Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 02-27-2017, 10:16 AM   #301
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: >
Start Date: April1 2013
Oh, Sorry u wanted how tall I.m
*4 ft.11{Small bone
*age 67
*weight 127
Plus I exersice.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2017, 11:17 AM   #302
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Kind- welcome!! As for suggestions for food and recipes on DD's there are a few threads at the top of the page that are a good reference.

Vlo- I freaking hate when that happens!

Tara- I'm feeling your pain on the calories. I have been very hungry the last few days and today I gave in and had a yogurt for breakfast (I usually skip breakfast) and I just ate a clif bar for lunch. hate that.

Barbo as always thanks for the recipe. I was just thinking about what I should do with the cabbage I have.

everyone else!

My intention over the weekend (just like EVERY weekend) was to try to make one day a MD instead of my usual two UD (or UUADs). I failed. again. But they were not UUADs at least, more like UD+ days (and really that was only Saturday). I WAS successful in resisting my biggest empty calorie splurge of wine/alcohol! I wonder if maybe I compensated for that with dessert... but I woke up later than I wanted and rushed to get moving and therefore used that as an excuse not to step on the scale. Yeah I know lame excuses. The point is, tomorrow I'm hoping to see a decent # but I already know I didn't reach my Feb goal as that would probably be miraculous (and I would have had to NOT eat like I did over the weekend).

The point to going on about all that? because no matter what my strategy has been I seem to be stuck in this same dieting rut for 6 months. And regardless of my determination to not do/eat/drink whatever, I still can't seem to get control of my weekends. Obviously something else needs to change so despite my aversion, I am joining a stupid gym. A friend at work has a vacation goal and we agreed to motivate each other to go a few days a week over our lunch break and we are going to tour a gym tomorrow. Planet Fitness. I am hoping all the commercials are actually true and it is not a muscle head gym and I can go in and use the free weights or machines without feeling so self conscious like I have at other places. The good thing about PF is the cost is relatively low so even if it doesn't work out, the cost per month would be less than the cost of a lunch out or a bottle of wine (see how I justify things??).

Why do Monday's always suck? I actually LIKE my job, but Monday's still suck. So tell me you retired people or work at home people or Moms that are at home - do Monday's suck for you too? or is it just having to get dressed and leave the house early after a couple of days off?
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:34 AM   #303
imoksoami
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: imoksoami
Stats: 264/225/209
WOE: LC, OMAD, JUDDD
Start Date: 10-15-2016
Phoenix17-
I have worked from my home office for years and for the most part Mondays don't suck.
I did my first DD on a weekend yesterday. I had to to have any chance at hitting my Feb goal. I saved up a bunch of busy work to do in the late afternoon/evening which really helped me to get through. I think, for me, not having anything to do makes DD's the most difficult.

10-15-2016 264 / 11-01-2016 249 / 11-15-2016 248 / 12-01-2016 240 / 1-1-2017 239 / 2-1-2017 232 / 3-1-2017 224

6-10-2017 210 < Goal
imoksoami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:43 AM   #304
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: raishalini
Stats: 185/179/136 5'4.5"
WOE: JUDDD & IF
Start Date: January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by kind View Post
Oh, Sorry u wanted how tall I.m
*4 ft.11{Small bone
*age 67
*weight 127
Plus I exersice.
Hello kind,

Please see below

with exercise
at 20% weight loss mode your DD calorie should be 322
at 25% 403 and UD is 1610 calorie

Without exercise
at 20% - 281
at 25% - 351
and UD cals are 1405

You may keep you DDs calorie 500 or below but don't go below 1400 cals on UD if you exercise otherwise it would be just calorie restricted diet not JUDDD, which ultimately force your body to function on lower calorie (slow metabolism)
Old 02-27-2017, 12:02 PM   #305
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Hello Janet!!!

I am another short/ small framed JUDDD bud. Barely 5'2" (I'm actually, probably barely 5'1" at this point due to my spine disease). Us smaller JUDDD buds usually can't get away with adding in excise calories, since the truth is, even with a 5 mile walk we probably only burn an additional 175 calories- sad, but true.

The good news is our smaller bodies don't really need a ton of food, even though our heads might disagree from time to time

Feel free to ask any questions here or start a new thread- someone will jump in shortly to provide some assistance.

I slept well last night and the night before, which is AMAZING for me, but TOM arrived last evening and my spine is really acting up. I may need some additional pain killers on top of the ones that seep in through my skin via a patch, but I've made it this far, I keep saying I'll see how I feel in 20 minutes, been doing that since 4am...

I don't like to take them later in the day, because they make me hyper and i won't sleep well if I take one- oh, decisions...

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:17 PM   #306
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Raishalini.
Thanks for taking the time.
I will listen.DD I know I can do at *322 Or at times a True fast.
Does RMR{Restingfrom book mean any thing? For my Resting cals is 1,175
But few months ago. At a gym. said myRMR was 1,247{Which I have always kept{When dieting 1,200{Seems when I go over I gain. But I will try and up to 1,400.Maybe uping cals. will help move me down.
Thank You so much.
Janet
Oh, Any one else> Do we weigh every day? Or once a week and make sure it is a downday.
I want to do this right so I can get this weight down and still be health.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:36 PM   #307
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Raishalini.
But few months ago. At a gym. said myRMR was 1,247{Which I have always kept{When dieting 1,200{Seems when I go over I gain. But I will try and up to 1,400.Maybe uping cals. will help move me down.
Thank You so much.
Janet
Oh, Any one else> Do we weigh every day? Or once a week and make sure it is a downday.
Janet, the whole point of JUDDD is to not let body depend on low cal diet. Think this way, if you eating 300 cal on dd and 1400 on UD then you are just eating 1700 cal in two days, so the average for two days will be 1700/2= 850 cals per day. The beauty of JUDDD is you constantly fool your body by eating below and above your BMR alternate day so your metabolism doesn't get the chance to slow down and be habitual of low calorie.

Also one gets to stick with JUDDD coz you are just dieting on alternate days and eating well on next day so you don't feel the diet fatigue like one feels on low cal diets. Once you reach your goal then you can up your DD cal a bit and keep alternating as usual as per the maintenance weight.

For now upping your cal to 1400 on UD may show bit of fluctuation on scale on UD but the trend ultimately would be downward week on week.

I am writing this from my own experience. Like you I was also counting calories for weight loss before coming to JUDDD. I lost more by eating 1800 cals on my UDs than 1200 cal a day otherwise on low cal diet.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:00 PM   #308
Carly

Quote:
Raishalini.
Thank You so much.
Janet
During WLM I typically weigh daily. In maintenance I typically weigh 4-5x per week.

If the bounce doesn't bother you, feel free to weigh daily. If you get derailed by daily fluctuations weigh only after DD or only after DD once per week.

You do want to eat enough on your UD to signal the body that the "fast" is over and "don't worry- no food shortage here." But that being said, when we are smaller, shorter and older, we just don't burn calories like a larger or younger person, so stick with the calories that the calculator gave you with no exercise and then re-assess in 3 weeks or so, after you see how that works for you.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 02-27-2017, 01:07 PM   #309
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Jim-rub it in . kidding. Nice dog btw, is he/she wearing a life vest or just a bright vest?

I have the same issue with DDs - if I don't have anything to do and access to food then... disaster. I was thinking today I better be at goal for a while before I retire or I'm screwed! (that's years away but I often dream about early retirement...). Congrats on your weekend DD!
Old 02-27-2017, 01:32 PM   #310
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Thank You girls. Really help full.
I also read from other diet books, That when we lose weight,We should also keep lowing calaries.
Scale does play with my head, I love it if she goes down. BUt if up or hold I kinda just want to stop and then i eat more and not all good foods.
This year I said to me,{Janet, keep goingand watch those bad Slips.
Scale is not all.
I have >Scwannoma Nerve sheath tumor_2 pea size.
Today for my up day,going to get ft. long Subway with lots of Veggies.
Have a good day.
Janet
Old 02-27-2017, 03:35 PM   #311
imoksoami
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
Thanks Jim-rub it in . kidding. Nice dog btw, is he/she wearing a life vest or just a bright vest?
That is his rain jacket :-)

10-15-2016 264 / 11-01-2016 249 / 11-15-2016 248 / 12-01-2016 240 / 1-1-2017 239 / 2-1-2017 232 / 3-1-2017 224

6-10-2017 210 < Goal
Old 02-27-2017, 05:06 PM   #312
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy&Healthy
Stats: Too much/better/best
WOE: JUDDD/4:3/Fung
Start Date: November 2016
Hi everyone!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Janet: welcome! I also used the shakes at the beginning, maybe the first week or two but after that I didn't really need them. I still use the vanilla shake as creamer in my coffee on some DD, otherwise I just drink it black. You get used to this lifestyle pretty quickly. Glad to see you like your veggies, they are a life saver on tough DD, given the low calorie count. Pickles are my go to if I need a little something to carry me through. I found that, after I got used to eating this way, doing no food DD works out best for me. Phoenix, Shalini and Carly are absolutely correct in that you have to eat your UD calories in order to lose. I think that's what keeps the metabolism going. I hope you enjoy your journey, I will be cheering you on!

Jim: your dog is so cute! Love the rain slicker. Now that I've seen that one, I think my guys need them, also

Tara: I don't know what it is today but I'm starving, also! I managed to hold off on eating anything until lunch and then had some sautéed shrimp with cucumber salad. I'm afraid I'm done calorie-wise for the day…but I'm still starving.

Phoenix: super proud of you for avoiding the wine! I managed to pull through as well. It's awesome that you have a gym buddy, that makes it so much easier and so much more fun. Once you get into the groove of it, you'll have a great time!

Vlo: I hate it when that happens!

Carly: happy you are sleeping well, nothing is as good as a good night sleep. I have back problems, too, but I don't think they're as bad as yours. There's a book called "Oh My Aching Back" which has a series of exercises which really help.

Shrinking Woman: thanks! I have some source naturals on the way, excited to get started with the broccoli sprouts.

Like I said above, I've been absolutely starving all day. Maybe TOM is around the corner, I've never been very regular so there's no way to know for sure. I'm going to try to hold off on anything until tomorrow. The good news is that four of the 6 pounds that I gained over vacation are gone! Very happy about that. I did hold off on drinking anything alcoholic this weekend but I made up for it with snacking .
Happy&Healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 05:46 PM   #313
Carly

I have degenerative disc disease and psoriatic arthritis that really attacked my spine. I had my spine fused in 2009. It is fused from the base of the rib cage through the tailbone. If the scale is mean I joke that it must be the 10 screws and 2 plates that weigh so much

I will eventually need my entire cervical spine fused (well, probably already do, but, yeah, not gonna happen anytime soon.) The surgeon said I would be out of work for 8 months post surgery, but was back in 5 months. The first month I was in excruciating pain. I had about 400-500 stiches and staples. After the first month I started physical therapy and after 3 months I could drive short distances, but I was losing my mind staying home all day, with money worries on my mind non-stop.

It was totally worth it, though. Starting at age 29 I needed a walker to walk anywhere outside my apartment and had been using a cane before that. As you can see from the exercise thread I love my walking- use to be runner, loved it, but surgeon said no running with the fused spine. No impact exercise. (But part of me thinks I could and I dream of running a marathon).

Old 02-27-2017, 06:11 PM   #314
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Geesh Carly- you have been through so much. I know it is weird to say this after hearing your troubles but you are inspiration that many things can be overcome with perseverance!

Janet - it sounds like you have the right mindset for success! you will do great!

Jim- it is impressive you can get him to keep on a rain jacket. My little guy is one stubborn dog and is very resistant to any kind of jacket.

H&H - oh man I am having such a hungry day too. I am 10 calories under my limit and its killing me. i think its time for a cup of tea then early bed. And thanks for the encouragement with the gym - I agree it is great to have a buddy also. I think it might be the extra push I need.

Ok time for tea. I hope the hungry means whoosh time. (I always say that)
Old 02-27-2017, 06:26 PM   #315
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy&Healthy
Stats: Too much/better/best
WOE: JUDDD/4:3/Fung
Start Date: November 2016
Phoenix: I hope it means a woosh! Maybe both of us will be sporting new lows tomorrow

Carly: you amaze me every day, you're a true testament to the power perseverance.
Happy&Healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:32 PM   #316
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, Thank you all. You have made me feel Welcome.
I can not wait to post and learn from all of you. Just talking and being there. Helps. Thank you.
You know On smoothies Green, I love and have done over 3.5 years. I want to get back. I make my own So on up days I can have or even small low cals. one on DD. As long as dd smoothies or low.
I can fast. You know Im strong and I set mind on something I know I can. Just sometimes we all seem to fall. That is ok as long as not falling is a habit and we stay with what we know works.
Some times we have to try diff. things.
I think Judd will work good for me.
And on my back We will see in March were this takes me.
I do belive in health eating and good carbs, veggies good oils {Limit and so on.
Thanks again every one.
Janet
Old 02-28-2017, 12:10 AM   #317
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I have degenerative disc disease and psoriatic arthritis that really attacked my spine. I had my spine fused in 2009. It is fused from the base of the rib cage through the tailbone. If the scale is mean I joke that it must be the 10 screws and 2 plates that weigh so much

I will eventually need my entire cervical spine fused (well, probably already do, but, yeah, not gonna happen anytime soon.) The surgeon said I would be out of work for 8 months post surgery, but was back in 5 months. The first month I was in excruciating pain. I had about 400-500 stiches and staples. After the first month I started physical therapy and after 3 months I could drive short distances, but I was losing my mind staying home all day, with money worries on my mind non-stop.

It was totally worth it, though. Starting at age 29 I needed a walker to walk anywhere outside my apartment and had been using a cane before that. As you can see from the exercise thread I love my walking- use to be runner, loved it, but surgeon said no running with the fused spine. No impact exercise. (But part of me thinks I could and I dream of running a marathon).
You really have amazing spirit and very positive attitude.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:50 AM   #318
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Quote:
Originally Posted by imoksoami View Post
That is his rain jacket :-)
That’s a fun jacket. Our dog has a boring grey one.

Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 02:55 AM   #319
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post

So cute
Old 02-28-2017, 05:30 AM   #320
Carly

Quote:

Aw, he looks so cold and wet, but very cute. IIRC, I remember when you got the puppy.

Old 02-28-2017, 05:40 AM   #321
ShrinkingWoman
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ShrinkingWoman
Stats: HW 207 197/180/157 H-5'10
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: January 1, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post
OMG I had a along post with responses to all of you and I lost it before posting!! Arrrrfffhh!
I take it you decided not to rewrite it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy&Healthy View Post

Shrinking Woman: thanks! I have some source naturals on the way, excited to get started with the broccoli sprouts.
I hope you notice a difference with them. They have really helped me.

Quote:

Wow you are an inspiration on so many levels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
Ok time for tea. I hope the hungry means whoosh time. (I always say that)
I hope you get your woosh!

Everyone else hello

Today marks the end of February. I didn't get to see my lowest weight today but I knew it wouldn't be considering yesterday was an UD with KFC for dinner . Today is a DD and hoping for a good one so I can start out March on a good note. I am really going to try and be strict this month cause I have a vacation coming up in April where I am going to get to see some family I haven't seen for awhile. I have noticed that I have lost weight in the stomach area which is my trouble spot. It is deflating which is always encouraging. Wishing everyone a happy Tuesday...or should I say Fat Tuesday....unless it's your down day like me.
ShrinkingWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 05:50 AM   #322
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Aw, he looks so cold and wet, but very cute. IIRC, I remember when you got the puppy.
Yes, I posted about it here. That was two years ago!
Old 02-28-2017, 08:32 AM   #323
imoksoami
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It is an XXl and still doesn't cover his whole back. It has a hood too but, ummm, he isn't impressed...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3442.jpg (45.3 KB, 4 views)

6-10-2017 210 < Goal
Old 02-28-2017, 08:36 AM   #324
imoksoami
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It is an XXl and still doesn't cover his whole back. It has a hood too but, ummm, he isn't impressed...
Oops
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3442.jpg (29.4 KB, 9 views)

6-10-2017 210 < Goal
Old 02-28-2017, 09:16 AM   #325
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Our hairy mud magnet needs legs and underneath covering, even more than his back. Of course, even that doesn’t help when he decided to go swimming.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:56 AM   #326
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

OMG i'm loving the dog pics!! I'll have to see if I can get some of my little guy posted. Ailuros I laughed out loud at the pic of yours jumping in the water.

well I didn't see my whoosh and didn't reach my goal and am of course re-evaluating once again what I am up to which I know I have to stop doing. I just typed out all this whining about what I'm doing but I deleted it - I think I just have to see what this week brings. My net loss for the month is about 3 lbs but that includes one 4 day weekend of no dieting and a couple of other snafus.

I did just join a gym. Its a typical gym - I hate it that they all smell like rubber and have no windows- whats up with the no windows?? but I am going for weight training and this one really is loaded with the weight machines including one of those 30 minute circuit training rooms which will be a good place to start. I do remember in my past that when I have been most successful at any weight loss it has been a combination of diet and exercise. I'll still stick with walking/hiking with the dog as my primary form of cardio.

what are you all doing for your exercise?
Old 02-28-2017, 10:11 AM   #327
imoksoami
Senior LCF Member

"My net loss for the month is about 3 lbs but that includes one 4 day weekend of no dieting and a couple of other snafus. "

It is still February! One day of weight loss to go!

6-10-2017 210 < Goal
Old 02-28-2017, 10:44 AM   #328
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Every one.
Today is my second DD.
March 1st. is weigh in and a New month.
Yes ,the other key to loseing weight and being healthier is Exersicing.
Plus for me detoxing.{Steam@ Sauna.{May have to watch time on DD.in sauna.{Going to see today.
I walk,up to 8 miles, I have jogged{Should restart can do 7 miles non stop.
And Last few weeks doing weight machines.
I like to when i lose another 8 lbs. to get into reg. weight taining plus keep doing the weight machines.{Plus should start stair climbing.

As long as we do something.
Walking is a good start.
I Hope to keep}OR start looseing 2- lbs a month and i would be so happy.
I really hope that for March I can lose 5lbs, Before I go see what they are going to do on my back.But I know I can do any thing and Im stronger then I think.
Plus, I'm healthy for my age.
I know I told you all before. But Iam so glad to be here .I know you can help me keep going. and I will be behind u all also.
Janet
Old 02-28-2017, 02:04 PM   #329
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/167/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrinkingWoman View Post
I take it you decided not to rewrite it
You are correct! I got so aggravated I gave up! Good luck , I always find vacations to be great motivators for weightloss!

Phoenix- my best friend is like that, she's can't just diet, she only does well when she diets and exercises. I think it's an all or nothing kind of thing with some people, she says she sticks better with the diet because the gym motivates her to. I hope this is what does the trick for you!

Janet- cheering you on to reach your goals!

Carly- wow you've been through so much ! Amazing!

Raishalini-

Ok let me learn from my mistake and copy this before I lose it!

Last week my resolve fizzled by Wednesday lol I had the most horrendous TOM in recent memory! I was ravenous and failed at fasting both wed and fri like I was supposed. Got back up to 168 yesterday what's funny is despite the terrible TOM I was very active last week. Walked my DD it school a few times, 2 derby practice and 2 home gym workouts and my cize DVD. I gained instead of losing excercising get me every time! False sense of security! Anywho, bit the bullet and finally started stillmans yesterday. I didn't lose like I wanted to befor starting but I need to do something to get this gaining in check. 166 this morning, today is going good so far so hope to see another 2-3 lbs off by tomorrow. Still having a problem not over eating which just seems to be an issue that follows me regardless of What diet I'm On so that needs to be addressed and fixed soon any suggestions?

Last edited by Vlo1125; 02-28-2017 at 02:05 PM..
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:57 PM   #330
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/167/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Forgot to mention finally went out to that wine and paint thing with my friends on Saturday, I drank about 2 glasses of wine but it was sweet and we ate tapas very late so I'm sure all that added to the gain. but it was fun so no regrets!

The picture we got to paint that night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0504.jpg (22.3 KB, 25 views)
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote