Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Supplements and Low Carb Products > Vitamins and Supplements
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 07-02-2017, 08:13 AM   #1
flatferenghi
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: flatferenghi
not sure if this is the right venue but

What's the deal with erythritol? is it any better or worse than the artificial sweeteners in diet coke, or diet Snapple? I want to order zevia diet sodas (which are sweetened with erythritol)from netrition, because they have flavors one cannot get anywhere else. would love to get informed opinion. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2017, 08:54 AM   #2
Heidinem
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heidinem
Stats: 130/111/105 (5')
WOE: mostly pescetarian, moderate carbs
Start Date: November 1, 2009
I get very thirsty from erythritol. I have to be careful how much of it I consume.

"obesity is a complex problem and it will not be shoehorned into simplistic hypotheses"
Stephan Guyenet
Heidinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:32 AM   #3
Charski
Gadget Gal

Gallery: Charski
Start Date: May 2003
I love the Zevia drinks and yes, they have some awesome flavors! I have no problems with erythritol, which is a sugar alcohol like Xylitol.

Some people have stomach issues with it, I do not. Some get headaches with it - again, I do not. I consume it in small amounts, like maybe one soda a day if that.

Google erythritol and you'll find lots of info about it, including a lot of "scary" stuff which I usually discount depending on whom the information is coming from.

For me, it's a better choice than aspartame and ace-K. Everyone has to make up their own mind on these things though!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck.

I reject your reality and substitute my own! ~~ Adam on Mythbusters
Charski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 05:05 AM   #4
flatferenghi
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: flatferenghi
to stretch my latinum further...

I will mix a can of ZEVIA with a can of plain seltzer water. also, my supermarket stopped carrying FAYGO diet sodas, particularly the diet chocolate flavor. they used the shelf space to make room for yet more coke and pepsi. I definitely intend to order directly from the company-2 cases at least. it is delicious, I use it in different ways, AND is caffeine free. I enjoy some caffeine, but I do not want to overdo it. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI
flatferenghi is offline   Reply With Quote