Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 03-25-2017, 06:51 AM   #1
Leo41
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Why I stopped Juddd-ing

Keep in mind that I'm an N=1, so my experience may not be relevant to anyone else, but I share it as a possibility for some.

I am very carb sensitive and lost all my weight (and have been maintaining my loss for 8+ years) eating <20g carbs a day. Because I'm post-menopausal and hypothyroid, I also had to be very careful of calories. JUDDD really helped me lose my last 100 lbs; I began at 430/1400 and went to 350/1200 near the end. My overall 'maintenance' level [weighint 145] was just about 1,100 cal, and although I didn't do formal JUDDD, I had DDs when needed to keep my calories in check.

About 8 months ago, I was reading about 'zero carb,' and I had already found that the few carbs I ate, the better I felt. So I decided to try zero for 30 days.
I don't eat dairy, and I seem to have recently developed a 'sensitivity' to eggs, so this meant eating meat, fish, and fats only. I should add that I've been a great meat eater all my life, so this wasn't exactly a hardship.

However, what scared me was that I craved fat and began to stop counting calories because I seemed to be eating too much. When I counted, I was easily over 1,500 a day (often higher), and I thought for sure I'd gain. But every time I weighed myself, I was either the same or lower!

This phenomenon has continued. For the first time in over a decade, I don't count calories, and I eat A LOT--with total control of my weight. Last summer, I went on a 2-week European cruise, and although I stayed at zero in terms of food, I had a glass of wine almost every evening with dinner. I left at 144 and returned at exactly 144.

I am 144 this morning. For some reason, my body loves this WOE. I feel great, and my labs (checked regularly because of my thyroid) are superb. JUDDD was a miracle for me at the time, but no longer needing to carefully count calories has been wonderful.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2017, 08:40 AM   #2
harley g-ma
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: harley g-ma
Stats: 195.5/183./140
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Jan.1 2014
What does a typical day food wise look like? I'm looking for something very simple and it can be repetitive.
harley g-ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 09:12 AM   #3
ShrinkingWoman
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ShrinkingWoman
Stats: HW 207 197/180/157 H-5'10
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: January 1, 2017
That is great Leo41! Your success and maintenance are such an inspiration.
ShrinkingWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 09:24 AM   #4
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/113/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
It's admirable that you're so in touch with the changing needs of your metabolism, Leo.

Many congratulations on maintaining a stable weight and responding to your body's needs by altering your WOE as needed.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 12:50 PM   #5
Leo41
Senior LCF member

Harley-
I don't know whether I have 'typical' days, but I am a 'morning person,' so I tend to eat earlier in the day. Usually, I'm finished eating by 3 pm, but if I find that I'm hungry, I'll eat again in the evening.

I try to balance Omega 3 and 6, so I eat fish a lot. Yesterday, for example, I had a can of tuna (6 oz) for breakfast [EVOO added], a can of salmon (6 oz) about 2 pm, also with EVOO. And I found myself hungry about 5 pm, so I had another can of tuna. [I eat only Wild Planet canned fish.] I will have at least 2 'fish days' a week. That was more protein than I normally eat, but the charts suggest 70g-100g is what I should have, and I'm usually about 70-80.

Today I made a meatloaf of bison/beef combined [just used salt and mustard for seasoning], and I've eaten some of that for two meals. I buy all my meat online--grass fed beef, bison, and lamb and pastured (heritage) pork. I'm roasting a chicken right now, and I plan to eat that tomorrow.

Even when I was just low carb, I never made 'recipes.' I eat basic, whole foods. During weight loss, I found that limiting 'food involvement' is important for me.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:23 PM   #6
Dottie
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: ADF mostly Paleo
Leo the tuna brand Safe Catch has the lowest mercury. I don't know if they have an EVOO one, the ones I get locally are water only.
They're sustainably caught, too.
I really like the taste and texture of the Elite one.

Quote:
Elite is our lowest mercury tuna. It’s a great choice for athletes, kids & pregnant women!

√ MERCURY TESTED
We hand pick premium wild tuna, then test each and every one to a mercury limit that is ten times (10x) lower than the FDA action limit. Safe Catch Elite is the only brand of tuna that meets Consumer Reports’ “Low Mercury” criteria set for pregnant women and children. Safe Catch Elite is the official tuna of the American Pregnancy Association.
√ ARTISAN COOK PROCESS
Most canned tuna loses flavor and the majority of Omega 3s due to precooking and machine processing. We hand pack premium raw wild tuna steaks to retain all the vital Omega 3 oils and nutrients and then slow cook them to perfection.
√ NOTHING ADDED, NOTHING DRAINED
We don’t add oil, water, fillers, preservatives, or GMO-Soy broth to our tuna. It’s just pure wild tuna. Just empty the can into a bowl and mix together so the tuna reabsorbs any natural fish oils. Please do not drain.
√ SUSTAINABLY CAUGHT
Our Elite tuna is wild and sustainably caught without using FADs or long lines. We are a proud partner of the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch program.
*Note – The actual label received may differ from product photo above. We are in the process of transitioning our labels. The product remains the same deliciously pure tuna as always.
Ingredients: Skipjack tuna, salt
Net Wt. 5 oz. per can.
OU – Certified Kosher by the Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregation of America.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Be sure to visit Netrition on Facebook for the latest products and deals!
https://www.facebook.com/Netritioncom-210889832433/

**Every day is up to you. You can choose for it to be a good day or a bad day.**
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 02:39 PM   #7
Rosebud
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosebud
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 1/25/17
That's really good Leo41! You are truly an inspiration.

Edit: I remember you mentioning a couple of years back about the Wild Planet tuna and I did order them and they tasted really good and the fact that they are wild caught in sustainability was a plus.

Last edited by Rosebud; 03-25-2017 at 02:44 PM..
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 02:46 PM   #8
Rosebud
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Rosebud
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 1/25/17
Dottie - I'm going to check out Safe Catch Elite. Sounds very close to Wild Planet which I liked.

I see they have Safe Catch in the pouches. That works! Thanks, Dottie.

Last edited by Rosebud; 03-25-2017 at 02:51 PM..
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 03:04 PM   #9
Carly
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Leo- it's great that you have been able to find something that works so well for you! I think our bodies change and adapt all the while, so long term maintenance will probably involve different approaches at different times.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 03:58 PM   #10
Leo41
Senior LCF member

Dottie-
Thanks for the tip about Safe Catch. I will take a look at it, but the description you provide is almost identical to that of Wild Planet. They claim to use tuna with the least mercury--and they've recently introduced BPA-free cans as well.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:13 PM   #11
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/217/not sure 5'7
WOE: IF/NK
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Wild Planet is at my Costco for a muuuuccchh better price than I can find nd anywhere else.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:31 PM   #12
Leo41
Senior LCF member

Gina-
I get it from Amazon with my monthly Subscribe & Save, and it's not only a lower price, but I qualify for another 15% discount on my entire order.

I sometimes buy directly from the Wild Planet website (products not available on Amazon), and they ship free throughout the US.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:17 PM   #13
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
So glad to hear you are doing so great! I just came back from a month long cruise and didn't do quite as good....but the extra weight is gone now.

Love Wild planet tuna, too.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:50 PM   #14
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/217/not sure 5'7
WOE: IF/NK
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Gina-
I get it from Amazon with my monthly Subscribe & Save, and it's not only a lower price, but I qualify for another 15% discount on my entire order.

I sometimes buy directly from the Wild Planet website (products not available on Amazon), and they ship free throughout the US.
Thanks, I'll check that out. We go through the tuna.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:05 PM   #15
Barbo
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/145/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
When summer comes.....

We are on Southern Ca. coast. DH goes fishing and if we are really blessed,
he brings home the tuna. I know how to can it in glass jars with just Meyer lemon, dash of pink salt, fresh ground pepper and Evoo.
It is so good I will be waiting in the window for him to come home.
With the tuna.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:10 AM   #16
Bluebelle
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebelle
Stats: 208/193/150 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 1st, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbo View Post
We are on Southern Ca. coast. DH goes fishing and if we are really blessed,
he brings home the tuna. I know how to can it in glass jars with just Meyer lemon, dash of pink salt, fresh ground pepper and Evoo.
It is so good I will be waiting in the window for him to come home.
With the tuna.
Yum!!