Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 02-02-2017, 05:48 AM   #31
ShrinkingWoman
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ShrinkingWoman
Stats: HW 207 197/180/157 H-5'10
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: January 1, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
Welp, this is pretty much how my birthday went:

Oh well. At least I got to talk to both of my boys.
ShrinkingWoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2017, 06:00 AM   #32
ShrinkingWoman
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy&Healthy View Post
The multiple quote thing isn't working for me, I have to do it manually which is a pain. Maybe because I use an iPad?
Not sure if it is the same on the iPad but for myself I kept thinking you only hit the multi-quote one time. You hit it on each person you want to reply to then hit the quote button and they all show up in the reply box. Then you can go through and write to each one.

Was curious if anyone has tried a couple of supplements I have been looking into. I have always had some issues with my digestion(I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I am not the biggest fruit and veggie person. ). I came across two supplements that are suppose to help. One is called black seed oil. It lists a multitude of things it is suppose to help including weight loss, inflammation, blood pressure....the list is long. The other is a broccoli sprout supplement. Supposedly it helps with H-pylori that causes ulcers among other things. Anyone ever try either of these?
Old 02-02-2017, 07:39 AM   #33
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Happy Groundhog Day!! Of course good ol' Phil saw his shadow so surprise surprise, 6 more weeks of winter. I don't really mind. Remind me I said that the next time I complain about shoveling my stupid driveway.

Frosty- sorry your bday wasn't everything you hoped it would be but sorry your post made me laugh.

Shrinking: sorry no experience with those supplements. Have you tried taking any probiotics?

strawberrypop: I was going to suggest lemon water so seems to me your smoothie would fix you right up!

Slow: super sorry about your hands . Hope they get better soon!! I'll have to check out those posts of yours -do they explain what exactly kefir grains are and how they help? if not when your hands improve I'd be happy for another tutorial!! I forgot to look for that BBC broadcast but not sure we will get it this quickly anyway- there tends to be a lag in the good shows.

Today is Day 4 of my 8WBSD 5:2 experiment. I'm doing great with the scale- 3 lbs down since Monday (yes lots of water weight - so happy to evict that) but I must confess to feeling hungry. Monday was not so bad because it is usually a DD for me so it kind of felt like I was "cheating" with 800 cal but the last two days I have had a sort of constant underlying hunger. I am trying to increase my protein consumption for satiety and I am also trying to avoid all the usual suspects (sugar, white flour, etc). Last night I ended up going over by 100 cal because 2 h after dinner (chicken and mashed cauliflower) I was so hungry I carefully counted out 100 calories worth of salted almonds. It helped enough to go to sleep but I woke up hungry too. I'll do my best to hold out until lunch but my stomach is loudly growling and I have meetings this morning - embarrassing (yes its LOUD)! My intention is to have a HUGE salad with some chicken as soon as the cafeteria is open for business.

Speaking of chicken soup - I don't know if anyone remembers how I was complaining my homemade chicken broth seemed to always be lacking in flavor and I was not sure how to fix it. Well, I used my Instant Pot to make the chicken the other night - it was half a chicken (breast with wing, leg/thigh) that I seasoned with a little Montreal Chicken seasoning, and half a cup of water and 20 minutes later wow what yummy broth that left!!! without even any veggies. (and tasty chicken too).

Question for you protein powder users out there: do you have an opinion on what form of the protein is preferable? Specifically I am thinking about whey versus a plant based powder. Not sure if anyone has compared? Also while perusing the protein powders I noticed a lot of them used "contains no stevia" as a selling point. Is this just a flavor thing or is there some reason now people want to avoid stevia? thanks in advance for opinions!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:00 AM   #34
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
A quick fly-by to say hi

Frosty- sorry about your B-day, but even though I'm a day late

Still plugging away with EOD, but I'm not even really bouncing between UD and DD. Just very solid with 133-134

I really need to give the 8WBSD a try, been saying it for a while, just need to take the leap. That or Stillmans, but I usually feel so crappy on day 4 or 5...

Vlo- I would be in heaven if I could lose with Fast 5. I have tried it in maintenance and after about a month I trended up 3-4 pounds.

I love Halo Top. The Lemon Cake is my favorite. I don't eat any other ice cream anymore. The consistency is much better on the Lemon Cake then the Cake Batter.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:17 AM   #35
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 231/217/160
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 9/25/16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrinkingWoman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
Frosty- sorry your bday wasn't everything you hoped it would be but sorry your post made me laugh.
Yeah, yeah, yeah - laugh it up.

I had another night that I couldn't get to sleep. After laying there for awhile, I finally said "screw it" and got up and went to work at midnight instead of laying there 'til 4 am when I would normally get up for work.

It's now a little after 7 am and I am still not particularly tired and the night has been fairly productive. This ever changing sleep schedule kind of sucks, though.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:53 AM   #36
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Groundhog Day!! Of course good ol' Phil saw his shadow so surprise surprise, 6 more weeks of winter. I don't really mind. Remind me I said that the next time I complain about shoveling my stupid driveway.
(sorry this was a sort of lame reference to the movie with Bill Murray... when his day repeated over and over for those of you not familiar... I occasionally think I'm funny).

Just another quick note for those of you following paleo or primal or just low carb, a website who I can't reference (it comes up ***) is doing a promotion for one of their products, if you buy a box of their coconut cashew bars you get a box of their dark chocolate almond bars for free. You enter the code "FreeBars17" at check out and the website is primal blue print dot com. They look chock full of good stuff so I am giving them a try. They are around 220-230 cal/bar though but low carb and high in protein etc. I sound like I'm getting a kickback from them ha ha! I'm not, just thought it was a good deal.

I'm also getting some protein powder delivered today (hopefully) so hoping this takes the edge off some of my hunger. I was thinking I needed some good fats too but its kind of hard to stay low cal with fat. Happy for suggestions if any one has any.

Frosty- sorry about your poor sleep. Is it from the pain or just regular ol' insomnia? any word on when you are getting your surgery?
Old 02-02-2017, 10:02 AM   #37
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Frosty- sorry about your poor sleep. Is it from the pain or just regular ol' insomnia? any word on when you are getting your surgery?
I'm not sure what's causing it. I think it's mainly the pain meds. I am going to run by the doctor after work and see if there are other options. The main point of the pain meds were so I could sleep.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it here but I called the surgery scheduler on Tuesday and found the doctor hadn't even ordered the surgery yet. She called me back yesterday and said that it has now been ordered but it has to go through some hoops before we can set a date. Unless my insurance company holds things up, I should hear back from her tomorrow or Monday to set the date.

The dumb crap that I've had to go through with this is astounding. 'Murica!
Old 02-02-2017, 10:24 AM   #38
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Frosty - have you tried just a regular over the counter sleep aid? Nyquil knocks me out and they make one now just for sleeping (without the cold meds in it). I think it uses doxylamine succinate but I find that the diphenhydramine HCl (Benadryl) is a bit more mild (to me) and has me way less groggy in the AM. Take them early though to give some time to work and then get out of your system by the morning.

something like Advil PM uses one of those also- might be a good option for you?
Old 02-02-2017, 10:38 AM   #39
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

I don't normally have insomnia unless I take a nap in the afternoon or something like that. This just cropped up. The trouble I was having sleeping was staying asleep. I would roll a certain way in my sleep and my shoulder pain would flare and wake me up. That's what the pain meds were supposed to help with. Instead they are keeping me awake.

Oh well. Hopefully it is only for a couple more weeks.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:18 AM   #40
Babsbabs
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: 205/155/140
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrinkingWoman View Post

Was curious if anyone has tried a couple of supplements I have been looking into. I have always had some issues with my digestion(I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I am not the biggest fruit and veggie person. ). I came across two supplements that are suppose to help. One is called black seed oil. It lists a multitude of things it is suppose to help including weight loss, inflammation, blood pressure....the list is long. The other is a broccoli sprout supplement. Supposedly it helps with H-pylori that causes ulcers among other things. Anyone ever try either of these?
I had been taking black seed oil for a few months last year and ran out over Christmas. I think it might have been helping me to maintain a lower weight with out as much effort. Not sure but now that I think about it I am 7 pounds heavier now then when I was taking it. Christmas was also a big factor in my gaining the weight I am sure too! I felt generally better and seemed to have better energy when I was using it regularly so am going out to buy more today.
I have never heard of broccoli sprout supplement.

Does anyone have any good resources or ideas on how to deal with long term depression and anxiety? I have been thinking that one of my teenagers has just been suffering from normal adolescent lack of motivation and things of that nature but now I finally realized it is more then that. Seeing a psychologist with him and wondering if anyone here has any good info for me. I learn the most helpful info here on the JUDDD board so thought I would ask. Private message is ok too.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:02 PM   #41
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

n/m

Last edited by FrostyBeav; 02-02-2017 at 01:05 PM..
FrostyBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 03:40 PM   #42
Kismet311
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
WOE: TOPS-Reached KOPS status on 11-5-15/Juddd
Hi all! Happy Birthday to all the February babies! I like February too since it means it's getting close to MY Birthday in March!!
Work has been crazy since we got a new boss and things just get stranger and stranger. This woman is some sort of hippie I think with umm...interesting ideas (not "cool interesting" unfortunately). I'll just plug along and do the best I can. I seemed to have done well on my recent evaluation so i'm not going to worry about anything right now. I will have a week off from work mid-February so I'm just hanging on til then!
Old 02-02-2017, 03:49 PM   #43
KALEE
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KALEE
Bad day today. Had to take my 16yo dog to the vet. He thinks she has liver cancer. She is not in pain so I am bringing her home tonight. Hard to eat what I should when I am worried about her. I went way off track yesterday. Today I am at 250 cal so should be able to keep it to 800. But I am hungry. Going to stop and get a dill pickle on my way home from work to tide me over.
KALEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 05:09 PM   #44
Babsbabs
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: 205/155/140
Sorry to hear your going through difficult times with your dog not being well Kalee. That would create a lot of difficulties for anyone to try to stick completely to plan.
Old 02-03-2017, 01:46 AM   #45
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Quote:
Originally Posted by KALEE View Post
Bad day today. Had to take my 16yo dog to the vet. He thinks she has liver cancer. She is not in pain so I am bringing her home tonight. Hard to eat what I should when I am worried about her. I went way off track yesterday. Today I am at 250 cal so should be able to keep it to 800. But I am hungry. Going to stop and get a dill pickle on my way home from work to tide me over.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 02:52 AM   #46
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Yay!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 06:39 AM   #47
ShrinkingWoman
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
I had been taking black seed oil for a few months last year and ran out over Christmas. I think it might have been helping me to maintain a lower weight with out as much effort. Not sure but now that I think about it I am 7 pounds heavier now then when I was taking it. Christmas was also a big factor in my gaining the weight I am sure too! I felt generally better and seemed to have better energy when I was using it regularly so am going out to buy more today.
I have never heard of broccoli sprout supplement.
Glad to hear you had some positive results with black seed oil. I ordered both supplements. They are both suppose to help with inflammation in the stomach and intestine lining which is what I am hoping for. If it helps with weight loss that would be an added bonus.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:42 AM   #48
ShrinkingWoman
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Old 02-03-2017, 07:38 AM   #49
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: taramisu
Stats: 282/209/180
Start Date: April 7, 2015
Happy belated birthday, Frosty!

Kalee, I'm so sorry about your puppy. Hope is she comfortable.

Slow, *hugs*. I hope your sibling is improving.

I love Halo Top! My absolute fave is the Oatmeal Cookie kind. Nom nom. I also really like chocolate, well, and most all the kinds I've tried. My least favorite was probably the Cookies & Cream because of the texture thing, although I had no problem still eating it.

Well, I've come to terms with the fact that I'm eating too many calories and weight loss has clearly plateaued. So this week I cut calories and was doing better. Also got in some good workouts. I thought it was a great week--good budget, lots of running, but nothing too extreme or unusual. And I gained .2. Ha! Normally this type of thing is cycle-related for me, but who knows. Maybe it'll come off next week.
tara ¤

My Journal

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times—if one only remembers to turn on the light. ~ Albus Dumbledore

Last edited by taramisu; 02-03-2017 at 07:39 AM..
taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:32 AM   #50
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
UGH Kalee I'm so sorry. My pup is like my kid so I totally get it. Just hang in there and do what you can. if you are also doing 5:2, which 2 days did you decide to be non-dieting? maybe you can adjust. Keep us posted on your poor pup. 16 is a nice long life- what breed is she?

Tara! I didn't even know they made oatmeal cookie Halo Top! I tend to stop at this small chain grocery specific to the NE and they had limited flavors so now with everyone reporting in I am going to have to try them all! I have been saving mine for the weekend since I didn't have calories to spare during the week. 0.2 is not much at all to gain, I bet it comes right off!

Babs- sorry no advice to share but only to sympathize that it is tough being a teenager. I still remember the crap I went through and I am in my 40s! If I could turn back the clock no way would I go back to teenage years. Hang in there, I hope it all goes well. I think going to a psychologist so there is someone to talk to is a huge step. You're a good mom for that.

Ok so made it to Friday and just have to get through the end of the day successfully. I'm pleased with my success so far (down 3 lbs but of course lots of water weight) on the 8WBSD but like I mentioned yesterday I have been hungry all week. It's mid- morning and so far so good with no hunger. My hope is to be able to fast until dinner when I can have a nice hearty 600 cal dinner and a glass of wine. (or 400 cal dinner and 2 glasses!). I got a new protein powder sample delivered last night so I tried it and I have to say it was just WEIRD. it mixed up in to this "fluff"- in fact that is exactly what the company called it - and I didn't really appreciate that texture. I ate it with a spoon. but I was trying this company because it has these flavor mix-ins that you add to either the powder (for a shake or fluff or whatever) or to yogurt, oatmeal, other recipes etc. they had 15 flavors and I think I opened half of them and scooped some fluff in to a little dish a spoon at a time with a sprinkle of flavor to see how it was. They are sweetened with Stevia so if you can get past that sugar substitute taste some of them weren't bad at all. I am thinking to flavor unsweetened greek yogurt with them (I am not a fan of plain yogurt). But I am not so sure I am sticking with this protein powder fluff stuff- maybe it is good for recipes though like those pancakes Vlo mentioned! I just ordered the vegan protein powder (it was on a flash sale for half the cost) so maybe that will have a better texture. I do like the idea of these mix-ins! Oh and the point to all of this is that at least the fluff managed to squash the hunger for hours right up until nearly bed time then I ended up having to eat a 100 cal snack again just so I could go to sleep. But I think I'm on the right track to find a good shake/protein powder that will work.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:59 AM   #51
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBeav View Post
I would roll a certain way in my sleep and my shoulder pain would flare and wake me up. That's what the pain meds were supposed to help with. Instead they are keeping me awake.
Narcotic pain killers tend to make me hyper. I'm weird- I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post

Does anyone have any good resources or ideas on how to deal with long term depression and anxiety? I have been thinking that one of my teenagers has just been suffering from normal adolescent lack of motivation and things of that nature but now I finally realized it is more then that. Seeing a psychologist with him and wondering if anyone here has any good info for me. I learn the most helpful info here on the JUDDD board so thought I would ask. Private message is ok too.
Seeing a therapist is a really good place to start. The therapist can help with processing thoughts and learning coping skills, but if your teenager has significant depression it is likely that medication will be extremely helpful, but see what the psychologist suggests.

I agree with Pheniox- you could not pay me to be a teenager again!

Quote:
Bad day today. Had to take my 16yo dog to the vet. He thinks she has liver cancer. She is not in pain so I am bringing her home tonight.

We lost 2 of our cats less then a year apart. Our cats are our babies.

Quote:

but I was trying this company because it has these flavor mix-ins that you add to either the powder (for a shake or fluff or whatever) or to yogurt, oatmeal, other recipes etc. they had 15 flavors and I think I opened half of them and scooped some fluff in to a little dish a spoon at a time with a sprinkle of flavor to see how it was. They are sweetened with Stevia so if you can get past that sugar substitute taste some of them weren't bad at all. I am thinking to flavor unsweetened greek yogurt with them (I am not a fan of plain yogurt). But I am not so sure I am sticking with this protein powder fluff stuff- maybe it is good for recipes though like those pancakes Vlo mentioned! I just ordered the vegan protein powder (it was on a flash sale for half the cost) so maybe that will have a better texture. I do like the idea of these mix-ins! Oh and the point to all of this is that at least the fluff managed to squash the hunger for hours right up until nearly bed time then I ended up having to eat a 100 cal snack again just so I could go to sleep. But I think I'm on the right track to find a good shake/protein powder that will work.
Can you mention the company? I like the consistency of fluff, so that, with redeeming properties, such as protein sounds good to me.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:05 AM   #52
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
First my apologies. I posted "Yay!" yesterday right after KALEE's sad post about her dog. I am so sorry. I think I must have posted in reply to the final post on the previous page, as I hadn't seen most of the posts on this page until just now. I have done that before and it is very annoying.

I am so sorry KALEE this must be very hard for you. Sending hugs.

Quote:
Today is Day 4 of my 8WBSD 5:2 experiment. I'm doing great with the scale- 3 lbs down since Monday (yes lots of water weight - so happy to evict that) but I must confess to feeling hungry. Monday was not so bad because it is usually a DD for me so it kind of felt like I was "cheating" with 800 cal but the last two days I have had a sort of constant underlying hunger. I am trying to increase my protein consumption for satiety and I am also trying to avoid all the usual suspects (sugar, white flour, etc). Last night I ended up going over by 100 cal because 2 h after dinner (chicken and mashed cauliflower) I was so hungry I carefully counted out 100 calories worth of salted almonds. It helped enough to go to sleep but I woke up hungry too. I'll do my best to hold out until lunch but my stomach is loudly growling and I have meetings this morning - embarrassing (yes its LOUD)! My intention is to have a HUGE salad with some chicken as soon as the cafeteria is open for business.
I know it seems odd but using fats to help the hunger really helps. I understand that it is difficult within the 800 cals, but I found that fat calories were really worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I really need to give the 8WBSD a try, been saying it for a while, just need to take the leap.
Carly, 8WBSD is low carb but not no carb. If you can stay away from big 5 you should be fine. Also I never worried about using artificial sweeteners. And there are such filling high fat foods too. As I said above in reply to Pheonix.

I can't help on the supplements, or Protein Powder sorry. Though that black seed sound interesting .....

Off to do more packing now.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:19 AM   #53
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Kissa I was actually thinking that. I need to think about how to work in the fats within the 800 cal limit. I was thinking bacon - the nutrition facts I have seen is 80-100 cal for 2 slices and I bake mine in the oven which renders a bit more fat and makes it nice and crispy. I could have a lovely meal with bacon. I am going to try avocado again. Not my favorite but maybe as a spicy guacamole I would enjoy it more. oh man my mouth is watering now.

Carly- it is from Devotion Nutrition. I think they sell it on netrition so hopefully that won't get blocked here. but on the website you can order a sample pack - you get 4 packs of vanilla (2 stevia, 2 sucralose) and 4 chocolate (same) and 1 each of the 15 flavor add-ins for something like 24.99. Not a bad deal to be able to try it all out. I only tried the vanilla stevia so far and like I said those flavor add-ins. I mixed mine with unsweetened almond milk and a few ice cubes and it came out super fluffy and it was certainly filling for several hours. the taste was fine on its own but the add-ins (zero calorie) were nice to have. I plan to try the chocolate today.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:29 AM   #54
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Harley27330
Stats: 300+,242,188Ju
WOE: CC/LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Dec 2012/ Jan 2017
Hello all I just wanted to share a update on my beginning of Juddd of which I was really excited about. To be honest in the last 2 months I had been really frustrated on trying weight loss, I was sick and tired of recording ever little thing I ate or drank and exercised and not seeing any improvements. I changed my WOE almost 4 years ago and weight loss was great to begin with, I went from a 48" waist to a 34" inch. I gave away all my larger clothes determined not to ever wear them again. In the last 2 years some of my weight has slowly crept back up no matter what I tried. I was ready to throw in the towel, I deleted my daily food and exercise diary. After a couple of days I decided I was no quitter and researched and found out about Juddd. After 1 week of Juddd I lost 4 pounds I did not get real excited because I have bounced between 3-4 pounds in one day before, but I kept thinking the is a step in the right direction. After 2 weeks I lost a total of 6 pounds. I'm now thinking Oh Yeah!! this is working. Yesterday I was working around the house and noticed my pants were getting a lot looser so this morning after 17 days of Juddd I weighed and have lost a total of 10 pounds. So today I am Happy Happy Happy!!
Harley27330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:34 AM   #55
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley27330 View Post
Hello all I just wanted to share a update on my beginning of Juddd of which I was really excited about. To be honest in the last 2 months I had been really frustrated on trying weight loss, I was sick and tired of recording ever little thing I ate or drank and exercised and not seeing any improvements. I changed my WOE almost 4 years ago and weight loss was great to begin with, I went from a 48" waist to a 34" inch. I gave away all my larger clothes determined not to ever wear them again. In the last 2 years some of my weight has slowly crept back up no matter what I tried. I was ready to throw in the towel, I deleted my daily food and exercise diary. After a couple of days I decided I was no quitter and researched and found out about Juddd. After 1 week of Juddd I lost 4 pounds I did not get real excited because I have bounced between 3-4 pounds in one day before, but I kept thinking the is a step in the right direction. After 2 weeks I lost a total of 6 pounds. I'm now thinking Oh Yeah!! this is working. Yesterday I was working around the house and noticed my pants were getting a lot looser so this morning after 17 days of Juddd I weighed and have lost a total of 10 pounds. So today I am Happy Happy Happy!!
WTG Harley!!
Old 02-03-2017, 09:35 AM   #56
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Well done, Harley!

I think my three meals thing is working. There’s still a bit of a bounce because my husband is doing alternate day eating, so my meals tend to be a bit bigger on the days when he eats than when it’s just me. I feel better when I eat regularly, and the line looks as if it’s heading in the right direction!

Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:41 AM   #57
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/113/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley27330 View Post
Hello all I just wanted to share a update on my beginning of Juddd of which I was really excited about. ...After 2 weeks I lost a total of 6 pounds....noticed my pants were getting a lot looser so this morning after 17 days of Juddd I weighed and have lost a total of 10 pounds. So today I am Happy Happy Happy!!
I'm so pleased to read of your positive experience with JUDDD! KUTGW

Please, continue to let us know how you're getting on.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:38 AM   #58
KALEE
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KALEE
Thank you all for your well wishes. My dog is home now and comfortable at the moment. We are taking it one day at a time. I was going to weigh in on Saturday but I don't think it will really tell me anything. With the week I have been having it has been very hard to stay on track.

I understand about the sleeping problems. I have started to take melatonin before bed and it is really helping.
KALEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 12:23 PM   #59
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Narcotic pain killers tend to make me hyper. I'm weird- I know.
Regular oxy gives me intense dreams so sleep isn't always as restful but I have never had a problem getting to sleep with it like this is doing. This stuff (Tramadol) is a fairly mild narcotic but also apparently has some kind of anti-depressant in it too? Whatever, I'm done with it. I stopped by the doctor's yesterday and told them what was going on and they said they would talk to the doctor (he was busy, of course) about getting me something different. To the surprise of no one, I haven't heard back from them. The Tramadol isn't even that good at keeping the pain away, though I suppose if I never sleep, then I don't end up laying down and aggravating my shoulder.

After being awake more than 48 hours, I was finally able to get to sleep around 11 pm last night. And then promptly slept 12 hours. My DD was super weird yesterday since I didn't sleep between the UD and DD. It just felt off even though I wasn't even hungry or anything. My weight all over the map too since my system is out of whack.
Old 02-03-2017, 01:40 PM   #60
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy&Healthy
Stats: Too much/better/best
WOE: JUDDD/4:3/Fung
Start Date: November 2016
Kalee: Sending you hugs, such a hard thing. Our pups are our kids so I know how you feel. You have given her an excellent 16 years, focus on that.

Harley: Woot Woot!! Phenomenal! My brother is about your size and has lost close to 40 lbs since right after Thanksgiving. You can do this, it works!!

Phoenix: you're doing awesome! Once your body gets used to the cycle hopefully the hunger will tamp down a bit. Wouldn't you know that I just went to the grocery and forgot to get some Halo?!?

Frosty: I also feel weird on the DDs where I don't get good sleep the night before. Sorry you're going through this. FWIW Magnesium Citrate seems to help me. I have not tried it but relora is supposed to be good.

Babsbabs: therapy is the best starting point. I can only speak to my own limited experience, I do well with a mushroom supplement, aside from the immune boosting, it seems to elevate my mood and make me more productive. Solgar has a good one with a Reishi, Shiitake and Maitake blend. I also took Bacopa for a while and it was good for mood but I don't know that it's appropriate for a teenager. Also, meditation saved my sanity when I was going through my divorce a few years ago; they have phenomenal apps for kids and teens now. A professional would probably give you the best advice as to what is right for your child. I know how tough it is to watch your kid struggle and not be able to "fix it", sending you hugs.

Ailluros: good for you!

Kissa: your trip sounds incredible, I'm jealous!

Kismet: I think I'm about to get a new boss as I transition to a new position within my organization, I'm a bit worried about what that will be like since I am the boss at the moment! I'm a March baby, too! Happy early (way early) birthday!

I am still stalled on the scale, big time. My pants are much looser though...I wonder where the weight goes when that happens? I am sort of considering doing the potato hack for a week to get the scale moving again, anyone had a positive experience with it?

Last edited by Happy&Healthy; 02-03-2017 at 01:42 PM..
Happy&Healthy is offline   Reply With Quote