Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Jump

Old 08-13-2017, 07:36 PM   #841
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: schaferk
Stats: 165/134/125
WOE: Atkins/protein Power
Start Date: 1975
Hi ya all!!! Boy it has turned cold in here. I could not really get the time to get on my computer while at Disney World. The little guy just took all my time. Guess I forgot how demanding it is to have the total responsibility of a child for the entire week. They just depend on you for every breath. I loved spending time with him and seeing him enjoy Disney for the first time but what a job!! A couple of times he went wacko and threw a big fit when I made him stop doing something. He put up a big fight and I almost couldn't control it. He weighs 60 pounds and I couldn't just pick him up and carry him so had to drag him. Freaked me out for sure. Never saw him act this way, refusing to do as he was told and rebelling. duh. So anyhow, 90 % of the trip was great except a couple of those episodes. We had kept him up pretty late at the Magic Kingdom for a 5 yr old and he was dead tired from walking so we attributed it to that but it was embarrassing since there were lots of people witnessing it. My girls never acted like that Disney is becoming so different, we might be cutting back on our trips. We still like it, it's still magical, but just not what it used to be. We used to love it so much but it's so crowded and lines are much worse, can't get on rides anymore, parking really bad, etc. All the checking and searching you, and so many new rules due to 9/11 have really started to ruin things for me. Guess I sound sour, maybe not in the best mood. Don't think I gained any weight as we usually ate in the room since GS is quite the picky eater! I'll catch up tomorrow! Good night friends.
19 Jul 2017 - 140
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2017, 03:52 AM   #842
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: PACarolsue
Stats: 217/199.5/? 5'2"
WOE: Whatever Works
Start Date: Tomorrow
Glad you had a good time, Kris, in spite of the DGS meltdowns. Boys have a tendency to do that at times, more than girls.

I lost 5 big ones while you were gone!!!
Old 08-14-2017, 06:08 AM   #843
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Oh PAC That is great! 5 pounds is a really big accomplishment for our group since we have been losing really really slow, or not at all here lately. I didn't weigh yet but feel I held about the same (with no loss of course). I didn't eat a lot (too busy feeding the kid) but when I did eat it was junk. This trip took a lot out of me. I think it's the aging?? I got stuff going wrong, little things, small problems. I'm still thankful for every minute I have on this earth when I see all the awful things people are dealing with.

GB Still praying for you and I was hoping for good news when I returned about the tumor. And you were pretty motivated when I left - maybe you dropped some serious weight too?? It's just me that has to catch up with you and PAC I hope!
19 Jul 2017 - 140
Old 08-15-2017, 05:37 AM   #844
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Hey it is too quiet in here!! GB get in here and keep yourself accountable! And PAC you lost 5! Keep it going! There is nothing new with me so nothing to say to myself I'm just glad to be home, relaxing finally. Going to go run, maybe take a Harley ride to Wisconsin today. I'm up 2.5 pounds from sig weight, no gain in Disney. But still need to lose some before highschool reunion this weekend. haha no time left for that pipedream
19 Jul 2017 - 140

Last edited by schaferk; 08-15-2017 at 05:39 AM..
Old 08-15-2017, 07:00 AM   #845
GoBahnsen
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaferk View Post
Hey it is too quiet in here!! GB get in here and keep yourself accountable! And PAC you lost 5! Keep it going! There is nothing new with me so nothing to say to myself I'm just glad to be home, relaxing finally. Going to go run, maybe take a Harley ride to Wisconsin today. I'm up 2.5 pounds from sig weight, no gain in Disney. But still need to lose some before highschool reunion this weekend. haha no time left for that pipedream
Hi guys Congrats on that 5 pound loss PAC We haven't heard news like that in a while. Almost as good as catching a 5 pound bass.

I'm down on Disney Land too Kris . Well, I know you're not down on it, but I liked your rant. It's just the worst when a child throws a fit in public. Our oldest used to do that.

She's still the family rebel at 28. I mean your GS is being treated to a great time and then he throws a fit??

I used to pout in public, but I wasn't a tantrum child. I don't get those types. A lot of them probably grow up and get a lot done in the world. They are determined.

To be honest, I struggling more with heart attack symptoms right now than the cancer. Haven't been losing weight, but trying to. I'm really seeing how big the mistake was to gain all this weight.

I kept thinking I was so good at losing that it wasn't that big of a deal. Wrong!!!

Well I'm sorry you had to go thru that public crazy stuff. Sounds like you handled it well and you aren't holding a grudge against the little guy.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:53 PM   #846
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Well not much going on in here that's for sure. I guess there just isn't much to say anymore. I'm the same, no loss, no gain. Still walking. Can't run right now, I think I'm finally going to have to get the Bunion surgery. It's just bothering me too much, pain all the time. I have an appointment made for next Monday. Probably have to go in and carve out some bone off the side of my little toe. It's been getting worse for over 5 years and it's finally to the point where I can no longer stand the pain. Worsening every year.

Skipped dinner last night and going to tonight also. Hope to see a little loss tomorrow.

PAC where are you? How did you lose that 5 pounds anyhow? I hope you are not sick or something. I know it's pretty quiet in here, not too exciting.
19 Jul 2017 - 140
Old 08-18-2017, 07:02 AM   #847
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Kris, I knuckled down and stuck to low carb along with IF. I was pretty much just eating meat and salads. I did it more to get my blood sugar under control and the weight loss came along with it. I just proved to myself that I CAN lose weight, and I CAN lower my blood sugar, if I put my mind to it and do what I know is necessary. I'm not sick. Actually, for a few days I was feeling dizzy and had leg cramps and that caused me to go off plan a bit and I gained back 2, but that went away and now I'm back on plan. I think my problems stemmed from bacon. I don't normally eat bacon....it's just too salty for me. But our tomatoes are starting to ripen like crazy so I bought some bacon so DH could have BLTs. I was eating it too with my scrambled eggs, thinking "high fat," but it brought along "high sodium" with it and raised my blood pressure. So a couple days without bacon and I am back to normal, whatever normal is for me. Actually, DH doesn't need the bacon either, so once our tomato supply runs out, I will stop buying it for him, too. I know it's almost sacrilegious to say "No Bacon" on a low carb forum. LOL

I agree that you need to have that bunion checked. Getting that fixed up will put you back in the running mode, and in the meantime, walking is good, too. When I think about bunions, I remember my grandmother with a hole cut in the side of her shoe to relieve the pressure on her bunion. Bless her soul.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:21 AM   #848
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning LC Friends! What's left of us anyhow!! Glad you popped in PAC. I was really starting to wonder what happened to you. That's great that you got everything back to normal, it's too bad any of us have to always be worrying about every little thing we eat for fear it will mess up our health. Too bad life is difficult But you figured it out and fixed it so I'm happy for you. As I've said, I'm pretty lucky with most health things so far but now this foot is giving me a fit. Hate that I can't run and it always hurts. I can't get the surgery till Oct after my last 5K and trip to Disney. We wont have Disney tickets for a year or so after they expire this Oct. Like your Gramma, I have shoes with a slice in them to relieve the pressure too. But from what I've read, not getting it fixed is causing more permanent damage and foot deformity

I'm solidly back to sig weight, 140.0 from what I had gained back. I never made it to my goal tho (130) so I'm still hoping to make that at some point. Tonight and tomorrow is the highschool reunion festivities so will have some food but not pig out Beautiful day here, although unfortunately I can feel FALL in the air. That is sad for me.

GB Hope you are staying strong
19 Jul 2017 - 140
Old 08-18-2017, 10:57 AM   #849
kind
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: >
Start Date: April1 2013
Hi, every one.
My name is Janet{Kind.I have been loseing weight and getting healthy.since April 1st. 2013.
Went from>178 and as of today weight>124.
I have gained some and taking it off.
My goal is the reach 110lbs.
But for few months having a hard time getting and staying with it.
I need to reset. I count cals. 1.200 .I go to ymca.
I'm just getting back into green smoothies.and I belive in detoxing.
Maybe if I come here and read and post I can get back on track.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 05:48 AM   #850
schaferk
Major LCF Poster!

kind! We are always happy to have newbies join us. It's a small group, we struggle with staying on plan. We have all been doing this a very long time but it's gets harder to stay with it. You have amazing statistics and have done awesome with losing that amount of weight! Congrats and good luck with getting to your goal
19 Jul 2017 - 140
Old 08-19-2017, 05:52 AM   #851
PACarolsue
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Janet! Welcome to our humble thread. Good loss! I hear ya on wanting to get back on track after a little slip up. We all have them. You're smart...the key is to catch it right away and not let it get out of hand. We seem to have our own little set backs here...maybe we will teach you what NOT to do, LOL, and you can give us some pointers on how you stuck to it to lose those 50 or so pounds. Just jump right in.

Last edited by PACarolsue; 08-19-2017 at 05:53 AM..
PACarolsue is online now   Reply With Quote