Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 02-03-2017, 02:13 PM   #61
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Harley27330
Stats: 300+,242,188Ju
WOE: CC/LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Dec 2012/ Jan 2017
Thank you Phoenix!!
Thank You Ailuros, glad your scales are going in the right direction also
Thanks so much Slow Sure!!
Thanks for the encouragement Happy & Healthy
Harley27330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2017, 02:45 PM   #62
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/113/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
The edgenose of a stair tread broke as I was going down some stairs this evening. I fell - I'm confident that I haven't broken any bones but I have well and truly damaged my foot and, being where it is, that affects so much of my day-to-day activity and plans - probably for months.

Hopping mad. And, yes, I probably will be hopping for a while.

McGyvered a kayak foot gadget to keep the weight of the bedcovers off me for tonight.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 02:50 PM   #63
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Oh no, Slow. You really did not need that!
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 03:31 PM   #64
Babsbabs
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: 205/155/140
WOE: JUDDD
Thanks Carly, Phoenix17 and Happy&Healthy for the support on the teenager issues. I agree that the psychologist is a good place to start. I am just looking around the web for more information too. It is something I fortunately haven't had to learn about and I think I have a few misconceptions that I am sorting through.

Sorry you fell Slowsure! I hope your foot heals quickly.

Harley- glad JUDDD is working well for you. My husband started at the beginning of January and has been losing weight at a pretty steady rate. He is happy with the relatively easy losses and he doesn't seem to need to count calories on it. He just eats normally on UD and I think he is now doing 0 calorie DD's but he started off with 500 calories but found that was making him hungrier.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:55 PM   #65
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy&Healthy
Stats: Too much/better/best
WOE: JUDDD/4:3/Fung
Start Date: November 2016
Slow: Oh no!! I am sorry that you have to deal with that kind of pain.

Babsbabs: depression is complicated, especially with teens. My ex and I dealt with it with his daughter and it was a tough road. It is so hard to know what they are thinking and the pressures they are exposed to at school and now on the net. She did get treatment and is doing very well now. There are no magic answers but I am here for support if you need me.
Happy&Healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 05:53 PM   #66
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Slow -ouch!!! did you go to the doc or are you sure there is nothing broken? Good work on the Mcgyvering though .

Babs hang in there!

Harley - check in with us here - we are great support!! I know that this place helps to keep me accountable to myself and I get great tips from everyone.

H&H - thanks the hunger was actually manageable today but I can't deny I am looking forward to the weekend. Funny about the Halo- I also looked for it at Costco today but it is either not up here in my stores or it sold out!
Also it seems everyone mentions that the clothes fit better before the scale catches up. so weird huh? but I bet you will see a whoosh soon!

Ailuros- definitely showing a downward trend!! graphs are awesome.

Frosty- glad you finally got some sleep! crossing fingers they figure out your surgery soon.

Kalee- hang in there

Carly - in case you didn't know... there will be 71 minutes MORE daylight on March 1st than on Feb 1st!! thought that might bring you a smile!

sorry if I missed anyone!!! Portia and Vlo- where are you?

I'm a little mad at myself because I am over my calorie limit by about 150 but it was totally by accident. I finally got on-line and was plugging in my meals in to the tracker and voila - I'm over. I forgot to count an item on the fly. Grrrrr!!!! I was feeling so confident too!!! oh well, onward and upward (or downward actually... hopefully).
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 04:12 AM   #67
Kissa
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Good for you Harley, lovely news.

Babs my DD with Downs went through a terrible time with depression a couple of years ago. She is fine now (I think) but still on 2 drugs, which she may stay on forever. Talking therapy did not suit her, she found it upsetting, but I think that's partly because of her limited understanding. I do hope you find help quickly. It is one of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with. I felt so helpless. Sending hugs.

Slow, I am so sorry about the fall. I know how cross you must be, with all you have to handle it's really too much. Sending hugs to you too.

Phoenix, bacon is great, or a drizzle of oil. Some people are suggesting that good quality walnut oil is a great addition to the plan for many reasons, have a Google.

I had a lovely evening at a great restaurant last night, with good friends. Food was great and on plan except for a couple of tiny salted caramel chocolates, and rather more alcohol than is strictly necessary, lol. But no bounce today. May see it tomorrow of course.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.

Last edited by Kissa; 02-04-2017 at 04:16 AM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 06:33 AM   #68
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/167/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Kissa- can't wait to be able to enjoy myself in maintenance like you!

Phoenix- here I am! Sounds like you did really well this week , be careful this weekend! Some Costco carry things that others don't unfortunately oh and I tried halo top birthday cake flavor and it did have a weird texture compared to the other flavors!

Slow- ugh! I'm so sorry you got injured! My friend at roller derby broke her ankle at practice this week and will need surgery. Kind of made me think twice about it, i don't know if at this point in my life it's worth the risk of injury I played 6 years ago and I sprained my ankle once and then 2 years later sprained my PCL but thankfully never broke anything knock on wood! Take care of yourself and take it easy!

Harley- glad you find Juddd suits you!

Babs- it's worth looking into diet when it comes to anxiety or depression. I read grain brain and he talks a lot about how grains affect us neurologically. Also in the new keto group I'm in a lot of people are keto not to lose weight but because it helps with depression and anxiety. I know he's a teen and diet adjustment will be tough but it's worth a shot before going the medication route. I'd also look into having labs done to see if he's deficient in something that could be causing depression. Hugs to you mama I know first hand how tough it is when your kid has an issue and you just want to do whatever you can to fix it.

Frosty- I hope you get that whole mess figure out! How horribly frustrating!

Kalee- so sorry about your dog

Happy- crossing my fingers for you to have a whoosh soon!

Ailuros- glad you are doing better and happy with changing things up.

Tara- yes the oatmeal cookie is awesome! I may or may not have bought 24 pints of halo this week I'm sorry but it's on sale and I need to stock up! So far I've tried vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, pistachio, mocha chip, mint chip, salted Carmel, birthday cake,peanut butter......sounds like I ate a ton but I just bought them all and stuck the tip of a spoon(1/4 tsp) in each one to try it lol! I love them all but I really love pistachio I also have come to the realization that I was eating too many calories and I have to track religiously to get anywhere, sigh it's a pain but we got to do what we got to do!

So I've been doing my fast 5 all week and really liking it. I've been tracking every calorie and every macro perfectly.the scale was dropping.8 or .6 each day, which of course isn't as impressive as a dd drop but the next day there wasn't an uptick so it was nice not seeing the bounce. Until this morning that is.......out of nowhere I'm up 1.6 i started Monday at 163.8, yesterday I was 162.4, this morning I was 164, so I weigh more than when I started WTH?! Yesterday I was very tempted to do a dd since my sons bday party is today and I thought maybe just maybe I could see 159.8 if I did a full fast. But i didn't and Now I'm still up 4 lbs from last week and I'm about to have crap ton of carbs today 1 step forward 4 steps back! Very annoyed and although I've really enjoyed fast 5 this week it just makes me want to go back to EOD. Anywho I'm not going to stress got a busy day ahead of me and I want to enjoy myself , come Monday damage control, story of my life .

Last edited by Vlo1125; 02-04-2017 at 06:41 AM..
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:51 AM   #69
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Vlo! um... 24 pints of Halo? I don't have a freezer big enough to handle that . But interesting about the texture differences. As I was reading your post after what you mentioned to Babs about reaction to foods then your weird weight bounce despite good macros- maybe look at what you ate compared to other days? for instance maybe the dairy from sampling many Halo's caused it? (even in 1/4 tsp tastes!). Just a thought. when I was doing the elimination diet ages ago I was surprised at how much dairy affects me. I still haven't managed to give it up but I do know when I have a lot to expect a reaction.

Kissa thanks for the suggestion of walnut oil. I did look it up and it seems to have a lot of great benefits!! My next search will be comparing eating the walnuts themselves versus using the oil. I love nuts of all sorts! (there is an intended pun in that statement ).

Well I think I have already eaten 800 calories and isn't even 10 AM yet. Yeah I am making up for the week of hunger but I will reign it in because I REALLY don't want to un-do all my progress!! I also already had the pup out for his morning walk to try to walk off a few calories and reflected on the food choices I purchased for the weekend and am seeing a pattern in my purchasing behaviors that I need to change. If I like something (food or otherwise) I feel compelled to buy multiples (so Vlo, the only thing that would limit my Halo purchases would be freezer space!!). It is a real compulsion as opposed to a well thought out plan. There is some family history there that I want to change- I am hoping it is an unfortunate learned behavior I can reverse. I also think I have to stop watching commercial TV around any sort of eating event (Super Bowl/sporting events, holidays, etc) as I appear to be susceptible to those never ending food commercials (that are WAY more noticeable on a DD!) I have chicken wings and chips in my kitchen and unfortunately a couple of sweet treats too, one of which was part of my breakfast.... tsk tsk.

OK I think I shall go clean out my pantry... wish me luck! ha ha.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:01 AM   #70
Kissa

Phoenix you should still be eating 'Med style' even on your 2 non 800 days.... But life happens, lol.

Vlo sorry your are up but I am so enjoying fast five. I've not done it religiously but it has been that way most days. Hope you enjoy your son's birthday.

Old 02-04-2017, 08:09 AM   #71
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Vlo: good to see you! 24 pints of ice cream...I get it, I love ice cream so, so much! Get it while it's on sale, that stuff ain't cheap.

Phoenix: you're doing great! I have the same compulsion and have been trying to rein it in. Thankfully, my house is so small that I have 0% storage space, that helps.

So, speaking of compulsion and Halo...I had to do a small grocery run this morning and I went straight to the freezer aisle to see about the Halo, they had that and another brand, Arctic Frost. I ended up getting 6! Different flavors to see what they taste like and texture...you know, for science....
Old 02-04-2017, 09:05 AM   #72
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Phoenix- I could have a sensitivity to dairy but I'll never know cause I refuse to quit it too lol! Happy- yea for science purposes

I'm currently in line at the store buying 10 more pints it's the last day they'll be $2.88 and I have a deep freezer ( overly filled ATM lol) but I love them, my kids love them and if they are cheap I'm stocking up. I used to be a major couponer( like on a professional level) so one of the first rules on a good deal is stock up while the prices are low. I don't buy the inserts anymore since I'm into all natural with foods and beauty products so it's not worth it anymore. But I still use a lot of old tricks from it to spend the least possible on groceries( I'm always on the hunt for marked down organic meats)I've carefully weighed out in grams each serving of halo top I've had ( 1 a day the last 3 days) maybe I am reacting to the sugar alcohols? Idk maybe I should only eat a couple of times per week not everyday. either way I'm glad to have the stash, if I only eat a couple times a week it last even longer
Old 02-04-2017, 09:13 AM   #73
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Kissa- I really do like fast 5 it's like the best of both worlds you're fasting but you still get to eat every single day. The gain could be random or it could be related to maybe the sugar alcohols in the halo top so I'm gonna play around with that. I'm not giving up just yet I was just frustrated this morning to see such a big uptick when I've been flawlessly counting my calories and my macros. Thanks I will definitely enjoy my sons birthday and not sit and obsess over foods

My husband is going to try to do keto with me starting Monday and he has a big sweet tooth so I'm pretty sure that Halo top is going to go a lot more quickly with all four of us eating it each pint is four servings so it'll probably only last us two months LOL!
Old 02-04-2017, 09:20 AM   #74
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quick fly-by - the foot is miserable and I'm hoping that it is just a midfoot and ankle sprain albeit there might be ligament involvement (ironically, because of the position, longer to heal than a fracture). We'll see what happens over the next 48hrs or so - I might have to ask DH to go and get me an open boot for my foot tomorrow (Sunday). He has to travel - and I have to be able to move around my home without hopping.

Vio - just a thought, but if you're high-fat keto, might you consider extending a portion size of Halo by serving it with kefir grain cultured cream or a half-and-half yoghurt? (I've no idea of the relative prices or how well they'd sit alongside eachother in a bowl.)

Was it Phoenix who asked about kefir? It's as simple as some very good milk kefir grains and some decent milk, stirred together and left to culture until thick.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:43 AM   #75
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

My first batch of kefir seemed very bitter, so I threw it away and fed the grains some fresh milk. Hope they’ll be ok after being abandoned in the back of the fridge for ages.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:51 AM   #76
Babsbabs
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: 205/155/140
WOE: JUDDD
Busy day so I hope I am not missing any comments here as I quickly scanned. I'll come back tonight to read the other thoughts here, especially the ice cream comments.

Vio- Thanks for your thoughts. My middle son has to eat Autoimmune Paleo to not have chronic fatigue, he is 19 now. So I had been thinking along those lines already for my son with the depression. Most of our family eats grain free and I do periods of ketogenic dieting but don't do it constantly as I feel it has a bad effect of my hormones when I go longer on that type of eating. I know lots of people feel good on it all the time but that just isn't me for whatever reasons. Anyway the son who is feeling depressed gets much worse without the carbs. It all seems very complicated!

Cindy- thanks! You always know how to reasure and relate to people. It is stressful and I think you are right that it is something that we just need to figure out and it will one day be in our past and things will be better for us again too.

Last edited by Babsbabs; 02-04-2017 at 09:53 AM..
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 09:56 AM   #77
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
My first batch of kefir seemed very bitter, so I threw it away and fed the grains some fresh milk. Hope they’ll be ok after being abandoned in the back of the fridge for ages.
Stick them in some double cream - they adore that - it's like a spa to them.

After a rest in cream, they tend to come out fighting fit and ready to culture (double cream).
Old 02-04-2017, 10:02 AM   #78
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Stick them in some double cream - they adore that - it's like a spa to them.

After a rest in cream, they tend to come out fighting fit and ready to culture (double cream).
Thanks. I have some raw Jersey cream. I’ll let them loose on a bit of that.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:16 AM   #79
Kissa

What happy Kefir grains, lol.

Old 02-04-2017, 11:17 AM   #80
KALEE
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KALEE
Weighed in today up 1 lb not surprised after the week I had. Next week WILL be better.
KALEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 11:46 AM   #81
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 231/217/160
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 9/25/16
I mentioned yesterday that I had a weird DD with the no sleep thing happening. When I weighed yesterday morning after finally sleeping for 12 hours, I was disappointed to see my weight at 214 lbs which was up a little from the previous DD. I figured it could be out of whack from the messed up sleep and pain meds. This morning, I weight after waking up and saw 214 again. I was thinking "What? That's what I weighed yesterday." Then I thought "Wait! Yesterday was an up day. Cool."

I'm a little groggy when I first wake up.

I got a call late yesterday afternoon from the hospital. My surgery was approved and they wanted to schedule a time. They said they had a cancellation I could do it next Wednesday. So

I haven't had any surgery since I was 14 but I seem to remember that they don't want you eating or drinking before surgery. Wednesdays are normally my UD so I am switching around this week. I normally do a 4:3 with back to back UDs on Friday and Saturday. Instead, today is going to be a DD and I'll have UDs on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:23 PM   #82
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Kissa - Yeah I know I should be sticking to the Med.diet type of eating on my off days but with my terrible sweet tooth I sort of need to ease in to it or I will start to think its too restrictive and quit - at least that is what I have ended up doing in the past. I used to regularly use sugar substitutes but had stopped after a bit of a health scare (after which tried to stick to all natural, organic, paleo, etc) so I am trying to get over the aversion I developed. I'm still doing moderate carbs overall with non-sugar items. I'll get there! I am pretty happy with my results this week so I won't give up. Your support is helpful- don't stop!

Vlo- I guess you can test the sugar alcohol theory by laying off the dairy for a bit, then eating non-dairy sugar alcohols and see what happens? Ok well maybe after all the Halo is gone . It is not on sale in my area (at least not that I have found) so I will refrain from more flavors until then. besides I need to make room in my freezer!

Slow that was me that asked! thanks for the info. I just looked up the difference between kefir and yogurt- sounds like it is a bit more sour tasting than yogurt?

Happy - I'm eager to hear what you think of the Arctic Frost. I did find that too but the ingredients made me hesitate after my protein fluff experiment... so please give us a review!!

I just signed up for 2 CSAs (meat and veggie) at my local farm stand that I love but oh boy was that a major hit to the bank account. I won't need to buy meat for about a year though!!

ok back to cleaning out that pantry.... blah
Old 02-04-2017, 02:13 PM   #83
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Harley27330
Stats: 300+,242,188Ju
WOE: CC/LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Dec 2012/ Jan 2017
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
Thanks Carly, Phoenix17 and Happy&Healthy for the support on the teenager issues. I agree that the psychologist is a good place to start. I am just looking around the web for more information too. It is something I fortunately haven't had to learn about and I think I have a few misconceptions that I am sorting through.

Sorry you fell Slowsure! I hope your foot heals quickly.

Harley- glad JUDDD is working well for you. My husband started at the beginning of January and has been losing weight at a pretty steady rate. He is happy with the relatively easy losses and he doesn't seem to need to count calories on it. He just eats normally on UD and I think he is now doing 0 calorie DD's but he started off with 500 calories but found that was making him hungrier.
When I started Judddd I decided to really shake my body up so I quit low carbing. On my DD's I keep my calories under 200. I am in the same boat as your husband I usually don't get hungry until I eat, but so far I am doing well. On my UD I eat what I want within reason. I am having a Super bowl party at my house tomorrow and don't think I will go crazy on eating.
Harley27330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 06:23 PM   #84
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Harley: What I love about JUDDD is that you can live your life without being the weirdo eating only the celery sticks while everyone else eats the wings. Enjoy your party and enjoy the food...within reason, of course.

Slow: I hope that foot is feeling better.

Frosty: Yay for the surgery! And Yay for the weight loss!

Kalee: yes, it will! You had a hard week last week.

Vlo: you're my hero when it comes to finding a great recipe hack and now with managing a deal! You've definitely inspired me to make my pennies stretch as far as they can and still live the good life! Glad your husband is joining you, it's so much better when their alarm for the ride. Better support and, since you're both on the same plan, the same meals!

OK, so here is the result of the Arctic Frost v. Halo Top smackdown (you didn't think we'd wait to try them ALL, did you?!?)

Halo Mint Chip v. Arctic Frost Hint of Mint: Halo hands down, no question. The Halo has that creamy, ice cream consistency and big mint flavor, while the Arctic Frost tastes OK but the consistency was very light, slightly crunchy and overall not very pleasant, definitely fluffy kind of like very light, frozen styrofoam. It also has that colder than normal erythritol feel to it. DD liked it, DH and I were not fans.

Halo Chocolate v. Arctic Frost Chocolate: Halo takes it again. Texture and taste were great with Halo, this AF had a better consistency than the hint of mint but it had a major bitter aftertaste that killed any good flavor at the start.

Halo Vanilla v. Arctic Frost Chocolate Peanut Butter: Love me some Halo Vanilla, my new fave for sure, DH was a fan also (though he's a mint chip kinda guy at heart), DD liked it, too. So, you know the weird smell of an old closet in an old house, where the clothes are musty, it's dark and there is a slight undercurrent of mothball? That is EXACTLY what the AF tasted like. Awful.

Loving the Halo Top thanks Phoenix and Vlo for turning us on to it! The only thing I worry about is that it has sugar cane as an ingredient but it's only 4g for the flavors we bought. Pretty low overall. I did not think I would get to have ice cream often again and now I can!
Old 02-05-2017, 03:38 AM   #85
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
Slow that was me that asked! thanks for the info. I just looked up the difference between kefir and yogurt- sounds like it is a bit more sour tasting than yogurt?
It's like yoghurt in that there are different strains so they taste different. The grains are the same always but over their many generations and in different milks, they end up yielding different-tasting profiles, IYSWIM.

You need to get grains that yield a good result from the outset or then you need to culture them in milk and then in and out of cream to encourage the taste profile that you want.
Old 02-05-2017, 04:02 AM   #86
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
You need to get grains that yield a good result from the outset or then you need to culture them in milk and then in and out of cream to encourage the taste profile that you want.
It sounds like the way you manipulate the temperature, moisture &c of a sourdough culture to adjust the types of yeast & bacteria that develop.
Old 02-05-2017, 04:14 AM   #87
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
It sounds like the way you manipulate the temperature, moisture &c of a sourdough culture to adjust the types of yeast & bacteria that develop.
It's *exactly* like that. One of my all time favourite food writing is Jeffrey Steingarten describing how he manipulated the temperature of his NY flat to develop the perfect sourdough starter.

After he achieved it, he had to decide between the starter and his wife permanently wearing a coat indoors...
Old 02-05-2017, 04:19 AM   #88
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quick update: it's ? a Lisfranc event for one foot and a strain/sprain for the other with assorted minor sprains for the knee and a banged-up spine (technical terms).

Opting for NWB, conservative management of the ? Lisfranc and I'll have dynamic imaging to assess it in a few weeks, depending on how it is.

Yes, a nuisance - but I know how fortunate I am in that it could have been a lot worse. That said, in the stupid way that we pay interest by worrying or being annoyed about the future (a debt that might not happen), I'm intensely frustrated at what this means for day to day. And how it's going to crimp the current physiotherapy.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:30 AM   #89
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Slow: how frustrating for you. No weight bearing on that foot is limiting but looking on the bright side is critical, it definitely could have been a lot worse. I will be keeping a speedy recovery for you in my heart.

So, I've made a couple of "discoveries" over the last couple of weeks, including the Halo, Lily's chocolate and Coco Polo chocolate. I was so happy to be able to eat chocolate again that I think I went a little overboard. While I have kept in line with my calorie goals, I haven't lost anything and, as a matter fact, I put on over a pound this weekend. Vlo, I think your observation about the sugar alcohols might be applicable to me, as well. I think I'm feeling too free to eat those treats and it's negatively affecting my losses. My problem is that, once I have a little bit, I have to have half a tablet. That's not good. I still stay within my calories but perhaps the sweeteners are adversely affecting progress. I've also felt sad and weepy the last couple days which is unusual for me. I think going into this next week I'm going to lay off the sweets completely since that has worked well for me over the last few months.

Like Harley, I am having people over this afternoon. I think I'm going to enjoy, within reason, and hit it hard this next week coming up.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:12 AM   #90
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy&Healthy View Post
I think I'm feeling too free to eat those treats and it's negatively affecting my losses. My problem is that, once I have a little bit, I have to have half a tablet. That's not good. I still stay within my calories but perhaps the sweeteners are adversely affecting progress.
Yeah I totally get that. This is why I had to stop low carb and why I am trying to ease in to the Med-style diet. I tend to find those treats and think because they fit whatever plan I'm allowed to have what I want. I don't really WANT to start eating sugar substitutes because ultimately they are never really satisfying to me and then I end up eating double just to try to satisfy a craving, and sometimes even end up with real sugar ALSO anyway. Totally derails me. So thanks for posting this H&H because I think I just decided I'm mostly sticking to real sugar, just in smaller quantities. well- not completely... I will still have Halo and the protein powders and flavorings I just bought have Stevia.
Also THANKS For the AF v Halo comparison!! I suspected the whey base for the AF would make it kind of weird. I can see how it would be a nice-to-have option for someone with food sensitivities but otherwise no thank you.

Slow- OUCH total bummer on the injuries!!! As active as you are, I imagine you are super frustrated- I wish you speedy healing!!!

Frosty for the surgery!! and also for a potentially lower DD coming up.

Harley good luck with the party! There are lots of good foods that are not calorie bombs.

And after saying that- I must 'fess up that yesterday was more like a UUAD. I probably ate at least 2500 calories I just snacked my way through the whole day, giving in to all those cravings I had all week long. I have realized I need to track calories as I go. The only possible good thing out of this is that today I feel oogy and icky so will hopefully be much better today having given in to those cravings. Just after I send this I plan to toss out several of those items I snacked on so I don't mindlessly give in. I did get in about 16K steps yesterday so I offset the calories a wee tiny bit...and my pup is bugging me for his long walk already so I will make sure I get in at least 15K before the game. Today I will be planning out my meals for the week so can perhaps work some of those in to today.