Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-17-2017, 11:41 AM   #301
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: >
Start Date: April1 2013
Hi, Every one.
Dd was yesterday calaries> O
Got on scale and sure thought I would be 118
But No *120 {Like I was on the other Dd{O cals.
Sure Hope I'm not holding like I did for 5 days.
Maybe should weigh every other DD
My Ud are good at1,200-1,270
No bad carbs, Go0d fat{limit and I measure and So I know that isn't what is slowing me down.
Plus I exersice also.Even on DD
But have not that much m0re to loose to get to g0al 110
You w0uld think I would stay with loseing 1-2lbs after a 0 Dds and good Ud cals. Why slow down?
Maybe body Getting used to 0 cals DD.
Or just keep doing what I have been and see what April 1st. brings.
I sure would Love to see on April 1st> 115
Janet
kind is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2017, 11:46 AM   #302
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Phoenix - our trip was a cruise from Lima, Peru to Buenos Aires via Antartica. We have a favorite ship we spend a lot of time on with many friends among crew and passengers. It was delightful, especially since we had perfect weather.

I'm down 2 more pounds, but still have a way to go.

The corned beef will have to wait until next week - a busy weekend with family here. Hubby and I both turn 75 before the end of the month. The first gathering is with his brother Saturday.

Happy St. Pat's Day🍀🍀
Old 03-17-2017, 12:38 PM   #303
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Meh - it's not unusual for there to be metabolic perturbation after a head/neck injury* it's just that it's not typically in the pathway as something to be checked for a while.

I hope your mother responds to rehydration and rest. If she has difficulty with respiration, she'll be limited as to appropriate pain relief (if she needs it).

I know, I should talk - but... If she's unsteady with her foot and slightly clumsy with her hand, whether she wants it or not, she needs assistance in order not to acquire another injury or knock. Particularly with the dizziness and nausea (I still haven't cleared mine because I re-injured and they are very inconvenient and annoying and don't help my balance or proprioception).

*I don't want to belabour this because I don't know what your mother did in her fall. However, for older people, a fall is counted as high impact at a lower level than for younger people (spinal stability). It's usually calculated that a whiplash brain injury takes about 60G impact acceleration for the head; however, it's only a force of 10G for the neck and even contusion at the cervical vertebrae can contribute to concussion-like symptoms.
Mom has a tendency to downplay anything to do with her health and well-being so unfortunately for us we really don't know if she is being truthful about her fall. She says her head was "cushioned" by the snow but she heard it thunk- her hand hurt bad enough that she wasn't thinking of head pain. Apparently when she went in for the torn ligaments in her hand she didn't even tell the doc she hit her head!! I do think she has some balance issues though, she had a hip replacement not too long ago and now she is favoring the other one which changes her gait. We'll all keep harassing her to stay hydrated and in the meantime just try to figure out a long term plan that she can agree to. I highly suspect it will either be that someone moves in with her (or she with us) or we talk her in to a condo, which quite frankly can only happen if I put up a significant portion of the cost myself. (I'm the only one in the family who can do that so it will all be on me)

Portia- THANKS chickie! and back at ya since you are kicking butt!

Janet - hang in there with the rotations! the scale never seems to really catch up to what is going on otherwise. You'll get there - you are doing very well!

Seabreezes thanks for the info. I've had cruises on the brain lately and that sounds like one I would want to consider! You had me at penguins and dolphins .

it turns out the friend I was supposed to do happy hour with had to cancel - so now we are even I had been putting off HH with her the last couple of weeks to stick to the diet so I sort of felt I HAD to go today. Of course don't get me wrong, I would love to go all the time but you have all heard me whine about alcohol and no weight loss. Anyhoo, being St. Pats Day there is another group going and I am currently fighting with myself on whether to go or not. I've been so happy and relieved to finally see some progress that I don't really want to ruin it. And I suspect some of you might be thinking "can't you go and just have diet soda or water?" and the answer to that is Nope. I don't have that kind of willpower! OK I think maybe I should refrain - this is why I type things out here, it helps me to figure it out!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:02 PM   #304
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
DD today - stayed under 500 cals. Pack of crackers (130) at noon and then my usual ramen soup with veggies/chicken breast (350) that I eat every DD lol.

Today I went grocery shopping on a DD for the first time -- a little distracting, a little masochistic lol. I took DS to get his measles shot, and then for compensatory ice cream (more masochism! But nice to feel in control). Then long walk home together -- very good because since I started JUDDDing my urge to exercise went from nothing to extra nothing!
Old 03-17-2017, 05:16 PM   #305
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
DD today - stayed under 500 cals. Pack of crackers (130) at noon and then my usual ramen soup with veggies/chicken breast (350) that I eat every DD lol.

Today I went grocery shopping on a DD for the first time -- a little distracting, a little masochistic lol. I took DS to get his measles shot, and then for compensatory ice cream (more masochism! But nice to feel in control). Then long walk home together -- very good because since I started JUDDDing my urge to exercise went from nothing to extra nothing!
I prefer to grocery shop on DD, because then I don't buy snacks or goodies, that I feel more tempted to buy on UD. Every now and then I buy something for an upcoming UD with strict orders to DW about locking it in her pantry before she goes to bed (sleepwalking monster lurks at night).

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:35 PM   #306
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy&Healthy
Stats: Too much/better/best
WOE: JUDDD/4:3/Fung
Start Date: November 2016
Phoenix: I so hear you on the temptation thing. The best advice I ever got was "know yourself" and I know that I just can't be around things that I want without partaking, so I keep out of dangerous situations...unless I'm feeling dangerous. I know your struggle! I'm also sorry to hear your mom is having difficulties, I'm glad she got checked out and I also hope that she recovers quickly.

Bluebelle: good for you in avoiding temptation today. It can be hard when daily life gets crossed with the weight-loss effort, you conquered it today, total victory!

Slow: I hope your recovery is going well.

Carly: glad that your mammogram wasn't so bad.

I think I made the right call in staying home from work today and resting, I definitely feel much better and will hopefully be back to mostly normal by Monday. I had a DD today and stuck to it though it was difficult. I think that the hunger pangs are a definite sign of healing! I'm happy that, all told, I am down 5 pounds. We shall see what the return to "normal" eating brings. I'll be thrilled if I can keep a few of those pounds off permanently. I hope everyone is gearing up for a great weekend!
Happy&Healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 07:00 AM   #307
Carly

Hi all!!! Happy Saturday.

Right now TOM is kicking my butt big time- oy- I think I could have stayed in bed all morning, but weekend duties call my name.

I really hope Vlo & Frosty are OK. It's really NOT like Vlo to not post for so many days...

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 03-18-2017, 07:22 AM   #308
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/113/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
I'd estimate that Frosty is engaged in extensive rehab for the shoulder - he'll be establishing range of motion and re-acquiring strength. I hope that it's going well (if that is what is happening).

Vio - likewise concerned at her absence and wondering if the children are unwell and the whole family has had a bug (you know how that goes at times).

Is Katie/Partyof8 OK? Does anyone know?

I'm up and down a bit. I develop headaches readily (particularly when leaning forward or when lying down and I loathe the jostle of a train journey) and I'm more than ready for the tinnitus to pick its pitch and amplitude and establish a new normal. However, I can function despite the headaches (I'm just a bit slow) and I can cope with the other stuff so it could all be far worse. It's just tedious. Bring on Spring and Sunshine
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:44 AM   #309
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/200/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
I am down another 1.5 after my third DD. 8 lbs total so far. I know that weight loss will slow after the initial whoosh, but I want to get as far away from 200 as I can so I don't bounce back in!

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:32 AM   #310
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

That's great Carol!! Fabulous.

Today is UD. 18 days and going strong on JUDDD. Today my scale finally arrives -- I haven't weighed myself in 2 years (at least), so I don't know how much I have lost on JUDDD. I have definitely lost something, though -- legs, face, middle section all seem slimmer.

My mom is coming over and we're going with DS to get pizza (with a long walk in between). Skipping breakfast so I have extra caloric berth!
Old 03-18-2017, 10:05 AM   #311
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Bluebelle, it always amazes me when someone says they don't have a scale. I bought my first scale at age 21 and have had at least one scale at all times. LOL Knowing how much I weigh has always been a top priority for me, nearing obsession. I no longer weigh daily, but rarely go longer than a week.

Today is also my UD, but I have already had breakfast and lunch. I tend to be an AM eater and eat less as the day goes on.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 03-18-2017, 10:28 AM   #312
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Bluebelle, it always amazes me when someone says they don't have a scale. I bought my first scale at age 21 and have had at least one scale at all times. LOL Knowing how much I weigh has always been a top priority for me, nearing obsession. I no longer weigh daily, but rarely go longer than a week.

Today is also my UD, but I have already had breakfast and lunch. I tend to be an AM eater and eat less as the day goes on.
I know. I am a scale denialist and realise it's ridiculous. Thanks for calling me out on it, because I deserve it! However this forum and all my JBs have inspired me to get real about it.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:20 PM   #313
cici52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Have been thinking of giving this WOE another try. Today is on track to be a DD already so might as well start now.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:34 PM   #314
Carly

back Cici

Old 03-18-2017, 12:42 PM   #315
cici52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Thanks, Carly. You look really great in your avitar. That is a good long time you have been maintaining. Congratulations!

I won't be stopping in as regularly because no internet at home.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:45 PM   #316
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Good to see you Cici.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:28 AM   #317
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy&Healthy
Stats: Too much/better/best
WOE: JUDDD/4:3/Fung
Start Date: November 2016
Hi Cici

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Appetite came roaring back yesterday aaaand I gave in to it. It felt great finally being able to taste things and I tried to keep it healthy, so I'm not too bothered by it. One more day of R&R before going back to work and rotations.
Happy&Healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:04 AM   #318
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I know. I am a scale denialist and realise it's ridiculous. Thanks for calling me out on it, because I deserve it! However this forum and all my JBs have inspired me to get real about it.
Oh, no, Bluebelle, I am not calling you out on it! Quite the opposite. I was more calling myself out for needing the scale for validation...for noting my own obsession with it. Clearly, I can SEE that my weight has gone up...way up. I don't need the scale to tell me that. And while it was happening, my clothes were getting tighter, and tighter until I had to buy new ones that fit. I really wish I could be one of those people who don't own a scale. Everyone goes up or down a few pounds every day. There's really no reason for me to panic over it, is there?

Dr Jason Fung

Last edited by PACarolsue; 03-19-2017 at 09:08 AM..
Old 03-19-2017, 09:08 AM   #319
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Although I am losing nicely, my UDs have me feeling very guilty, as if I've blown my diet. I wonder how long it will take to get rid of those feelings? I know it's just because I'm going from a -500 cal day to a 1800+ calorie day, which is the way the plan is structured. I am actually following the plan the way it's written. But that feeling that I have to feel hunger every single day is still with me.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 03-19-2017, 09:08 AM   #320
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Nasty, nasty shock weighing myself this morning (for the first time in 2-3 years). Scale showed 203 lbs. -- and that's after 18 days of JUDDD'ing where I have noticeably slimmed down; so I must have started out at 208 lbs or even higher.

In my head, I have been on the (very high) end of onederland all this time, and this is basically the a bucket of ice water on my head. Of course - it makes sense; barely any of my clothes fit; I feel like I had definitely put on extra pounds in the last couple of years.

I have done so much damage to my body, and have to go down a very long road now.

For starting stats I have placed '208 lbs' (as I am sure I have lost 5 lbs. in the last weeks).

DD today.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:41 AM   #321
kind
Major LCF Poster!

I need a talk down.
As you all know, That I started Feb26th>128
March 1st.124..
And instead of keep writting those weight numbers.
I was120 and now after my Dd>O cals. up 1lb.Now 121I dont know how that happened.
My Dds are 0cals and my up days. 1,200-1,270.
Plus I walk, weight machines too.
Today Im UD and now not wanting to eat.
Or worst yet just because of that 1lb up I want to stop.
And here so close to gaol.
why up a 1lb with DDdays 0?
Could just being older and not moving down like I want?
Or just take a breath and eat my up cals and keep going and see what April 1st brings.
Just dow. Can u belive that 1lb would mess with me so bad.
I thought I would see 118 this morning. Not 121
Just talk me down from over eating and staying with plan.
i know i can do it. but that 1 lb gain??/
Old 03-19-2017, 10:43 AM   #322
kind
Major LCF Poster!

March 1st. should have said 126 not 124 that came later
Old 03-19-2017, 11:10 AM   #323
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Have been thinking of giving this WOE another try. Today is on track to be a DD already so might as well start now.
Cici - it's good to see you again.

Quote:
Although I am losing nicely, my UDs have me feeling very guilty, as if I've blown my diet. I wonder how long it will take to get rid of those feelings?...But that feeling that I have to feel hunger every single day is still with me.
I hope those feelings leave you soon as the JUDDD process unfolds for you. And, no, there's no necessity to feel hunger every day in anything more than a transient sense.

Quote:
Nasty, nasty shock weighing myself this morning (for the first time in 2-3 years). Scale showed 203 lbs
I have done so much damage to my body, and have to go down a very long road now.
That number is a nasty shock for you.

That said, I'm hoping that you're young enough and that your genetic framework (so to speak) is good enough that this has not actively harmed you in a long-term sense (e.g., your joints; no high BP, evidence of CVD, nor diabetes type 2 etc.).

You're on the path you've chosen with JUDDD and you've been doing well with it. Scale weight is a number and that is all. It's not an index to you. Please note it as a point of information and a stage on your overall journey; it means nothing more than that.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:11 AM   #324
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind View Post
I need a talk down.
...I was120 and now after my Dd>O cals. up 1lb.Now 121I dont know how that happened....
Could just being older and not moving down like I want?
Or just take a breath and eat my up cals and keep going and see what April 1st brings.
Overall this is my advice. Keep your nerve and stick with your programme. It feels like a lot but it is just 1 lb - and it is more than probable that that is nothing but typical salt and fluid shifts.

Longer explanation.

I can gain 6 lbs in <30hrs - that's not fat, it's fluid and salts. It's quite standard for most of us to shift up and down because of these. Oddly enough, as we reduce our body fat stores below some levels, there are interesting technical changes in our body composition that mean these water fluctuations show up more and more for some of us.

This isn't necessarily what happens but there is a theory that as we use up our body fat stores, the body isn't entirely sure if we're going to need to fill those fat cells again to store fat in the near future. So, to keep its options open, the body keeps the storage potential on tap by putting water into those cells - and, for the same volume, water weight is greater than fat. So, our scale weight can look the same or even fluctuate up and down within the same range of 2 lbs or so, but we are reducing our body fat.

Over time, as there's no need to fill those fat cells with fat - there's seems to be a form of archiving in which the body dumps the water out of those cells. This is a possible explanation for so-called whooshes - and that scale weight drop hangs around.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:29 AM   #325
Carly

Quote:
Nasty, nasty shock weighing myself this morning (for the first time in 2-3 years). Scale showed 203 lbs. -- and that's after 18 days of JUDDD'ing where I have noticeably slimmed down; so I must have started out at 208 lbs or even higher.

In my head, I have been on the (very high) end of onederland all this time, and this is basically the a bucket of ice water on my head. Of course - it makes sense; barely any of my clothes fit; I feel like I had definitely put on extra pounds in the last couple of years.

For starting stats I have placed '208 lbs' (as I am sure I have lost 5 lbs. in the last weeks).

DD today.
You are on the right track now, so just focus on following your rotations and before you know it you will be reaching goal. The time will pass much faster than you think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind View Post
I need a talk down.
As you all know, That I started Feb26th>128
March 1st.124..
And instead of keep writting those weight numbers.
I was120 and now after my Dd>O cals. up 1lb.Now 121I dont know how that happened.
Slow Sure gave you a great explanation, but I'll add that we don't necessarily lose weight after every DD or every 2 DDs. The closer to goal sometimes makes the loss go slower.

Keep doing what you are doing. If things aren't looking better in a few weeks- reassess, but as another small woman I can tell you that it takes some time to see losses on the scale.

At 121 pounds, your/ my body doesn't burn that many calories exercising. Exercise is really important and beneficial, but doesn't burn a heck of a lot of extra calories, especially if you are on the small side.

Hang in there

Old 03-19-2017, 11:40 AM   #326
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/175/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Quote:

DD today.
I am very familiar with that ice bucket. Chilling doesn't begin to cover it. Here's what I wish someone had told me when I stood there shivering and disoriented:

• This is a normal experience for people who are overweight and dieting. We all underestimate our weight, all the time. And it is always horrifying when we come in from the cold and step on the scale. Always.
  • The road is not as long as you think. You will be in wonderland again before you know it.
  • You have not damaged your body in any way that can't be healed by
  • And this may sound the weirdest, but 203 is not as much in the stratosphere as you think it is. You're okay.
  • In fact, your job now is to be proud of yourself for starting your plan, for posting on the boards to keep the focus, and for having the courage to get on the scale again.
  • Repeat. Be proud of yourself. I am. We all are. Love yourself.
  • Carry on. You're doing everything right.

Old 03-19-2017, 11:45 AM   #327
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/175/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Quote:
Although I am losing nicely, my UDs have me feeling very guilty, as if I've blown my diet. I wonder how long it will take to get rid of those feelings? I know it's just because I'm going from a -500 cal day to a 1800+ calorie day, which is the way the plan is structured. I am actually following the plan the way it's written. But that feeling that I have to feel hunger every single day is still with me.
Isn't that guilt the weirdest thing? I experienced that the first few months of JUDDD. In fact, I think it lasted about six months. (I started JUDDD just a year ago).

But it only took a few weeks before I realized that feeling guilty was not related to reality; that it was a habit, built over a lifetime, of thinking that if I was eating something I had been told was "bad", or if I was happily stuffed, it meant I had overeaten.

I still had the feeling after that, but it is a feeling. I was able to intellectually understand that it was a false feeling, and that it would pass. When I reminded myself of that, it passed. Now I don't get it at all.

And as a side note, it was interesting to have such a start example of the fact that feelings can be a habit, and can be false.

Old 03-19-2017, 06:56 PM   #328
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Thank you SlowSure, Carly and Portia (especially you, Portia -- what you wrote was an eloquent, rational bear-hug of a comment -- if that makes sense!) for your words.

Since the scale shock this morning, I have spent most of today in a fog. I took a really long nap in the afternoon which helped with stress. I was also seriously considering just not even doing my DD today, but I ultimately talked myself down from that stupid ledge and will finish today at 500-550 cals.

Am now vacillating between feeling pretty hopeless and pretty zen. In part because that "203" I saw on the scale today, was supposed to be "193" (in my head) -- we're talking about a 10 lb. difference between expectation and reality. It could be much, much worse, my God. You're right Portia.

What I am supposed to be doing, is what I am already doing; and have been doing for 19 days -- with noticeable results. It will be slow, but it's doable -- and I already have 10 DD's under my belt to prove that to myself. I have all the infrastructure in place -- now I just have to let that time pass, as Carly says.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:46 PM   #329
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Slow and Carly.
Today is Ud and I had 1,227 cals.
Tomorrow I will do DD Ocals. Just like I have been.
I also think at this time to just keep at it and go with it .
Also I think For me to Not weigh in and just see whatcomes April 1st.
As long as I don't fall and keep calaries where I have. Then Should be ok.Drink more water also.I will keep reading and letting you all know how I;m doing but Not weighing.
Thank you.
Kind[Janet
Old 03-20-2017, 08:24 AM   #330
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Happy Spring everyone!

Vlo, where are you?????? come back!!
Would also like to hear from Frosty and Katie. And Barbo, how are you doing? Are you still on the mend?

H&H glad to hear you are feeling better.

SlowSure I hope your recovery is not so slow but definitely sure.

Bluebelle I can't possibly add anything more eloquent than what you have already read but just to add in my encouragement to just hang in there. I had a similar shock and in fact the numbers were almost the same and I can only say that you will get there soon! Just take that frustration and turn it to motivation.

Janet - same goes for you. Carly always gives good advice. hang in there! I am also guilty of paying too much attention to that stupid number. I bounced up 0.6 lbs after a MD and spent time beating myself up but if we keep going down that road we will just be miserable and inching towards an eating disorder.

Portia, Cici, Carol, Kissa, Carly and anyone else I missed

I definitely had two UDs this weekend!! I daresay that Sunday was almost a UUAD. I was just so so hungry all day long. I also enjoyed my fair share of wine on Saturday and I know my body is still recovering from that (and probably led to that extreme hunger on Sunday too). But it was a great visit with my friend and I did get in lots of walking at least so that is good. I stepped on the scale briefly and hopped right back off before I let it settle on a number. Yeah I am a wimp, I fully admit it. But I also know for a fact that I have a LOT of water weight and I just don't want to get caught up in that number just now. Today is a little going away get together for a good friend who is moving away but I volunteered to drive so if I have any alcohol at all, it will be only one. Trying to keep it a DD or at least a MD but if everyone else orders dinner I intend to just enjoy it with my friend who I won't see again unless (until) I go to Australia to see her.

My mom seems to be on the mend but there is still all the sibling chatter on what to do for long term care. It is a little frustrating because it is not like she is ready for a nursing home, she just had a tumble and yes we do need to find a way to take care of things but the sister who is all about the drama is making it seem like we have to get her set up for constant care. My phone was constantly a-buzz with texts this weekend with her throwing out accusatory words like no one but her cares about our mother if we didn't get back to her fast enough or with what she wanted to hear. She really makes it hard to be her sister some times. .

But enough of the venting. Although we have already been in "meteorological spring" for a few weeks now, the actual equinox makes it real! For the next 3 months we just keep getting more daylight so Woohoo!!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote