Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 02-21-2017, 07:05 AM   #241
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Yikes Vlo be careful! are you a little dehydrated? Or alternatively, did you whoosh so much water you need a little electrolyte re-balance?

I am jealous of all of you that can do successful DDs on the weekends (or otherwise at-home days). I am assuming that part of my problem are habits and routines but they are those i enjoy. My toast and coffee on weekend mornings after I bring the dog for a long walk. Spending time cooking a nice dinner, which is rarely low calorie and almost always is paired with a nice wine. And the unfortunate sweet craving I have after dinner on pretty much any day. I think I need to remind myself that I can do all of those things in maintenance but I have to get there first!! sigh. So yeah my weekend was definitely two UDs and yesterday was not an UD but still over what I wanted. (btw, the red velvet Halo Top gets two thumbs up). I suppose at least I can say I made what I consider a kick-a$$ chili. It could probably use a bit more spice but since I don't know the spice tolerance of most of the people that will be eating I'll just leave it.

Weigh in this morning has me only ~2lbs over the last weigh in so its not the end of the world but STILL. one step forward two steps back.

Ok so its been a while - has ANYONE heard from Barbo? And I wonder how Frosty is doing in his recovery? I assume he is still working on it if he isn't typing.
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2017, 08:11 AM   #242
Babsbabs
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: 205/155/140
WOE: JUDDD
Vlo- I hope you are feeling better today. It is not fun to be dizzy.

Phoenix17- I hear you on the weekend difficulties. I decided that I should do two UD's on the weekend as we had my mother-in-law staying with us and I know I didn't make any weight loss progress. Weekends are challenging!

I go to see my new trainer at the gym this morning. I hope it goes well and I don't hate it!
Old 02-21-2017, 10:15 AM   #243
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post

Down 3.6 lbs from my dd! Great but I'm still 165.2 sigh. For today ud I'm going to enter everything in my tracker and not go over 2000 calories and 20 net carbs. I had a bulletproof coffee this morning cause I ran out of cream so I'm going to hold off eating as long as I can, maybe have an early lunch.

Omg guys I just got soooo dizzy, I had to sit on the kitchen floor. I actually feel horrible today my whole body aches , especially my neck! I think in part due to using the massage stick and in part cause I did my cize DVD yesterday and man oh man am I out of shape! It was hard! Sigh going to take it easy today and def get in a epsom salt bath.
Yikes, I hope the dizziness passed. I usually need salt when I get like that. I'm just guessing that 2000 calories is probably too high, even for an UD for your current weight. I could be wrong, but when I was 190lb my UD was around 1900.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
I am jealous of all of you that can do successful DDs on the weekends (or otherwise at-home days). I am assuming that part of my problem are habits and routines but they are those i enjoy. My toast and coffee on weekend mornings after I bring the dog for a long walk. Spending time cooking a nice dinner, which is rarely low calorie and almost always is paired with a nice wine. And the unfortunate sweet craving I have after dinner on pretty much any day. I think I need to remind myself that I can do all of those things in maintenance but I have to get there first!! sigh. So yeah my weekend was definitely two UDs and yesterday was not an UD but still over what I wanted. (btw, the red velvet Halo Top gets two thumbs up).

Ok so its been a while - has ANYONE heard from Barbo? And I wonder how Frosty is doing in his recovery? I assume he is still working on it if he isn't typing.
I'm glad to get an endorsement for the Red Velvet Cake Halo Top. Might need to try that.

Weekend DDs have only recently felt easier, but agree, I needed to re-evaluate some of my weekend routines, which I enjoyed, but were not conducive to get back firmly under 125.

I'm worried about Barbo and Frosty too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
I go to see my new trainer at the gym this morning. I hope it goes well and I don't hate it!
How was it?

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:13 PM   #244
Babsbabs
Major LCF Poster!

The session with the trainer went good. I mentioned that I like to fast on alternate days and she talked about how that would be throwing me into starvation mode and lead to rapid fat gain. I said that I felt differently based on new info that has come out on fasting. She was interested in me giving her the info. I guess my best source would be the Dr Fung articles. Anyone know of anything more specific to weight training?
Old 02-21-2017, 03:28 PM   #245
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/113/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
I was mentioning Barbo and Frosty tonight to DH on the train home and wondering how they are.

Quote:
Quote:
The session with the trainer went good. I mentioned that I like to fast on alternate days and she talked about how that would be throwing me into starvation mode
JUDDD doesn't involve fasts that are anywhere near long enough to go into that mode (and there's research with different perspectives on the existence of starvation mode - and your trainer should be prepared to give you evidence for its existence and its relevance to your circumstances rather than the other way round, IMO, but I am feeling a little cranky ).
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:13 PM   #246
Babsbabs
Major LCF Poster!

Slowsure- I am not bothered by it as I don't have to follow her diet advice. I was happy that she had some flexibility with her thinking so we can talk and I can hopefully adapt what I do to get the results I want. I am thinking adaquite protein on my UD's are a good start for me. She did say that the she had one class on fasting which was less then an hour long during her kinesiology degree. Interesting to hear it was covered at all. We shall see how it goes.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:53 AM   #247
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
After my nice little downward slope I did the predictable thing, and started eating too much/too many treats and went all the way back up again. So Iím still trying to get back below 120. Iím at about 30% body fat according to the available DIY assessments. The low 20s would be nice.

Iím still working on feeding my bacteria. Thereís yoghurt in the fridge, with raw milk & cream & assorted raw cheeses. A sourdough starter thatís a bit nomadic, kefir in the cupboard, and a few jars of sauerkraut & kimchi on the windowsill. Iím contemplating kombuchaÖ Also trying to eat plenty of vegetables to feed my symbiotic friends.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:00 AM   #248
ShrinkingWoman
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ShrinkingWoman
Stats: HW 207 197/180/157 H-5'10
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: January 1, 2017
Vlo - I hope you feel better today. Definitely sounds like something off balance. Electrolytes? You did have a large drop in weight overnight so it sounds like your body is getting rid of the water it was holding on to. I was noticing your stats and they are astounding. You have lost a total of 100 pounds! That is awesome!

Babs- Glad you liked the gym and the trainer. I wish I didn't hate exercise with the heat of a thousand suns cause I really need to work on my muscle tone.

Ailuros - One thing I started taking as a person with stomach/gut issues was a broccoli sprout supplement. It supposedly helps kill bad bacteria in the stomach. It has really help me a lot. A lot of people actually grow the sprouts and use them fresh. knowing myself I knew I wasn't going to keep up on that, but the supplement has really helped my stomach issues. I still try to eat a lot of things with good probiotics, but none of them helped as much as the broccoli sprouts.

Phoenix- Weekends are always tricky. I always seem to have one UUAD on the weekend as my DH and I always go out one day on the weekend. It always seems to work out on my DD too! So I usually end up with a MD on Friday or Saturday, one of them an UUAD, and a DD on Sunday. Then I weigh in on Monday. I can't bring myself to weigh in after an UUAD.

Rashalini- Just wondering how things were going for you? I see that you are holding steady weight wise.

To everyone else hello.

Yesterday I had one of the hardest DD's. I felt like I was starving all day. I ended up having a 500 calorie DD were I usually have no trouble with a 0-100 calorie day. And it was a hard fought 500 calorie day. I did wake up to a new low so I am glad I stuck it out. All day was thinking about what I was going to have for breakfast, and now I am not even hungry . The body is a strange beast.
ShrinkingWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:16 AM   #249
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Babs- I'm with SlowSure on this one but like you said at least she is open to hearing more info.

SW- saw your new low- congrats!! This puts you at goal for February!

I'm having a bit of a down today. Other than the scale not doing what I want I don't really know what is bringing it on. The last several days I have been having thoughts of the past and mostly about things that did not make me happy- I have no idea why these are coming up in my head and I am trying to stop it (think happy thoughts - ha). If its PMS then the timing is off. although I suppose that makes sense because I am also having huge cravings. I actually was thinking on my way in to work that I Just wanted to go find myself a pastry shop and sit down with a huge mug of tea and some sweet pastry. How self destructive!! I was also thinking that I am SICK of thinking about food and calorie counts. sigh. diet burn out I guess, especially since its not working for me. I know this will pass but I'm feeling pretty moody right now. I am considering that for the next 7 days I should stick to packaged foods mostly so that I can actually more accurately count my calories. I am wondering if I just suck at that. maybe that will also sort of ease up the whole thinking about food and calories thing too. I have frozen dinners, frozen vegetables, canned soups and packaged protein shakes that I can consume, a food scale and measuring cups to be more accurate. There is the chili contest tomorrow but I can just take one spoonful of the competition and estimate them each at 50 cal/spoonful... or just skip the tasting completely and trust that mine is the best .

I have a tendency to type out my plans on here to see if they make sense in writing and I think this one might be a good goal. At least through this last weekend in February.

Ok when I'm feeling in a down mood like this I try to finish my thoughts with something positive. Spring is just around the corner, we are supposed to reach record high temps for this area today and tomorrow - in the 60s and possibly even high 60s which is crazy for February in New England. I'll take it! Maybe I should play hooky and bring the dog to the beach . it is only open for a short while for dogs before the birds start to nest and then no dogs allowed. Hmmm... I may have to do that.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:06 AM   #250
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/167/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Phoenix- prepacked Foods will be an easier way to keep track of calories so if that's what you need to do to make it work go for it. I think what our problem is ( I'm guilty of this) is consistancy. Trusting in something long enough to see if it yields results. You've changed your approach a lot but one thing that doesn't change is your weekends. Same here, diet all week but go over calories or drinking on the weekends pretty much voids all the hard work we've done during the week. Which in maintenance would be perfect, but for losing not so much! We've got to find balance on the weekends somehow! When I figure it out I'll let you know! as for feeling down just that time of year I think! Enjoy the good weather tomorrow! Hope your chili takes the prize!

Shrinking woman- I've seen people say around here that an very hungry dd usually means a whoosh or a big drop is coming! Congrats on the new low!

Ailuros- sounds like you have a probiotic buffet at your house! Yum!

Babs- well it's sounds like she's willing to learn which is better than those who spout off the wrong info as gospel! Hope this means it's a good fit!

Carly- 2000 is def too high! But when I do 36 hour fast, feels like just the right amount of food I'm hoping this will at least get me back
Down to 160 and then stillmans takes me lower!

So you all are right about the electrolytes, I had salty bone broth on my dd perhaps I needed more? Going to look for recipes for a homemade electrolyte drink! I'm up 1.4 from my ud, sigh, was hoping since I'm still so bloated I'd have that rare lose after an ud but no luck. Like Carly said 2000 is most likely way too many calories , but it's a struggle to stay under that(2240 yesterday). I also went over carbs I had 35 net but I feel ok about it. Keto hasnt done me any favors honestly so I'm ok with going back to my primal under 50g total carbs this week anyways. Then onto stillmans Monday, equal parts excitement and dread it's gonna be boring and hard but I've tried just about everything so it's time to take the plunge! I have plans Saturday so im not sure I won't just gain whatever I lost this week, which sorta makes this week feel pointless but I gotta keep trying anyways. Dd today, had a bulletproof coffee, 220 cals ouch! I would just go buy cream but with starting stillmans in a few days it'll go bad since I can't have dairy that's going to be the hardest part, black coffee ! Any who off to make some homemade febreeze and electrolyte drink!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 02-22-2017 at 08:09 AM..
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:10 AM   #251
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: raishalini
Stats: 185/179/136 5'4.5"
WOE: JUDDD & IF
Start Date: January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrinkingWoman View Post

Rashalini- Just wondering how things were going for you? I see that you are holding steady weight wise.
Hello there

I am just keeping up my rotation in the hope that once my body is done dealing with TOM issue (Whenever that happens ) I will see a loss. Any which way I can't do anything else

Meanwhile I have diverted my attention to Callanetics and enjoying it..It will surely lead to inch loss. So something to look forward to

Babs, what exactly you want to know about weight training. I do it as well as read about it a lot so might be of little help ( hope so)
Old 02-22-2017, 09:10 AM   #252
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah Vlo I hear ya- have had all those thoughts myself. My weekends always derail me no matter what plan I come up with. and no matter how many times I go in to the weekend thinking to myself "suck it up buttercup and just do it" It just doesn't seem to stick. The thing is, whether it is UD/DD rotations or this 8WBSD plan I've been doing M-F, it is WORKING (during the week)... so why can't I just do it on the weekends??? argh!!!!!!!! IDK what the solution is other than willpower. So I have willpower during the week, why not on the weekends???
This is why I keep switching things up, I am hoping something will stick. I think maybe I should move my scale down by my refrigerator - maybe that will be a reminder .

blah blah blah I get sick of listening to myself.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:15 AM   #253
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Quote:
Ailuros - One thing I started taking as a person with stomach/gut issues was a broccoli sprout supplement. It supposedly helps kill bad bacteria in the stomach. It has really help me a lot. A lot of people actually grow the sprouts and use them fresh. knowing myself I knew I wasn't going to keep up on that, but the supplement has really helped my stomach issues. I still try to eat a lot of things with good probiotics, but none of them helped as much as the broccoli sprouts.
Thanks. I donít actually have stomach/gut symptoms, but Iíve been reading a lot about the gut-brain interactions as well as general health effects, and some studies where pre- and pro-biotics helped with anxiety & depression, so I thought it was worth seeing if some of this stuff would help. Iíll keep a note of the broccoli sprouts.

Quote:
Ailuros- sounds like you have a probiotic buffet at your house! Yum!
It is a bit. Lots of little pets to take care of.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:16 AM   #254
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Yesterday I had one of the hardest DD's. I felt like I was starving all day. I ended up having a 500 calorie DD were I usually have no trouble with a 0-100 calorie day. And it was a hard fought 500 calorie day. I did wake up to a new low so I am glad I stuck it out. All day was thinking about what I was going to have for breakfast, and now I am not even hungry . The body is a strange beast.
Just had to mention my experience. I lost about 18 lb counting calorie before coming to JUDDD. I have seen this time and again that whenever I felt extreme hunger I saw a drop in weight next day. On JuDDD too it happened with me, don't know the science behind it
Old 02-22-2017, 09:55 AM   #255
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Raishalini- it's that magical whoosh!

Phoenix- I get sick of myself too yes will power is definitely part of it, the other is having a plan of action and seeing it thru. Why are weekends so hard? Because they are the time we get to relax and unwind from a busy week, and when we relax we have lower inhibitions. So how about we only give ourselves 1 day like that, have a uuad on Saturday and treat Sunday like a week day? Or vice versa. That way you still enjoyed yourself but there's a cut off. Kinda the same idea as a cheat day. It stinks that 2 bad days cancel out 5 good ones but it does so try for 6 good days and 1 bad one

My electrolyte drink came out gooooodd! But I had to use coconut water for potassium since I didn't have nusalt so it's got carbs. But it's a dd and I'm otherwise not eating so I can afford the carbs today. I think I didn't even get to drink half a cup cause my ds loved it and drank half of it! also made my febreeze spray and now I feel like making some more diy stuff! Yesterday was a major cooking day. I made keto sunflower seed bread, the ultimate keto buns, fathead pizza crust, burgers, BBQ pork belly, and cheese crackers. But now my fridge is full of quick grab stuff for DH and I don't even have to cook
Today which is nice it being a dd and all. Tonight is pizza night for the rest of the household so I'll slap some sauce , cheese and pepperoni on the pre-made crust for DH and be done with it. I have practice tonight so I hope the electrolyte drinks helps me not get dizzy!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 02-22-2017 at 09:58 AM..
Old 02-22-2017, 10:28 AM   #256
ShrinkingWoman
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raishalini View Post
Hello there

I am just keeping up my rotation in the hope that once my body is done dealing with TOM issue (Whenever that happens ) I will see a loss. Any which way I can't do anything else

Meanwhile I have diverted my attention to Callanetics and enjoying it..It will surely lead to inch loss. So something to look forward to
Glad you enjoy the exercise. Definitely lead to an inch loss and over all good health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
Thanks. I donít actually have stomach/gut symptoms, but Iíve been reading a lot about the gut-brain interactions as well as general health effects, and some studies where pre- and pro-biotics helped with anxiety & depression,
When researching something to help with my stomach issues and coming across the broccoli sprouts it also is mentions the gut-brain interactions. I guess because it kills the bad bacteria and allows the good to flourish. Most used it as a supplement to help with ADD. I didn't see mention of anxiety or depression, but if it helps with ADD it must be helping with something in the brain. My oldest son has Asperger's (a form of high functioning Autism) and sometimes struggles with attention. He has been taking the supplement as well and he says it does seem to help. Could also be that he is such a picky eater(as most on the spectrum are) that taking a supplement that is supposedly equivalent to 2 pounds of broccoli is just getting him a good dose of veggies.

Quote:
Just had to mention my experience. I lost about 18 lb counting calorie before coming to JUDDD. I have seen this time and again that whenever I felt extreme hunger I saw a drop in weight next day. On JuDDD too it happened with me, don't know the science behind it
It does seem to bring about a loss. Probably our bodies trying to get us to eat so it doesn't have to let go of those energy stores it so stubbornly holds on too.

Quote:

Phoenix- I get sick of myself too yes will power is definitely part of it, the other is having a plan of action and seeing it thru. Why are weekends so hard? Because they are the time we get to relax and unwind from a busy week, and when we relax we have lower inhibitions. So how about we only give ourselves 1 day like that, have a uuad on Saturday and treat Sunday like a week day? Or vice versa. That way you still enjoyed yourself but there's a cut off. Kinda the same idea as a cheat day. It stinks that 2 bad days cancel out 5 good ones but it does so try for 6 good days and 1 bad one
That is exactly what I do since I know ahead of time Friday and Saturday are not going to be good DD's. So however it works out I make one a mid-day and the other is my UUAD and Sunday is my recovery DD. So far it has seemed to keep the damage from the weekend low.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:48 AM   #257
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

My electrolyte drink came out gooooodd! But I had to use coconut water for potassium since I didn't have nusalt so it's got carbs. But it's a dd and I'm otherwise not eating so I can afford the carbs today. I think I didn't even get to drink half a cup cause my ds loved it and drank half of it! also made my febreeze spray and now I feel like making some more diy stuff! Yesterday was a major cooking day.
Quote:

That is exactly what I do since I know ahead of time Friday and Saturday are not going to be good DD's. So however it works out I make one a mid-day and the other is my UUAD and Sunday is my recovery DD. So far it has seemed to keep the damage from the weekend low.

I actually tell myself I am going to do this every single weekend (well- every weekend that I don't have plans/company) and it "sort of" works out this way- usually Saturday is an UUAD with wine and snacks and desserts etc. Sunday tends to end up as an UD but not UUAD. So I just need to reign that in a bit more. Like you say, I need to plan ahead. With the weather getting a bit nicer I think a good plan is for me to be out of the house at least around lunch time so I can skip one meal. I also need to put aside the wine. just for now (she tells herself sadly). after all once you open a bottle it sort of needs to be consumed over at least a few days... Ok Vlo - I agree. Saturday is my "free" day and Sunday is a controlled day.

Also Vlo - share your DIY for home made Febreze? and your electrolyte drink? I wonder if that drink would help me get thru the day on a fast... I often get a bit lightheaded and spacey mid-day if I am trying not to eat.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:35 PM   #258
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Electrolyte drink from keto diet app

Ingredients (makes ~ 6 cups):
5 cups water or herbal tea of choice (~ 1.2 l)
Ĺ cup lemon or lime juice (120 ml/ 4 fl oz)
Ĺ tsp potassium chloride or lite salt
ľ tsp salt (I like pink Himalayan) - ⅛ tsp if too salty
2 tbsp Natural Calm magnesium supplement
ľ cup powdered Erythritol or Swerve (40 g/ 1.4 oz) - I used Sukrin Icing
Optional: 20-30 drops liquid Stevia or to taste

I didn't have lite salt or potassium chloride so I subbed in coconut water for some of the water since that's high in potassium. I also only used 2 tbsp of pyure stevia and 4 squirts of skinny girl white cherry water enhancer in place of the swerve and liquid stevia and it was plenty sweet. Only put 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp lime juice.

DIY febreeze
1- Cup Distilled Water

1- Cup Witch Hazel

10- Drops Tea Tree Oil

20- Drops Lemon or Lemongrass Oil

20- Drops Lavender Oil

1- Tbsp Baking Soda

I used tea tree, lemon and orange oils cause that's what is had on hand. This stuff works , I spray my derby gear with it and it keeps it from getting stinky.

Phoenix- I do the same thing every week , say I'll have an ud Saturday and an md Sunday lol. I honestly think that's what works it's just forcing yourself to stick to it! Staying busy will help for sure! And skipping meals when you can is always a good idea! As for wine maybe just don't open any bottles at home, if you want a glass or 2 on a Saturday then go for a drink with friends, more expensive but takes the temptations of finishing the bottle away. Just some ideas!
Old 02-22-2017, 06:37 PM   #259
Babsbabs
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Babs, what exactly you want to know about weight training. I do it as well as read about it a lot so might be of little help ( hope so)
I am trying to figure out how to combine weight training and fasting. I have combined fasting and endurance training successfully for years but I am not as sure if I need to tweak things for anaerobic exercise. Reading Dr Sara Solomon right now to try to get a few ideas. If you know of anyone else combining these things that would be great. I know the Venus Factor has some fasting in it too but it is only once a week or so I think.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:55 PM   #260
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Harley27330
Stats: 300+,242,188Ju
WOE: CC/LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Dec 2012/ Jan 2017
Hi Everyone!! Just curious if Judddd also can improve sleep pattern. For most of the last 2 years while low carbing I would wake around 3:00 every morning and stay awake for the remainder of the night. This would occur no matter what time I went to sleep. I always believed this was a sleep disorder. Now I am sleeping all night and feeling really rested when I get up. The only life style change I have done is Judddd. Anyone else experience this?
Harley27330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 01:36 AM   #261
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am trying to figure out how to combine weight training and fasting. I have combined fasting and endurance training successfully for years but I am not as sure if I need to tweak things for anaerobic exercise. Reading Dr Sara Solomon right now to try to get a few ideas. If you know of anyone else combining these things that would be great. I know the Venus Factor has some fasting in it too but it is only once a week or so I think.
For safety keep your weight training on UDs. Though it gives better results if you weight training in fasted state and then have your meal. If you having 400+-500 cals on DDs then I do not see an issue with weight training on DDs. If you don't consume anything or just liquid then better avoid it. Muscles need replenishment post workout. HTH

I always do weight training in fasting and then have my regular meal. As I eat on DDs I feel fine, still I keep leg days on UDs cuz it has heavier muscles and you burn more calories in doing lower body than upper body. If you Plan to do total body then keep a gap of a day between training depending on muscle soreness. My routine Used to be divided into 3 - Upper body/Lower Body/Core or stretching like yoga.

Right now I am doing Callanectics so post 6 sessions will alternate it with weight training. Also, check your body type, whether it is Endo or Ecto or Meso.

It will help in Deciding whether you need higher repetition with lower weights or higher weights with lower repetition. As Mesomorph body type builds muscle very quickly.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:40 AM   #262
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Vlo!! for your Febreeze- does the baking soda leave any "debris" behind? like if you spray it on a sofa or clothes can you see it once it dries?

That electrolyte mix looks like it will taste like lemon or lime-ade. yum. I am going to try it if I can get all the components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley27330 View Post
Hi Everyone!! Just curious if Judddd also can improve sleep pattern. For most of the last 2 years while low carbing I would wake around 3:00 every morning and stay awake for the remainder of the night. This would occur no matter what time I went to sleep. I always believed this was a sleep disorder. Now I am sleeping all night and feeling really rested when I get up. The only life style change I have done is Judddd. Anyone else experience this?
Hi Harley- I feel that JUDDDing has helped my sleep also. I suspect (for me personally) that it is based on a few things- if I eat late in the evening and try to go to bed, it always seems to disrupt my sleep so the fasting state helps me in that respect. Also I think just losing weight has decreased my snoring/apnea so I wake up less during the night. Lastly I seem to find I am very tired at the end of the day- I am not sure if this is from calorie restriction or what but that also seems to help with falling asleep faster and staying asleep. I know a few others on here would disagree with their unfortunate chronic sleep issues but mine have definitely improved as well.

So I saw a decent drop (1.2) on the scale today which improved my frustration levels a bit and I woke up HUNGRY so I am hoping this means that I will see another drop tomorrow (following the posts from Raishalini, ShrinkingWoman and Vlo with that hungry whoosh!!) Assuming of course I can stick to the diet. but I really really would like to get as close as possible to my mini Feb goal and break me out of this endless 6 lb bounce I seem stuck in for months. Even if I don't reach it, I will hope to see a new low in early March. Anyway- the point is the motivation is there. I also thought last night that I was tired of being bored and maybe it was time to actually start that on-line dating I have been talking about since last year, and if I see a lower number on the scale it will just help a bit with the confidence level.
Today is the work chili contest and potluck lunch so I will need to pull out the willpower to stick to the diet but I think I'll be ok. I am going to let myself have a little taste of the things I really want (including my competitors chili of course) but just a taste and then have a very light dinner. In fact my plan is to stop at the store salad bar (which admittedly skeeves me out a little... but I can get over that) and get a huge salad while I'm picking up more Halo Top. BTW I also give 2 thumbs up to the salted caramel flavor!! I think the Halo Top is actually helping me -I know sounds lame but because it is low in calorie, high in protein and makes me feel like I'm "cheating" a little, I can have 1 (or even 2!) servings and satisfy that need for sweet!

Oh- also good suggestion Vlo on going out for a glass or two of wine instead of opening a bottle!! This weekend I am planning to be very good. In fact I am going to try to keep my Saturday to a more reasonable UD instead of a UUAD, and Sunday to what would be essentially a MD. after all the end of the month is Tuesday.. I am not hopeful to drop 3 lbs in 6 days with my track record but if I behave I think 2 is do-able.... (and maybe 3 if I do low carb! hmm....)
Old 02-23-2017, 09:30 AM   #263
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

So I saw a decent drop (1.2) on the scale today which improved my frustration levels a bit and I woke up HUNGRY so I am hoping this means that I will see another drop tomorrow (following the posts from Raishalini, ShrinkingWoman and Vlo with that hungry whoosh!!) Assuming of course I can stick to the diet. but I really really would like to get as close as possible to my mini Feb goal and break me out of this endless 6 lb bounce I seem stuck in for months.
Wish you very best with Chilli contest..I'm sure you will win it and keeping my fingers crossed for your woosh
Old 02-23-2017, 09:50 AM   #264
Babsbabs
Major LCF Poster!

Shalini- Thanks for the weight training advice. I am going to start experimenting with some of these ideas this week and see how it goes. I agree that keeping leg day on an UD would be good as that always is the most difficult for recovery for me. I think with my running this is going to take me a while to sort out.

Vlo- have you ever tried the ketogenic Tao's Chicken recipe? The breading is made with ground up pork rinds and almond flour. Had it the other day with rices cauliflower with bacon and scrambled eggs. It was so good!

I am pretty excited that Sara Solomons program is JUDDD with exercise! She was a fitness competitor who was gaining weight on the standard 6 meals a day weight training diet. It sounds like she then found Dr Johnson's book and started doing JUDDD while still keeping her macronutrients on UD (or "feast day" as she calls it). She does her weight training fasted on DD with BCAA's as she does a short workout 6 days a week. I think that interferes with autography but it would keep my calories low.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:17 AM   #265
imoksoami
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: imoksoami
Stats: 264/225/209
WOE: LC, OMAD, JUDDD
Start Date: 10-15-2016
Phoenix17
I saw this somewhere and copied it. Even whiskey with Diet coke sets me back 2-3 days... :-(

"Drinking alcohol can result in water retention that increases the bodyís weight for two or three days but it can also prevent the body from maintaining a healthy blood glucose level and it may also reduce the bodyís ability to burn fat.

One study revealed that the bodyís ability to burn fat decreased by up to 73% for a few hours after a couple of drinks and that the reduction in fat burning ability was still noticeable for up to four days.

Drinking can also make you feel hungry because of the effect it has on your blood sugar levels and it can also weaken your resolve so that you find yourself eating whatever is within reach.

These factors can mean that the increase in weight can often be disproportionate to the size of the lapse and can be very disheartening even resulting a total lapse from the diet and a return to old eating and drinking habits."

10-15-2016 264 / 11-01-2016 249 / 11-15-2016 248 / 12-01-2016 240 / 1-1-2017 239 / 2-1-2017 232 / 3-1-2017 224

6-10-2017 210 < Goal
imoksoami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:49 AM   #266
ShrinkingWoman
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley27330 View Post
Judd has also help me with sleep. I always had a hard time falling asleep. Have to lay in bed reading or something for an hour or some nights several. I just could not seem to get my brain to shut down. I have noticed this last month that I fall asleep almost as soon as I lay down, and I sleep solid through the night and wake up like I slept well. Judd really does seem to do some healing in the body besides just losing weight. Youth gene kicked on? I hope that is what it is.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:37 AM   #267
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imoksoami View Post
Phoenix17
I saw this somewhere and copied it. Even whiskey with Diet coke sets me back 2-3 days... :-(

"Drinking alcohol can result in water retention that increases the bodyís weight for two or three days but it can also prevent the body from maintaining a healthy blood glucose level and it may also reduce the bodyís ability to burn fat.

One study revealed that the bodyís ability to burn fat decreased by up to 73% for a few hours after a couple of drinks and that the reduction in fat burning ability was still noticeable for up to four days.

Drinking can also make you feel hungry because of the effect it has on your blood sugar levels and it can also weaken your resolve so that you find yourself eating whatever is within reach.

These factors can mean that the increase in weight can often be disproportionate to the size of the lapse and can be very disheartening even resulting a total lapse from the diet and a return to old eating and drinking habits."
<----------- pretty much says it all. Thanks Jim! I will not be consuming any alcohol for the next 6 days at least. At least this is my intention...

Shalini- Thanks! I placed 2nd in the competition although to be fair so did 2 others. Only one winner and I think it was fixed!! she was sitting at a table with exactly the amount of votes that gave her the win. Coincidence? hmm. But it was a lot of fun.

I also was very good at this potluck lunch too. I took one small spoonful of 9 entries, went back for 2nds on one (not mine!), and ate some celery and 1/4 of a cookie so I am going to estimate that at 400 calories. I figure the total amount of chili consumed was equivalent to a small bowl. If anyone thinks I'm off on that estimate, by all means let me know.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:48 AM   #268
raishalini
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
<----------- pretty much says it all. Thanks Jim! I will not be consuming any alcohol for the next 6 days at least. At least this is my intention...

Shalini- Thanks! I placed 2nd in the competition although to be fair so did 2 others. Only one winner and I think it was fixed!! she was sitting at a table with exactly the amount of votes that gave her the win. Coincidence? hmm. But it was a lot of fun.
Glad you enjoyed
Old 02-23-2017, 12:30 PM   #269
Babsbabs
Major LCF Poster!

Jim- thanks for the reminder on how much alcohol can set us back. I need to remember this on the weekends!

Pheoonix17- congrats on getting second in the chili cooking competition. I can imagine that the judges were not an unbiased group.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:59 PM   #270
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Harley27330
Stats: 300+,242,188Ju
WOE: CC/LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Dec 2012/ Jan 2017
Quote:
Thanks Vlo!! for your Febreeze- does the baking soda leave any "debris" behind? like if you spray it on a sofa or clothes can you see it once it dries?

That electrolyte mix looks like it will taste like lemon or lime-ade. yum. I am going to try it if I can get all the components.

Hi Harley- I feel that JUDDDing has helped my sleep also. I suspect (for me personally) that it is based on a few things- if I eat late in the evening and try to go to bed, it always seems to disrupt my sleep so the fasting state helps me in that respect. Also I think just losing weight has decreased my snoring/apnea so I wake up less during the night. Lastly I seem to find I am very tired at the end of the day- I am not sure if this is from calorie restriction or what but that also seems to help with falling asleep faster and staying asleep. I know a few others on here would disagree with their unfortunate chronic sleep issues but mine have definitely improved as well.

So I saw a decent drop (1.2) on the scale today which improved my frustration levels a bit and I woke up HUNGRY so I am hoping this means that I will see another drop tomorrow (following the posts from Raishalini, ShrinkingWoman and Vlo with that hungry whoosh!!) Assuming of course I can stick to the diet. but I really really would like to get as close as possible to my mini Feb goal and break me out of this endless 6 lb bounce I seem stuck in for months. Even if I don't reach it, I will hope to see a new low in early March. Anyway- the point is the motivation is there. I also thought last night that I was tired of being bored and maybe it was time to actually start that on-line dating I have been talking about since last year, and if I see a lower number on the scale it will just help a bit with the confidence level.
Today is the work chili contest and potluck lunch so I will need to pull out the willpower to stick to the diet but I think I'll be ok. I am going to let myself have a little taste of the things I really want (including my competitors chili of course) but just a taste and then have a very light dinner. In fact my plan is to stop at the store salad bar (which admittedly skeeves me out a little... but I can get over that) and get a huge salad while I'm picking up more Halo Top. BTW I also give 2 thumbs up to the salted caramel flavor!! I think the Halo Top is actually helping me -I know sounds lame but because it is low in calorie, high in protein and makes me feel like I'm "cheating" a little, I can have 1 (or even 2!) servings and satisfy that need for sweet!

Oh- also good suggestion Vlo on going out for a glass or two of wine instead of opening a bottle!! This weekend I am planning to be very good. In fact I am going to try to keep my Saturday to a more reasonable UD instead of a UUAD, and Sunday to what would be essentially a MD. after all the end of the month is Tuesday.. I am not hopeful to drop 3 lbs in 6 days with my track record but if I behave I think 2 is do-able.... (and maybe 3 if I do low carb! hmm....)
Thanks for the reply and glad to hear it has helped your sleep also and good luck on the chili contest. Hoping the 6lb bounce is not catching...lol...I gained exactly 6 lbs on my beach trip. I contributed the gain to drinking several beers and when I made the beer run I ran into a old girlfriend Little Debbie she sure makes some good swiss rolls. I am happy to report that as of this morning I have lost 7 lbs since our beach trip
Harley27330 is offline   Reply With Quote