Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-21-2017, 11:55 AM   #361
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kind View Post
Hi, Every one.
First of All to Slow>Hope you feel better. Take care.

Today is my ud and I will do 1,200 or 1,3oo.
But That 100cals are if I need.
Yesterday was a Dd and as always 0 cals.
Must say at times in evening it gets tough. But When I see the clock hit midnight. Say to self you did it. Then Tomorrow on Dd starts again at 0 cals.
I did not weigh today for I'm staying off scale. Going to weigh in Sunday ,after I have few DD under belt.
Hope to Get to 118 on April 1st.
and just keep going. Goal>110
Going to y and do weight machines and walkwith maybe a mile Jogg. and then do Sauna for Detoxing.
Just so I'm clear- are you eating at Midnight? DDs are technically 36 or so hours. From the end of dinner on your UD (say 8pm) the whole next day, until (say 8am) breakfast the following morning. So, if you are eating at Midnight- that could be the reason you are not seeing losses...

Quote:
On DDo cals.Can I use sugar free gum? Or just stay away?..Keeping Dd 0 at least till the1st.Depends on scale.
Gum is fine. Just count any calories.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2017, 12:35 PM   #362
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Sorry not to catch-up with people.

Having a rough time with my head injuries so I need to slow right down and make sure that I recover from this properly.

Thinking of you all.
Sending you hugs...so sorry this isn't resolving better and fastwr.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:29 PM   #363
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: >
Start Date: April1 2013
Oh, No.
Not eating at all on dds.
When I said when I see clock strike Midnight. I made it a whole day on dd fasting. and midnight starts my ud and i can eat.{ LatterThat day.
I 'Stop eating on my Uds when I reach 1,200-1,300cals

Just when I see Midnight is for me to say I did it. another DD O cals.{Down.
Not to Eat until around noon On Ud.unless I grab a yogurt and Boiled egg before Gym.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:34 PM   #364
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: >
Start Date: April1 2013
No Gum on DD O cals.
So pass on that.No cals mean 0
Darn i was hopeing to have gum but Did not think about cals. even through not many cals.
Just keep doing what I'm doing and hope for the best on scale.{April1st
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:47 PM   #365
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
I have a question.

I don't want to weigh myself for another month, maybe. I feel like I am still too fragile/new to JUDDD to handle the weight fluctuations. The last time I weighed was this Sunday, i.e. the infamous "ice bucket" of a reality check.

We are all agreed-upon that what I'm doing, is what I'm supposed to be doing -- sticking to EOD rotations (which I have been doing for 3 weeks now! yay!), and not going over DD/UD calorie limits.

Is it OK to just keep on doing this, and not weigh for another month? I don't want to tweak, or hack. I just want to stay committed and let JUDDD do its thing and see where I am in another month. So don't know how helpful/informative it will be to weigh, and don't want to risk depressing myself and self-sabotage. I know it sounds stupid, but you all know it took me 3 years to get on a scale again to begin with - it's tough for me.

The only downside I can think of, is if I suddenly drop 10 lbs. in the interim (LOL. Right) and need to readjust my UD/DD calculator.

And of course, I might feel like peeking before the month is over. For example, today, a lot of body parts feel unexpectedly smaller.

Thoughts? Is it OK to just put my head down, JUDDD like crazy and not get anxious about the scale for a month?
Old 03-21-2017, 03:05 PM   #366
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
Bluebelle - good summary! but I bet one thing you have learned in all your reading is that we are all so very different and what works for some does not work for all. I bet you will find YOUR way soon enough. For example your #2 no booze - I remember KeirasMom said she enjoyed 1-2 cocktails almost daily and it did not seem to affect her progress at all. (me<---jealous ). But actually all three of those are spot-on for me as well.

Speaking of no booze, I am proud of myself to have gone to my friends going away party and had nothing but club soda with lemon. a minor victory for me for sure. I did however end up making my intended DD a MD because I had my little frozen dinner when I got home but was still so very hungry I ended up eating a greek yogurt later. I weighed this morning and although there is the expected post-weekend bounce I wasn't too upset- I had a lot of water weight so I am still feeling optimistic. maybe mostly because I seem to be gaining a little control! Imagine that.

I also mentioned I signed up for on-line dating and last night signed in for the first time when I could actually read profiles and see pictures and it was a bit of a jolt to me that I was making judgment calls based on pictures alone and became mad at myself for doing that. I know that its in our nature to do that and there is usually some form of physical attraction to start with but it made me think about the opposite way - that I was also going to be judged this way of course (my profile is still hidden, I haven't uploaded pics yet). I started reading the profiles (the service I joined also finds "compatible" matches and labels them so you can see those right away) and purposely read through some that I may not have based on their primary photo alone and it reminded me that this is going to be a lot of work. It also had me putting more work in to my own profile. I am now trying to be more careful in what I am saying and posting as my favorites or whatever. Now I remember why I didn't want to do this. blah.

and I'm also going to the gym today....
Yay you phoenix! I find that I usually drink when I'm stressed -- I am not a heavy drinker by any stretch of the imagination, but when you see me with my two glasses of Merlot it's usually stress-driven. And JUDDD has single-handedly removed one of the biggest stressors in my life - the 24/7-constant, burdensome feeling that "I am fat and not doing anything about it, and I will be fat forever". For the first time in a really, really long time, I feel like I have hope/control over it, so have not felt an urge to drink since I started.

You have all my sympathies/support with the online dating stuff. Is it possible to "turn off" photos for profiles? Guessing no, but that would be cool, wouldn't it? And yes I know I sound like the weirdest 29-year-old person ever! One that's been married for 10 years and hasn't ever used a dating app. All I know is that you should keep an open mind about the photos (some people don't know how to choose/take a good photo to save their lives! And some of the funniest, kindest people just are average-looking) and a strong radar for red flags, if that makes sense.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:55 PM   #367
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/200/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Bluebelle, I am not a seasoned JUDDD BUDD, but I will offer my two cents. You have gone this long without a scale, so why worry about it? You are going to either lose, or not lose, and I think you will be able to feel a 10 lbs loss if you have one. So go for it. It's so funny to me how we are really polar opposites. I can't imagine not having a scale, and knowing what it says. I wish you luck with this.

"The first step to solving a problem is to admit that one exists."
Dr Jason Fung
PACarolsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:58 PM   #368
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Phoenix, I think you would be doing yourself a great injustice if you go according to pictures. I realize that there has to be some physical attraction, but you know that some of the best looking guys are real jerks, and some of the so so guys are real sweethearts. You fall in love with their personality in the end, and then they look gorgeous to you! I am looking forward to hearing how this works out!

Dr Jason Fung
Old 03-21-2017, 04:13 PM   #369
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Bluebelle, I am not a seasoned JUDDD BUDD, but I will offer my two cents. You have gone this long without a scale, so why worry about it? You are going to either lose, or not lose, and I think you will be able to feel a 10 lbs loss if you have one. So go for it. It's so funny to me how we are really polar opposites. I can't imagine not having a scale, and knowing what it says. I wish you luck with this.
I know! Another funny thing is that our stats are nearly the same.

I am going to try to articulate why I am such a scale weirdo. Basically, when I am committed to lose weight, I panic when I don't see linear results on an instrument that gives precise numbers - and seeing the scale bounce all over the place (which is normal, I know), I get all these panicked thoughts that maybe I should be trying another WOE, a hack, tweak, etc.

Whereas when I'm not anxious about the scale, and just living the JUDDD life, I go by unquantified results (my collarbones show; my ankles are more defined; DS says 'Mamma, you look a tinier bit skinnier'), I am happy with the mystery.

Where I was before -- not doing anything about being overweight, not weighing myself - was NOT a happy mystery. Just to be clear -- it sucked all the joy out of my day because I could never stop thinking about it.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:08 PM   #370
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
I just signed in tonight to say I actually found a very tasty frozen meal!! It was a chicken enchilada bowl from a manufacturer called Evol - it was delicious!! And they try to keep the ingredient list all "real" (IYKWIM). Calorie counts change but they vary from 250 on up. Worth a look if you are in the frozen aisle!

Carol and Bluebelle - thanks for the advice and I probably wasn't terribly clear that I absolutely agree on the looks vs personality, that is why I sort of got mad at myself. But thank you for the encouragement!! It is nerve-wracking. Someone sent me a smile already and I don't even have pictures up yet! So now I am trying to find good pictures but I am going to have to work on some selfies or get someone to help. Eek!! As I was going through old pictures I did a little bit of a freak out. This whole process makes me feel so uncomfortable but I am not meeting single people any other way.

Bluebelle- as for the scale, I say do what you are comfortable with HOWEVER might I suggest you at least take some measurements or something? or maybe pick certain clothes that can be your guide? ie: formerly tight pants that are loose, etc. Or what about weighing just once a week? for example end of the week after a DD or something... I think for me personally it was too easy to "cheat" (and yes I know I am only cheating myself) when I didn't measure regularly but I was in the same boat as you. The scale bounce really killed me. I jumped around to hacks although they were short term successful they didn't help in the long term. Just my personal experience of course. I think you may have read the conversation with Portia on the hack thread about using the scale to be "accountable" - I think it depends on your perspective. I think if you need to stay away from the scale then do what is right for you however it can't hurt to just write down some measurements JUST in case you decide you want to track your success....
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:57 PM   #371
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
I just signed in tonight to say I actually found a very tasty frozen meal!! It was a chicken enchilada bowl from a manufacturer called Evol - it was delicious!! And they try to keep the ingredient list all "real" (IYKWIM). Calorie counts change but they vary from 250 on up. Worth a look if you are in the frozen aisle!

Carol and Bluebelle - thanks for the advice and I probably wasn't terribly clear that I absolutely agree on the looks vs personality, that is why I sort of got mad at myself. But thank you for the encouragement!! It is nerve-wracking. Someone sent me a smile already and I don't even have pictures up yet! So now I am trying to find good pictures but I am going to have to work on some selfies or get someone to help. Eek!! As I was going through old pictures I did a little bit of a freak out. This whole process makes me feel so uncomfortable but I am not meeting single people any other way.

Bluebelle- as for the scale, I say do what you are comfortable with HOWEVER might I suggest you at least take some measurements or something? or maybe pick certain clothes that can be your guide? ie: formerly tight pants that are loose, etc. Or what about weighing just once a week? for example end of the week after a DD or something... I think for me personally it was too easy to "cheat" (and yes I know I am only cheating myself) when I didn't measure regularly but I was in the same boat as you. The scale bounce really killed me. I jumped around to hacks although they were short term successful they didn't help in the long term. Just my personal experience of course. I think you may have read the conversation with Portia on the hack thread about using the scale to be "accountable" - I think it depends on your perspective. I think if you need to stay away from the scale then do what is right for you however it can't hurt to just write down some measurements JUST in case you decide you want to track your success....
Selfies!! You can take a million until you get it just right. Tell us about the smiler!

I like the idea of the pants to gauge progress! Thanks.

Yesterday's UD ended up at 2,100-2,200. Some impulsive crackers-and-cream-cheese snacking.

Today's DD was one of the easiest I've had in 3 wks of JUDDDing. I was really productive at work (which I admit has not been the case since JUDDD, especially on DDs -- very hard to focus), then cooked/cleaned, before having anything to eat. My one meal came at 7pm -- jasmine rice, chicken breast and some veggies with light soy sauce (360 cals). I also had a small chocolate bar (found them in the supermarket the other day -- 30g Milkas, at 160 calories. Overall DD was about 550 cals, factoring in that I tasted DS/DD's food while cooking.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:49 AM   #372
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Bluebelle, not only are our stats nearly the same, but I have been doing the crackers and cream cheese lately, too. It's DH's fault. He is the one who bought the Ritz Crackers. Then he decided he didn't want them and switched to Club Crackers. Not wanting to waste the Ritz......LOL I quit buying crackers that I like over a year ago because I know my weakness. Then he had to bring some into the house. You know everything's better when it sits on a Ritz!

One of the pounds I gained is gone. I usually lose better after a DD. But this plan is working far better than any I've tried before and I'm really committed to it. The scale bounce really bothers me too, that's why I try to limit weighing to once a week, when I "feel" thin.

Dr Jason Fung
Old 03-22-2017, 07:48 AM   #373
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/167/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
That's our Vlo: Sails through a roller derby without a scratch, and bunks her head by bending down. Love you, lady!
so true! At least my gear protects me while I play, nothing to protect me from clumsiness at home!

Seabreezes- thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy&Healthy View Post

Vlo!!!: happy to see you!! Great pic, the roller derby girls are always so cool. You've been on my mind lately since, last week while I was home sick, I was reading some of the older threads on this and another site. I ran into a couple of your posts with an old avatar pic. I know you feel discouraged sometimes but seeing the old picture and your awesome new pictures lately, you should be so proud of yourself. When you get down on yourself, remember how far you've come because it truly is inspirational. Also realize that people like me gain a lot of strength from your incredible losses, it tells us that this way of life works which helps to stick to it on the hard days. We can be our own worst critics sometimes; I think you look absolutely phenomenal in your pics!

I also ordered a kettlebell set to help build muscle. Anyone have experience with them?
Thank you it's sometimes a balancing act to be happy and proud of how far I've come but to also not allow it to make me complacent. I do have my days where I say darn it I've lost 100 lbs can't I just relax?! But as I've lost large amounts of weight before only to gain it all back ....I know I can never relax all the way. Once we commit ourselves to weightloss and maintenance it's a life long undertaking that will require constant vigilance.

I've used kettle bells and I found a DVD I really like to follow along to its called "ultimate kettle bell workouts for beginners" by acacia lifestyle. It's got an upper body workout and lower body workout, each only 26 mins. I would start with a 5 lbs (10 lbs 2nd week till that's easy and keep moving up)the first week, do lower body M-W-F , upper body Tu-Th , rest on weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbo View Post
Vlo

My goodness woman, 263 to 164....
You are one amazing person.
Give yourself a big bear hug and many kizzes.
Oh, and Vlo.....give yourself a break will ya?
Thanks Barb, really hoping your health issues turn around soon! is the miracle dough the fathead dough recipe? I've made it a couple times and I really like it! I make it as written except Instead of 3/4 cup almond flour I use 1/4 cup and 1/4 cup coconut flour. Turns out great, not as expensive and I've used it for pigs in a blanket and pizza.

Phoenix- were more than willing to help pick out the best selfie I'm proud of you for finally taking the leap and signing up, I know it's not easy to put yourself out there! I've seen the evol meals before they do look good!

Bluebelle- I think weighing once a month is fine if that's good with you but also agree you need to take measurements if you don't weigh. Obviously if you are dropping pant sizes then you know your are on the right track so as long as your concious of that it'll be fine! I honestly wish I could do this as the bounce does bother me at times but once I deluded myself that I was the same size when I had gained 20 lbs because I was only wearing stretchy jeans I need to be slapped in the face by the number on the scale

Carly- really scary about dw since the family history is there. I just read something the other day that mamagrams actually have a lot of false positives so I really hope that the case for dw keep us updated!

Kind- I think gum is ok on dd's as long as you aren't counting carbs, each piece has like 1 carb but no calories

Slow, cici, carolsue

So I weighed 169.4 AFTER my dd I must have def been 172-173 on Monday so I'm glad I spared myself the torment of weighing! Did ok on my ud yesterday, aimed for 1800 calories but like always went a bit over and most likely ended up around 2100. Today I'm 169.2, so I dropped which is always great after an ud but still hanging out at 169 is depressing. I feel like this isn't just bloat anymore, like in the last 2 months ive "dieted" my self up 9 lbs I was consistently seeing 160 after dd's so to be 169 after a dd is no bueno. Not trying to be hard on myself and I am proud of my past success but I know what a slippery slope it is when you put on few lbs and the best thing to do is get it off quick! Also I lost the bulk of my weight in 2014, and have been fighting 20 lbs the last couple of years, not to mention I still have not been able to call goal which at this point is so close yet so far away. I just want to be in maintenance already, though I'm pretty sure maintenance will very much resemble WLM for me

Anywho still got a huge lump on my head from hitting it the other day and still headachey on and off. Today I have practice too and it's my dd, hope this doesn't make for a dizzy practice!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 03-22-2017 at 08:03 AM..
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:48 AM   #374
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
Selfies!! You can take a million until you get it just right. Tell us about the smiler!
Well I have to admit that my first smile looked very promising. I think this is the beauty of eHarmony- it does seem to match similar interests, etc. Or maybe he just had me at mention that he is a geek who loves wine. I found some pictures of me - one from our group photo at my friends party on Monday so at least one very recent shot, and two that are a few years old so I asked some of my friends to tell me if I look so much different now that I couldn't use them. They seemed OK with them so... I'll post them tonight and we'll see what happens. I still need the recent selfies though including a full body shot. Sometimes I feel excited about it and then it switches to fear! But I'll get over it. The alternative is to stay bored and lonely.

I have been crazy hungry - and cold- the last week or so. I think I've typed this out before. I don't know what the deal is but it could still be from dealing with the snow (it is difficult to walk in it!) and now we are getting another cold snap. I also have been going to the gym to do strength training so maybe that is also contributing. I am so ready for warmer weather and NO SNOW.

A question for those of you doing strength training- Because its been a while since I've done this I am sort of easing back in to it by doing those circuit machines at the gym. some of my muscles are pleasantly sore (not so sore to be uncomfortable although my stiff legs did wake me up once during the night) but if I am not feeling a little sore should I take this to mean perhaps I need to increase the weight? I am never sure.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:58 AM   #375
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: taramisu
Stats: 282/209/180
Start Date: April 7, 2015
Hello, my name is Tara, and this is my super long monster post. Yaaaaaay!

Work has been crazy busy and I'm directing a play in the evenings so while I haven't been posting much, my schedule is helping me stick to JUDDD quite well! Huzzah! I'm officially back in onederland... and this time, I intend to stay there! I'm only one pound away from my all-time (as an adult) low of 197.6 in September. I can and I will!

kind, I'm just curious. Are you saying you're eating 0 cals on DDs, then 1200-1300 for UD? Please take this only as concern and not judgment, because we all must judge for ourselves what works and what our bodies need to lose and to feel good, but those calories seem so low, it concerns me a little. That averages out to around 650/day, which seems low even for a VLCD. Is this a short-term plan, or one you've been doing for a while? Again, I don't mean to judge or sound disapproving, I would just worry about whether it's sustainable and you're getting enough nutrients. (Of course, I'm on the opposite end, always struggling to keep within my fairly generous calorie budget, so any VLCD seems unattainable to me!) Either way, I admire your willpower and hope things are going well

Slow, I'm so sorry your recovery is moving slowly... thinking of you.

Vlo, love your avatar and roller pics!! Good luck with the meal prep That's great your husband is doing well with weight loss, but I totally get it... even when we're eating healthfully, it's still hard to plan a meal for both me and my husband.

Bluebelle and Phoenix and Carly
, it's sooooo true that food stops being as enjoyable when it's a free-for-all. No wonder I got up to 282. The more I ate, the more I needed to be satisfied, like an addict. Well, not LIKE an addict. I AM an addict. But I do love that something like a chocolate cupcake is just amazing on JUDDD... it's special. I enjoy it more.

Barbo, so sorry to hear you haven't been in the best of health. I hope as spring comes, things blossom for you too. Sausage rolls sound so good right now...

Carly, wow, great job on the scale! Isn't it funny how the same number can feel so different in our bodies? On a more serious note, so scary about your DW. Hoping for you both that everything is just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
That's our Vlo: Sails through a roller derby without a scratch, and bunks her head by bending down. Love you, lady!
LOL! Oh Portia and Vlo, you're both adorbs.

Bluebelle and Carly, I've been thinking a lot about the slow weight loss myself, and am accepting that consistent 1-2 pound losses are just not going to be the norm anymore. I've lost 83 pounds, and it's just a fact that weight loss slows down at a certain point, and it also takes me a while to adjust to a smaller calorie budget as my weight goes down. C'est la vie, although I may be really patient with la vie sometimes.

Happy&Healthy, getting closer and closer to goal!! Way to go!!

Phoenix, ah, online dating. It's hard not to judge by pictures! I mean... they basically make us put them on there so people can judge them! But seriously, I hope you do have fun with it. I was such a shy, self-conscious person, I doubt I'd ever have gotten married much less had a boyfriend if online dating weren't a thing. Crossing my fingers you find someone nice and fun. I like Bluebelle's idea of turning off photos Of course, when I came across people without profile photos I usually passed them by... who knows, I could have missed out on some gems that way! (I guess I won't be too regretful since I do kinda like the guy I ended up with.) Anyway, the most important thing is that he loves Puppy, right?

Oh, also Phoenix, I bought one of those Evol meals! I was all excited about it. And speaking of forementioned husband, he ate it (grumble) and then had the nerve to complain that he didn't like it. It was a macaroni one of some kind. I'm going to buy it again and enjoy it no matter what just to spite him. I'll definitely try the chicken enchilada one you mentioned! I love the Amy's enchilada bowl (or... whatever it's called... oy, my memory :laugh ), but usually save it for UDs since it's not really low-cal... at least, not the way I eat it (I use a little miracle from the gods called sour cream... and I don't skimp).

Cici, good job on the first DDs! How's it going?

Bluebelle, had to smile at your question " Is it OK to just put my head down, JUDDD like crazy and not get anxious about the scale for a month?" More than okay!

Vlo, am I silly for being afraid to try kettlebells for fear they will go flying and I will knock down a wall in my house?

Seabreezes, can you please send some sea breezes my way? I need them!

Has anyone seen Katie around? Miss her!

I'm sorry if I missed anyone! Have to get back to work Love to all!!!!
tara ¤

My Journal

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times—if one only remembers to turn on the light. ~ Albus Dumbledore

Last edited by taramisu; 03-22-2017 at 09:00 AM..
taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:04 AM   #376
Carly

Quote:
No Gum on DD O cals.
So pass on that.No cals mean 0
Darn i was hopeing to have gum but Did not think about cals. even through not many cals.
Just keep doing what I'm doing and hope for the best on scale.{April1st
Gum- sugar free- hardly has any calorie. I think if you want a piece you should feel free to have it, but that's up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
I have a question.

I don't want to weigh myself for another month, maybe. I feel like I am still too fragile/new to JUDDD to handle the weight fluctuations. The last time I weighed was this Sunday, i.e. the infamous "ice bucket" of a reality check.

Is it OK to just keep on doing this, and not weigh for another month? I don't want to tweak, or hack. I just want to stay committed and let JUDDD do its thing and see where I am in another month.
There is no rule that says you ever have to weigh. Whatever works for you. What works now may change down the road. Weight loss and life are just kind of like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACarolsue View Post
Phoenix, I think you would be doing yourself a great injustice if you go according to pictures. I realize that there has to be some physical attraction, but you know that some of the best looking guys are real jerks, and some of the so so guys are real sweethearts. You fall in love with their personality in the end, and then they look gorgeous to you! I am looking forward to hearing how this works out!
The bolded is so true and I'll quote the wonderful Judge Judy "Beauty fades, but dumb is forever."
Did you respond to the smiler? We need to know these things!!!

Hi everyone else

Work is busy- training the new QA staff member. TYLL.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:16 AM   #377
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Tara you are so funny how you answer all (or almost all) the posts from the last time you are on! that must take forever! Good to see you and YAY For firmly being in Onederland!! Yeah I am trying to just stay hopeful for on-line dating and try to ignore the bad stuff. I'm older and hopefully slightly more wise than I was the last time I did this so maybe I won't fall for the same crap I did the last time that made the experience less than desirable... but having said that I DID meet the guy I dated on and off for about 3-4 years so it was not a total loss.

As for the Evol meals- is your DH dieting? because if you ask me, and to echo what Bluebelle said about everything tasting so good on JUDDD, a frozen "diet" (as in lower calorie like under 3-400 cal) meal can't compare to a high calorie meal! I wonder if he was considering that . The chicken enchilada bowl I had was 350 calories but I think it was worth it. (also speaking of frozen meals and as a side note, a Stouffer's individual meat lasagna is also 350 cal and I think they are quite tasty and satisfying!).

Vlo we were posting at the same time so I missed your post earlier - take it easy with that lump on your head, especially if you are feeling even a little bit affected by it (headache) - after my mom's tumble and reading some of the stuff that SlowSure posted I think its better to be safe than sorry and cause another mishap! I also wonder if you have been doing extra exercise with the Derby lately, maybe you have some muscle inflammation and that has the scale reacting? I say we go with that and in no time it will be back where you want it to be .

Carly- first - LOL on that quote!!! and it IS so true. I actually am not usually attracted to what I call "pretty boys" anyway. I haven't responded yet to the smiler because I wanted to post some pictures first. But maybe I will just smile back now. Seems so silly but its kind of fun I guess. I'm still not fully versed in how to use this site yet so I better read up on what all these things mean. There is a "what if" button that I have no idea what that means, and there are "compatible" labels and then notes that say "this match is just outside of your parameters" so I don't know what that means - I assume some thing I indicated like age range or location or whatever. There is some way you can send them specific questions etc etc. Anyway- I should do a little work on this tonight!
Old 03-22-2017, 10:21 AM   #378
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramisu View Post
Bluebelle, had to smile at your question " Is it OK to just put my head down, JUDDD like crazy and not get anxious about the scale for a month?" More than okay!
I know it's so stupid I know it's important to weigh on Atkins because you have to figure out if diet soda, cheese and nuts make you stall (and cut them out). But my thought is, there is no tweaking JUDDD. As long as you are really staying to your UD/DD calories, there is no "I need to change this or that" moment. At least, that's what I think.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:29 AM   #379
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Harley27330
Stats: 300+,242,188Ju
WOE: CC/LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Dec 2012/ Jan 2017
Hey Everybody I made it back, I have been absent for several weeks due to my Mom having some medical issues. She was finally diagnosed that she had a stroke and was possibly having mini strokes leading up to the paralysis on her left side. But to share the great news we have seen nothing short of a God given miracle on her recovery and with her rehab she seems to be on the way to a full recoverey. So I have been doing my best to keep my Judddd in check. My WOE has been more down and medium days with being in doctors offices or emergency rooms. Even though I seem to be battling the 3 or 4 pounds over and over lately. I had a puzzler before my Mom's sickness I normally only weigh on the morning after a dd but I was on a UD and noticed that my pants were looser in the waist than normal, so I had to see what the scales had to say and was shocked to see that I had gained 10 pounds. I verified this with 2 different sets of scales. I ended up losing the 10 pounds plus 1 after a couple of weeks. So even though I am fighting the same 3-4 pounds lately I have noticed my belt is getting longer and longer so least I am burning some fat!! Just to share another tid bit of good news yesterday I was on my way to visit my Mom in rehab as the rehab center came in sight my truck began over heating. I made it to the rehab center after my truck cooled off I tried to refill my radiator to get the truck home so that I could replace the radiator. The water was coming out of the radiator as fast as I could pour it in. I had to call for a wrecker. This morning the auto shop called me to say my truck was repaired I asked how much I owed the amount was zero for the tow and the new radiator. The previous radiator was still under warranty. Folks Life is Good!!
Harley27330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:51 AM   #380
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley27330 View Post
Hey Everybody I made it back, I have been absent for several weeks due to my Mom having some medical issues. She was finally diagnosed that she had a stroke and was possibly having mini strokes leading up to the paralysis on her left side. But to share the great news we have seen nothing short of a God given miracle on her recovery and with her rehab she seems to be on the way to a full recoverey. So I have been doing my best to keep my Judddd in check. My WOE has been more down and medium days with being in doctors offices or emergency rooms. Even though I seem to be battling the 3 or 4 pounds over and over lately. I had a puzzler before my Mom's sickness I normally only weigh on the morning after a dd but I was on a UD and noticed that my pants were looser in the waist than normal, so I had to see what the scales had to say and was shocked to see that I had gained 10 pounds. I verified this with 2 different sets of scales. I ended up losing the 10 pounds plus 1 after a couple of weeks. So even though I am fighting the same 3-4 pounds lately I have noticed my belt is getting longer and longer so least I am burning some fat!! Just to share another tid bit of good news yesterday I was on my way to visit my Mom in rehab as the rehab center came in sight my truck began over heating. I made it to the rehab center after my truck cooled off I tried to refill my radiator to get the truck home so that I could replace the radiator. The water was coming out of the radiator as fast as I could pour it in. I had to call for a wrecker. This morning the auto shop called me to say my truck was repaired I asked how much I owed the amount was zero for the tow and the new radiator. The previous radiator was still under warranty. Folks Life is Good!!
Wow Harley! lots in that post! First so glad to hear your Mom is going to have a full recovery! Thats amazing!
And yay for the radiator warranty!!!

Very curious about the loose jeans but the higher scale weight, huh? I have heard an explanation that our bodies fill our fat cells with water to "hold them" before they finally release it all but I don't think that really explains it all (and somehow doesn't make sense either). But WTG on losing it all!
Old 03-22-2017, 01:01 PM   #381
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Tara, I would love to send you some warm breezes, but we are still in cold, rainy No. CA and I need some of them, too! We'll be home in 2 weeks and then I'll try to help!

Harley, so glad your mother is doing so much better! I had the same thing happen with a car battery not too long ago. I was charged for it and then said I didn't get my discount. When they apologized, they also discovered I was still under warranty! No charge at all....At least you were told right away.

We had corned beef last night - a few days late for St. Pat's - and the salt was not my friend. I think hubby will have to eat the rest of it. It diid taste good, though. My favorite is always the cabbage.

Kissa, your daughter has been posting some wonderful insights on FB. (She is doing a more JUDDD like approach right now) Do you think she would mind sharing her thoughts on set points? Her success is remarkable!

Have a great JUDDD day.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:13 PM   #382
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
I am so sorry I haven't been posting. Just life taking over.

I can't address you all but I do want you to know that I have read everything.

Those with health problems or with partners suffering, I send all my healing thoughts.

For those struggling with weight issues, may I just say keep on keeping on.

For those enjoying losses, hurray and hurray again.

Seabreezes, just an hour ago I asked her is she would post here again as currently she is doing ADF. And I agree, some of her posts have been so inspiring, and quite deep! I also asked her to share her later before and afters.

I am doing fine, generally under 120 which is still almost unbelievable.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:23 PM   #383
Harley27330
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Harley27330
Stats: 300+,242,188Ju
WOE: CC/LC/JUDDD
Start Date: Dec 2012/ Jan 2017
Thanks Phoenix!! Yes a real puzzler to me, I certainly did not feel 10lbs heavier but as long as I lost it again I am happy!!
Thanks Seabreezes glad the battery ordeal worked for you also. With the name Seabreezes and location Paradise sounds like a wonderful area. My favorite beach also goes by the name Paradise
Harley27330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:45 PM   #384
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I am so sorry I haven't been posting. Just life taking over.

I can't address you all but I do want you to know that I have read everything.

Those with health problems or with partners suffering, I send all my healing thoughts.

For those struggling with weight issues, may I just say keep on keeping on.

For those enjoying losses, hurray and hurray again.

Seabreezes, just an hour ago I asked her is she would post here again as currently she is doing ADF. And I agree, some of her posts have been so inspiring, and quite deep! I also asked her to share her later before and afters.

I am doing fine, generally under 120 which is still almost unbelievable.
Kissa, was thinking of you and SlowSure today as the horrible news from London broke. What a terrible day.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:07 PM   #385
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

UD today. I am not sure if it's because of my cold, or what (maybe appetite suppressant effect kicking in? I am 3 weeks on this WOE already, but don't know when is median start), but I didn't really feel hungry today. It actually feels kind of gross to eat up to UD calories today.

Meals:
- Breakfast: homemade thick corn tortilla with 1 tbsp of sour cream, coffee with 1/4 cup 2% milk and 1/2 tbsp sugar (300 cals)
- Lunch: 1 cup of fettuccine noodles, 4 baby zucchini, 1/2 cup green peas, 1 tbsp pesto sauce, 1 tbsp parmesan (400 cals)
- Dinner: 2 beef/cheese pupusas with 1 cup of Salvadorean cabbage slaw (600-700 cals)
- Snacks: 12g of corn chips (400 cals), 1 30g milk chocolate bar (160)

So, 1860-1960 calories total for the day.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:12 PM   #386
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/145/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Thank you all for your kind words, I appreciate all of you.

Bluebelle, one day at a time. Live in RIGHT NOW! You cannot go back and
who the heck wants to? You are perfect right now. Be responsible for what
you put into your mouth, one meal, at a time. No one can take that away
from you. It's our privilege. The government cannot tax your right to eat
yourself happy and healthy. Enjoy your life dear one. Love yourself real good.
You have all your JUDDD buds to support you.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:15 PM   #387
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/145/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
Slow,

Didn't know you had a head injury and couldn't find the thread or post
when you became injured? Did you fall again? Praying for you to heal
as quickly as possible. How about your other injury? Healing well hopefully.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:29 AM   #388
Carly

Sending hugs, love and prayers to our UK JUDDD Buds

Old 03-23-2017, 09:01 AM   #389
cici52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Happy day to all. It is beautiful and crisp here. The littles are having their quiet time so I get a minute to report. Have had a pretty easy Juddd experience so far. Just feeling unencumbered by food decisions. The last DD went well so repeating the broth/veggies/and soup again today. It is amazing how powerful it feels to make a decision and stick to it. I remember this honeymoon period from the first JUDDD run. The freedom on UDs is heady. Enjoy!
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:04 AM   #390
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Sending hugs, love and prayers to our UK JUDDD Buds
Same here. sometimes I don't even want to turn on the news any more.

Just popping in to say Hi- work is a little contentious today so I need to keep my head down and focus. I have a co-worker who is a bit of a trouble maker. I don't think she really means to be, she just goes about things in such a bad way. Maybe she thinks it makes her look good to the bosses but all it really does is stir things up and in the long run makes everything worse. Then she sits back and says "I didn't do it"

I'm feeling an urge to stray from the diet - I suppose I already may have. Last night I planned out my dinner with calorie counts but when cooking it up I realized that the entire bowl of leftovers was probably a bigger volume than calculated but I didn't care. It was probably about 1.3-1.5x the portion but the 0.5x left was not enough to save and I didn't want to waste it. I was super hungry though so it was needed. its also TOM which would possibly explain the hunger (and maybe the "I don't care" mood).

OK no more avoiding work for me. Trying to motivate to go to the gym over lunch but its SO COLD out there. Where is Spring???