Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 02-23-2017, 05:08 PM   #271
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Harley27330
Stats: 300+,242,188Ju
WOE: CC/LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Dec 2012/ Jan 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrinkingWoman View Post
Judd has also help me with sleep. I always had a hard time falling asleep. Have to lay in bed reading or something for an hour or some nights several. I just could not seem to get my brain to shut down. I have noticed this last month that I fall asleep almost as soon as I lay down, and I sleep solid through the night and wake up like I slept well. Judd really does seem to do some healing in the body besides just losing weight. Youth gene kicked on? I hope that is what it is.
Thanks for the reply and really glad to hear it is helping you on your sleep also. After I posted yesterday I found a link where others were saying the opposite on their sleep. Glad it is working for us!!
I am one that has to have the tv on to sleep it keeps my mind from wandering. But once I lay down I rarely make it through a 30 minute program before falling asleep. Let's hope it is a youth gene!!
Harley27330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2017, 05:31 AM   #272
ShrinkingWoman
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ShrinkingWoman
Stats: HW 207 197/180/157 H-5'10
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: January 1, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley27330 View Post
I contributed the gain to drinking several beers and when I made the beer run I ran into a old girlfriend Little Debbie she sure makes some good swiss rolls.

That Debbie....always ready to party.

Everyone.
Didn't observe a bounce down that I was hoping after yesterday's DD. At least it wasn't a bounce up. Just hope I can make it through the weekend without doing too much damage as this is going to be a busy weekend with lots of company. Going to try and keep it a MD today and DD on Sunday. We shall see. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
ShrinkingWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:27 AM   #273
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrinkingWoman View Post
Didn't observe a bounce down that I was hoping after yesterday's DD. At least it wasn't a bounce up. Just hope I can make it through the weekend without doing too much damage
I could have typed almost those exact words. I really thought I would for sure see some downward movement today - I thought I was overestimating calories for what I had at the potluck lunch but perhaps not. and then I had a frozen dinner so I could be sure of THOSE calories at least but it left me completely unsatisfied. I hate that. Its like wasted calories.

I heard from the friend of mine that had cancelled last weekends plans because she was not feeling well. Long story short- she has to go in for a cardiac cath to see what is going on with her heart. This is a woman who has been thin all her life, who exercises regularly at the gym with several classes and is otherwise very active, she eats very healthy, drinks only moderately, no smoking, my hiking and camping buddy. My point to sharing this story is that despite all of this she still has health issues and it is reminding me that the number on the scale is not the only determinant of health. So me eating that processed and unsatisfying frozen dinner just because it says on the box that it has only 190 calories is perhaps not the best decision to be making. could have had a massive salad loaded with good stuff and better tasting for the same number of calories but with just a bit more effort. Anyway- it is a reminder to me to think a bit more outside the box (ha ha pun intended) and to put in the effort to consume more healthy items. Not to say that all frozen dinners are inherently unhealthy but this one was processed foods full of ingredients that are not just whole foods.

I also hate it when I see no movement on the scale because the little devil on my shoulder will speak up when I'm hungry or craving something that says "what does it matter- you were behaved yesterday and what did it get you? nothing..." Shut up Devil.

Harley -congrats on dropping those beach trip pounds!! My 6 lbs is a bounce that I have been having up and down for months now. So infuriating. I am really hoping to break out of it soon.

Happy Friday! and off to my first meeting of the day. It is a gorgeous day here today for Feb in the northeast so I'm hoping the boss will let me leave a bit early. I would like to get in a nice walk with the dog this afternoon - even packed the boots in the car!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:28 AM   #274
Babsbabs
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: 205/155/140
WOE: JUDDD
I hope everyone has a good weekend and that your boss leaves early Phoenix!

I am happy that my UD is Saturday this weekend for me as I find it much easier to have DD on Friday and Sunday. I totally failed last weekend with Friday UD kind of rolling through the whole weekend. Thinking of maybe trying a 20/4 fasting to eating window next weekend to get through.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:38 AM   #275
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Hi all!

Super tired today. Not really sure why, but hoping I get a bit more energy to get through this day. I have a gathering that I have to attend this evening, so I really need a little burst to get me through until about 9pm.

Harley- my sleep is terrible and always has been, but I think JUDDD creates more sleep problems for women than for men. I think any fasting has that negative effect more for women then men.

Just plugging along with EOD, but need tomorrow to be an UD since we have dinner plans with one of my best friends. I may try to make today a second DD, but if not I'll have double UDs and go right back to DD on Sunday.

I'm very close to seeing the 120's again, so really want to keep things moving in that direction.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:26 AM   #276
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: raishalini
Stats: 185/179/136 5'4.5"
WOE: JUDDD & IF
Start Date: January 2017
Happy weekend everyone..I do not have much to report except TOM finally visited me so I am hoping for a relief in pain that was due to it and see a loss on scale.

Fasting disturbs my sleep as well..till the time I was doing one meal a day, it was terrible. Now I eat 2 meals on UDs so its bit better. With weight, TDEE will go down too so then I will come back to OMAD, keeps calories and cravings in check

Carly beautiful profile pic and I am now seriously jealous (I mean admire )of your persistence and determination even when health and circumstances don't support.

ShrinkingWoman and phoenix17 I hear you...Every day I curse my scale and say.."move you lazy move" and then go back to my calorie calculator app to check whether I can readjust my DD calorie a bit lower or not, right now I am at 25% (454 cals). 20% was leaving me quite hungry.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:46 AM   #277
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by raishalini View Post

Carly beautiful profile pic and I am now seriously jealous (I mean admire )of your persistence and determination even when health and circumstances don't support.
I always tell myself that the alternative (giving up) would be worse, so I just continue on...

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:55 AM   #278
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Jim- this is a link you might find interesting - not that I am trying to justify alcohol consumption () but it is just a different perspective. And it also makes some sense according to other articles I've read. Basically it is all about control (something of which I admit I am often in short supply).

http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/tru...nd-muscle.html

Having said all this I'm still planning to try to refrain!!
Old 02-24-2017, 11:42 AM   #279
Carly

It is so nice here in mid-town. It is 70 degrees and sunny- that is crazy for February, but I'll take it!!!!

Still tired but my nice walk in the warm weather helped!

Old 02-24-2017, 01:08 PM   #280
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: taramisu
Stats: 282/209/180
Start Date: April 7, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley27330 View Post
Thanks for the reply and really glad to hear it is helping you on your sleep also. After I posted yesterday I found a link where others were saying the opposite on their sleep. Glad it is working for us!!
I am one that has to have the tv on to sleep it keeps my mind from wandering. But once I lay down I rarely make it through a 30 minute program before falling asleep. Let's hope it is a youth gene!!
JUDDD literally cured my insomnia. I didn't have a lot of trouble falling asleep in the past (although I never EVER feel tired enough to just go to bed, close my eyes, and fall asleep... I always just fall asleep while reading or watching TV :P ) but I had SUCH trouble staying asleep. I'd wake up every hour. For years. Started JUDDD and within a few days I was sleeping through the night. I also had CRAZY dreams for the first few months. There was a direct correlation. But those faded away. Now when I got off track during vacations, etc., it always helps my sleep again to get back on track with JUDDD. Adds extra motivation.

Well, today weighed in at 200.2. This is it, my BUDDDs. I WILL do this. I hit One-derland back in the fall and then struggled for a few months, but this is the closest I've gotten to returning to it since then. And I will! I can! Just gotta stay strong through the weekend!!!!!!!!

We had THE most beautiful weather this week... you'd never know it was February. But today it all went away and now we're expecting snow. I love winter so snow is fine, I just don't welcome the gray, rainy, icky cold days.
tara ¤

My Journal

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times—if one only remembers to turn on the light. ~ Albus Dumbledore

Last edited by taramisu; 02-24-2017 at 01:09 PM..
taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 01:13 PM   #281
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramisu View Post

Well, today weighed in at 200.2. This is it, my BUDDDs. I WILL do this. I hit One-derland back in the fall and then struggled for a few months, but this is the closest I've gotten to returning to it since then. And I will! I can! Just gotta stay strong through the weekend!!!!!!!!
You are at 200.2 and I was at 130.2 yesterday- here is to us both seeing our preferred decade VERY soon!!!!

I will be weighing in when I get home from work, but not sure if today will be the day- here is hoping.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:57 PM   #282
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

Yes indeed Carly! Sooo close... we can do it! Just saw your message on my journal... will definitely be following your tip this weekend.
tara ¤

My Journal

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times—if one only remembers to turn on the light. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 02-24-2017, 05:13 PM   #283
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/145/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Back and feeling so much better!

Thanks to all for your good wishes, prayers and encouragement.
Yep, I've been a sick cookie since Jan 2nd. Although I had my flu
shot I came down with type A flu and that sent me to hospital.
They treated me, sent me home and two days later I was
back in hosp. with renal failure, pneumonia and lots more.
It has been a slow recovery and both daughters came to help
us.

Feeling better, and wanting so much to get stronger again.
Still down resting and napping but have finally gotten out
of the house on a trip to Cost Co. Now I'm pooped. We
tried to replace my old 30 year Cuisinart with a new one but
it was a real piece of .... and took it back, so now I've got
to choose some other brand. Any suggestions appreciated!

I was given a salt free diet (UGH!) and yesterday was given a
lower salt diet (MUCH BETTER) Have a nutritionist coming on
Monday to help me understand what a "kidney diet" is all
about. I'll still be checking in as I used to.

Tried reading posts to keep up with you all but there's a big
chunk of time when I wasn't able to do that.

Once again, thanks for your prayers and those who missed me.
I thought of you all

hugz
Old 02-24-2017, 07:40 PM   #284
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy&Healthy
Stats: Too much/better/best
WOE: JUDDD/4:3/Fung
Start Date: November 2016
Barbo!! So glad to hear from you and know you're doing better. I hope your recovery is a quick one, sending you hugs

Phoenix: congrats on the chili win! Second place is awesome. And you did well in keeping things reasonable at the lunch, that's impressive. I love chili and don't know if I could have kept it to human size portions, much less DD portions, that's a total victory on your part! I hope your "dry" weekend is working out; I'm doing one, too, given vacation weight. It's hard because we bought some nice bottles of wine in Napa and they arrived today…

Tara: stay strong! You're so close to onderland, think of how good it will feel to see that on the scale.

Babs: I'm thrilled that you found a trainer who seems open-minded, I hope that it works out with her. I have a great trainer whom I haven't seen in a few weeks but you inspired me to call her and make an appointment. She is out of town so I won't see her for another week but I'm excited.

Carly: I'm glad it's warming up! I'm also thrilled to see that the scale is moving in the direction you want it to. Your determination even when times get hard and you feel like giving up are a constant source of inspiration and motivation.

Vlo: i'm glad you figured out what was making you dizzy. That electrolyte drink sounds amazing, I might go out and source everything to make it this weekend.

Shrinking Woman: your comments on the broccoli sprout supplement got me interested so I've been doing some research. It sounds like it's amazing! Other than helping with the stomach issue, have you noticed other benefits? Also, which supplement do you take? I'm looking at the BroccoMax by Jarrow.

Harley: I find that the fasting has done incredible things for my sleep. I tend to drop off almost immediately and stay asleep through the night. The only thing is that I've noticed that I don't need as much sleep as I did before. I tend to wake up much earlier, feeling well rested and energetic for the day. I second your emotion on Shrinking Woman's comments relative to the possibility of a youth gene!

Jim: thanks for the reminder on alcohol, for me it's definitely true. When I drink things go haywire and my body holds onto the pounds just a little tighter; if there was any doubt, I proved it to myself again on this trip!

Shalini: I hope TOM isn't too hard on you and that the pounds keep coming off!

Hi everyone! we are back from our trip to California and had a phenomenal time. I got to see my grandmother and other family members, it was great to catch up with them. Despite our best intentions, we did absolutely no fasting while there. Both DH and I ate to our hearts' content. We also took a trip out to Napa which demanded wine tasting and rich food. It was all so good, no regrets. That said, it was tough to get on the scale this morning. I am 6 pounds up which goes to show how quickly it goes back on. I'm hoping some of that is water weight as it would be so discouraging to work so hard to get it off and have it be so easy to regain. We fasted today and, though I don't usually fast on weekends, I will fast on Sunday as well. I hope everyone's having a great weekend.
Happy&Healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 01:55 AM   #285
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy&Healthy View Post
Barbo!! So glad to hear from you and know you're doing better. I hope your recovery is a quick one, sending you hugs

Phoenix: congrats on the chili win! Second place is awesome. And you did well in keeping things reasonable at the lunch, that's impressive. I love chili and don't know if I could have kept it to human size portions, much less DD portions, that's a total victory on your part! I hope your "dry" weekend is working out; I'm doing one, too, given vacation weight. It's hard because we bought some nice bottles of wine in Napa and they arrived today…

Tara: stay strong! You're so close to onderland, think of how good it will feel to see that on the scale.

Babs: I'm thrilled that you found a trainer who seems open-minded, I hope that it works out with her. I have a great trainer whom I haven't seen in a few weeks but you inspired me to call her and make an appointment. She is out of town so I won't see her for another week but I'm excited.

Carly: I'm glad it's warming up! I'm also thrilled to see that the scale is moving in the direction you want it to. Your determination even when times get hard and you feel like giving up are a constant source of inspiration and motivation.

Vlo: i'm glad you figured out what was making you dizzy. That electrolyte drink sounds amazing, I might go out and source everything to make it this weekend.

Shrinking Woman: your comments on the broccoli sprout supplement got me interested so I've been doing some research. It sounds like it's amazing! Other than helping with the stomach issue, have you noticed other benefits? Also, which supplement do you take? I'm looking at the BroccoMax by Jarrow.

Harley: I find that the fasting has done incredible things for my sleep. I tend to drop off almost immediately and stay asleep through the night. The only thing is that I've noticed that I don't need as much sleep as I did before. I tend to wake up much earlier, feeling well rested and energetic for the day. I second your emotion on Shrinking Woman's comments relative to the possibility of a youth gene!

Jim: thanks for the reminder on alcohol, for me it's definitely true. When I drink things go haywire and my body holds onto the pounds just a little tighter; if there was any doubt, I proved it to myself again on this trip!

Hi everyone! we are back from our trip to California and had a phenomenal time. I got to see my grandmother and other family members, it was great to catch up with them. Despite our best intentions, we did absolutely no fasting while there. Both DH and I ate to our hearts' content. We also took a trip out to Napa which demanded wine tasting and rich food. It was all so good, no regrets. That said, it was tough to get on the scale this morning. I am 6 pounds up which goes to show how quickly it goes back on. I'm hoping some of that is water weight as it would be so discouraging to work so hard to get it off and have it be so easy to regain. We fasted today and, though I don't usually fast on weekends, I will fast on Sunday as well. I hope everyone's having a great weekend.
It is hard HAppy&Healthy got it after 2.5 months so quite heavy but today i am noticing less swelling and that reflected on scale too. Hope will see further loss. Thanks for asking
Old 02-25-2017, 06:42 AM   #286
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Barbo!! so good to hear from you! The flu can be brutal. Good luck with the kidney diet but considering your penchant for coming up with good recipes I bet you will be fine.

Carly- I 2nd the amazement at this northeast weather. I was out at 7 am walking the dog with no jacket- just a tshirt!! (and pants of course ha ha). now if only the sun would come out it would be a truly awesome day.

H&H- no way would I have been good in Napa either. As I've typed too many times, I am big ol' wino. I bet those 6 lbs are gone after just a week of back on plan (or less!). I did successfully make it through my Friday with no cocktail and that is actually my biggest hurdle. something about an end of the week drink that is particularly satisfying. I've been drinking flavored club soda and pretending its a cocktail

Tara and Carly - I am sure you will both dip down in to that next decade in no time and I am hoping to be right on your heels.

Like I mentioned today is another unbelievably warm day and our 2+ feet of snow is almost all melted. But of course what this means is the sump pump in my basement is working overtime. I'm trying not to think about it... I'll have to remember to call a plumber to put in a back up after things dry up- but of course when it is not constantly running and I don't hear it I don't think about it!! I better write a note and stick it in the fridge or something.

I'm having a hungry day but thats ok because today is a planned "UD". I'll get the dog out for a long walk mid-day so maybe I can skip lunch and just have a nice early dinner. I want pizza for breakfast. Yep its THAT kind of day....
Old 02-25-2017, 11:56 AM   #287
ShrinkingWoman
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbo View Post
Thanks to all for your good wishes, prayers and encouragement.
Yep, I've been a sick cookie since Jan 2nd. Although I had my flu
shot I came down with type A flu and that sent me to hospital.
They treated me, sent me home and two days later I was
back in hosp. with renal failure, pneumonia and lots more.
It has been a slow recovery and both daughters came to help
us.

Feeling better, and wanting so much to get stronger again.
Still down resting and napping but have finally gotten out
of the house on a trip to Cost Co. Now I'm pooped. We
tried to replace my old 30 year Cuisinart with a new one but
it was a real piece of .... and took it back, so now I've got
to choose some other brand. Any suggestions appreciated!

I was given a salt free diet (UGH!) and yesterday was given a
lower salt diet (MUCH BETTER) Have a nutritionist coming on
Monday to help me understand what a "kidney diet" is all
about. I'll still be checking in as I used to.

Tried reading posts to keep up with you all but there's a big
chunk of time when I wasn't able to do that.

Once again, thanks for your prayers and those who missed me.
I thought of you all

hugz
Wow sounds like you have been through the mill. Glad you are one your way back and recovering. My mom too has to follow a low sodium diet and one for the kidneys which mean no fake salt for her which makes it even tougher. But there are a lot of options out there now of foods that make it much easier. Wishing you a very speedy full recovery.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:04 PM   #288
ShrinkingWoman
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I use one called source naturals. It had good reviews and the price wasn't bad so that is what I went with. I am sure any that is just plain concentrated broccoli sprouts is good. I know it is suppose to have lots of benefits but for me I mostly noticed help with stomach issues because they had really become an issue. It completely took them away. I hope that remains the case. They also seem to be helping my son as well with focus.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:59 PM   #289
Carly

Barbo- so glad you checked in. Wow, you have been through a lot. I'm sure you will come up with great recipes for whatever diet the nutritionist puts you on.

It was pretty warm today, but cloudy most of the day. Now we are headed out to have dinner with one of my best friends, so off we go...

Old 02-25-2017, 06:36 PM   #290
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramisu View Post
JUDDD literally cured my insomnia. I didn't have a lot of trouble falling asleep in the past (although I never EVER feel tired enough to just go to bed, close my eyes, and fall asleep... I always just fall asleep while reading or watching TV :P ) but I had SUCH trouble staying asleep. I'd wake up every hour. For years. Started JUDDD and within a few days I was sleeping through the night. I also had CRAZY dreams for the first few months. There was a direct correlation. But those faded away. Now when I got off track during vacations, etc., it always helps my sleep again to get back on track with JUDDD. Adds extra motivation.

We had THE most beautiful weather this week... you'd never know it was February. But today it all went away and now we're expecting snow. I love winter so snow is fine, I just don't welcome the gray, rainy, icky cold days.
Happy to hear that it helps on your sleep also. Been some really beautiful weather here also. We had 80 degrees here today and supposed to be 33 degrees here tonight. That will make for a chilly motorcycle ride in the morning.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:43 PM   #291
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Glad to hear it has helped your sleep so much also. I am loving all the benefits on this WOE!!
Old 02-25-2017, 06:49 PM   #292
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Hi all!

Super tired today. Not really sure why, but hoping I get a bit more energy to get through this day. I have a gathering that I have to attend this evening, so I really need a little burst to get me through until about 9pm.

Harley- my sleep is terrible and always has been, but I think JUDDD creates more sleep problems for women than for men. I think any fasting has that negative effect more for women then men.

Just plugging along with EOD, but need tomorrow to be an UD since we have dinner plans with one of my best friends. I may try to make today a second DD, but if not I'll have double UDs and go right back to DD on Sunday.

I'm very close to seeing the 120's again, so really want to keep things moving in that direction.
Carly sorry to hear it does not help with your sleep. Before my retirement I was lucky to get 3 hours of sleep a night or day. I worked a swing shift but I felt like I functioned well on 3 hours. I think that is one reason I get so excited about resting/sleeping so well now
Old 02-26-2017, 03:49 PM   #293
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/145/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
I thought I would post this good down day soup. Filling and delish. Add meat and it
could be an up day recipe. Lot's of times people don't look at the recipe section

HIS SOUP IS MY DH FAVORITE. I ADDED HAMBURGER AND
ONE TIME SOME LEFT OVER POT ROAST CUT UP.
MY HUSBAND NEEDS FILLING FOOD AND THIS DOES THE JOB.
HE SAYS ... MAKE IT ALL THE TIME PLEASE!

Sweet and Sour cabbage soup recipe
THIS RECIPE IS FROM LCF DIP GAL.
SHE HAD A HOME MADE DIP BUSINESS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like it, you'll love this!

My homemade sweet and sour cabbage soup recipe. I count it at 4 carbs and/or 100 calories for 2 filling and delicious cups. (I am now cooking an oriental sweet and sour soup and a pizza soup.. If they come out good I'll post the recipes!):

Tastes like Jewish deli style soup – but without the meat.
6 servings… Double the recipe and freeze half for next week's fasting days!

3 - 14 ½ ounces can beef broth (or use equivalent carton or bouillon and water)

1 small green cabbage cut into chunks

1 Can diced tomatoes

1 Small Onion cut into chunks

2 Garlic cloves crushed

¼ cup vinegar of your choice (apple cider, rice, red wine, balsamic etc.)

Sweetener equal to 1/3 cup sugar (stevia, splenda, xylitol)

2 dashes Tabasco or other hot sauce

1 tsp Paprika

1 tsp Ground ginger

Salt and pepper to taste

Put all ingredients in a soup pot and bring to boil.. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 2 – 3 hours. The longer the better. Taste after 2 hours to tweak to your taste buds.. More sour (add vinegar) sweeter (add sweetener), saltier (add salt), spicier (add Tabasco).
Old 02-26-2017, 11:08 PM   #294
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: >
Start Date: April1 2013
Hi, Every one.
My name is Janet.
I just started yesterday{UD }and today was my first DD
Calaries were 301
*I even walked 7 miles.
Been reading on this and hope it starts to move me down.
My weight was today at 128
Hope to meet all of you. It really helps me to post,To keep me going.
I hope to see what this plan and I can do for March.
I take it also that we should Not weigh every day{And only after DD?
Also it saids for 2weeksto do shakes? Did you.?
I would like to make my own Smoothies. That way I know what is in there and the calaries.
I;m a calarie counter and I measure .
Just wanted to stop in and say hi.
Can not wait for 1st of March to see what my weight is and keep going.
My DD are going to be 400cals or less. with maybe a true fast thrown in. But First I have to do this for week or 2.
Nice meeting you all.
Janet
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:25 AM   #295
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind View Post
Hi, Every one.
My name is Janet.
Calaries were 301
*I even walked 7 miles.
I would like to make my own Smoothies. That way I know what is in there and the calaries.
My DD are going to be 400cals or less. with maybe a true fast thrown in. But First I have to do this for week or 2.
Nice meeting you all.
Janet
Hello Janet, wecome again. Great to see you working towards your goal. If don't mind then can you share your age, height, weight with us to calculate exact calories required for you. I find 1100 calories too less.
Nonetheless, keep up the good work
Old 02-27-2017, 05:19 AM   #296
ShrinkingWoman
Senior LCF Member

Barbo- Thanks for the recipe that looks very good and filling.

Kind - Hello. You can definitely make your own shakes. As long as the calories are counted you can use any food you like. I think Judd recommends prepacked foods the first couple of weeks to ease the use of calorie counting for those that need that. I always just used regular foods.

Had a very fun and busy weekend. Was tough to keep an exact count on calories with a few alcohol drinks thrown in as well. Pretty happy with the weigh in. Just a couple days left in the month really hoping to see that goal weight stick for March 1st weigh in. Gives me motivation to keep it reigned in the next couple of days. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:02 AM   #297
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind View Post
Hi, Every one.
My name is Janet.
Calaries were 301
*I even walked 7 miles.
Nice meeting you all.
Janet
I didn't use shakes, just counted and measured regular food.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:24 AM   #298
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

Hello, kind! Welcome and best of luck with your journey! I also didn't use shakes. First week of JUDDD was the hardest, but it got exponentially easier after that.

Today's DD didn't start off well--already ate a lot of my calories for the day--so I'll have to be pretty perfect the rest of the day. If I fit a workout in, that'll help.

Hope everyone has a good start to the week.
tara ¤

My Journal

Old 02-27-2017, 10:10 AM   #299
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/167/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
OMG I had a along post with responses to all of you and I lost it before posting!! Arrrrfffhh!
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:12 AM   #300
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: >
Start Date: April1 2013
Hi. To all of you. So nice to be here. All ready I feel like this is home.

Yesterday I did pretty good.Or should say really good.
Ok. Here it is about me.
I just turned 67years young.
Aging very will and fit and getting fitter.Don.t look my age.
I take no meds.
I walk up to 8 miles, can jogg7 miles non stop. Started weight machines. Plus I detox>With the sauna and steam room.
I must say this has been a slow road on looseing weight. But I have stayed with it. April1st. be 4 years.
At that time I was 178
Today 127
I finally broke 128 and that is big for me.
When I reach 123{Hope soon. I will be normal.
Weight for me should be 90-123
After 123 heading for 110 lbs.{Then stop]But learn to not regain.
I'm 67 Just turned.
weight 127{and I exersice.
My husband did this with the book and that is how i got numbers.
Ilike to see what you all come up with but I did great yesterday. I;am used to lower cals. and used to years ago fast.
I did fasting fast and did 6 days.
Now that was to much. I would only do 1-2 days if I did.
Nowi will say that I'm also having back trouble and all ready had 2 MRI and exray and going back this coming month.{They wanted to see what it has done in 6 months.
They found 2 small turmors in the nerve {Spine. but are size of peas and are not cancer{They think.
But most likly have to have taken out.
There is a name for it . if u want to know i will say.
But one thing I'm a fighter and Im healthly and getting healthier each day.
Today is UP day and Im going to have a Sub way with lots of veggies. But still keep track of my cals for today I think it was 1,137{Which is not to far off i my 1.200 diet.
So glad to be here. I want to learn. How are you all doing with being on Juddd has it gotten u to goals. and are u able to keep it offor on Track.
I just need to start looseing. for when that sacle does not move it misses with head.
Now I have also since I started last almost 4 years, i have slipped up and gained 3-6 lbs. But I take off.
Now this year palning to watch that. For u can get to relax.
And yesterday I had 1 diet pop.
It helped me.
Plus I take alot of Vitamans also.
Have a good up day or dd day all.
Janet
What is the weight loos numbers for month. that I could see.?Any tips I will really like. On types of foods On down days..
kind is offline   Reply With Quote