Old 05-18-2017, 10:49 PM   #1
mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down
WOE: exercise and finger crossing
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
FRIDAY'S ROLL CALL, MAY 19

We had some rain, thunder and lightning, no hail here, but high winds have caused power outages in different spots. Sticky day.

I wish it would finally rain in Florida!

Have a peaceful night, friends!

Still biding my time.........
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2017, 08:56 AM   #2
SuSUN
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/142/125 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LCF 02/2002
TGIF to ALL!

I think that mean't more to us when we were all working.

It is a long weekend up here. Victoria Day on Monday... the old British remnants. So lots of tea and cakes and of course Fireworks displays in the evening. A kick off to Summer. Tons of activities all day at the various Parks. I hope to get to the Pipe Band event and the highland dancers. Lots of activities for families and kiddies.

We had a weird storm last night. A completely yellow-golden sky. It was eerie. Lots of thunderbumps and lightening and a good soaking. After a really hot day.
Those poor folks that are still flooded up here, I am sure they would gladly send the rain to Florida. Too much or too little...but we love our planet.

Another day with the dogs and another house inspection to finish off hopefully. The pool was being opened yesterday so couldn't inspect that. Fingers crossed now on the homeward stretch.
DD and DGD are at the show with long days at the ring side. She said they slept better last night so not as tired today so far.

Waving to ALL I hope to check back later...
Old 05-19-2017, 09:28 AM   #3
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: Restart 2/16/14 171/157.4/130, 2/2/15 166.6/163.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Don't think I have ever seen a yellow sky, Susan.

Off to mainland to hand surgeon for another steroid injection at base of thumb. Plus some shopping.

With warmer weather and the dry season approaching, we will need to drive around on the way home as the ferries from the mainland are so full of tourists and the lines so long that it can take 3 hours just to get onto a ferry. So we drive north on the mainland and take two bridges - one to the island north of us and then another across the Deception Pass bridge from that Island to ours.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:22 AM   #4
mykneesareback
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: mykneesareback
Stats: 234/pick any number down
WOE: exercise and finger crossing
Start Date: March 1, 2004 w/dietitian,doctor
Babette, sounds like a pretty drive, but not when you just want to get someplace and home again. When we had to drive the Feather River Canyon highway just for shopping, there were always tourists on the road, stopping suddenly to take pictures, drives locals nuts. Hope the shot helps your thumb and hand a lot!!

Susan, you sure have an extra amount on your plate this time around. Hope the pool inspection goes smoothly.... around here yellow sky means chances of a tornado are higher, it is eerie to see, we had that sky yesterday but the bulk of the storm went 30 miles north. Wind damage . Susan, enjoy the bagpipe shows! My brothers bought records of that when I was young, used to bother my Dad because they played them so loudly! One brother and his wife have finally seen them in person, have to reserve at least a year in advance for those tickets. I mean the ones in Scotland.

Arthritis showing up lately, barometer shows pressure changes. I bought fertilizer but want to wait and see how much rain we get, first.

Good day, friends.

Still biding my time.........

Last edited by mykneesareback; 05-19-2017 at 11:24 AM..
mykneesareback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:10 PM   #5
Loretta V
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Loretta V
Stats: 140/119/120
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: July 2001/ Low Carb Friends 9/2001
Susan, enjoy the Victoria Day celebrations. That sounds similar to our 4th of July. Too bad DD and Ella will miss it.

Rain on and off today. Humidity is up. Garden is doing good and flowers look great also. Stuck in a few Marigold seeds in a pot. Waiting on Caladium bulbs to show their heads. I too need to get out there and fertilize Doris.

How long of a trip is that Begete to get to the mainland. Hope your cupboards are well stocked.

Maintaining 118/122 **** 15 YEARS
WHEREVER YOU ARE - BE ALL THERE!
BarbCO 4-15-2007
OLD WISE ONE
Jezzie 4-23-2012
Loretta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:23 PM   #6
Liblady
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Liblady
Stats: 110 lbs. 4'11
WOE: nothing definite
Start Date: May '11
Lunch out today with good friends. It was a farm to table place, we seem to be getting a lot of those around. I had a portbella mushroom sandwich, with watercress, it was ok. My friends had some sort of watermelon, quinoa thing. We decided we wouldn't go back. Small room and two very loud guys right behind us kind of ruined it. None of us had the balls to ask them to tone it down a bit.

Am thinking our long drought is about over. Rain percentages are really up for the weekend.........alright!

Begete and Doris, speaking of tourists, that's kind of what we go through during the winter. The snowbirds are everywhere and some are not the best drivers. I really notice a change here in the summertime. Most tourists are not in this area, they are over in Orlando at Disney.

Happy Victoria Day Susan. Tea and cakes sounds very British to me. Not something you'd would hear about here. It would be more beer and burgers. ha

Hi to all!
Liblady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:54 PM   #7
modon69478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: modon69478
Stats: 143/136.6/116
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Feb 2010
Hi Everyone,

I took the day off today to help prepare finger sandwiches for a funeral at church. I think everyone was happy with what was provided -- seemed to be just the right amount of stuff.

Tonight, I rest!

Susan, Enjoy Victoria Day -- it sounds like alot of fun!

Waving to all,
Michele
modon69478 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:38 PM   #8
SuSUN
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SuSUN
Stats: 159/142/125 (5'1")
WOE: Moderation
Start Date: LCF 02/2002
Thank You All for you kind wishes regarding our Victoria Day celebrations.
Queen Victoria Day is on Monday. There is no Royal Albert Day unfortunately. Ha!

Loretta, DD and DGD are back on Sunday evening so they won't miss it. The holiday is all across Canada so no matter where they are they would celebrate it with Fireworks and lots of fun activities, a typical holiday.
We also celebrate July 1st with Fireworks and activities as that is our Independence Day. So it is just like your July 4th Loretta.

Oh thank you Doris for explaining that yellow sky. I had never seen one before. Wondered what it was. Yikes on the tornado warning. The weather is all upside down.
Ouch on your arthritis playing up with the pressure rising.

Michele, Yikes you are volunteering again making sandwiches. Hopefully it will be much less work for you. Yes, rest up this evening, enjoy your shows.

Babette, I hope you find some relief from the steroid injection. Too bad about the round about trip to get home.

Ginny, too bad those loud guys spoiled your luncheon. Sounds like the dishes were vegetarian. I sure hope your drought is over too. Those fires sure need some help.

Julie, Is it still smokey up your way?
Old 05-19-2017, 06:51 PM   #9
Begete
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Begete
Stats: Restart 2/16/14 171/157.4/130, 2/2/15 166.6/163.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 2/1/2003 at 199
Decided NOT to get the injection when the surgeon explained that there is a lifetime limit of 3. So I am back in a brace.