Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-16-2017, 03:40 AM   #271
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/113/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
phoenix17 - useful guide for your mother? The details will be different but she might find it helpful. In addition, I'd stress that, as I mentioned above, she needs to be careful as she's injured her foot and hand - she might have additional drives to be cautious is she's older, known to be osteoporotic, or taking blood thinners.

https://www.headway.org.uk/media/399...-e-booklet.pdf
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2017, 06:19 AM   #272
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/200/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Just call me Alice, cuz I am in ONEDERLAND!! 199.5 this morning! Thank you, JUDDD!

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:12 AM   #273
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Just call me Alice, cuz I am in ONEDERLAND!! 199.5 this morning! Thank you, JUDDD!
You've crossed the border and put that in your rearview mirror.

and KUTGW!
Old 03-16-2017, 07:16 AM   #274
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/175/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Quote:

Old 03-16-2017, 07:40 AM   #275
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by imoksoami View Post
Me on a good day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
Ah. My dog’s a cockapoo. That’s why they look so similar. He’s on the big side for a cockapoo, so might not be much different in size from yours.
Actually I have wondered if he is part cockapoo because I know the breeder cross-breeds with another breeder (for a healthy gene pool, one of the reasons I went with her) and the other breeder also does cockapoo's. It doesn't really matter to me, I Just wanted a non-shedding dog but now that I have one, having to keep him groomed is just as much work as picking up hair!! I do love cockapoo's - you should post a picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
You don't need loss of consciousness to develop a concussion (a word that should be replaced with degrees of brain injury but it hasn't caught on as yet). Particularly in older people and especially in those who might be taking blood-thinners (who bear close watching).

In the UK, if you've had a head injury in the course of an accident elsewhere (e.g., the ankle/foot) it's unlikely you'd be prescribed an opiate purely because it can mask head injury symptoms (in addition to other contraindications).

I hope that your mother recovers in the typical timescale. And is back to acts of defiance such as continuing to walk down steps

That said, if your mother injured her foot and hand then she might need some additional assistance (even if she doesn't think she does) in order to avoid picking up additional sets of injuries. *voice of experience*
Thanks Slow and for the link as well. Knowing my Mom she probably didn't tell the doctor she hit her head when she fell. I am surprised though that she took the meds because she really reacts poorly to them. They gave her percocet after her hip replacement surgery and she was hallucinating and went a little crazy for a couple of days! Not joking! We (including the docs) were afraid she had a stroke! I understand being independent (definitely got that from her) but I don't know why she is so resistant to getting help. I pay for her snow removal for her driveway and told her I'd pay extra for the guy to shovel her stairs but she won't wait. Anyway- I could go on about her stubborness. I have three siblings that live near her so I hope they will check on her often.

Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!

I am feeling a bit celebratory myself today. I finally broke through those pesky 180s to 179.4 today! and now I have those 4 days of social engagements coming up and I am going to have to find a way to manage them carefully because I really really don't want to un-do this goal after waiting for so long! So I think today and tomorrow will be kind of Mid-Days (or actually back to my 8wbsd plan of 800 cal limit and mediterranean style eating), Saturday will be an UD, Sunday I will try to keep to a MD/800 and Monday the same but that is a going away party at a restaurant so I suspect it will end up as more of an UD. but thats ok. As long as i can control Friday and Sunday I think it will all even out.

I think I have to reluctantly acknowledge that all this extra work with the snow is probably what helped me with the loss. The snowshoes are a pretty good work out, even on a broken trail - there is a hill that no one has broken trail on yet so I think maybe Saturday that will be the goal. it will be a lot of work but nice to burn the calories before dinner and wine with my visiting friend! I also still need to pull snow from the roof so that will be my upper body work out. I still want it to melt fast but I suppose if it is here I should use it to my advantage, right?
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:18 AM   #276
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post

Actually I have wondered if he is part cockapoo because I know the breeder cross-breeds with another breeder (for a healthy gene pool, one of the reasons I went with her) and the other breeder also does cockapoo's. It doesn't really matter to me, I Just wanted a non-shedding dog but now that I have one, having to keep him groomed is just as much work as picking up hair!! I do love cockapoo's - you should post a picture!
Here he is (as you say, grooming is never-ending):
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:24 AM   #277
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
Here he is (as you say, grooming is never-ending):
Oh he is a little love!!! How often do you bring him for grooming or do you do it yourself? My boy gets terrible matted fur, especially in his front paws, and he is HIGHLY resistant to me doing anything to get them out. I recently bought a grooming kit hoping it will help me to keep up but I am not overly hopeful...
Old 03-16-2017, 08:41 AM   #278
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post

The wonderful Carly just wrote somewhere that we should give any system four weeks to see if it works or not. And she ought to know. Carly's caloric budget in maintenance is what I'd call extremely militant. We watch her tinker and express her justified frustration now and then, but we never see her flinch.

For me militant means a way of eating that leaves you hungry. Hunger is undesirable, as we know. I hope Carly is not hungry, just constrained (and saving a fortune on food bills). I don't know how I will deal with it if I reach my goal range and discover that I can't maintain it without being hungry for significant periods of time. I know I will try anything and everything to avoid being consistently and unpleasantly hungry (and I don't know anyone who would disagree).
80% of the time I'm not hungry, but there are days when I'm really hungry waiting for dinner to roll around. Sometimes I have a snack around 6pm, but really try not too and when I have a string of hungry evenings I start to feel diet fatigue. That really worries me, but it usually passes pretty soon.

Quote:

Quote:
:

I am feeling a bit celebratory myself today. I finally broke through those pesky 180s to 179.4 today!

Slow- that head injury sounds just dreadful- it seems like it keeps punishing you
__________________________________________________ _______

I'm feeling thinner and my rings are almost unwearable. Very odd that the scale is not registering the lower number that seems apparent based on other measures.

Onward we go.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:59 AM   #279
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations Phoenix! He's hoping we keep our losses!!

Thanks everyone! I would not have done it without all the encouragement and great information on this forum!!

Dr Jason Fung
Old 03-16-2017, 10:10 AM   #280
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Quote:
Oh he is a little love!!! How often do you bring him for grooming or do you do it yourself? My boy gets terrible matted fur, especially in his front paws, and he is HIGHLY resistant to me doing anything to get them out. I recently bought a grooming kit hoping it will help me to keep up but I am not overly hopeful...
We do the grooming ourselves. I chop off some of the fur around his eyes, paws and bottom, and fight the matts in the rest. It’s not too bad on his body, but he doesn’t like having his paws done either, especially the front ones, so I tend to cut out any matts that form there, or on his tummy. It doesn’t show, so there’s no point in worrying too much about combing them out.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:46 AM   #281
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Yay!

I'm back from my travels....still catching up.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:01 AM   #282
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Sistah phoe!!!! Woot!!!! Zoot alors and otherwise Yayyyyyy!!!!!!

Old 03-16-2017, 11:23 AM   #283
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Portia (sistah-Po?) and Carol! Now I just have to try to stay here... we can do it!

and since I met this mini-goal it also means I will sign up for on-line dating (yeah I know I've been saying this for MONTHS now but ugh! )

welcome back Seabreezes! how were your travels?

My siblings are texting me at work telling me Mom is having trouble breathing now. she obviously took more of a tumble than she thought or told us. They are sending her in for imaging and fortunately one of my sisters can stay overnight with her. I wish we could afford to get her set up in one of those older communities where there are people around to help out and keep an eye on the residents for times like this. They tend to be crazy expensive though - I understand why of course but that doesn't help us to afford it. I think I'm going to set myself up in one of those places by the time I hit 70 (assuming of course I will make it that far!). Definitely have to plan ahead for that kind of expense....
Old 03-16-2017, 11:42 AM   #284
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: >
Start Date: April1 2013
Drum Roll for Carol,Great job On looseing.
And another Drum Roll goes out to all you others that have just Joined Juddd and the same for all you that been on Juddd longer.
Great job.
Janet
Ps. I broke my holding *5 days of *122>Now *120
*Today is DD and O cals.
I hope to see *118 soon. and then I will give myself a Drum roll.
and just keep going to hit 110lbs.
It helps to post and have others surport.Thank You.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:57 AM   #285
Carly

I have my very first Mammogram tonight after work... I must say that it sounds very unpleasant. Just the thought of it hurts. However, since losing 75 pounds they are much flatter then they once were, so... I guess it could have been worse

DW says it's not so bad and I have absolutely no idea how they flatten her girls Seems inconceivable to me. Mine should be able to be flattened comparatively easily

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:09 PM   #286
Nanu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nanu
Stats: 195.8/193.6/149, 5'8", 61 years old
WOE: LC & JUDD
Start Date: 2/1/16
Carly:
The advice I can give (as someone who has had many mamos)....don't look! That really seems to be the one thing that helps. It is still going to be uncomfortable, but if you look and see how "flattened" you are in that plexiglas vice...ouch!
Old 03-16-2017, 12:23 PM   #287
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanu View Post
Carly:
The advice I can give (as someone who has had many mamos)....don't look! That really seems to be the one thing that helps. It is still going to be uncomfortable, but if you look and see how "flattened" you are in that plexiglas vice...ouch!
Good to know!

Old 03-16-2017, 01:12 PM   #288
kwerp
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kwerp
Stats: 153/132/124
I had one at age 34, which looking back I think was just the clinic making money off of me via insurance. My breasts were far too firm for that. I agree with Nanu - you don't need to see it, look away and just count to 20 or something. It's uncomfortable, but tolerable.

I think the worst pain I've had in that regard was a biopsy done in the UK - when they were numbing my breast, they used far more fluid (weaker drug?) than in the US (yep had a biopsy there too), and it stung throughout my breast to the nipple. I was crying, with a very unsympathetic doctor next to me. The mammogram there were no tears.
kwerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:37 PM   #289
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy&Healthy
Stats: Too much/better/best
WOE: JUDDD/4:3/Fung
Start Date: November 2016
Carol! ONEDERLAND!!!! WOOHOOO

Phoenix: New decade

How fantastic for both of you! I am thrilled . Be proud of what you have accomplished!!

Kind: Yay!!

Carol, your pup is adorable! Mine are both shorter haired (Labs) but I always wanted a fluffy dog.

Carly: good advice on the don't look...and, my two cents, take an Advil or Aleve after so that the girls don't get too sore after all the squishing.

Seabreezes: welcome back!

I am still down for the count with this sickness but I think I have finally turned the corner. I went to work today and came home an hour early. A good night's sleep and some rest tomorrow should have me back on track. Funny how some colds make you so hungry and others not at all. This one, thankfully, was a "not hungry" one, so I have dropped about 3 pounds since last week. Silver lining .

Many many congrats to the "big losers"! It really made my day to see everyone's success.
Happy&Healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:07 PM   #290
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Thanks for the welcome back. Antartica is an amazing place. We had calm seas and blue skies. It couldn't have been more perfect. We also cruised through the fjords of Chile. They were spectacular, too. Lots of penguins, seals, whales and birds to keep us all entranced.

We were able to get off on The Falklands this trip. Weather was perfect unlike the pouring rain we experienced before. Had a nice walk to a penguin colony. They are such fun to watch. Lots of dolphins in the water there, too.

Our travel agent, who was onboard, treated her clients to a lovely lunch in Montevideo at a winery. Great South American food - read hunks of meat barbequed - and great wine. We had 6 tango dancers and 2 singers entertain us before and during lunch.

Had a great day in Buenos Aires before flying back to California. Such an interesting city. It was absolutely gorgeous at one point. Now, like most of South America it is run down, but so much history. The people are lovely.

Ate a bit too much and drank too much Champagne so am up a few pounds. They seem to be coming off daily, though. It's easier to do a shorter window of eating than count calories at the moment. We are still not home, home (Hawaii) so do not control all of the cooking.

Nice to see some new faces to JUDDD and great to see all of the familiar faces.

Is anyone cooking corned beef for tomorrow? Hubby loves it.

As always....hugs for all
Old 03-16-2017, 06:08 PM   #291
erinisme
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: erinisme
Stats: 180/170/140
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 12/12/2012
Congrats on all the successes!!
Bluebell, I think I started the day before you!
Carly, I didn't find my mammogram anything but uncomfortable, but I breast fed two kids for 20 months or so each so I say they could just hold mine up to a lightbulb.

Feeling soo impatient! I never bounced back down to my lowest weight from last week. maybe tomorrow will see it again. so Frustrated!!
I definitely have more luck on UD if I don't eat the first half of the day. Going to a Fish Fry tomorrow at the Kid's school ( catholic of course, we're not, so this is our first catholic fish fry.) Sounds like it might get a little raucous! kids aren't allowed after 7!
Also got invited to a St Pat's thing at the local "Irish Pub". I work for a man who is a corporate sponsor at the hottest St P's spot in town. I never get invited to this type of stuff so I wanna go just to feel "fancy" LOL. Just need a baby sitter!
It was actually a really easy DD as far as hunger but the bored eater in me wanted something, or I probably could have hit a really low DD. as it stands its just at 500.
Last time I did this WOE I was exercising 5 times a week or so, so I imagine that is going to make a huge difference. maybe will be the kick in the heinie I need to get back to it.
Happy St Patricks from your official "erin"!!
erinisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:25 AM   #292
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
Hi everyone - happy Friday.

I had an UD full of indulgences yesterday - fancy French pastries for work, and then went out to Chili's for a work event (2 cocktails, ate from several appetizers that we ordered to share). I am honestly not sure how many calories - maybe 2,000-2,500? All I know is that as soon as I got up, I felt really hungry!

I am going to fill my DD today with errands.
Old 03-17-2017, 07:26 AM   #293
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Seabreezes - it sounds idyllic! You'll soon be where you want to be.

Ailuros, phoenix17 The dog photographs are adorable.

erinisme - I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your St Patrick celebration.

Carly - I hope the mammogram experience was OK for you.

Happy&Healthy - I trust that you really are well established on the path to recovery from this bug.
Old 03-17-2017, 07:26 AM   #294
Dottie
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: ADF mostly Paleo
Did you see that Dr Mosley relaxed his 500 calories rule to 800 a few days ago?
Here's the article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-calories-day/

Quote:
Now the diet’s creator, Dr Michael Mosley, has loosened the rules. But he insists his new version of the “Fast Diet” - which increases the limit to 800 calories on fasting days, is just as effective.

“You don't need to stick to 600 calories. Cutting down to 800 calories a day seems to be almost as effective and for some people much more ‘doable’.”

“It's low calorie, without being superlow-calorie. And if you want to have lunch, you can slip those extra 200 calories in there.”

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Be sure to visit Netrition on Facebook for the latest products and deals!
https://www.facebook.com/Netritioncom-210889832433/

**Every day is up to you. You can choose for it to be a good day or a bad day.**
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:27 AM   #295
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
My siblings are texting me at work telling me Mom is having trouble breathing now. she obviously took more of a tumble than she thought or told us.
Please let us know how your mother is - this sounds very concerning for you all.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:04 AM   #296
Carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Did you see that Dr Mosley relaxed his 500 calories rule to 800 a few days ago?
Here's the article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-calories-day/
This is quite surprising to me. I did not read the article, but did he say 800 was effective for weight loss or to get the benefits of fasting? For this small, female, 40 year old, I certainly would not lose with 2 DDs at 800 and I'm sure I would gain!!!!! Especially if eating at the number most standard calculators would give me for "maintenance".

In my personal experience I get the benefits of fasting when my DDs are kept as low as possible. I know I do best with feeling the fasting benefits with DDs around 150-200, but these days they are more like 300-400.

If I have time I'll read the article.

Welcome back Seabreezes!!! You trip sounds AMAZING!

__________________________________________________ ____

The mammogram was fine. A bit uncomfortable, but if I had to say which I preferred- I'd pick a mammogram over a pap spear, so I can handle that once a year.

I woke up to TOM this morning, so in hind sight the mammo might have been more uncomfortable then at another time. Of course with me, the window between TOMs is not large

Erin- I think losing 75 pounds had the same effect as breast feeding 2 children had- I do believe a light bulb might have worked

I just turned around and looked out the window. It looks sunny (although my window looks into an alleyway and I'm on the 9th floor of a 20 floor building with taller buildings across the alley) so maybe my lunch time walk will not be a cold as the last couple days were.

Last edited by Carly; 03-17-2017 at 08:05 AM..
Old 03-17-2017, 08:04 AM   #297
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Seabreezes- WOW I want to go on that trip!!!! Seriously it sounds amazing! I want to go! Was this a tour through a company?

Carly- I hope the appt went well! Mammo's are uncomfortable but I don't think they should be painful-I have been lucky to get good technicians and they have to do the extra special mammo on me (a few different angles I guess? IDK maybe they lied).

Kwerp- yikes that biopsy sounds AWFUL! I hope you complained

H&H - yay for the 3 lbs down but I hope you are feeling better- thats not an easy way to lose!

Erin- Happy St. Pats back to you!! My mom was born in Ireland and most of my family is there so this holiday is always fun for me too. I hope you have LOTS of fun at that party!

Bluebelle- my stomach literally growled when I read "fancy French pastries" - pastry is definitely one of my major weaknesses. I seem to have a few of those LOL.

Hey Vlo- where are you?? have you been on at all this week??

Dottie- interestingly I have been doing the 8WBSD (well, sort of... I am not strictly Med style eating) lately so 800 cal M-F then having two UDs on the weekends and I have to say, I find it really do-able. Well.. do-able when I'm at work and when I have no social engagements. I have been losing steadily - just have to watch that I don't un-do it all on the weekends! When I have told other people about this they think its impossible but they have not done 300 calorie DDs . I feel like I'm eating a fair amount!

Slow- thanks for asking about Mom. It seems a bit of a mystery what is going on with her. They did scans yesterday and her head seems OK (well, nothing on the scan anyway - I am not fully knowledgeable in this but that really just means no Big damage I think...) Her lungs were clear -although they refuse to do an x-ray - and they are saying she is dehydrated, elevated white blood cell counts and now they are asking for a urine specimen to check kidney function so its all a little weird resulting from a slip and fall. She is still dizzy and nauseated and having trouble breathing. I am wondering if some of this is giving her a little bit of a panic attack. This started the kids in a conversation on how to get Mom taken care of but she refuses to even consider a retirement community. I don't know why, they look pretty cool to me and in fact it is part of my long term retirement plan to find one for myself!! I suggested a condo so she is at least surrounded by people and doesn't have to take care of the grounds but she doesn't want to do that either. DEFINITELY stubborn. In fact when I suggested the retirement community my sister took a picture of her flipping me off with a scowl on her face. It was actually funny but that just shows the level of her refusal. So the diagnosis is on-going and now we kids are on a mission to find Mom a some sort of living arrangement where someone else does this outside work for her etc.

I had another new low on the scale today so I'm feeling pretty happy today. I did my 800 cal yesterday and my plan is to stick with that today as well but part of those 800 cal will be in cocktails at happy hour (St. Pats day after all!!) 2 vodka with club soda should be only about 300 cal (they don't pour them strong at these places) so with 100 calories at lunch that still leave a decent 400 calorie dinner tonight. That is my plan anyway! I'm hopeful my friend will come to visit this weekend and if that is the case I am planning a very nice indulgent dinner (red wine braised shortribs over noodles or zoodles with Irish Soda bread and butter, and at least one bottle of an excellent red wine and most certainly followed by some form of dessert) . I'll also cook a nice breakfast (maybe french toast) before she gets on the road. in other words, the weekend will definitely be UP days.

Happy St. Patricks Day everyone!
Old 03-17-2017, 08:19 AM   #298
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Slow- thanks for asking about Mom. It seems a bit of a mystery what is going on with her. They did scans yesterday and her head seems OK (well, nothing on the scan anyway - I am not fully knowledgeable in this but that really just means no Big damage I think...) Her lungs were clear -although they refuse to do an x-ray - and they are saying she is dehydrated, elevated white blood cell counts and now they are asking for a urine specimen to check kidney function so its all a little weird resulting from a slip and fall. She is still dizzy and nauseated and having trouble breathing.
Meh - it's not unusual for there to be metabolic perturbation after a head/neck injury* it's just that it's not typically in the pathway as something to be checked for a while.

I hope your mother responds to rehydration and rest. If she has difficulty with respiration, she'll be limited as to appropriate pain relief (if she needs it).

I know, I should talk - but... If she's unsteady with her foot and slightly clumsy with her hand, whether she wants it or not, she needs assistance in order not to acquire another injury or knock. Particularly with the dizziness and nausea (I still haven't cleared mine because I re-injured and they are very inconvenient and annoying and don't help my balance or proprioception).

*I don't want to belabour this because I don't know what your mother did in her fall. However, for older people, a fall is counted as high impact at a lower level than for younger people (spinal stability). It's usually calculated that a whiplash brain injury takes about 60G impact acceleration for the head; however, it's only a force of 10G for the neck and even contusion at the cervical vertebrae can contribute to concussion-like symptoms.

Last edited by SlowSure; 03-17-2017 at 08:23 AM..
Old 03-17-2017, 09:24 AM   #299
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Today is another DD. Yesterday I felt as if I really binged, even though I know I didn't. It just felt that way after having less than 500 cals the day before. It will take some time for me to get used to that. I know I will tend to want to stay very low calorie on UP days, and I know that's not how this plan works. I think it will take seeing my weight continue to go down to make me realize that I'm doing this correctly.

Hi Seabreezes! Your trip sounds fabulous! Sounds like you really had a great time.

I have never made/had corned beef and cabbage. I bought a small corned beef brisket to make it but won't be making it today. Probably over the weekend, and I doubt if DH will try it. LOL He's just too picky.

SlowSure, it sure is scary hearing all this about falls, and the problems they cause. Falling is one of my biggest fears, especially falling down the cellar steps. I hang on for dear life. I hope you continue to improve, and Phoenix's mother, too.

Carly, I think it's so unfair that when we lose to goal, we are "rewarded" by having to cut our calories back so much!

Dottie, I have bookmarked that Dr Mosley article to go back and read later. After reading Dr Johnson's book, I understand that the calories on DD must stay below 500 in order to reap the benefits beyond weight loss. Although I want to lose weight, I want to do this for the improvement in inflammation, and the health improvements that come with it. To me, that makes it very important to have the big difference between DD and UD calories. I got the impression that Dr Mosley's plan if geared more toward weight loss than improving health benefits. I could be wrong, as I really haven't read him much.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 03-17-2017, 11:16 AM   #300
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

So happy for you, Sistah phoe! Loved seeing that new low today. Yaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!

Hope your mom continues to recover okay.