Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 01-11-2017, 07:35 AM   #181
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Which time?
Another oldie here trying to get back in the groove of my M/W/F DD, Sunday MD routine. I began 18/6 fasting back in the summer and managed to lose 10 lbs. over several months. Of course, with the holidays that schedule was hit or miss. When I weighed Monday to get a number for the calculator, I was utterly shocked to see I had kept those pounds off, and have gone down two more since beginning JUDDD on Monday. I'm hoping having done the 18/6 fasting will help with JUDDD this umpteenth time around. Having the creeping crud that is going around also helps the appetite at bay.

Carly - hope you're feeling better.

Kissa, SlowSure, and all the other oldies. Hope I can make JUDDD stick this time.

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2017, 10:25 AM   #182
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Happy Hump Day everyone!

Rosey your plan is something that I am also trying out in the new year - the MWF DD, the T-Th kind of MD and then weekend UD.
It worked out very well for me last week, dropping at least 3 lbs of my holiday weight (probably more but I didn't weigh on that 1st day back on plan) but for some reason I had an uptick after my Friday DD and it has stayed. I don't understand it. I'll stick with this plan at least through the end of January though- my weight has not budged much in the last few months so I hope this does the trick.

Kissa you are sick also? Yuck. Has anyone heard from Barbo? It's been a few days since she's posted and she was on 5 inhalers.

Today's DD seems normal so far so I'm hoping my extreme hunger was satiated with yesterdays UD. Its also a lot warmer today (50s!!! after single digits just 2 days ago) so I wonder if that has an effect too. The warmer temps make me want spring and longer days. Maybe that is why I am feeling a little bit of cabin fever. I feel that I am stuck in a bit of a rut with my routine (walk dog, work, feed dog, sometimes feed me, repeat). Not really sure what to do to break things up a little. I am considering joining a gym again but I really hate gyms - not the exercise part but the atmosphere and the soccer mom cliques (sorry for the cliche for you soccer moms out there but it is a suitable descriptive term) that make me feel excluded. I always join these gyms so gung-ho and then I find that I dread going. I need to find a work out buddy. The only time I have successfully and happily used a gym membership was when I had a couple of friends that used to go at the same time as me. Even though we didn't talk during our work outs, it somehow made it more motivating to go or something. Other than that the only thing I can think of to shake things up a little is to start that on-line dating. I wonder how many times I will mention it here before I actually do it?
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:38 AM   #183
Babsbabs
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: 205/155/140
WOE: JUDDD
Hello to the returning JUDDD people I am newly back too and it is nice to have company.

Hope you feel better soon Cindy, agreed on waiting a bit to go to the gym. It is not fun to work out when you are sick too.

Hope you have a good DD phoenix17!
Old 01-11-2017, 10:51 AM   #184
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vlo1125
Stats: 263/167/155
WOE: Primal w/ JUDDD
Start Date: 2013
Phoenix- maybe you can try a new workout DVD at home? For some reason it's easier for me to do that then go to a gym too. As for online dating go for it, why not ? Life is too short not to try to reach for happiness now!

Vanilla , Rosey, and Lili back! You all know juddd works if you stick to it , I'll be here cheering you on!

Nanu- google fathead pizza, it's basically a LC pizza crust made of cheese and almond flour that everyone raves over!

everyone else!

So far with doing keto I've noticed my ud upticks are not as big as before. They've been .4- 1.4 vs 2.5- 4, which helps make my dd's count for a bit more. I did go a bit higher yesterday at 30 net because I ate more veggies instead of the fathead pizza I made a zucchini crust carbs were a little bit higher but I had all the ingredients. It made a decent crust and I would use it again. I ate half the pizza so I still have 4 slices to eat tomorrow. I think these would also make decent taco shells if made smaller.

So I weighed my DD the other day and she weighed 94 lbs , at her physical exactly 1 year ago she weighed 74 lbs, she's gained 20 lbs in 1 year. The average 8 year old weighs 50-60 lbs. I don't want this for her, sigh. going to have to quietly make changes, last couple days I've weighed out the potato chips I put in her lunch, I no longer buy or give her GF bread, just pepperoni slices and a cheese stick. Used to give her 2 GF cookies , only packing 1 now. I'm going to replace her juice box with water. And I need to get her dinners under control, more protein less carbs. Also if I could just find my freaking Cize DVD I'll start making her dance with me every day. Hope this works for her

Zucchini pizza crust by oatmealwithafork

INGREDIENTS
2 c. zucchini, finely grated, lightly packed
Ĺ cup almond meal
1 egg, lightly beaten, (vegans, use a chickpea egg: 4 T. chickpea flour + 4 T. water)
1 T. avocado oil (or another high smoke point oil such as walnut or coconut)
Ĺ t. oregano
ľ t. garlic powder
⅛ t. salt (you don’t need much because the zucchini will retain some)
INSTRUCTIONS
Place the grated zucchini in a strainer.
Sprinkle the zucchini with some salt, toss it to disperse.
Place the strainer over a large bowl, and let the zucchini drain for about 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Place the grated zucchini into a dry dish towel, and wring the towel over the sink until the water from the zucchini is squeezed out.
Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
Add almond meal as needed to make a dough (not too wet, not too dry).
On a parchment-lined baking sheet, spread the zucchini mix out into an oval shape. I use a fork to do this, and I press it down to compact it as well.
Place the pan on the bottom rack of the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Then place the pan on the top rack of the oven for about 8 minutes, until browned.
Remove the pan and flip the crust.
Bake for another 5 minutes.
Remove the crust.
Turn the oven up to 500 degrees.
Top the pizza with sauce or pesto, cheese, vegetables....whatever floats your pizza boat!
Place the pan back into the oven on the bottom rack and bake for 3-4 minutes. Again, place the pan on the top rack for about 2 minutes.
Remove and let cool for 5-10 minutes to let everything set.
Slice and enjoy!!
Vlo1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:42 AM   #185
Lose20lbs42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lose20lbs42
Stats: 155/141/132
Phoenix. I am right there with about feeling in a rut. Winter is very hard for me. We are having temps below zero daily, and the daylight hours are short. I feel like I do the same things day after day. I look forward to Valentines Day, as that always seems like a mental turning point for me into spring.

Vlo. I totally get your concern with your daughter. I have 4 daughters and 2 of them are teenagers now. They both went through a phase during puberty where they gained a little weight. They are both in normal weight ranges now. But they are starting to realize that can't eat whatever/whenever they want.

I was happy to see 146 today for the second time in 11 days. Now I really want to see 145 and no more 148. Even after an UD!!!
Lose20lbs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:43 AM   #186
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: p0rtia
Stats: 5'7" 307/175/150-160
WOE: ex-Atkins; low cal/low carb + 4:3 JUDDD
Start Date: May 22, 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlo1125 View Post
So far with doing keto I've noticed my ud upticks are not as big as before. They've been .4- 1.4 vs 2.5- 4, which helps make my dd's count for a bit more. I did go a bit higher yesterday at 30 net because I ate more veggies instead of the fathead pizza I made a zucchini crust carbs were a little bit higher but I had all the ingredients. It made a decent crust and I would use it again. I ate half the pizza so I still have 4 slices to eat tomorrow. I think these would also make decent taco shells if made smaller.
First of all, thanks for the zucchini pizza crust recipe! I've been thinking I'd like to try to conjure up something like this, and voila!

Thanks too for mentioning your keto UD DD regime. I'm happy with mine too--the combo of excessive tennis and keto reduced my Lowest Recent Number by 2 lb., so I'm a happy camper 2/3 of the way through my second week.

Question Vlo: I think you said somewhere recently that it was easier for you to do 0 Cal DDs (than c. 400 cals). What has been your experience with hunger (both the good kind and the bad kind) whilst doing this keto?

I ask because, although I do not have a problem with hunger on JUDDD, nor do I have a problem with hunger on VLC in general, it seems that the combo of JUDDD + zero cal DDs + VLC makes me ravonous on UDs (although DDs are thankfully okay). Don't mind, really, except that I end up having breakfast and working through most of my UD cals before 2 PM--at which point I become satsified and cruise till supper.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:05 PM   #187
Kissa
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
Hi Nilla, (thread killa, you had to be there folks).

I wish I could answer your question, what a gift that would be. I don't use ADF all the time these days. I lost earlier in the year using the 8 Week Blood Sugar Diet (my daughter has lost 84lbs since March).

Like you I am using an eating window sometimes, usually only one meal a day. And I have done some longer fasts as I feel great doing them.

But JUDDD gave me the understanding I needed to eat less than we are 'taught' is necessary.

Lovely to see so many 'returners' here.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:16 PM   #188
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
First of all, thanks for the zucchini pizza crust recipe! I've been thinking I'd like to try to conjure up something like this, and voila!

Thanks too for mentioning your keto UD DD regime. I'm happy with mine too--the combo of excessive tennis and keto reduced my Lowest Recent Number by 2 lb., so I'm a happy camper 2/3 of the way through my second week.

Question Vlo: I think you said somewhere recently that it was easier for you to do 0 Cal DDs (than c. 400 cals). What has been your experience with hunger (both the good kind and the bad kind) whilst doing this keto?

I ask because, although I do not have a problem with hunger on JUDDD, nor do I have a problem with hunger on VLC in general, it seems that the combo of JUDDD + zero cal DDs + VLC makes me ravonous on UDs (although DDs are thankfully okay). Don't mind, really, except that I end up having breakfast and working through most of my UD cals before 2 PM--at which point I become satsified and cruise till supper.

Hunger has been the same I think, not too hungry on dd's ....more just wanting to eat vs having to but that's the same and ignorable. I'm finding the same thing, I've been having breakfast on ud's , then eating lots of snacks and lunch then I'm not too hungry at dinner so it works out. But I'm not trying to stay under a certain amount of calories so I try not to stress when I see it adding up In my tracker. staying under 20 net is tough if you want any kind of veggies I'm finding though
Old 01-11-2017, 12:31 PM   #189
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hunger has been the same I think, not too hungry on dd's ....more just wanting to eat vs having to but that's the same and ignorable. I'm finding the same thing, I've been having breakfast on ud's , then eating lots of snacks and lunch then I'm not too hungry at dinner so it works out. But I'm not trying to stay under a certain amount of calories so I try not to stress when I see it adding up In my tracker. staying under 20 net is tough if you want any kind of veggies I'm finding though
Thanks. Your breakfast/lunch eating really does track with what I'm experiencing. For me, driven by an amazing urgency to eat--and my is
it satisfying when I do! Everything tastes twice as good after a water fast!

BTW I'm eating as much protein as possible on UDs (trying for at least 80g), as I have some idea with eating as few calories as I'm eating per week (7200ish), I should be careful (and I'm old).
Old 01-11-2017, 02:42 PM   #190
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0rtia View Post
Thanks. Your breakfast/lunch eating really does track with what I'm experiencing. For me, driven by an amazing urgency to eat--and my is
it satisfying when I do! Everything tastes twice as good after a water fast!

BTW I'm eating as much protein as possible on UDs (trying for at least 80g), as I have some idea with eating as few calories as I'm eating per week (7200ish), I should be careful (and I'm old).

I never have a problem meeting( and exceeding ) protein, I always plan my meals around meat so are you not adding your dd calories to your ud? I did find yesterday that I had the urge to keep eating even though I was full. I was quite full by the time I sat to eat dinner and kinda didn't enjoy eating it I think I should have pushed my dinner back later as I did get the urge to snack right before bed. I think we both started our keto experiments last week so I can't wait to see our results at the end of the month!
Old 01-11-2017, 02:46 PM   #191
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ailuros
WOE: Controlled carb, real food
I’ve reached the stage now, where having been pretty much on plan for a full week, I think the work should be nearly done! I tried on the test trousers last night ant they’re still too tight. Sigh.
Ailuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:53 PM   #192
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Lose20- I was hoping it was just a phase where she was gaining a bit before a growth spurt like it has a few times in the past. But she keeps gaining and not growing! I had to get rid of all her clothes as they didn't fit and went shopping last weekend, I bought her a ton of leggings on clearance that were a women's small, they are a bit long but with leggings you can't tell. They fit her waist and butt perfect though. Also unless it's girls plus I can't buy her uniforms in the girls section anymore, I buy a women's 5/7 and my mother in law has to take about 8 inches off the bottom and hem them I input what she has eaten today on my tracker since it's my dd and I'm not eating ( ) and so far with the dinner I plan on serving her it's 1300 calories. She asked for chips, sour cream and cheese for a snack ( gross I know but she loves it) and I weighed and portioned it out when I normally just let her take the whole bag and munch to her hearts content. Going to weigh her after a week and see if anything changes.

Last edited by Vlo1125; 01-11-2017 at 02:55 PM..
Old 01-11-2017, 04:56 PM   #193
Partyof8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Partyof8
Stats: 348/231/170
WOE: Low Carb, Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: Began journey March '14 Break '15 restart: Jan '16
Hello ladies. Much love sent!!!! Checking in and I fully intend to catch up this thread tonight!

Restart after baby: 285 on 1/18/16 - lost 54 pounds since!
117 pounds total
Today, I will just do my very best.
Partyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:05 PM   #194
SlowSure
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/113/100-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof8 View Post
Hello ladies. Much love sent!!!! Checking in and I fully intend to catch up this thread tonight!
When you can Katie - I'm just pleased to see you post again!
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:51 PM   #195
LiLi914
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 249.6/245.2/145
WOE: JUDDD/some form of Low-Carb
Start Date: 1/3/2017 - restart from 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Lovely to have you both back. Lili I see you check in regularly on the 'never to named' tracker.
KISSA!!!! Yes, I adore seeing you there and on the Book. But seeing you on the boards is just so much sweeter.

Quote:
Thinking of you Katie. Hpe you're doing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I'm so pleased to see you that I'm sitting here with a grin splitting my face!

I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you are - and now we have the pleasure of your company.
Slow, you are always such a great supporter and mentor. Thanks for always looking out for us.

And to everyone else so glad that we're in this together.

I always forget how great I feel when I'm following JUDDD. In just the last week alone my energy level has improved. I'm more focused when in session at work and I just feel lighter. Plus seeing any kind if movement on the scale in the right direction is fabulous.

Come stalk my journal: https://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/s...d.php?t=873596

"You can always take the easy way out & give up but real strength comes when you decide to keep pushing no matter what the circumstances are."
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:07 PM   #196
Carly

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/126.8/125 5'1" 41yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD- maintaining since 2/2013
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Hi Nilla, (thread killa, you had to be there folks).
Love ya Nilla

It's so nice to see all the returning JBs

I'm swapped at work and still feeling run down. DW wants me to start the BCP, but I have not decided for sure...

Gotta run, hope for more JB time soon, but based on my meeting schedule for tomorrow (first meeting at 8:15am followed by 2 more meetings before 11am) I'm not hopeful.

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:13 PM   #197
Seabreezes
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
So nice to see all of the familiar faces!

Carly, do take care....!

Old 01-11-2017, 06:30 PM   #198
leonak
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: leonak
Stats: Goal Met July, 2015 - 112!!!!
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Hi Katie!
Old 01-11-2017, 07:27 PM   #199
p0rtia
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I never have a problem meeting( and exceeding ) protein, I always plan my meals around meat so are you not adding your dd calories to your ud? I did find yesterday that I had the urge to keep eating even though I was full. I was quite full by the time I sat to eat dinner and kinda didn't enjoy eating it I think I should have pushed my dinner back later as I did get the urge to snack right before bed. I think we both started our keto experiments last week so I can't wait to see our results at the end of the month!
I don't eat beef very often (maybe once a year at a party) and I don't like fish much, so I have to work a bit at getting enough protein.

No, not adding my DD cals to UD. I'm working on the principle that the fewer DD cals the better, according to Dr. J. I haven't seen him recommend upping UD cals to compensate. These few weeks before company starts arriving is a good time for me to lose, so I want to make the most of it. Hoping to see 179 by the end of the month.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:22 PM   #200
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy&Healthy
Stats: Too much/better/best
WOE: JUDDD/4:3/Fung
Start Date: November 2016
Hi everyone!

Carly: sending you hugs

To everyone else who is under the weather: hoping you're on the mend

Lose20lbs42: I totally hear you on the frustration of seeing the same numbers over and over again. I was on a stall last week but stuck with it and I'm starting the downward trend again. Gotta ride that bounce…

Vlo: I also do 0 cal down days, it was hard at first but is second nature at this point. Our daughter can also be a little on the heavy side but I have noticed that over the last couple of years as she's gone into tweendom, her weight will fluctuate significantly as she approaches a growth spurt, she gets chubby and then leans out as she grows. I'm not too worried about it but I am trying to discourage snacking between meals and having her stick to the three squares a day.

Good to see all of the returning JB's! I followed along with everyone's journey as I caught up with the thread, so though I may not be familiar to you, you are familiar to me! Everyone has inspired me so much on this journey. Katie, good to see you back!

So, DH, who gave me major side-eye when I started this, decided to join in a couple of weeks ago after he saw my brother and I getting results. This morning he decided that he would do a 36 hour complete fast and I decided to join in. I never, in my life, thought he would be able to do 24 hours, much less 36. We will complete the fast tomorrow morning and I am so proud of him for sticking with it! He is a newly diagnosed diabetic and both of us are hopeful that he will be able to turn things around and get to normal blood work.
Happy&Healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:14 AM   #201
Kissa

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/120/120 5'3" Age 70
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2002 Atkins 2011 JUDDD 2016 BSD/JUDDD
I am so delighted to see this. The fasting seems to have a wonderful impact on diabetes. Good for him. (And you)

Katie, so good to see. Happy New Year.

Ailuros, I love your hopefulness, won't be long though I'm sure. Is DH still doing fasting DDs?

Take care Carly. Really. Lili, you tell her, you know what she's like!

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Hunger is not an emergency.

Last edited by Kissa; 01-12-2017 at 03:16 AM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:19 AM   #202
Happy&Healthy
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Happy&Healthy
Stats: Too much/better/best
WOE: JUDDD/4:3/Fung
Start Date: November 2016
Thanks Kissa! I am encouraged and can't wait to see what his numbers are at the next appointment. So PROUD of him!

In the meantime, I have fasted with DH for 35 hours and I GAINED A POUND ??????? (*grumble, grumble, grumble) I drank an absurd amount of water yesterday so it's got to be that. I am feeling good this morning, I am going to see how long I can go today with the fast. Not putting too much pressure on myself but going to ride the wave for as long as it will take me.

Ailluros: hang in there, you'll be glad you did!

Phoenix: I had a similar week last week, i was so unbelievably hungry. I hung in there and it passed, this week has been a breeze
Happy&Healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:59 AM   #203
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ailuros, I love your hopefulness, won't be long though I'm sure. Is DH still doing fasting DDs?
Heís been fasting most of the day, then having some yoghurt or something in the evening. I donít know if heís planning on getting back to a complete fast.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:01 AM   #204
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy&Healthy View Post
Ailluros: hang in there, you'll be glad you did!
Thanks. Itíll just be nice once I get to a point where the amount Iíve lost is more than the daily bounce, so I can actually see it!

At least I caught this before putting all the weight back on again. Iím looking to go down maybe ten pounds. That would get me to a number I like, but I might need to stop before then, because in practical terms, where I need to be is at a size where all my clothes fit.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:07 AM   #205
Joecarb
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Joecarb
Stats: 200/182/170
Happy New Year Gang! Haven't been here in a while but still holding strong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aY7dnvNsgE
Joecarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:41 AM   #206
vanilla_latte
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: Which time?
My multi- quote thingy seems to be broke. Thanks for the welcome back.

Kissa, on the thread killa .. I'd forgotten about that!

Carly,

We're not having much of a winter here. We're supposed to be in the upper 70's today. Last week we woke up to mornings in the 20's. Such is the weather in SE Texas. It's a pendulum and is probably contributing to everyone having head colds right and left.

Second DD yesterday was good. And I'm down another pound. Not sure what's going on, but I'm all .

vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:57 AM   #207
Ailuros
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailuros View Post
Heís been fasting most of the day, then having some yoghurt or something in the evening. I donít know if heís planning on getting back to a complete fast.
Iíd no sooner posted this than he turned up and made himself two slices of toast. Well, that still counts as a down day, just not complete fasting! Weíve not quite reached the just doing it stage.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:40 AM   #208
phoenix17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: getting there slowly but surely
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Hi all! Its nice to meet all the former JBs back here again.

Vlo: thanks for that recipe- I used to make the cauliflower crust all the time (cauliflower and cheese) do you know that one? if so, how different is the texture?

H&H: I think the hungries did pass so I'm thankful for that!! That gain of a pound after fasting is curious and I'm sure its water weight but it is weird isn't it? I had a gain of 1.5 lbs after my DD last Friday that is perplexing and I still haven't quite recovered from it. I started taking a new supplement so I can't help but wonder if that has anything to do with it. Do you take any supplements?

I had a fairly successful DD yesterday (100 cal over target) and I always feel so good when I manage that. I'm experimenting with my UD calories still so I intend to keep it more like a "high mid" day today and another DD tomorrow. I have noticed that my Friday DDs tend to have a calorie creep so I am hoping a high mid day will help to balance that.
I wish that number on the scale didn't have such a hold over me. I am feeling healthier, in the mirror I can see my body re-shaping and slimming down, I am 2 sizes down from when I started this again, but that pesky number on the scale can ruin my day.
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:19 AM   #209
HockeyMum
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HockeyMum
Stats: 152/143.8/120. 5'3.5" Age 57
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: LC for years, JUDDD as of 2017
Good morning everyone. Got back on my rotations this week and am down 3.8 pounds since Monday morning, so all the food I ate on the weekend just made me retain a ton of water it seems. I had cabbage and veggie soup with curry powder and cayenne yesterday all day, it was so good. I have a huge pot so it will do for my DD again tomorrow.

Nanu, I agree, with the kids grown and semi-gone in my case (one in University, one in hockey season) DH and I have more time and $, and I seem to be drinking way more wine than I did years ago. At least with JUDDD, I have cut it down to every other day. Well, except yesterday, when I was really good all day, went to my MIL's to do something on her computer for her last night, and she had poured me a glass and had it sitting next to her laptop. I drank it. And another. Still was down 2.6 this morning, but had an awful headache. Probably because yesterday was a DD and I only had soup in my system!

Vlo - yes, I will shoot for an UD and a MD next time we travel to see our DS. My daughter was a little heavy when she was in her early teens. A lot was muscle because she is also a hockey player, but she was still a bit bigger than she should have been. We cut juice out of her diet completely and she dropped 11 pounds in 3 weeks. I know from being diabetic with both pregnancies that was the first thing they told me to stop drinking because of the amount of sugar in it. I'm sure you will figure it out for her, and good for you for teaching her good habits now.

Vanilla - what is 18/6?

Happy & Healthy, I laughed when I read your comment about your DH giving you the sideye....lol. I made a great Tikka Masala recipe yesterday as we had my FIL for the day. DH knows I love it, but when I didn't have any I had to tell him what I was doing -- a Down Day. He looked at me like I had 3 heads and walked away. He has no clue about JUDDD. I can't wait until he sees the results that I know I will have. He works out like a fiend to stay in shape. I hate working out, but will have to tone up a little somehow. Might have to pull the Pilates machine back out in the basement....

Phoenix and everyone else, congrats on the successes. 2 sizes down is amazing. But that darn scale seems to hold us all for ransom!

Carly, I hope you are feeling better, I know you are busy at work, hard to do when you have a lot to think about health wise, although it will take your mind off it to some degree.

Hope everyone under the weather is getting better too.

Have a great day and thanks for all the support. You are all wonderful!

Last edited by HockeyMum; 01-12-2017 at 09:20 AM..
HockeyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:29 AM   #210
Vlo1125
Major LCF Poster!

Katie- ! Pm me so we can be FB friends!

Portia- try grass fed ground beef , it's tasty and good for you! I make burgers and taco meat weekly with it! I may eventually have to stop adding my dd cals to my ud but my goal is to lose as much as I can on the most calories I can get away with I have no doubt you'll make your goal of 179 happen!

Happy- no food dd's for the win! good point on snacking , it's not necessary and I need to try to deter her from it. Heck I need to stop snacking myself on ud, just stick to meal times! Good luck to your dh, hope juddd helps his diabetes!

Joecarb- that song was the best thing ever!

Vanilla- congrats on the lb!

Phoenix- the texture is more dry, less cheesy as there is no cheese in the crust. I made mine too thin and overcooked it a bit so I want to make it again soon. Glad you had a good dd!

So no new weight yet only lost the 1.4 I was up from my ud which is disappointing but with all the bloat off my weight loss slowing down makes sense, sigh. Any who ud meals planned and I should come under 20 net just fine today! I forgot yesterday was pizza night And the in laws brought home a GF pizza for my daughter from dominos. So she ended up having that for dinner, her calories came in at 1500. I also had her play her just dance game for a good 30 minutes to get her moving. So I'm gonna continue monitoring and trying to make little changes and hope it works itself out

Last edited by Vlo1125; 01-12-2017 at 09:35 AM..