Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-30-2017, 09:26 AM   #391
phoenix17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Frosty- good luck with the elimination diet. when I tried it I didn't get the results I expected but was surprised by other results (ie: too much dairy gives me heartburn). I keep thinking to try it again because of some suspected sensitivities. I hope you keep us posted.

Vlo- I was checking out the hungry girl website and came across a posting for a lower cal/sugar/carb wine so I thought of you!! Called FitVine. It comes in three types apparently and the review said it was also a bit light on flavor but if you don't mind that it was around 100 cal for a 5 oz serving I think. Also they mentioned these Flapjacked gluten free muffin mixes and thought of your daughter. you can get them in little individual cups so you don't have to make a whole batch. not sure of the cost but thought that could be convenient for snacks for her.
Also I am sure your 5.2 lb jump was from the rum. I know I always have a big jump after a night of alcohol - they say the hangover is from dehydration but I do think it also causes the inflammation you noted. I bet it comes right off as your body recovers.

I was not so good with what I was eating over the weekend and I am paying for it today, feeling a bit more hungry than usual. hate that.
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2017, 09:59 AM   #392
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/183/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Dashing in to say "Hi!" Had an eight-day high maintenance guest and am now painting my house (exterior). All well. Back soon! :-)
Old 01-30-2017, 10:03 AM   #393
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post
Ailuros- I agree to stop trying to make it happen if it's just not right for you. Especially if you are relatively happy as your are, no need to force it!
Thanks. As for relatively happy where I am ó well, Iíd definitely like to be lighter, but my rational mind knows that at this point itís not worth feeling horrible for. Iím stuck wearing the same trousers all the time because I donít want to buy any more at this size and the main part of my wardrobe is just a bit too tight at the moment!
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:40 AM   #394
Kissa
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 69
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Have you read the 8WBSD Ailuros? It might be a short term option, as small as you are you wouldn't need 8 weeks

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:53 AM   #395
SlimNana
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SlimNana
Stats: 165/160/140
WOE: IF 4:3 16/8 & NK
Start Date: 1/7/17 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Have you read the 8WBSD Ailuros? It might be a short term option, as small as you are you wouldn't need 8 weeks

Cindy, Can you briefly summarize the food plan for 8WBSD? Does Mosley break it down into macros? I'm finding NK too much fat for my digestion.

SlimNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:53 AM   #396
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

I had a look at the web-site the other day. I should probably get the ebook and check out the details.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:24 PM   #397
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/100-108
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Very interesting write-up of the benefits of fermented food being trailed in the run-up to the broadcast of BBC's Trust Me, I'm A Doctor this Wednesday.

I'm so pleased about this as I'm acquainted with the people who supplied the home fermented products.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38800977?SThisFB
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:54 AM   #398
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Iíve been skimming the book. The food is pretty much what I want to eat anyway ó apart from their fondness for apple juice. Iím not going to count calories for a little while at least. Iím just going to eat good food three times a day and see how it goes.

By ďgoodĒ I mean fairly free with the fat, not excessive on the carbs, include beans &c. And Iíd like to be more consistent about including fermented foods. Time to feed my poor sick kefir grains again. And my sourdough starter. And then to start chopping cabbage & the rest.

Iíll probably end up on that sort of regimen, maybe combined with 5:2 to buy me a bit more leeway for the weekend.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:54 AM   #399
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.4/125 5'2" 40yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Hi all! Just a quick post to say I'm here. Doing EOD, but feeling both diet fatigue and physical fatigue. On work days I get up no later than 4:20am, but often earlier and even though I usually go to bed by 9:30pm I'm just plain tired. I'm also just sick of the cold dark days. They really effect me in a way I'm not thrilled with.

I do have a follow up with the OBGYN on 2/13. The pill is still making me very hungry, so really need to discuss other options.

Just going to keep putting one foot in front of the other for now.

Have I ever mentioned that I'd like to be a "kept" woman? Oy!

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 06:19 AM   #400
Kissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimNana View Post
Cindy, Can you briefly summarize the food plan for 8WBSD? Does Mosley break it down into macros? I'm finding NK too much fat for my digestion.

The principles are very simple. He doesn't break it into macros at all, and it is low carb, not no carb. No grains, sugar, rice, potatoes. Some beans/lentils. No tropical fruits. Higher fat products, i.e. yoghurt, cheese. Care with veg grown underground except celeriac, beetroot and a couple of others. Lots of colourful veg, some nuts and seeds.

But 800 carries a day.

There is also a 5:2 option where you do 800 calories for five days and simply follow the principles on the other two. Have a look at his website.

Ailuros I like your plan. I really need to get in more fermented food too.

Carly I am sorry you are feeling so low. Winters are hard. I can't imagine being up so early every day, is that so that you can include your walk? Have you considered taking it easy on yourself in the winter and cherishing yourself a little? I know you try to get in a lot of walking but sometimes our bodies thank us for a break. Just my thoughts. I am sure you have already given these things your consideration.

Well after my ridiculous drop in weight I made a point of eating more yesterday. I was pleased to be up over a pound. Who'd have thought I would ever write that.

Last edited by Kissa; 01-31-2017 at 06:20 AM..
Old 01-31-2017, 06:50 AM   #401
Babsbabs
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: 205/155/140
The 8WBSD sounds interesting. I plan to read the ebook soon as it is always great to have some new ideas. I am happy right now with eating whatever looks good on UD's but i think I should start looking at my nutrition a bit more too.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:09 AM   #402
phoenix17
Senior LCF Member

Portia - good to hear from you! I was wondering what you were up to.

Carly- I agree with Kissa! sometimes you just need to cut yourself some slack. And bring up that constant tiredness with the doc. Maybe you are low on B or D vitamin and could use a shot or something. You never know, it could be a simple fix.

Kissa- that's pretty awesome that you actually wanted to gain a pound!!!

I had the weirdest night of sleep. Not only was I having very odd dreams but in the early morning hours my dog woke me up with some crazy barking - which of course compelled me to search the house. Must be he was having weird dreams too. Then I had trouble falling back to sleep followed by even MORE weird dreams including waking myself up totally convinced someone was standing downstairs and just called out my mothers name. How weird is that??? UGH. I was almost glad the alarm went off.

I'm on day 2 of my 8wbsd/juddd experiment and it hasn't been difficult of course considering yesterday would have been a DD normally. I am headed out to lunch with a co-worker though so I will have to convince her to go for thai I think - it is easier to order food there. A fresh roll (75 cal) and some soup (150 if I don't eat the noodles!). Tonight I am planning to cook some chicken in my InstaPot and I'm looking forward to it - I love that thing.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:15 AM   #403
Babsbabs
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: 205/155/140
Pheonix17- that is a weird dream and would have totally woken me up!

Slow- I take the supplement D-Ribose as it helps me sleep better and keeps me from having any menopause issues like hot flashes etc. I know someone who also takes it as it is helping him function better after a rather serious concussion. Not sure if it would be at all helpful for you but thought I would mention it just in case you were interested in looking into it.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:18 AM   #404
imoksoami
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: imoksoami
Stats: 264/225/209
WOE: LC, OMAD, JUDDD
Start Date: 10-15-2016
Carly-
Have you researched 'seasonal affective disorder'. Many years ago I knew someone who had it and at the time I didn't think it was a 'thing'. I think more research has been done on it now. It is on the Web MD site.

10-15-2016 264 / 11-01-2016 249 / 11-15-2016 248 / 12-01-2016 240 / 1-1-2017 239 / 2-1-2017 232 / 3-1-2017 224

6-10-2017 210 < Goal
imoksoami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 07:41 AM   #405
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: FrostyBeav
Stats: 231/217/160
WOE: EOD JUDDD
Start Date: 9/25/16
When I saw the ortho, he prescribed a pain med that was new to me (Tramadol). I have had trouble sleeping because of my shoulder pain and these were supposed to tide me over until the operation. I don't like taking opiates so have only taken it twice, once last weekend and then yesterday afternoon.

Both times, I have had a lot of trouble falling asleep and then when I do fall asleep, I alternate between crazy dreams and waking up every 20 minutes or so. I think I got about 3 hours of actual sleep last night. I was wide awake until after 1 am so I ended up coming in late to work because there was no way I was getting up at 4 am like normal. The weird thing is that I took the meds at 4 pm and went to bed at 9, so you would think they would be wearing off by then. I need to call later this morning to see what the hangup is on scheduling my surgery and then call the ortho to get the meds changed if it still going to be awhile.

Speaking of crazy dreams, I dreamed that the girl I dated 30+ years ago was in a grade Z, no budget horror film at the time and I had a tiny, unpaid part in as a favor to her. Fast forward to now and the insurance company was holding up my surgery because they wanted to verify with all of my old employers that I wasn't injured on the job. The hold up was that they couldn't find the sketchy director of that film so the insurance company was trying to claim that I injured my shoulder during filming and the director would have to pay for it if we could find him.

Drugs are bad, mkay?
Old 01-31-2017, 07:58 AM   #406
phoenix17
Senior LCF Member

OMG Frosty I'm totally cracking up over your dream!!!!!!

Both me and my Mom don't react well to pain killers, especially the opiates -they either don't work on us or, in my mom's case, cause hallucinations and paranoia. No Bueno. Maybe good ol' Tylenol in megadoses will be your friend.

BTW, what was your part in the dream movie?
Old 01-31-2017, 08:17 AM   #407
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix17 View Post
BTW, what was your part in the dream movie?
That part is hazy bu I think I tried to save her from the bad guy. That's probably where I hurt my shoulder.

Tylenol does absolutely nothing for me. I have been prescribed it a few times over the years and it does nothing. I think maybe I don't metabolize it or something. I might as well take sugar pills. Ibuprofen is my usual go to NSAID but both it and naproxen (Aleve) haven't touched the shoulder pain. It's getting frustrating.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:24 AM   #408
phoenix17
Senior LCF Member

Frosty - you might laugh at this but I know people that have used acupuncture to help with chronic pain. I suppose it might be pointless for you to try that if your surgery is soon but if you have to wait a while, might be worth a try?
Old 01-31-2017, 08:38 AM   #409
KALEE
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KALEE
I am so tired it is hard to stay awake at work. Retaining water again so went back on my water pills. 780 cal yesterday. Will not weigh in until saturday AM to see how the modified BSD is working. Hopefully by then the swelling will be gone in my ankles
KALEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:40 AM   #410
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.4/125 5'2" 40yrs Size 20/4P
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imoksoami View Post
Carly-
Have you researched 'seasonal affective disorder'. Many years ago I knew someone who had it and at the time I didn't think it was a 'thing'. I think more research has been done on it now. It is on the Web MD site.
I was actually diagnoses with SAD in the late 80's or early 90's. I use a light in the mornings when I wake up. Not sure it helps that much, but, yes, that is why I respond so poorly to this time of year. I HATE it!!!! From mid- October through March, all I want is April to hurry up and get here.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 08:42 AM   #411
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

I live out in the sticks so there isn't anyone within a two hour drive that does acupuncture so that's probably out.

I will say that one of the downsides to pain relief is that my shoulder and arm will actually hurt more after it wears off, probably because I move it past where it should be moved (or put more pressure on it) when it isn't hurting. That's why I try to just grin and bear it most of the times. I just get tired of it sometimes and need a break.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:58 PM   #412
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy&Healthy
Stats: Too much/better/best
WOE: JUDDD/4:3/Fung
Start Date: November 2016
Hi everyone,

Frosty: you cracked me up with your dream!

Carly: looks like a trip to Florida is in order

Phoenix: I hate it when i get scared in the middle of the night! The instant pot is amaaaazing, I love mine!

Kissa: I can't imagine trying to put ON weight! Good for you.

Just dropping in to say hi. We are having our roof replaced and it seems that they hit something causing a major power surge in the house. The surge protectors worked but they all burned out. Everything appears to be in working order except the oven and one of the larger light fixtures. We were going to replace both anyway but still a bummer that we have to do it now since the roof is an expensive proposition.

Still sticking to the rotations but it looks like I am deep in stallsville. I am still bouncing around the same dang three pounds. Grrrrrrrr......
Happy&Healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 04:18 AM   #413
Kissa

Oh dear, it never rains but what it pours, hey?

Old 02-01-2017, 05:56 AM   #414
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/164/155 -145
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Happy- stallsville is the worst! Been there for months I need a vacation and homeownership, sigh so much money for repairs!

Frosty- crazy drug induced dream!

Carly- sorry about the SAD!

Kalee- can't wait to see the results!

Phoenix- omg talk about a nightmare that would have freaked me out no wonder you had poor sleep! I'm also looking forward to hearing how this experiment goes for you. I see kissa says dr Mosley has a 5:2 version of it so it looks like that's what you are doing.

Kissa- thanks for explaining the 8wbsd! Omg so wild you had to try to put on weight! who'd of thunk?!

Portia, Babbs,Imoksoami

So I've done something different the last 2 days......I've been doing a 20/4 with 1205 calories per day. So sorta OMAD but not cause I fast till about 5-5:30, eat dinner and then have some snacks 2 hours later. I'm sticking to macros 20 net carbs, 90g protein, 85g fat. My friend who does keto thinks that my 4:3 might be the reason keto isn't really doing anything for me, because on my ud I'm going way over in fat and protein. Idk it's a theory and one I'm willing to entertain this week and try something new. So I'm fasting everyday but eating dinner, feels similar to my old 500 calorie dd's except much more satisfying with double the calories. One thing is clear , I could never go back to CICO and spread 1200 a day into 3 meals, how miserable! It has been nice not going to bed hungry the last 2 days and I'm down 3 out of the nearly 6 lb gain from this weekend. I'm sure it'd be gone much quicker with adf but I'm ok with it for now. It has also helped me understand how to do a MD successfully, for me I can do an MD if it's OMAD, good to know and useful for when I return to my 4:3. Going to finish my week out this way, though I may do a regular dd Friday since the next day is my sons party and I'll most likely induldge. Then come Sunday idk if I'll continue or go back to my 4:3? we'll see. My DH says he wants to try keto( again ) after my sons bday so I'll be having to cook and meal prep for him daily and it might be easier to continue the 20/4 so I can have dinner with him every night. Idk just depends on how it goes this week. I'm back to weighing daily because measurements and exercise hasn't started yet and until it does I have to keep track somehow. That will also start next week and once it does I hope to back off the scale again. I'm still at some point going to try the stillmans/PSMF but I'll wait till my DH is settled into keto.

Anywho not diet related I'm super stressed we are going to owe taxes this year because of our rental income. We've always done our taxes online ourselves and when my DH plugged everything in it looks like we'll owe a ton this year sigh, we're going to have to go to a professional to make sure we are doing it right, I hope there's a mistake somewhere!

Last edited by Vlo1125; 02-01-2017 at 06:00 AM..
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:40 AM   #415
phoenix17
Senior LCF Member

Hey all!
H&H bummer on the stall but you will get it moving again. its your body readjusting. Is there no liability for your power surge with the contractors? seems wrong that you are responsible for that cost. you have, however, convinced me to use my surge protectors!

Carly- have you considered bringing your SAD light in to work? when I lived in Seattle that was a popular thing to do and I have seen a few people here in the northeast do the same.

Vlo- sounds like a good plan you are trying. I'll be watching your progress also! maybe we need to give these experiments a good 2 weeks to see if they will work. I'm thinking at least a month actually. Total bummer on the taxes- I always put off doing mine and this year I don't know what to expect either. Do you use Turbotax?

Today is only Day 3 of my experiment. I am doing 5 days of restriction and weekends off but I think the 5:2 from Moseley's plan was the opposite- 2 days of restriction and 5 days of "normal" but maybe I'm wrong. I am down about 2-2.5 lbs since Monday weigh-in but I knew I'd be dropping a lot of water weight fast. I'm feeling good on it but I still wonder how I will feel by Friday with 5 days of calorie restriction. I stopped at the store yesterday and stupidly picked up a few treats to satisfy my sweet tooth which is stupid because I will never get over it if I keep feeding it!!! But that aside I have to note that I tried those Fiber One peanut butter brownies (90 cal each) and they were pretty tasty. I also found a low calorie ice cream called Halo that was under 300 calories for the ENTIRE pint- I haven't tried it yet but very curious how this will taste. It uses erythritol for a sweetener. I'm not a big fan of those weight watcher frozen treats so I'm not hopeful but I was shopping hungry (tsk tsk) and it was an impulse buy.

I am working at home today because of snow (although we didn't actually get that much but whatever) and the pup is bugging me to go out so I guess I'm going to shovel. fun fun.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:33 AM   #416
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Phoenix - so funny I just bought halo top yesterday too! Shop rite has them on sale this week for $2.88 , I'm not willling to pay the regular $5! But for that price gave it a shot. I bought chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry and you know what? I think they taste just like regular ice cream! So then I thought, must be cause it's been so long since I've had the regular stuff right? So I gave some to my picky DD and she ate it without complaint! So now I know it's good and it's a great option for her to keep her calories down! The strawberry is to die for 1/2 cup is 60 calories, 2 fat , 4 net carbs. As long as I can get them under $3 a pint I'd buy them again. I also just saw someone post on my keto group that Costco has a 4 pack of vanilla for $11.99. There is a 5:2 that's only 2 days of fasting as well but kissa posted this: There is also a 5:2 option where you do 800 calories for five days and simply follow the principles on the other two. Have a look at his website. which looks to be what you are attempting. We use tax act cause it's cheaper than turbo tax but looks like we're going to have to pay to have someone do them this year to figure out how to make us owe the least possible

So what I'm doing is pretty much a fast 5 with a calorie limit , sounds better than calling it a 20/4 and your right Phoenix giving new things a proper trial before quiting them is best. I may give this a month as long as I don't notice any binge tendencies return.

Last edited by Vlo1125; 02-01-2017 at 07:35 AM..
Old 02-01-2017, 07:34 AM   #417
Kissa

Phoenix on Moseley's original 5:2 it was that way, but I think, off the top my head, in the 8WBSD he suggests it the way you are doing it.

Vlo, I am sorry about the tax, very upsetting, hopefully all will work itself out well for you. I find I am doing 'Fast five' more and more often, just by chance.

Old 02-01-2017, 07:43 AM   #418
FrostyBeav
Major LCF Poster!

Alright, alright - it's February - move along.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/sh...d.php?t=886312
Old 02-01-2017, 07:48 AM   #419
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Frosty okay okay!