Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-16-2014, 07:58 PM   #61
Luv2Eat
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luv2Eat
WOE: JUDDD dd 200 ud 1200
Start Date: Aug 2012
Gah! I saw SoHappy's post, my heart skipped a beat and thought she'd returned, then I saw the dates :-( So glad you've stayed with it, Dawn, look at you now!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2014, 12:50 AM   #62
jdforshort
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/193/150, 5'4", 62yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
I started JUDDDing in 06/2012 after doing 2 months of LC. I remember, Dawn, Piratejenny, SoHappy, Mykidsteacher, Adi and few others being there! Oh My, how the time has flown and now I wish this last 20+ lbs will do the same
jdforshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:27 AM   #63
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/113/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
ooo! oooo! Adi and Slow and I are twins! January JUDDD-babies!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Happy Anni guys!!!
JUDDD triplets Thank you.

Leo41 must be coming up for her 4th year in maintenance or thereabouts as well.

Mar. 2017 Rehabbing a foot and concussion. I currently have a lot of physiotherapy. I may miss questions that people ask me or personals. Apologies if I do, it's not intentional.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 09:25 AM   #64
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Bumping this for a number of reasons - primarily because it has posts from a number of our maintainers.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:23 AM   #65
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I've been JUDDDing for almost 8 months. I can see this WOE being something that I could continue indefinately.
Quote:
I've been juddding for 15 mos. I lost 75 pounds- 65 of those on juddd. Contemplating re-entering weight loss mode to get down to 115 or so. I'm switching back to 4:3 as of this week and will re-assess in a couple of weeks.
Quote:
I've been juddding for just shy of 22 months.
Stick to your UD and DD numbers and you will have a blast losing weight and enjoying food every other day!
Next month will be 5 years of JUDDD!!!!
Where has the time gone?

2016 brought with it a few unwanted pounds despite consistent EOD rotations. I'm hovering around 133lb, but holding on to hope that staying consistent with JUDDD can get me back to 125lb.

I know that if I had just quit because of the frustration of gaining undeserved weight I would be in a much worse position than 8 pounds above goal.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 11:35 AM   #66
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I know that if I had just quit because of the frustration of gaining undeserved weight I would be in a much worse position than 8 pounds above goal.
I couldn't agree more, Carly. I often think of Yoni Freedhoff's account of one of his clients.
Blog: Weighty Matters
Post: This Is What 7 Years of Real-Life Weight Management Looks Like
Quote:
The fact that her loss is anything but a straight line is pretty damn normal because truly nothing in life is a straight line.

What's not normal, or at least what isn't common, is that year and a half segment...where her weight pretty much stayed the same. Not that people's weights can't or don't stabilize, but rather that most folks who are trying to manage their weights tend to give up if the scale doesn't keep going down.

Of course had she given up back then she probably wouldn't have gone on to lose 50 more pounds and may well have regained the 35 or so she had lost before her weight first stabilized.

Weight loss is about embracing your own personal best...

All this to say, and I've said it before, success is about consistency, embracing imperfection, and being proud of your best, where your best is the healthiest life that you can enjoy living, not the healthiest life that you can tolerate. [My emphasis.]
For me, the section that I bolded is a relevant and important way to view success.

I edited out a screed of material that was relevant to me but not necessarily the topic. And in the edit, I inadvertently omitted the part where I mentioned that you, Carly, are a long-term maintainer of radical weight loss. [Technical problem, double-posted.]

Last edited by SlowSure; 02-12-2017 at 11:39 AM..
Old 02-12-2017, 11:37 AM   #67
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Last edited by SlowSure; 02-12-2017 at 11:39 AM..
Old 02-12-2017, 12:12 PM   #68
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: raishalini
Stats: 185/179/136 5'4.5"
WOE: JUDDD & IF
Start Date: January 2017
Wow 7 & 5 yrs of maintenance

Hats off to you both...wondering if I will ever see my goal weight ..don't know how it looks like I have always been overweight all my adult life.. lowest of 154 and highest of 220 lbs.
raishalini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 04:49 PM   #69
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raishalini View Post
Wow 7 & 5 yrs of maintenance
There are people on LCF who've been in maintenance for 17 years+. Leo is 8yrs+. Kissa is >14yrs+ (ignoring the understandable off-track when her DD1 was so unwell and look at how steadily she returned not only to restore her previous goal weight but now to be maintaining below it).

I think it's Leo who says that she didn't have a 'goal weight' - what she had was a decision to target 5 lbs at a time - and she shed her scale weight (in excess of 140lbs iirc), 5 lbs at a time, and down to her current level.

It's useful to have a notional goal weight - but sometimes it's no more than a prompt to stop, go into maintenance for a while, and then reconsider whether that is the appropriate body composition for you - and does it meet the definition of success (like Freedhoff's that I quoted above).

And, I like Leo's approach that served her so well.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:35 PM   #70
cici52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Thanks for bumping this.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 02:50 PM   #71
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/175/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I think it's Leo who says that she didn't have a 'goal weight' - what she had was a decision to target 5 lbs at a time - and she shed her scale weight (in excess of 140lbs iirc), 5 lbs at a time, and down to her current level.
This is valuable info for me. In fact, this is pretty much what I have been doing the second year of the current (and last) weight-loss campaign. In my case I work to lose five lb, then coast a bit till I stabilize at that weight, then get to work on the next five.

As always, it is so reaffirming and reassuring to hear that others have been down the road before me.

Thanks for reposting, Slow!
Old 03-18-2017, 06:04 PM   #72
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
Incredible thread.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:23 AM   #73
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy&Healthy
Stats: Too much/better/best
WOE: JUDDD/4:3/Fung
Start Date: November 2016
I am so impressed with all of you. Losing is one thing, maintaining quite another. Incredible achievement.
Happy&Healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:15 AM   #74
Carly

On March 28th (9 days from today) I will be celebrating my 5 year JUDDDiversary.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 03-19-2017, 04:28 PM   #75
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy&Healthy
Stats: Too much/better/best
WOE: JUDDD/4:3/Fung
Start Date: November 2016
Wow Carly, I hope I can say those words someday! You are a true inspiration from the perspective of losses and maintenance but even more so for grit and determination.
Happy&Healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:17 PM   #76
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy&Healthy View Post
Wow Carly, I hope I can say those words someday! You are a true inspiration from the perspective of losses and maintenance but even more so for grit and determination.
Thanks

Old 03-20-2017, 09:39 AM   #77
Luv2Eat
Senior LCF Member

Hey ya'll! Life has been busy for me in a good way ;-) Thought I'd pop in and visit with my JUDD family for a bit. . . . I just realized I've been doing JUDD for almost 5 years, Wow! I don't even think about it anymore, it's just how I roll :-) Currently, I've been able to maintain with 3 down days - MWF. Went on a cruise a couple of weeks ago - love the food. Did not JUDD on the ship - ate what ever I wanted. Did not gain weight :-) Got right back on the program when I got home, easy peasy, actually felt good to not eat for a change.
JUDD has changed my life!!! Before JUDD, the cruise would have been a traumatic event. With JUDD, I can live a normal life.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:43 AM   #78
Luv2Eat
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
On March 28th (9 days from today) I will be celebrating my 5 year JUDDDiversary.
YES!!! Love you, girl {hug} I could not go back to eating every day, it just wouldn't seem right. . . . Newbies, if you can power past the first two years, JUDD will be a way of life
Old 03-20-2017, 10:38 AM   #79
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Eat View Post
Hey ya'll! Life has been busy for me in a good way ;-) Thought I'd pop in and visit with my JUDD family for a bit. . . . I just realized I've been doing JUDD for almost 5 years, Wow! I don't even think about it anymore, it's just how I roll :-) Currently, I've been able to maintain with 3 down days - MWF. Went on a cruise a couple of weeks ago - love the food. Did not JUDD on the ship - ate what ever I wanted. Did not gain weight :-) Got right back on the program when I got home, easy peasy, actually felt good to not eat for a change.
JUDD has changed my life!!! Before JUDD, the cruise would have been a traumatic event. With JUDD, I can live a normal life.
So nice to see you posting!!!! Don't be a stranger- we need other long term JUDDDers to hang around.