30, and that rotten Tom had also showed up AND I was worried sick about my kitty, I can promise you that standing ON the scale is not what I would do to it. You take it easy, get some rest when you can. And I sure hope your kitty gets feeling better. We have a dog with Lyme disease she's had a couple acute episodes and it's just heart breaking, just love her to pieces.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:41 AM   #167
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

MichelleHu..251........238.8.............200

Ate dinner again last night tuna salad and a cheese stick lol. Haven't decided about dinner tonight. Listening to my body. We have a dinner party tomorrow night, definitely eating there.

How is everyone doing?
Old 01-22-2017, 08:01 AM   #168
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone! Sorry I missed popping in yesterday. We had the funeral earlier in the day then had to do a 2 hour away drive to take care of an issue. All fixed and 2 hours back. It was a relaxing drive. Once home we heated up leftovers and watched a movie. Of course I feel asleep but I had gotten up at 4.

I made my clothes DB 1 month goal today. So as long as I hold that weight and hopefully lose more I get part of the round one pot There are birthdays and I need to make a cake and we are taking the family to dinner. So it will be a challenge for sure the 29/30th.

I'm sure the hurting all over an being so run down feeling is a lyme's flare now like dh suggested. You'd think after 8 years and a bazillion rounds of meds I'd be sure of the signs. Yesterday I started getting the numbness and tingling and a slight fever. I'll be calling tomorrow. Darn ticks!! Not that it stops me from enjoying the woods and feeding the deer that bring them. After all I've already got it. I cant wait until it is warm enough for long walks with my dogs again in the woods and fishing in the trout stream. Its so peaceful and lovely.

Mick............228.8.....218.5..........202

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMe View Post
Thanks y'all!

Michelle - Congrats on the big $$$ win!

Mick - Way to go on another loss!
Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly. I hope you get some good rest this weekend!

Dimply - Glad to hear your rain has let up! We are about to get another MAJOR 3 day round (after a serious gully washer last night), but it is pretty normal around here as we average 67 inches per year and are pretty much surrounded by water. I wouldn't hate it as much if I had not moved back to a house that has flooding issues in the front entrance so it rarely gets a chance to dry out which affects my hyperosmia.

I did end up getting some ground beef this week. I got the leaner 90/10 and I'm not too happy with it, but it is something different. I was going to get steaks, too, but just couldn't find anything decent. Oh and my hunt for fresh green beans didn't end well, but I won't bore you with those details. I'm going to look again next time I can escape.
My hunger seems a little better, but I am trying to eat at least 1300 cals per day.
I starting TOM ysd (after nothing in 11.3 months!!!), but I'm hoping it is just a quick goodbye as it has been minimal compared to my normal horrendous-ness. I guess this means I have to start over the 12 month count to The Pause?! ARGH-UH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you all get the weather that you desire this weekend! I'll probably stick around the house since we'll be having ark weather.
Oh no I am so sorry to hear TOM reared its head after almost a year!!! UGH!

Sorry to hear the hunt for fresh green beans was not a success. For those fries you can use frozen. You just get tiny nubs

Sorry to hear about the flooding issues in front. Do you pick up a musty smell? I hope the rain lets up! Hope the rain leaves!!

Quote:
Tired this morning, definitely going to eat and break this fast. Hope to get to 5 pm but anytime today is fine. One of Fungs books came in finally, going to be lazy this morn drink coffee and read. I expect to go up a couple after eating. Was just up one lb last time after 3 days. It's all an experiment so I will see what the scale says tomorrow.
Quote:

That officially puts me down to 100 lbs to go. Which is good and bad. Ya know? Having a special dinner on Monday so expect to go up from that but jump back on the next day. How is everyone?
Way to go Michelle!!! Your doing fabulously!!! Are there big health benefits to fasting besides weight? Enjoy your new book

Quote:
Yesterday was a white knuckle day. I wanted to eat everything! When I went out at lunchtime, it was sunny and in the 80s but by evening a huge storm came through. It was right over us; the thunder sounded like it was in the house it was so loud.

Wow Michelle!! WTG!! Enjoy the Dr Fung book.

FindingMe - Stay safe & dry. I hope you do not get water in your house. I know those anxious hours of helplessly watching the water getting closer & closer to your door; BTDT too many times, rosary in hand.
Sorry you got your period. It sucks at any time, but especially after almost a year! Mother Nature can be downright evil sometimes

Mick6 - Hope you are having a nice relaxing weekend!

Yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & s/f DaVinci
D - chicken breast sauteed in olive oil, salad w/feta cheese, kalamata olives, & Greek vinaigrette dressing
Quote:
Where is everyone?

Missed today's weigh-in; I have been up since 3:30 with my diabetic cat who is having a hypoglycemic episode. And TOM came to visit. Ugh! Not a good day so far and it's only 8:15.

Yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & s/f DaVinci's
D - sausage dipped in mayo/mustard; salad w/bacon, cheese, & Green Goddess dressing
Dimply I hope you are drying out a bit! I love those big loud storms.

Your chicken breast sounds divine!! Yum!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat and TOM! I hope the kitty is doing better and TOM is short. Thats the best part about the cancer warning and hysterectomy. No TOM. I hope your day gets much better!

Last edited by Mick6; 01-22-2017 at 08:03 AM..
Old 01-22-2017, 08:46 AM   #169
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Michelle - WTG on another loss! You are just melting away.

Dimply - So sorry about the TOM and kitty issues! I hope all feels better soon!!!

Mick - Congrats on the new numbers! Woop woop!!!
I hope you get some feel good relief soon!!!
Yep, all the never ending wet, smells musty and wet doggish most of the time. Luckily, I go in and out through the garage as much as possible.

Thanks y'all! We have one more round coming through this morning. Most of the tornadoes and serious winds were to the north, but we did get major hail last night. That always baffles me when it is almost 80 degrees! Sounded like hardballs hitting the roof. Some of the area just got pea sized, but we had 2" diameter and 70mph wind gusts. I think my windows are all okay, but I haven't been outside to inspect the roof yet. The house is less than a year old so hopefully, all is well.

I'm still faithfully on track after 3 weeks (very unusual for me to string together that many good days in a row), but that monthly treat day has been flashing like a neon flashing light in my brain. I had accumulated a list that was mostly plan friendly of things that I was craving with just a couple of things that weren't. I know I need the occasional break/mtnc day to not completely backtrack, but... Now, I keep telling myself that as long as the weight is coming off...even with the expected slower normal losses for me, I really don't want to derail that. So, I may just allow myself one treat, which will be more about the espresso and less about the sugar. And I'm thinking about the last Friday of the month which is next week. If I can stick with just that and NO BOOZE while everyone around me is partying especially during Mardi Gras season, I'll be extremely proud of myself as February rolls in.

I hope everyone has a wonderful restful day and feels great for the new week!

Last edited by FindingMe; 01-22-2017 at 08:47 AM..
Old 01-22-2017, 09:04 AM   #170
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

You can do it FINDINGME!!!! I dont think there is a thing wrong with little treats if that is what helps us stay on track. Your really doing great on the now alcohol too! Congrats on 3 weeks on track!!!

You also wont have the hangover ( food and sugar ) of the partiers

I hope everything and all of you stay safe during the storm!! That us some strong wind!!! Frightening.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:41 PM   #171
glidergirl
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glidergirl
Hi All! I'm having shoulder surgery on the 30th, so have been cramming in doing everything I can before I can't drive for awhile. Mostly taking all the computer and software classes for my new computerized sewing machines. I'm learning how to digitize also. My problem is that these are full day classes, with a 2 hour round trip, and they serve big lunches. With pizza. And fried stuff with breading. And pudding. And cookies. It's all fresh made, and we're starving by lunch. I bring stuff to eat, but this stuff smells so good! Plus fresh doughnuts and fresh made popcorn... ARGGĢGG!!!!! I haven't been able to resist stuff I shouldn't eat. If we just couldn't smell it all for a half hour before break or lunch, it would be easier. Any advice?
glidergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:08 PM   #172
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Glidergirl ~ that is the hardest. Sounds like a pure carbfest. Pack yourself a good healthy high fat lunch, best you can do besides nose plugs! I hear ya!

Finding me ~ you can definitely do it! Stay on the mission. It's when YOU say it's okay to have a treat not when treats are flyin' all round. It's your power! Those things will always be there...

You guys are doing great! Put yourself first! It's your turn!
Old 01-23-2017, 07:06 AM   #173
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning!

Kitty's blood glucose went from really low to really high in just a couple of hours yesterday and stayed high, and this AM she did not want to eat her wet food but did gobble down some dry. I will watch her closely & will call the vet later.

After lots of fluctuations this week, my aggregate loss is 1.5 lbs. Not bad, but still 1.5 higher than my low for the week, which held steady for a few days before TOM Hopefully I will have a post-TOM whoosh.

Can't believe the dirty bird Falcons (Saints' arch enemies) are in the Super Bowl. BOO!

Mick6 - An acquaintance of mine has Lyme disease & I know how much she suffers when she has a flare up. Take care of yourself
Congrats on making your DB goal!

FindingMe - Hope everything is OK with your house. Hail when it is warm outside is to me too.
I think a monthly treat is a great idea if it helps keep you on track and you can control it. It's hard to watch everyone having Mardi Gras fun when you are munching on cheese sticks drinking water.
WTG staying on plan for 3 weeks! I have heard that it takes 21 days for a new behavior to become a habit, so heathy eating is now officially a habit for you!

glidergirl - Like Michelle said, pack a high fat lunch, and also eat a high fat breakfast right before class. I could probably bypass the pizza & fried stuff, but the popcorn would be the end of my diet. Good luck staying strong!

Michelle - Any new words of wisdom from Dr Fung's new book?

Yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & s/f Torani's
D - ribeye, hotdog, salad w/olive salad & Italian garlic dressing

Dimply.........251........243..........220
Old 01-23-2017, 08:10 AM   #174
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Tonight is special dinner and wine. It's all girls. We have all been dieting and this is our special get together cheat. The next one is planned for the weekend before Valentine's or the weekend after. Tonight's dinner is nachos. We always go for something totally carby cheesy, yummy. And wine of course, then the husbands /boyfriends pick us up. It's at my house tonight. it doesn't take much for a bunch of dieters to get loopy even when they put a high carb dinner in the tummies. It's planned, it's once a month, and after I probably lay in bed all day tomorrow I am back to omad. 2 days with Fung and I will be right back down.

Fasting should fit into my life not the other way around. He says not to skip all the best times just to fast when you can. So that's the plan, man. Holy moley! I am excited. And so glad I got below my January goal for the extra water weight room after tonight. We always talk about what we want at our next cheat meal but it changes when you start getting closer To the date.

Also dessert is white chocolate cheesecake GF of course, I never give that up, with cranberry compote on top. My DD made it a 2 weeks ago just to be super nice to me and I wrapped it up and froze. She wasn't too happy bout that but she understands. She will be at cheat night too just for the fun. She's at a perfect weight after losing post baby. Oh the youth!

Alrighty I gotta go clean a bit, hit some more coffee. And I will try to come in tomorrow but if I don't ~you know why!

Last edited by MichelleHu; 01-23-2017 at 08:13 AM..
Old 01-23-2017, 08:14 AM   #175
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

Yeah dirty birds! We have a slightly different name for them! But an even worse name for the Pats.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:18 AM   #176
MichelleHu
Senior LCF Member

MichelleHu..251........238............200
Old 01-23-2017, 04:31 PM   #177
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yeah dirty birds! We have a slightly different name for them! But an even worse name for the Pats.
The dirty birds are going to make me root for the Pats And their stupid game is going to be played less than 5 miles from my house At least my neighbor from Boston is happy. Her wife made her take down her Pats flag for the neighborhood holiday decorations contest in case any of the judges held it against them It must have worked because they won! Seriously their decorations were awesome and people actually stopped to take pictures of their kids in front of their house. They spent the entire Thanksgiving weekend decorating; DH put our lights up in about 20 minutes

I like Dr Fung's advice to have fasting fit into your life and not the other way around. That can be applied to so many things! like housework...lol Congrats on yet another great loss. You are rocking this!

Your girls' night sounds awesome! Enjoy!!

Last edited by Dimply; 01-23-2017 at 04:33 PM..
Old 01-23-2017, 07:35 PM   #178
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Today's eats:
B - coffee w/cream & s/f Torani's syrup
D - chicken breast sauteed in butter; salad w/bacon, cheese, egg, & Ranch dressing

Kitty seems back to normal. The vet said a sharp glucose spike is normal after being so low, so that's a relief. Cats' systems are so delicate, and after we almost lost her last year I am extremely anxious about her health. I can't have kids, so my cats are my babies. We have 2 now and we have had 4 total in the past 25 years, but this one is my soul kitty. Dimply = crazy cat lady!
Old 01-23-2017, 08:22 PM   #179
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Another day in the book almost. Where does the time go? I had a blip up on the scale. Seems to be the pattern after a good loss for me.

Todays eats:

coffee

a plate of roast

chicken and broccoli.

low carb doughnt recipe. Not too good!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidergirl View Post
Hi All! I'm having shoulder surgery on the 30th, so have been cramming in doing everything I can before I can't drive for awhile. Mostly taking all the computer and software classes for my new computerized sewing machines. I'm learning how to digitize also. My problem is that these are full day classes, with a 2 hour round trip, and they serve big lunches. With pizza. And fried stuff with breading. And pudding. And cookies. It's all fresh made, and we're starving by lunch. I bring stuff to eat, but this stuff smells so good! Plus fresh doughnuts and fresh made popcorn... ARGGĢGG!!!!! I haven't been able to resist stuff I shouldn't eat. If we just couldn't smell it all for a half hour before break or lunch, it would be easier. Any advice?
You can do it. It is hard and people might look at you funny but you can. I look pretty odd bringing lunch when I work in the school kitchen and out lunch is provided. I totally get the smell thing. Thats really interesting your learning to do that! I hope you are loving the classes. Are you prepping your self good freezer meals?

Quote:
Kitty's blood glucose went from really low to really high in just a couple of hours yesterday and stayed high, and this AM she did not want to eat her wet food but did gobble down some dry. I will watch her closely & will call the vet later.

After lots of fluctuations this week, my aggregate loss is 1.5 lbs. Not bad, but still 1.5 higher than my low for the week, which held steady for a few days before TOM Hopefully I will have a post-TOM whoosh.

Yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & s/f Torani's
D - ribeye, hotdog, salad w/olive salad & Italian garlic dressing

Im glad your kitty is doing better! Hugs to you and kitty!! That stuff is scary!! You can be the crazy cat lady and i'll be the crazy dog lady with my 3. I do have cat also.

You are way braver than I ever was weighing during TOM. Ive got my fingers crossed for a big post tom woosh!!!

Quote:
Tonight is special dinner and wine. It's all girls. We have all been dieting and this is our special get together cheat. The next one is planned for the weekend before Valentine's or the weekend after. Tonight's dinner is nachos. We always go for something totally carby cheesy, yummy. And wine of course, then the husbands /boyfriends pick us up. It's at my house tonight. it doesn't take much for a bunch of dieters to get loopy even when they put a high carb dinner in the tummies. It's planned, it's once a month, and after I probably lay in bed all day tomorrow I am back to omad. 2 days with Fung and I will be right back down.

Fasting should fit into my life not the other way around. He says not to skip all the best times just to fast when you can. So that's the plan, man. Holy moley! I am excited. And so glad I got below my January goal for the extra water weight room after tonight. We always talk about what we want at our next cheat meal but it changes when you start getting closer To the date.

Also dessert is white chocolate cheesecake GF of course, I never give that up, with cranberry compote on top. My DD made it a 2 weeks ago just to be super nice to me and I wrapped it up and froze. She wasn't too happy bout that but she understands. She will be at cheat night too just for the fun. She's at a perfect weight after losing post baby. Oh the youth!

Alrighty I gotta go clean a bit, hit some more coffee. And I will try to come in tomorrow but if I don't ~you know why!
I hope you had a fabulous time!!! I really like the way that was put about fasting fitting into your life! That was really sweet of DD!
Old 01-24-2017, 03:58 AM   #180
Goldie
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Goldie
Start Date: 11/26/17
Is it too late to join?

Thanks!
Goldie is offline   Reply With Quote