Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 11-14-2017, 05:12 AM   #691
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mick6
Stats: 238.8/190/140 (first 10 in 2016)
WOE: carb nite/ allergy free
Start Date: 01/01/2017
Hooray! I finally got more than 3 to 4 hours of sleep!!! Its nice to wake up feeling tired but not dead I tried Tylenol PM as soneone suggested. I didnt get a full 8 and still feel groggy but oh so much better than 3 to 4 hours. I also didnt wake up achy multiple times a night so yeah Getting sleep might actually help with the weight loss too! I weighed this morning and I am still quite up. grrrrr

I stopped yesterday and saw a few ladies I havent seen since June. I havent lost much since June as our numbers here show but it sure was nice to get the compliments. I guess things changed more than the blips on the scale

Yesterday:

3 eggs with salsa and sour cream

a few baby carrots and green beans

chicken leg, thing and wing. Creamed cucumbers

a few nuts

JESS~ I am so sorry to hear you cant sleep either! I hope your poor eye is feeling better. Man I feel for your dh those side effects can be just miserable from food allergies! I had to giggle about the taxi parent comment I so remember those days. I hope all went well at the ortho and you got to sneak a little R&R into your day!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2017, 07:26 AM   #692
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FindingMe

************** START -- CURRENT - 12/24 GOAL ---- OCT START

Mick................... 199.0........190 ............174 ............... 192.9
FindingMe........... 230.2........199.8 .........196 ............... 211.6 (-8)
Dimply............... 198.5........168.5 .........163 ............... 176 (-7.5)
Michelle.............. 220...........213.6 .........190 ............... 215.2
Jess................... 167.8........161.6 .........158 ............... 163.8
Handbells........... 228.6........216.0 .........199 ............... 227.6
Better................ 175...........170 ............165 ............... 178

****Not Weighed in for end of Sept yet****
NightOwl............ 169.8........167.4 ..........144 ............... 167.4
Nanabell............. 241.3........230 ............210 ............... 230
RockinPeach........ 241.6........225.2 .........199 ............... 234.4
DebbieDowner..... 269...........257 ............170 ............... 257
PlanningVacay..... 211...........205 ............165 ............... 205
FindingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:47 AM   #693
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Jess - I hope you had fun with hubby! Wishing you good luck at the eye doctor.

Dimply - Great deals on the clothes! Clown pants. What a lovely compliment. Men.

Mick - I am with you on the sleeping. I feel like I've been up half the day by 8am. Funny you mentioned the OTC PM meds. I took two of those last night also and fell asleep in my recliner. I still woke up at 3am, but at least I slept a few hours before that...I keep them on hand, but try not to take them more than once or twice a month because they are addictive. They always knock me right out. I guess its better than booze. Sometimes you just gotta have something to get some relief.

Well, the scale finally moved. I've just been updating my current numbers from the October list since that is the most recent one. I hope that is okay? I seem to be the only one posting new numbers?
I feel lucky to get to my first big goal for the first time in over 20 years as it has taken me 3 months longer than it should have although I've been stellar. I'm still a few pounds away from being out of the obese zone so I'm trying to keep my 5 month streak going with my calorie deficit challenge. I'm thinking about waiting til the first of the year to get my checkup to make sure I'm firmly in the 100s. Doctors scales can be bizarre.

Hope everyone has a lovely rest-of-the week! And everyone has good scale numbers, too! WE ARE WORTH IT!!!

Last edited by FindingMe; 11-14-2017 at 07:49 AM..
Old 11-14-2017, 02:13 PM   #694
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dimply
Stats: 251/167.5/125 72" lost
WOE: Atkins/IF
YAY FINDINGME!!!!

All of your hard work has paid off!!! Now stay off of the scale until at least the weekend in case your scale decides to revert to its evil ways!!!

Dimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:29 PM   #695
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

FINDINGME ~ Hooray!!! Im so excited for you Your so deserve this!!!!

I havent done any numbers for a while as nothing is moving yet. I think they 180s are tormenting me

Sorry to hear you are tired too. I didnt know the meds could be addictive good to know!
Old 11-15-2017, 08:30 AM   #696
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jessluvzbacon
Stats: 252/159.8/150
WOE: LCHF/NK
Start Date: June 1, 2014
FindingMe- It looks like the scale can only be nice to one of us at a time right now and you're the lucky one.
Hubby and I had such a nice time, it was a shame it was so short.

As for me...
The eye doctor was fine. He can't do anything for me. He suffered from dry eye himself, so he knows, but Restasis and fish oil helped him. Neither has done anything for me. The inside of my eye looks fine for now. I do have high ocular pressure still, so I'll need regular scans every year, but so far so good. He told me to try the high quality omega 3s, so when I use up my huge bottles of reg fish oil I have, I'll try concentrates next.
They did say that the next time I have an eye injury, to call and they'll fit me in for an amniotic graft, which only works while the cornea is injured, but is supposed to make it heal stronger and rejuvenate the cornea. But there's no guarantee there won't be any more injuries on that eye again and it's $1200 per eye. I'm on the fence. Friday is on it's way. So the scale can disappoint me again.

To be positive, I've moved up to heavier weights on my strength routine. DH is going to be mad at me because I ordered an adjustable dumbbell set from Amazon with a giftcard I've had since last Christmas. I just did it. The last time I mentioned it he got all upset. Talking about how I'm going to get all big...I've been strength training for 2 years. If I were going to get "big" I would have by now.

Anyway, blah blah blah.
Hope you all are having a fab day.

Journal:http://lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=884031
jessluvzbacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:10 AM   #697
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Thanks so much, y'all!

Dimply - In all my excitement I forgot to say cute pic of the lil darl'n. Hope you are well and hanging in there waiting on those devils for Turkey Day. I'm debating on using the last of my eggs on another batch or doing an omelet. Decisions.

Mick - Just staying below 200 is such a battle this time of year so kudos for that!!! I hope you get your whoosh soon.
I think there have been some others mentioning losing, but not posting numbers so I was just curious. I'll keep posting to the October list if that is okay to keep me accountable. I gotta post those numbers to stay on track. IF I have a gain that lasts more than a week, I want to know I'm going to have to post it.

Jess - Hopefully you and hubby can have some more "alone" time soon! You go girl on the weight lifting. I bet you are getting super fit!!! I actually had to buy a smaller set when I was out of town because I don't like switching up my weights to do my shoulders which are my weakest and the hotels didn't always have good sets. I think the lack of food affects my lifting though because yesterday I was struggling even on the lower weight doing everything but my biceps. I may have to quit lifting in the mornings especially after I've walked 5-6 miles.
Fish Oil and the omegas are supposed to be good for many things so I hope long term use will help with your eyes. I used to take that and tons of other supplements trying to find a "healthy" helper for my arthritis. That eye stuff is so expensive! My mom has lots of eye problems and her doctor suggested fish oil for her, too.

I tried, but I couldn't stay off the scale this morning. I guess I just wanted to make sure I wasn't dreaming. And, it was still sub 200. AHHHH. Feels so good. I even went to Sam's and the first thing I thought was what can I buy to celebrate. I almost walked out with 2 pounds of "Fresh" frozen shrimp, but then I saw the sodium was 750 grams PER SERVING!!! That was over 5000 grams of sodium in the bag and YOU KNOW I would have eaten all of them....so, I put them back and reminded myself that although completely on plan and well within my calorie allotment, it would most definitely send me back over that dreaded 2 number again. And what was I thinking rewarding myself with food!?! I am no longer this person. I am no longer this person. I am no longer this person. UGH. I did walk out with a brick of Tillamook pepper jack though so portion control goddess give me strength!!! Oh and I stayed OFF of the nut aisle. So GO ME!

And I'm thinking about skipping my treat this month. I'm up to FOUR freebies at my favorite coffee place so I really want to get some distance between me and THAT number. I think making it past this huge milestone for me will help so much with keeping my head on straight through the holidays. IF the scale hadn't started cooperating, I know where my brain and body was heading. And it wasn't pretty.

Thanks for putting up with me. Y'all are the bestest!!!

Last edited by FindingMe; 11-15-2017 at 09:15 AM..
Old 11-15-2017, 07:57 PM   #698
betterthanever
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/168...168/155
WOE: Atkins/fasting
Start Date: Feb 2014
************** START -- CURRENT - 12/24 GOAL ---- OCT START

Mick................... 199.0........190 ............174 ............... 192.9
FindingMe........... 230.2........199.8 .........196 ............... 211.6 (-8)
Dimply............... 198.5........168.5 .........163 ............... 176 (-7.5)
Michelle.............. 220...........213.6 .........190 ............... 215.2
Jess................... 167.8........161.6 .........158 ............... 163.8
Handbells........... 228.6........216.0 .........199 ............... 227.6
Better................ 175...........168 ............165 ............... 178

****Not Weighed in for end of Sept yet****
NightOwl............ 169.8........167.4 ..........144 ............... 167.4
Nanabell............. 241.3........230 ............210 ............... 230
RockinPeach........ 241.6........225.2 .........199 ............... 234.4
DebbieDowner..... 269...........257 ............170 ............... 257
PlanningVacay..... 211...........205 ............165 ............... 205

I am finally down to what I was a year ago. Thank goodness! I debated changing my goal for Christmas, but I did not. I've always had a hard time setting weight goals, because it's something I can't control. I can control what I eat, but I can't control how much weight my body is ready to let go. I think I could lose more, but I'm just going to keep with my plan, and I'll get where I get. It feels SO good to be back on plan.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:16 AM   #699
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Busy day yesterday. Worked and then had to do showings at the rental for a few hours. I had 5 that seemed qualified take applications. I have 1 tonight that is cutting it tight. I found out last night I have to do back up for someone today. Wish me luck! I know the paperwork part but not the rest of the job!

Scale still is loving 190. Wow wow this has been a few weeks jumping around this. Same thing happened at 200 to hit 199. Oh well Ill just keep thinking of what my Dr told me about how to proceed by not proceeding to keep it off in the long run My pants are nice and lose again so thats good!

JESS~ I had to giggle about dh thinking you'll get all big. Us ladies just dont have the testosterone for that usually. Enjoy your new weight set! I hope the change in fish oil helps your eyes. Id be on the fence with the surgery too just as there is no guarantee. Kick that scale to the dump if it dissapoints you

FINDINGME~ Yeah on staying under 200! You are rocking this lady!!! I didnt realize shrimp had a lot of sodium! Ill be snagging that list as soon as I see 189 for sure! I shall just be very happy to see no gain during the holiday season. I just love how you are so honest about your thought and how things work for you

DIMPLY~ Hope all is well!

BETTERTHANEVER~ BIG congrats on getting back to where you were a year ago! You make a great point about not being able to control what the body is letting go of.

Howdy to everyone not checking in! On plan or off plan there is no judgement here. This is a rough time of year for anyone trying to lose or maintain weight.It helps so much to check in for the accountablilty. Jan 1 will be 1 year since these lovely ladies and I have been checking in together when we started our first 6 month challenge. This is the first time I have not slunk off when I was not the perfect low carber. I know without the support I would still be sitting at close to 240 or even higher!
Old 11-16-2017, 05:42 AM   #700
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
WOE: it's complicated
Start Date: today!
WTG, FM!!! That is amazing! Very happy for you!

That's wonderful, Betterthanever!

I've been reading, but not posting. Sorry about that. I'm very discouraged!

I have been staying strictly to my plan, but the scale is not being kind in reflecting that. I'm also under a ton of stress currently and when I'm stressed I don't eat and when I don't eat I don't lose.

*sigh*

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!" (journal)

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."

Last edited by handbells; 11-16-2017 at 05:46 AM..
handbells is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:49 AM   #701
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member

Jenn- Oh hon, we've been there. I'm so sorry your scale is being a complete jerk and you're under so much stress. I hope it will let up on you soon. Life is hard enough without extra agonizing circumstances.

Mick6- What could be better than loose pants?
I hope your "fill in" went smoothly.
My scale, I think, has decided upon another number it wants to bounce around, too. We'll see tomorrow. I might say bad words in my head. We'll see.
The most annoying thing to me about the fish oil is that I took it for a long time after the symptoms started. I guess it's just not the right kind. I'm taking Omega7s right now. Haven't noticed any difference so far, but I'm still in the 1st bottle.

FindingMe- Yipee! Sticky! I'm so glad it's staying under where it belongs. And perhaps it will give you even more in the days to come.
I have spent so much money on supplements to try to fix me. And so much on MDs to fix me. None have worked. Oh well. It will be what it will be. I'm not dying. I'm just tired from the sleep disturbances and the fatigue/joint-pain which in the scheme of things isn't very bad, just a nuisance. I'm a blessed human being regardless.

Betterthanever- Congrats. I am so so so happy for you!!!

As for me...nothing to report.
Doing the stuff. Soccer party at a pizza buffet place for ds6 tonight. I've already logged it. They have a great salad bar. And serve thin crust on the buffet so I'll eat a massive salad and a piece or 2 of pizza. It fits. Then Friday, shots for poor dd8. I got her in at the health dept and I have a feeling that there will be a lot of shots because she has aged out of the combo vax. I can grouse about how the pediatrician AND the umbrella school both missed it, but I didn't stay on top of it for various reasons so it's on me. I hope she does ok. She's really sensitive. I'm getting her a treat after though and lots of hugs. She'll be 9 soon. My word!
Oh and I have to take dd15 to concert Fri night... SIL is playing flute in it.

Anyway...scale tomorrow. Grrrr!
Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Old 11-16-2017, 09:50 AM   #702
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

Better – Congrats on being back down to your year ago weight! I, too, thought about changing my goal for this challenge but my weight loss goes in cycles so I didn’t want to touch it.

Jenn – I’m so sorry that you are stressed and the scale isn’t rewarding you for not eating. I, usually eat or drink my stress so I feel sure that when things level out that you’ll be duly rewarded! I hope the stress and the scale get better soon!

Jess - I saved a few old pictures of me (I scanned and destroyed most of the old non digital), but I was amazed at how muscular my arms were in my 20’s (back when I went sleeveless in public). I thought about you when I saw them. I never lifted weights or exercised intentionally until I got well into my 30’s. Drives me crazy thinking about it. Well, crazier. Anyway, this morning when I was lifting I could hear my shoulder creaking like my knees started doing many years ago. We just have to keep telling ourselves that it isn't going to get any easier than it is today. Sux to get old.

Mick – One thing about weight stick-age is that you have less chance of gaining it back quickly and it gives you that firm grasp before the scale releases you into a lower number. I know it is easier to say when it isn't you (at that moment). I’ve been cursing my scale more the last 3 months than my whole dieting life because it does seem so much harder to lose so much less. But hang in there because you get so much exercise and stay so busy that I know you are much healthier than any dumb scale numbers!

Regarding the shrimp sodium. Up until I saw that packaged frozen nutritional label, I thought raw shrimp had very little sodium, but I’ve done research since then and seen everything from <200 to 500 grams per serving. And if you use crab boil or whatever to boil it (I used to, but started sauteeing it in kerrygold if I’m just cooking for myself), it can get way up there. So, my final analysis says that they probably put something into the processing to freeze it, but not as much as I first thought. Did I tell y’all I over-analyze everything???!!! No matter what, I still love my shrimps!!! Any way I can get them. I'm not giving them up forever. Just until I put a little distance between me and that number. And I live in the land of wonderful fresh seafood so I should never think about buying any kind of frozen seafood anyways. Shame on me.

I upper my calories a tad after a week of non sustainable eating and was happy that the scale still seemed to like me. I want to get back to a more normal range of calories to keep up with all the exercise. Trying to find that sweet spot.

Last edited by FindingMe; 11-16-2017 at 09:57 AM..
Old 11-16-2017, 01:58 PM   #703
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

Hanging in there eating-wise. Scale is being stupid, but that's out of my control.
I have a doctor's appointment on 12/21, and I really, really want to be in the overweight as opposed to obese range by then.

FindingMe - for sticky numbers!!! I found 2 before pictures of me from 12/2015 & Jan 2016 and was shocked at how big I was. I was truly in denial about my size. And I probably got even bigger in the year or so after that, before I found you ladies & got really serious again.

Get yourself a shrimp man!!!

Mick - Hope you find a great tenant.

Sorry your scale is being a butt, but I am glad that your doctor has a good attitude about it and knows you are working on it. My doctors seem to only care about BMI & write it in huge numbers on my chart for loose pants!

Jenn - Good to see you. Sorry you are having lots of stress. I sometimes see no loss on the scale when I don't eat, but I have also gained Anyway, I hope things calm down in your life.

jess - Hope you can find the right combination of supplements/meds to get relief. Enjoy the soccer banquet.

better - I hesitate to set weigh loss goals also since the scale is going to do what it's going to do. So I figure all I can do is stick to my plan and hopefully things will fall into place. Congrats on being back down to last year's weight!

yesterday:
B - coffee w/cream & DaVincis
D - chicken breast sauteed in olive oil; Greek salad

Hazel is 8 months old & crawling! Those cheeks are all mine next week
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hazel8months.jpg (34.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Hazelcrawling.jpg (26.0 KB, 3 views)
Old 11-17-2017, 08:12 AM   #704
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member

I'm still up 4lb.

Ok now. Enough of that.
Have a wonderful day, ladies. I'm going to go torture my child with vaccinations.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:29 AM   #705
Dimply
Senior LCF Member

That is hilarious jess Reminds me of the printer scene in the movie "Office Space". Hope your scale moves in the right direction soon!

Hope DD's vax aren't too bad.

DH wanted to go out last night, but between the remodeled restaurant being too loud, an overcooked steak, a not great server, & $10 for a bowl of ice cream, he said he is done with eating out. Famous last words probably, but I prefer to eat at home so I hope he sticks with it. Tiny cheat in that I had a cappuccino, but I wanted something creamy & frothy.

This is probably tl;dr, but over the summer DH & I were eating at Flemings (a steak house), and I noticed that the bacon on the wedge salad was different - sweet & spicy. Delicious, but because of the sweetness I gave it to DH. I asked our server about it, and he said they got it from a farmer just outside of Houston and it was from a red wattle neck hog and that he himself had bought 1/2 pig from him, and was telling us about the farm. I thought it was neat that a chain with restaurants all over the US sourced local ingredients, but didn't think any more about it. FF to last month when we were in NOLA for my aunt's 70th birthday, and that Sunday my sister gave a birthday brunch for a friend of hers. I was briefly introduced to her cousin who lives in Houston and was in town for a wedding. Both he & DH are in the oil business so they chatted and I moved on. Later, I overheard him talking to my dad, and he was talking about raising hogs and was telling the same story that I had heard from our server months ago. I asked him if he provided bacon to Flemings in Houston, & yep that was him. I thought it was kind of neat that I live smack dab in the middle of the 4th largest city in the US & I met the farmer of food I have eaten! Like I said, probably tl;dr but I thought it was cool.

B - coffee w/cream & DaVincis
D (Flemings): 1/2 wedge salad, ribeye, mushrooms, cappuccino
Old 11-17-2017, 01:02 PM   #706
handbells
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
WOE: it's complicated
Start Date: today!
Oh my word, Dimply! Hazel is just too adorable! Enjoy your time with her

Jess- that is too funny! Hope DD's shots went okay. What kind of concert are you taking DD15 to?

Still stressed, but it's getting a little better. At least the scale cooperated today.

Hope everyone is well!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!" (journal)

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:02 AM   #707
FindingMe
Senior LCF Member

I hope you all are having better scale numbers today! On the weather front, they are again saying today will be the last of the 80's until 2018. I'll believe it when I see it. Next week we aren't supposed to get above the 60's.

Jess - Thanks for the funny!

Jenn - So glad that your scale is cooperating and things are getting better for you!

Mick - Hope all is well and you get some much needed rest and relaxation this weekend!!!

Dimply - That is neat about the farmer meet/meat! Cute pix!!!
How much more do you need to lose to be in the "overweight" category? You must be close!!! I'm about 5 away, but going through the same thoughts as you regarding checkups. And I want to have a little wiggle room for height shrinkage so ideally I'd like to lose 15 more before going so definitely 2018 at the earliest. I think I mentioned before that I had issues with an old insurance plan a few years ago because they had coded my wellness checkup as obesity and decided they didn't want to cover any of it. And another doctor before that said all of my temporary issues were because of it. The issues went away, but I gained more weight... Needless to say, I never went back to either. Looking forward to a clean slate with a new doctor and for once actually being honest with my insurance company about my weight.

Well, it has been an exciting week. The scale has been nice to me, I had eggs for dinner (a first for me), and I bought bacon (ALWAYS a delight) instead of sweets. I once again had that sweet craving and scoured the shelves almost picking up the new Atkins macadamia frankenfood. Thank goodness I've been reading labels as I rarely buy anything after. And although the bacon had 400g of sodium per serving, I had two and it was worth it! Gotta keep living, although the scale stopped moving down even keeping below my daily sodium goal.

I'm cooking the last of that pork roast this morning before the house temps get unbearable. Hoping to at least maintain my new low although my calories will be up and my body will probably rebel. I'm not buying anymore meal meats until I have cleaned out my freezer. I'm on a mission.

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by FindingMe; 11-18-2017 at 06:10 AM..
Old 11-18-2017, 07:01 AM   #708
Mick6
Senior LCF Member

Crazy crazy. I noticed my belt was in another notch yesterday but guess what the scale still says........ You guessed it 190 LOL I think Im in for a super long bounce around like the many many weeks I flirted with 199. I dont really care.Im not getting frustrated. Id rather flirt with 189 than the almost 240 I started at. I'm not willing to be hungry or go to extreme measures to get it going either. I have a very very lax goal here. Stay with my plan and start Jan 1 even just one pound lighted than the holiday season began. Pretty lax but very realistic. More would be better of course~!

I was crabby with dh this morning. He was going hunting and set his alarm wrong. It was blaring music at 3:23 AM!!! I was actually sleeping good for once too! I just dont know what to do about this sleep issue I have going on. I got one decent night and that was the night I took the Tylenol PM.

I am returned the app fee to one applicant as I knew they were not going to be approved. Im waiting on income / job verification for another one before I run the credit report. I got their letter of hire, starting date and salary with the app but I still need to verify because people do crazy things. We had a business owner once list their source of income as the business. Upon research I found the biz had been up for sale for a while and was now in banruptcy. I verify as much as I can for free before running the credit. If I hit red flags I return the fee they submitted to them. I would love to put this with property management but dh doesnt want to lose full control. He of course helps with painting/ inspections/maintence etc but I handle all the paperwork, people etc.

JENN~ I know it is hard but try not to be discouraged. Our bodies are not predicatable machines when it comes to losing pounds. I hope the situation that is stressing you resolves soon. You know we are here for you if you want to chat about it. Try to eat. Even if your just making your self smoothies. Be good to yourself and take care. I just read further down and saw your scale behaved now

DIMPLY~ Hazel is just a little doll! It seems like it was just a few weeks ago you posted her newborn photo That is really cool about the restaurant and meeting the farmer! Thats fabulous. We have 3 places that do local grown foods.They are a bit more expensive but worth it to me to get local and hormone free. Sorry to hear your dining out experience wasnt so hot. I swooned at $10 ice cream. I hope it was super good ice cream at least. I wouldnt sweat the your treat beverage to much. I too was in denial about my weight for sure. I think its pretty common.

JESS~ Yep thats exactly what we should be doing to our scales LOL!!!! Are you measuring? How do your clothes feel? I hope the right fish oil helps you out! How did DD do with the shots? I hope it went well.

FINDINGME~ I so glad your scale stayed stable with getting back to a more sustainable calorie level. If there is something to maintaing and being stuck as you lose I should be a winner! I had shrimp in butter last night at the Chinese buffet.Yummy! I couldnt stay away from them permanently either. If they were not so spendy Id eat them constantly. Are you watching sodium just because of the scale. Good job passing up the Atkins bars. Its kind of gross but I call them explosive EXLAX bar. So not worth the stomach pain to me. Im glad your getting some cool weather

HAS anyone heard from MICHELLE? Im getting worried about her!

Have a fabulous day ladies!!!
Old 11-18-2017, 09:43 AM   #709
jessluvzbacon
Senior LCF Member

Dimply- That was definitely a cool story!
Hazel looks just sooo squishable.

Jenn- Glad the scale is playing a little nicer. It's so disagreeable! I hope the stress continues to fall for you.

FindingMe- really, what else can we do but resort to humor when our weight is sooo OBSTINATE! I'm glad the scale continues to play nice for you.

Mick6- Congrats on the belt notch!!! My scale and yours seem to be in cahoots! I do need to whip out the tape measure. Perhaps if the scale is still being a stink on Friday. I try not to get too obsessed with that. For me where I am regarding weight, there's such small changes, and interference of the remaining loose skin that it looks like isn't going to leave, that it's very difficult to measure, or even be sure the measurement is accurate. And when I'm up in weight from water, it hangs around my belly and thighs in the very worst spots. *le sigh*... I just want my jeans to fit right in the waist. I won't wear them if they are tight. And I'm constantly getting bloat there for the last 6 month. It's just stupid.

I'll just answer some things here in the update since multiple people asked.
DD seems to be doing alright. She had 5 separate shots. But was very calm and brave even though I could see her frowning and tearing up. But she was very excited about her milkshake coming up. She did well. I had to give her some ibuprofen at bed because both her arms were sore. So far she seems normal and no tiredness or anything.

DD15 went to her SIL(16) homeschool band concert.
There were several small bands. Beginner, intermediate, concert band, and symphonic. Seperated by skill level. The beginner and intermediate were atrocious. The concert band was a little better. Symphonic is the best...but they had some very young brass players and you could tell. Out of tune, mercy!!! They did play a couple of cool melodies. My favorite was the Original Star Trek mixed with the most recent Star Trek movie theme. Very cool. And a clarinet quartet played a ragtime piece. They were actually VERY good. I played clarinet, flute, and mellowphone (marching french horn) back in my day and was in symphonic band in highschool, played in the church orchestra, and was in Woodwind Ensemble in college..so I'm probably (most certainly) a little over-critical.

DH took the teens over to the ILs today to do some work on his property. But when DH got there, he had to take FIL to the urgent care for a possible kidney stone. So the teens are there alone playing music too loud. Littles are here with me playing on the keyboard and/or making messes all over the house. I'm sipping and snooping around here.
My weights came! So I get to get into those Monday.
Blah blah blah . Chatty chatty this morning.

Hoping you all are having a greak weekend.
And Michelle if you are out there, I hope you are doing ok.

ttyl.