Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-23-2017, 05:47 AM   #331
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/161/155 -145
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Babs- good luck with the running class, I tried one of those couch to 5k classes once years ago and hated every minute of it! I think I'm missing that gene that makes some people love running so much!

Phoenix- I would not recommend the home gym unless you are very disciplined with working out on your own. Yes you use your own body weight and it also has resistance bands on it. Going to start it back up tonight and aim to do it 5-6 days a week. I think crossfit can also be done on your own but I've never looked into, I don't have a tire or anything to climb in my back yard hope you had a good dd yesterday!

Up another lb from yesterday making me up 4 lbs for the weekend obviously eating without counting calories doesn't work for me with keto either! I did skip breakfast yesterday but did not make sure it was an md Going to count cals this week and lower them from 2100 to 1800. so anywho today is a dd and is also the last time I'm weighing myself till Saturday. I may actually have to have my DH hide the scale so my compulsion doesn't win! If I don't see 159 by then I know I won't see it this month, I'll be drinking wine Saturday night at the wine and paint place. Going to try to find a good low carb red wine ( any suggestions?)though so hopefully I won't gain 3-4 lbs that alcohol usually does to me. Pictures and measurements will happen tonight and then again a month from today to see if I make any progress. Let's do this!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 01-23-2017 at 05:49 AM..
Vlo1125 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2017, 06:50 AM   #332
GME
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/199/not sure 5'7
WOE: IF/LC
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
Gina- It is a track running class I am taking through the winter. It is based on the idea of how to run faster effortlessly. So far it seems to require a bit of effort but I am enjoying having some indoor running during the colder winter months. I have heard of chi running but not sure this class teaches the same principles. Are you still running?
Yes, but not as much as I used to. My running buddy is injured, which doesn't mean I can't run of course, but somehow it works out that way.

Chi running is a lot like Pose or some other methonds. Lean forward at the ankles, relax, fore to mid foot landing, small steps and quick turnover.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:57 AM   #333
phoenix17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: 209/181.8/150
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Vlo- low carb wine? I didn't know they even made such a thing. Just don't go for any sweet wines- they definitely have more carbs/sugar. The best no carb drink to have would be something like vodka and club soda with lemon. My go-to drink that is not wine . But it sounds like this is just wine and paint? sounds like fun!!

My DD ended up a little higher than I wanted. I realize I have been typing that very statement way too much. I had some progressive light soup for dinner which helped to warm me up but I was so hungry still in the evening I ended up having a yogurt too. So that put me just over 500. I guess it could have been worse and I also got in about 16K steps through the day so that helped to balance I think. I really dislike DDs on the weekends but I am happy that I was successful.
I thought for sure I would see a drop on the scale today but I didn't. My new scale was delivered but I sort of forgot about it and didn't take it out of the box- will have to do that this week because I am hoping the old scale is broken!! I'm wearing an old pair of jeans today that are really loose on me so I really don't think I've regained the weight that the scale says. grumble grumble grumble.

Today is an UD of course and it seems weird to have a Monday UD!!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:20 AM   #334
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Phoenix- I saw a wine suggested on a keto group I'm in called our daily red and it's has 2 carbs per glass. But yes anything dry is lower carb and of course I'm a moscato and Riesling girl it's a BYOW paint class, though I wonder if they care if I just brought my own mixed drink ? I have had good weigh ins if I stick to Diet Coke and rums before. Well even if you went over a bit a dd is a dd! You're doing EOD now right? I just might have to go back to it because i can't seem to get my calories lower on ud I started calculating what I'll be eating tomorrow and I'm at 2050 cals 20 net carbs and that's 3 meals no snacks. I think I just like calorically dense foods and make too many at a time. I feel like if try to stick to more basic meals for at least 2 meals a day I'd have better control of the calories. Sigh gonna adjust the lunch to see if I can get it lower!

Carly- I stepped outside today and thought poor Carly! It's freezing with that wind today! Stay warm!
Old 01-23-2017, 08:43 AM   #335
Kissa
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 69
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Waving to everyone, not posting much as still feeling under the weather. Darn cold, nearly 6 weeks now.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:14 AM   #336
taramisu
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: taramisu
Stats: 282/206/180
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: April 7, 2015
Running class sounds interesting! Running is my preferred form of exercise, though it doesn't seem to be helping me lose weight right now (more to do with my eating than anything mysterious). At this point I can run about 35 minutes at a slow pace, then usually do a 5-10 minute walk, then another 5 minutes of running. Still learning how to think of food as fuel in order to keep the resulting hunger from sabotaging my calorie budget for the day.

A little frustrated this morning as I tried really hard to be good and work out this weekend, and still the scale jumped up 2 pounds. It'll probably disappear in the next few days, but... jeesh. In the last 9 days the scale has gone up 6 pounds and I don't really understand why. I didn't expect the number to get SMALLER, just because the previous weekend did involve a lot of food, but I've been running like crazy and sticking to JUDDD very well since then... and I don't think it's anything to do with gaining muscle or anything; I've been running for six months so that'd be pretty sudden. Sigh. I'm hanging in, just feeling low as I watch people around me having consistent losses every week... I hate that I have even an inkling of jealousy about these things, but I guess it's human.
tara ¤

My Journal

Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times—if one only remembers to turn on the light. ~ Albus Dumbledore

Last edited by taramisu; 01-23-2017 at 10:15 AM..
taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 10:36 AM   #337
phoenix17
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramisu View Post
A little frustrated this morning as I tried really hard to be good and work out this weekend, and still the scale jumped up 2 pounds. It'll probably disappear in the next few days, but... jeesh. In the last 9 days the scale has gone up 6 pounds and I don't really understand why. I didn't expect the number to get SMALLER, just because the previous weekend did involve a lot of food, but I've been running like crazy and sticking to JUDDD very well since then... and I don't think it's anything to do with gaining muscle or anything; I've been running for six months so that'd be pretty sudden. Sigh. I'm hanging in, just feeling low as I watch people around me having consistent losses every week... I hate that I have even an inkling of jealousy about these things, but I guess it's human.
I know this doesn't necessarily help you feel better Tara but I am in the same boat. The scale has been inching UP despite being good about foods and counting. I keep thinking - ok maybe I'm not being as good as I think I am, but I know for sure I am not being WORSE than I have been when I've seen losses so... IDK but I share in your frustration. Also just an observation that I have read/heard other people making similar statements lately so maybe winter does it to us!

Vlo- I curious about the wine so I looked it up carbs in wine in general and it looks like most red wines are listed as varying between 2-4 g carbs/serving but the serving size varies quite a lot too! I bet you are safe with any dry wine (red or white). Sparkling wines/champagne tend to be lower in carbs- just make sure to get the brut sparkling of course! Since its BYOB I don't see why you couldn't just bring what you want...

Kissa that sounds odd to be sick for 6 weeks- are you sure it isn't an allergy?

The ladies at work are talking about what fancy clothes they are wearing to our party on Friday. Grumble grumble grumble. I may need to do some shopping.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:04 AM   #338
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Tara- expecting weight loss from excercise is always the quickest way to disappoint myself. Doesn't mean you should stop but it is frustrating when your hard work is unrewarded! Im going to add workouts back in this week but am going to start measuring to keep track and not rely on the scale so much. Maybe tracking measurements will help you too! maybe the extra weight was from last weekend and is just showing up now, I've had weird upticks that make no sense too and they suck! Keep on doing it girl it'll come off!

Phoenix- maybe some sparkling champagne.....is it weird I'm wondering how stevia will taste in wine seriously I hate dry bitter wines so what if I sweeten it up a bit? Yay for dress shopping pick something cute

Ok so re-reading my chat posts the last couple months and I am exactly where I've been since late October so far keto isn't getting me any closer to goal, it did get rid of my 9 lb holiday gain so it's not for nothing. However I was bouncing the same 4 lbs on much higher carbs the last few months ( I think I was consistently in the 100 gm range) this will be my 4th and last week on keto. I will be experimenting with lower cals this week too however. Debating on doing 5 days of stillmans starting next Monday since that too is VLC and being keto already is a good segway......BUT my sons bday party is that weekend and I remember getting quite sick after eating fats after stillmans , like stuck on the toilet sick and I don't want that to happen on my sons bday......I may chance it or do m-th stillmans and Friday do keto so if I do get sick it's that day before. As for calories this week I'm aiming for it to look like this:

Mon- 100
Tues- 1900
Wed- 317 ( going to have a protein shake before practice)
Thu- 1900
Fri- 100
Sat- 1900
Sun- 1000 ( dinner only)

7217 calories over the week, average of 1031 calories per day. Blah I hate counting calories
Old 01-23-2017, 12:43 PM   #339
phoenix17
Senior LCF Member

Ms Vlo if I was over in your neck of the woods I would find you and slap your hand if you try to put Stevia in your wine! I think you should just pack up mixed drinks. You can easily put a little rum or vodka in an empty water bottle and bring a bottle of a mixer of your choice. If they are not selling/serving I don't THINK that is a problem but I do seem to remember NJ having some whacko alcohol laws for their establishments so you might want to give them a buzz and make sure it is no big deal if you bring in liquor rather than wine. Also you can find some nice fruity white wines that don't taste so dry.. like a pinot grigio or pinot blanc.

How about Vodka in Crystal Light (or other) drink mix? that way you can pre-mix the whole thing at home since there is no carbonation?

Geesh talking cocktails is obviously a happy topic for me huh? I have stayed away from the wine all weekend which is another reason I expected to see a drop on the scale today so .
Old 01-23-2017, 12:46 PM   #340
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/135.9/125 5'2" 40yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post

Carly- I stepped outside today and thought poor Carly! It's freezing with that wind today! Stay warm!
I took the Shuttle from GSC to Times Square, because I almost froze to death walking to Metro North this morning and waiting for the train at 5:45am. At 12;30pm I went out for my walk. I walked 2 blocks, turned around and came back in.

It's not just cold... I think it's the "rawness". Must be a combo of the wind and dampness. NOT a fan!!!!

I may take the Shuttle back to GCS terminal, but as of this minute I'm going to try and walk it.

It doesn't help that TOM is kicking my butt. I restarted the BCP last night so hoping that will cut this round short This whole TOM thing is absurd, but DW is quite smug since she didn't think I should have stopped it just because it it was making me a ravenous animal.

I think if the crazy hunger comes back I'll try the slim fast program for a couple weeks. That way each day will have about 900 calories and I won't need to contend with the agony and potential failure of DDs, but also hopeful the crazy hungries won't come back.

I stayed off the scale this weekend, but will take a peek tonight. I'm so bloated, so I think I will NOT be happy.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:19 PM   #341
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Carly- I was dreading going out to pick up my DD from school today! It my dd and I am freezing and I may have on purpose called her school and told them I was running late so that I didn't have to park my car and walk the long way to pick her up vs just picking her up at the front. I'm not ashamed it's too cold today! I think it's a good idea to try something else while you figure out the whole BCP thing, at 900 cals a day your kinda doing the dr Mosley thing right? Also remember stillmans there are no calorie limits it's just eat protein till full , low fat , low carb. Can't wait to give it a go again i had good results that first time I did it!

Phoenix- (backs away slowly while hiding stevia behind me) I've never done it but now that I thought of it I'm curious! It's blasphemy but I might just try it and see! Yes nj does have weird liquor laws, in IL I could pick up a bottle of wine at the grocery store, here it's separate you can only buy at the liquor store.....bizarre! Idk think I'm going to just stick with 1 bottle of wine and share with my friends , that way I'm only have a glass or 2 and not getting carried away!

Sigh only 6 more hours till bed time, yes it's one of those days I want to go to bed and get this day over with already! Ud tomorrow going to have a spinach chorizo goat cheese omelette for breakfast, lunch will be some polish kielbasa and cucumbers with spinach artichoke dip and dinner is a going to be Peruvian chicken( been marinating since yesterday) that I will make in the pressure cooker with some cauliflower mash. I can't wait! Oh and dessert will be chocolate coconut chia pudding! FOOD!!!!! can you tell it's a dd?!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 01-23-2017 at 02:21 PM..
Old 01-23-2017, 02:23 PM   #342
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
So sorry Carly. I'm up about 10 pounds in the past month due to the meds I am on. I am not a happy camper, either. However, I do not have the choice of just quitting. They are making me feel so much better. Fortunately I keep several sizes of clothes around!

The doctor said as my health improves the weight should start to drop. I hope she is correct. I hate to take pills...but there do seem to be ones out there that actually help!

I feel your pain, though. At least they do not make me hungry. I should have gone down considering the amount I ate this past weekend. Instead I am up to a high I haven't seen in years.

Wish I could send you some of our sun!

Hope you get to feeling better, Kissa. The cold has gone on for much too long.

Slow..are your hands better?

Happy JUDDDing to everyone.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:41 PM   #343
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Sea breeze- hope you have a whoosh soon!

Kissa- I didn't see your post! Feel better soon! It's probably 2 bugs you caught one after the other.....same thing is happening to me I just got over a bad cough, had a few cough free days and now I seem to have picked up a new cough

Anyone on here ever try a the fasicia blaster? I'm very curious to see if it works as advertised...... my biggest complaint right now is cellulite and skin sagging and if t helps those two things I may have to start it.....
Old 01-23-2017, 03:15 PM   #344
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 69
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Thanks everyone for your concern, lots of us suffering one way and another just now. I am sure this is just one long continuous cold, nothing serious but so draining. I think I may have turned a corner, but still not there.

Take care of yourselves lovely peeps.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:47 PM   #345
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/100-108
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
Slow- what vegetables are you putting up at this time of year?
It's mostly fermented items while the vegetables and good and sweet (with the temperature drop) and before they become woody:
sauerkraut (red and green);
cauliflower (various mixes), plain lacto-ferment (just to preserve without freezing), and a Nepalese one called gundruk (to use up all of the leaves) - and is an interesting mix of something that is wilted, fermented, dried, and then used to cook;
saueruben (turnip);
brussel sprouts;
carrots;
parsnips
various squash (butternut and acorn).

I don't think I'll be up to putting up any marmalade (which is a shame) unless my hands stage a lightning recovery before the appropriate oranges disappear from the shops.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote