Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-21-2017, 11:06 AM   #271
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Good morning everyone....

Woke up to wind and rain. There are high wind warnings for up to 60 MPH wind today. The cocnuts and palm fronds will be flying. We are eating at an outside restaurant this evening. Fortunately there are sliding glass doors and undercover area. We prefer to sit oceanside, but don't think that will work!

PAC..my aunt was diabetic and her craving for sweets was overwhelming. She was type 1 and had to have injections a good part of her life. She was always slender, though! Wish I had inhereted her legs! There is a need, craving or whatever when you are diabetic that I think is almost impossible to overcome. Don't blame yourself!

I see Trig on another low carb site. She is still doing zero carbs.

Had another good day of minmal food yesterday. I'm starving this morning, though Hopefully some of my excess fat will be consumed! The pills for my heart are not helping me shed my extra weight, though. I'm a good ten pounds more than I like to be, but I will just have to bear with it for a while, I guess.

The wind and rain have really picked up as I am writing this. The ocean is really churning. No surfers this morning!

Hooe you can get a run in today, Kris.

Continued prayers GB.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2017, 03:27 PM   #272
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Good morning everyone....

Woke up to wind and rain. There are high wind warnings for up to 60 MPH wind today. The cocnuts and palm fronds will be flying. We are eating at an outside restaurant this evening. Fortunately there are sliding glass doors and undercover area. We prefer to sit oceanside, but don't think that will work!

PAC..my aunt was diabetic and her craving for sweets was overwhelming. She was type 1 and had to have injections a good part of her life. She was always slender, though! Wish I had inhereted her legs! There is a need, craving or whatever when you are diabetic that I think is almost impossible to overcome. Don't blame yourself!

I see Trig on another low carb site. She is still doing zero carbs.

Had another good day of minmal food yesterday. I'm starving this morning, though Hopefully some of my excess fat will be consumed! The pills for my heart are not helping me shed my extra weight, though. I'm a good ten pounds more than I like to be, but I will just have to bear with it for a while, I guess.

The wind and rain have really picked up as I am writing this. The ocean is really churning. No surfers this morning!

Hooe you can get a run in today, Kris.

Continued prayers GB.
Hey SB Thanks for the prayers!

Sounds like you have the life. Must be nice. But from what I have gathered about life, is that no matter what we have. If we live like Trump or someone in Mexico, we all find our places of what we come to know as good.

And for so many of us, it's a little expensive. The guy in Mexico in a cardboard shack may bring home some clams. To them it's special and they feel fortunate to have them.

For you it's restaurants by the ocean. For me, we can't really afford to eat out. But we do take off from time to time for a get away. We eat in our room at the resort. It's enough for us.

Those are some of my musings on life today. So glad you have joined the thread SB. Hi Kris
Hi PAC
Old 01-21-2017, 05:23 PM   #273
schaferk
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
Sorry about the spike PAC. I can only imagine that it is very hard to manage all of that. You face the same vicious circles we do trying to lose a pound but it's more important for you as your health is at risk. Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't even be complaining about my big rear-end because you & GB & others are facing much worse things that you are fighting to fix. I am still lucky in some ways - being relatively healthy (so far) and still able to get out and run even if it isn't helping me drop weight like I want to. I remember my dear Mother having to give herself Insulin shots daily. I can't imagine how she even did it; I guess we all adapt to what we HAVE to do to try to survive. She still died pretty young and I still miss her.

Sometimes GB I can't figure out what makes me happy?? I live a pretty simple life. With the kids grown and us retired we probably could afford to travel to a bunch of places I've always wanted to visit but I still just don't do it. Am I too lazy to plan it all?? I don't know. Just drift along doing the same old thing year after year. Actually stay home a lot more than we used to, not so much hanging around the local breweries eating and drinking like we used to. Been trying new recipes, tonight was sausage, pepperoni, lots of cheese and a tiny bit of pizza sauce all just microwaved on a plate like a pizza with no crust at all. Not a 'new recipe' of course, just a little throw together with few carbs. LOL. It was OK but as I was eating it I was thinking "ya this is low carb but man it's high calorie & fat!!!!" Didn't seem very healthy and I'm sure it wasn't weightloss friendly.

I did research the diet pill. WOW it had a bunch of bad side effects. Now I'm scared to take it too. I had asked my own dr two days ago for appetite depressants cause I don't seem to be able to do it on my own but she refused to give them to me. I'm going to keep trying on my own but I keep backsliding. Nothing has changed.
12 Jan 2017 - 141
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 06:28 PM   #274
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
Sorry about the spike PAC. I can only imagine that it is very hard to manage all of that. You face the same vicious circles we do trying to lose a pound but it's more important for you as your health is at risk. Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't even be complaining about my big rear-end because you & GB & others are facing much worse things that you are fighting to fix. I am still lucky in some ways - being relatively healthy (so far) and still able to get out and run even if it isn't helping me drop weight like I want to. I remember my dear Mother having to give herself Insulin shots daily. I can't imagine how she even did it; I guess we all adapt to what we HAVE to do to try to survive. She still died pretty young and I still miss her.

Sometimes GB I can't figure out what makes me happy?? I live a pretty simple life. With the kids grown and us retired we probably could afford to travel to a bunch of places I've always wanted to visit but I still just don't do it. Am I too lazy to plan it all?? I don't know. Just drift along doing the same old thing year after year. Actually stay home a lot more than we used to, not so much hanging around the local breweries eating and drinking like we used to. Been trying new recipes, tonight was sausage, pepperoni, lots of cheese and a tiny bit of pizza sauce all just microwaved on a plate like a pizza with no crust at all. Not a 'new recipe' of course, just a little throw together with few carbs. LOL. It was OK but as I was eating it I was thinking "ya this is low carb but man it's high calorie & fat!!!!" Didn't seem very healthy and I'm sure it wasn't weightloss friendly.

I did research the diet pill. WOW it had a bunch of bad side effects. Now I'm scared to take it too. I had asked my own dr two days ago for appetite depressants cause I don't seem to be able to do it on my own but she refused to give them to me. I'm going to keep trying on my own but I keep backsliding. Nothing has changed.
Good for your doctor for not giving you legal meth

Well Kris, old King Solomon who was mentioned in prayers at the inauguration had it all so to speak. Fame and fortune. He tried everything he could think of to make life worth while.

Then he would conclude "vanity, vanity, all is vanity and vexation of soul..."

I mean he said that with the real meaning of the words, because he was wise that he could really see the emptiness of most pursuits. they lead no where. So he concludes "fear God and keep His commandments, that's the sum of the matter."

It's not what we want to hear per se. But that's the real bottom line.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:07 PM   #275
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/201/? 5'4"
WOE: reduced carb,IE
Start Date: Restart 1/1/17
Kris, I am not surprised that your doctor would not give you appetite suppressants,. but I'm glad. I believe they are only given to obese patients, those whose weight is severely harming their health. You know that's not you. Those pills would only be a band-aid that would temporary cover up the real issue, and you would end up gaining back anything you lost. You CAN do this!

Seabreezes, Type 1 diabetes is completely different from type 2. It is an autoimmune disease. The body is not working properly. Most are thin because it's so difficult to regulate their blood sugar. The thinness is part of the disease and not always a good thing. Type 2 is usually brought on by poor habits over time and can be prevented. I am not a sweet eater at all. I don't even like a sweet taste. But I am an overeater and always have been. I have to work very hard to overcome it. I can control my blood sugar by limiting carbs, eating small meals and moving more, and really, I feel better when I do that. But the old me who loves to overeat is always sitting on my shoulder telling me, "Go ahead. Eat some more. You can get back on plan tomorrow!" I'd like to shoot that B. LOL It is just something that I have to deal with. Many people have worse things and overall, I'm lucky. I just start feeling sorry for myself sometimes.

I hope you enjoy your dinner out. It sounds so beautiful to be dining like that, watching the ocean, even from inside an enclosure. Very relaxing and romantic. I can't imagine. We have never been to Hawaii, and right now it's the very long flight that's stopping us. I don't know if I could do it.

It's terrible that the meds we have to take to stay alive have such unwanted side effects. One diabetes med I'm on is known to help with weight loss, but the other is known to cause weight gain. Guess which one's winning! LOL And a heart med I'm on is known to cause diabetes. But I need it to keep my heart beating properly. Sometimes I think I will just quit them all and let nature take it's course. I might be surprised. I know GB would say to go to more natural treatments, and I would consider that, but then I think "What if I'm wrong?" So I continue to take the meds and hope for the best. Every morning that I wake up is a gift.

If I had started a year ago I would be at goal today.

No one ever leaves the gym regretting the choice to workout.
PACarolsue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:01 AM   #276
schaferk
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
Yes PAC I guess I'm not surprised either that my doc wouldn't prescribe anything for me. But I have had prescriptions & OTC appetite depressants in the past that really did help and didn't cause me any problems (that I know of). Every few years I like to ask. I'm so tired of yo-yoing with no real progress. Here I am back to square one AGAIN. I do great for a couple weeks and then all it takes is a couple of regular meals and I'm back up. Because I lack control I guess. I went out with the group last night and 3 of them now have had the 'sleeve' weightloss surgery in Tiawana and all are quite successful. They had ONE taco each, 7 or 8 chips and a jumbo margarita. I had only 2 tacos, maybe 10 chips and one beer. Pretty much al I had al day. I don't eat that much more than them but the weight is falling off of all of them. One is already skinnier than me. It's permanent tho, they will never be able to eat a big meal ever again in their lives. It was a tough decision for them. We are all going to Jamaica together this Spring and they won't be able to really enjoy those "vacation buffets".
12 Jan 2017 - 141
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:11 PM   #277
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
There are articles about the change in "gut biome" for people who have WLS and that helps in the weight loss. The surgery is now used to help people with diabetes as it seems to disappear after the surgery, too.

There is so much that goes on with the human body...I've decided it is almost impossible to out guess it!

My wieght went up after the past 3 days. I had virtually no carbs and only ate half of the 2 meals we had out - cobb salad for one dinner and prime rib with sautéed spinach for the other. The meds are really playing havoc with my system. UGH! It's actually a bit scary. I talk to my doctor later in the week after more blood tests.

A beautiful day here after 3 days of devastating winds.

Take care....PAC, GB and Schaferk

Last edited by Seabreezes; 01-23-2017 at 12:13 PM..
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote